Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Does Victurd just sit around Victoria's office all day sipping tequila?  He moves from the boss chair to the 'conference' table, glass in hand and mumbles his way through his family-destroying agenda.  Oh, and there is also the intense look at his phone (instead of paying attention to the human in front of him-rude!) which is probably either his lines or a message informing him that his paypal account is locked and he needs to click on this suspicious link to unlock it.

WTF does this company do?  I have yet to hear any real facts about the business, just a lot of tap dancing.  And if I hear Nate say he's intrigued one more time. 😣 I'm beginning to think Tucker is brain dead if he wants to be seriously involved with any of these 'major' companies.

When Phylth was congratulating herself on being such a smart, caring mom her lips got bigger and I was expecting her to fly around the room backwards like an over inflated balloon.  And what was that shyte about visiting Heather in GA?  And knowing her so well?  First I've heard.  If she's so in tune with her son and his family, how come she didn't know about their troubles before he came to GC?

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Does Victurd just sit around Victoria's office all day sipping tequila?  He moves from the boss chair to the 'conference' table, glass in hand and mumbles his way through his family-destroying agenda.  Oh, and there is also the intense look at his phone (instead of paying attention to the human in front of him-rude!) which is probably either his lines or a message informing him that his paypal account is locked and he needs to click on this suspicious link to unlock it.

WTF does this company do?  I have yet to hear any real facts about the business, just a lot of tap dancing.  And if I hear Nate say he's intrigued one more time. 😣 I'm beginning to think Tucker is brain dead if he wants to be seriously involved with any of these 'major' companies.

When Phylth was congratulating herself on being such a smart, caring mom her lips got bigger and I was expecting her to fly around the room backwards like an over inflated balloon.  And what was that shyte about visiting Heather in GA?  And knowing her so well?  First I've heard.  If she's so in tune with her son and his family, how come she didn't know about their troubles before he came to GC?

Perfect post, MollyB!!

As for what the hell Newman Inc. makes, that's been a question for years.  All we know for sure is that they're a major producer of bile, ill feeling and Nepo offspring.

I guess it's possible that Heather respected Phyllis, but it can only be while Phyllis was in that lovely, long coma.  Those were glorious days.......

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

FWIW,  I remember the actress posting a recent Instagram story about trying a more natural look in YR makeup.  Fits with your observation.   I can see her doing this to reflect where Elena is right now in her life.  Being with Nate has to be a hella lot of work. 

That's a good call by either the actress or the producers. I've always found it jarring when characters are in a rough patch, but seem to find time and energy to slap on a full face of makeup every day or wear fancy hair styles. It's not always realistic, and Elena day in and day out looks realistic. 

I was going to ask what Newman the company actual DOES. I've been watching since the early 90s and don't think I've ever known. I do remember the Brash and Sassy division. lol 

Edited by tanyak
  • Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Can we all agree to call it a "Daily Double" everytime Abby physically looks down on Devon, while simultaneously talking down his business decisions? What is her need to insert her career opinions into the lives of fully grown men like Chance and Devon? Does Abby have a legitimate reason to be so snotty to Tucker, separate from Devon? He is the grandfather of the child who in the future could need more "spare parts," like Devon's past bone marrow donation. Might be wise on her part to not burn every bridge. Ring! Ring! Abby, it's Amanda on the phone from Virginia, to remind you of how you messed up her life, and tell you to crawl down off of the high horse you're riding today. The actor playing Devon appeared puffy faced and unwell, like a bad cold. Probably freeze burn from being around Victoria and Abby on the same day. Kyle asking Diane if Jack and she would be sharing with each other things he had told them? Right after I slapped his puffed up, pompous head, I'd be saying, "For sure!" Kyle, blubbering on about his fear of trusting his mother, seems to me to be a bad case of pure projection, considering his recent expedition behind Jack's back, to help the GVN. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Does Abby have a legitimate reason to be so snotty to Tucker, separate from Devon? He is the grandfather of the child who in the future could need more "spare parts," like Devon's past bone marrow donation.  

Abby's still annoyed that Tucker survived her trying to kill him by deliberately running him over and leaving him for dead, after she'd vandalized the wedding decorations when her mom was planning to marry said hit-and-run victim.  

The NERVE of Tucker, wanting to see his grandson after all that, right?  

Just imagine how steamed she'd be at him if her mom hadn't stepped in and confessed to the hit-and-run and she'd been arrested for attempted murder.  

How much else does poor Abby have to go through, I ask you??

• Like 1
  • LOL 18

I think the writers are pulling a fast one on us.  I've been reading about this Chat GPT that can write essays and advertising copy, etc.  I think Joshie G called a Zoom meeting and said "Imagine this is 1960.  I want the most hackneyed, boring. overdone storylines ever in the history of soaps.  Skies the limit!  It'll be great! Just make sure to have Jason and Michelle front and center nearly every day.  Make it so!"  The writers said F this noise and hit up Chat GPT.  And if they didn't, well then they need to.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Please tell me Lily why does Abby’s opinion matter?  Do you want Abby to say you’re right and Devon is wrong?  Is the sky falling?  Is hell freeze over?  Abby’s brain cloud evaporated and she actually came up with an exceedingly good point. To Lily and Jill it’s just dollars and cents but to Devon, it’s everything. Chancellor is still Chancellor with our HW. They actually don’t need HW to go public but their IPO will still be profitable but not as profitable.  If Devon stays on it’s still Lily’s and Jill’s way because it always will be two votes to one.  Lily, if you really want to keep Devon, convince Jill to let him go. You don’t have to work together to be close. 

Personally, having gray hair like Michael, I really like the wisps of gray hair Diane has and doesn’t try to cover up.  Diane, of all the woman in her age group, excels in being naturally classically beautiful. 

Kyle, nothing is forever in a soap opera😜, but let me ask you how many time have you broke Summer’s heart?  How many times have you broke Lola’s heart?  For that matter, Tara wasn’t all that pleased with you either.  So Kyle, STFU and hope for the best.  Your so worried about Diane’s and Jack’s relationship effecting Jack but your not so worried about your relationship with your father when, not if, he finds out that you’re plotting with Victor to get Adam away from Jabot. Tell the truth Kyle, you’re mostly worried how Copperhead will effect you’re and Summer’s relationship when she finds out because we all know that Summer will get a guilt trip and support her mother. 

Summer you failed at your mother’s request to keep Daniel away from Tucker.  If Copperhead didn’t go to Portugal, she would have sniffed out that conversation in a heartbeat beat. 

Is there a new PSA on the minds of the monkeys with a keyboard known as preeclampsia.  Sally’s high blood pressure is a symptom of preeclampsia which usually doesn’t show to until the 20th week of pregnancy. It’s not uncommon but if it’s not treated properly it’s a serious condition that could be fatal to mother and baby.  Is this how the monkeys with a keyboard going to end Sally’s pregnancy or even send her to oblivion?  If the 20 week mark is correct and my math is correct that’s 4 months ago and makes it more likely it’s Adam’s baby. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Kyle, nothing is forever in a soap opera😜, but let me ask you how many time have you broke Summer’s heart?  How many times have you broke Lola’s heart?  For that matter, Tara wasn’t all that pleased with you either.  So Kyle, STFU and hope for the best.  Your so worried about Diane’s and Jack’s relationship effecting Jack but your not so worried about your relationship with your father when, not if, he finds out that you’re plotting with Victor to get Adam away from Jabot. 

Excellent points. And how about when he first came back.to GC and treated Jack like shit!? The writing stinks. I just don't think a guy his age would act so pussified  as Kyle is.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't know how good Victor's oldest daughter is at playing chess but she must be pretty bad at poker. Devon easily called Victoria's bluff in about 60 seconds.

Man, Tucker was working Daniel like a pro. I don't how he wasn't laughing at what an easy mark Daniel is. Plus Tucker appears to have done his homework if he could toss out Heather's personal mantra and make it sound like a coincidence.

Wonder if Abby woke up this morning thinking she'd have to crack Lily's face into a million tiny pieces on Society's floor?

Wonder if Victoria woke up this morning thinking she could step out of her lane and into Devon's, uninvited?

Heh, Daniel, have you met Phyllis before? Not only did she hop on a plane to Portugal, she's deliberately avoiding your calls. Sucks for you.

Sorry, Abby, what you read as "hang onto," Lily intended as "control." You don't speak Lily and Devon's language so stay out of it.

I forgot Esther works at C-W. Guess that's why she wasn't able to lend Kevin a hand at home while Chloe was out of town for ONE day.

Aw, Kyle. You just now figured out Diane is the problem which never ends? Poor baby.

Yay, Adam straight told Jack what's up with Victor and Kyle. Bet Kyle is going to receive a stern talking to later. 🙄

Lily barely had time to glue her face back together before it was cracked again by Devon. Jabot probably has a nice face serum to soothe the effects of humiliation on one's skin.

If Diane swears there are no more secrets to come out it must mean there's a doozy still out there. I like the spumor where she and Jeremy had a kid back in the day and Kyle has a hidden sibling.

The writers said F this noise and hit up Chat GPT. 

I've indeed wondered about that. It wouldn't surprise me because so much of the dialogue is repetitive. Why pay writers if a computer can do the work? Ugh, Bill Bell would not be proud.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Very happy Adam went to Jack with the Kyle/Victor stuff. Hopefully we’re done with Kyle being Victor’s errand boy.

Nick was right that Jack could be a great mentor for him and it’s rare that we see this type of supportive relationship on soaps.

I’m also quite over the ridiculousness of the IPO story, I want it to end.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yay, Adam straight told Jack what's up with Victor and Kyle. Bet Kyle is going to receive a stern talking to later. 🙄

Damn, I love me some men in suits.😍 

The contrast of Adams adult delivery of his information and Kyle's tantrum-like talk with Jack is night and day.  Are Kyle and Adam in the same general age group?  If Kyle is as young as he acts, why is he running a major company?  Dummer and Vyle have been de-sorased to spoiled children playing house in daddy's mansion.

17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Personally, having gray hair like Michael, I really like the wisps of gray hair Diane has and doesn’t try to cover up.  Diane, of all the woman in her age group, excels in being naturally classically beautiful. 

Count me in.  I have had grey hair for years and I earned every strand of it.  Diane looks so natural and believable (Jack, too, for that matter).  The rest of the cast could take some pointers and stop shooting that crap into their faces and futzing with their hair.  The roots are showing.

• Like 14
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1

Hey, were those Christmas tree lights twinkling behind Victor while he was chatting with Summer? Brought a whole new meaning to Groundhogs' Day for me. If this show is filmed 6 weeks in advance, could mean it Phyllis' "trip to Portugal" is a  cover for an absence for the real world's Christmas thru New Year's? If so, I for one, intend to enjoy every single Phyllis free episode for the next week. Nice touch when Grampire thanked Summer for her honesty, after lying straight-faced to her. Hard to conjure up much sympathy for Adam complaining about his father's interference with a position he admittedly loathes, while he realizes he has the privileged failsafe of ending up working in another high paying position, only difference is at his new job, maybe it will only be his father he loathes. Wonder if Sally could take over Phyllis' old job at Marchetti, now that she says she is morphing into interior design? It was good to see Aunty Jack step up to blunderboy Kyle and tell him to stay in his own lane. I don't get why Diane is being held accountable for Jack going full Ninja, and stealing Nikki's necklace. He's a big boy, he made his choices. I have to say I did enjoy Adam side-eyeing Chelsea and Billy's "family blending" B.S. and then dropping the truth bomb on Kyle, for Summer to hear?.....chef's kiss!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Kyle is such a vicious, hypocritical little shit.  Interesting that he didn't admit to Jack or Summer that he'd already committed corporate espionage.

I really, really don't want Adam to go back to the Newmans.

Remember when we all pretty much hated Kyle when he first arrived, he and that greasy scamer friend of his were so gross. Then he got with Lola and he was a nice guy and most of us actually began to like him. But he's back with nuDummer and, well, she brings out the dickhesd in him I guess. He's circled back to petty, vintage vindictive asshole again. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Jack: Kyle, buddy, are you fucking around in my business? 
Kyle: *raises defensive bouffant*

Jack: Victor mixed up in this?

Kyle: Waaahhhh! Adam has cooties. Why are you letting him put cooties all over Jabot?

Jack: Sit the fuck down and put a pineapple in it. This is big boy business and no one asked you.

Kyle: *sulks* Yeah, well, maybe you need to watch it with Mom. Just sayin’.

Can you just please PLEASE do daily recraps for us like this? Pretty please? You'd be doing a humanitarian service to us Preverts. The above was my favorite part...

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

The plot thickens: I loved the way Jack tap-danced around Chance's questions about the cash found in Stark's hotel room on today's episode, I mean he really looked scared. 

My darling Chance DEFINITELY was in dire need of a shampoo today!

I also LOVE the idea of Diane and Jeremy having a child that will turn up in GC and muddy the waters! God times!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I also LOVE the idea of Diane and Jeremy having a child that will turn up in GC and muddy the waters! God times!

Let's make it a sexy, smart woman who will aim right for Adam. I want him to get with someone who will make Sally super jealous. A Diane/Jeremy daughter would fit the bill. And bonus points here as it'd be Kyle's half-sister!

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Shut up Nikki! How many times has Nikki dumped Jack to run back to the Mustache? The nerve of her, constantly berating Diane.   Also why did Nikki stop at the Grand Phoenix for a water? 
You go Adam! Tell that little pissant Bouffant that you know what his weasel ass is doing. I’m so glad he went to Jack and let him know what’s going on. 
What is wrong with Chelsea? She’s been socializing with Billy for months now, making endless stops at Crimson Lights and family nights with Johnny and Connor. I’m sure their just going to Society and perhaps will run into Lily and Daniel and pretend that it’s awkward.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, MollyB said:

Count me in.  I have had grey hair for years and I earned every strand of it.  Diane looks so natural and believable (Jack, too, for that matter).  The rest of the cast could take some pointers and stop shooting that crap into their faces and futzing with their hair.  The roots are showing

I agree. Some people still look old...just old with fake faces and hair. At a certain point most people just don't have blonde or jet black hair and smooth faces. Covid was good for one thing - I stopped dying my hair and I love the gray and I don't have to pay an arm and a leg to have it dyed every 6 weeks and have the roots show after 3 weeks.

4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Kyle is such a vicious, hypocritical little shit.  Interesting that he didn't admit to Jack or Summer that he'd already committed corporate espionage.

Yeah, and I hated how Summer tore into Adam over something Kyle was lying to her about. Sick of everyone gaslight ing Adam.  Its too bad Adam didn't shut her up by telling her that her dumb daddy gave him the information.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 11
  • Love 8

Please tell meSummer what  has Adam done since he saved your father’s life, saved Faith from driving the car off the road, and donating a kidney, to Faith, that still tells you Adam is the same old Adam?  Meanwhile, your mother has done so much more to prove to you she is still the same old Copperhead and more reprehensible than Adam. 

Are the monkeys with a keyboard putting Adam in the same ilk as Nostrils as being a restless sole. There is a big difference between them. Adam has been given opportunities that have been taken away from him and Nostrils walked away from his opportunities. 

I really like Diane but she has to learn to keep her mouth shut. Nikki didn’t have to know about her and Jack’s budding friendship.  Nikki in her hypothetical style tells Diane that she should thank Copperhead for bringing her and Jack closer together but scowls at Sally being the catalyst for Summer’s rise to power. 

The one good thing I can say about Victor is that he accepts family even when there is no blood relation. Harrison and Johnny are not his blood but he always mentions them as his grandchildren.  Cruella, Banana Breath, and Nikki don’t really consider Adam to be family. I don’t believe they consider Abby family, but she’s just more tolerable than Adam because they are not jealous of her. By the way, Bowie is considered Victor’s grandson because Bowie has Abby’s DNA. 

Whoops!  Kyle lied to Summer and she didn’t look to happy. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Also why did Nikki stop at the Grand Phoenix for a water? 

Great observation. That's why I love this board. To answer your question: She is too snobby to go to a 7-11 to buy a bottle of water.

• LOL 20
6 hours ago, MollyB said:

Are Kyle and Adam in the same general age group?  If Kyle is as young as he acts, why is he running a major company?  Dummer and Vyle have been de-sorased to spoiled children playing house in daddy's mansion.

Birthdays and how old they are this year:

Kyle - January 8, 2001 - 21/22

Adam - April 24, 1995 - 27/28

Summer - Dec 18, 2006 - 16/17

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 5

I’m genuinely… I don’t know, blown away by the way the biggest jerks in Genoa City talk about certain other residents. You’d think Adam was a war criminal who tortured orphans for sport. He’s done some dark and shady stuff, but Summer and Kyle talk about him like he burns down a nursing home every single day. And how about Diane? You’d think she was a serial killer or a maniac with a vehicular manslaughter fetish. We get it, writers. Having the smack talk come from thoroughly unpleasant jackwagons isn’t as persuasive as you think it is.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Love 5

Oh great, I was super happy with the Adam/Jack relationship yesterday and today, Adam’s “coasting” because he doesn’t like his job and Victor is right? Crap on toast show, giving it and taking if away!

Jack was great in telling Kyle he wouldn’t fire Adam for Victor or him though.

Writing on the wall: the Jack & Diane relationship will implode shortly.

Phyllis being about the long game? No way in heck. 

In the shallow end, really appreciate the new Nikki styling, she looked great today.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

Is Chelsea independently wealthy or is she living off child support from Adam? This is quite the life of leisure she's enjoying.

Buh, buh, buh, busted, Kyle! Has it even been 24 hours since Victor assured you Jack wouldn't find out his disloyal son is in cahoots with his longtime foe?

"...something for Adam and I to work through." Aw, Jack can you haz grammar?

Diane, sigh, you never learn. Stop antagonizing Nikki. She can take your smugness and deliver it right back to you in a lovely Tiffany's bag.

Kyle, what it's about is Adam is the son Jack wishes he had instead of you. Subconsciously you know it so here, have some peanut butter to go with your jelly.

At least Adam can admit Jabot isn't the right place for him. I think he must have inherited his self-awareness from Hope because it sure ain't a Newman trait.

Ugh, Victor all but told Summer not to worry her pretty little head about his using her husband to scheme against Adam. And she was too dimwitted to notice.

Jeremy Stark never spent any of $500k Jack bribed him with? Odd he would keep that kind of cash sitting around serving no purpose.

Apparently Billy and Chelsea are openly dating now, and upon realizing it Adam was like, "Dafuq?" Right there with ya, buddy.

My darling Chance DEFINITELY was in dire need of a shampoo today!

I'm willing to overlook it. He can make up for it in other ways.

@NinjaPenguins, your posts = all the *superlatives. All. Of. Them.

*ETA: positive .

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
feeling pedantic at pre-dawn
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I think the reason many of us are enamored of Diane’s hair and Nikki’s new cut is because every other woman has the long, center parted, hair hanging in shreds down the sides of their faces, barreled curled backwards BORING hairdon’t. I am beyond so tired of seeing this on all of these women from ages 20-70. Please give us all a permanent break!

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Let's make it a sexy, smart woman who will aim right for Adam. I want him to get with someone who will make Sally super jealous. A Diane/Jeremy daughter would fit the bill. And bonus points here as it'd be Kyle's half-sister!

My guess is that Heather will be that woman.  She'll come back to town (maybe for Paul's funeral?  They have to explain his absence at some point, don't they?), and she and Adam will re-connect at about the same time as when Sally gets the results of her paternity test.  If Diane and Jeremy had a daughter, she would be about twelve years old!

4 hours ago, Desperado said:

Oh great, I was super happy with the Adam/Jack relationship yesterday and today, Adam’s “coasting” because he doesn’t like his job and Victor is right? Crap on toast show, giving it and taking if away!

Yes, this!  I feel that way about most things on this show.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

My guess is that Heather will be that woman.  She'll come back to town (maybe for Paul's funeral?  They have to explain his absence at some point, don't they?), and she and Adam will re-connect at about the same time as when Sally gets the results of her paternity test.  If Diane and Jeremy had a daughter, she would be about twelve years old!

If they killed off Paul that would make Christine available to pair with Danny again. Her behavior in that one episode recently where she was basically pining for him made it seem like that could happen at some point. Its not like they'd have to worry about writing for them long term. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Great observation. That's why I love this board. To answer your question: She is too snobby to go to a 7-11 to buy a bottle of water.

I don't know why Nikki doesn't pick up a bottle of water when she's buying Lottery scratchers.  You KNOW she does, you just know it. 

Along with one of those aged rotating hot dogs.  They remind her of Victor.

Nikki's brain must have flooded with all the rainwater her nose in the air has taken in, because while she was telling Diane how much she'd end up hurting Jack, Nikki seems to have forgotten how many times she's done exactly that.

As I remember, she didn't even make it through the reception after her last wedding to Jack's before she slipped out to reunite with Victor,

giphy.gif

who'd purtyed himself up for his "Baby".

Yeah, Nikki's a real prize.

BTW, Victor's meeting with Summer was just the tiniest bit creepy.  His "I adore you" was only one step less alarming than if he'd called her "Baby".

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
18 hours ago, MsMalin said:

She is too snobby to go to a 7-11 to buy a bottle of water.

and too cheap.  She didn't pay for it.

Course, maybe the water at Great Phart tastes like Wodka.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
14 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Billy: Is this waiter trying to get a good tip outta my unemployed ass?

Chelsea: Is this a date? We’ve both been around the block so many times we know every crack in the sidewalk, but I’m still so confused.

Billy: When I date someone, they know it. And so does their therapist, usually within 24 hours.

Chelsea: Come on, Billy. I don’t even know why I tried to end my own life when Victoria’s was right there for the taking. Work with me.

Billy: We’re going Dutch. What does that tell you? LOL!

Chelsea: What if that server knows us? And tells your family?

Billy: You’re right. What I need to do is make a giant ass of myself, call attention to our not-date and imply that the server is an unprofessional motormouth.

Chelsea: Nightcap?

Billy: Is that what the kids are calling it these days? God, I’m funny.

Chelsea: You know me better than anyone.

Billy: I saw your soul, Chelsea. I may have even inhaled part of it with my giant nostrils.

@@@@@@@@@

Victoria: Hello my fellow professional. I’m giggling and plying you with Scotch to help us think inside my box - outside the box.

Natey Nate Nate: Devon never gave me Scotch. He’s too much of a wuss to make a boss move like that.

Victoria: Right? They wasted your massive reserve of self regard at Chancellor Winters. They’d never try to destroy Tucker McCall by luring a vague gaming concept into the fold.

Nate: The complete lack of innovation is itself an innovation. We can use my secret weapon.

Victoria: I thought you’d never offer.

Nate: It’s Audra.

Victoria: Oh, well, hey, don’t you hate it that people can’t accept what ruthless, successful powerhouses we have to be?

Nate: Now you’re talking my love language. 

@@@@@@@@

Jack: I’m going to be insufferably saccharine for the rest of this episode. Look away, NinjaPenguins.

Diane: So, uh, is anyone else here? Are there any Abbotts due home? Where’s the maid tonight?

Jack: No, no and out. Why?

Diane: Oh, it’s not like I’m going to murder you, bury you behind the pool house and take off with that half million Stark inexplicably left behind. Just curious.

Jack: Here, have a priceless family heirloom. It’s a magical emerald necklace of love. I must now fall into my tiresome pattern of moving way too fast with my current lady while plying her with sugary bromides

Diane: I just want to enjoy the present. This teardrop shaped present in particular, which will definitely not somehow end up in Jeremy Stark’s vengeful hands.

@@@@@@@@@

Nick: It’s me, Sally. Again! Actually I kind of never left. I’ve been living in a maintenance closet and washing my junk with Windex.

Sally: *must put on happy face*

Nick: I brought snacks. Healthy snacks. As the incubator of my seed, you shall now be treated as the delicate and sacred vessel some of our fossilized audience members believe you to be.

Sally: I’m not sure I’m into this whole motherhood thing.

Nick: Let’s sit down and talk about this. I’m going to put a “father talking to his daughter” vibe out there. Now, of course you’re into motherhood. All women are. Even if you think you aren’t, you are. I didn’t know shit when Noah was born and look at him now.

Sally: I’m sorry. I can’t seem to lose this ‘starring in a hostage video’ expression.

Nick: I hear you when you say you’re worried about how a bad childhood might affect your parenting and I’mma rumble right past it all to paint a rosy portrait of baybeez straight out of the 50s.

Sally: You’re so amazing. So supportive. So suffocating.

Adam: Man, fuck these clowns.

Sally: I have to tell you something. It’s about the baby.

Nick: Hey, I’m here to carry the burden with you. Did you know that every time some chick has my kid, I house a party pizza, chug some coffee and rip a line of Dulcolax off a mirror, take up residence in the restroom closest to labor and delivery and squeeze out my own seven pounder? Sometimes I name it.

Sally: Adam is probably the father.

Nick: I don’t mind raising his kids.

STANDING OVATION! BRAVO!!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Billy: I saw your soul, Chelsea. I may have even inhaled part of it with my giant nostrils.

@@@@@@@@@

Sally: I’m sorry. I can’t seem to lose this ‘starring in a hostage video’ expression.

Nick: Hey, I’m here to carry the burden with you. Did you know that every time some chick has my kid, I house a party pizza, chug some coffee and rip a line of Dulcolax off a mirror, take up residence in the restroom closest to labor and delivery and squeeze out my own seven pounder? Sometimes I name it.

####DEAD####

You murdered me again with this post!  Those portions of your post, particularly, made me DEAD and loving it!

Brilliant, as always, NinjaPenguins.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

How is that a romantic table? Society isn’t big enough to have a romantic table. Adam can overhear all conversations from his barstool. Why would the server give a rats ass if they are on a date?

What I want to know are Nate and Victoria on date? I don’t see anything to drink to. Let’s take down McCall and gossip about Hamilton Winters and how lame they are compared to us. 

Its early in the episode for me. Are Jack and Diane going anywhere or did he put on his tux to sit on the couch with Mrs Martinez’s chips and dip?

Nick may as well pee on Sally the way he marks his territory and won’t leave her alone. She needs to talk to Adam. They’ve been through this before with Christian. It hasn’t been that long.

Is Jack going to give Diane some jewelry or just talk about the tear drop of love? He could’ve pulled out another piece of jewelry. Maybe a nice trinket from Nikki’s safe that they didn’t notice yet. 

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Billy: Is this waiter trying to get a good tip outta my unemployed ass?

Chelsea: Is this a date? We’ve both been around the block so many times we know every crack in the sidewalk, but I’m still so confused.

Billy: When I date someone, they know it. And so does their therapist, usually within 24 hours.

Chelsea: Come on, Billy. I don’t even know why I tried to end my own life when Victoria’s was right there for the taking. Work with me.

Billy: We’re going Dutch. What does that tell you? LOL!

Chelsea: What if that server knows us? And tells your family?

Billy: You’re right. What I need to do is make a giant ass of myself, call attention to our not-date and imply that the server is an unprofessional motormouth.

Chelsea: Nightcap?

Billy: Is that what the kids are calling it these days? God, I’m funny.

Chelsea: You know me better than anyone.

@@@@@@@@@

Victoria: Hello my fellow professional. I’m giggling and plying you with Scotch to help us think inside my box - outside the box.

Natey Nate Nate: Devon never gave me Scotch. He’s too much of a wuss to make a boss move like that.

Victoria: Right? They wasted your massive reserve of self regard at Chancellor Winters. They’d never try to destroy Tucker McCall by luring a vague gaming concept into the fold.

Nate: The complete lack of innovation is itself an innovation. We can use my secret weapon.

Victoria: I thought you’d never offer.

Nate: It’s Audra.

Victoria: Oh, well, hey, don’t you hate it that people can’t accept what ruthless, successful powerhouses we have to be?

Nate: Now you’re talking my love language. 

@@@@@@@@

Jack: I’m going to be insufferably saccharine for the rest of this episode. Look away, NinjaPenguins.

Diane: So, uh, is anyone else here? Are there any Abbotts due home? Where’s the maid tonight?

Jack: No, no and out. Why?

Diane: Oh, it’s not like I’m going to murder you, bury you behind the pool house and take off with that half million Stark inexplicably left behind. Just curious.

Jack: Here, have a priceless family heirloom. It’s a magical emerald necklace of love. I must now fall into my tiresome pattern of moving way too fast with my current lady while plying her with sugary bromides

Diane: I just want to enjoy the present. This teardrop shaped present in particular, which will definitely not somehow end up in Jeremy Stark’s vengeful hands.

@@@@@@@@@

Nick: It’s me, Sally. Again! Actually I kind of never left. I’ve been living in a maintenance closet and washing my junk with Windex.

Sally: *must put on happy face*

Nick: I brought snacks. Healthy snacks. As the incubator of my seed, you shall now be treated as the delicate and sacred vessel some of our fossilized audience members believe you to be.

Sally: I’m not sure I’m into this whole motherhood thing.

Nick: Let’s sit down and talk about this. I’m going to put a “father talking to his daughter” vibe out there. Now, of course you’re into motherhood. All women are. Even if you think you aren’t, you are. I didn’t know shit when Noah was born and look at him now.

Nick: I hear you when you say you’re worried about how a bad childhood might affect your parenting and I’mma rumble right past it all to paint a rosy portrait of baybeez straight out of the 50s.

Sally: You’re so amazing. So supportive. So suffocating.

Adam: Man, fuck these clowns.

Sally: I have to tell you something. It’s about the baby.

“washing my junk with Windex” 

You’re amazing NP.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

When Diane started rhapsodizing about all the wonderful family events in her future with Jack and the family, I got the same feeling I had when Little Joe would bring a new love home to The Ponderosa on Bonanza, she's probably going to be dead soon. Jack is so happy, while Kyle is anxious she's going to disappear again, IMO the stage is being set, and it makes me kind of sad because these two actors as a couple in love/lust at present are the only two on the show getting a passing grade in chemistry from me.  Victoria and Nate are going to blame their lip locking on the liquor, and be cautious until the day they finally rip off each other's clothes off. Billy, the world wise yet weary font of wisdom, reflecting on whether he should cast his lot with someone who was suicidal 2 months ago, and is still trying to figure out with her therapist who she is? Any therapist worth insurance reimbursement will definitely be telling Chelsea to put the brakes on, before the predictable train wreck. Yet still, wouldn't it be fun to see both Victoria and Lily incandescent with rage?

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Victoria bringing a bottle of expensive whatever and drinking it with Nate on the couch Adam and Sally had sex numerous times on was SO cringe and pretty predatory. Not one ounce of sexy there. Yuck. I want Elena to kick him to the curb ASAP.

19 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

When Diane started rhapsodizing about all the wonderful family events in her future with Jack and the family, I got the same feeling I had when Little Joe would bring a new love home to The Ponderosa on Bonanza, she's probably going to be dead soon. Jack is so happy, while Kyle is anxious she's going to disappear again, IMO the stage is being set, and it makes me kind of sad because these two actors as a couple in love/lust at present are the only two on the show getting a passing grade in chemistry from me. 

I’m seeing her being kidnapped by Stark with everyone else thinking she left. Jack can’t seem to catch a break, but PB still looks great in a tux.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

ts early in the episode for me. Are Jack and Diane going anywhere or did he put on his tux to sit on the couch with Mrs Martinez’s chips and dip?

well, doesn't your SO  have a spare, freshly pressed  tux in his closet?  

I'm still not sure if Diane is sincere or playing along con game.  Either way, I really like her.  You never know. 

OK--how many days this coming week until Nate and Victoria end up doing the nasty on one of their desks?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The front door to the stately Abbott manse is kept unlocked. Sure, Jan.

Hee, when Billy said he was going to order the clams and the mussels, the closed captioning said "muscles." AI for the win! 😉

That poor society waitress. She must've been thinking, "Self-important much?" when Billy told her he and Chelsea weren't on a date. Nobody cares, ya morons, and now you've made sure the waitress will be trashing you on her anonymous TikTok.

Seriously, Jack? If anything I'm betting Dina's corpse is spinning like a top right about now. Game recognize game and Ghost Dina wants her emerald necklace back.

Victoria: have some of this 12-year old scotch, Nate.
Nate: thanks. Devon would never share his expensive whiskey with me.
Elena: honey, I wasn't sure what time you'd be home so I picked up a couple of those flatbread pizzas you like from Society.
Nate: you're so thoughtful, Elena. Devon would've just ordered me a greasy pepperoni pie from Pizza Shed.
Audra: in the interest of total honesty, Nate, I must tell you I'm still boinking Tucker.
Nate: well, good for you and good for Newman Media. Devon only wishes he could screw Tucker.
Joi: FFS, Nate. Stop!

Adam, if you only knew. Better work on your eavesdropping skills, my guy. Or not. The answer to what you're puzzling over will soon become evident on its own.

A $50 tip. Pssht, now I'm 100% sure that Society waitress is mocking Billy on social media. He should've passed her a cool hundy at least.

Ew, Vikki, you're a sloppy drunk. Nate didn't exactly pull away from the long wet smooch you laid on him though. Poor Elena will be tasting the residue of your saliva later. 🤢

I still don't understand how Nick didn't know Adam could also be the daddy of Sally's baby. Whatever, re next week's previews, Sally's having a prenatal paternity test and odds are Chloe will mess with the results. Sigh.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8

And again with A Streetcar Named Desire:

Nick screaming outside of Sally s door:   Saaaallllyyyyy! I brought you chicken soup and crackers and caramel.corn and a DNA test and the morning after pill in case I'm not the dad. It will still work 2 months later right?

Jesus the Jack and Diane Schtick sickened me. Diane wants the big family meals which the maid will cook. Sure, all of the fun and none of the work. I could go for that too. I'd love to see her do what I do: shop, clean and cook for 20 hours for a meal that's gobbled down in 20 minutes. Then take another 2 hours to clean up. I bet she'd be A bigger bitch on wheels than I am.

And Jack with his corny teardrop of love . Do these writers do double.duty as Harlequin romance writers?

Gotta love the Me Too reversal that Victoria is carrying out. Plying Nate with double malt scotch and making all the double entendres and kissing him. This could be fun.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

$15. tip for  a dinner for two--what a cheapskate.

He may indeed be a cheapskate but this time he left a $50 tip. I went back and re-watched the scene and both Billy and Chelsea said it was fifty dollars. Billy was trying to buy the waitress' silence despite there being an entire room of people who saw him and Chelsea together.

This is another thing that doesn't make sense to me. Does Sally not know Christian is Adam's son? I thought she and Adam had bared all their secrets to each other. If she succeeds in getting Nick to have a shotgun wedding before her baby is born, they'd be setting up another Christian situation due to the legal technicality. That's why I don't think Nick will marry her or that the baby will ultimately turn out to be his. Even he's not dumb enough to push his luck in another WTD? situation with Adam.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Everyone's giving Adam crap about doing his job from the bar at Society, but as far as I can see, Nick does even less than that as Victoria's Dancing bear-I-mean-COO.  He's either in Sally's hotel room, at the 7/11 buying snacks or sucking in his belly somewhere.  

Good advice, though.  Nick says babies make everything better.  In that spirit, I'm going to hit Costco early tomorrow and see if I can get a good one before they're all picked over.  Nick better remember one thing, though.  Sally has carny blood in her veins.  That'll trump Newman orphanage blood every time.  "Pick a card, any card" is what I expect the paternity test to say.

Watch out Nate, that's a good way to get splinters!   Next time, ask Victoria if she's sanded herself recently.   Nate drank that single malt like it was his nightly dose of castor oil.  

Their plan to lure Daniel and his "Princess Louisa" video game is really on target.  Nate says "We have to lure Daniel and his project to Newman Media", and Victoria responds with, "We need to give him something Chancellor/Winters can't".  Off the top of my head, all I can think that might be would be either a case of piles or an 8K video of Victor's last colonoscopy, complete with Nikki's piano soundtrack.  It's a wilder ride than the Avatar sequel.

If Daniel has an ounce of cool left, he'll take one look at Nate and Victoria and run screaming.

Billy and Chelsea at Society......empty calories and a bloated feeling.

Here's hoping that poor server took a special moment back in the kitchen with his food.  

That caramel corn Nick brought Sally is undoubtedly less saccharine than Jack and Diane's big night.  Here's hoping Mrs. Martinez took a special moment back in the kitchen for them, too.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1