Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Back in the NY Groove

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do you guys ever wonder how much appearing on the show affects their decisions and actions?

That's a cool thought experiment - I wonder if Ramona would still be married if she'd never done RHoNY?

I would love to know how different these past 12 years would have been for Lu if she had not been a RHoNYC.

One constant, show or no show - Luann would've fucked a pirate ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, film noire said:

That's a cool thought experiment - I wonder if Ramona would still be married if she'd never done RHoNY?

I'm afraid that Mario has always had a wandering eye.  I think he would've cheated on her no matter what, and I believe that Ramona would've divorced him show or no show.  I understand why a lot of people don't like her, but I really do think that he hurt her very deeply and she is crying out (more than usual) for the attention he took away from her.  She's a nut, but I'm glad she's on this show!  

1 hour ago, film noire said:

One constant, show or no show - Luann would've fucked a pirate ; )

You can take that to the bank!!

• Love 10

Dorinda seems jealous of Tinsley imo. She’s kind of like Sonja when it comes to Tinsley. Sonja couldn’t even hide her amused smile when Dorinda and Tinseley were arguing. Lol I even thought Bethenny was kind of jealous of Tinseley to be honest too in her own way lol. I hope I’m not spelling T’s name wrong lol

• Love 15
On 4/6/2020 at 2:42 PM, ChitChat said:

Apparently Dorinda thinks that in order to get to know Tinsley, she has to disclose everything about her life, down to the smallest details.  Dorinda needs to realize that not everybody wants to share every detail of their lives, even with friends in some cases.  If she really wants to be a friend to Tinsley, then she needs to accept that olive branch on Tinsley's terms - which seems reasonable to me!!  Tinsley was trying to be rational with her, but as usual, Dorinda went off the rails.   

She could've easily made those comments without slut shaming Tinsley.  And course, this is the second time she's slut shamed a member of the show.  One could argue she is most definitely right about Sonja!  But still, it's not a good look to accuse someone that's always had money of fucking her way to a fancy lifestyle when she openly talked about how much she loves Johns...dry cleaning.

• Love 12

I did think it was funny that when Tins was talking about her new man, she mentioned how great it was that he already had kids so she could basically mother them but "give them back."  And then talked about how she's taking everything so slow with this guy!

• Love 3

The jealousy is oozing off Dorinda in regards to Tinsley.  Like, it’s palpable.  Tinsley is old money, classy, young and beautiful.  All qualities Dorinda certainly does not possess.  I’m sad because I used to like her.  It’s very obvious she still has issues with her husband dying and maybe she has other things going on and needs some help, and I feel for her.  I’m just over seeing it on my television screen.

The new girl has an unhealthy relationship with her daughter.  They shouldn’t be best friends, they should be mother and daughter.  The daughter seemed more mature than the mom.

I kind of understood where Lu was coming from when talking to Sonja outside the courtroom.  I mean yes, she was extra as all get out about it, but she did go through something traumatic and the other ladies did kind of sweep it under the rug constantly.  Maybe if they had given her an ounce of acknowledgement that yeah, that sucks, she wouldn’t have felt like she had to validate herself.

I guess I’m a bitch because I didn’t get why Sonja was so broken up about her daughter being at college.  She was at boarding school most of her life, she’s not lived with Sonja day in and day out for a very long time.  I don’t see much difference.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I did think it was funny that when Tins was talking about her new man, she mentioned how great it was that he already had kids so she could basically mother them but "give them back." 

I liked her honesty about it!  As much as Tinsley seems to want to have a baby (I think it's mostly her Mom who wants that), I think she would have a tough adjustment since she's used to living a rather carefree life (no judgment - yay for her!)  Maybe being around a man who has kids gives her a glimpse into the reality of having kids herself.  I think she would be a good mom though.  I just hate seeing her Mom pressure her into giving her grandchildren.   She needs to let Tinsley make that decision for herself.  She doesn't "owe" her mother grandchildren. 

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

The jealousy is oozing off Dorinda in regards to Tinsley.  Like, it’s palpable.  Tinsley is old money, classy, young and beautiful.  All qualities Dorinda certainly does not possess.  I’m sad because I used to like her.  It’s very obvious she still has issues with her husband dying and maybe she has other things going on and needs some help, and I feel for her.  I’m just over seeing it on my television screen.

For me, this sentence works this way:   

Tinsley is old money, classy, nicer, younger and beautiful  skinny.

I do think she's jealous.

I think she uses her dead husband to justify her nasty drunkness and excuse it next day.  As a widow, I understand grieving.  I also understand that life goes on.  If you are still grieving your late husband to the point it impacts other relationships in your life, you def. need help, you should also not be in a relationship with someone you seem to only like for their dry cleaning abilities.  And if you're grieving that much, you shouldn't be using alcohol which is a known depressant.

She's old enough to know better.  But she doesn't want to get better.  She wants to use Richard's death and her great love for him to continue to be an asshole.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I completely agree with you about Tinsley.  She’s not a beauty.  I was just watching a repeat of Beverly Hills, and I realized Dorit is less than a year younger than Tinsley, and I think she’s significantly more attractive in the face, has a roughly similar level body, and they both have great fashion in totally different ways, yet Dorit is never given credit for being any kind of great beauty; she’s just considered kind of an attractive woman.  I don’t get it.  

74CB1798-A251-45F5-9EF8-263B9037B82A.jpeg.1326bd689d95e7b9fdb6921b0a7b20b4.jpeg

Don't know if you're aware, but that's not Dorit's original face. Somebody paid for that.

This is what she looked like before all the facial work:

Untitled-design-9.jpg

Back on topic though--I miss that this show doesn't air on Wednesdays. I time shift most of my viewing by at least 24 hours but this is one show I would always watch right after it aired and my TiVo had tagged all the commercials for Skipmode.

Edited by Rahul
Oops...meant to say Wednesday
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, Rahul said:

Don't know if you're aware, but that's not Dorit's original face. Somebody paid for that.

Yeah, I got that.  This is what I wrote up thread:

On 4/2/2020 at 10:00 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Even Leah’s jail story trumps Luann’s!  I officially like her.  But that mugshot?  She looks like a completely different person now, like Dorit from RHBH, who had a “head transplant.“  

Sure, Dorit’s face and body were paid for, as were Tinsley’s.  I’m not really as concerned about how they got there as much as I’m commenting on the relative levels of current beauty between two, let’s say, “well-cultivated” women of comparable age.

I continue to be surprised that Tinsley gets attention for her beauty, when I think she should get more positive attention for her posture and fashion.  I bought Dorit up as an example of “this is what I think is more beautiful” of a woman of a similar age, not because I think either are runway models.   

I think Tinsley was beautiful 10+ years ago, but I think they all—Ramona, Luann, Sonja, Dorinda and likely Leah—were  “beautiful” at some point in time.  In season 12, it’s my opinion Tinsley has a small, hard face.  That’s the only point I wanted to make with the comparison.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Topical for RHNYC
  • Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, to me, Tinsley's style is dated.  Women sometimes get stuck in the time period they feel they looked their best.  LIsa V., Kyle and LIsa R.  are also like that, imo.   Tinsley seems to have this idealized opinion that she looks best as a child or very young girl.  That's why we see the juvenile outfits.  Some of that style would fly back in the 80's.  I recall wearing it when in college. (And, to be fair some of those styles did return to rear their ugly head within the last few years.) It's almost Sunday school or brides made like.  But, I haven't really followed her since last season.  Maybe, she's evolved. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

In season 12, it’s my opinion Tinsley has a small, hard face.  That’s the only point I wanted to make with the comparison.

Small, hard, long face.  Being that skinny isn't doing her face many favors too.

To me, Tinsley is essentially a skinny blonde.  That's always been her calling card for her life, I think.  She's never been ugly, but in my mind, she's never been beautiful either.  She's very generic, basic looking blonde to me.  Attractive, yes.  

I'm also not really understanding why people think she's so stylish either.  I think she borders on, and sometimes just is, tacky.  The hoops may be her signature style, but they look gaudy.  The hair is too yellow, too long.  The makeup is HEAVY.  

I'm not sure why people keep going with the cast being jealous that she's "young."  She dresses young and of course, 44 is young.  But she's not the spring chicken that she's made out to be on this board.  She just dresses like one and has been dermafilled/botoxed to the point of zero wrinkles.   But I seriously doubt people are jealous of her youth; I think they're jealous of her thinness.

That said, I like her.  She seems very sweet. I hope she throat punches Dorinda.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Rahul said:

Untitled-design-9.jpg

Back on topic though--I miss that this show doesn't air on Wednesdays. I time shift most of my viewing by at least 24 hours but this is one show I would always watch right after it aired and my TiVo had tagged all the commercials for Skipmode.

Hmmm, am I the only one that doesn't see a total face rework other than a nosejob?  Was she in high school then?  Her face looks chubbier but she's also much younger, and obviously her hair is different.  Looks like she had a bit of a unibrow then.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ugh, can we please stop talking about and posting pictures of friggin' Dorit? This isn't the RHOBH thread and she is the main reason I stopped watching RHOBH .  She can't hold a candle to Tinsley, on any level. Dorit is fake as fake can be on the outside and ugly on the inside -- despite signing agreements to return them to the safe, no-kill rescue group, she basically abandoned TWO dogs at kill shelters because she couldn't be bothered to put any effort into training them.

Tinsley, on the other hand, has gotten fully involved in the Yulin cause and is a huge animal lover. That alone makes her a beautiful person.

Apologies if this post comes across as nasty toward fellow posters -- its only supposed to be nasty toward Dorit. Who deserves all the animosity. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 20
(edited)
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm not sure why people keep going with the cast being jealous that she's "young."  She dresses young and of course, 44 is young.  But she's not the spring chicken that she's made out to be on this board. 

I agree with you on that. 44 is not exactly “young” like being a 22 year old. But these ladies are in their 60’s, so being 20 years or so younger I do think they view her as young.  And I do think they are jealous of that, amongst other things.  Dorinda and Sonja in particular.

I didn’t miss Bethany at all.  Good riddance.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, Baltimore Betty said:
On 4/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, jaybird2 said:

details please!!!!  I don't know who he is and I don't remember her last name

Michael Che is a Weekend Update writer/anchor on SNL, he is funny and I am sure dating him would be fun.

I actually googled this because I think Michael Che is hilarious and whoa nelly.....Leah is a bit cray cray.  I also didn’t like how she was trying to talk “street” about him on her podcast (just from the quotes in the article), was a bit offensive.  I’ve never heard of her clothing line, but good for her.

On looks alone I think the all look pretty good.  Dorinda is the roughest of them all to me.  Moner and Sonja both have really great skin.  Luann always looks the best.  I honestly think the only time she looked a bit messy was that time she was drunk and fell in the bushes.  And of course mugshot night.  Other than that, she always looks so effortlessly chic.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

Ugh, can we please stop talking about and posting pictures of friggin' Dorit? This isn't the RHOBH thread and she is the main reason I stopped watching RHOBH .  She can't hold a candle to Tinsley, on any level. Dorit is fake as fake can be on the outside and ugly on the inside -- despite signing agreements to return them to the safe, no-kill rescue group, she basically abandoned TWO dogs at kill shelters because she couldn't be bothered to put any effort into training them.

Tinsley, on the other hand, has gotten fully involved in the Yulin cause and is a huge animal lover. That alone makes her a beautiful person.

Apologies if this post comes across as nasty toward fellow posters -- its only supposed to be nasty toward Dorit. Who deserves all the animosity. 

THANK YOU!!! I cannot stand that phoney-accented, social climbing, dog abusing, money-laundering, plastic-faced, square-tittied asshole Dorit. Beyond her creepy Single White Femaling of Ericka Jane, I hold her personally responsible for completely hijacking RHofBH with her stupidassed petty storylines, and the fact that she helped push my girl LVP off the show. So fuck her and please don’t ever compare her to sweet Tinsley!

Tins has an inner-kindness that only enhances her beauty. I’ll take her style of plastic face any day over the mean girl/ice queen beauty of the BH bitches.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
35 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I agree with you on that. 44 is not exactly “young” like being a 22 year old. But these ladies are in their 60’s, so being 20 years or so younger I do think they view her as young.  And I do think they are jealous of that, amongst other things.  Dorinda and Sonja in particular.

I hope I’m not being too didactic here in pointing out that only one of them (Ramona) is in her 60s.  The others are 54-56, so they are more like 10 years younger than Tinsley.  

I do think you are right in that they are jealous of Tinsley’s comparative youth, though, and the fact that she has money is tied in too.  I don’t care about the handbag lines in Asia—I don’t think the woman had to work a day in her life, whereas the rest of them have had to hustle for at least a part of their lives.

I think, related to Tinsely’s wealth, is that Tinsley isn’t like them, because she’s been very spoiled and pampered.  This is the part about which I sympathize with the co-stars.  Tinsley has lovely manners until she’s drunk or upset, and then she just doesn’t know how to handle it and she falls apart or gets really mean.  I think her co-stars have minimal sympathy for this frail personality when they are, as Bethenny once said about Dorinda, “broads.”  

It grates on me so much when Dale chides her and Tinsley goes “Ma-au-um!” the way a 12 year old does.  Her hypocrisy is annoying—she doesn’t want to talk about money, because it’s déclassé, but she basically spent season 10 gleefully making her “mugshot” aka her arrest her storyline.  In season 11, Tinsley scoffed at Luann for worrying about what Page Six said, when Tinsley said she only worries about herself when she is on the cover of The Post...never mind the fact that it was a huge season 9 arc that Page Six was saying Tinsley was an ungracious houseguest.  I hate inconsistency.  It makes me feel like the person I’m dealing with has no inner compass, and I make them background noise.  

The way she fell on the floor when Scott came to visit, the freak-out at the circus, the fact that she called 911 when her dog was dying, taken as a whole, were so babyish to me, but when she is mean—which manifests in her jumping aboard the mean-girl train instead of facing someone sober and one-on-one, as she did to Luann—I’m like...

23A90707-D1D8-4C87-B1C4-E04B9BA0C7F4.gif.9238c3d2b3712392f9fe47e227732514.gif

Call it schadenfreude, but I’m really glad she’s not the “young one” on the cast anymore.  Leah is in her thirties.  I hope it bothers Tinsley that she’s no longer “the baby.”  Maybe it’ll cause her to grow up a smidge. I know I should feel bad about the fact that I feel good about this, but I don’t.  I see Tinsley as kind and gracious 70% of the time, and the other 30% is ugly.  Let’s see her have to deal with something really difficult, which we’ve never really seen, which most of the ladies have had to endure, and I predict the ugly side will be right up there on the surface with the best of them.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah, you're probably right about that.   I also agree about Beth.  I loved her at first.  But her return wasn't good for me.

• Love 4

But she's not the spring chicken that she's made out to be on this board. 

Compared to the rest of the women on this show, she kind o of is.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Let’s see her have to deal with something really difficult, which we’ve never really seen, which most of the ladies have had to endure, and I predict the ugly side will be right up there on the surface with the best of them.  

I thought that her getting beaten up and then going to jail was a pretty difficult thing to go through.  At least now she can joke about her incarceration.  I'm sure that was very embarrassing for her.  

I think that some of the women are envious of her seemingly carefree lifestyle.  To use an old phrase, I see her as a gad-about-town, doing her own thing and being happy with herself.  She seems to run with a more elite group of people than the housewives.  Maybe they're jealous of her connections in society.  Or, maybe they're not jealous and are just plain nosy!  I think that Dorinda tends to insert herself into everybody else's life when she needs to mind her own business.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

THANK YOU!!! I cannot stand that phoney-accented, social climbing, dog abusing, money-laundering, plastic-faced, square-tittied asshole Dorit. Beyond her creepy Single White Femaling of Ericka Jane, I hold her personally responsible for completely hijacking RHofBH with her stupidassed petty storylines, and the fact that she helped push my girl LVP off the show. So fuck her and please don’t ever compare her to sweet Tinsley!

Tins has an inner-kindness that only enhances her beauty. I’ll take her style of plastic face any day over the mean girl/ice queen beauty of the BH bitches.

Dorit hails from Connecticut.  Why does she talk with an Australian accent?  They all annoy me.  All in competition.  BH, I mean.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I thought that her getting beaten up and then going to jail was a pretty difficult thing to go through.  At least now she can joke about her incarceration.  I'm sure that was very embarrassing for her.  

I think that some of the women are envious of her seemingly carefree lifestyle.  To use an old phrase, I see her as a gad-about-town, doing her own thing and being happy with herself.  She seems to run with a more elite group of people than the housewives.  Maybe they're jealous of her connections in society.  Or, maybe they're not jealous and are just plain nosy!  I think that Dorinda tends to insert herself into everybody else's life when she needs to mind her own business.  

The new girl runs with an elite crowd? Hmmmm.....I’ll have to re-watch her part and pay closer attention. That does surprise me. Nothing against her but, idk, I don’t get it. I’ll stay open though. When it comes to fancy people, it seems the more we get to see them behind closed doors, the more we get to see that it ain’t all that. Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The new girl runs with an elite crowd? Hmmmm...

I was referring to Tinsley.  Looking at some of her pictures on Instagram, it looks like she mingles with very wealthy folks. 

• Love 6
On 4/3/2020 at 10:11 PM, stcroix said:

The thing I miss about Bethany is her humor. Her talking heads were usually hilarious! I dont know how many times I've back up and rewatched the one she did of Ramona handing  a drink to the red scarfed man on the dating try out night the girls were all at and saying,'' You brought me a drink... I bring YOU a drink.  Cheeeers!"  In a Marilyn Monroe accent!  hahaha!  Most of what Bethany said or did drove me crazy but she was funny, especially in her imitations.  Her Countess ones were funny,too.  All of them around the pool in Mexico: "Tooommm! They're trying to get me to show them my ti-tays!" in a 'countess' voice! 🤣

I miss her thinking heads also.  “Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !   When Jill Zarin surprised them in Mexico with Bobby.  Beth said she sounded like a horn.  Nobody can beat her with the one liners.  Sharp as a tack, you have to admit.  Dorinda’s thinking heads are boring.  They need a comedian desperately.  I love the reruns.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/3/2020 at 10:11 PM, stcroix said:

The thing I miss about Bethany is her humor. Her talking heads were usually hilarious! I dont know how many times I've back up and rewatched the one she did of Ramona handing  a drink to the red scarfed man on the dating try out night the girls were all at and saying,'' You brought me a drink... I bring YOU a drink.  Cheeeers!"  In a Marilyn Monroe accent!  hahaha!  Most of what Bethany said or did drove me crazy but she was funny, especially in her imitations.  Her Countess ones were funny,too.  All of them around the pool in Mexico: "Tooommm! They're trying to get me to show them my ti-tays!" in a 'countess' voice! 🤣

I miss Bethenny’s talking heads from the first seasons because they were definitely highly entertaining and she was so real, funny, and witty and probably the best part of any of the RH franchises ever.
However, the last few seasons, I have personally found her to be caustic, rude, mean, way too full of herself, and totally unselfaware. 
She’s had a few funny talking heads in the last couple of years (like imitating Ramona drinking and hitting on men), but for me she went from being good comedy relief to being just mean.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I miss Bethenny’s talking heads from the first seasons because they were definitely highly entertaining and she was so real, funny, and witty and probably the best part of any of the RH franchises ever.
However, the last few seasons, I have personally found her to be caustic, rude, mean, way too full of herself, and totally unselfaware. 
She’s had a few funny talking heads in the last couple of years (like imitating Ramona drinking and hitting on men), but for me she went from being good comedy relief to being just mean.

I agree.  I think she had too many irons in the fire and was all over the place.  Then, the divorce, courts, changing apartments and decorating every ten minutes, filming, etc.  Too much at once.  Burning the candle at both ends.  I still miss her one liners tho.  

• Love 4
On 4/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, Rahul said:

Untitled-design-9.jpg

So i'm now watching RHOB and my God, I may have disagreed that she had as much facial surgery in those photos, but she is looking really pinched this season of RHOBH.  She looks like she's just a few lip injections from Kim Zolciak.  

30 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

So i'm now watching RHOB and my God, I may have disagreed that she had as much facial surgery in those photos, but she is looking really pinched this season of RHOBH.  She looks like she's just a few lip injections from Kim Zolciak.  

Made all the worse by the fact that she’s overdrawing her lips (I think that’s what it’s called when you line and fill in your lips past your natural lip line).

• Love 2
On 4/2/2020 at 11:54 PM, absolutelyido said:

Absolutely. It certainly seems like once Dorinda has a drink she can't stop drinking until she's sloppy drunk, and when she's drunk she gets really, really mean.

Yes- and don't forget her daily "naps" she requires.  I guess she's just passing out.

I think she's a beautiful woman . Loved the hair cut & color and the sparkly white blazer jacket at the party (and all her blazers)...but she is SUCH a harsh, nasty drunkard. 

The attack on Tinsley- To quote Bethenny in a prior season (I believe...maybe RE Sonja) "to attack her it's like killing a butterfly with a grenade." Something like that. Tinsley may not be ALL likeable but she's sure harmless and delicate and not shrewd.

• Love 4
On 4/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, ChitChat said:

I'm afraid that Mario has always had a wandering eye.  I think he would've cheated on her no matter what, and I believe that Ramona would've divorced him show or no show.  I understand why a lot of people don't like her, but I really do think that he hurt her very deeply and she is crying out (more than usual) for the attention he took away from her.  She's a nut, but I'm glad she's on this show!  

You can take that to the bank!!

Mario:  What really bothers me is when there were scenes where Ramona would put on a sexy nite gown, give him champagne and act all sexy ready for sexy time.  Meanwhile, he was screwing a seventeen year old from the toy store in the Hamptons.  Well, can’t say she didn’t try to keep the flame alive.  A knife in her heart, and she’s still nice to him.  Humiliating.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/18/2020 at 8:58 PM, Stats Queen said:

That is true, but now, we have Dorinda who is a mean drunk quite frequently, and she’s not even funny.  They brought in Leah, who is very nice and all, but her story line is weak.  She talks about her Mother, but doesn’t go to see her.  A mother doesn’t want phone calls and texts, they want to see your face.  I thought Bravo would bring in another ball of fire, but they didn’t.  Lately, the show is boring.  Same ole.  Nothing going on, and hardly any laughter.  Drunken women aren’t funny.  Bring in a smart ass comedian for the laughs.   I try to watch BH, but all they care about is who has the best clothes, jewelry, makeup, party, etc.  Boring.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4