Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

The Dark Knight, Billy?  More like Dork Night.

Lmao, Does anyone know what Batman did to Josh Griffith & co.  to deserve the utter slander of being compared to spoiled, petulant, forever fuck-up like Billy Abbott? Because even when Batman/Bruce Wayne is in his persona of nonchalant rich playboy he has more likability, dignity, & honor than Buttbiscuit's entire characterization.  

See Billy? That's how you pretend to be an asshole. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

Once again a familiar face pops up if you watch NCIS reruns. This time it’s Tessa’s little sister Crystal (Morgan Obenreder). 

I wish they would bring her back for the wedding but as with Allie, keep them away from Noah. 

• Love 10

A few weeks ago when Billy started talking to himself, I’d just mute the TV. Now I change the channel. I know I’m not missing a thing anyway but that nonsense of the podcast for this icky man is just too much.

• Love 21

I have a confession to make. I haven't been making fun of ButtBilly's podcasts because, well, I've been fast forwarding through them since they began. Yesterday my DVR didn't record the show, probably because it has AI and knew I'd be annoyed AF so it didn't record. I had to watch via On Demand, which does not allow you to f/f. So...yeah...this podcast shit is UNBELIEVABLE! It is perhaps the single stupidest thing these morons have ever had the cajones to throw at us. Who gives even half shit or one micron of fucks about what's rolling around in Nostril's brain cavity? Clearly none of us, are there other viewers out here walking freely amongst us who think this shite is entertaining or dare I say it, good story telling? Jesus H. Christ on a cracker! HORRIBLE, AWFUL, STUPID. Gah! How difficult is it to write dialogue and story lines for a soap opera FFS?! Any of us could do a better job, and these morons are getting paid, and likely paid handsomely at that. Fuck this shit.

Also, why does nobody in Family Abbott ever mention Abby and her part time baby s(t)itch? Hee, see what I did there? There was an actual interesting plot line in that there story arc, but nope, can't have that! Gotta drop that like it's hot. But the every tight Abbott Clan has not made one appearance or uttered one word of concern over Darvon trying to take TaterTot from one of their own? What the everloving fuck, People?!?

• Love 22
45 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Also, why does nobody in Family Abbott ever mention Abby and her part time baby s(t)itch? Hee, see what I did there? There was an actual interesting plot line in that there story arc, but nope, can't have that! Gotta drop that like it's hot. But the every tight Abbott Clan has not made one appearance or uttered one word of concern over Darvon trying to take TaterTot from one of their own? What the everloving fuck, People?!?

I have noticed the lack of baby Dom story and while it pisses me off immensely that they just dropped it, I am just as happy, if not more, that it's not on any more. (And it was such a relief that it was gone I didn't want to say anything and jinx it! God forbid they pick it up again.) It was a crapfest of a disaster. It is so beyond weird that Ashley and the other Abbots and even Buttbiscuit weren't involved or weren't representing Team Abby. The same goes for Abby's father Victor and even Nikki. But there was so much wrong with that story I wouldn't even know how to rank all of the ridiculousness of each and every facet. And while no one could imagine that they'd write something worse than that, they have given us the podcast story line.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 23

This podcast thing. Are there people listening or is Billy just recording himself like a diary? Either way it’s soooooo dumb. I like the confrontation scene with Victor & Adam. Victor didn’t mind the idea but Adam did go over his head but damn $500,000,000 seems a bit excessive doesn’t it? LOL!!!

Random thought. I know Eric Braden is 81 now. He looks great but I do think it’s hysterical that he always rushes into a scene and immediately jumps in a chair with his coat on. I can’t recall the last time he stood around in a suit and tie like the old days. That said, I don’t blame him since I’ve been working from home the past 2 years and I live in sweatpants (the classier term is lounge wear) and, a respectable top for those unfortunate Zoom calls. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 12

They may want to keep Ashland around and give him his own story aside from Victoria. Since Eric B is 81 - the show needs another villain that can charm when needed. And be a good foil for Newman Enterprises. Prize could be a Cracker Jack trophy.

Ashland/Adam could make for an interesting rivalry. I am discounting Victoria - she is too brittle to make things any fun. Although she and Adam could make peace and go up against Ashland together. That might be a winning combination. For years. Sadly, Jack’s weeping and hand-wringing have kind of ruined him as a tough businessman.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, Kemper said:

the show needs another villain that can charm when needed.

I haven't seen Pillsbury Asshat exhibit one iota of charm. Although Ray Wise's character Ian Ward was a loose cannon, he sure exhibited a ton of charm. I'd love to have him come back to town, but I don't think that character could fit the role you're suggesting.

Yeah, I've noticed EB is always seated. I figure he must have some serious joint injuries from all that soccer. I can make allowances for that, but I just wish he'd at least make an attempt to annunciate. I can't watch his scenes without closed captioning.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

Yeah, I've noticed EB is always seated. I figure he must have some serious joint injuries from all that soccer. I can make allowances for that, but I just wish he'd make at least make an attempt to annunciate. I can't watch his scenes without closed captioning.

Right?!? That scene where he yells at Adam? I actually started laughing out loud because it was so funny. He couldn't get the entire diatribe out without slurring words into one another and I'd feel a bit sorry for him except that it's EB and he's basically one and the same with Pricktor so, yanno, no sympathy from this viewer, sorry! I've not a square to spare. If he had any sense he'd have retired 5 years ago. Now? He looks like a sad sack rich old dude, with the protruding gut that he thinks we can't see because he's hiding behind his Black T-Shirt of Virility. Newsflash PeePaw: We can see your gut, you aint foolin' nobody round here! He's just sort of narcissistic and I don't think EB will ever retire willingly from this role because he doesn't see how foolish he's become. If you can't deliver your lines without slurring them into one another then maybe it's time to hang it up.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 4/16/2022 at 3:00 PM, gingerella said:

See, now you've made me sad about the whole Return of Stitch. I'm so mad that they made him a freaking psycho mess for no reason, and now? *poof* We get bipolar klepto arsonist Sharon until eternity (my apologies to Sharon Case because I've loved her since she rolled onscreen), but we don't get good-looking Stitch except for a nanosecond? 
/sobs

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

This podcast thing. Are there people listening or is Billy just recording himself like a diary? Either way it’s soooooo dumb. I like the confrontation scene with Victor & Adam. Victor didn’t mind the idea but Adam did go over his head but damn $500,000,000 seems a bit excessive doesn’t it? LOL!!!

Random thought. I know Eric Braden is 81 now. He looks great but I do think it’s hysterical that he always rushes into a scene and immediately jumps in a chair with his coat on. I can’t recall the last time he stood around in a suit and tie like the old days. That said, I don’t blame him since I’ve been working from home the past 2 years and I live in sweatpants (the classier term is lounge wear) and, a respectable top for those unfortunate Zoom calls. LOL!!!!!

Adam picked the $500 million figure to make the point that Victoria could use the $500 million she won from her lawsuit against Victor to pay her way out of the mess she created.  You have to love Adam for that!

As for sweatpants/loung wear, I learned on Project Runway that it's now called "athleisure".  Danke schön, Heidi Klum.  You're lucky you're so pretty!

Whether it's Easter or Passover for you, or both, or neither, I hope you all had a happy one!  I'm currently in a Peeps coma, which is way more enjoyable than the coma induced by Billy's podcast.

2096347-bigthumbnail.jpg

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18

#1 - Why did Diane Jenkins check into the Gloomy Peapod? Aside from the stupidity, it is not cute or funny or intriguing.

#2 - Am I supposed to care if Pillsbury Asshat got his heart broken? Does anyone, viewers or characters on the show, care? Ooooh mop, is this your revenge? I don't even think Pillsbury Asshat cares.

• Love 19

Wasn't Victor raised in an orphanage? So how does that allow him to be the ultimate definer of his children's motivations for their family and sibling rivalries? Per Nikki, Victoria pulled off "the performance of a lifetime" to get Ashland on board with the buyout. So sorry I missed it.  Phyllis keeps coming off looking worse than Diane with her histrionics. I guess the MWT have to make it look like Jack and Phyllis reunite after a hard fought battle for their love with Diane.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Phyllis? Who do you think you are going to Diane’s room and threatening her? Frankly, even if Jack is your friend, this is none of your damn business. Please do shut up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

If I was Adam, I'd go over everything from the Locke side of the company with a fine tooth comb to make sure that none of the acquisitions have any hidden financial bombs or Trojan horses that would cripple Newman as a whole. I could also see Locke laying booby traps/bombs within the company that can be hidden when he's in charge but he can trigger them/set them off (makes a call to SEC or FTC with tips on what to look for) when he's not in charge to ensure that the Newmans deal with the fallout.  I just don't trust that Ashland wasn't trying to offload debt or pull some other shady mess by uniting Newman and Locke with the Locke side of things spreading the rot to Newman if he's pushed out.  So his plan to be co-CEO failed, he can use that to his advantage and as leverage to force them to dynamite him out with a sizable payoff. He relents on taking the payoff because he's 'tired' of the games but he also tries to get Victoria to go with him because he has grown fond of her but he also doesn't want her to be holding the bag for whatever SEC or FTC violations are about to hit Newman Enterprises - Adam gets to be holding the bag on that one. Either way, Ashland gets away with more money and his hands clean of whatever befalls the company as he disappears into the night.

The only thing/twist I can see keeping Ashland around is if Victoria is pregnant with his true biological heir or he somehow has a shot at running N/L free and clear and in no financial or legal trouble and no interference from the Newmans.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13

Rodan the Petty can actually turn my stomach just from hearing her voice. I would have loved to see Rodan the Petty enter Diane’s room with her master key since the security bar would keep the door mostly closed.  Big bad Rodan the Petty “advising” that Diana better hide out because Rodan the Petty would be the least of her problems in GC. Rodan the Petty please tell me what could be worse for Diane than listening to you at 🤢🤮 and making your ears bleed. Medusa can turn a person to stone just by looking at them and Rodan the Perry can make a person suicidal just by the sound of her voice.  The more Rodan the Petty berates Diane the more it sounds like Rodan the Petty is talking about herself. All the plotting and conniving Rodan has done herself. The main difference between them is Diane never had dumpster sex. 

Now I can’t believe that Poppin’ Fresh is buying what 🐂💩 Olive is slinging about Nostrils. Nostrils will be happy for Olive?  Let’s get real, being happy about anything is not in Nostrils’ DNA.  If Olive is really going to runaway with Poppin’ Fresh Nostrils would be the least of her worries about seeing her kids. I would be more worried about Victor. The other thing would be that Poppin’ Fresh and Olive would have to live in a cave somewhere, not Tuscany, because Victor’s rathe would be deeply felt if Poppin’ Fresh actually thinks he can have $500 million and an Olive in his martini.  The big flaw in the agreement would be that if Olive really wants to run away with Poppin’ Fresh the annulment would not happen. Olive would have to agree to the annulment since she also has to sign the annulment papers. 

Give me a brake, even selling modest homes, in Beverly Hills, is very lucrative. At worst, Diane would be earning a commission of $30,000 per sale. 

There is a big flaw to the agreement with Poppin’ Fresh. It’s the annulment. Poppin’ Fresh can agree but Olive has to agree also.  Olive, I’m sorry to tell you but your feelings are nothing but ego, ego, ego, superego, and what Freud describes as the ID.   

• Love 8

Nah, I don't see how handing Ashland $500M is considered a win by the Newmans. It's mainly a win for Locke. It's ridiculous even if they can afford it.

Well that didn't take long. Diane hadn't even finished unpacking before Phyllis landed at her door doing her best Queen Xenomorph imitation:

TuwVPto.jpg

That's where Ashland ultimately tripped himself up. No way is Victoria going abandon her children to run away with him, and no way is Billy going to let her take his kids away to live elsewhere. Victor wouldn't stand for it either. Every time someone talks about moving one of TGVN's grandchildren out of GC, he threatens to sue for custody.

If Diane already knew that was Phyllis' hotel, I fail to see how she thought she'd be able to stay there secretly, under the same alias Phyllis already was aware of. 🤔

After everything's that's happened, now Ashland is a total fool for Victoria? Ugh, I'm almost glad RB got fired because I wouldn't have wanted to watch him playing Ashland as a simp. My only hope is that it'll be revealed Locke has been lying from the minute he showed up.

Sigh, this isn't the first time Victoria has had a marriage fall apart. It's not even her worst betrayal by a no-good husband. Snap out of it, woman! (AH can't fake cry to save her life. Yeesh.)

Jack could just fly over to Italy and tell Kyle about Diane before he and Harrison return to GC. Why wait?

Diane better learn to look through the peephole before she swings open her room door. One day it'll be Nikki or Victor standing there and either of them might try to finish the job, ha ha.

Okay, Victoria's about to sic her inner b!tch on Ashland. Too bad she didn't do it before he cost her family $500M.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jack could just fly over to Italy and tell Kyle about Diane before he and Harrison return to GC. Why wait?

Just another aspect of this story line that makes no sense. 

• Love 24
6 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

#1 - Why did Diane Jenkins check into the Gloomy Peapod? Aside from the stupidity, it is not cute or funny or intriguing.

I was expecting Phyllis to bar the door so Diane couldn't leave her room.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
On 4/4/2022 at 10:52 PM, Kimboweena said:

So, who's going to replace Rey as Chance's partner?  I have some ideas.

Ms. Cookie raising hand here.

Maura West was YR-? She is on GH and sh'e's the best female on the show, bar none.  vote for best looking man on GH-Valentine.

I'm STILL having trouble withe all the blondes  and their ever-changing hair styles. Nicki's cracked me up today.

No egregious  fashions lately. 

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Maura West was YR-?

Yes, she was miscast and wasted as Diane Jenkins. She was too young for the role, they had her sleeping with Nick, and then they killed her.

And just in time for Easter, they brought Diane Jenkins back from the dead with Diane #2, the second actress in the role prior to Maura West.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

So instead of merging the two companies, Newman acquired Locke for $500 million, right?  They paid Ashland to walk away, but they're keeping his assets.  Or am I totally misunderstanding this, because it's being played like he took a bribe, which is partially true, but I don't remember anyone offering to undo the merger.  Victor never liked the name change, so I'm going to guess it will be just plain old Newman Enterprises again very soon.

8 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Phyllis? Who do you think you are going to Diane’s room and threatening her? Frankly, even if Jack is your friend, this is none of your damn business. Please do shut up.

Well, in all fairness, Phyllis has her own history with Diane.  Plus, their children are married.  While I still think Diane is the lesser evil here, Phyllis does have some skin in this game.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 4/15/2022 at 9:26 PM, Waldo13 said:

Did Tessa just come down 1/64th of her lofty perch in my eyes calling Chelsea “our fabulous designer? 

Mariah won't be happy with Chelsea being their designer if Chelsea takes Rey away from her mom, Sharon.

Edited by Kimboweena
Clarifying
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, boes said:

It's more than rich that Victor Newman makes such a to-do about his family when he changed his name from Perwinkle Puffnstuff to TGVN.  For that alone, I want Ashland aka Johnny Angel to win.

I do really get a kick out the absolute over the top rebranding Victor did.  Given his self image (hell, EB too probably), we were probably THIS close to him naming himself Victor Sexyman.  

• LOL 17

Had to laugh when Nikki was comforting Victoria and said something to the effect that Victoria couldn't possibly have known Ashland would lie about his illness and other things because "he is a psychopath!".  My immediate thought was that Nikki obviously knows what she is talking about because she is married to one herself.....

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Stpauliegirl said:

My immediate thought was that Nikki obviously knows what she is talking about because she is married to one herself.....

And let’s not discount her own self.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Had to laugh when Nikki was comforting Victoria and said something to the effect that Victoria couldn't possibly have known Ashland would lie about his illness and other things because "he is a psychopath!".  My immediate thought was that Nikki obviously knows what she is talking about because she is married to one herself.....

She actually said "sociopath". TGVN is more of a Grandiose Narcissist.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I had to laugh when TGVN told Adam to have some compassion. Does TGVN even know what compassion is?

I think we all know that mop wasn't responsible for the car accident or any deaths that may result. We all know it was Conner. I've seen movies about children like him. I'm just surprised that it has taken this long for his demonic powers to surface. Now he just needs to learn how to control them. Rey Rey shouldn't have left those tickets in his other jacket.

• LOL 14

Is Rey actor going off the show? I had a thought that Sharon took Rey's tickets so he doesn't go to Chicago with Chelsea. And now I think Vikki hit him and he will die. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Is Rey actor going off the show? I had a thought that Sharon took Rey's tickets so he doesn't go to Chicago with Chelsea. And now I think Vikki hit him and he will die. 

Spoiler

That's what the spoilers say.

• Love 9

I believe that Olive not only is lying to Poppin’ Fresh but she’s also lying to herself because like with Nostrils, she still has feelings for Poppin’ Fresh.  Even after Poppin’ Fresh complete confession to lies and deception he tells Olive that he loves her. Olive eyes are red and full of tears but her ego still makes her believe that Poppin’ Fresh is truly in love with her.  Beside I’m not buying that Tara cheating and Harrison not being his son was all that devastating to him. I believe they were more property to him than wife and child. I always got the feeling that Poppin’ Fresh was having affairs of his own.  I also have the feeling that Poppin’ Fresh’s last ditch effort was to take retribution against the family by luring Olive away from them. To him that could have been more satisfying than taking total control of N/L. 

Chelsea you are a real ass hat. You won Rey the Chin for the evening but did you have to rub it in Sharon’s face by keep asking her if she was alright with Rey the Chin being with her and Connor especially overnight. 

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

That fashion maven has on done it again one pumpkin skit and red sweater. doesnt' she have a mirror?

You're killing me with those nicknames

I love them. Have been calling my cat Butt Biscuit 

• LOL 13

AFAIC that opening scene could only have been better if Victoria had kicked Ashland in the junk. 😏

I just don't know how Sharon can be okay with Ray going on an overnight trip with another woman, especially Chelsea. Wonder what the sleeping arrangements will be? Will Rey be in his own room or will he be bunking with Connor?

So what did Ashland get in the merger with NE? Technically he owned half of Newman/Locke but that was all just on paper apparently. Sounds like a bad deal to me unless he had a sure way to get rid of Victoria. Otherwise, wouldn't the Newmans have had to pay him if he'd wanted to cash out his half? Presumably that would've cost them a lot more than $500M so I don't know why Ashland didn't go that route. Although $500M is nothing to sniff at, I think he sold himself for cheap.

Oy, Chelsea, you really should've left well enough alone. Challenging Sharon on her security in her marriage was a wannabe sidepiece move IMO. This is not a "game recognize game" moment.

Pshht, why should Victoria care about Ashland now feeling lost and aimless? He's got a half billion of her family's money to help him figure it out. And there are plenty of bimbos out there who'll be more than happy to "comfort" him.

Chelsea was getting awfully handsy with Rey, and right in front of Sharon. She is utter trash.

I get why Victoria destroyed that painting: Ashland had made a big deal of having it commissioned for her as a gift. But there must be some major psychological damage involved in effectively stabbing a portrait of yourself. Yikes.

Adam's being rather cocky about Victoria's loss. Hmm, what could possibly go wrong? 🤔

Rey must've been speeding for a meet cute between his car and Victoria's, right? Unless it was Sally who ran into Victoria. 😒

Hopefully the annulment of Victoria and Ashland's marriage has been finalized or the Newmans will be dealing with him as Victoria's emergency contact. Theoretically, he'll be able to call the shots in her treatment if she ends up with critical injuries. Pray she doesn't get amnesia, particularly since B&B is about to pull that crap.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, xls said:

"We all just shattered Victoria's whole world; wanna go grab something to eat?"🤣

I liked Adam's response ... "thanks for the invitation, but I have work to do".  Nikki & Victor were probably just planning to dine with Nick with no invitation to Adam offered.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I liked Sharon's look today.

image.png.71b864398e02e553a94f5bf0a87f99c8.png

Nikki is looking rough.

image.png.6ed7398389df262266606596ec07b63c.png

Pleased that the women had real clothing on today, away form the one-shoulder\ disco\hooker\zipper-down-the-butt look.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

If I remember correctly about 2 lies ago, Victoria told Pillsbury, "No more lies" while he was knowingly faking his cancer. How could this gaslighting buffoon believe he loved any one who was virtually clueless about who he really was? And their love for him was real, when it was all based on a pack of lies? I hate to say this, but Pillsbury almost makes Billy look like a stand up guy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9