Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Mothers & Daughters

• Start Topic

Eddie becomes obsessed with trying to resolve mistakes from his past, and Shelly and Delilah both take on planning a baby shower for Regina as Eve gives her and Rome shocking news. Meanwhile, Maggie’s new venture has her rethinking her relationship with Gary.

Airing Thursday, March 19, 2020.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Who is Shelly?

I think Regina’s mom?

Why are you planning a baby shower when you don’t have that baby IN YOUR HANDS yet?  These people are all kinds of stupid.  They deserve the heartbreak that is inevitable coming their way for going about this with completely unrealistic expectations.  All parties (Rome, Regina, Eve) should have been in parenting classes and therapy together prior to the birth of this baby and to prepare for all the emotions involved. FFS.  So so so so so cliche and I’m not here for it.  This is not how adoption works. 🤬.  Bunch of bumbling idiots screwing this up. 

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Doh! I never thought of her. I continue to hate everything about this storyline.

It’s hard to keep up with the revolving door of tertiary characters on this show!  

Also, I first read your post as Where’s Shelly and I thought we were headed for a Scientology storyline. 🤣

Agree in the hate of this storyline.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Why are you planning a baby shower when you don’t have that baby IN YOUR HANDS yet?

same question i was asking over at ‘chicago med,’ where choi (a physician) was putting together a crib before april (a nurse), who’a undergoing ivf (not surprisingly, the 1st round failed), is even pregnant!  i mean these people are medical professionals!

• Love 5

Eddie trying to resolve things from the past. Does Eddie attend AA or did he just stop drinking on his own?. I would think if he went/still goes to AA meetings, he would have gone thru the various steps involved. Making amends etc. Having  an affair with your best friends wife isn’t necessarily a sign that you might be close to a slip (sip?), but he’s back hanging with his sister and Dakota, one “sober”,  one using and his wife quit her job, so money may soon become an issue. He may need to reinforce his resolve. 

• Love 1
On 3/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, geauxaway said:

Why are you planning a baby shower when you don’t have that baby IN YOUR HANDS yet?  These people are all kinds of stupid.  They deserve the heartbreak that is inevitable coming their way for going about this with completely unrealistic expectations.  

Is it really any different than planning a baby shower for a pregnant woman before she gives birth? I've seen people throw showers for women who are about to adopt, they did it to feel like the woman wasn't less of a mother than others.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

Is it really any different than planning a baby shower for a pregnant woman before she gives birth? I've seen people throw showers for women who are about to adopt, they did it to feel like the woman wasn't less of a mother than others.

There is no reason they couldn’t have a baby shower for her after she brings the baby home and it is legally hers.  But I know this is a plot line on a TV show, so of course they have to amp up the drama.  I guess I haven’t been paying too close attention to what kind of agreement or parenting plan they have in place for this adoption.  I’m basing my opinions on my own experience as an adoptive parent.  For the record, I adopted an older kid, not a baby and while I did not have a shower many friends and family sent us gifts and well wishes once the adoption was legally complete.  I would not have accepted anything prior to that, and mine was a court ordered TPR and placement, he was in my care for 2 years before it was all said and done.  Still a lot of uncertainty until it is signed, sealed and delivered.  

I’m not against the concept of the shower, I just think the timing is dumb.  But then again, DRAMA!

• Love 3
On 3/14/2020 at 7:23 PM, geauxaway said:

There is no reason they couldn’t have a baby shower for her after she brings the baby home and it is legally hers.  But I know this is a plot line on a TV show, so of course they have to amp up the drama.  I guess I haven’t been paying too close attention to what kind of agreement or parenting plan they have in place for this adoption.  I’m basing my opinions on my own experience as an adoptive parent.  For the record, I adopted an older kid, not a baby and while I did not have a shower many friends and family sent us gifts and well wishes once the adoption was legally complete.  I would not have accepted anything prior to that, and mine was a court ordered TPR and placement, he was in my care for 2 years before it was all said and done.  Still a lot of uncertainty until it is signed, sealed and delivered.  

I’m not against the concept of the shower, I just think the timing is dumb.  But then again, DRAMA!

I don't think they have any real plan in place, and that is why it will fall through so easily.

I think it is a valid point, and there is no reason you couldn't have a shower after the baby is home.  But I was just saying I've seen it done beforehand in real life too.

• Love 2

Well...the show has me rooting for Gary/Darcy to last, but it's just so clear that it won't. Which...boo because we're likely stuck with Maggie and I've decided that I may actually hate Maggie MORE than Delilah at this point. I know, shocker. 

I really like the scenes with Gary/Darcy. I really like how smitten they are...and plus side, they didn't meet under weird circumstances! And Darcy seems really great.

Plus, Darcy gets to be Katherine's friend! Katherine gets another friend! Hooray! I loved the Katherine scenes a lot. I love seeing her plan her vow renewal. 

I was hoping for more with Eddie and his sister. It's almost there and we're getting closer to the mystery of Alex's death. I still stand by my theory that they likely just went out on the row boat and she accidentally fell in and drowned. But now we know that he likely tried to save her but was probably too drunk to and barely made it back to shore before he passed out. So...definitely not his fault, but it looks like Alex's father probably saw the two out on the boat together and that's why he blames Eddie for her death.

Boom! Solved the mystery. And we'll see Eddie relapse in the final moments of the finale. Hand me my prize, show. 

*sighs* This baby stuff is really pissing me off. Regina didn't even want to be a mom four months ago. And now she's completely nuts over it. It's just way too fast for this turnaround. She was ADAMANT on not having kids. Now, she's crazy over a newborn. 

Also. thanks to Eve for setting boundaries and deciding to do a closed adoption. The relationship was getting a bit weird at times. 

Maggie...GO TO OXFORD ALREADY. 

Delilah tells Sophie about her new boyfriend and Sophie is, for some reason, excited? Really? I get maybe wanting to not hold her mom back on dating again, but she was genuinely excited...just over a year after her dad died and you'd think that Sophie would be more conflicted, at best...or pissed off, at worst. Delilah can never ever ever lose. 

Ok, Delilah and Maggie tie as the worst characters I've seen on a show in ages. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

I like Gary and Darcy too. To bad she will probably get her heart broken and then Katherine will lose her as a friend. But since we haven't heard of her before two episodes ago she probably is not a great friend.

Did Regina say she told Gary that Maggie still loved him? Or that she told Maggie that? I don't remember exactly, but I do remember that last week I thought she and Rome were not clear enough when they talked to Maggie/Gary. They didn't tell Maggie that Gary bought her the wine and they didn't tell Gary that Maggie wanted it to be from him.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Delilah tells Sophie about her new boyfriend and Sophie is, for some reason, excited? Really? I get maybe wanting to not hold her mom back on dating again, but she was genuinely excited...just over a year after her dad died and you'd think that Sophie would be more conflicted, at best...or pissed off, at worst. Delilah can never ever ever lose. 

It's staggering how much Nash has missed the mark with Delilah. He clearly believed that she was going to be loved by the fans for....reasons? I can't fathom what he was thinking, but he clearly believed that we were all going to be on Team Delilah. And he has since spent this season all about redeeming her through out of nowhere nonsense (like her dad telling Sophie the way-to-on-point story that made Sophie forgive her mom completely) and now that he feels he has done so, he thinks we're back to being on Team Delilah and will therefore dig stories like this one between Sophie and Delilah.

But...well...you know, no one is on Team Delilah. 

No one.

Maybe Elliot. That little kid was a true wild card.

• Love 8

That chat with Delilah and her young stud, cringe worthy. I mean really? He wasn't a great actor or maybe too much to handle. 😉 No way Sophie is routing for her mom and new young guy, her reaction overhearing was real but later? The "dog" jokes, maybe I never had that type of closeness with my mom, but I was like "Please stop"!

The shower, a nice filler but predictable. I do feel Eve's pain, that was real. Why they thought she'd compartmentalize so much, IDK. I forgot why she wanted to give up her baby for adoption but if it was just to go to school, etc. she will have a lot of doubts. I see lots of "soap" issues down the road.

I also want Gary without Maggie, why tease us, can't she just go? Gary wont feel as comfortable with someone new right away, that's natural.  They had them bond over cancer at first but that dominated their relationship, it doesn't always mean it's healthy. My sister lost her husband to a grief counseling group, he had a son before they married and so did she. He died in a freak accident and her husband bonded with someone in his group. Later, few years, he wanted to come back but she moved on. They understood each other, but later he realized, it was the main thing they had in common. I don't expect MLT to go that deep but Maggie and Gary don't have to be together because they both had cancer. 

Eddie goes back after she tells him definitively not too. What did he expect, coffee?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, debraran said:

I don't expect MLT to go that deep but Maggie and Gary don't have to be together because they both had cancer.

If you're expecting the show to go past puddle-deep, you'd be asking too much.

But damn, this cast has so many good actors in it! I can't help but want to still tune in for them. 

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, geauxaway said:

Why are you planning a baby shower when you don’t have that baby IN YOUR HANDS yet?  These people are all kinds of stupid.  They deserve the heartbreak that is inevitable coming their way for going about this with completely unrealistic expectations.  

I don't think it is dumb, it is just how humans are, emotional. People get excited and don't really think, or don't want to think about a possible setback, as much as the situation is screaming at their faces. Denial moves a lot of our actions, unfortunately. 

Having said that, the whole thing might be to up the drama when the baby doesn't come and we can have three episodes of deep grief and all the friends skipping work to comfort Regina and Rome, who will obviously not work either. That's the show's M.O. isn't it?

On 3/13/2020 at 11:36 PM, iwasish said:

Eddie trying to resolve things from the past. Does Eddie attend AA or did he just stop drinking on his own?

Reading this and not really knowing the answer, I wish he never attended. For once, I would like to see a different approach. I know it is important to many people, I actually know people that have attended and actually been helped by the meetings. But the success rate is very low and, personally, I think it is skewed towards religion, which is not my scene. It would be interesting to see something different on TV shows.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, debraran said:

The shower, a nice filler but predictable. I do feel Eve's pain, that was real. Why they thought she'd compartmentalize so much, IDK. I forgot why she wanted to give up her baby for adoption but if it was just to go to school, etc. she will have a lot of doubts. I see lots of "soap" issues down the road.

She was in a violent relationship and she felt she had to get out and get away from the father, plus she wants to finish school.  I also think she'll have regrets, but the father was the main reason she felt the baby would be better off with adoptive parents. 

• Love 4

Ugh, Regina's mom continues to be super annoying. She just can't keep her comments to herself and somehow she seems to think that this baby shower is about her, not Regina. I was so glad when Regina told her that she doesn't have to understand her relationship with Eve because I was thinking the same thing - you don't have to understand it. You just have to accept it.

Eddie was an ass for blaming his sister for reminding him about Alex. Gross.

Normally I would complaining that we are getting a lot of Katherine's heretofore unknown friend Darcy, but I'm just glad she has a supportive friend outside of this codependent group.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well...the show has me rooting for Gary/Darcy to last, but it's just so clear that it won't. Which...boo because we're likely stuck with Maggie and I've decided that I may actually hate Maggie MORE than Delilah at this point. I know, shocker. 

I really like the scenes with Gary/Darcy. I really like how smitten they are...and plus side, they didn't meet under weird circumstances! And Darcy seems really great.

Plus, Darcy gets to be Katherine's friend! Katherine gets another friend! Hooray! I loved the Katherine scenes a lot. I love seeing her plan her vow renewal. 

I was hoping for more with Eddie and his sister. It's almost there and we're getting closer to the mystery of Alex's death. I still stand by my theory that they likely just went out on the row boat and she accidentally fell in and drowned. But now we know that he likely tried to save her but was probably too drunk to and barely made it back to shore before he passed out. So...definitely not his fault, but it looks like Alex's father probably saw the two out on the boat together and that's why he blames Eddie for her death.

Boom! Solved the mystery. And we'll see Eddie relapse in the final moments of the finale. Hand me my prize, show. 

*sighs* This baby stuff is really pissing me off. Regina didn't even want to be a mom four months ago. And now she's completely nuts over it. It's just way too fast for this turnaround. She was ADAMANT on not having kids. Now, she's crazy over a newborn. 

Also. thanks to Eve for setting boundaries and deciding to do a closed adoption. The relationship was getting a bit weird at times. 

Yeah, the Sophie thing.,, when my parents split the last thing I wanted to hear or even know about was who they were sleeping with.

Rome is so over the top annoying. Can’t buy a car because he overheard a father/son argument? He barely tolerated his own father  up til the last couple weeks, that should be more of a red flag. His puns annoy me too. Along with his trademark wide eyed look of panic, bewilderment etc. 

If Alex’s father is still that angry, it’s hard to believe there wasn’t more fallout back when she drowned, This could go a couple of ways, Eddie being responsible for her death, it being an accident caused by alcohol/drug use, or Eddie’s sister has a role in it. 

And again, we have to listen to the irritating overly precocious Theo. “Are you feeling overwhelmed?” 

Gary’s new love interest... he’s all about the short term flings, until he finds someone that   Is struggling/broken in some way. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Love Darcy and hope she sticks around.

Yeah, Maggie, just go.  If it is really meant to be for her and Gary a year apart for her to do something she supposedly really, really wanted to do would be a good idea. But I don't like her, so I want her to go and stay over there and find her true love.

Unless Eddie purposely drowned Alex and I really doubt that, I understand him wanting to know the details but not sure what it will prove.  Too drunk to save her? OK, but I take it she was drunk too, so it was just a horrible accident. But then his sister would not be saying this has obsessed her all her life. Don't get it.

Don't like Regina's mother at all. Good that she came around to being supportive but just don't like her.

I really hate Delilah and nothing they can do by making her look so happy can change that.  Still no guilt for the affair. And now Sophie is all onboard with her hooking up with this guy? Not likely.

I don't know why I watch this show.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

She was in a violent relationship and she felt she had to get out and get away from the father, plus she wants to finish school.  I also think she'll have regrets, but the father was the main reason she felt the baby would be better off with adoptive parents. 

and after the way they played up how horrible the baby's father was, he just walks away and all is well?

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

And again, we have to listen to the irritating overly precocious Theo. “Are you feeling overwhelmed?” 

"Do you want to do a breathing exercise?"

I think none of these writers have ever met a ten-year-old.

The sous-chef in training onesie was very cute. Regina getting all emotional over it with Eve sitting right next to her was...ugh.

On Katherine and Eddie, I'll just quote the TVLine recap: "(Side note: If Eddie really doesn’t want any secrets to come between him and Katherine, and if their relationship is going so well, why doesn’t he just… tell her what’s going on?)"

As for why some people question the wisdom of a baby shower at this point, I'll quote a comment from "Kate" on that same article: "As someone who’s adopted a child at birth, the baby shower story was horrifying. We experienced 2 disrupted adoptions, one before birth, one a week after we brought the baby home. It’s not a good idea to have a baby shower for an adoptive family before the baby arrives." (I also thought of a former boss, who was in the process of adopting and their first attempt fell through when the mother changed her mind during the three-day waiting period after the baby was born.)

3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

and after the way they played up how horrible the baby's father was, he just walks away and all is well?

I was wondering if he had something to do with why she was telling them she can't maintain a relationship with them.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

He’ll be back. 

Does anyone else see Regina’s mom and think that’s how Maggie will look and act when she’s that age?

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, iwasish said:

8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

"Do you want to do a breathing exercise?"

I think none of these writers have ever met a ten-year-old.

Yes, to both of these quotes!  I don't like to criticize the child actor but these writers can't make up their minds.  Is Theo a wise old sage or somewhat immature for his age?  Because his character veers wildly between these two extremes!  RME

• Love 6
10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Did Regina say she told Gary that Maggie still loved him? Or that she told Maggie that? I don't remember exactly, but I do remember that last week I thought she and Rome were not clear enough when they talked to Maggie/Gary. They didn't tell Maggie that Gary bought her the wine and they didn't tell Gary that Maggie wanted it to be from him.

I'm fairly sure Regina did tell Maggie that Gary bought the wine. Rome was dumb in only blabbing that Maggie was going to Oxford.

ETA: can we hope that Maggie goes to Oxford and takes Theo with her?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, cinsays said:

He’s hanging out with Ashley, PJ, and Barbara Morgan at the apartment. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, iwasish said:

If Alex’s father is still that angry, it’s hard to believe there wasn’t more fallout back when she drowned, This could go a couple of ways, Eddie being responsible for her death, it being an accident caused by alcohol/drug use, or Eddie’s sister has a role in it. 

This, exactly. The phone call elicited an ugly response from the sister, and Dad all but ran them off on sight. Lindsay did say last week that it was their last day at the cabin, but there's no way that none of this came up at the time of her death. Eddie may have been too high and drunk to remember that night, but the days following?

52 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Eddie was an ass for blaming his sister for reminding him about Alex. Gross.

I wouldn't say he was an ass for this, it's the truth. She is digging into this now because she's sober and she remembers it, but Eddie was blissfully ignorant until then. She clearly thinks that Eddie is guilty of something, and she feels guilty for having left them alone after giving them their first cocaine ffs. I guess they are going to use whatever happened as the reason they both ended up with substance abuse problems. But she's waited all these years, she couldn't have let them have their vow renewal before blowing things up? It's all about her, so yeah, I'm okay with Eddie calling that out, even if it is right/necessary that the truth comes out.

• Love 8

This show seems to reinvent itself periodically. Or change writers, or something.  The tone changes every so often.  I remember the first big shift was the episode about Regina's uncle and the big reveal that she had been molested as a child. Nothing had been leading up to that revelation, but ta-da!  We suddenly got this dramatic episode about abuse and it was like watching an entirely different show after that. 

I think we're heading for another shift. I don't know if Maggie is really leaving for a year (or longer) and if Gary will get into a real relationship, or if Eddie is headed for jail (btw I cannot stand his sister, ugh), but the show is not the same show it was at the beginning of the season. 

The arc from earlier in the season finished, and has not really been replaced, in my opinion. I'm still watching because I like the cast, with Grace Park, Sam Pancake, James Roday, David Guintoli, and Romany Malco being the standouts, but as always, I wish they would up the story arcs. 

5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This, exactly. The phone call elicited an ugly response from the sister, and Dad all but ran them off on sight. Lindsay did say last week that it was their last day at the cabin, but there's no way that none of this came up at the time of her death. Eddie may have been too high and drunk to remember that night, but the days following?

I wouldn't say he was an ass for this, it's the truth. She is digging into this now because she's sober and she remembers it, but Eddie was blissfully ignorant until then. She clearly thinks that Eddie is guilty of something, and she feels guilty for having left them alone after giving them their first cocaine ffs. I guess they are going to use whatever happened as the reason they both ended up with substance abuse problems. But she's waited all these years, she couldn't have let them have their vow renewal before blowing things up? It's all about her, so yeah, I'm okay with Eddie calling that out, even if it is right/necessary that the truth comes out.

This happened at a vacation home, if I recall correctly. And Eddie said that it was the last time the 2 families got together there. Eddie calls the dead girls sister (still has her number after all these years?) and she freaks out, saying her father is ill, leave me alone. Eddie and his sister drive to the lake house and the sick dad is there to confront them? Did the daughter ran to her “sick” father to give him a heads up?  It’s either going to be a whole lot of nothing or something big. 

• Love 1

I don't think we have seen the end of the baby's father.  There will be much more drama and Gina will cry into her baby gifts.  I think in the end they will get the baby, but not without some heartache.  How many times do we have to see Maggie packing and or unpacking her apartment?  Darcey seems so genuine, I like the character and like her with Gary but the end game will be Maggie and Gary together again I am sure.  What is the background on this Alex, Coleen and family?  Were they family friends?  Did the Seville's go to their summer home?  Did I miss the background on this story?  Delilah and Theo continue to be annoying.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jalady said:

Yes, to both of these quotes!  I don't like to criticize the child actor but these writers can't make up their minds.  Is Theo a wise old sage or somewhat immature for his age?  Because his character veers wildly between these two extremes!  RME

ITA!  It's just ridiculous; he goes between acting like a 5 year old and someone wise beyond his years.  

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

All I could think of while Maggie was packing was "Surprise!  England has different voltage than the US.  You're going to burn out your record player and have to buy a new one."

It’s not for life. Why drag all that stuff to England?. She can access tons of it on the internet. Put it in storage and travel light. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

ITA!  It's just ridiculous; he goes between acting like a 5 year old and someone wise beyond his years.  

Theo is definitely a weird character, but I think the "wise beyond his years" stuff is just him parroting things his actually wise mother has taught him. So, in the vast realm of annoying things Theo does (and there are many of him, as he is quite annoying), I didn't take his "Are you overwhelmed?"as him actually being observant, but rather just parroting back something his mom (and possibly his dad) had told him.

Speaking of Katherine and how great she is, remember how Gary wanted Eddie to divorce her in the first episode because he thought she was terrible? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

Speaking of Katherine and how great she is, remember how Gary wanted Eddie to divorce her in the first episode because he thought she was terrible? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I don't think anyone particularly liked Katherine in the first episode.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Theo is definitely a weird character, but I think the "wise beyond his years" stuff is just him parroting things his actually wise mother has taught him. So, in the vast realm of annoying things Theo does (and there are many of him, as he is quite annoying), I didn't take his "Are you overwhelmed?"as him actually being observant, but rather just parroting back something his mom (and possibly his dad) had told him.

He learned it from the shrink they sent him to.

I find it particularly annoying when kids call their parents repeatedly asking when they’ll be home. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

He learned it from the shrink they sent him to.

Good point. But the same thing applies, he's just parroting back something he just learned. It's like how the kids of "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" know certain things because they literally just learned them and can repeat them back now, but an adult can't remember them anymore. 

11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't think anyone particularly liked Katherine in the first episode.

That was another area where Nash flopped. He cast too good of an actress as Katherine when he recast the role with Grace Park, and so suddenly, nobody wanted to root for Eddie/Delilah, as Katherine was so much more interesting than Delilah and it just made Eddie look like SUCH a tool. 

• Love 9

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with Eve and for her to decide she wants to keep the baby. Now that the abusive ex is...just kind of gone I guess, does she have other reasons to not keep the baby? I can guess that she would want to go back to school, cant afford to take care of the kid, etc. but we haven't gotten too into the details. And of course, now that Rome has gotten his way and they are having a kid, which Regina didnt want, now Rome is the one freaking out (and didnt even get the car they decided on because he heard some random argument, and probably also heard Cats in the Cradle on the radio on the way home) and Regina is crying with excitement. 

I actually like Gary and Darcy, even if she seems to be destined to be another "I represent some social issue and will disappear after I teach the cast some very important lesson" character. They seem to work well together and enjoy being around each other, which is a nice change from Maggie and Gary, who by the end were bringing out the worst in each other and could barley stand to be in the same room. I am so not looking forward to Gary and Maggie getting back together, I just dont think they work in the long term. They met at a very emotionally vulnerable time (Maggie's cancer came back, Jon had just died) and really built their relationship on recovery, which was fine at the time, but now that the cancer is in remission and Gary is recovering from Jons death, what else do they have? Besides a dognapped dog of course. 

It definitely seems like it will turn out that Eddie tried to save Alex, but got lost because he was high and drunk and wasnt able to save her, I dont think for a second he deliberately did anything to her. As much as Alex's family seem to blame Eddie for what happened, it sounds like, while this was an accident, it was a bit more on Lindsay if anything. She was the one who brought the coke and gave it to Eddie and Alex, and then left them outside by the water, high and drunk, then didnt check to see where Alex was, even when she found Eddie passed out and soaking wet, until the morning. Eddie getting pissed at Lindsay for bringing up old wounds was very harsh and probably a bit unfair, but it also seems rather unfair for her to bring up these traumatic memories for Eddie, and telling him how this all could have been his fault, as a part of her own recovery and apparent desire for closure. This all seems pretty meh to be honestly. 

Of course Sophie is super happy for Delilah for nailing this younger guy after being surprised for three seconds. Of course, what teen who lost her father in a traumatic death and then found out her mom cheated on him wouldn't be psyched to hear that she was moving on!

11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

That was another area where Nash flopped. He cast too good of an actress as Katherine when he recast the role with Grace Park, and so suddenly, nobody wanted to root for Eddie/Delilah, as Katherine was so much more interesting than Delilah and it just made Eddie look like SUCH a tool. 

It is kind of funny seeing how much the show did a huge massive 180 when it came to Katherine after the first few episodes. It seemed like they originally wanted to write Katherine as this cold hearted workaholic who drove Eddie to cheat on her, and that Eddie would ditch her and end up with Delilah. However, not only did Nash and company not realize that many audience members arent really big fans of cheating, even if the person being cheated on is supposedly emotionally unavailable or whatever, but they cast Grace Park, and likable and talented actress who already has a following, in the role. So they basically had to change what I think was the original plan (Delilah and Eddie as an end game pairing and Katherine as a disposable jerk spouse who would disappear) to make Katherine more sympathetic and totally pivot away from Delilah and Eddie as a couple, and instead had Eddie and Katherine work things out. Of course, David and Grace have WAY better chemistry anyway, so it kind of worked out, except now they have to double down on people talking about how awesome Delilah is because without a pairing for a spouse to try and redeem themselves to, she is just left looking like an asshole who cheated on her suicidaly depressed husband with one of his best friends. They talked her up and even had Jon return from the dead to tell her how HE was the real jerk the whole time, but it just never worked. They had to deviate from what I strongly suspect was the original plan, and while some of it still worked out ok, mostly the revamp of Katherine and Katherine/Eddie, Delilah is just left dangling around.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

In the episode before this one when Gary was talking to Rome and Eddie he said Eddie was in a "loveless" marriage a year ago.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Of course, David and Grace have WAY better chemistry anyway, so it kind of worked out, except now they have to double down on people talking about how awesome Delilah is because without a pairing for a spouse to try and redeem themselves to, she is just left looking like an asshole who cheated on her suicidaly depressed husband with one of his best friends. They talked her up and even had Jon return from the dead to tell her how HE was the real jerk the whole time, but it just never worked. They had to deviate from what I strongly suspect was the original plan, and while some of it still worked out ok, mostly the revamp of Katherine and Katherine/Eddie, Delilah is just left dangling around.

Yeah, excellent point about how they had no real avenue to logically redeem Delilah, while Eddie had Katherine to play off of and their great chemistry to redeem him. 

23 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

In the episode before this one when Gary was talking to Rome and Eddie he said Eddie was in a "loveless" marriage a year ago.

Yeah, that's the retconned version of the story. "You guys were in a loveless marriage" now, while back then it was, "Leave your bitch of a wife." 

• Love 2

The more that I think about it, the more that I'm steaming over Rome betraying Maggie's confidence to tell Gary that she's leaving for England, but NOT to tell Gary that Maggie still loves him. What a total dick move.

A dick move that doesn't fit what any real person would do, of course, just for extra annoying measure. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Good point. But the same thing applies, he's just parroting back something he just learned. It's like how the kids of "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" know certain things because they literally just learned them and can repeat them back now, but an adult can't remember them anymore. 

I never understood the appeal of that show for the adult contestants. If you win - big deal, you SHOULD be smarter than a 5th grader. If you lose - you don't know as much as a kid and look like an idiot.

If this were a different show, I'd say Maggie isn't packing up to move all her stuff to England, but to put most of it in storage, because it doesn't make any sense to ship all of it for a short term stay. But it isn't a different show.

I had to laugh at the outfit Rome's mom left for them to take the baby home from the hospital. Rome must have been a huge baby, 'cause that definitely wasn't newborn sized. 

I like Gary better with Darcy, and to be fair, he seemed really into her - and respectful of her - before she had the PTSD moment. So his initial attraction did seem, to me, to be about her problems. I think they already have more chemistry than Gary and Maggie - and I never really hated their relationship like some. Darcy's definitely better for him, though.

I think having the baby shower, in this specific situation, seems ill considered. Not all showers for all adoptive parents, but these parents and birth mother (and loose canon birth father) in particular.

So, if this guy Delilah picked up in the bar was supposed to be just a hook up, what's she doing meeting him again in broad daylight? That seems more like trying to create a relationship. I admit, it's been a long time since I was in the dating/hook up game, but I thought the point of a hook up was a pleasant evening without needing to carry it further.

Sophie's initial reaction was way more believable than her giggly acceptance/embracing of Delilah's new sex life.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

The more that I think about it, the more that I'm steaming over Rome betraying Maggie's confidence to tell Gary that she's leaving for England, but NOT to tell Gary that Maggie still loves him. What a total dick move.

A dick move that doesn't fit what any real person would do, of course, just for extra annoying measure. 

Yeah, I feel like Gary asked Darcy out because he thought Maggie was leaving and moving on. But if Rome had told him Maggie still loved him, he may have tried to stop her from leaving.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Rome must have been a huge baby, 'cause that definitely wasn't newborn sized. 

Well, neither are most TV newborns, so...😛

Did they ever reveal the gender to the audience?

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

I figured the outfit meant it’s a boy.

Makes sense; I was just wondering if they actually said it out loud.

Also thought it was kinda weird that they wanted Eve to stay and celebrate with them after she gave them the envelope when they knew she didn't want to know. So they were going to celebrate knowing the gender without mentioning what it was?