Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

She set her up for arson. 

Where? How? Who owned the place that was set on fire? Etc, Etc. Thanks so much to anyone who remembers all of this and replies!

• Love 1

Olive has become almost as reprehensible as Rodan. Olive, that elitist snob, as become so full of herself that she actually is making me want Poppin Fresh to go full King Kong on her but instead of saving Olive, dropping her on her head from on top of the Empire State Building. 

Victor, you actually wanted Adam to swallow his pride and lick the 💩 off Olive butt crack.  Is Victor that illusion when he tells Adam he wants him and Olive to work together. That’s a snowball’s chance in hell.  Olive’s disdain for Adam is insurmountable.  As I said before, Olive has become more and more like Rodan. As with Rodan blaming everything on Diane, Olive is blaming everything on Adam. No Olive, it’s you that can’t stand to be in the same room as Adam. No Olive, you can’t accept Adam’s input, because you think you know what’s in better than him.  And there’s the main problem, Olive is a bold face lier when it comes to Adam because Victor accepts her lies hook line and sinker.  One biggie was that she never told Victor that she knew all about Nostrils plan to take down Adam in publishing a false story about him. Olive not only new but she was all for it until Nostrils wouldn’t go along with her plan so she did the next best thing and condemned Adam to Victor like she was the one who knew about it first.  Oh by the way, Olive didn’t tell Victor, of her plan to take down Poppin Fresh, because she didn’t want Victor to have to lie to Nikki 😂😂😂. Thanks another big lie because Victor has no qualms in lying to Nikki before.  

Victor hit the nail on the head in Nikki, Olive, and Banana Breathe views Adam as on outsider or should I say interloper.  Banana Breath not so much but Olive has everything but everything is not good enough for her.  Give me a break Olive, it’s you who thinks that your more entitled, to run NE, than Adam. Deep down you know that Adam is more qualified than you. 

Wow!!  Unbelievable!!  The second day in a row that Banana Breath actually is making sense.  

Is Chloe that dense?  She saw Connor a few minutes ago and she has to make a comment.  Is that Connor? He’s getting so big.  So Chelsea is out not only leaving Lauren on the leach once again but not even taking the designers job with Marchetti?  I don’t believe that Chloe is going to turn down the Marchetti job.  If she actually does, Summer should count her blessings.  

Nostrils is a born looser and no matter what Adam thinks about with Nostrils gloating, Adam is just glad he’s not Nostrils. 

Not to be a creepy old man but I do have to concur with a poster up thread that there is a very weird dynamic between Olive and Banana Breath 🤫. I also Victor has a very weird relationship with Olive. I believe it goes beyond admiration.  Does the Newmans buy into the idea that incest is a game the family can play 🤢🤮

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Where? How? Who owned the place that was set on fire? Etc, Etc. Thanks so much to anyone who remembers all of this and replies!

It was the Abbot pool house where Diane and Kyle lived. Jack and Phyllis were married and lived in the main house. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Didn't Phyllis also back up over Diane with her SUV, breaking Diane's lower leg so that Diane & Jack had to find new horizontal mambo positions to accommodate her cast?

Edited by deirdra
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Someone should tell the  the make up  people that Jack's make up make up makes him look like q former president.  just saying.  and I am so checkout in Jabot  story I read a book when their story iis on.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Olive has become almost as reprehensible as Rodan. Olive, that elitist snob, as become so full of herself that she actually is making me want Poppin Fresh to go full King Kong on her but instead of saving Olive, dropping her on her head from on top of the Empire State Building. 

Victor, you actually wanted Adam to swallow his pride and lick the 💩 off Olive butt crack.  Is Victor that illusion when he tells Adam he wants him and Olive to work together. That’s a snowball’s chance in hell.  Olive’s disdain for Adam is insurmountable.  As I said before, Olive has become more and more like Rodan. As with Rodan blaming everything on Diane, Olive is blaming everything on Adam. No Olive, it’s you that can’t stand to be in the same room as Adam. No Olive, you can’t accept Adam’s input, because you think you know what’s in better than him.  And there’s the main problem, Olive is a bold face lier when it comes to Adam because Victor accepts her lies hook line and sinker.  One biggie was that she never told Victor that she knew all about Nostrils plan to take down Adam in publishing a false story about him. Olive not only new but she was all for it until Nostrils wouldn’t go along with her plan so she did the next best thing and condemned Adam to Victor like she was the one who knew about it first.  Oh by the way, Olive didn’t tell Victor, of her plan to take down Poppin Fresh, because she didn’t want Victor to have to lie to Nikki 😂😂😂. Thanks another big lie because Victor has no qualms in lying to Nikki before.  

Victor hit the nail on the head in Nikki, Olive, and Banana Breathe views Adam as on outsider or should I say interloper.  Banana Breath not so much but Olive has everything but everything is not good enough for her.  Give me a break Olive, it’s you who thinks that your more entitled, to run NE, than Adam. Deep down you know that Adam is more qualified than you. 

Wow!!  Unbelievable!!  The second day in a row that Banana Breath actually is making sense.  

Is Chloe that dense?  She saw Connor a few minutes ago and she has to make a comment.  Is that Connor? He’s getting so big.  So Chelsea is out not only leaving Lauren on the leach once again but not even taking the designers job with Marchetti?  I don’t believe that Chloe is going to turn down the Marchetti job.  If she actually does, Summer should count her blessings.  

Nostrils is a born looser and no matter what Adam thinks about with Nostrils gloating, Adam is just glad he’s not Nostrils. 

Not to be a creepy old man but I do have to concur with a poster up thread that there is a very weird dynamic between Olive and Banana Breath 🤫. I also Victor has a very weird relationship with Olive. I believe it goes beyond admiration.  Does the Newmans buy into the idea that incest is a game the family can play 🤢🤮

The Victor/Victoria relationship meets the criteria for emotionally incestuous IMO. The relationships of Nikki and Victor with both Victoria and Nick is straight out of the 60's- no respectful boundaries, no acknowledgement they are adults, just extensions of their inflated egos. Right down to their names! The way Nikki treats her stepson Adam is a trope from fairy tales, it's so outdated.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

Didn't Phyllis also back up over Diane with her SUV, breaking Diane's lower leg so that Diane & Jack had to find new horizontal mambo positions to accommodate her cast?

No, sperm stealer Diane ran over her own foot/leg to frame SyPhyllis. In addition to setting  the pool house on fire and framing SyPhyllis for that, too.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

No, sperm stealer Diane ran over her own foot/leg to frame SyPhyllis. In addition to setting  the pool house on fire and framing SyPhyllis for that, too.

I wasn’t watching back then…but wow! Diane actually bested Phyllis? She was apparently smooth; as she is now. No wonder Phyllis hates her - Diane is everything that Phyllis is not: style  and “class” on the outside. She has been rewarded with a better wardrobe and a better hairstyle. 🤓 But sadly we know how this will end - Phyllis will be proven right. She will be a heroine and Jack will come crawling back. The writers have totally emasculated him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
  • Love 3

I understand not liking Victoria, but do so many believe that Adam is more qualified to run Newman? Victoria has been working there since she was practically a teen and run her own company. Brash and Sassy might have still been going if Billy hadn't killed it with his cheap face cream. (It's always the face cream)

Yes, Adam graduated from Harvard, but that doesn't automatically make him qualified. Especially with them de-aging him with Mark. (And I like this version of Adam).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

It’s not a question of whether Adam is more or less qualified, but how he’s treated. No one in the family, including Victor, really gives him a chance to show what he can do. Victoria is the heir apparent and the golden child. Adam is the red headed step child. She gets what she wants, when she wants it. He’s expected to roll over and take it without question. and as others have said, changing CEOs every other week is a sure sign that the company is unstable and would have investors running for the hills. People want to see stability in a company, not turmoil. 

But just because Victoria has worked there for a longer period of time, doesn’t necessarily make her more qualified to run the company. A good leader surrounds herself with smart people, often people who are smarter than her. Victoria simply wants to surround herself with family, as long as that family doesn’t include Adam. She’ll throw him under the bus, back it up and run over him all over again every chance she gets and has made no secret of that desire. She’s a selfish, entitled brat and is enabled by her father.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 7/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, Waldo13 said:

Deep down you know that Adam is more qualified than you. 

Again, I understand not liking Victoria as a person/character. And until recently, Victoria did not just surround herself with family. 

For years, Victor tried to make Nick the chosen one over Victoria, even when he wanted nothing to do with the company. The real selfish villain here is Victor, who pits his very grown children against each other by giving and withdrawing his affection at the drop a hat. The reason that Victoria kept falling for Bobby's crap, is because she's had a lifetime of watching her mother forgive Victor.

Edited because I thought Ashland's real name was Dominic, which would have been even more confusing.

Edited by mjt626
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

It’s not a question of whether Adam is more or less qualified, but how he’s treated. No one in the family, including Victor, really gives him a chance to show what he can do. Victoria is the heir apparent and the golden child. Adam is the red headed step child. She gets what she wants, when she wants it. He’s expected to roll over and take it without question. and as others have said, changing CEOs every other week is a sure sign that the company is unstable and would have investors running for the hills. People want to see stability in a company, not turmoil. 

But just because Victoria has worked there for a longer period of time, doesn’t necessarily make her more qualified to run the company. A good leader surrounds herself with smart people, often people who are smarter than her. Victoria simply wants to surround herself with family, as long as that family doesn’t include Adam. She’ll throw him under the bus, back it up and run over him all over again every chance she gets and has made no secret of that desire. She’s a selfish, entitled brat and is enabled by her father.

Maybe just maybe Olive is able to run NE successfully but I doubt where Olive would be able to run another multinational company because she really doesn’t have the acumen to deal with the unfamiliar.  Where as Adam, whose Harvard business school training, has the business acumen to achieve success in many different genres of the business world.  I believe Adam’s business decisions would be more successful because he is willing to listen to other people’s advice where Olive always has to be the smartest person in the room. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9

All Nikki and Victoria lacked today was a bubbling cauldron between them to stir while they discussed the future. Oh, and of course Nick will hand over New Hope with 250 mil in new funding to a long term employee who knows the business inside and out.....whoops, sorry make it his son, a twenty-something who has probably worked there all of two months, only qualification being born on 3rd base as a Newman. At this point, a family therapist should be considered to help them understand their neverending need to be so constantly and dysfunctionally enmeshed. Nikki appeared to be as insufferable as ever when she breezed by Jack. Who does she think she is!? Sharon's peach blouse was ill-fitted and unpressed. Chelsea has a body like a fire hydrant, and the dress she wore today not suited to that, in addition to being too short on those 2 peasant hausfrau stumps aka legs. The actress playing Sally brings such credibility, concentration and energy to her role. She is indeed the bright star of the whole production, IMO. Only thing I am waiting to see now is if the Doughboy can serve some cold revenge. C'mon, MWT's, help him out!

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The stupid Victoria portrait is back. They should just let the horse picture be the main portrait. 
Why is everyone going on about Vicboria fooling Ashland? Why doesn’t  Victor just assign the CEO a on a weekly basis? Kind of like a teacher announcing a student of the week.

Shut up Chelsea! Billy hasn’t been funny since the Billy Miller days.

Counselor Sharon is so boring! Can’t she start stealing again or set some fires?First stop the Grand Phoenix.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

I want Ashland and Adam to team up so badly and bring down Bitchtoria.

I really am liking the Adam and Sally pairing. She really does care and know what is best for him. Happy to see Jack so nice to her too.

So Chelsea gives up the plum job of designing for Marchetti to critique Billy's shitcasts. Boy is that ever a step down. Of course if she snares him, that could eventually put millions in her pocketbook.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

That coat/dress Chelsea was almost wearing was hideous on her. It was way too short to the point that she could hardly sit down. The front didn’t fit correctly and she wore the darn thing for a week it seems like. At least put some clothing on her that actually fits!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Sure Banana Breath, Olive handled Poppin Fresh brilliantly. How brilliant was Olive when she turned Poppin Fresh into King Kong?  Here once again, Olive ego is over ruling any slight common sense she may have. 

As I stated before, if Olive wants Banana Breath to be COO and Nikki goes back to CO-CEO, she’s just surrounding her self with incompetent executives so she can be the smartest person in the room.  Olive couldn’t be more truthful when she told Nikki that she needs people around her that are loyal and support HER decisions. 

Banana Breath, you have some big balls to complain about Adam storming out of the room when you have done the same time and time again. 

Nikki you elitist shit, it was Poppin Fresh that commissioned the portrait of Olive. It was Victor that had it restored. If it was recommissioned, wouldn’t you think that Victor would have made some changes to make it uniquely different. Beside, I have worked for many executives, business owners, and even the Chairmen of the Board and I never seen anyone of their offices where there was a portrait of just themselves.  

Olive is so proud of herself and what she has done that her toothy grim is like a cobra that is getting to strike. I’m sorry to say, but for me Olive is just an abominably unrepentant egotistical elitist.  The thing I dislike the most is Olive’s self satisfaction toothy grin. It’s Orgasmic. 

Chelsea is tacking a much needed break from fashion when she just came back from taking a break from fashion. Chelsea, the huge part of your life’s work is being a con artist more so than fashion. Maybe you life’s work for about 5 years.  Are you brain dead Chelsea?  Nostrils is one of the funniest persons that she knows?  I guess when you live in the world of the living dead, Nostrils is very fun. 

I said this before and I’m sure I will say this many more times, I like Nikki a hell of a lot more when she drinks.  But the think that I hate most about Nikki is the fact that she doesn’t remember where she came from. She’s the elitist snob that she use to deplore before she met Victor. 

As much as natural light detracts from Rodan, natural light enhances Sharon. I’m not saying it’s because of natural light, but today you can actually see wrinkles in Sharon’s forehead. 

Please please Adam, stay on the sideline and leave it to King Kong to bring the rain. Please please Sally talked to Adam and make him see the futility in his endeavors. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)

I guess what Adam needs to do is commission a portrait of himself. Apparently you can't really be the official NE CEO without one. 🙄

Victoria: Ashland is gone and he's out of our lives for good!
Joi: or so you thought, Vik. Ashland is like one of those STDs which don't so much as go away, they just hide out for a while and show up when you least expect them.

Hmm, was Jack feeling feverish today? I didn't think he'd ever talk to Sally willingly, except perhaps to insult her.

Nick as COO of NE. Hah, don't be too impressed, Sharon. The COO job title and a quarter won't get you a cup of coffee...well, anywhere in 2022. But catch my drift, hon: Nick would do better if the man behind the curtain gave him a brain.

Unquestionable loyalty, Victoria? In other words, you want your family--including daddy--to be a bunch of sycophants who'll drink your bath water and swear it tastes like champagne. FOH.

Ashland, Adam isn't an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of guy. He'd sooner run his own game on you to try to get a leg up on Victoria. You stay overplaying your hand with these Borgias Newmans.

Jack lending a sympathetic to ear to Sally. I cannot wrap my head around it. What's in it for him? 🤔

Billy still treating Chelsea like an old chum. KMN.

Ditto comments uphread, I think Victoria is the nastiest, most smug POS in town. And Nikki isn't much better. They're gonna be sorry for being so dismissive and disdainful of Adam. <fingers crossed>

Is Devon no longer partnering in New Hope with Nick? Nick was saying he'd smooth the way for Noah to take over but I'd expect Devon would need to be read in on that beforehand.

Chelsea would be the last person to get sane production advice from on anything, even a stupid podcast. This has to be a sideways move on her part to get with Billy. And the fool doesn't see it coming.

Wonder if Sally took a shower after her midday jog in the park? Whatever, it looks like she's about to be in a position of having to decide whether she should rescue Adam from the darker angels of his nature.

Pshht, everyone in town knows Billy is the voice of the Grinning Soul. Did Victoria mean his other podcast, the one where he masks his voice? Either way, she's setting Billy up for a retaliatory lawsuit if he uses it to take a dump on Ashland's reputation, no? That's the reason why he's been altering his voice, to avoid legal hassles.

Re the previews for next week: oh noes, Ashland! Did room service get your breakfast order wrong? Gosh, I hate when that happens. 😏

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

No good can come of Billy and Chelsea being friendly and teaming up. This woman is gonna end up as Chancellor-Winters now, isn't she?

I'm sure they could use another COO.

5 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Oh, and of course Nick will hand over New Hope with 250 mil in new funding to a long term employee who knows the business inside and out.....whoops, sorry make it his son, a twenty-something who has probably worked there all of two months, only qualification being born on 3rd base as a Newman.

Will that make Noah the COO?

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11

I don’t believe it’s possible for me to be less interested in Noah and what’s her face (Jack’s granddaughter). I can’t even remember her name. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The actor playing Noah now is probably a nice guy (hopefully). Having said that there's something off-putting about him to me.

I think it’s that he’s so boring as an actor. ZZZZzzzzzzz.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 7/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, Julyolo said:

Sharon's peach blouse was ill-fitted and unpressed.

And her hair was styled like something Faith would wear.  There is an old saying that I think is applicable here:  "Mutton dressed as lamb...." Sharon is a grown woman in her mid 40's and shouldn't be dressing like a teenager.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Stpauliegirl said:

And her hair was styled like something Faith would wear.  There is an old saying that I think is applicable here:  "Mutton dressed as lamb...." Sharon is a grown woman in her mid 40's and shouldn't be dressing like a teenager.

I think Sharon may be in her 50s.  And she looks good - aside from the cosmetic work she has had done. The clothes are terrible but what actress on this show has great clothes? Or even average clothes.  What I don't understand is the whispery voice; has she always had it?  Whispery and slow. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I think Sharon may be in her 50s. What I don't understand is the whispery voice; has she always had it?  Whispery and slow. 

Sharon Case turned 51 in February. I've seen Monday's US show and Sharon is back to her nasal non-whispery voice, which was a bit jarring in comparison.  I think that whispery & slow mode was Sharon trying to convey that she was calm and OK after Rey's death.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2022 at 7:00 PM, deirdra said:

On 7/8/2022 at 4:55 AM, SweePea59 said:

I just wanted to post this clip from 20 years ago, which I found to be hilarious given what Phyllis tried to do to Christine a few years prior to this.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 7/8/2022 at 1:42 PM, Gam2 said:

That coat/dress Chelsea was almost wearing was hideous on her. It was way too short to the point that she could hardly sit down. The front didn’t fit correctly and she wore the darn thing for a week it seems like. At least put some clothing on her that actually fits!

Have you seen the schmata's that Nikki, Sharon, SyPhyllis, and Sally are in? What Chels was wearing was slightly less hideous IMO! 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Have you seen the schmata's that Nikki, Sharon, SyPhyllis, and Sally are in? What Chels was wearing was slightly less hideous IMO! 🤣

Are you are talking about that frightening red suit Nikki wore for what seemed like a month?  She is a slim, attractive woman.  But the clothes and flat hair do her no favors. Sharon whispering (she sounds like she has ingested 5 Xanax and a gin-and-tonic) in that cheap-looking top; Phyllis is always dressed inappropriately.  Sally seems to have toned the clothes down.  There is also poor Mariah; they must hate her. Victoria at least manages to not look tacky - considering the one-sleeved, satiny things they put her in. Chelsea's autumn, too-short dress at least was not ugly.  The wardrobe and writing staffs need an overhaul.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

There is also poor Mariah; they must hate her. 

I have legs like hers and learned long ago that 2" longer dresses, skirts & shorts make me look thin instead of fat.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

The scene in today's, Mon. 7/11/22, episode showing the core Newman family, meaning Victor, Nikki and their children, Victoria and Nick, sans Nikki's least favorite person in the world, Adam, the family b*****d she'd gladly push off a cliff, celebrating with glee over Victoria and Nick's return to the family fold, and Victoria "sweetly" offering to speak with Adam when Victor revealed that he had quit his position with Newman Media and was leaving the Newman family in his rear view mirror, made me want to barf.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Nikki, please tell us what skills you had that entitled you to be a CEO, or COO, or whatever executive level positions you've held.

Love your rant, but we had years of Nikki working hard at Jabot, always in that board room at that big table, learning the ropes, then running things. And she and SyPhyllis had their chain of spas. And she was one of the Restless Style idiots. And I believe she may have run NI for awhile. And she's always chairing charity organizations, although her part may have just been throwing lavish charity balls. She does have executive experience. From back in the days when your contacts were in a Rolodex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I hat that.Nick, of all people, is the one making sense! Victoria thinks she handled Ashland brilliantly but I cannot wait for this to blow up in her face. And by extension,  NE. And there’s no way Billy checked with Amanda about liability. Not that she’s any great lawyer but still. As usual he just went off on his own, and it’s going to bite him in his very flat ass. With any luck, Lily will kick him to the curb and then he and Chelsea can pair up. Then I can FF thru all their scenes. 

Michael trying to get Diane to do Victor’s dirty work was really something. With friends like that, she doesn’t need enemies. ‘The family would be very appreciative.’ Yeah right. I’m glad she told him where to go and what to do when he got there. Of course she’s no innocent, and definitely has something up her sleeve, but asking her to openly betray her son just to help Victor and Victoria? No thanks.

so Nikki wants to fire Sally and hire someone ‘more experienced’ to run NM. Are there any other long lost Newman siblings  out there? Or will she decide that Nick should lead the media division? And Victor getting all teary eyed, telling Adam if he leaves NE, he’ll break his father’s heart? PLEASE! While I don’t really want to see Adam go on a revenge tear because of course he’ll lose, it was nice hearing him put truth to words about how he’s always been treated, especially by Victor. Because he’s right: how can anyone expect his siblings to respect him when his father doesn’t? The best Victor could do was tell Victoria she should make nice to Adam. And she she Pooh Poohed the idea and said that she couldn’t control how Adam would respond, he didn’t press her. He didn’t demand that she treat him as a member of the family. He simply cajoled her like he always does.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

OMG, Michael's ponytail. Or the "presidential" as the hip-hop kids are calling those short ponies these days. Go on with your bad self, Mr. Baldwin.

What kind of job is critiquing a podcast for the person who's creating the content? Even if there is such a job, Chelsea wouldn't have any qualifications for it beyond her ability to get mouthy whenever she wants. She's lucky Billy is being so charitable.

The Grinning Soul is Billy's secret podcast? But everyone knows it's him. These  MWTs are just fcuking with us now.

Diane dressed in a non-funereal color. It's a miracle! Also, I noticed today that Harrison sort of looks like her around the eyes. Kind of a happy coincidence since their resemblance was probably not a factor when the young fellow was cast as Kyle's son.

Ashland isn't exactly trying to hide if he's lurking around in the park. And last week he went to both Society and Crimson Lights. Victor's crack security team must still be hitting the pipe because their target is right out in the open.

Listen to Sally, Adam. She's likely the only adult in your life who has your best interests at heart. My girl is truly in love. ❣

Nick said Victoria had taken most of Ashland's fortune. Um, again: Ashland wasn't broke before Victor gave him the $500M so why would he be broke now? I know they're trying to make Victoria look like a bada$$ dragon-slayer but this is b.s. and it's insulting to the audience. 🤨

Victor basically told Adam there's no real forgiveness for him as far as the Newmans are concerned so he might as well swallow his pride and be greatful he gets to breathe the same air as them. Ugh, Adam needs to stop wasting his time and energy on trying to prove himself worthy to Victor and his trash family because it'll never happen.

Nikki, Sally Spectra has more gumption than any of you nattering nabobs of Newman nepotism. Shut yer snooty trap.

Victor's next brilliant plan may go off the rails and provoke Ashland into kidnapping Harrison. Sigh. Who uses an innocent child like that? At least Diane proved herself honorable on the matter, to Michael's annoyance. Victor needs to consult with Super Stepmommy Summer before he puts Harrison in play. 😏

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I find the direction the monkeys with a keyboard are taking with Adam is very upsetting to me. I hope that this is just a red herring with Adam teaming up with King King to take down Olive and Victor. I’m hoping that it’s just Adam’s plan to thwart King Kong by teaming up with him and prove to the family he’s not a worthless Newman.  I also find it unsettling that Olive, in her smugness and elitist attitude, thinks she’s hot shit. To me she’s just a luke warm Hersey Squirt. Both Olive and Nikki are entitled snobs. Without Victor, who’s earned his billions, Olive and Nikki would be nothing and struggling to earn a living. I give credit to Banana Breath for not being an entitled snob. He’s just a pompous butt wipe. 

Even Chelsea is being elevated to being everyone’s friend.  Both Banana Breath and Nostrils talk it Chelsea like she’s never screwed them over and have always been BFF’s. 

Michael, I love you even more now that you have a ponytail 👍👍. Not only we have the same hair color and beard, but now the same hair style. 

Sally is a heck of a lot more intuitive than Olive. Sally is acting on what benefits Adam and not herself but Olive always acts on what benefits her. Olive is so proud of herself that she has “vanquished” King King that there is no way no how King Kong wouldn’t just go back to Skull Island and lick his wounds.  

Once again Olive knows best and it’s her way or the highway. Banana Breath is suppose to be the voice of reason and even he can’t get Olive and make her listen to really good advice. 

Since Lily is a little short changed in the cleavage department, Lily counter with a lot of leg. Olive’s only counter is boney knees. 

Wow!  Miracles of Miracles!  Diane is wearing a different color today with a shorter hem line.  Diane kudos to you for sticking up to King Kong.  I hope Diane continues not to buy what Michael is selling. I might be old school but IMHO, Harrison needs a hair cut.  

Say what you want about Victor, but he can show emotions and even tear up better than most.  You can truly believe that Adam could break his heart if he left Newman Media. 

Nostrils when did you consult Amanda before the podcast?  Why did you mention your highly placed source being at NE?  Why would you think that King Kong couldn’t figure it out that it was Olive?  You just could have said an anonymous source with first hand knowledge of King Kong’s deception. That would allow a few more credible sources than Olive.  Nostrils, I said this before, you can’t use absolutes in any credible reporting. How can you say that King Kong never had cancer?  King Kong at some point in his life could of had cancer just not this time. 

Yes Olive the “Perfect” leader ship team of enablers and yes men. You know Olive, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely but I’m sure the monkeys with a keyboard won’t allow this to happen. 

I haven’t told Olive to go fuck herself in a while but I need to today. Sally is so much more to be worthy of a CEO position than you and for that matter Nikki as a CEO or Banana Breath as a COO.  That “perfect” management team can only be perfect at NE because NE is too big to fail. It’s established divisions are profitable because of Victor’s business acumen and Olive has their profitability, as long as she doesn’t fuck them up, to cover her shit ass business decisions.  I have witness this in my business experience. Although a small company which is quite different from NE but it’s a learning lesson. I worked for a company that was family owned in witch one son stole the company business from his father who built a very successful profitable company over 25 years. Within 2 years, via shit ass deals, the company was sold to keep from going bankrupt. Me and 40 other employees lost their job because the company that purchased the company was much larger and had all its own people in place. Within a year, the company, operating as a division, was back making a substantial profit.  

What’s with the monkeys with a keyboard?  I take offense at King Kong saying Harrison is own damn son. No King Kong, Harrison is not really even your own son. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Good Lord.  Who among TIIC thought it was a good idea to start off the week by showcasing the members of Newman Prime giving each other a tongue bath of that proportion?  Ugh.  It was so sticky with goo I could practically smell it through the screen.  It was like watching the management of the Hellmouth spend a sunny afternoon at a Tiki bar.  That company is so inbred I'm waiting for them all to start sprouting extra limbs.

Lily isn't exactly on her last nerve with ButtBiscuit and his sewage overflow called "The Grinning Soul", but she's getting pretty close.  It can't be too long before ButtBiscuit and Chelsea are playing the "Guess My Weight" game and I'm only hoping it's all captured on audio, preferably with that voice distortion he uses still on.  It's be like  Pterodactyl mating season in the Genoa City version of Jurassic Park. 

Now that's a thought!  Wouldn't it be cool seeing Velociraptors stalking Phyllis as she stumbles through Chancellor Park in her stilettos?  Ratings would skyrocket!

I thought Courtney Hope, and Mark Grossman, too, were spectacular today.  I'm really loving those two as a couple but I also thought that both of them, CH in particular, did great work today.  I liked seeing Sally and Jack playing nice the other day as well.  

Perhaps Show is going overboard with making everything a business storyline, but so far at least, I like the overall feel of the show more than I have in ages.

Now, if Adam can throw a little mud in Victor, Nikki, Victoria and Nick's eyes, I'll be a very happy viewer.

Toss in a roaming velociraptor or two and a fleeing Phyllis and I'll be ecstatic!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, boes said:

Perhaps Show is going overboard with making everything a business storyline, but so far at least, I like the overall feel of the show more than I have in ages.

And they are making every business a family business, sort of like when Y&R started. But my advice would be to not put so many eggs in the same basket.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And they are making every business a family business, sort of like when Y&R started. But my advice would be to not put so many eggs in the same basket.

Especially when so many of those eggs are so obviously cracked.  Nick and ButtBiscuit shouldn't be running anything but for their lives.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
(edited)

Michael looks ridiculous. 

Adam is the only Newman I like and I love him with Sally. They’re my favorite couple. The rest of the Newmans can kick rocks. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Like 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, boes said:

Good Lord.  Who among TIIC thought it was a good idea to start off the week by showcasing the members of Newman Prime giving each other a tongue bath of that proportion?  Ugh.  It was so sticky with goo I could practically smell it through the screen.  It was like watching the management of the Hellmouth spend a sunny afternoon at a Tiki bar.  That company is so inbred I'm waiting for them all to start sprouting extra limbs.

Lily isn't exactly on her last nerve with ButtBiscuit and his sewage overflow called "The Grinning Soul", but she's getting pretty close.  It can't be too long before ButtBiscuit and Chelsea are playing the "Guess My Weight" game and I'm only hoping it's all captured on audio, preferably with that voice distortion he uses still on.  It's be like  Pterodactyl mating season in the Genoa City version of Jurassic Park. 

Now that's a thought!  Wouldn't it be cool seeing Velociraptors stalking Phyllis as she stumbles through Chancellor Park in her stilettos?  Ratings would skyrocket!

I thought Courtney Hope, and Mark Grossman, too, were spectacular today.  I'm really loving those two as a couple but I also thought that both of them, CH in particular, did great work today.  I liked seeing Sally and Jack playing nice the other day as well.  

Now, if Adam can through a little mud in Victor, Nikki, Victoria and Nick's eyes, I'll be a very happy viewer.

Toss in a roaming velociraptor or two and a fleeing Phyllis and I'll be ecstatic!

Yeah, the Newman circle jerk was hard to watch.  Nikki and Victoria come across as especially hateful, and by all means, let's raise a glass to Victor once again.  He came from nothing, you know, selling Amway crap out of the trunk of his Oldsmobuick, and turned it into this empire!  While I do love their Caesar salad dressing, I can't bring myself to root for them.  Sally and Adam For The Win.

Are these Groaning Assoul podcasts actually meant for a massive audience?  Was Ashland's cancer diagnosis even public knowledge?  Who has that kind of free time to listen to to someone airing personal grievances?  Ashland's sins are pretty weak sauce compared to those of other robber barons, notably Victor's.  How many doppelgängers has Ashland unleashed on an unsuspecting public? 

If Victoria fires Sally, and Chelsea turns down the Marchetti job for the much more lucrative opportunity of Buttbiscuit criticism, I wonder if Summer and Kyle will put their pettiness aside to offer the position to Sally?   

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 5
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nick said Victoria had taken most of Ashland's fortune. Um, again: Ashland wasn't broke before Victor gave him the $500M so why would he be broke now? I know they're trying to make Victoria look like a bada$$ dragon-slayer but this is b.s. and it's insulting to the audience. 🤨

Nick probably understands it as a video game, where you can "lewt" everything from the guy you pwn.  

• LOL 11
10 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Are these Groaning Assoul podcasts actually meant for a massive audience?  Was Ashland's cancer diagnosis even public knowledge?  Who has that kind of free time to listen to to someone airing personal grievances?  Ashland's sins are pretty weak sauce compared to those of other robber barons, notably Victor's.  How many doppelgängers has Ashland unleashed on an unsuspecting public

This podcast storyline on Y &R is driving me crazy. I am retired so I have time to listen to podcasts that are COMPELLING. Billy's is so unprofessional and boring.  I suppose we are supposed to think the Newman's and Ashland are as famous as Musk and  Gates, so we would be interested in the podcast. But then again, I doubt  that Musk or Gates use their children in a game of musical chairs the way that Victor does.  I would think his business would be seen as shaky with the constant changes until management.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2