Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Having all the episodes of GC Buzz should help, but Hillary 1.0 on GC Buzz was just a character she played, as she attacked those closest to her with guilt and insecurity. Darvon describing them as both stubborn combatants in their relationship was a lie. 

Her wanting Darvon to watch Hillary on the Buzz with her gave me skeevy, incest vibes. Gross.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Her wanting Darvon to watch Hillary on the Buzz with her gave me skeevy, incest vibes. Gross.

Hillary 2.0 making an inappropriate request, back-tracking with Oh, Forgive Me noises, and Darvon grudgingly agreeing to go along with the request -- In spite of how uncomfortable it makes him.

That's textbook Hillary 1.0 behavior. Hillary 2.0 is a pro at manipulating people to do what they want no part of ... How else has she convinced everyone that she means no harm, post-Darvon signing away his Chancellor fortune or post-NotBilly using her as a drinking buddy/relationship sounding board when he was still living with Victoria and the kids?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 9/21/2020 at 6:33 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Elena is going deep on the catastrophizing, I think. And no matter how much Nate tries to pull her back from the edge she just keeps on.

They've now turned her into a one-trick pony. The actress isn't going anywhere because of whatever pull Brighton James has over the TPTB, so get used to the perpetual tortured look she's wearing! 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

They've now turned her into a one-trick pony. The actress isn't going anywhere because of whatever pull Brighton James has over the TPTB, so get used to the perpetual tortured look she's wearing! 🙄

She's always been kind of a nonentity anyway. She is what my mom would have called a "nebbish".  When a nebbish enters a room, it seems like somebody left.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

She's always been kind of a nonentity anyway. She is what my mom would have called a "nebbish".  When a nebbish enters a room, it seems like somebody left.

Hahahaha!  I am SO stealing that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Wearing fluorescent white after labor day, Victoria? 😨

Elena, get a grip. The world doesn't revolve around you. Maybe you shouldn't have been in such a hurry to jump on a widower still in mourning. Ah, but the billions! 😒

"Whatever kept he and I tight..." Well, Chance, Adam likely wasn't attracted to your mastery of grammatical English. 😑

Sure hope Victoria has stashed that pharmacist who got burned by Adam in a safe place, else I could see a bunch of roofies and a one-way trip to South America in her future.

I do agree with Elena about Devon continuing to meet with Amanda at the penthouse. He probably doesn't realize how much it's upsetting her though because she's trying to act noble. And she may not want to make an ultimatum about it because she'd risk Devon calling her bluff.

TMW you find out your ex is still completely over your bullsh!t. Billy, Billy, Billy. Victoria should've just listened to you? YOU shouldn't even listen you, ya clueless clown.

Wonder if at some point Devon and Elena are going to think they both are being worked by Amanda and Nate? If I turn my head just right, Nate and Amanda kind of come across like smooth operators who know how play the long game to get what they want. Or, maybe they're both utterly sincere. 🤔

Perhaps what Elena should do is befriend Amanda. Keep your enemies closer and all that. Nah, she'll probably just get pregnant with a Hamilton anchor baby. She is not throwing away her shot! 🙄

Heh, Chance is not scurred, wannabe lce Queen Victoria. All you Newmans are dirtier than the the GC landfill and everyone knows it. Stop projecting.

Alyssa is involved in a takedown operation against two of GC's biggest, most powerful monsters. You'd think she would be staying in a less accessible place for her own safety. Also, I thought she was heading right to Las Vegas after she met with Billy?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

What the heck is that Little House on the Prairie meets Sister Wives outfit on Chelsea?  

Has anyone else noticed that many of the actors are sweaty?  Ray, Chance and Victoria have such shiny faces and Chance has huge pit stains on his shirt.  Don’t know if the shiny faces are because they’re doing their own makeup or if they’re trying to save money by turning off the air conditioning. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

What the heck is that Little House on the Prairie meets Sister Wives outfit on Chelsea?  

Has anyone else noticed that many of the actors are sweaty?  Ray, Chance and Victoria have such shiny faces and Chance has huge pit stains on his shirt.  Don’t know if the shiny faces are because they’re doing their own makeup or if they’re trying to save money by turning off the air conditioning. 

Forced air heating and cooling spreads germs.

• Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Why is it so strange that Rose dropped off Amanda at a fire station 2 hrs away?  It would be easier to find out who abandoned the baby if she was dropped off in the same city. 

I’m sick and tired of Elena’s nose being out of joint.  Once again I say she should of gotten involved with Devon in the first place knowing she was a possible rebound. Elena, green is not your color.  Beside, you knew how kind and bighearted Devon was from the beginning with giving you and Jett a place to stay and much more. Dueling meltdowns with Lola and Elena 😢😢

Devon, since you are taking a walk down memory lane why not mention that you had an affair with Hilary while she was married to Neil?  Amanda has seen The Hilary Hour and she though nothing of she was the spitting image of Hilary? 

WTF?  Some security The Grand Phoenix has when a door can open by just being knocked on without a key card. 

Alyssa not being in her room is just a red herring. Adam most likely went after the pharmacist. Didn’t Phillis have a hand into Adam’s drug switch?

I had to laugh when Olive Oyl went all Olivia Benson on Chance. Olive actually thinks she’s going to wind up on the top of the heap. I got news for you Olive, CEO of Newman can be replaced with a snap of Victor’s fingers. 

• Love 8

Oh yeah, in Opposite Land. Oh, to be young again. *wipes tear*

LNXVkbf.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that many of the actors are sweaty?

Wonder if it would help it they lit the scenes a little darker? Man, it must be extra miserable with the smoke from the wildfires.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Y&R seems to be doing this thing more and more where one day is spread over several episodes. It's starting to annoy me, especially since most of the women's outfits aren't that great right now, IMO.

What did Billy hope to accomplish by confronting Adam? He can't prove Adam had anything to do with Alyssa's apparent disappearance and it's not like Adam would be inclined to confess to Billy if he did.

It's also iffy to me why Billy is dredging up this old beef with Adam. I thought he had made peace with Delia's death and had lost his need for revenge.

I look at Summer in that flowing hippy dress and I hear Steve Nicks singing about one-winged white-winged doves. Next to a bonfire. 😐

Summer. You don't really know Kyle if you think your relationship with him is perfect. It's impressive though the way he's managed to lower your standards to his benefit.

Amanda is Nate's girlfriend? Elena said that and Nate didn't even correct her. Amanda and Nate are barely dating. Have they even kissed?

Oh my, Phyllis, that was a bad analogy you tried to make between Nick & Sharon and Kyle & Summer. Nick and Sharon stayed married--for better or worse--for ten years. Kyle has barely been able to stay married to one woman for ten months. 😕

Was Nick actually crying about Summer and Kyle's engagement? Lol, wonder if he's menopausal? 😼

Wait, so Alyssa hasn't been absconded with? What did Adam do to stop the story? 🤔

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
stupid google
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Billy had a sweaty upper lip today. 

• Love 2

Banana Breath, the Dr Phil of GC.  Banana Breath is the king of do what I say not what I do.  Summer being proud of her dad is not a ringing endorsement. 

When Banana Breath gets mad his upper lip flares and shit flies all over the place. When Nostrils gets mad his nostrils flare and nobody else in the room can breath. 

Adam to Nostrils, “I know you are, but what am I”.  Nostrils by invoking Count Chocula’s name you just blew whatever you thought that would happen. Count Chocula may have ED but he still and always can get a “hard on” for you.  

No words left for Devon/Elena or Summer/Kyle except I don’t give 💩💩

• LOL 7

Wake me when Devon buys Amanda a tv show so she can showcase her mad lawyering skills.  Maybe they can call it GC Plotz.

Amanda, when Devon gets so sentimental he gives you all of Hilary's collection of vintage Victoria Secrets, you might be getting a little too close.

Elena, don't worry, if Devon dumps you for Malibu Hilary's twin, Midge, I'm sure he'll buy you your own health care system.  

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was Nick actually crying about Summer and Kyle's engagement? Lol, wonder if he's menopausal? 😼

I thought maybe he was tearing up because the smell from his underarms was getting to him.  

Dummer getting crap from Nick and Phyllis about her relationship with that boneless, skinless breast of chicken called Kyle is like asking Lauren to give you hair and makeup tips.

ButtBiscuit and Adam thinks we see this when we watch their oh-so-manly confrontation, 

giphy.gif

when in fact, we see

giphy.gif

this.

ButtBiscuit is starting to look more and more like he's constructed from legos.

• LOL 10
On 9/22/2020 at 10:51 PM, boes said:

I know there were storylines and oh-so-dramatic moments today but before any of that, WHY doesn't Show have MS locked in a lucite bubble or something?  She's spitting her lines all over the place!  I'm betting Hunter King stalked off at the end of one of her scenes with MS just to find a towel to dry herself off.  The woman is like a walking, talking, demented aerosol spray bottle.  Not so good in these trying times.

Phyllis suddenly turning into Switzerland to negotiate a truce post flossing her teeth after chewing the scenery was an unconventional 180° for the Red Menace. Phyllis usually fights to the end and then buckles, but this sing-song rationalizing made Dumber idiotically happy, while Nick dug in his heels deeper.

We Were No Different, So Go Along to Get Along, and We'll Pick Up the Pieces Later didn't cut it with him. I can't blame Nick, being he knows too well the result of investing in another relationship before the divorce. 

Between Nick's recalcitrance, and Lola dropping Theo like a greasy rock and regretting her impending divorce to Kyle , I expect there will be trouble brewing for Dumber's 'perfect' love life.

I know having the story set in the present day dials down the drama of Amanda's search for her family background, but all she really needs to do to get a good head start is to enter her DNA results into Ancestry.com or 23 And Me and she's going to immediately start finding stuff out.  Deciding to ignore all the other people in town who knew Hillary, including the few who actually liked her and put all her eggs in the Devon basket is sorta dumb for this hotshot lawyer.  If she shook that Ancestry tree online, she'd find herself a cousin or twelve who might know a whole lot about her and Hillary's background.

Hillary 2.0 is being written like she cracked out of the egg yesterday, and knows nothing about common research protocols. It's ridiculous for her to go to NotBilly for private investigator assistance, or any other assistance. He's too stupid to get out of his own way, and she knows he's after her ... and not for friendship or legal advice.

Meh.

I agree with Joimiaroxeu, Nate is far too good-looking to be wasted as Devon, Amanda and Elena's Dear Abby.

Dr. Natey Nate Nate is a waste.

Not much of an actor, and the character has become a tedious, self-righteous pot-stirrer.

So Connor is going off to boarding school at St. Mallory's.  How long before the GC news is filled with reports of mysterious deaths at that school, deaths whose only shared factor is that the victims all somehow pissed off the new kid, Lil' Damien aka Connor Newman.....  Has anyone seen that poor kitten he was given lately?

Con can go ply his Newman trade at the cloistered St. Mallory's, and the best of luck to him. Connor's going to have the snot pummeled out of him.

Parochial school has an ruthless way of winnowing out the treacherous, unnatural and underhanded. Very little escapes the religious spy system.

Chelsea sure thinks she's smart, doesn't she?  And Adam thinks he's so crafty.  Then there's ButtBiscuit and Nick who both think they're both cuter than a barrell full of poop tossing monkeys.  They all seem to have access to better drugs than I ever did.

Chelsea, Atonal Adam and NotBilly all think they are out-foxing the others. Chelsea got caught skulking in Lilly's office while planting her bug. Atonal, while arguing with NotBilly alluded to knowing all of NotBilly's plans. But NotBilly wins the Grand Prize for Idiocy, by jumping to conclusions thinking Atonal had gotten rid of Alyssa -- She told NotBilly she was going to Las Vegas, he forgot and in confronting Atonal essentially told him all his plans to publish a rabid revenge exposé on all of Atonal Adam's hangnails and dead bodies. 

Nick is hopelessly embroiled in Dumber's sex life as a multi-divorced slapper -- Not a good position for a father.

No one can't stop Dumber from deluding herself over why faithless Kyle married her for a piece of liver for Lola, divorced her to marry Lola, and came back to Dumber for the same romantic nonsense he spouted the first time.

I think Show would be a whole lot more fun to watch if they had all the cast take a deep whiff of helium before doing their scenes.  Sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks could only be a step up.

I'm not sure helium will help. Show is crap on a cracker.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 9/23/2020 at 4:19 PM, peacheslatour said:

Well, now that you mention it, back during the lockdown when they were showing classic episodes and had a different cast member each week doing intros and outros there was this one week where they had this woman doing them and I was like, who is this random woman? Is she someone who does hair or make-up or wardrobe? Couldn't be a writer because they wouldn't dare show their faces. The entire week I kept thinking this! And then about a week or two later it dawned on me - that rando was good ol' Aunty-fucker McFudd's current rebound fling. Hahahaha! She really doesn't leave much of a lasting impression.

Elena may be his half-sister's cousin (a big plus for Devon) but Hilary's good twin will win. Once we have a vaccine. Or they could just put Elena in a wig and shoot her from behind. Oh, the irony.

• LOL 8

It's also iffy to me why Billy is dredging up this old beef with Adam. I thought he had made peace with Delia's death and had lost his need for revenge.

Since it was mostly his fault she go hit...yeah. Adam realized he must have hit her when he found a scarf from her all black costume. He thouhgt he hit bushes while missing a dog.

He was going to fess up (after a bit) when Connor needed cornia transplants from dead Delia and that was the worst thing Adam did.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Meanwhile: Don't you have a job Victoria? 

Adam - pack up your gasper, your kid and your kitten and leave.

I'm wondering if when the shit hits the fan Chance (P Chancellor) goes doen and Adam comes out looking like a prince or a victim. 

Someone tell Amanda that Lily went to prison for killing her sainted twin. (Since she can't use the net or 23 & me) hanging around BiwwwyBoy has made her stupid.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Someone tell Amanda that Lily went to prison for killing her sainted twin. (Since she can't use the net or 23 & me) hanging around BiwwwyBoy has made her stupid.

Seriously? It was kinda a big deal and it's pretty easy to connect dots to ppl with a minor amount of into these days. I was able to track down a grade school friend whose family got stationed in Germany using his name and our hometown which he made mention of in his LiveJournal. This was in 2005, well before Google was spying on us all.

I dunno why Amanda is acting like an idiot except for the most forced plot contrivance.

2 hours ago, crowsworks said:

I wasn't aware buttbiscuit had ever stopped blaming anyone but his own sorry ass self for what happened there.

• Love 9
On 9/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

More scenes of Nick and Phyllis tongue-bathing each other? Who asked for this? 😕

How is this possible with all the COVID-19 filming restrictions?  Are they a couple IRL? Or actually kissing blow-up dolls disguised cleverly by the prop department and camera crew? 

• LOL 8

Connor's probably happy to be going away to boarding school so he doesn't have to see Chelsea's awful clothes. Did she pull that blouse off a corpse that was buried in during the disco era?

Man, Chance has been getting schooled by Newman women lately. All he needs now is for Nikki to come give him a good sassing.

How old is the actress who plays Faith? I was surprised to see she's allowed back on set.

Surgery, schmurgery. Guess Sharon's well enough to get the fillers in her cheeks and lips touched up. Gotta look good for the anesthesiologist, right? 🙄

If I got a push notification about some SSDD Newman family scandal I'd be major pissed and I'd cancel my subscription. Victoria is blinded by her anger. Perhaps Billy should remind her what happened when U2 had their new album pushed to all ITunes users. It did not go over well and was a very expensive mistake.

Are Nikki and Lily really close like that to where Nikki can just drop in on her at work? Lily didn't seem fazed though.

I liked Lily's jumpsuit or romper or whatever that's called.

Seems to me all Victoria has to do is offer the infamous Las Vegas widow a lot more money than Adam's paying her. Adam is rich but Victoria's probably worth close to a cool billion by now.

Hmm, at what point does Jill show up to pull her baby boy back from the firestorm he's about to start? Because if Victor goes after ChancComm that could put Chancellor Industries at risk too.

Abby can't have kids, can she? Is she the one whose miscarriage (with Stitch) did permanent damage? Ruh, roh, Chance.

Are they a couple IRL?

Well there have been rumors. 😉 (No, seriously, back in the day there was unsubstantiated speculation that he was the sperm donor for her first child. The child was conceived via IVF and carried by a surrogate. Meanwhile, he's been married to the same woman for 20 years and they have four children together. I've always credited those rumors to rabid Phick supporters, emphasis on "rabid.")

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I wasn't aware buttbiscuit had ever stopped blaming anyone but his own sorry ass self for what happened there.

FYI, the quote cited in your post was misattributed. (There was no quote markup on it in the post being responded to.) Those lines originated in my post:

On 9/24/2020 at 3:44 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

FYI, the quote cited in your post was misattributed. (There was no quote markup on it in the post being responded to.) Those lines originated in my post:

Yeah, I dunno why that happen since I copied it directly from your quote with the built-in insta-quote thing, but thanks for letting me know 👍 sorry 'bout that!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Connor's probably happy to be going away to boarding school so he doesn't have to see Chelsea's awful clothes. Did she pull that blouse off a corpse that was buried in during the disco era?

Why do they always encase her in outfits that look like they're made of cardboard? She's a tiny little woman, she should be wearing cute stuff like Lily and Sharon do.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I read somewhere that on another soap the actors hate it if they’re getting up close with a dummy (and no, I don’t mean Summer or Chelsea), so they’re trying not to do that trick.

Rey is being so kind and understanding with Sharon.  He deserves so much better.

Is Melissa Ordway pregnant?  They’re always shooting her behind furniture or she’s holding a bag in front of her tummy.

Hunter King needs to stop the lip fillers.  When your top lip looks like it’s being sucked up into your nose, your lips are too big  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Does Abby realize if Adam didn’t handle this Chance would be dead.  No because all strife leads to Adam. 

It’s all too rare that the two best actresses get to share a scene. I’m talking about Mariah and Faith.  Faith is looking a few years older than her chronological age so I guess TIIC had to put that hideous headband in her hair to make her look a little younger.  The opposite of SORAS. 

Sharon is right about her on-line support group. They are inspirational. She’s also most likely going to find a support group with the people she is getting treatment with. Back 17 years, when my wife was receiving chemo, smart phones and on-line support groups were not prevent but she did have her support group with 6 women at the oncology center. The nurses were also a part of that group.  

Nikki looked darn good today. I don’t know if it’s her hair or a wig but she should keep wearing her hair that way. Is it my imagination or did Nikki actually look younger than Olive Oyl?  

Why does all private meetings happen in public 🤔?

Lily take heed of Nikki’s words and shut Billy down when he tells you his plans if you already don’t know. 

Hey Olive Oyl, Chance will be in the middle of this if something comes down. Chance was an accessory and a Federal Agent at the time. 

Chance just scared she shit out of Abby when he talked about putting down roots and having a family. 

• Love 11

I enjoyed today's show.  Not everything and not everyone but in general, it held my interest and held a certain tension level that kept me paying attention.

I'm enjoying Victoria more than I have in longer than I can remember.  Whether what she's doing is a good idea or not, she's got an edge that I like and a take no prisoners attitude that has been far too long in coming.  Partnering with ButtBiscuit is a disaster, so she loses points for that, but still, it's holding my interest.

Chelsea looked like one of the Guard Monkeys from the Wicked Witch of the West on a day off, which I guess is a step up for her.  Against my will, I'm liking Chance and really liking Chance and Abby - Abby looked really good today, too, I thought - and if Adam had any sense he'd not antagonize Chance.  Adam is the sort of blustering bully who would burst into tears if Chance ever really challenged him.  Adam is fine scurrying behind the scenes, doing dirt, talking trash, but he's got all the courage of a roof rat.

I LOVED Nikki and Lily today, especially Lily standing up to Nikki and telling her, politely, but forcefully, to stuff it.  I especially enjoyed her telling Nikki not to try and play on Neil's memory.  That's not a memory for Nikki to use, since it's doesn't take much to remember all the crap Victor pulled that adversely affected Neil and his family over the years.  There's not enough whitewash in the world for that tactic to fly with anyone, Nikki.  Don't forget who you're married to.

Anyway, all of this will probably fizzle out but today, I liked it .

Faith is looking so grown up!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Does Abby realize if Adam didn’t handle this Chance would be dead.  No because all strife leads to Adam. 

To be entirely fair, Adam has done very little this go around to keep his nose clean and came in like a wrecking ball. He's burned through all the bridges.

That said, it was sorta nice earlier in the week when he and Nick had a whole 2 minutes of conversation that didn't end with them pissing on the other's leg and Nick was giving big boy advise about Connor going to birding school.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Well there have been rumors. 😉 (No, seriously, back in the day there was unsubstantiated speculation that he was the sperm donor for her first child. The child was conceived via IVF and carried by a surrogate. Meanwhile, he's been married to the same woman for 20 years and they have four children together. I've always credited those rumors to rabid Phick supporters, emphasis on "rabid.")

I have no desire to pry into the actor's private lives or believe rumors but I'm genuinely confused.  If the actors are allowed to kiss, how can this be with the COVID-19 restrictions?  I thought only couples IRL were allowed not to observe social distancing and have intimate scenes?  Before filming resumed, B&B stated they might use blow up dolls or mannequins, so I wondered if Y&R had decided to go down that route too.

I had hoped during lockdown, the Y&R writers had expanded their imaginations and come up with a kick-ass storyline that used COVID-19 restrictions to their advantage and enjoy reading about it on the board.  Storylines that didn't need couples pushing their tongues down each others throats.  Apparently that didn't happen.  Oh well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

I have no desire to pry into the actor's private lives or believe rumors but I'm genuinely confused.  If the actors are allowed to kiss, how can this be with the COVID-19 restrictions?  I thought only couples IRL were allowed not to observe social distancing and have intimate scenes?  Before filming resumed, B&B stated they might use blow up dolls or mannequins, so I wondered if Y&R had decided to go down that route too.

I had hoped during lockdown, the Y&R writers had expanded their imaginations and come up with a kick-ass storyline that used COVID-19 restrictions to their advantage and enjoy reading about it on the board.  Storylines that didn't need couples pushing their tongues down each others throats.  Apparently that didn't happen.  Oh well.

To clarify my original post, I didn't mean tongue-bathing in the sexual sense, or in the cat grooming sense. A tongue bath is also the delivery of excessive and largely unjustified flattery to someone's face, generally outside of an attempt to court them romantically.

Soaps are wont to have  characters engage in tongue-bathing when they want to prop a particular character and they definitely want the audience to notice. I think Y&R does this a lot, though having two somewhat reviled characters repeatedly do it to each other in the same scene is less common.

Anyhoo, Nick and Phyllis giving each other tongue baths two or three days in a row was a bit much IMO, and that's why I called it out. Sorry for the confusion.

(And don't bother googling the term. Its sexual connotation has pretty much taken over the search results. At best, Wiktionary has "Sycophantic or obsequious praise" but they list that after the lurid meaning and before the furry animals meaning. 🙄)

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

To clarify my original post, I didn't mean tongue-bathing in the sexual sense, or in the cat grooming sense. A tongue bath is also the delivery of excessive and largely unjustified flattery to someone's face, generally outside of an attempt to court them romantically.

Ah!  Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And don't bother googling the term. Its sexual connotation has pretty much taken over the search results.

No worries.  I have no need to since your explanation makes perfect sense. Actually the sexual connotations feel more off when talking about filming during these coronavirus times.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Why do they always encase her in outfits that look like they're made of cardboard?

Because all my Amazon boxes are recycled directly to Chelz to be made into her wonderful designs.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

It does matter to Abby that Chance was an accessory after the fact for 2nd/3rd degree murder, and didn't call the police or file an accurate report with the FBI, conspired with Atonal Adam to dispose of the the body, cover up the crime and pay off Dead Vegas Guy's wife. Being Atonal is a mentally unbalanced, violent, reactive and unreliable conspirator to be in league with, Abby has a lot more to worry about than Chance owing his life to Atonal -- This is not a good bargaining position to be in. Strategizing for more Atonal-natured crimes to drop is the only way to stay even with AA. 

It’s all too rare that the two best actresses get to share a scene. I’m talking about Mariah and Faith.  Faith is looking a few years older than her chronological age so I guess TIIC had to put that hideous headband in her hair to make her look a little younger.  The opposite of SORAS.

It was interesting but not overly substantive; their dialog confirmed what the viewer already knew. It did expose the talent-gap on Show, but that's not a feel good.

Sharon is right about her on-line support group. They are inspirational. She’s also most likely going to find a support group with the people she is getting treatment with. Back 17 years, when my wife was receiving chemo, smart phones and on-line support groups were not prevent but she did have her support group with 6 women at the oncology center. The nurses were also a part of that group. 

It would be great if TIIC would have her go to a meeting with her support group, but that's too much to ask, along with Sharon looking a little less the aging ingénue fresh from the Botox salon.

Nikki looked darn good today. I don’t know if it’s her hair or a wig but she should keep wearing her hair that way. Is it my imagination or did Nikki actually look younger than Olive Oyl?  

Melody Thomas Scott glows in rich, saturated colors like navy blue. Her hair was lustrous and life-like. Fabulous!

Why does all private meetings happen in public 🤔?

And drawing as much attention as possible to the confidential subject they're bellowing about?

TIIC doesn't have the production budget for non-descript office staging with all the specious business meetings TIIC incorporate into episodes. Phyllis is supposed to be living in an exclusive suite (custom-built for her) at The Phoenix; integrating office furnishings to her mediocre set would be simple, but instead she arranges 'Escapes' and and handles hotel business sitting next to a pink pool table in the lobby of her La-di-da hotel.

Lily take heed of Nikki’s words and shut Billy down when he tells you his plans if you already don’t know. 

Very rude and presumptuous on Nicki's part, but she's not wrong stating Victor would carpet bomb Chance Com if they published a real/imagined exposé damning Atonal Adam's many criminal acts. Victor will fight to the death to defend his favorite felonious son. Victor is the only person with buckets of money to throw at the tire fire that is Atonal. Sharon will throw her body on top of Atonal -- smoldering or, in this case, not.

Unfortunate and humiliating havving Lily told about NotBilly's revenge plans by someone outside of Chance Com. NotBilly's failure to be open and straightforward about his projects has got to burn. Being lied to why he didn't tell her about his Atonal project, and the litany of on-the-fly excuses will be the Same Old NotBilly. Lily disemboweling him should be amusing, but it won't stop his vendetta.

Hey Olive Oyl, Chance will be in the middle of this if something comes down. Chance was an accessory and a Federal Agent at the time.

Victoria volunteered her services to NotBilly and she's going to hang with the rest of the Newman's for protecting the Newman name over Atonal Adam's felonies.

<shrug>

TIIC have been telegraphing doom, gloom and despair since Spider was located in Las Vegas.

Chance just scared she shit out of Abby when he talked about putting down roots and having a family. 

I don't think Abby realized their relationship had progressed to Chance talking about a settled-down future with her. It seemed to surprise Chance as well.

A redux of Abby's suburban dream might be one set piece too far for TIIC.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, boes said:

I enjoyed today's show.  Not everything and not everyone but in general, it held my interest and held a certain tension level that kept me paying attention.

I'm enjoying Victoria more than I have in longer than I can remember.  Whether what she's doing is a good idea or not, she's got an edge that I like and a take no prisoners attitude that has been far too long in coming.  Partnering with ButtBiscuit is a disaster, so she loses points for that, but still, it's holding my interest.

I like Victoria wielding a hammer. It works for me.

NotBilly will fail in his quest to destroy Atonal, but Victoria might rise above that challenge. It's all in how she plays Victor.

Chelsea looked like one of the Guard Monkeys from the Wicked Witch of the West on a day off, which I guess is a step up for her.  Against my will, I'm liking Chance and really liking Chance and Abby - Abby looked really good today, too, I thought - and if Adam had any sense he'd not antagonize Chance.  Adam is the sort of blustering bully who would burst into tears if Chance ever really challenged him.  Adam is fine scurrying behind the scenes, doing dirt, talking trash, but he's got all the courage of a roof rat.

Why is she costumed so badly, making her look less like the fashion designer than she's already been shown to be?

Chelsea's better off not knowing the specifics of Atonal's been doing. Not being married, she could be forced to testify against him in court, or lose custody of Connor to the tender mercies of the Newman's. I expected Atonal to deal with their most immediate threat (the pharmacist), and leave diddling Alyssa for next week.

Adam is a fool, threatening a former-FBI agent, but he always thinks he's 10 steps ahead of everyone, but has proven to be a consistent loser in all his nefarious endeavors. He ends up grousing and grumbling, blaming others for not falling for his scathingly brilliant plans. 

<snore>

Most infantile, boring and transparent villain on Show.

I LOVED Nikki and Lily today, especially Lily standing up to Nikki and telling her, politely, but forcefully, to stuff it.  I especially enjoyed her telling Nikki not to try and play on Neil's memory.  That's not a memory for Nikki to use, since it's doesn't take much to remember all the crap Victor pulled that adversely affected Neil and his family over the years.  There's not enough whitewash in the world for that tactic to fly with anyone, Nikki.  Don't forget who you're married to.

They were very good together. 

I hated it when Nicki played the Neil Card. That was low, considering all the grief he took working for Victor and Newman Enterprises.

Anyway, all of this will probably fizzle out but today, I liked it .

Faith is looking so grown up!

Someone is stepping up for some of the episodes; the writing, direction and staging is better. It's not consistent, but it holds interest.

Alyvia Alyn Lind is at that age where young girls grow quickly. It's a shame TIIC don't use her more frequently on Show (they might not be able to afford her). She's very talented, and can work with meatier subject matter.

It's as if we're watching Show through a key hole. Crowd noises, but no people. Situations happening off-camera. All scenes happening on very few sets. Show seems small, blinkered and the story-telling myopic.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Perhaps they can put in cardboard cutouts, like some major league baseball parks do !!

That's one of the more disturbing things to become normalized out of The Corona Crisis.

I was in the same room as Mr. Stunt was watching a baseball game, and was totally distracted by the canned crowd noises and cutouts in the stands. I usually listen to baseball on the radio, so broadcast baseball had me looking for humans in the stadium

106599665-1593611851183oaklandascoliseum

... Odd, and a little disturbing.

Maybe I should get one for the office.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, MollyB said:

I like Victoria wielding a hammer. It works for me.

19 hours ago, MollyB said:

was she trying to open a box?

<snerk>

Almost.

It's a riddle, wrapped in bacon, buried in a tire fire mystery, gift-wrapped as an enigma -- AKA: Atonal Adam Newman. 

Victoria is using a factual, evidentiary hammer; exposing his criminality, without emotional chest-pounding, which might be the key to ending his plague on their lives. Unfortunately, NotBilly is the media vehicle chosen for Atonal's condemnation bombshell. And Victor is playing mother hen to his rancid Atonal chick.

What could go wrong?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

<snerk>

Almost.

It's a riddle, wrapped in bacon, buried in a tire fire mystery, gift-wrapped as an enigma -- AKA: Atonal Adam Newman. 

Victoria is using a factual, evidentiary hammer; exposing his criminality, without emotional chest-pounding, which might be the key to ending his plague on their lives. Unfortunately, NotBilly is the media vehicle chosen for Atonal's condemnation bombshell. And Victor is playing mother hen to his rancid Atonal chick.

What could go wrong?

She could accidentally "kill" him and then Drinki, Jazz Hands and Sharon could bury him under the same rock Drinki used to kill Diane in Chancellor Park.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

OMG, ELENA! GET OVER IT! Dear MWTs, please give Elena something else to obsess about besides Amanda. 😒😒😒

Oh FFS. Rite of passage? Why is Kyle trying to act like he isn't heading into his third marriage in less than three years? The rite of passage ship has sailed and gone missing in the Bermuda Triangle already.

Shut up, Kyle. The last thing Lola needs is you caring about her. Your caring about her pretty much wrecked her life.

Yikes, that was not a great camera angle for Elena. Moon over Miami Genoa City. 🌒🌓🌔🌕😼

I think Phyllis was actually being a good friend today. She gave Amanda unselfish advice and enthusiastic support. Miracles never cease. 🙂 (Did those multiple mentions of her own sister portend a coming storyline? Do we know if Avery was her only female sibling? Hmmm.)

Jack, Kyle's in a hurry because he's scared he'll waffle again. Your son is GC's Liam Spencer. That's not a compliment.

How awkward must it be to make out with your real life romantic partner on camera in front other people? Meh, I don't like watching IRL couples "act" like pretend couples. 😑

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

OMG, ELENA! GET OVER IT! Dear

Elena and Devon today were a total snoozefest. They generate about as much heat as the fake burners on a child's play stove.

Jack, Kyle's in a hurry because he's scared he'll waffle again. Your son is GC's Liam Spencer. That's not a compliment.

At least Liam is semi cute. Kyle looks like a poorly made ventriloquist's dummy.

How awkward must it be to make out with your real life romantic partner on camera in front other people? Meh, I don't like watching IRL couples "act" like pretend couples.

I could do without it altogether. 

• Love 13

It’s about time TIIC got around to Mariah and Amanda talking about Hilary and how Mariah and Hilary became good friends. It’s not uncommon for adversaries to become good friends by earning mutual respect.  It looks like now Mariah and Amanda are going to be good friend over their mutual background. 

Elena, if Devon was feeling guilty he would give you flowers not a picnic 😉.  

Even without training, Mariah is a lot more intuitive than Sharon. 

Phyllis, you fake dolt how is Amanda being Hilary’s sister actually a surprise to you 🙄 and now you’re saying you knew this all the time.  I don’t remember Hilary and Phyllis being kindred friends. I don’t remember them really being friends at all. The only thing that they had in common was being in extended comas. 

Girls night out. Why didn’t Mariah mention Tessa?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

It’s not uncommon for adversaries to become good friends by earning mutual respect.  It looks like now Mariah and Amanda are going to be good friend over their mutual background. 

Like Rory Gilmore and Paris Geller.

Girls night out. Why didn’t Mariah mention Tessa? 

I caught that too. Wonder why. I hope Tessa not off the show, I really like her. She and Mariah are the only ones that generate any sexual sparks.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Phyllis, you fake dolt how is Amanda being Hilary’s sister actually a surprise to you 🙄 and now you’re saying you knew this all the time.  I don’t remember Hilary and Phyllis being kindred friends. I don’t remember them really being friends at all. The only thing that they had in common was being in extended comas.

This is the kind of situation where re-casts trip me up.  Phyllis and Hillary were good friends, but it was GT's Phyllis.  They became close when Phyllis began her affair with Nostrils.  I also remember Phyllis being righteously indignant at Hillary's funeral, but I can't remember who she directed her venom towards.  Lily, maybe?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Elena, eat your picnic lunch and shut up.  Just be grateful Devon isn't asking you to wear a Hillary mask.  Besides, how can Devon know which Elena he's going to be seeing that day?  In the past you've gone on rants about getting Amanda to leave town and the next day, turn around and admonish Devon for not being nicer to her.  

Here, have some pie.

giphy.gif

It's your favorite.

That was a whole lot of talking about Easy Bake Avery, Phyllis' sister, and one more in a long line of Nick's almost-wives.  Of course you and Avery didn't get along - she not only knew how to cook, she also knew how full of crap she was, and pretty much debunked Phyllis' creation myth about how she fought her way up from the bottom.  Avery made it really clear that Phyllis fell out of the highest tree in the Hamptons and landed SPLAT in her very own trust fund before fleeing her investment banker father and family.  

Her conversation with Amanda was okay, until she had to start complaining about how she's always an "outsider", sniff, sniff.  So much of an outsider that she's gotten multiple settlements in her various divorces from Genoa City's richest and dumbest men.  She's less The Little Match Girl and more, Jaws the Sequel.

I used to like Kyle, a lot.  But now, it's like watching some unholy Ken Doll come to life.  

When is somebody going to realize that all Kyle really likes is planning weddings and getting married.  He's like the Genoa City version of Charo.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2