Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

What gets me about the character of Diane is that she always words things so that she looks like the innocent victim of circumstances (of her own making) beyond her control, like lamenting all the Christmas' she missed with Kyle, leaving out that she missed them because her way of getting out of the trouble she'd got herself into was to fake her own death, heedlessly leaving her son to suffer because of her lie - is there any redemption really for someone who would do that to their own child - and I can't help but be suspicious that Diane deciding to return to town and face JS is a set-up for her to surreptitiously get her hands on the cash Jack promised him, and to do it in a manner that gets him out of her hair.

I hear what you're saying, but that's the Genoa City default, male or female, father or mother, barista or bartender excuse.  "Not my fault".  Phyllis, just the other day, buried Diane in vague descriptions of horror but neglected to mention her own, even the crap she's pulled specific to Diane's return.  Nikki does the same, as does Ashley, as does Victor, as does Lauren, as does Nick, as does Sharon as does Devon as does......... and on and on it goes.

JMHO, but at least Diane does it without my fearing I'll end up with rabies transmitted through the tv screen, unlike when Phyllis lets loose, stutterbarking, spittle and all.

Straitjackets for everyone!  In holiday colors!!

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • Applause 8

Sorry but those scenes with Danny and the Seniors (older posters may get my "hopping" on that name for them) were just cringeworthy. It seemed forced by the actors and IMO their lines might have been pulled out of some cornball cliches book the MWT's keep in their bathrooms. And the singing? I was embarrassed for them, and at myself for watching. Chloe and Sally look liked they were dressed to attend a Renaissance Fair, with Sally being the "damsel in distress," while Chloe played her faithful page. I kept expecting one of them to whip out one of those big turkey legs, and start chomping away! Oh, and why does it follow that having a baby (if pregnant) would be Sally's only option?  Good job, Billy, of "saving Chelsea's life" to ruin your own relationship with Lily. What is it they tell everyone before the flight? Put on your own oxygen mask before trying to put one on anyone else? The synopsis for the New Year...Lily so gutted, she couldn't even fake cry, the possibility of Jack and Diane becoming another "power" couple in Genoa City like Nikki and Grampire, had me so disgusted that all I could think when I saw Adam drinking alone was, "Move over, buddy, I'm just as disgusted with all these idiots, as you. Bartender, make it a double for me too." 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Sorry but those scenes with Danny and the Seniors (older posters may get my "hopping" on that name for them) were just cringeworthy. It seemed forced by the actors and IMO their lines might have been pulled out of some cornball cliches book the MWT's keep in their bathrooms. And the singing? I was embarrassed for them, and at myself for watching. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

In the scenes from next week, The Bug and OMGITSDANNYROMALOTTI!!! appear together and - well, him at least - have kind words for each other. Michael Damien was never a poweractor or anything, but nepobaby Lauralee Bell has only one mode of acting: FUCKING EXASPERATED. 🙄 I'm truly hoping that neither stay around for long at all.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Wow, I didn't think we'd ever see the hotel lobby set again.

Those eggs Connor and Chelsea were using looked plastic to me. Eggs are rather expensive now so I doubt this cheap show would've had real ones as props.

NO CONNOR! BILLY IS NOT COOL! He is the antithesis of cool. Get that crazy notion out of your head. Gah.

I cannot with Billy. There needs to be one of those crowdfunding projects set up to hire a hitman to murder his stupid a$$. DTMFA, Lily! Stop letting him disrespect you like this.

Traci was absolutely beaming in those scenes with Danny.

"Billy made Mom smile." OMG, Connor. Rey made her smile too and look what happened to him. Oh, wait...

Meh, surely Stark didn't expect Diane to admit she snitched on him, and certainly not to his face.

Thank goodness for small favors. Nick only got a peck on the cheek instead of a NYE romp in sack with Sally.

Sally, Chloe is last person you wanted to tell about your condition. Her advice will not be objective. Her fashion sense isn't reliable either. 🙀

"Take some time apart." Pshht. Lily, the only thing needing to be taken apart is Billy. After which the pieces of him would be taken by submarine and dropped in the Mariana Trench.

A mention of Paul being off on a ski trip with Christine. Hmmm. Wonder if the writers will have him disappear in an avalanche, lol?

And that's a wrap for 2022 on Y&R! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

A mention of Paul being off on a ski trip with Christine. Hmmm. Wonder if the writers will have him disappear in an avalanche, lol?

They can show him going to heaven to see his Mother Mary and her sauerkraut. His brother the priest can do his funeral. Lauren, Danny and Traci can sing at the funeral. This is really the perfect time for him to die.

I hardly watch the show, but I watched the Danny and the Seniors reunion. I know they did this for the 50th anniversary, and I couldn't have been the only young fan of this cheesy storyline back in the day. Michael's gray hair was jarring(better than black dye though.  I think Traci and Lauren made up, but Traci should've still socked Lauren in the nose for the bullying.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

It was so magnanimous of smarmy Banana Boy to agree to honor Sally’s wishes and GTFO. So gallant is our hero that he doesn’t even reveal to Sally that it’s his birthday, lest she try to put on a brave face. Lucky Sharon got to celebrate the day Nikki let the ape escape. Nick trying to sell his relationship with Sally as super awesome and fun was somehow less convincing than Connor’s declaration that Billy is cool.

Lily, take my advice. If you love a Buttbiscuit, set it free. If ‘twas meant to be, it will slime its way back into your life during a time of acute emotional distress when you’re the most vulnerable.

Jack lurking at the restaurant had all the subtlety of the transition from Sally’s “it’s complicated” scene to an Adam scene. And so much grimacing! There better be some Phyllis implosions, otherwise I’m not here for Jack and Diane attempting another ill-fated relationship.

I didn’t care about Danny when he was a big thing decades ago, and, as it turns out, nothing has changed. I’m sure front row seats to one of his concerts are really hard to get. 🙄 Oh well, at least Tracy was happy, though I was a little uncomfortable with Lauren razzing her.

Chloe, stop pumping Nick’s tires all the time. If he’s so fucking great, find a drop cloth and have yourself a banana split. His children may be cute, but they eventually develop into, well, turds. We’ve all watched Summer over the years. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I wonder if Nick and Adam will get into a WTD battle only to have Sally miscarry. I would prefer that. Just don't want yet another baby in the mix that everyone fights over and then neglects.

I would prefer a miscarry over anything otherwise (shockingly) I want it to be Nick's. I just want Adam TF out of this storyline and away from both Sally and Nick. I don't want him to have to be tied to her trifling ass forever. Spending the rest of his life worried that she'll turn around and boink his brother over the smallest inconvenience isn't what I want for him. Let Sally and Nick find out the hard way how ill-suited they are for each other. You break it you bought it. Besides I don't think it would be prudent to keep MG and CH in scenes together as i don't see their IRL relationship lasting that long.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
38 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

It was so magnanimous of smarmy Banana Boy to agree to honor Sally’s wishes and GTFO. So gallant is our hero that he doesn’t even reveal to Sally that it’s his birthday, lest she try to put on a brave face. Lucky Sharon got to celebrate the day Nikki let the ape escape. Nick trying to sell his relationship with Sally as super awesome and fun was somehow less convincing than Connor’s declaration that Billy is cool.

Lily, take my advice. If you love a Buttbiscuit, set it free. If ‘twas meant to be, it will slime its way back into your life during a time of acute emotional distress when you’re the most vulnerable.

Jack lurking at the restaurant had all the subtlety of the transition from Sally’s “it’s complicated” scene to an Adam scene. And so much grimacing! There better be some Phyllis implosions, otherwise I’m not here for Jack and Diane attempting another ill-fated relationship.

I didn’t care about Danny when he was a big thing decades ago, and, as it turns out, nothing has changed. I’m sure front row seats to one of his concerts are really hard to get. 🙄 Oh well, at least Tracy was happy, though I was a little uncomfortable with Lauren razzing her.

Chloe, stop pumping Nick’s tires all the time. If he’s so fucking great, find a drop cloth and have yourself a banana split. His children may be cute, but they eventually develop into, well, turds. We’ve all watched Summer over the years. 

Chloe needs to get LAID with a capital L. She's been needing someone to put it down on her since she started hyper-fixating on Adam again. Kevin needs to step up his game.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 6
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

So gallant is our hero that he doesn’t even reveal to Sally that it’s his birthday, lest she try to put on a brave face. 

😆😆😆 What a mature birthday boy he is. 🎂🎂🎂

34 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

I would prefer a miscarry over anything otherwise (shockingly) I want it to be Nick's. 

The only problem with that is that Nick and Sally would bond over the loss and intentionally have a baby.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

😆😆😆 What a mature birthday boy he is. 🎂🎂🎂

The only problem with that is that Nick and Sally would bond over the loss and intentionally have a baby.

Whoops sorry Ms.Malin I should clarify, I mean miscarry Adam's child or have Nick's child.

• Like 5

I had looked forward to seeing Danny return to GC. Wow. We’ve all aged but he’s looking rough. The singing on NYE was terrible by all of them but especially the one who’s supposed to be an entertainer extraordinaire. Lauren’s dress was less than flattering. She’s beyond the age to wear sleeveless dresses. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Chloe knows Banana Breath a long time so she must know his past history. As far as I know there is no love lost between them but Chloe is still pushing Banana Breath because he’s not Adam.  Ok we know Chloe hates Adam, but enough is enough.  Please Chloe put some acorns in your cheeks and STFU. 

It looks like the lobby of the Grand Albatross is still intact. It actually looks more crowded than the Glam Club (Lame Name).  

When Sally told Chloe it could be Adam’s baby, she turned as green as her breast plate.  So it’s ok that Sally is pregnant by Banana Breath because he makes beautiful babies?  Like that’s the only criterion because brains are not required. 

Nice try but no cigar Diane. I don’t think Stark was buying what you were selling.  It looks like Jack, though, wants to make a purchase. 

Why did they cut Michael’s hair? And not cut Harrison’s hair?

Quick comment on next week:  it looks like the selfish self centered snowflake returns. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Well, well, well. We got some folks here putting the idea of a Nick/Sally child out into the universe. Why stop there? Let’s ride this clown car right over a cliff! Perhaps Summer can fall into bed with Billy again and pop out a little croissant. I can see it now…

0F9974BA-A16D-4470-A27A-F92EAD2E84D0.jpeg

• Wink 1
  • LOL 20

I'm wondering---does anybody think anyone from the show reads our posts?

I don't think so.if they do, they might think we think Phyllis its the person we love to hate, Like JR from Dallas.  If so,they are wrong. Producers, if you are out there you  WRONG.  we just HATE her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Well, well, well. We got some folks here putting the idea of a Nick/Sally child out into the universe. Why stop there? Let’s ride this clown car right over a cliff! Perhaps Summer can fall into bed with Billy again and pop out a little croissant. I can see it now…

Loool sorry for depositing a Nick/Sally baby into the ether Ninja. Just looking for any possible way for this "triangle" of death to be over with. Dignity is all but lost now. Let the clown car careen....

Edited by slayer2
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Oh my God, yessss!

• LOL 8

Chelsea was absolutely right.  Billy *can* be cool...when he's played by a different actor.

Wow, this writer is recycling his own story now.  Chloe will convince Sally to lie to Adam about the baby's paternity, just like she did to Chelsea when Conor was born.

Michael was funny, inquiring about his long-lost kidney.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

That reminds me but has old Nickyboy and his evil father found out yet that their precious Summer tumbled with Billy yet?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

That reminds me but has old Nickyboy and his evil father found out yet that their precious Summer tumbled with Billy yet?

Nope, because if they did Billy would be dead or permanently disappeared. The only people who know about it are Summer, Kyle, Phyllis, Lily, and Billy.

Wow, this writer is recycling his own story now.  Chloe will convince Sally to lie to Adam about the baby's paternity, just like she did to Chelsea when Conor was born.

Yikes, I had forgotten about that. Right now I think it's a toss up who'll be trying hardest to keep Adam from that baby, Chloe or Nick. But this time Adam will have the benefit of history and he'll know to expect them to work against him.

Just don't want yet another baby in the mix that everyone fights over and then neglects.

See I don't think there will be much fighting unless Adam is completely obtuse. He knows what Nick did to him wrt Christian, and if he doesn't know about the stuff Nick pulled over Summer's paternity I'm sure Jack will tell him. Chloe's pretty much a book he's already read. The big question I think is what Sally will do. IMO if she cares about what's best for the baby she won't start their life out based on a lie.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Traci was absolutely beaming in those scenes with Danny.

I was thinking how nice it would be for them to be a couple.  And then Lauren had to ruin it with making fun of her as the leader of the fan club just like she used to do in the old days.  Some things never change.

Nick fell for the 'I've got the flu that's going around' story pretty hard.  Wow! A heating pad?  Yet Sally is still dressed in her boogie down clothes.  Anybody else out there who doesn't put on comfy jams and crawl under a warm blanket when they're sick?

And enough (bad) can not be said about Chloe's...whatever that was.  (Breastplate is closest, Waldo).  I missed most of the whattodoifyou'repreggers  conversation because I was trying to figure out what the rest of that costume would be.  A helmet with horns?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13

OMG....how great Y&R used to be, this retrospective has me in tears. The costumes, the sets, the character's campy lines and attitudes. It has taken me right back to when I had the priviledge of meeting "Katherine Chancellor" (Jeanne Cooper) at the 1984 New Orleans' World Fair. IMO, this episode is everything any soap should still should aspire to be.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

What a catch-up today's repeat from 10/2/1991 was, and how impossibly young looking "Jack" and "Victor" and "Neil" were - all the old characters that I'd forgotten about, and I almost didn't recognize Heather Tom as "Victoria" - well, those were the days, weren't they.

What a catch-up today's repeat from 10/2/1991 was, and how impossibly young looking "Jack" and "Victor" and "Neil" were - all the old characters that I'd forgotten about, and I almost didn't recognize Heather Tom as "Victoria" - well, those were the days, weren't they.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, gingerella said:

But what was the deal with Traci and Danny? They were never er a couple were they?!?

The singing must've been a tribute to when Lauren and Traci were involved with Danny's concerts. I googled and got reminded of Gina, Danny's sister. And that was Rex, their father, with Katherine on the old Friday show.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

That entire Aukd Lang Syne scene was the definition of cringe! But what was the deal with Traci and Danny? They were never er a couple were they?!?

They were married.  Traci was kind of an obsessed fan, but then she and Danny became close friends and she sang in his band.   Traci started dating one of her professors, but she found out that he was a garbage dick who slept with lots of students. She tried to kill herself by sticking her head in an oven, but Cricket found her and saved her with an assist from Danny.  Then Traci found out she was pregnant with the prof's baby, and Danny married her so the baby would have a father.  She ended up losing that baby when a jealous Patty tripped her and she fell down some steps.

50 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Am I remembering that Jeanne Cooper wanted a face lift and had the producers make it a story line so not only didn't have to pay for it,she actually got paid for it? Or am I thinking of another show?

I don't know who paid for the surgery, but JC did have an actual face lift on the show. 

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 8
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

They were married.  Traci was kind of an obsessed fan, but then she and Danny became close friends and she sang in his band.   Traci started dating one of her professors, but she found out that he was a garbage dick who slept with lots of students. She tried to kill herself by sticking her head in an oven, but Cricket found her and saved her with an assist from Danny.  Then Traci found out she was pregnant with the prof's baby, and Danny married her so the baby would have a father.  She ended up losing that baby when a jealous Patty tripped her and she fell down some steps.

Sweet Baby Bejeezus! I was NOT expecting an explanation like that! Whoa. Did Beth Maitlin play her way back then? Dare I ask how they broke up on the show? I ask with the understanding that any reply here will be heaps better than the actual current shit show. 

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7

Well, this year really ended on a dud.  Not a lot of hope that it won't carry over to 2023, either.  Which is especially disappointing because the show isn't complete crap- there were episodes this year that were ridiculously good, so enjoyable that I didn't want them to end.  

In terms Victor would appreciate, can we just take 2022 and flush it?  

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

JC did have an actual face lift on the show. 

Prior to the surgery they would show Mrs. C pulling back her cheeks and taping them up under her hair and obsessing over her looks in the mirror. Then they showed the actual fucking surgery! They had cameras in the operating room and shot the real thing!

7 hours ago, gingerella said:

Did Beth Maitlin play her way back then?

Yes. She's our one and only Traci. Hey Snaporaz, IIRC Traci and Danny never consummated their marriage, did they?

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I’m finally up-to-date but missed the 1991 ep.

Michael Damian does look rough and having a dyed beard didn’t help. You could see his son had more grey hairs!

You would think male actors would know by now that grey can be sexy. I’ve known this since I saw Richard Gere in Internal Affairs, circa 1990.

Case and point, Michael looked fabulous in his suit and new haircut!

I hoped against hope that Sally’s test would come back negative and was, as always, bitterly disappointed (sigh).

I always enjoy the Adam/Jack scenes and liked that A. is worried about Jack.

I was enjoying the Diane character, but the constant fighting and ridiculous shenanigans are doing me in. Diane should’ve had her own storylines w/ Allie and whoever, a love interest and a job away from the Abbotts. It’s not as if the actress couldn’t be interesting on her own.

Happy New Year everyone! 💫

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

And Genoai Cty didn't run him out of town?

It was even worse.  Daniel was happily settled far away from his Mommie Dearest, down in Savannah, Georgia, I believe, and Show had comatose Phyllis shipped down to a clinic where he lived.  He was stuck with her, on his own.  

I think they shipped her USPS, book rate.

I hope, though, that while she was comatose, Daniel took the time, when he stopped by to see her, to do her up in clown makeup, a rubber nose and big shoes.  I hope that at least got SOME packback for her ruining his life, no matter how petty.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

Traci is the most under-fucked character in the history of GC! Girl needs some lovin'!

Well they tried to put Cane on her but the d-bag actor seemed to think the pairing would be bad for his brand. So YR told him where he could stick it and now, 2+ years later, he's still unemployed (according to IMDb). But hey, his precious brand is unsullied. Ugh.

Happy New Year, Preverts! Have fun and be safe.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 10
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

I hope the baby is Adam’s and it brings Adam and Sally back together as that was the purpose of (soap) babies in the old days.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Well they tried to put Cane on her but the d-bag actor seemed to think the pairing would be bad for his brand. So YR told him where he could stick it and now, 2+ years later, he's still unemployed (according to IMDb). But hey, his precious brand is unsullied. Ugh.

Happy New Year, Preverts! Have fun and be safe.

Screw him! He would have been blessed to be paired with a legacy character. I remember hearing he had a social media page whining about getting his job back. Guess his two followers didn’t have any luck bringing him back. 
Happy New Year!

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Animated GIF

Chance is getting the Adam Newman treatment I guess. JG really has something against hot looking men or what?

1 hour ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Too bad Traci could’ve ✍️ a happy ending for Cane… 🐳 on the actor. 

I was shipping Cane and Traci hard. I'm disappointed to hear that the actor behaved that way. I would have loved to see Traci front and centre again.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

Sweet Jesus, Traci is the most under-fucked character in the history of GC! Girl needs some lovin'!

A soap opera presenting a not skinny woman as desirable, sexually active and worthy of being romanced is a rare sighting indeed. As a plus sizer, I’m pretty sure my role in life is comic relief and being the “talk to” for people actually in a relationship. At least according to the daytime dramas I grew up watching.

I must say though, Traci dodged a pasty, whispering, liver-lipped bullet not getting involved with Cane. He rivals Nick and Billy in dickheadedness.

4 hours ago, boes said:

I think they shipped her USPS, book rate.

I think Summer left Phyllis on Daniel’s front step, knocked and ran like hell. Imagine his disappointment when he discovered kids hadn’t delivered a bag of flaming dogshit.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1