Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Back in the NY Groove

• Start Topic

I think the argument could be made that Sonja, LuAnn, Ramona, and Dorinda all have drinking problems.  Ramona seems to keep it together the best when she drinks a lot. (Turtle Time) Sonja gets super sloppy when she drinks.  LuAnn only got out of control once on the show, in Mexico.  She knew enough not to get crazy on camera, at least until then. But Dorinda is a mean mean drunk.  She is vicious. And doesn't seem to be able to change her behavior even when she shows remorse after she attacks.

• Love 20
(edited)
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Dorinda's hair is a major fail. It looks awful.

I totally agree.   She should have stuck with the longer, side swept bangs pixie.

22519575_1680141655369703_29609423563091

Her face needs a soft style.  She's doesn't have it for a shorter pixie.

Plus her hair looks like straw now.  Does she even use conditioner now?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

One of the main reasons NY is my favorite RH franchise is because they don't behave like the BH women. 

I just hope they don’t resort to being like Vikie and Tamra.  I’ll be out.  I heard Andy might bring Tamballs on for a few.  N.Y. Was unique.  Hope they realize that.

• Love 6

Watching for the third time.  I just love them, plus I’m bored.  I didn’t know as you get older, your age goes backwards.  Ramona is now 60.  Last year she was 63.  I still don’t care for the new girl.  She’s a little weird.  Does LuAnn still have her house upstate?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 4/3/2020 at 12:03 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Tinsley looks awful in her talking head, her hair looks thing, the bangs are stupid looking and her pink outfit doesn't look good.

I've always been surprised when people on this board have referred to her as pretty and young. She seems sweet, but my God that nose has been widdled down to nothing and she to me, looks like a very generic skinny bottled blonde with a face full of filler.

tinsley-mortimer-chicago-kitchen.jpg?ito

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I hope she goes back with Mario.  He went thru male menopause.  There are worse things in life.  She still loves him.

They are quarantining together with Avery, so you never know what’ll happen... I actually do think it would be interesting if they end up back together.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

They are quarantining together with Avery, so you never know what’ll happen... I actually do think it would be interesting if they end up back together.

My thought about Mario is he cannot be alone, so maybe while he is in between girlfriends he is hunkered down with Ramona who will cook and clean for him but I don't think there is any hanky pandemic panky going on and I don't think Mario is bothered by that.

• Love 10

Ramona who will cook and clean for him but I don't think there is any hanky pandemic panky going on and I don't think Mario is bothered by that.

She will cook and clean for him in her "sexy" white nightgown and white gloves, then rub oil all over his chest...yay.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Ugh, of course they had to start by breaking the fourth wall and acknowledging the absence of Queen Bethenny.  Barf.  I don't particularly hate Bethenny, but it's annoying that she seems to get special, mythic status on this show.

The random interspersed clip of Ramona awkwardly dancing in front of her Hamptons house was arguably the best thing about this episode.    

This shitshow had better not disappoint this season. 

need it to be good, now more than ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought about Mario is he cannot be alone, so maybe while he is in between girlfriends he is hunkered down with Ramona who will cook and clean for him but I don't think there is any hanky pandemic panky going on and I don't think Mario is bothered by that.

I know a man who is a cheat like Mario.  Gets divorced which at least at that time was a long process in PA and then gets engaged a year later.  And while engaged, he was hitting on me at a work function.  

I chalked it up to:  doesn't like living alone.  Wants someone there but wants his fun on the side too.  Mario is probably that guy.

• Love 10
On April 2, 2020 at 9:37 PM, jaybird2 said:

sorry folks but i miss bethenny

No need to be sorry........I miss her too!  So far there wasn't one smart ass or funny remark from any of the women.   

I'm just now watching the season premier and it sucks!  I doubt I'll get through the season.    There's way too much screaming.  It's too hard to understand what they're saying. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Ramona has Lyme disease now.  Hope it doesn’t get bad like Yolanda.  She said she got a good prognosis.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I've always been surprised when people on this board have referred to her as pretty and young. She seems sweet, but my God that nose has been widdled down to nothing and she to me, looks like a very generic skinny bottled blonde with a face full of filler.

tinsley-mortimer-chicago-kitchen.jpg?ito

I completely agree with you about Tinsley.  She’s not a beauty.  I was just watching a repeat of Beverly Hills, and I realized Dorit is less than a year younger than Tinsley, and I think she’s significantly more attractive in the face, has a roughly similar level body, and they both have great fashion in totally different ways, yet Dorit is never given credit for being any kind of great beauty; she’s just considered kind of an attractive woman.  I don’t get it.  

74CB1798-A251-45F5-9EF8-263B9037B82A.jpeg.1326bd689d95e7b9fdb6921b0a7b20b4.jpeg

(and this is just one of the first photos that popped up online; it’s not like I went looking for a good picture of Dorit; there are pics where she looks much, much better)

6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

One of the main reasons NY is my favorite RH franchise is because they don't behave like the BH women. 

I respect that.  It makes sense.  I like the way the flow of certain franchises better than others.   But I was just wondering if you could expand on this, because I have to be honest—people have always taken these two franchises and said how different they are, and it’s hard for me to see.  So I am just wondering how other viewers perceive the difference.  People say that the BH women hide so much of their real lives, so they blow up about small things and never tell the truth, whereas the NY women let it all hang out.  I see that a little...but aren’t we also always in an ongoing conversation about how Tinsley doesn’t let it hang out?  Didn’t Luann lie, like, a lot these past two seasons?  I’m just looking for feedback; I’m not trying to make an argument one way or the other.

Y’all...I just realized, that with Leah’s addition, the ratio of cast members who have been arrested is now 4:2!!  Arrests:  Leah, Sonja, Luann, Tinsley.  Non-arrests:  Ramona, Dorinda.  That’s gotta be a record!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I completely agree with you about Tinsley.  She’s not a beauty.  I was just watching a repeat of Beverly Hills, and I realized Dorit is less than a year younger than Tinsley, and I think she’s significantly more attractive in the face, has a roughly similar level body, and they both have great fashion in totally different ways, yet Dorit is never given credit for being any kind of great beauty; she’s just considered kind of an attractive woman.  I don’t get it.  

Dorit is way more my type too.  The Tinsley nose is way too small for me.  She's gotten so much work done that her eyes go in different directions.

Dorinda was soooooooooo beautiful in earlier seasons.  I don't like this hair on her.  She should back to the older styles.  I think she is so beautiful but her alcoholic abuse on everyone has kind of ruined that for me.

I tried hard -- really really hard - to watch RHOBH the first season that Denise Richards joined.  I couldn't stand it.  I was thinking, why am I watching this show that I hate so much? I don't believe one of the stories.  Everything is so manufactured and scripted.  They take the smallest event and blow it out for a whole season (Dorit and the dogs).  Kyle goes to Lisa's house and reads some script.  Lisa goes to Dorit's house and reads some script. I  don't mind scripted stuff but the script was sooooooo bad.  And on and on and on.  RHONY seems more spontaneous and fun and wild and they don't spend hours on doom and gloom.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

(and this is just one of the first photos that popped up online; it’s not like I went looking for a good picture of Dorit; there are pics where she looks much, much better)

I respect that.  It makes sense.  I like the way the flow of certain franchises better than others.   But I was just wondering if you could expand on this, because I have to be honest—people have always taken these two franchises and said how different they are, and it’s hard for me to see.  So I am just wondering how other viewers perceive the difference.  People say that the BH women hide so much of their real lives, so they blow up about small things and never tell the truth, whereas the NY women let it all hang out.  I see that a little...but aren’t we also always in an ongoing conversation about how Tinsley doesn’t let it hang out?  Didn’t Luann lie, like, a lot these past two seasons?  I’m just looking for feedback; I’m not trying to make an argument one way or the other.

Y’all...I just realized, that with Leah’s addition, the ratio of cast members who have been arrested is now 4:2!!  Arrests:  Leah, Sonja, Luann, Tinsley.  Non-arrests:  Ramona, Dorinda.  That’s gotta be a record!

Hmmm, let’s see.  1.  OC Tamra and Vikie SCREAM more.  2.  Sick of Vikie sayin “Whoop it up”, she’s too old to be on the bar screaming in Mexico every season.  3.  Tamra’s whole family is boring.  Tamra shows her boobs more than Sonja and Bethenny. 4.  Vikie always rushes to the hospital for something.  5.  I just can’t look at Vikie or Tamra anymore.  6.  Don’t like “Brownstone”.  I do like Shannon and Kelly.  Just MY opinion, of course.  I just feel N.Y. are real.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dorit is way more my type too.  The Tinsley nose is way too small for me.  She's gotten so much work done that her eyes go in different directions.

Dorinda was soooooooooo beautiful in earlier seasons.  I don't like this hair on her.  She should back to the older styles.  I think she is so beautiful but her alcoholic abuse on everyone has kind of ruined that for me.

I tried hard -- really really hard - to watch RHOBH the first season that Denise Richards joined.  I couldn't stand it.  I was thinking, why am I watching this show that I hate so much? I don't believe one of the stories.  Everything is so manufactured and scripted.  They take the smallest event and blow it out for a whole season (Dorit and the dogs).  Kyle goes to Lisa's house and reads some script.  Lisa goes to Dorit's house and reads some script. I  don't mind scripted stuff but the script was sooooooo bad.  And on and on and on.  RHONY seems more spontaneous and fun and wild and they don't spend hours on doom and gloom.  

I cannot STAND Denise Richards.  All she talks about is sex, sex, sex.  Where, how, how often (five times a day).  See me in a few years Denise.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

2.  Sick of Vikie sayin “Whoop it up”,

OMG.  One thing I do NOT miss about going to my office every day is that now I don’t have to hear her stupid commercial on the radio we listen to for her dumb “Whoopin it up with Vickie” podcast.  🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2020 at 3:41 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Her skin, all the women's skin when I really looked at them, looked older to me this year. I wonder if it was different lighting maybe?

I noticed the same thing. Sonya, who I've always considering to be aging the best/not aging at all, looked really strange in that opening scene with Luann in the park, and it was the first time I thought she looked her age. The filming angle did weird things to her eyes, like you could see the work she'd had done, and her skin did not look great. 

But she made up for it with her chomping down on a danish mid-hug!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

The NY women are, imo, more authentic. The women on both franchises are concerned about appearances, but, imo, the BH women take it to another level. The designers, the poses, the plastic surgery, the facades,..

It seems like the BH women are always checking their look in the mirror and think they have to be picture perfect in almost every instance.  That seems exhausting!!  The NYC women seem a little more carefree to me.   I like them the best.  Maybe it's the energy of the city that gives it that extra oomph!  

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Aren’t they ashamed of themselves?  I’m embarrassed for them.  Could you imagine what old man Morgan thinks?  Or whichever one is left.  Or her daughter for that matter.

It seems everyone laughs it off like Sonya likes to have a good time meanwhile her sex addiction is a huge problem. Her ex husband, daughter and family must cringe at her antics. I can’t imagine how many men she has banged! I would guess at least 50 and that is being conservative. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

It seems everyone laughs it off like Sonya likes to have a good time meanwhile her sex addiction is a huge problem. Her ex husband, daughter and family must cringe at her antics. I can’t imagine how many men she has banged! I would guess at least 50 and that is being conservative. 

Do you mean this month?

Sounds about right.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2020 at 2:53 AM, film noire said:

Oh, Dorinda! Just when I wanted to give you a  second  fiftieth chance, you accuse Tins of getting designer shoes on her back, and do so with all the disdain of a power broker who chairs The Council on Foreign Relations herself (as opposed to who you really are: the woman who married the guy who was a member of The Council on Foreign Relations.  A man who,  presumably, gifted you with jewlery, chicken roasters, the DVD set of Law and Order - and shoes! -  after you mounted his dick and screamed "I MADE IT NICE!" You are not who you think you are, and we all see through the act. Leave Tins alone.)

Most disturbing line of the episode to me -  t'was Lady Morgan did the deed : "Wake up and smell the Sonja!" 

1) We're under siege - it's motherfucking Red Wedding Game of Thrones time - are any of us capable of processing the implications of a Sonja-smell right now? 

2) As in: what happened to the bidet?

3) Third person! She's doing third person! 

4) There is no four because I'm barfing into my corona mask. 

Luann: I feel about you the way I felt about my knock-off Barbies when I was six;  I have too many blond ones so the brunette one feels interesting but only because of her hair colour.

Ramona: props to her for leaving just enough facial nerve intact,  post-Botox,  to sob-grimace about needing a manz; her face crumpled like Bethenny Frankel realizing less than ninety seconds was spent on her leaving. 

Leah; Why does every new housewife talk about themselves in a graphic sexual manner? The last thing I want to ponder - as I eat a selection from my mountain of Acme beans, hidden in my toilet paper fortress - is an update about your lady-mound. (See Sonja.)

New York City: Beautiful, and fighting hard - like every city and town and home right now, all over the world   - keep the faith,  there are better days ahead.

New York City: Beautiful, and fighting hard - like every city and town and home right now, all over the world   - keep the faith,  there are better days ahead.

Peace, love, and hope. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm happy this is back as, God knows, we all need the distraction at the moment.

For the most part, I like Dorinda but once she starts drinking her true colours come out and she's mean and vindictive. She also treats John like crap. My favourite Dorinda is the one we see the morning after a party, at her house in the Berkshires or one one of the ladies' trips, where she's relaxed, in her PJs, with no make-up on, making breakfast for everyone. She can be funny and generous but in the last few seasons, the meanness has outweighed the niceness.

Tinsley is a vapid airhead who acts like a 15-year-old. I felt bad for her being bullied by Dorinda at the party.

Ramona is as nutty as ever, but I do like her, always have done. I'm sorry to hear she has Lyme's disease.

Sonja is trashy and low-class. These women are meant to be 'friends', but when Ramona arrived at Sonja's, I noticed Sonja sad "I didn't know Coco was still alive". If they were such great friends, then if Coca had died Sonja would have known about it.

I don't blame Sonja's daughter for not wanting anything to do with filming. Likewise, Dorinda's daughter appeared in her first season but hasn't (I think) shown her face since.

I don't like Leah, but if she turns on Luann, then I may well warm to her.

I hate Luann. I'm 21 years sober and I can't say if she is an alcoholic or if she just went even more off the rails than normal after the humiliation of her marriage/divorce from Tom. Time will tell. But I hate the way she used AA as a storyline. As well as the AA 12 Steps (which set out the programme of recovery) there are also the 12 Traditions, which are a guideline as to how AA should operate. Traditions 11 and 12 say:

11.  Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of  press, radio and films.

12.  Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

When celebrities announce they are in AA, they position themselves as representatives of AA, so that when they relapse (as so many of them do), they may give some people the impression that AA doesn’t work. Indeed, AA doesn’t work for everyone, particularly for people whose egos propel them into the spotlight to announce their supposed recoveries in total disregard for the 11th and 12th Traditions. People who don’t stay anonymous at that level are putting their own recoveries in danger as well as harming AA.

I know in the States it's different than in the UK, as we don't have court-ordered AA as you do in the USA. So when Luann was ordered to attend AA as part of her probation, it became a matter of public record. But that's where any reporting of AA needs to end. Luann talked openly about her meetings and her alleged recovery, but it was lip service rather than her actually doing the work that's needed to understand why she drank. So either she's not an alcoholic and she was just going along with what the judge said to get out of a jail sentence - in which case she is despicable - or she is an alcoholic but has no desire to change. Either way, she is a piece of trash.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 9

we all need the distraction at the moment

And take it where we can find it. Whether it's this show, scripted dramas, or a video clip someone sends you of 2 of the Kardashians slapping the shit out of each (which I might have laughed at a bit too much).

I can't say if she is an alcoholic or if she just went even more off the rails than normal after the humiliation of her marriage/divorce from Tom

I'd say the latter. And used it to get out of serving real jail time.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I'd say the latter. And used it to get out of serving real jail time.

I agree.  I think she did what she had to do in order to get this behind her, but I doubt that she took the AA meetings seriously enough to change her life.  I hope I'm wrong and I wish her health and happiness, but her sometimes flippant attitude about the whole thing tells me that she was just biding her time until she could resume her old lifestyle.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, essexjan said:

I hate Luann. I'm 21 years sober and I can't say if she is an alcoholic or if she just went even more off the rails than normal after the humiliation of her marriage/divorce from Tom. Time will tell. But I hate the way she used AA as a storyline. As well as the AA 12 Steps (which set out the programme of recovery) there are also the 12 Traditions, which are a guideline as to how AA should operate. Traditions 11 and 12 say:

When celebrities announce they are in AA, they position themselves as representatives of AA, so that when they relapse (as so many of them do), they may give some people the impression that AA doesn’t work. Indeed, AA doesn’t work for everyone, particularly for people whose egos propel them into the spotlight to announce their supposed recoveries in total disregard for the 11th and 12th Traditions. People who don’t stay anonymous at that level are putting their own recoveries in danger as well as harming AA.

First of all, what an accomplishment....21 years sober.  Wow!  I have a friend who is going into their 4th decade of sobriety, yet still attends meetings weekly, as it's such a powerful program.

I did not know the traditions:

"11.  Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of  press, radio and films.

12.  Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities."

So, thank you for pointing those out.  

You know, I've always despised LuAnn for her haughty, narcissistic personality, but when I saw her diss AA, it took my level of disgust for her to a new level.  Now I realize that not only was she belittling AA ("I didn't need it; I'm not "one" of them"), she was violating an AA Tradition.

We get it, LuAnn, you don't think you're an alcoholic.  I'm not your judge.  But for heaven's sake, woman, show some empathy and support to the thousands (millions?) of AA members for whom it's been a literal lifeline.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I agree.  I think she did what she had to do in order to get this behind her, but I doubt that she took the AA meetings seriously enough to change her life.  I hope I'm wrong and I wish her health and happiness, but her sometimes flippant attitude about the whole thing tells me that she was just biding her time until she could resume her old lifestyle.  

That and she started drinking on camera  again, with that good old alcoholic rage pretty quickly.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I agree with you on Dorit! I think she's so much better looking and that body of hers is BANGING.  Maybe it's just that Dorit has that irritating affectation.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, essexjan said:

I'm happy this is back as, God knows, we all need the distraction at the moment.

For the most part, I like Dorinda but once she starts drinking her true colours come out and she's mean and vindictive. She also treats John like crap. My favourite Dorinda is the one we see the morning after a party, at her house in the Berkshires or one one of the ladies' trips, where she's relaxed, in her PJs, with no make-up on, making breakfast for everyone. She can be funny and generous but in the last few seasons, the meanness has outweighed the niceness.

Tinsley is a vapid airhead who acts like a 15-year-old. I felt bad for her being bullied by Dorinda at the party.

Ramona is as nutty as ever, but I do like her, always have done. I'm sorry to hear she has Lyme's disease.

Sonja is trashy and low-class. These women are meant to be 'friends', but when Ramona arrived at Sonja's, I noticed Sonja sad "I didn't know Coco was still alive". If they were such great friends, then if Coca had died Sonja would have known about it.

I don't blame Sonja's daughter for not wanting anything to do with filming. Likewise, Dorinda's daughter appeared in her first season but hasn't (I think) shown her face since.

I don't like Leah, but if she turns on Luann, then I may well warm to her.

I know in the States it's different than in the UK, as we don't have court-ordered AA as you do in the USA. So when Luann was ordered to attend AA as part of her probation, it became a matter of public record. But that's where any reporting of AA needs to end. Luann talked openly about her meetings and her alleged recovery, but it was lip service rather than her actually doing the work that's needed to understand why she drank. So either she's not an alcoholic and she was just going along with what the judge said to get out of a jail sentence - in which case she is despicable - or she is an alcoholic but has no desire to change. Either way, she is a piece of trash.

Besides AA, there are a lot of things that shouldn’t been said or talked freely about.  For instance, and I hate to say it, but “blow jobs”.  I was mortified to hear that said on t.v., but that’s Bravo.  I’m married a long time and never talked like that even with my close girlfriends.  Unless I’m wrong .. I don’t know.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, AnnA said:

No need to be sorry........I miss her too!  So far there wasn't one smart ass or funny remark from any of the women.   

Me three for missing  Bethenny - although I know many hate her and I understand why. 

The key piece Bethenny has brought to this group is calling people out on their BS, especially Luann. The other ladies, while highly entertaining, are generally not capable of putting together concise thoughts or a cogent argument, and even if they have a good point, it often gets lost amidst the messiness and sloshing wine. Bethenny at least seemed somewhat grounded in reality.

It's obvious to me that the casting of Leah was an attempt to fill the Bethenny role, she gives off a similar vibe, but it remains to be seen what will happen.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

According to Brandi Denise is very oral about her sexuality.....err I mean vocal....never mind.

Can't Denise finds someone better to orally please?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

It annoys me with the "millions of people have that happen...why the focus on her (LuAnn)."  No, millions of people don't threaten cops, escape out of handcuffs.  This didn't "happen" to her; she created the situation and barely had a consequence.  And if a non-white woman did that they likely would have had to pay a steeper price.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12

I don’t blame Sonja’s daughter for not wanting anything to do with filming, either, but Hannah definitely showed up again to advise Dorinda about her move.  I remember, because she had gotten really, really skinny and had calmed down a little, but she was the same in many ways.  It was either last season or two seasons ago.

I hate Luann. I'm 21 years sober and I can't say if she is an alcoholic or if she just went even more off the rails than normal after the humiliation of her marriage/divorce from Tom. Time will tell. But I hate the way she used AA as a storyline.

I can see where you’re coming from, but I think it’s more the fault of the court system than any “addict/alcoholic” who makes AA vulnerable to corruption, like erosion of the traditions.

According to the show Mom (lol, I know, good source, I have others, but I’m keeping it light), “alcoholism” is a self-diagnosing disease.  If you think you’re an alcoholic, you will go there for help, and do your best to uphold the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions.  However, if a court sends you there, you didn’t choose it (I mean you chose it as an alternative to jail, but I don’t think people should have that choice, because who in their right mind is not going to chooses AA?). So now we have two diametrically opposed groups in the same AA meeting—people who do want to get sober, and people who don’t want to get sober, but are doing it at the point of a bayonet.  Doesn’t this insult the sober people who are doing this of their own volition?  And doesn’t it sort of fuck up their journey?

It reminds me of how people have asked me all my life, growing up and as an adult, what I am, what is my religion, what is my background, and I usually only give a bit of info, because it’s complicated, and I’m not going to explain something to someone who only wants a clean, pat answer.  In the past, when I’ve told people my maternal grandmother converted to Judaism many years before I was born, they’d get so excited and almost seem to want to peg me as Jewish by deducing, “well, if your grandmother’s Jewish, that passes down to your mom, which passes down to you, which means you’re Jewish!”  And it’s like, yes, that would be correct if I followed Jewish law, which I don’t, because I’m not Jewish, so...no dice.  And I’ve always wondered why people (Jewish and gentile alike) have seemed to have this vested interest in figuring me out and getting me to identify as a Jew.  Like...isn’t this the least bit insulting to the people who have been Bar Mitzvahed and attend synagogue, take mikvahs, and observe the Jewish holidays?  Aren’t those the Jewish people?  Why should I get credit when I’ve done none of that?

To bring it back around, that’s how I feel about Luann being in AA.  If someone doesn’t decide on their own that they’re an alcoholic and if they don’t qualify for membership (the requirement for membership is the desire to stop drinking, and Luann never had that), then there’s coercion involved in getting someone into AA.  If it’s court-ordered, the person in question didn’t self-diagnose as “alcoholic,” of course they’re not going to treat it with respect.  And I think that’s more of a systematic failure than an individual failure.  Stop sending people to AA like it’s a punishment, legal system!  It’s like suspending a kid from school and then wondering why he wasn’t productive at home—because he was under punishment.  Punishment is going to be met with much more defiance than responsibility.  

I know in the States it's different than in the UK, as we don't have court-ordered AA as you do in the USA.

Well, bless the UK for that.  I think it makes things so much better.  I think if you break the law by kicking a cop, you should go to jail.  If you come to the conclusion on your own that you have a sobriety problem, by all means, get sober!  But when the legal system gets involved, in an effort to be “compassionate” of course (!), there are perverse incentives, and if I was a member of AA who was there voluntarily, I’d be as resentful as hell that jail birds were there, sipping a free cup of coffee, while I was trying my damndest to be sober.  But I’m not sure I’d be as mad at the jail birds, who are acting in their own rational self-interest, than I’d be at the system that allowed them to be there in the first place.  

That’s just my $.02 about it, and how I’ve been feeling since I’ve even heard of court-ordered sobriety.  I’ve never seen it any other way.  It’s been weird to be a Luann fan and say she belonged in jail (from the details I’ve heard, I’d say 90 days exactly would be perfect, none of this early release for good behavior shit), but that’s how I’ve seen it.  If Luann went to jail for her crime, she’d have been out by late March 2018, credit time served, and all of this would have been behind her for over two years now!  Everyone, including Luann, would have probably have been happier, especially the people in AA who had to put up with months and months of “Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Countess speaking!” 😩

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t blame Sonja’s daughter for not wanting anything to do with filming, either, but Hannah definitely showed up again to advise Dorinda about her move.  I remember, because she had gotten really, really skinny and had calmed down a little, but she was the same in many ways.  It was either last season or two seasons ago.

I was thinking the same thing that she showed up on last year's show.

Hannah was so awkward and didn't come off well when she was on originally; slightly better the last time.  But I still think she's an odd bird.  Maybe Dorinda realized she wasn't going to be able to get a Hadid daughter out of her filming with her.

• Love 4
On 4/3/2020 at 3:02 PM, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I am so happy the girls are back.  Although they fight, it’s less trashy than what I witnessed on RHOA. Need something lighter right now.  Dorinda was a bitch last night but she will regret it and make things right. Want to see all these crazy fun single ladies live it up🍷🍾😀

Yep, and I want to see Red Scarf Guy, Rocco, Tom and all the guys they all have slept with at the Regency Bar.  I also want to see LuAnn on the stage singing her three songs at the Cabaret in her Jovani gowns. Plus her house upstate.  That’s all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Add me to the group that hates Dorinda’s hair.  She does need a softer style.  This one makes her look hard.  And that cadaver spray tan!  Yikes!  Leah reminds me of the pretty girl always hanging around some rock group.  She’s got to watch the filler, though.  She’s on the edge of having a serious duck lip.  Very distracting.  I miss Bethenny, too. Her talking heads were hysterical.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Add me to the group that hates Dorinda’s hair.  She does need a softer style.  This one makes her look hard.  And that cadaver spray tan!  Yikes!  Leah reminds me of the pretty girl always hanging around some rock group.  She’s got to watch the filler, though.  She’s on the edge of having a serious duck lip.  Very distracting.  I miss Bethenny, too. Her talking heads were hysterical.

Yes, Leah reminds me of a groopy, you’re right.  She wants to act cool.  Hate Bethenny or Love her, she was sharp as a tack and funny with her comebacks and thinking heads.  I have a feeling she will be back maybe next year with a reality show of her own.  I don’t believe she’s finished with reality t.v. forever.   Ps.  I meant groupy up there.  Don’t know how to change it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I totally remembered the Leah/Michael Che text “scandal” so I went into this episode fully prepared to dislike her. But I actually.... well, it’s too soon to say I like her. But I ... don’t dislike her? What can I say, maybe I’m a raunchier than I thought, but I straight up laughed at her assessment of William in the sack. “No that’s my thigh.” I mean we’ve all been there, amirite? Just me and my previous penchant for douchebags? Ok! 

I also kinda dug that she was the only one to have any sort of WTF reaction to Dorinda’s idiotic screaming at the party. Everybody else just laughed uncomfortably while Dorinda railed  against Tinsley for no good reason. Anyway time will tell! 

I actually thought Lu looked really good—I’m loving the longer hair on her. Sonja and Ramona, otoh, were looking a bit worse for wear. As for Dorinda’s new haircut, I’m firmly in the “hated it” category. 

On 4/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, candle96 said:

Me three for missing  Bethenny - although I know many hate her and I understand why. 

The key piece Bethenny has brought to this group is calling people out on their BS, especially Luann. The other ladies, while highly entertaining, are generally not capable of putting together concise thoughts or a cogent argument, and even if they have a good point, it often gets lost amidst the messiness and sloshing wine. Bethenny at least seemed somewhat grounded in reality.

It's obvious to me that the casting of Leah was an attempt to fill the Bethenny role, she gives off a similar vibe, but it remains to be seen what will happen.

Leah was actually  “recommended” for the show by Bethenny before she quit. So she wasn’t originally brought in as a Bethenny replacement; she was going to be on the show with or without Bethenny (although it’s possible she might have been a “friend of” had all of the original cast returned).

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes, Leah reminds me of a groopy, you’re right.  She wants to act cool.  Hate Bethenny or Love her, she was sharp as a tack and funny with her comebacks and thinking heads.  I have a feeling she will be back maybe next year with a reality show of her own.  I don’t believe she’s finished with reality t.v. forever.   Ps.  I meant groupy up there.  Don’t know how to change it.

Yes, Leah is a groupie and my first impression did her no favors in my eyes (she was trying too much). Over the years I may or may have not liked Bethenny as a person but her wit and comments were amazing. That made for great TV. I don’t personally like Jennifer on RHONJ but she makes good reality TV.

In the last couple of seasons I feel like Bethenny is still trying to banter and be witty  but there is so much nastiness and lack of self awareness that it is no longer enjoyable and turns me off big time. It is not even funny anymore. The same with Nene on RHOA - never a fan but the last two seasons she made the show entirely unwatchable because of her ego and loss of any kind of self awareness.

For me, I think the new Bethenny on RHONY is Luann. I used to enjoy her on my TV screen because of her ridiculous countess behavior, she was harmless fun.

in short, I am trying to say, that these “real housewives” used to be real human beings that make me laugh (sometimes with them, sometimes because of their actions). But these three women and several others across the franchise let fame and “likes” get to their head — they thought they were all that, but they actually aren’t. - instead, they ended up with  a hugely inflated sense of self-worth. 

Both Luann and Teresa from RHONJ just need to go away talking about how awful the last couple of years have been for them and people need to be nice to them because of this. Seriously, you both created most of the problems for your selves and if you took any modicum of responsibility I would haven given you are break....

We are in a different, scary time right now which makes their self-centeredness seem even more stupid than usual.

I don’t like  Bethenny and her “look at me” I’m helping others and you need to know about it makes me really not trust her. If her actions help save lives, I won’t complain, but I am still going to donate my dollars to the Salvation Army to help others and not B Strong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I totally remembered the Leah/Michael Che text “scandal” so I went into this episode fully prepared to dislike her. But I actually.... well, it’s too soon to say I like her. But I ... don’t dislike her? What can I say, maybe I’m a raunchier than I thought, but I straight up laughed at her assessment of William in the sack. “No that’s my problem thigh.” I mean we’ve all been there, amirite? Just me and my previous penchant for douchebags? Ok! 

I also kinda dug that she was the only one to have any sort of WTF reaction to Dorinda’s idiotic screaming at the party. Everybody else just laughed uncomfortably while Dorinda railed  against Tinsley for no good reason. Anyway time will tell! 

I actually thought Lu looked really good—I’m loving the longer hair on her. Sonja and Ramona, otoh, were looking a bit worse for wear. As for Dorinda’s new haircut, I’m firmly in the “hated it” category. 

Leah was actually  “recommended” for the show by Bethenny before she quit. So she wasn’t originally brought in as a Bethenny replacement; she was going to be on the show with or without Bethenny (although it’s possible she might have been a “friend of” had all of the original cast returned).

I don’t see why she was recommended as I don’t see much of a personality with Leah so far.  Time will tell I guess.  With Bethenny, we sort of seen her life from nothing to somebody.  From giving away cupcakes, she became a success.  We saw all her highs and lows.  Plus, I really think Dorinda is worse than people think Bethenny is.  At least Bethenny was funny.  Dorinda is not.  She’s left before, she might come back.  She’s hyper and can do ten things at once.  You never know.  Stranger things have happened.

• Love 2

I found this episode to be completely boring.  I kept checking the clock to see how much longer.

WTF is up with Dorinda, and her apparent belief that Tinsley owes her an explanation about her relationship with Scott? She is only bullying Tins because she can get away with it as Tins is a sweet person. Dorinda must go off the deep end when Tins gets engaged to Scott. In any case she is a mean bitch, and gets meaner every year. 

Agreed.  I wish Tinsley would say, "yes, Scott pays for everything....AND???"  Because why in the world does it even matter?  Would this info make Dorinda finally chill?  Her emotional investment in Tinsley's finances makes not a bit of sense. 

I also kinda dug that she was the only one to have any sort of WTF reaction to Dorinda’s idiotic screaming at the party. 

Me too.  Dorinda looked the fool, not Tinsley.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Her emotional investment in Tinsley's finances makes not a bit of sense. 

Apparently Dorinda thinks that in order to get to know Tinsley, she has to disclose everything about her life, down to the smallest details.  Dorinda needs to realize that not everybody wants to share every detail of their lives, even with friends in some cases.  If she really wants to be a friend to Tinsley, then she needs to accept that olive branch on Tinsley's terms - which seems reasonable to me!!  Tinsley was trying to be rational with her, but as usual, Dorinda went off the rails.   

• Love 11