Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Back in the NY Groove

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Actually, I was wondering if Lu had a $10,000 nap - her eyes look different

Her skin, all the women's skin when I really looked at them, looked older to me this year. I wonder if it was different lighting maybe?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, swankie said:

This tells me she doesn't really talk that way around her daughter which means she's being a big fat fake.  And why do women think being "best friends" with their daughter makes them so special?  Her daughter seemed annoyed with her the whole time they were on screen.  Most 12 year olds want to be with their friends, not hanging out with their mother 24/7.  Especially when their mother does and says things that embarrass them in public.  Be yourself and stop trying to be "cool mom".  Your kids will out you every time.  

Per Brian Moylan's rule, I'm withholding judgment of Leah for five episodes. She came in a little too strong for me, but we'll see. I rolled my eyes at "What's Jovani?" Bullshit. No one's going to come onto a Real Housewives cast without watching a previous season or two. You have four more episodes to get me on Team Leah, New Girl. And even then, I may abandon you for someone more likeable.

9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Martin(?) the boxing giant, was hard to understand, but cracked me up when Tinsley was bragging about her hoops and his reaction was: "Aaaaaaannnnd nobody gives a fuck."

Sonja and her dog both seem to share a sex addiction. 

Can we make Martin a "friend of"? Imagine him at one of Luann's or Sonja's caburlesquevaudville thingies.

6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

After reading about Leah's incredibly humiliating text exchange with Michael Che, I could never look at that woman in a positive light.  I can't believe  she got this spot that was left by Bethenny.

Wait, what? Annnnd now I have a Google project for the day.

So it looks like Tinsley has Leah as her Big Sister. Tinsley always seems the most comfortable as a sidekick.  I hope it works out for her; I never liked Sonja's envious condescension towards Tinsley.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
(edited)

I have mixed feelings about Leah but her read of Ramona's friend William had me screaming with laughter.

Also finding out that Leah wasn't a replacement for Bethenny but instead was supposed to come onto the show as a friend of Bethenny's and not Tinsley which makes a lot of sense.

Edited by BloggerAloud
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

I just watched a second time to hear everything.  So, is Dorinda the leader of the pack?  She’s the best cook, best hostess, party giver and everything else.  Know it all much?  She’s still the biggest mouth and vicious.  What kind of pants was she wearing with that jacket?  Skin tight leotards? Maybe her daughters.  That was a nasty blow she gave Tinsley about the shoes.  They were all trying too hard to be #1.  Bethenny must have been laughing her ass off.  Oh, and is Ramona really sleeping with that young guy?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 24
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

It looks like Dorinda is going to continue on being the drunken bully.

I don't know why Dorinda thinks that by being someone's friend that it entitles her to know every single thing going on in that person's life.  I think she's just nosy.  

I will reserve judgment on Leah, but based on what little I've seen, her constant use of the word "like" is going to drive me nuts.     

• Love 20
35 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

will reserve judgment on Leah, but based on what little I've seen, her constant use of the word "like" is going to drive me nuts.   

This could be our RHONY drinking game!  It drove me nuts as well.

Leah's clothing line? Never heard of it but according to Wiki she has some success by partnering with other more notable brands also this is not her first reality show.  She reminds me of Cindy from a very early season of NY, had twins, some business of something or other, just did not have a lot going in her life that was interesting.  Leah might try for camera time with her "I'm so wild and crazy and unfiltered," cringe worthy antics.  

Ramona and her fake crying at that bar...WTF? If there was a man there that was interested in talking to her I am sure he made a u turn when that mess started.

I like Tinsley and who cares if she has an occasional dinner and dessert with Scott or if Scott pays for her apartment or whatever, why does Dorinda care about that so much? She does not have a dime in that dollar.

John was right, people finish their probation all time.  It was funny that Lu had her favorite coffee food truck guy.  BTW, Lu introduced herself to Leah as LuAhhn, like extra fancy, lol.

Sonja drags a young seemingly drunk guy to meet Leah and then says he is one of Ramona's leftovers, ick.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Dorinda just wants a storyline. Dorinda is heading for bitch out of the gate.

She does look like the snake from Beetle Juice. Also, Dorinda's lay on back comment. Fuck that bitch.

First episode in and I'm already sick of Dorinda's drunk mouth. 

Regarding John, I think the break up happens later in the season. Same with Tins getting back together with Scott. 

So new Leah (and her daughter I assume) has dinner with her ex 3 times a week and acts like that's some hip and cool thing she does.  I'm sure any new man in her life is going to love that. Maybe chill on that a little bit and let your daughter have dinner alone with her dad. Boundaries, people! 

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

It is funny - how Dorinda insists on knowing all these details of Tinsley’s life but will lose her shit if anyone points out the one thing about Dorinda - that she’s a drunk.

TRUE!

• Love 8

Leah was too vulgar for me straight out of the gate, and it didn't come across as authentic. I feel like she was pushing to establish an on-screen persona. Yawn. 

Love Dorinda, and her tan, and her new hair, but you can't have a go at Tinsley like that. Just no. She wouldn't hurt a fly. Picking on the nice one who never causes trouble just makes you unlikable. Not here for that. Dorinda would never have said that to any of the other women, because half of them would have tossed a drink on her or clocked her for the shoes comment. I sure would have. 

Tins looks fabulous, but she got something extra done to her face. I think it's her nose. The bridge (or what's left of it) is about to disappear completely. I'm secretly thrilled she gets back with Scott and finds a happy ending, even if it means she'll be gone mid-season.

OH, Ramona. What a nutball. Is Ramona the longest-surviving full-time OG in the whole franchise? How many seasons did Vicks make it? Loved her eye-rolling B's departure and saying everyone could stop walking on eggshells around her. 

Speaking of, Lu's snide "Can't say I'll miss her much" had me rolling. I friggin love Luann, however self-absorbed and narcissistic she may be. Her hair looks great this length and her bod hasn't changed in 10 years. 

It looks like you can't walk through Sonja's apartment. Like Moaner could barely get in the door. 

I don't like B, but she's part of the show's DNA. It's too soon for me to say if I'll miss her or not. This ep didn't have legs for me. It went by quickly but I felt like nothing happened. Just glad to have it back after spending the last 18 days marathoning it on Hulu to keep myself from getting quarantine fever. 

• Love 20
11 hours ago, ancslove said:

I wonder what Ramona's friend Missy has to do to upgrade to an apple?

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Ramona's thirsty friends found out that Leah was the new housewife and not one of them.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

It looks like you can't walk through Sonja's apartment. Like Moaner could barely get in the door. 

Looks like she brought everything from the townhouse and stuffed it in the condo!  That would drive me crazy.  I hated that her dog kept humping Ramona's dog.  Why didn't Ramona go pick up her dog and hold her rather than let that continue?  Besides hearing the word "like" over and over again, watching dogs hump isn't something I want to see either. 😉

• Love 22

Late to the party, I fell asleep at like 8 PM last night.

Love Dorinda’s new hair!  Hate Lu with the long hair, I think her signature short doo was way cuter.

Sonja’s dog was gross, I hate dogs as it is and it made me so sad for senior citizen Coco to be treated that way.  Of course she doesn’t care because that’s how she treats other humans herself.

Leah explaining her relationship with her daughter like it was so revolutionary?  WTFE.  So that put me off her right away.   It just snowballed from there.

Ramona’s young guy looked like he had a paunch in one of the side shots they showed of him.  May have just been the way he was standing but for a young hot thing, it really caught my eye.

So glad for this show to be back!!!!  Also, now I want lasagne.  Dorinda doesn’t lie when she says she can cook.  I’d love to be her guest.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, escape said:

She eventually passed the Ramona test, whom Leah said took her under her wings, but was tough on her.

That's good.  At least Ramona isn't being like Vicki from the O.C. and whenever someone new is on that show, she's always such a bitch to them!  I really do think that Ramona has a good heart, but she's a bit misguided in her words and actions sometimes.  She tends to step on herself when dealing with others on occasion.  Besides the occasional misstep on her part, she cracks me up.  

And by the way, it's so nice to be back chatting with everybody again!  I hope you are all doing well in your cozy little lairs waiting out this virus.  🙂 

Edited by ChitChat
another thought
  • Love 23
7 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Her skin, all the women's skin when I really looked at them, looked older to me this year. I wonder if it was different lighting maybe?

If you saw them on the street without makeup, you wouldn’t look twice.  They all look blah.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

So new Leah (and her daughter I assume) has dinner with her ex 3 times a week and acts like that's some hip and cool thing she does.

Maybe that is why she does not have a new man in her life, like she can't like move on, like...she is like still emotionally tied to this guy.  And as long as she is still having dinner with him 3 times a week that wards off any women that he might be interested in because having a good relationship with the father of your child is great but what woman wants to deal with that on a regular basis, 3 nights a week is a lot, my guess is that the 3 nights would have to change to accommodate any new relationship for each of them.  

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Sonja’s dog was gross, I hate dogs as it is and it made me so sad for senior citizen Coco to be treated that way.  Of course she doesn’t care because that’s how she treats other humans herself.

And they kept showing it.  Don’t get me wrong, but I love dogs .. had lots of dogs in my life, but why are so many of them on every tv channel lately?  They are all over the place, especially sleeping in the beds.  It’s too much already and I’m an animal lover.  In Sonja’s house, she’s always picking up crap, on carpets, on the patio, in someone’s house.  WTF?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why has she become the voice of I MUST know ALL of your shit? Who the fuck are you? Does she think shes the Godfather or something of this group? She needs to take her vodka soaked self and catch a clue ... you aint Regina George Dorinda this isnt high school and you arnt at the cool kid table ...

Dorinda nominated herself to be the new Bethenny.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Sonja, Ramona, and even Lu are looking more their ages this season. I wonder if the lighting is different?

I thought Romona looked especially young and wondered what she had done.  I know these women spend time in the sun but don't have crepey skin on their chest!!! I could never wear something showing my chest. OH LIFE IS NO FAIR!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

She has no filter.

She was always probably like that to some extent, but being on this show probably makes it easier/more appealing to have "no filter" or as I see Ramona,  a self absorbed entitled asshole 🤷🏽‍♀️

I Can't stand her but wasn't expecting to see Ramona full on ugly cry in a restaurant with people around her on the first episode.  I was a bit surprised by that. I could see if they were at Dorinda's house mid season drunk out there minds. 

Regarding Leah's text exchange with Michael Che,  how incredibly embarrassing 😄

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda nominated herself to be the new Bethenny.

Exactly! I hope she, Ramona and Lu don't go overboard and try too hard to prove the franchise doesn't need B. See, we don't need B! We're cool all by ourselves without any help from B! Being themselves is enough, they are funny and crazy and nasty enough to fill the void without over doing it. 

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oy. I just searched, did not read all of it, it is too stupid.

details please!!!!  I don't know who he is and I don't remember her last name

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She was always probably like that to some extent, but being on this show probably makes it easier/more appealing to have "no filter" or as I see Ramona,  a self absorbed entitled asshole

I think that LuAnn has become more pretentious with each season too.  I always liked her, but like Ramona, sometimes they need to dial it back a notch!!

I'm not sure what's going on with Dorinda, but damn, she's  scary when she's drunk and mad.  I'd hate to be in her path when she's in a bad mood.  I don't blame Tinsley for not confiding in Dorinda.  We've seen her stir the pot many times, so I wouldn't trust her with any personal information.  

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I usually like Dorinda but she was such an asshole when she was talking to Tinsley.

She’s always patting herself on the back.  Always crying how good she is, what a great friend she is, invites them all up to Bluestone Manor.  All her “ goodness comes with a price.  You have to agree with her at all times, tell her how great she is, how understanding she is, how generous she is, blah, blah, blah.  I would NOT be friends with her if you paid me.  Poor John.  So she made lasagna .. so what?  She’s a drunken bully.  Thank goodness Tinsley gave it back to her.  Oh, and to boot, you HAVE to tell her all your business, or else you’re dead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
(edited)
16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't know. I kind of lean toward her getting caught too. I do know I'm in AA and dislike how she used it for a storyline and twisted everything. Lu is a twunt. Wish she weren't on.

I think she has a drinking problem, but she certainly isn’t the only one on this show who does! Lu and Leah, as they say in AA, if you “break out in handcuffs” when you drink, then consider that a red flag. 

Sonjalooks like she aged five years in her talking head.

Agree! I was surprised because normally they look better in the THs due to the professional makeup and lighting. Maybe the drinking has finally caught up with her?

Meanwhile, Luann looks great to me. Kind of “refreshed.” Mini facelift perhaps? 

I don’t like Dorinda’s hair. It hardens her look to me but I realize I’m in the minority with this opinion. 

New woman is trying to do that best friend instead of mother thing with her daughter. She thinks it’s going well but her daughter is 12. Just wait. It will come back to bite her. Her daughter needs a mother and role model, not a best buddy parental figure. 

I could’ve done without the masturbation line and some of the other stuff she said which I guess was supposed to shock and titillate us. 

The wheels are coming off Dorinda. 

Don’t miss Bethenny at all! In fact, I think the show will be better without her. And I too really need this distraction right now. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 18
(edited)
51 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

I thought Romona looked especially young and wondered what she had done.  I know these women spend time in the sun but don't have crepey skin on their chest!!! I could never wear something showing my chest. OH LIFE IS NO FAIR!!!!!

You probably look fine.  They are all gussied up.  Full makeup, hair done, extensions, makeup on their chest and arms and legs, fillers, Botox, designer clothes, you name it.  I want to see them in the morning after drinking.  Probably need an infusion of B12 in their veins.  Have you ever seen beauty marks on their skin?  All hidden with special plaster.  Lol.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Dorinda started her Tins attacks at the end of last season and it made zero sense then.  She’s not going to come out looking like anything but a bully if she keeps this up.  Tins is probably one of the most harmless ladies ever to appear on this show.  Dorinda’s comment about laying on her back for shoes was completely uncalled for.  

I’ve long felt that Dorinda was the one closest to being an alcoholic. 

Agree, but I’ve also seen problem drinking from Sonja, Ramona and TInsley. The exception are the ones who don’t seem to have issues with alcohol. 

What strikes me about Dorinda is how much repressed rage she has. It comes out when she drinks. I know many don’t like John, but I wish he’d dump her. She treats him horribly. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

You probably look fine.  They are all gussied up.  Full makeup, hair done, extensions, makeup on their chest and arms and legs, fillers, Botox, designer clothes, you name it.  I want to see them in the morning after drinking.  Probably need an infusion of B12 in their veins.  Have you ever seen beauty marks on their skin?  All hidden with special plaster.  Lol.

thanks but i'm fully aware of my crepey skin.  in fact I tell all the young people to use sun screen and stay out of tanning beds.  I've spent many, many years playing tennis in the florida sun.  These ladies look great even if they seem 'rough' this year  and oh the booze doesn't help.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

thanks but i'm fully aware of my crepey skin.  in fact I tell all the young people to use sun screen and stay out of tanning beds.  I've spent many, many years playing tennis in the florida sun.  These ladies look great even if they seem 'rough' this year  and oh the booze doesn't help.

To you they may look great, but I doubt even one of them is happy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don’t like Dorinda’s hair. It hardens her look to me but I realize I’m in the minority with this opinion. 

I'm on the fence about it.  I kind of like the cut, but not the color.  Maybe it'll grow on me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

not sure what's going on with Dorinda, but damn, she's  scary when she's drunk and mad.  I'd hate to be in her path when she's in a bad mood.  I don't blame Tinsley for not confiding in Dorinda.  We've seen her stir the pot many times, so I wouldn't trust her with any personal information.  

Dorinda is still pissed that Richard died.  He was a “somebody”.  Now, she’s just a woman living in the city and has a boyfriend who owns a cleaners.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Exactly! I hope she, Ramona and Lu don't go overboard and try too hard to prove the franchise doesn't need B. See, we don't need B! We're cool all by ourselves without any help from B! Being themselves is enough, they are funny and crazy and nasty enough to fill the void without over doing it. 

I was just thinking this same thing...these women do not have to prove who/what they are without Bethenny.  They were without her for a few seasons and did just fine!!!   

I'm sitting here watching last season's RHOBH, and when the women are in France, right after the big dust up with LVP....they're sitting around saying "We're fun, right?   We're having a great time, aren't we?"  - it's like they were trying to convince themselves that they didn't need LVP around.  If the RHNY continue to do things like that, it will get old fast.

Oh, and so far, I am not crazy about the new girl, Leah, and I think that Ramona may get a little offended by her, too.  I think that Luann may think Leah is a bit vulgar.  She just seems a little too trashy and too try-hard for me, and it seems like she's had a lot of controversial/sketchy behavior in her background.  

I'm also not impressed with Sonja - why is it okay for her dog to hump another dog, or anything for that matter??  I think Sonja tends to think of herself as a real-life Samantha Jones (from SATC), and in the SATC movie, Samantha adopted a dog that humped everything - my opinion is that Sonja thinks it's cute because Samantha's dog was the same in the movie.  

And, Sonja is turning into a modern-day Edie Beale, if that apartment is any indication.  It's starting to look like an old lady hoarder apartment.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 14

I am so happy the girls are back.  Although they fight, it’s less trashy than what I witnessed on RHOA. Need something lighter right now.  Dorinda was a bitch last night but she will regret it and make things right. Want to see all these crazy fun single ladies live it up🍷🍾😀

• Love 7

I agree that it’s just fine without Bethenny.  Sure she could be funny at times, but it’s not worth the mean streak and narcissistic freak outs.  It just made me uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 16

Glad to have my NY ladies back!  But Tins, I was always told by my very superstitious West Indian family that toasting with water was bad luck; not just toasting with non-alcoholic beverages.  Although I did get a chuckle out of her dipping a toothpick in her drink and then dipping said toothpick into Leah's glass before making her toast 🙂

And regarding LuAnn's attire for her last probation appearance: you don't go into the courtroom before a judge when you finish probation; you go to the probation office.  So she was dressed perfectly appropriately.  Unlike many litigants I've seen over the years - on TV and in real life, LOL!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I’ve read dogs sometimes do it to establish dominance. All my dogs are females  and sometimes the top dog will fake hump one of the others. 

Kind of like what Dorinda was doing to Tinsley?

WTF Dorinda?

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Dorinda would never have said that to any of the other women, because half of them would have tossed a drink on her or clocked her for the shoes comment.

I dunno.  Didn’t Dorinda tell Sonja to put an EZ Pass on her vagina?  And didn’t she tell Luann that she’s an ex-countess who got married and now she’s has nothing, except a mugshot?  She’s been ready to throw down with Bethenny a bunch of times too.  One thing I can’t really say about her is that she only preys on the weak—she is an equal opportunity preyer at least!  Ramona is pretty careful not to run afoul of her, but Dorinda has been on her like white on rice too, like when Dorinda was talking over Ramona at Ramona’s own charity benefit, and Dorinda was like,”djont ever djo anything like that again, Ramona!”

I dunno, I can’t take Dorinda seriously enough to find her as destructive as she probably is.  She seems like someone’s old, doddering grandmother who got into the schnapps, and I can’t get insulted as easily by her antics.  If she told me I got shoes on my back, I’d probably just laugh, because who is Dorinda Medley to say anything about my life?  She’s like Walt (Clint Eastwood) from Gran Torino.  Just a mean old drunk sitting on a porch mumbling awful things about people (and I know Dorinda’s chronological age is lower than half the cast’s; it’s the way she presents herself.  My husband thinks she’s exactly like Dorothy from Golden Girls).  

I’m surprised there are so many people who miss or are ambivalent toward Bethenny.  I thought, by the end of last season, everyone just pretty much hated her.  I hate her.  I feel so blessed that Bethenny and LVP are out within the same year. 

Speaking of being blessed, I finally have enough time to do some re-watches (y’all have no idea how jealous I’ve been in the past when you’ve said, “I was re-watching season so-and-so today...”) Anyway, I rewatched the part of season 10 that they re-aired the other day and Bethenny was a raving lunatic, lying about Carole, freaking out about Carole, confronting Carole, hiding from Carole, literally cornering Dorinda to bitch about the house Tinsley got them in Columbia, then freaking out on Dorinda for telling Tinsley about it, having crying jags, saying “this is too much” all the time, but never pulling back (when she has more money than God), controlling everything, shamelessly promoting her brand du jour, calling Dennis to send her a plane so that she could leave Columbia because Carole was being mean to her (as in, not kissing her ass), bitching about Adam, making Bobby’s funeral all about herself and Bryn and saying that she took a private plane home from Aspen to attend Bobby’s funeral because he always loved her (not the other way around), but “ironically” the only thing Bobby wouldn’t fix for Jill was the Jill-Bethenny relationship, because Bobby thought Jill had to know she was wrong, but in the end, Bobby did fix Bethenny and Jill, because his death brought them closer again, and Jill was finally able to meet Bryn and Jill made sure to tell Bethenny (when she was sitting shiva for her dead husband!) that Bethenny was right all along!!!  

These are the ravings of a psychotic woman!  And that wasn’t even her “bad” season.  Her “bad” season was last season when she made everything about Dennis and Dennis’s death  about herself, had more breakdowns, practically attacked Luann (and blacked out about it) at Barton G, laughed at Tinsley for her dog dying, and spilling all of Luann’s most confidential details to the world, among many, many other things.  

I ask this respectfully, but how could anyone miss her?  Is it just because the remaining ladies are boring?  Because I thought the show was great seasons five and six, when Heather, Carole, Aviva and Kristen came on and Bethenny was absent.  I think there’s definitely an argument to be made about a cast shake-up, but wanting Bethenny back, to me, is like wanting to break up with your boyfriend because he’s lazy and won’t take the garbage out, so you leave him for your abusive ex-husband.  I’m not sure it’s a solution.  She wasn’t just toxic, she was so psychotic that she wound up proving Jill and Krazy Kelly right, which is a mean feat.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda is still pissed that Richard died.  He was a “somebody”.  Now, she’s just a woman living in the city and has a boyfriend who owns a cleaners.

That’s exactly right. She used to socialize with Bill and Hillary. Now she socializes with regular people and minor celebs.

She is a poseur and a snot.

• Love 10