Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m not in the demographic, but does a celebrity endorsement for a perfume make you want to buy it?

Years ago my niece asked for the Paris Hilton perfume and my parents (who are ignorant of pop culture) bought her Antonio Banderas cologne thinking it was the same thing. 😂 Actually some celebrities turn me off from a product, I boycott anything Kardashian/Jenner/Kanye

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Andrew reminds me of Zied a little. You know, if Zied were American and spent his days locked in his mom's basement playing video games, ordering pizza, and doing LARP on the weekends.

So... you mean Zied 5 months after he gets to the US. Because that is exactly what he will be doing

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m not in the demographic, but does a celebrity endorsement for a perfume make you want to buy it?

I don't think so.  I believe a perfume is a very personal thing....not all perfumes go well with the person that is wearing them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Cajun food is seriously some good eating. Shame on Yara. I had frozen pizza and warm Coke for supper. Gumbo would be good right about now. 

We had chicken parmigiana with zucchini noodles followed by gingerbread.  As stuffed as I feel, the minute she slammed the Cajun cuisine I suddenly wanted jambalaya and mudbugs.  This and TAR finishing in NOLA, are making me miss my previous life in NOLA. 

Not sure about this Andrew dude and why he wants to go to a baby shower for his sister.  I would think if he were to go at all, he would just show up at the end with the baby's dad and and maybe her father and any other brothers the couple has. 

I missed the point of their going to Mexico, before the 90 days in the US.

Andrew seems like a slightly more advanced fiance than Brandon, but this having to have your sister tell you that just maybe you should consider a disagreement about having children to be a probable deal breaker is pretty bad.  I get that they have invested some time into the relationship, but at least she told him before the marriage.  Run, Andrew, run.    You are just not the brightest bulb in the ever dimming 90 day chandelier, but so far you are outshining Brandon so there's that in your favor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Interesting. They have a Maui Burst Mountain Dew exclusive to Dollar General which is pineapple flavored and my new favorite. I am excited about the new watermelon flavor coming out in 2021. Here in Michigan 'Faygo' brand is also popular (I am not a Juggalo).

Former Michigander here.  I miss Vernors like crazy!!  One store here in my Missouri town gets it, but only sporadically.  I have been hoarding my last can all year long, because it’s been impossible to get since Rona moved in to the country...you’d think it was Lysol or something!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Well kids, I used to drink Cola - developed Osteoporosis and gave it up.   My osteoporosis went away.   No more bone damaging drinks for me.

What do you think it was?  Carbonation or sugar or something?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Frozendiva said:

The parents sure are clingy to their son. Ugh, let them spend the day to themselves.

My mom goes on vacation with us and we all hang together, but it's different. We're middle-aged adults with two high-energy kids. We work better with the whole divide and conquer thing. We're also not trying to squeeze into romantic time like these two should be. In fact, we conked out at 9pm on our last trip-in separate beds. Sometime's a girl's gotta spread out. THIS family seems to be looking at Julia and Brandon like they finally got BINGO partners. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Unexpected stresses me the hell out. I sat my 13yo son down and made him binge the entire series with me. That's one of my greatest COVID achievements. 

I used to watch "16 and Pregnant" with my son when he was a teen. Once I asked him "are the girls in your school this dumb?". He replied, with withering scorn, "Um, NO". But then I saw his senior yearbook--the "Cutest Couple", as voted by their peers, was the football player and his knocked up girlfriend. Sigh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I hear Julia...I have had this exact conversation except it didn’t concern living all under one roof. Your spouse needs to come first and you do need private time as a couple....not mothers inviting themselves on vacation with you...I’m projecting lol but my point stands.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Hey, what ever happened to that rich cougar from the previews that bought watches for her younger guy?

She is from my town, she is half the reason I am watching this season and they haven't shown her yet! You guys here in live chat and the snarky comments online are the other reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Julia just broke down the number one problem with trying to get to know someone/be in a relationship while living under the watchful eye of the American parents in their home. It is not balanced.

It’s a sign, girl. This guy is a bum.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I hear Julia...I have had this exact conversation except it didn’t concern living all under one roof. Your spouse needs to come first and you do need private time as a couple....not mothers inviting themselves on vacation with you...I’m projecting lol but my point stands.

Yes, I have an mil who tried to insert herself into our honeymoon (such as it was)

1 minute ago, For Cereals said:

What do you think it was?  Carbonation or sugar or something?

Soda can suck all the strength out of your bones! I gave to up at the start of college because I am already short and I scared I was shrinking  myself.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Arynm said:

No. I am still not allowed out to eat in restaurants. Sister is an ICU nurse and she watches me like a hawk(I nanny her kids) When I get the vaccine/allowed out I am doing a short road trip to the chicken place and to buy a new bra from Molly.

I approve of this plan! Stay safe first :). 

• Love 10