Type keyword(s) to search

Garcelle Beauvais: Coming to Beverly Hills

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not having heard of her before, I had to say I really liked how she shared her humble beginnings, how firm she was with her sons and the way she's going about raising them to be polite, grounded young men.  Total respect for her as a mother, making them share the household chores, say Grace before meals, training them to be gentlemen by asking "who's going to hold the door for the lady?" and her stance on No Gucci until you get a job and buy it for yourself.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 12
On 5/9/2020 at 7:54 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Not having heard of her before, I had to say I really liked how she shared her humble beginnings, how firm she was with her sons and the way she's going about raising them to be polite, grounded young men.  Total respect for her as a mother, making them share the household chores, say Grace before meals, training them to be gentlemen by asking "who's going to hold the door for the lady?" and her stance on No Gucci until you get a job and buy it for yourself.

I really like what we've seen of her as a mother too.

She's been fun so far. She's outgoing, has lead an interesting life, and isn't too soft to handle the shenanigans. I hope she returns next season. 

• Love 6

To be fair, she could try investing some time and effort in getting to know Kyle as much as she slams on Kyle for not investing any time and effort in getting to know her.

It does go both ways.

• Love 7

I'm not quite sure what Garcelle wants.  She complains about Kyle's interactions being superficial, which fair point, but we also haven't seen Garcelle try to have deeper conversations with Kyle.  She's had one-on-one moments with Denise and Erika, but not Kyle.  She skipped Teddi's event and Rinna's girls' event, and she's often shown filming only with her own circle (and none of the other core cast members).  Other than with Kyle herself, she's stayed out of the drama, so it's not even that Kyle overlooked an opportunity to help Garcelle out, the way she has with Sutton.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think there were a couple housewives who came ready to hate Kyle and be on the "cool kids" team with LVP and Brandi. It doesn't sound like Kyle's really done anything to Garcelle, but I wonder if Garcelle feels she has to be honest about who was the least friendly and do her part stirring up gossip for the show? IDK, but I also think if she's picking a team it's due to her history with Denise and Kyle being a hot mess this season. If she were looking to further her agenda with the show long term, it wouldn't make sense being on the outs with the OG who's been an anchor since season 1 and most connected to everyone. Denise isn't gelling with the rest of the cast at all, and Rinna's also more likely to be given the boot. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's hard to say who would go first. Rinna loves to stir shit, and the producers love that. Bravo has demoted and outright booted OGs before.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

IRC, both Carlton and Yolanda seemed a little too ready to dislike Kyle, especially Carlton. 

Ah ok.

It's hard to say who would go first. Rinna loves to stir shit, and the producers love that. Bravo has demoted and outright booted OGs before.

I'm guessing Kyle and Rinna are probably the 2 safest HWs at this point.

• Love 3
Just now, Hiyo said:

Ah ok.

I'm guessing Kyle and Rinna are probably the 2 safest HWs at this point.

I could see that. I do think Kyle's #1 safest not just because of her seniority, but because she doesn't get super provocative like Rinna and also seems to have more fans than Rinna. 

Anyhow, I hope Garcelle returns next season. 

• Love 5

I don’t see Garcelle leading that sort of charge against Kyle or anyone else, tbh. I mean, why would she, she barely knows Kyle.

I’d like her to stay too, but I think she needs to integrate herself with the rest of the cast more.

• Love 6

I like Garcelle very much. I actually remember her from her catalog work and also doing cameos on old school sitcoms like Cosby, Family Matters, The Wayans, ultimately culminating as a lead on the Jamie Fox show. I am rooting for her. I love her and Erika together. 

I do think she wants that smoke with Kyle though. During Kyle's 'you fake bitches' breakdown, I thought it was odd of Garcelle to the pose the question to Kyle of why she thought she was fake and wanted examples. Garcelle admitted herself they haven't had much interaction and Kyle 'glazes' over her.  That being said it would have been a perfect opportunity for Kyle to say she didn't mean Garcelle because she doesn't know her well enough and express an interest in doing so.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I like Garcelle very much. I actually remember her from her catalog work and also doing cameos on old school sitcoms like Cosby, Family Matters, The Wayans, ultimately culminating as a lead on the Jamie Fox show. I am rooting for her. I love her and Erika together. 

I do think she wants that smoke with Kyle though. During Kyle's 'you fake bitches' breakdown, I thought it was odd of Garcelle to the pose the question to Kyle of why she thought she was fake and wanted examples. Garcelle admitted herself they haven't had much interaction and Kyle 'glazes' over her.  That being said it would have been a perfect opportunity for Kyle to say she didn't mean Garcelle because she doesn't know her well enough and express an interest in doing so.

Ditto. I remember her from many of my childhood shows. Each time she appeared in a scene, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was/is so beautiful.

I'm curious who Kyle was referring to with the fake bitch insult too though. If I were being grouped in as a fake bitch, I wouldn't appreciate it. I agree with you about how Kyle should have responded.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6

Garcelle will go after Vyle because of who she is. She already sees through Vyle and is calling her out after a couple of episodes.

Yeah, I doubt that she will go after her on the show...so far it seems more after the fact, whether in interviews or in her THs.

• Love 3

Nah, Garcelle is smart enough to know that could get her kicked off the show.

Also, I like to think Garcelle is classy enough to avoid resorting to violence.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Maybe she can rough her up at the reunion. I hope it is not this zoom bullshit.

Well, one good thing about Zoom is the ability to mute people. It’s too bad Andy didn’t do it more of that during the RHOA reunion and only did it because others were telling him to mute Kandi and Nene. I though maybe he would manage it better since he had so much control - but not so much.

• Love 1

I'm beginning to wonder if Garcelle is on this show to publicize everything she's got going on and then ditch it at the end of the season.  She certainly doesn't seem interested in doing the HW stuff.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/27/2020 at 2:20 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Maybe she can rough her up at the reunion. I hope it is not this zoom bullshit.

It would be kind of funny to picture them all shouting at one another several feet apart with masks on. Andy’s job would be harder than ever. Lol 

I wish it would be safe to have a traditional reunion, but I don’t know if it will be anytime soon. Shahs “reunion” on WWHL was a total letdown. 

Edited by RealHousewife
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Shahs wasn't even a reunion. They filmed in separate segments, never having direct conversation. And of course, no Mike, GG, etc. just Reza and MJ screaming.

Yeah it wasn't a proper reunion, but that was what they did in lieu of one. A bummer because reunions are typically the most entertaining shows of the season. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Garcelle is on this show to publicize everything she's got going on and then ditch it at the end of the season.  She certainly doesn't seem interested in doing the HW stuff.

I believe the sole reason she's on this show is to promote Coming To America 2.  I dont remember a former new houseguest missing so many of the ladies activities before.  So far I find her boring.  I was hoping she'd come on the show and stir some things up but so far she's been as Kyle would say a ,"Yawwwnnn..."  Just my opinion.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

The Atlanta reunion format seemed to work more or less, so I wouldn't be surprised if Andy and Bravo used that format for this show's reunion (and NYC's as well).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Because she dared to call one of Kyle’s shirts ugly. Minor, if you ask me.

Not sure what shirt but there is a 99.9% chance it was accurate.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Not sure what shirt but there is a 99.9% chance it was accurate.

I don't think Kyle's style is as bad as it's made out to be tbh, but it was. lol

I like Garcelle a lot and Kyle not so much this season, but I hope Garcelle isn't picking on Kyle just for the sake of it. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2020 at 2:51 AM, Hiyo said:

Looking for a another storyline then?

It sure looks like the Ignored-by-Kyle storyline is what Garcelle is sticking with - went off on it again during last night’s commentary.

(Can’t believe Dorit let her little guy watch that screamfest!)

• Love 3

I really like both Garcelle and Sutton.  Sutton is only a friend so we don't see much of her and Garcelle had some commitments that kept her from filming a time or two if I'm not mistaken.

They are newbies.  Everyone is just getting to know everyone else.  I hope they come back - Denise too.

• Love 5

Bravo must think Garcelle’s prior commitments are temporary - otherwise it makes no sense to hire her. And maybe she took this job for stability and to be home with her kids more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2