Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

True that Adam has almost murdered as many people as Nikki so what's the fuss. DeeDee is only 50% shared with Billy.

I always wondered if there was going to be a mystery about that. Nikki was driving drunk - Kelly was driving another big black SUV - and so was Adam who was shown hitting bushes - I always thought they were going to have Victor faking some of the evedence to protect Nikki (The witness saw a blond) only Kelly (of her own dead child) lost her marbles right after that. It was like they were setting up a story and in true Y&R style they forget to finish it. 

Imagine if Billy killed Adam then Victor found out he framed the wrong person to protect Drinki.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/1/2020 at 12:09 PM, CountryGirl said:

As for Gaspy McGasperson, well, are your grifter senses broken? Jack Abbott - patriarch of the Abbot clan - is casting about for a new Mrs. Abbott. What are you waiting for? Get yourself and your heaving bosom over there.

giphy.gif

No!!!!! Not for my Jackie!!! He deserves SO much better!! ( Much as I like the actress,  I really hope it won't be with Courtney/Sally Spectra 2.0 either.)Give him someone believable please, m'kay?

(Then again when they have to get the cameras pulled back so far to get both actors in frame, won't be much of a romance anyway.  I know they are trying but geez, I watch GH & don't even think about it...here all I see is the awkward distance & placement. Sorry Y&R, I know its gotta be hard, but....fail.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Adam's not trying too hard to keep his location secret, is he? Wonder who'll be peering into those Venetian blinds and getting an eyeful? Plus, odds are someone will be watching Sharon or tracking her phone. Like maybe her police detective boyfriend or the lone star cowboy secret agent man.

Huh, have we seen Tyler Johnson (Theo) in the opening credits before?

🎶Sistas doing it for themselves🎶 Looks like Victoria and Nikki are running things just fine at NE. Wonder what Victor will do to try to trip them up? Because of course he will.

Yeah, no, Summer. Don't waste your time trying to step to Lola. If she had a spare minute she could read you like all the Grimm's Fairy Tales translated from their original German into Dothraki and then into Pig Latin. In other words, hard. 😏

Wonder when Sharon will realize she's in over her head with Adam and refer him to a actual doctor? Probably right after the sexual healing fails to take. 😑

Meh, I'd hardly call Theo Summer's ex. She's probably taken baths that lasted longer than her fling with him.

Sharon, when Adam says you know how to make him feel better, he means SEX. Stop acting like you don't know.

Alchemy? Please, Billy must have one of those "word of the day" apps on his phone. Over there trying to look smart with his contrived vocabulary. 😐

Whee, are Theo and Billy developing a little bromance? Cute.

Adam says he has to stay away from his family to protect them yet he won't let go of Sharon. Guess she's disposable in his eyes? Ugh, this guy. But a more objective therapist would see through his nonsense and not fall into the trap like Sharon has.

Sharon: You need to sleep, Adam. What could it hurt to lie down?
Adam: Well, yeah, one good orgasm usually does knock me right out. Okay, let's do it!
Sharon: Wait, what? I, uh, Rey, um, no, I'm not a cheater!
The world: FFS, you two! While we're young?

Theo and Billy manspreading at each other. Yikes. All that scene needed was Nick to show up and they could've had a virtual circle jerk. 😒

Theo doesn't comprehend that Lola is a "nice girl" and treating her like a booty call won't fly. Meanwhile, Lola, girl, go on and get you some Noah Newman. You could do worse and frankly, you already have. 😼 (Just be conscientious about your contraception, okay?)

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Question:  Sharon is diagnosed with breast cancer and she had a lumpectomy, so the test results is she waiting for should only take a few days, for expediency, not weeks.  

Poor poor Olive Oly, daddy loves Adam more than me 😩😩😩.  It’s not fair as Olive stomps her Lu Vittons and sits behind her $35,00 desk on her $15,000 leather executive chair.  

I get the feeling that Sharon is in love with Adam by the way she looks at him and that she doesn’t want him to disappear. I also think that the chemistry between them out weighs her chemistry with Rey and even Banana Breath. 

Summer and Noah, uselessness squared. 

• Love 7

ButtBiscuit is like that uncle who starts droning on about himself at every family gathering, telling stories about himself that he finds fascinating, offering the same opinions, talking over everyone else, all for the 3465th time, that everyone daydreams about murdering.

Adam is like that cousin who does the same, but includes really inappropriate personal information, all non-stop and too loud, except, this time everyone does murder him and the family buries him under the fire pit and then goes back for seconds at the dessert table.

Theo's the guy who just gets depantsed and locked out of the house.

Social distancing never looked so good.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Oh for shit’s sake. Is this show going to be renamed “Whoa To Me”?  Lola is being a bitch because Theo didn’t send her one measly text?  Sharon is playing her own Whoa by wanting to do it all herself?  Adam’s life is one big Whoa. Elena is whoa-ing because there is a possibility of another Hilary to entice Devon.  Victoria has been whoa-ing all her life because she wishes she could grow a real set so that daddy would love her.  And of course Chelsea is one, big, gigantic WHOA. Y

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Oh for shit’s sake. Is this show going to be renamed “Whoa To Me”?  Lola is being a bitch because Theo didn’t send her one measly text?  Sharon is playing her own Whoa by wanting to do it all herself?  Adam’s life is one big Whoa. Elena is whoa-ing because there is a possibility of another Hilary to entice Devon.  Victoria has been whoa-ing all her life because she wishes she could grow a real set so that daddy would love her.  And of course Chelsea is one, big, gigantic WHOA. Y

Yup that's what this show amounts to. Boring as hell.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

image.png.7221ead8c429179ec91bb4e547229a57.png

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Adam was sleeping with his shoes on the bed. Ew, was he raised by wolves? 😮

Poor Rey. Little does he know how close he was to getting discarded for emo manboy Adam. I think he's basically Sharon's employee anyway. Like a personal assistant she gets to sleep with. 😑

Wow, Theo just doesn't get how somebody might not appreciate being taken for granted. Clueless much?

What are the odds Chance will tell Abby about Sharon and Adam? Because I think she'd tell Chelsea and Chelsea would proceed to go all gaspy apesh!t. 😒

Sharon, if you were truly trying to break up with Adam why did you sit on his bed? Testing the firmness of the mattress? Yeah, you wish you knew how to quit him.

Teriah is a thing. No. Just no.

Geez Theo, what part off, "Fcuk off," do you not understand? I guess next he'll try sending  dozens of bouquets of roses to Lola at Society.

OMG, more bad health news for Sharon. How much longer is this storyline going to continue?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm hoping against hope that Amanda is not Hillary's obvious twin.  Let's have a real twist and let the uncanny resemblance and matching birthdays all be a big coincidence, and discover that Amanda is actually the result of that brief fling between John and Mamie.  The flirtation-with-incest angle this show loves so much would apply to both Nate and Billy.  The only glitch would be why Mamie would have abandoned her.  Maybe she had amnesia or some other soapy thing?  I wouldn't mind yet another Abbott family expansion, since the inbred Newmans and their various psychoses eat up so much screen time.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Lola is having a meltdown. Theo sat there everyday because he didn’t have a job. Now that he has one he should blow it off to be with her. Yeah, your right, he should have called or texted.  Elena is also having a melt down. She knew about Hillary going into the relationship and Devon really wasn’t  over her.  

Isn’t it still summer in Wisconsin?  So why is Rey wearing a leather jacket?  Can’t he look matcho just in his black t-shirt?  Hey Rey, there are HIPPA laws. 

Let’s get real here with the Sharon situation even though Y&R doesn’t deal with realism but they can give us a little more than complete and utter disregard for a cancer victim. First and foremost, Sharon would not be allowed to leave the hospital before certain tests being performed during the lumpectomy as to if the cancer is contained or has spread. Final pathology is performed afterwards to determine the type of cancer and the best treatment.  That’s done in a few days not weeks. Sharon’s doctor visit seemed to take minutes instead of hours. Doctors as a rule don’t give you a copy of the written pathology report. They go over the report and give you the plan of attack.  The one page report, most likely was the plan of attack and the schedule of visits. 

One other thing that is all wrong is that Sharon didn’t seem to have any bandages, go through the regiment of wound care, and wouldn’t be able to cross her arms or even drive do to wound discomfort. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Damn, Lola, I understand you might have a bad case of buyer's remorse, but you did see his pile of dirty thongs tossed in the bathroom, the toenail clippings in the candy jar, as well as Theo's  issues of "Wonderful World of Reptiles", all open to the centerfold piled on the coffee table.  If crushed Funions in his bed and the empty bottles of Orange Fanta didn't put you off, why is one missed text such a big deal?

After all, you lived with Kyle, stumbling over his empty jars of dipilatories, hair gel clogs in the shower and you could never get through an evening without him doing an impromptu set of Kegel exercises.  It might not be the guys, it just might be your taste in men.

Mark Theo down as that night with the carny guy we all had in one form or another and NEVER EVER admitted to.  In other words, how every woman feels who ever slept with Nick.  

Elena can't keep the same opinion for a whole episode.  When Amanda came to town, she hated her, then she liked her and got mad at Devon for not liking her.  Now she wants her to have the DNA test but not really.  Today will probably be different.  Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate drones on as the expert on practically everything, especially Devon and Amanda.  Why don't more people nod off when he's talking?

Sharon, we get it, you're a mess right now and for good reason.  And you're making mistakes, one of which is to make it pretty much impossible for Rey or anyone else to do the "right" thing for you at the moment.  Running over to Adam was totally boneheaded, unless you think being swallowed up by his unending need and disregard for you or anyone's feelings other than his own is just what you need.  Don't keep treating "Team Sharon" as an after thought unless you're really wanting to do more of this on your own.  You get a lot of leeway with what's going on with you, but even this doesn't give the right to run people off or run them over.

Adam, go play in traffic.  A freeway can't be that far.  You can lurch your way over there on your own, can't you?  With any luck, ButtBiscuit will driving around looking for ice cream.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Please, no unwanted pregnancy for Lola.  

Yeah, the last thing Lola needs is to be connected to Theo forever by a kid. Plus that would keep her in the Abbott orbit and it's bad enough that Kyle and Summer won't stop rubbing her nose in it by hanging out in Society. But one good thing it might do is drive Kyle out of his mind.

I think it would be nice though if Lola got pregnant by Noah from a ONS. He's a good guy for the most part, and Nick and Sharon would finally be grandparents. Too bad it doesn't seem like the actor who plays Noah is going to back much longer.

Ugh, I just heard about something that's going to happen on today's show in the US and I'm already going nuclear about it. 😒

• Love 5
21 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Elena is whoa-ing because there is a possibility of another Hilary to entice Devon.

I need clarification.  Hasn't the Hilary-lookalike been around for a while?  Wouldn't the enticement worry story have played out a lot earlier? Or at least begun?  Can Devon only be enticed if she is a blood relation to The Hil?  Why do the writers or producers think we are dumb enough to believe that one person can look (internally AND externally!) exactly like some one else?  Are there so few soap actors that they can't hire a person who resembles someone else?  I could believe falling for someone who reminds you of your long, lost love.  

And while I'm ranting.  If they can bring back replicas, why the fcuk can't they get a Billy who is a Billy?

Edited by MollyB
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

The end of yesterday's episode...with Sharon collapsing on the steps in tears...completely pulled me right out of the story into reality.  I know the new restrictions/precautions are in place for a good reason but to have Rey just stand there instead of rushing over to pull Sharon into a comforting embrace just felt so completely wrong.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think it would be nice though if Lola got pregnant by Noah from a ONS. He's a good guy for the most part, and Nick and Sharon would finally be grandparents. Too bad it doesn't seem like the actor who plays Noah is going to back much longer.

It is kind of shocking they aren't grandparents yet. If Sami Brady can be a grandmother then so can Nick and Sharon. Noah is well past age to get his baby on but give him props - he didn't get the tried/true teenage pregnancy storyline. Mariah and Tessa don't seem like they're looking to have babies anytime soon either so...that leaves Summer for Nick and Phyllis. I actually can see Summer having a kid before Noah but given her liver donation, it will of course have complications/be high risk. Same would be for Lola since she's a recipient. 

It may be hilarious that Theo/Lola and Summer/Kyle are both expecting at the same time. it could really bond them that they're having this harrowing journey together with the complicated emotions of Kyle/Lola once thinking they'd have a child, both mother to be's dealing with mortality as they proceed with high risk pregnancies, and Kyle and Theo leaning on each other as friends and family sharing their fears over the women they love, the pregnancies and leaving their playboy days behind.  We'd be getting next generation of Newman/Abotts and the Lola/Theo kid would be free to be paired with anyone but an Abott down the line (since they'd be related via Dina) which they're long overdue. And you'd have a new era of friendship between Summer and Lola and Kyle and Theo. I'd love to watch that journey.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Screech..wait... Butt biscuit helped rebuild homes in NOLA after Katrina? Really?

Maybe he used his constant bloviating to air lift supplies, put his constant chatter about the wonder that is Der ButtBiscuit to good use.

Nah, false memory implanted when Noah used his head as a bumper.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe he used his constant bloviating to air lift supplies, put his constant chatter about the wonder that is Der ButtBiscuit to good use.

Nah, false memory implanted when Noah used his head as a bumper.

I was surprised he even knew about it. I like that they're addressing diversity but their usual ham handedness is showing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Disagree if you will, but I'm bothered by Sharon's portrayal of a woman with breast cancer.  I have three cousins, all sisters, who suffered from breast cancer, not once, but two times for each of them.  The youngest fought a very brave fight of just not breast cancer but ovarian, uterine, stomach and liver, but she succumbed 5 years later.  And she never stopped fighting until the very end. None of them acted like Sharon has been.  She bemoans all the horrible trials she's been through, but for cripes sake, she hasn't been through months and months of chemo, losing her hair, being sick 24/7 and all the rest of the horrors my cousins went through.  I'm tired of her bemoaning that she's giving up the fight when she hasn't been fighting anywhere near what a vast majority of women are going through

• Love 8
17 hours ago, boes said:

Damn, Lola, I understand you might have a bad case of buyer's remorse, but you did see his pile of dirty thongs tossed in the bathroom, the toenail clippings in the candy jar, as well as Theo's  issues of "Wonderful World of Reptiles", all open to the centerfold piled on the coffee table.  If crushed Funions in his bed and the empty bottles of Orange Fanta didn't put you off, why is one missed text such a big deal?

Buyer's remorse?

Theo spent a lot of time attending to getting Lola's attention and trust before their only Sexxxy Time. Running his career out of the Society dining room, constantly complimenting her cooking and business acumen, supporting her as he denigrated Kyle, all over her to give him a roll in the sheets ...  She expects an immediate reply from Theo after months of constant attention. Lola also wants to apologize for not being over the moon over boinking Theo in a dirty hotel room on funky sheets. 

I have to point out Lola's treating Theo the same way she treated Kyle when she was upset or disappointed.

Same as it ever was ... 

After all, you lived with Kyle, stumbling over his empty jars of dipilatories, hair gel clogs in the shower and you could never get through an evening without him doing an impromptu set of Kegel exercises.  It might not be the guys, it just might be your taste in men.

I never thought Lola knew what she doing the second she laid eyes on Kyle and he fell in like with her. Neither of them were honest, direct or listened to what the other was saying, always operating on assumptions, hurt feelz and the all-important class struggle. Their walk down the aisle was a random plot point to being manipulated by Theo and Dumber to betray each other..

Mark Theo down as that night with the carny guy we all had in one form or another and NEVER EVER admitted to. In other words, how every woman feels who ever slept with Nick. 

YOU SWORE TO NEVER BREATH A WORD ABOUT THAT NIGHT!!!!!!

<ugly crying>

Elena can't keep the same opinion for a whole episode.  When Amanda came to town, she hated her, then she liked her and got mad at Devon for not liking her.  Now she wants her to have the DNA test but not really.  Today will probably be different.  Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate drones on as the expert on practically everything, especially Devon and Amanda.  Why don't more people nod off when he's talking?

Elena can be afraid of two opposing problems associated with Hillary 2.0 DNA testing against Hillz 1.0s hair follicles: Darvon is still in love with Hillary 1.0, and has canonized her as some plaster saint. -- He's an easy mark. Hillary 2.0 isn't as noble and trustworthy as Darvon and Dr. Nate believe her to be. Hillary 2.0 originally defrauded Darvon of his inheritance, because she did no due diligence with the party that hired her to sue Darvon.  I wouldn't be surprised if she took a run at Hillary 1.0s estate and Darvon's money (there was a pre-nup, but Darvon's a dope, so anything could happen).

Dr. Nate is doing no one any favors helping Hillary 2.0 find out if she's the long-lost twin of Hillary 1.0. -- Darvon's all misty-eyed. Elena's ready to blow a gasket. And what's rolling around in Hillary 2.0s noggin is anybody's guess. Dr. Nate thinks he's got everyone pigeonholed for intent, but he knows nothing and learned nothing when it comes to any relating to the Hillary's.

Sharon, we get it, you're a mess right now and for good reason.  And you're making mistakes, one of which is to make it pretty much impossible for Rey or anyone else to do the "right" thing for you at the moment.  Running over to Adam was totally boneheaded, unless you think being swallowed up by his unending need and disregard for you or anyone's feelings other than his own is just what you need.  Don't keep treating "Team Sharon" as an after thought unless you're really wanting to do more of this on your own.  You get a lot of leeway with what's going on with you, but even this doesn't give the right to run people off or run them over.

Sharon's blithering pre-MyPolar medication nonsense. She's never controlled anything in her life; she fucked her way up and down the Genoa City Social Ladder of success a dozen times, face planted into MyPolar therapeutic drug treatment (sans psychiatric treatment), attended the 'Draw The Pirate' matchbook college of Oprah Magazine Shrink-Speak Knowledge, introduced her children to a revolving door of lovers, imaging she can heal sociopaths by allowing them to be sociopaths ... It's a miracle she hasn't been throttled by total strangers.

Adam, go play in the traffic. A freeway can't be that far.  You can lurch your way over there on your own, can't you?  

FROGGER!

giphy.gif

With any luck, ButtBiscuit will driving around looking for ice cream.

From TIIC? That would be an unexpected turd of irony floating in the Y&R punchbowl.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Lily: Billy, can you please stop talking?
The World: Let the church say, "Amen!"

What is Phyllis up to now? I'm scared for those ducks she's lining up. Somebody get PETA on the phone! 🦆🦆🦆

I will never understand how Chelsea and Adam just swing open their front door without at least looking through the peephole first. Adam got gut-shot by doing that so you'd think they'd be more cautious.

Summer is quite the choosing beggar. "Wah, you're building me a house for free but it's not exactly like I want it!" Spoiled brat. Trust fund babies Kyle and Summer are going to have a brand new house, clear of a mortgage, and she has to complain about placement of a door. 😒

I liked Abby's dress. Alyssa's jacket too.

So all those new Escape Club members paid in advance it seems. Hmmm, what could possibly go wrong if Phyllis is unable to deliver on her contracts for some reason?

Alyssa knows Chelsea and Adam are people who aren't above committing crimes to protect themselves, including murder. Why would she go taunt Chelsea in person? It'd be trivial for her to go missing and end up taking a dirt nap in Chancellor Park.

Sorry but I'm bored with Sharon's illness storyline. Can we just fast-forward to when SC can start writing her acceptance speech for her Daytime Emmy? Because AFAIC that's a big part of the reason why the writers are dragging this out.

Meh, I don't know about hiding behind your kid, Chelsea. If you and Adam were smart you'd go public with the story yourselves. Adam isn't going to prison for something he did when he was a child. And you two have lived down bigger scandals which Connor will already have to deal with.

Lily dear, you have your lighter skin tone privilege too. You and Elena both. But TPTB aren't trying to talk unambiguously about that, are they? At least not on the soap opera where Devon's dark-skinned sister Ana went her whole last appearance over about a year not having even the hint of a romantic interest while all her cohorts in the same age range did. 😒

Does it seem like they're chem-testing Alyssa with Chance? Wonder when she's going to meet Billy? He's at least single right now.

I had a volcanic rant pretty much already written in my head about Billy of all people claiming to understand the need for diversity, the persistence of institutional racism, and his privileged status as a White male who also happens to be an heir to a family fortune. However, it didn't turn out to be as awful as I'd anticipated. Still though, IMO Billy was a poor choice to deliver that message. Jack or Victor would've made more sense to me. They both have longstanding bona fides, I think. Billy just has Lily's momentary grace.

Butt biscuit helped rebuild homes in NOLA after Katrina? Really?

According to his character profile on Soap Central he did (but that could've been edited recently). He went to help Brock, Mac's father and Kay's son.

• Love 5

Summer is quite the choosing beggar. "Wah, you're building me a house for free but it's not exactly like I want it!" Spoiled brat. Trust fund babies Kyle and Summer are going to have a brand new house, clear of a mortgage, and she has to complain about placement of a door. 😒

I've had clients like that. "I know yesterday I said I wanted all white orchids for my wedding but I saw on Access Hollywood last night that Kim Kardashian had orange tulips in hers! What do mean you can't get tulips in the summer? I want them!!"  Next day "I decided I want the white orchids again. What do you mean your wholesaler won't take your calls any more?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hey Nostrils, when Lily said quite that meant you also. 

I know this will be beating a dead horses but Sharon would have tests during the lumpectomy to find out if the cancer has spread. A blue dye is injected just above the tumor to see if lymph nodes are effected.  Since the cancer spread, the lymph node or nodes would have been removed. The removal site would have been Sharon’s right arm pit. Did anyone notice any bandages in that area?  I don’t think so.  The only thing that rings true to Sharon’s story is how Sharon is reacting to her diagnosis. 

I guess that Phyllis’ “club” made a ton of money from it’s very limited membership and her loan was a little suspect without knowing how she was able to pull it off without being a sound financial risk.  Yes, the hotel is collateral but if Phyllis defaults, the bank doesn’t want to be in the hotel business. 

How did Alyssa find out about Adam killing her father. It wasn’t general knowledge. Did she find out via Olive Oyl or Nostrils or even Banana Breath. Break the story Alyssa and you will being going up against Victor to your peril.  Your a newbie and you haven’t been around long enough to know Victor doesn’t loose. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I know this will be beating a dead horses but Sharon would have tests during the lumpectomy to find out if the cancer has spread. A blue dye is injected just above the tumor to see if lymph nodes are effected.  Since the cancer spread, the lymph node or nodes would have been removed. The removal site would have been Sharon’s right arm pit. Did anyone notice any bandages in that area?  I don’t think so.  The only thing that rings true to Sharon’s story is how Sharon is reacting to her diagnosis. 

I was waiting for you to weigh in. TIIC don't care about reality. I've stopped bothering caring when anyone on this shambolic show gets a scary disease because nothing ever comes of it.

• Love 13
On 9/8/2020 at 11:12 PM, boes said:

She made him pierogies!  Those are a no-joke time-consuming total pain in the ass to make.  I'd be pissed, too.

11 hours ago, MollyB said:

I need clarification.  Hasn't the Hilary-lookalike been around for a while?  Wouldn't the enticement worry story have played out a lot earlier? Or at least begun?  Can Devon only be enticed if she is a blood relation to The Hil?  Why do the writers or producers think we are dumb enough to believe that one person can look (internally AND externally!) exactly like some one else?  Are there so few soap actors that they can't hire a person who resembles someone else?  I could believe falling for someone who reminds you of your long, lost love.  

And while I'm ranting.  If they can bring back replicas, why the fcuk can't they get a Billy who is a Billy?

All of this, so much!  Not only is the physical resemblance completely identical, even the voices are exactly the same.  Would it kill the actors who have to play doubles to change the cadence of their delivery just a smidge, or try out a new regional accent or something?  At least Amanda isn't quite as loathsome of a character as Hillary was. 

2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

How did Alyssa find out about Adam killing her father. It wasn’t general knowledge. Did she find out via Olive Oyl or Nostrils or even Banana Breath. Break the story Alyssa and you will being going up against Victor to your peril.  Your a newbie and you haven’t been around long enough to know Victor doesn’t loose. 

Victor told Alyssa that Adam had killed her father so that she wouldn't publish the story she'd written implicating him.  (That happened right before the lockdown.)  How in the world did Chelsea ever make a living as a con artist?  Her poker face is terrible, and she can't tell a convincing lie.  Secret Agent Chancellor isn't much better.  Small-town reporter Alyssa is ten times more savvy than the two of them combined.

I don't understand what ChanceCom is supposed to be.  Is there a real world counterpart?  I was thinking Salon.com, but then all of their pea-brainstorming sessions make me think it's something else.  I just can't figure out what that something else is.  I do know I hate the name ChanceCom, especially since there's a character named Chance who has nothing to do with ChanceCom.  I also hate that there's a character named Chance Chancellor.  Why can't he just go by "Philip" or "Phil" or "Tre" or anything other than Chance Chancellor?  

When is Phyllis finally going to polymorph into a giant squid?  It has to be any day now.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

She made him pierogies!  Those are a no-joke time-consuming total pain in the ass to make.  I'd be pissed, too.

When is Phyllis finally going to polymorph into a giant squid?  It has to be any day now.

Snaporaz, you're right, pierogies are no joke.  That sort of disrespect from a guy whose only contribution is his Oliebollen is not to be tolerated.

Phyllis as a giant squid might just be Nick's dream date!

It's a sad day when the most tolerable person in a scene is Dummer.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I’m confused....am I supposed to feel sorry for Adam? Because his continual  pity party has been a total fail for me. 
And while we’re talking about total fails, Phyllis’ escape club? So Lily and Traci got a tea party, while Nikki was set up with a grand piano and sheet music. These are all wealthy women. Why do they need Phyllis to enjoy high tea or playing some music? Doesn’t victor have a grand piano at the ranch? And people are PAYING for this thing? 

I just don’t get it...

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

This Sharon and Adam thing is nothing but bull pucks. “What about what I need”. Well Sharon, first you need to get your head out of your ass and stop the freaking pity party.  You, and the idiot writers, are doing every woman with cancer a giant disservice. And you DO have control over your life.  You get off your high horse of being the high priestess of psychology, you gather your family around you and you start your treatments.  That’s what’s called being in control of your life.  GC is not so small that she’s the only medical professional.  

Adam, there’s only one thing I want to say to you.  PISS OFF    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think the Adam Sharon thing has more to do with Covid (Geordi comforting Sharon from across the room - touching...not)

The producers are like "Who's aleady sleeping with each other? You're a couple now.) I half expect someone to show up with their pillow.

• LOL 14

I don't understand what ChanceCom is supposed to be.  Is there a real world counterpart?  I was thinking Salon.com, but then all of their pea-brainstorming sessions make me think it's something else. 

I think it's supposed to be a less problematic version of a collection of weblogs originally called Gawker Media.

After defamation lawsuits, bankruptcy, weaker parts sold off or shuttered, and writers resigning or getting fired en masse because of content battles, it's now owned by the Spanish-language media juggernaut Univision under the name Gizmodo Media Group. Probably the most well-known sites left of the original Gawker bunch are Jezebel, Lifehacker, The Root, and Gizmodo.

What's most odd to me about ChancComm (besides the clunky name) is that it's under Chancellor Industries. CI has historically been in the widgets manufacturing business so this media division seems out of place. It's mainly a toy Jill gave Billy to play with, IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Pierogis? In that kitchen? Where's the big flat table to roll the dough out on? Where are the industrial kettles to boil them in? Is Theo leaning eastward from Holland towards Poland?

Whaaaa?

Ah Phyllis, I hate to bring up one of my favourite cartoon females, a woman/squid who can reduce males of whatever species to "poor unfortunate things," but honey you gotta a lotta work to get into her league--20,00 leagues below or not.

Ursula-Little-Mermaid-Disney-witch-h1.jpg

• LOL 12

Y&R had a few scenes of Lily questioning Billy about the hiring practices of ChanceCom as it relates to diversity. I was a little amused at this, especially coming from a show that segregates its African-American characters into storylines that do not intermingle with the White characters. Why is that?

The Rosales family was introduced and its members immediately became ensconced in every major storyline. Yet African-American characters are introduced and “relegated” to the “B” storylines. Their scenes are almost always solely with other African-Americans. Billy appears to be the only White character who interacts with his African-American co-stars. (He seems to have taken Cane’s place since his departure.)

Y&R should clean up its own house before shining that light outward.

Edited by ChiefWiggum9-1-2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

I don’t understand what Sharon is saying. She has no choice of what’s happening to her?  Of course she has a choice. A choice of treatments, a choice of staying strong, and a choice of how hard she wants to fight.  I have very good advise, for Rey, that someone gave me when my wife was battling cancer.  Don’t argue and don’t insist on knowing what’s best for them. This can cause undo pressure and anxiety. A positive attitude is essential to help in recovery. Sometimes it’s just mind over matter. On a personal note, I have witnessed spontaneous remission and I attribute it to complete and utter positivity. 

Does Olive realize even though she worked her entire life to become CEO, she probably would be an executive in any other Multi-National company as large as Newman. 

It’s about time Victor called out Nikki on her hypocrisy about Adam. Time and time again Nikki has shown her favoritism for Olive and Banana Breath.  Banana Breath has stole from Newman to fund Dark Horse and scared the shit out of her but that was ok.  In Nikki’s heart, she knows Adam is better suited to be CEO but pushed for Olive.  

Adam, unlike Rey, doesn’t pass judgement on Sharon. To Adam, Sharon can say and do anything.  It will turn out that Adam is Sharon’s Rock not Rey. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I knew Sharon wouldn't be able to stay away from Adam. She's so ridiculous. Bet Rey is going to dump her when he finds out.

Yep, I thought I recognized that print on Sharon's dress. It's the same designer:
Ij184b5.jpgLHMUozf.jpg

Chance! You snitch! 🙁

Mariah, you don't know Sharon if you think she wouldn't risk blowing up her life for Adam. She's done it before.

Geebus cripes, Victoria. Let it go. Do you really want to live your life obsessed with punishing Victor and Adam?

He's a messy bish, that Chance. Trying to send Chelsea to separate Adam and Sharon was not a great idea, IMO. Especially after he assured Adam he wouldn't tattle.

Does Nick have a job? Seems like all he does is meander all over town chatting people up. I'm thinking he and Mariah should form a support group for people with too much time on their hands.

Of course Chelsea was overcome by her jealousy and had to run over to that motel. Of course. At least Sharon has all her clothes on and Adam isn't there. Guess we'll see whether Chelsea trusts her man or not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Ugh.  Sharon.  I don't have a clue as to what Show is trying to say but if they're trying to make Sharon's entanglement with Adam look like anything other than another sick, manipulative game they've played in one form or another for years, it's a big fail.  I resent them coating it in a breast cancer storyline, as if that makes it all okay.  It makes it even worse IMO.

Sharon getting bad news isn't some permission slip for her to act like an asshole to people who have put her at the center of their lives.  I spent more than a decade caring for people as they died (the worst AIDS years, early 80's to mid 90's) and I took care of both of my parents when they were heading out.  In my experience, people don't change when they get sick as much as they become more fully themselves, whatever that means, both good and bad.   Sharon's basic selfishness and self-centeredness, her willingness to do anything to get her own way are on full display right now, as well as her unparalleled ability to deceive herself.  Unfortunately, she's playing this game with Adam, and she's a rank amateur compared to him.  "Team Sharon" is learning, or about to learn, exactly where they stand and it's waving from the nosebleed section.   Neither she nor Adam can be trusted at all, both will do whatever it is that makes them feel better in the moment and to hell with anyone else.  

If Sharon thinks that Adam - ADAM! - is going to take care of her, support her, put her first, then she's more delusional than I thought. 

Adam stole her baby for God's sake, let her think her kid was dead.  That alone should have made any relationship between the two impossible.  And that was just for starters.  Adam's been a loathsome psychopath since the day he showed up in GC.  Victor's other kids are no prizes, that's for sure, but they're pikers compared to him.  Victor deserves him, nobody else does.  

I really didn't like today's show, which, I guess, is at least a reaction?  

Ugh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I don’t understand what Sharon is saying. She has no choice of what’s happening to her?  Of course she has a choice. A choice of treatments, a choice of staying strong, and a choice of how hard she wants to fight.  I have very good advise, for Rey, that someone gave me when my wife was battling cancer.  Don’t argue and don’t insist on knowing what’s best for them. This can cause undo pressure and anxiety. A positive attitude is essential to help in recovery. Sometimes it’s just mind over matter. On a personal note, I have witnessed spontaneous remission and I attribute it to complete and utter positivity. 

gonna jump in on this because I just got diagnosed with breast cancer. Yeah, boo.... But you are right, Waldo13.   I got a call back on my routine mammosquish and after the second mammosquishier they said come back that same day! for a sonogram needle biopsy.  I had the results of that in four days (because two of those days were the weekend).  Then I had the results explained to me in detail and all questions answered by a really great person (Elizabeth) from the Breast Center here in Santa Rosa.  She is my navigator, and gave me a personal journey binder with tons of info and resources that I can choose to use. I see a surgeon on Monday and expect to be cancer free very soon.  Sharon should be kicking down the doors of the lab for her results instead of playing Silence of the Lambs with VicJr. 

But we can't have nice things.  This show has never done a medical story (or legal or anything else) properly and/or factually.  Hey, writers!  I have a shitload of info for you.  Can any of you Google?

• Love 24

Gentle hugs (((MollyB))) You aren't a silly weakling like Sharon. Her whole life has been metaphorically sitting in a tower waiting for Prince Charming to rescue her. And look what she gets; gorillas like Nick, man babies like Adam, emotionless empty suits like Rey Rey or heavy blocks of wood like Detective Drywall. She even married the undead. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I know it’s a UO around these parts, but I think Chance is sooo hot.  And no, it’s not just because I’ve been in isolation for so long 🤣.  

I agree!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5