Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Somehow I dont think Kenneth will be excited living in a house behind his parents with the in site dog grooming business. 

They're moving, 4 hours away, to a place with better job opportunities, and probably a place more accepting.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Armando seems self sufficient and mature....definitely not a sex tourist situation 

Yeah. Armando is younger than him but he’s not a kid. He has a career and a business and a child of his own. I’m not seeing anything that says there’s a huge power imbalance. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, KelseyNikki614 said:

Can someone tell me what Armando's sad story is? My cable is super glitchy so I missed it

He tried to come out to wife and mother...they couldn’t accept it. Later separated the wife was killed in car accident. He lost best friend. He’s raising the child. Sad.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

There's a decent sized gay community in the Tampa Bay area, as well as in south Florida. 

Exactly. Especially St. Pete.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

No he attended bilingual school. Most people that do speak standard American English because their English teachers are often young people from the USA. My college roommate is Guatemalan (bilingual school) and all her English teachers were from the states. Also if you start learning a language very young you’re less likely to have an accent. 

After 22 year here in Nth America I still sound as Aussie as Erica. However I was 26 when I moved

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Angry Moldovan said:

After 22 year here in Nth America I still sound as Aussie as Erica. However I was 26 when I moved

Yeah that’s very different than moving at 6 compared to 26. 

• Love 2
Just now, Angry Moldovan said:

The cutoff for speaking a language like a native is usually around 10-11 years old. After that, not likely.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah. Armando is younger than him but he’s not a kid. He has a career and a business and a child of his own. I’m not seeing anything that says there’s a huge power imbalance. 

So far, they do seem legit and sweet.

But, I still don’t trust anyone who wants to be on this train wreck, so I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, KelseyNikki614 said:

Thanks guys for the explanation about Armando. That is sad. You guys always come through even when my TV betrays me

Yeah poor guy. And that poor girl has lost her mother. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Jenny should have gotten a job as a law or dental office manager, stayed in Palm Springs, gotten a couple cats, joined a bridge club, and lived a respectable, quiet life.

She probably could have even found an old retiree for a quiet relationship. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

The baby is due on Christmas Day? But there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime!

Or Chinese food after a movie.   (A NJ/NY ritual for Jews on Christmas Day)

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Vandy10 said:

So far, they do seem legit and sweet.

But, I still don’t trust anyone who wants to be on this train wreck, so I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Oh, you just know there's gonna be another shoe. 

• Love 6

My friend Jolie, who grew up in rural Virginia, moved to Australia right after college and has lived there 25 years. She always visits me when she comes home and she has the most adorable Aussie accent.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah that’s very different than moving at 6 compared to 26. 

My young friend from Moldova moved here when she was nine. She spoke no English when she arrived. I first met her when she was 16, she has no accent at all. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The cutoff for speaking a language like a native is usually around 10-11 years old. After that, not likely.

Funny, my cousins who live in Australia speak English really fast. It was suggested that they adopt an American accent when they were in high school so they can be understood better. When I met them last year, they sounded like they've lived here all their life. When they "relaxed", you could definitely hear their Australian accents come through.

• Love 2

I’ve done huge age difference relationships before....I can see why it happens, but also why it doesn't. Time does become an issue, imo. But, to each his own. I’m sure it works well for some.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

My guess is either Brits can’t have children or she’s having her hymen sewn back up

If they hadn't shown her photos growing up, I'd have said she was a man.

Given that, I think her secret is that she's not divorced from a sugar daddy.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Gigglepuff said:

Oh, you just know there's gonna be another shoe. 

I’ll check the Couples Threads in a couple of days. That’s where all the best spoilers are. If anyone has the dirt on these two, it’ll be posted there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

My friend Jolie, who grew up in rural Virginia, moved to Australia right after college and has lived there 25 years. She always visits me when she comes home and she has the most adorable Aussie accent.

Really? When ever I try an American accent people laugh. It’s like a southern/ New York accent rolled into one

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

So does Ethiopia just allow any random person to come into their country and give birth, or will she have to pay out of pocket? 

Daddy will pay out of pocket!

• Love 4