Type keyword(s) to search

Garcelle Beauvais: Coming to Beverly Hills

• Start Topic

“I'm not surprised with the way things went," Beauvais, 53, said on Thursday's episode of SiriusXM's The Jenny McCarthy Show. "This was a really hard season for her."

"I believe she was warned prior to the season. That's what she says. And that's what I want to believe. Lisa Rinna was like, 'the second season is usually when things happen' and I said, 'Is that a threat?' And she said yes."

https://people.com/tv/garcelle-beauvais-not-surprised-by-denise-richards-rhobh-exit/

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 9/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, goofygirl said:

So Teddi missed her turn on the second year business??  Because she was pregnant.  Ought to be full-on WAR on that silly wanker now.

Teddi's second year was last year and she wasn't pregnant then.  I'd argue that her first year was pretty rough because of Erika.  And she was made to pull more weight with the Dorit/dog situation last season.  

• Love 4
On 9/12/2020 at 3:17 PM, Door County Cherry said:

Teddi's second year was last year and she wasn't pregnant than.  I'd argue that her first year was pretty rough because of Erika.  And she was made to pull more weight with the Dorit/dog situation last season.  

I thought her first year was pretty rough because of Dorit being late and then offended at Teddi's choice of glassware?  😄 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, princelina said:

I thought her first year was pretty rough because of Dorit being late and then offended at Teddi's choice of glassware?  😄 

You are right! Poor Teddi, sitting there at the table, checking the time, waiting, waiting, waiting. Dorit refusing to be accountable. I'm surprised Teddi survived that level of torture.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, nexxie said:

“I'm not surprised with the way things went," Beauvais, 53, said on Thursday's episode of SiriusXM's The Jenny McCarthy Show. "This was a really hard season for her."

"I believe she was warned prior to the season. That's what she says. And that's what I want to believe. Lisa Rinna was like, 'the second season is usually when things happen' and I said, 'Is that a threat?' And she said yes."

https://people.com/tv/garcelle-beauvais-not-surprised-by-denise-richards-rhobh-exit/

They'd better be careful going after Garcelle. She will chew them up and spit them out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I thought Garcelle wasn't coming back?

Some people have speculated that she might not because of her new hosting gig, but I read an article earlier this week in which she sounded like she does plan to return and hashing out things with Vyle and Rinna then. I hope so!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

The one thing I'm not on Garcelle's side is her "feud" with Kyle.  I really think she's making a mountain out of a molehill here, and her real issue is that Kyle didn't want to get deep with a new friend, by immediately talking about finances and mental health.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, politichick said:

Some people have speculated that she might not because of her new hosting gig, but I read an article earlier this week in which she sounded like she does plan to return and hashing out things with Vyle and Rinna then. I hope so!

I thought she did say something about if Denise doesn't come back, she wasn't coming back but the way she has talked doesn't make it seem like she's sticking to that.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, politichick said:

If she does come back I hope she feuds with Rinna.

• Love 3

This is my very first comment about Garcelle, and I still don't know what I think about her.  I really didn't think she was that great, or added that much.  She did mix stuff up some and that was all right.  When she asked Erika what her sex life with an 80 year old man was like, and watching Erika pretend choke to give herself time to regroup, because someone had the gall to ask it to her to her face, now that was pretty entertaining.  And Erika's lame, it's okay....yeah, right.  Tom falls out as soon as he's horizontal and you know it. 

But when she outright asked Sutton where she got her money, I didn't really find that entertaining.  I think because it seemed to embarrass Sutton, and Sutton still seems kind of like a mouse to me.  Timid and nervous. 

Garcelle said she asked the deep questions nobody else would, but I don't know that they are so much deep, as overly inquisitive. 

I do appreciate that she never stabbed Denise in the back.

From what I've read and ascertained, Garcelle is coming back.  She better watch her back though, seems like season 2 for the newbies, is hazing season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

This is my very first comment about Garcelle, and I still don't know what I think about her.  I really didn't think she was that great, or added that much.  She did mix stuff up some and that was all right.  When she asked Erika what her sex life with an 80 year old man was like, and watching Erika pretend choke to give herself time to regroup, because someone had the gall to ask it to her to her face, now that was pretty entertaining.  And Erika's lame, it's okay....yeah, right.  Tom falls out as soon as he's horizontal and you know it. 

But when she outright asked Sutton where she got her money, I didn't really find that entertaining.  I think because it seemed to embarrass Sutton, and Sutton still seems kind of like a mouse to me.  Timid and nervous. 

Garcelle said she asked the deep questions nobody else would, but I don't know that they are so much deep, as overly inquisitive. 

I do appreciate that she never stabbed Denise in the back.

From what I've read and ascertained, Garcelle is coming back.  She better watch her back though, seems like season 2 for the newbies, is hazing season.

Intrusive questioning is very annoying, but for me Garcelle still added a decency to the show. She never seemed like she was trying to humiliate anyone. I could see myself being friends with her. I also think she's drop dead gorgeous and very Hollywood. She has been a working actress for many years, dated Will Smith, and it was interesting getting to know her. 

I totally agree with you as far as the reactions to the questions. Erika's reaction was funny, and I didn't feel too bad for her, because I know she can handle herself just fine. I agree that Sutton is different. She is a gentler person, and I hate to see someone like that pushed. I'm glad Garcelle apologized.

I don't consider those questions deep either, but I wonder if she asked deep questions that weren't shown on the show. I did get the sense she isn't one for superficial friendships, which is why she said Kyle was nice, but that they didn't connect. 

I would take overly inquisitive over a backstabber any day!

I hope she comes back because I'm a fan, but I don't want to see a nice woman like her mistreated. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Intrusive questioning is very annoying, but for me Garcelle still added a decency to the show. She never seemed like she was trying to humiliate anyone. I could see myself being friends with her. I also think she's drop dead gorgeous and very Hollywood. She has been a working actress for many years, dated Will Smith, and it was interesting getting to know her. 

I totally agree with you as far as the reactions to the questions. Erika's reaction was funny, and I didn't feel too bad for her, because I know she can handle herself just fine. I agree that Sutton is different. She is a gentler person, and I hate to see someone like that pushed. I'm glad Garcelle apologized.

I don't consider those questions deep either, but I wonder if she asked deep questions that weren't shown on the show. I did get the sense she isn't one for superficial friendships, which is why she said Kyle was nice, but that they didn't connect. 

I hope she comes back because I'm a fan, but I don't want to see a nice woman like her mistreated. 

I'd be surprised if Kyle tries to come for Garcelle because Garcelle is much tougher and could easily have her melting in tears. Garcelle also has known Rinna for a long time and probably knows how to shut her down, too. I thought it was funny, albeit a tad rude but the kind of shit expected on reality shows, when she asked those two questions. Don't think she really expected Sutton to spill the beans on where she gets her money.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm glad for Garcelle to come back, better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.  Not that I'm calling Garcelle a devil...lol.  At least, I have a slight opinion of her.  It takes me a while, usually I try and give the new girls the whole season before I decide how I felt about them.  By the end of the season I was loving Sutton.  I really do hope she comes back. 

"I would take overly inquisitive over a backstabber any day!"

Me too!  That's why Rinna needs to go, man, she showed her real true colors when it comes to a friendship.  Wow.  Everywhere I go I use #FireRinna. 

• Love 10

I love people who are direct; I don't see it as rude if it's curiosity-based (as Garcelle's questions seem to be to me) as opposed to accusatory. And dammit, I also want to know how Sutton got her money!  I love Garcelle, and think she's exactly what this show needs.

Please, please do whatever it takes to get Lisa V back, and let Garcelle and Lisa become fast friends.

I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH! PLEASE! ;)

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

The only way I’d want LVP back on the show is if Bravo planned a special season where mega narcissists climbed into a ring and clawed each others’ distorted lips off - LVP and Rinna can go first.

• LOL 3
17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The only way I’d want LVP back on the show is if Bravo planned a special season where mega narcissists climbed into a ring and clawed each others’ distorted lips off - LVP and Rinna can go first.

I'd settle for Bravo Celebrity Deathmatch 

image.png.9c892eb82d8d01f06f8fbe9ecd90bf4b.png

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Welp, no matter how it would turn out, I'd still like to see it happen. I think they would be friends though.

But Lisa and Rinna is a lip claw off? No, I don't want to see that on Bravo!  Seems much better suited to pay-per-view.

And again, Lisa Vanderpump FTW!

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, politichick said:

She looks lovely. Kyle, not so much. Too much hair. I think Garcelle and LVP could be fast friends.

Maybe, but I can’t wish LVP (also too much hair) on Garcelle - LVP would love bomb “Garcie,” try to get her to do some dirty work, play the victim when Garcelle calls her out on her shit, and then send Ken The Flying Monkey out to torment her. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, politichick said:

She looks lovely. Kyle, not so much. Too much hair. I think Garcelle and LVP could be fast friends.

They remind me of each other in that I think they're both good at heart, don't bully, and can be blunt with their questions. Garcelle asking Erika about her sex life with Tom reminded me of when LVP was poking at Erika when she was new. Where I think they're different (so far) is that I have yet to see Garcelle insult with the guise of humor or play the other women like a game of chess. I like LVP, but it is what it is. Garcelle comes across more real, less calculating. 

• Love 6

“They’re coming for me, let me just say that. They’re coming for me but I’m ready,” Garcelle told Mario Lopez, who was filling in for Ellen Degeneres, of her drama with her co-stars on season 11.

“I got my girls here from The Real and we’re coming for them,” she continued.

https://realityblurb.com/2021/02/01/garcelle-beauvais-confirms-rhobh-cast-is-coming-for-her-amid-filming-on-season-11-discusses-drama-and-the-transition-from-actress-to-reality-star/

Wonder who’s coming for her?!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, nexxie said:

“They’re coming for me, let me just say that. They’re coming for me but I’m ready,” Garcelle told Mario Lopez, who was filling in for Ellen Degeneres, of her drama with her co-stars on season 11.

“I got my girls here from The Real and we’re coming for them,” she continued.

https://realityblurb.com/2021/02/01/garcelle-beauvais-confirms-rhobh-cast-is-coming-for-her-amid-filming-on-season-11-discusses-drama-and-the-transition-from-actress-to-reality-star/

Wonder who’s coming for her?!

I’m looking forward to this showdown. My bet is on Garcelle being the victor no matter how all from the pack comes for her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I just finished this weeks episode.  Garcelle’s poor ears were folded in half from the way her hair was pinned back that final night in Tahoe.  It took me a minute to even figure out what was going on there and yikes it looked painful!  I would have had a terrible headache before too long.  😩

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Garcelle  is all that and a bag of chips.

She is dignified, classy and a friend you would want in a foxhole with you. She can get her point across without being a preachy lecturing know at all like Eboni.

I thought it was great that she didn’t go to Kyle’s lame election party because they are still not quite right. She doesn’t bullshit around and doesn’t seem phony.

Her car rides with Sutton was fun and goofy. Fun. Something that has been missing from this franchise for awhile.

Garcelle is the real deal.

• Love 10

Probably because unlike Eboni, Garcelle’s co-stars (despite all their many faults) for the most part don’t seem to be so obnoxiously ignorant when it comes to issues of race. And Sutton aside, they seem willing to listen to Garcelle and others when it does become an issue.

• Love 4

Hoping that Garcelle is the one to question why "the others" were so very concerned about a sex scandal but not questioning a very serious situation about ethics and real victims. It just puts last season in perspective. I want her to ask the real question:

Who the fuck cares if Denise and Brandi had a thing when Erika is so deeply involved in real shit. If this had been Denise or LVP they would have been clutching pearls galore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Hoping that Garcelle is the one to question why "the others" were so very concerned about a sex scandal but not questioning a very serious situation about ethics and real victims. It just puts last season in perspective. I want her to ask the real question:

Who the fuck cares if Denise and Brandi had a thing when Erika is so deeply involved in real shit. If this had been Denise or LVP they would have been clutching pearls galore.

I hope Garcelle questions this too! If my friend cheated on her husband, I'd be disappointed in her, but it's between her and her husband. If my friend put a story out about a mutual friend that was true, I would be on guard tbh. I'm consistent with supporting your friends even during mess-ups, but that wouldn't be friendship ending for me because I do understand LVP's outrage due to what happened to Lucy. There's no way I'd want anything to do with Tom, and I would want some answers from Erika too. If she was in the know, I'd be done. There was a lot of jealousy of Denise's fame and LVP's popularity, so they jumped at the chance to go after them. While I think both Denise and LVP are very strong women, I don't think the others find them intimidating the way they do Erika. 

Garcelle and Erika have gotten along pretty well, but we shall see. When Garcelle's talked about not wanting to be stereotyped or called "an angry black woman," I always think no way would Erika be able to get away with her meltdowns without being called angry if she were black. 

On 6/14/2021 at 11:16 AM, Boo Boo said:

I love her!  She's funny, beautiful, smart.  I want to be BFFs with her!

Ditto. She's so pretty that it's distracting, but she comes across as a cool, down to earth chick. Love her!

• Love 7

I still don’t buy the narrative they went after LVP. Denise, yes, LVP not so much.

It will be interesting to see how Garcelle reacts to it all with Ericka.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2021 at 1:48 AM, RealHousewife said:

Garcelle and Erika have gotten along pretty well, but we shall see. When Garcelle's talked about not wanting to be stereotyped or called "an angry black woman," I always think no way would Erika be able to get away with her meltdowns without being called angry if she were black. 

Well she gets away with them because they fly out of nowhere and scare people.  But I don't think she gets away with them without being called angry - I've always thought of her that way 😄

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Well she gets away with them because they fly out of nowhere and scare people.  But I don't think she gets away with them without being called angry - I've always thought of her that way 😄

Oh a lot of us see her temper, but I still think she'd get the angry label more if she were a black woman. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

On WWHL, Garcelle was at ease and receptive. Very charismatic, relatable. Strong, direct, and inspiring. She conceded that she was able to resolve her conflict with Kyle quickly. She praised Kyle for wanting to understand and respect where Garcelle was coming from. This appearance in my opinion will accomplish much more than the approach of Eboni K. Williams/the RHofNY producers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

One thing I really love about Garcelle is despite the fact she's more of a "somebody" than a lot of the others, she comes across more down to earth. She's not trying to pretend she has more money than she does. Her scenes with her children are organic. She doesn't pretend to have an easy, effortless time with men due to her looks or her fame. She's just a regular chick who happens to be extremely pretty and acts for a living. 

• Love 13
(edited)
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

One thing I really love about Garcelle is despite the fact she's more of a "somebody" than a lot of the others, she comes across more down to earth. She's not trying to pretend she has more money than she does. Her scenes with her children are organic. She doesn't pretend to have an easy, effortless time with men due to her looks or her fame. She's just a regular chick who happens to be extremely pretty and acts for a living. 

I love her boys.  They are delightful and seem well adjusted.

I read or saw Garcelle saying that when work comes her way, she feels she has to take it because opportunity is why her mother moved to the states, and she wants to honor that.

Garcelle is one of my favorite HW's, and definately one of the most admirable - if not THE most admirable.  Leah doesn't elevate this shit. Garcelle elevates this shit.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11