Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You know what we have not had this season...sending money back home.  So far I have not seen any scenes where someone proclaims it is their culture to send money (other people's, not their own) back home.

It’s early yet, but it seems the over reaching parents is the theme this season

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I watched “The Lives if Others” last night. Realized that so many people of the younger persuasion have no idea about East Germany and how scary a time it was.

This is something I have studied a lot and have a fascination with. The actor who played the Stasi agent lived the reverse. He was an actor who was spied on, he even discovered his own wife was reporting on him when he looked at Stasi Files.

If you liked this movie, I suggest Goodbye Lenin and the series Deutschland 83/86/89

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I am not watching yet, but I forgot I had seen the sneak peak the other day.   I wonder how long Yara had to wait to deliver the line about people in Ukraine thinking Americans are stupid.  She delivered it well.  

I wonder to what extent the TLC crew are pushing to get all the peripheral people to repeatedly bring up the green cards.  

Also Pa Jovi seems to be a bit of a jerk so we see that the son comes by it naturally.  Ma isn't too much better.

I think 60 people may be considered "small" by their standards, but surely she understands but ignores Yara's request for just a few people. 'I don't dislike them as much as Ma and Pa Brandon yet, but.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

This is something I have studied a lot and have a fascination with. The actor who played the Stasi agent lived the reverse. He was an actor who was spied on, he even discovered his own wife was reporting on him when he looked at Stasi Files.

If you liked this movie, I suggest Goodbye Lenin and the series Deutschland 83/86/89

The Spy Museum in DC has a great section on the cold war and East Germany.

Stephanie needs to stop chasing young men

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

They act like they've got a bag full of filet mignon. They're freakin' Whoppers!

DEAD

6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You know what we have not had this season...sending money back home.  So far I have not seen any scenes where someone proclaims it is their culture to send money (other people's, not their own) back home.

The theme this season seems to be middle aged women weeping about losing their sons. It makes a change. 

4 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Why does Tarik have a riding mower for a townhouse yard????

I bet he has a leaf blower too. Call it a hunch. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Oh Stephanie...the hula hoop is not that interesting, it doesn’t make you interesting.

Don't put it past TLC to show her attempt to break the Guinness World Record on Discovery+.  It would fill 100 hours of exclusive programming.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4