Type keyword(s) to search

Garcelle Beauvais: Coming to Beverly Hills

• Start Topic

On 6/23/2021 at 11:29 AM, lgprimes said:

Let me state that overall I am NOT on JL’s side in this matter. Dude needs to step up and take that paternity test ASAP.  BUT the fact that Dani said such a stupid bizarre statement that night does plant the seed of doubt in me that POSSIBLY she knew she was pregnant at the start of the charter and was looking for a suitable Daddy. It’s unlikely, but I can’t blame JL for requesting the test. 
His behavior in not insisting on it immediately is suspect thought,  and if that baby is his and he doesn’t step up, then he 💯% will be the a-hole in this situation.

I never thought of this, but it's a good point.

I think something happened after they left the boat based on what Dani said during the reunion.  It almost seemed like JL lost interest pretty quickly.  If the relationship was over, asking for a paternity test doesn't seem like an odd thing to do at all. 

• Love 1

“Star Search” is not listed on Garcelle’s Wiki page, but I thought I recognized her name from years ago.  Obviously, she must have made an impression on me! 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
On 7/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, Thumper said:

“Star Search” is not listed on Garcelle’s Wiki page, but I thought I recognized her name from years ago.  Obviously, she must have made an impression on me! 

I didn't know she was on Star Search! Gosh, her face was and is gorgeous. I'm a 90s kid, and I remember she left an impression on me when she was on various shows. Her looks are really something, even by Hollywood standards. 

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I'm not one to always side with a specific housewife, but I can take a good guess that I'll be team Garcelle.

It's funny to me that Dorit called Garcelle the least authentic when she's the most authentic of them all, and Dorit is one of the most fake, even down to her accent.

1.) Garcelle's not a grifter, scammer, con artist, no married to anyone who has something to hide. *cough* Erika, Dorit, Kyle, Rinna

2.) Her lifestyle is real. It's earned by her own work in Hollywood, and she doesn't pretend to have more than she does. She doesn't walk around in labels head to toe every day nor need glam to show up for every little thing. 

3.) I have nothing against plastic surgery and would get it myself, but Garcelle is also one of the few who has the same features she was born with. The rest of the cast is full of fake noses, lips, boobies, and so on. Garcelle's more real than the rest in every sense.

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I've seen the promos for tonight's (8.25.21) episode.  Does anyone know who Garcelle is saying "fuck you, fuck you and fuck you" to?

My guesses?

a) Door-it, Lisa, and Erika

b) Door-it, Door-it's accent, and whatever tacky shit Door-it is wearing that day

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

I’m starting to see why Garcelle has two ex-husbands - she can be quite bitchy. (Thinking of her attitude toward Teddi.) Not that whatever happened with her husbands was all Garcelle’s fault - just that she’s not as wonderful as she sometimes seems compared to some of her castmates.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

I’m starting to see why Garcelle has two ex-husbands - she can be quite bitchy. (Thinking of her attitude toward Teddi.) Not that whatever happened with her husbands was all Garcelle’s fault - just that she’s not as wonderful as she sometimes seems compared to some of her castmates.

Garcelle is just saying what most viewers are thinking. JMO.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, dosodog said:

Garcelle is making it very hard to stay away from watching this show!  

Haha and this is why Teddi is not a fan fave 😄. Simmer down, skillet!

9 hours ago, dmeets said:

My guesses?

a) Door-it, Lisa, and Erika

b) Door-it, Door-it's accent, and whatever tacky shit Door-it is wearing that day

I watched tonight - the correct answer is b!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

To be fair, I yell fuck you at Door-it at least three times a week through the television so it wasn’t a tough guess.

I wish Garcelle had gone in for the kill tonight. “Tell us again about all the black people your children and mother know.” But that’s why she’s classy and I’m not.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, charming said:

Garcelle knows that Teddi was brought in as a member of the Fox Force Five to back Erika.  I'm happy she spoke up and wish it had been on the show.

That may be true, but her gnat comment was just plain bitchy. Even though Garcelle is one of my favorites, she’s not always nice.

• Love 1

I agree with you, nexxie, that Garcelle is not always nice. And to be fair, she doesn't have to be because none of these women are always nice. But I also think that Garcelle got a pass on some of her more mean comments last season because many don't like Kyle or Teddi. And that's fine, people don't have to like them but also they shouldn't pretend that said comments from Garcelle were anything but unkind.

That being said, I have gotten a much better sense of who Garcelle is this season - IMO, she's benefitted from the fact that Denise isn't around because she's been able to interact more with the other women and function as more than just "Denise's defender." I like her a lot more this season than I did last season in part because I feel like I've gotten to know her better. (But still, that doesn't mean that I can't recognize when she is being less than nice).

• Love 4

To each his own, I get we all like different people. I also get liking people but seeing flaws.

For me, Garcelle's crimes are being blunt and throwing subtle shade at people who deserve it. No big deal, Frankly, she's shown tremendous patience and grace with the ignorant heifers she has to work with. 

The others crimes are more along the lines of cruelty, bullying, lying, conniving, using, actually committing crime, etc. She's one of the few who's a decent person in the current bunch, and she's by far the nicest imo. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
On 8/26/2021 at 7:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

For me, Garcelle's crimes are being blunt and throwing subtle shade at people who deserve it. No big deal, Frankly, she's shown tremendous patience and grace with the ignorant heifers she has to work with. 

lol!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Dutchgirl said:

lol!

😀

1 hour ago, Dutchgirl said:

Love this... 

And also love this. Cheers Ladies!

The video of Garcelle and Sutton dancing is too cute. I love that these two became friends. I can't think of another duo I enjoy as much. A lot of the time even if I enjoy watching a friendship on a Housewife show, I really prefer one friend over the other. In this case, both ladies are cool!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

😀

The video of Garcelle and Sutton dancing is too cute. I love that these two became friends. I can't think of another duo I enjoy as much. A lot of the time even if I enjoy watching a friendship on a Housewife show, I really prefer one friend over the other. In this case, both ladies are cool!

I'm glad they have bonded, too. Garcelle is exactly the kind of friend that Sutton needs. She can help her build confidence and also privately help raise her awareness. They also seem to spend time together outside of filming as when S introduced G to tequila and champagne combined that Garcelle mentioned at the lipstick "launch" party.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, politichick said:

I'm glad they have bonded, too. Garcelle is exactly the kind of friend that Sutton needs. She can help her build confidence and also privately help raise her awareness. They also seem to spend time together outside of filming as when S introduced G to tequila and champagne combined that Garcelle mentioned at the lipstick "launch" party.

They probably seem like unlikely friends at first glance, but I think they have good hearts and good judgment in common. 

• Love 9

I'm glad that Sutton and Garcelle had each other TO bond with.  It has been my distinct feeling all season, that The Fucked Up Five (thanks to whoever provided that great description of the rest of the Ho's :) have purposely kept them on the fringe of the group.  It's been more or less subtle, but that feeling I get, reeks of the mean girls thinking Sutton and Garcelle are not quite up to their Hollywood standards...and that definitely includes Crystal too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

I'm glad that Sutton and Garcelle had each other TO bond with.  It has been my distinct feeling all season, that The Fucked Up Five (thanks to whoever provided that great description of the rest of the Ho's :) have purposely kept them on the fringe of the group.  It's been more or less subtle, but that feeling I get, reeks of the mean girls thinking Sutton and Garcelle are not quite up to their Hollywood standards...and that definitely includes Crystal too.

I was warming up to Crystal, but she's lost me again the last couple episodes. She's just another Teddi-a boring woman who wants to be in with "the cool kids." Just add a smirk. If Crystal thinks she's more of a somebody in Hollywood than Garcelle, she's out of her mind.

Garcelle: A former Ford model whose exquisite beauty landed her in Hollywood. Just a few of her 76 IMDB actress credits and random fun facts: 

Was on Coming to America

Acted in Family Matters

Starred on the Jamie Foxx show and is best friends with him

Years on NYPD Blue

Was on Fresh Prince of Bel Air and dated superstar Will Smith

Voted one of People's Most Beautiful

She also has 85 credits for appearing on TV as herself prior to RH. 

Crystal: married someone in Hollywood who's not even a household name. I've never heard of her, like ever. ;) She had two minor things on IMDB prior to Housewives. There are many folks in my own life who have more impressive IMDBs. 

As far as Sutton, she never claimed to be famous. But neither were Crystal, Erika, Dorit, Kyle, and many others prior to RH. At least Sutton legitimately has money. Unlike some of the others, she actually is really rich, not a grifter, and no scandals I'm aware of. Crystal was not famous for coconut water. Erika was not a pop star. Dorit was not a famous fashion designer. Kyle's claim to minor fame was being Paris Hilton's aunt.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 20
40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I was warming up to Crystal, but she's lost me again the last couple episodes. She's just another Teddi-a boring woman who wants to be in with "the cool kids." Just add a smirk. If Crystal thinks she's more of a somebody in Hollywood than Garcelle, she's out of her mind.

Garcelle: A former Ford model whose exquisite beauty landed her in Hollywood. Just a few of her 76 IMDB actress credits and random fun facts: 

Was on Coming to America

Acted in Family Matters

Starred on the Jamie Foxx show and is best friends with him

Years on NYPD Blue

Was on Fresh Prince of Bel Air and dated superstar Will Smith

Voted one of People's Most Beautiful

She also has 85 credits for appearing on TV as herself prior to RH. 

Crystal: married someone in Hollywood who's not even a household name. I've never heard of her, like ever. ;) She had two minor things on IMDB prior to Housewives. There are many folks in my own life who have more impressive IMDBs. 

As far as Sutton, she never claimed to be famous. But neither were Crystal, Erika, Dorit, Kyle, and many others prior to RH. At least Sutton legitimately has money. Unlike some of the others, she actually is really rich, not a grifter, and no scandals I'm aware of. Crystal was not famous for coconut water. Erika was not a pop star. Dorit was not a famous fashion designer. Kyle's claim to minor fame was being Paris Hilton's aunt.

Edited 34 minutes ago by RealHousewife

Very well said!  What's funny is I'd never heard of ANY of them...only Kim Richards and Kathy Hilton.  Crystal has been on my shit list for a while, but I too was warming up to her a little, at least I was trying, but when she told Erika she agreed with her tactics toward Sutton at Kathy's dinner party, she got back on that shit list in the blink of an eye.  Imo, she is such a wannabe.

• Love 12
On 9/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Very well said!  What's funny is I'd never heard of ANY of them...only Kim Richards and Kathy Hilton.  Crystal has been on my shit list for a while, but I too was warming up to her a little, at least I was trying, but when she told Erika she agreed with her tactics toward Sutton at Kathy's dinner party, she got back on that shit list in the blink of an eye.  Imo, she is such a wannabe.

Thanks, and agree with all of your post. :)

One thing I find funny is Dorit boasted she speaks four languages to Garcelle. Garcelle speaks three, so it's not like she'd be that wowed. lol 

• Love 14
On 10/6/2021 at 12:42 AM, RealHousewife said:

For Garcelle’s sake, I hope she doesn’t - these shows offer instant celebrity to unknown narcissists, but sully the reputations of women who have built careers the hard way.

Desperate cast members like Rinna simply delight in smearing poo all over women with legit success stories.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 6
On 8/26/2021 at 4:00 AM, nexxie said:

That may be true, but her gnat comment was just plain bitchy. Even though Garcelle is one of my favorites, she’s not always nice.

I used to love Garcelle,  but saying she’s closer to Kathy than Kyle is was cruel & below the belt no matter how one feels about Kyle. I now look at Garcelle sideways—a true sniper from the side…

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

I used to love Garcelle,  but saying she’s closer to Kathy than Kyle is was cruel & below the belt no matter how one feels about Kyle. I now look at Garcelle sideways—a true sniper from the side…

Why is that cruel if it's the truth? It's not like she and Kyle are besties and Kyle does plenty of shady stuff herself

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Why is that cruel if it's the truth? It's not like she and Kyle are besties and Kyle does plenty of shady stuff herself

So if the truth is fine, I can tell my neighbor that she’s morbidly obese & her house is ugly?   In my opinion it’s extremely cruel. The truth doesn’t always need to be stated…

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

So if the truth is fine, I can tell my neighbor that she’s morbidly obese & her house is ugly?   In my opinion it’s extremely cruel. The truth doesn’t always need to be stated…

I agree the truth doesn't always need to be stated. You know who disagrees with us though? Kyle Richards.  

And Garcelle is still a saint compared to all the rest of them. 

• Love 7

I can tell my neighbor that she’s morbidly obese & her house is ugly?

Slight difference between that and telling Kyle she is closer to her sister.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Garcelle needn't lie or hide the truth. That's not the goal of these shows, and it's not what they signed up for. I'm also a believer in the idea that concealing the truth does more harm than good in the end.

The Hilton sister drama has been going on since the beginning. I'm here for it. Kyle has been on the outs with both Kim and Kathy many times, and I would actually really like knowing a bit more about her relationship with both sisters.

• Love 7
On 4/27/2022 at 11:11 PM, Hiyo said:

I agree they’re different & personally I’d rather someone tell me I’m fat & my house is ugly than say they are closer to my sister than I…

Edited by IslandGirl
Typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Does Kyle REALLY care though?  About her sisters?

If you invited someone to your party and that person calls your sister a c*** and you don't immediately throw that person out?

Do you REALLY care about your sisters?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I agree they’re different & personally I’d rather someone tell me I’m fat & my house is ugly than say they are closer to my sister than I…

To each their own then.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Does Kyle REALLY care though?  About her sisters?

If you invited someone to your party and that person calls your sister a c*** and you don't immediately throw that person out?

Do you REALLY care about your sisters?  

Are you talking about Kim or Kathy? If Kim, I’ve never had a sister with substance abuse issues so I can’t speak to that complexity; if you mean Kathy, I do think Kyle cares greatly about their strained relationship, & I also think she cares about Kim which couldn’t have been easy while she was using…

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Kim.  

Regardless of the complexity of the relationship, you call anyone I love a c***?  You are leaving through the nearest door.  Period.

And you are cut out of my life until a sincere apology is accepted. 

Rinna involves herself WAY too much in that trio of sisters.  But I guess it's an easy storyline for her to be involved in.  Without it actually being about her...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Kim.  

Regardless of the complexity of the relationship, you call anyone I love a c***?  You are leaving through the nearest door.  Period.

And you are cut out of my life until a sincere apology is accepted. 

Rinna involves herself WAY too much in that trio of sisters.  But I guess it's an easy storyline for her to be involved in.  Without it actually being about her...

I totally agree about Rinna. As far as Kim goes, if you call someone I love a c*** who was an addict behaving cuntly, I might be able to give it a pass (though never having been in that position, can’t say for sure). What I can say is I loathe what Garcelle said…

• Love 2
On 4/27/2022 at 10:31 AM, IslandGirl said:

Garcelle has disliked Kyle ever since she started this show.  And been kind of publicly rude about it IMO.

2 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

I totally agree about Rinna. As far as Kim goes, if you call someone I love a c*** who was an addict behaving cuntly, I might be able to give it a pass (though never having been in that position, can’t say for sure). What I can say is I loathe what Garcelle said…

I HAVE been in that position and it's not as hard as you might think to give it a pass 😁

• Love 2

Garcelle has written a memoir. I was at the movies and during the interminable previews she was shown being interviewed by Maria Menounous. I didn't catch the name of the book because the interview was chopped into tiny little sound bites that were shown randomly during the previews.

• Love 3