Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: No Matter What the Future Brings

• Start Topic

SEASON FINALE!

As Grace prepares to attend her first dance, Wade strongly feels Jill's absence and leans on his friends to get through it. Wade, Forrest, Delia, Ben and Michelle reflect on growing older and the changes their lives have undergone in the past year.

Original air date: 3/12/20

• Love 1

I was glad Wade was fine with not dating for awhile but I knew when skunk lady appeared that would be his next love interest.

The kids are likable on this show, I usually don't care for the stereotypical precocious "aren't I cute?" sitcom kids. They are doing a good job with keeping the main focus on Wade and the adults.

I liked that when Michelle said she was going back to school that her husband was happy for her. Also thought it was cute that they added Forrest's name to the cake to congratulate him for his new job.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 7

Grace looked so pretty in her first dance dress! I was happy for her.

The scene where Wade went to Jill's grave was so beautiful. I wish we had more scenes like that through the season, if you think about it the only other time we see Wade be wistful about the loss of his wife is in the episode where he is looking for Jill's recipe book for a thanksgiving meal, and the moment when he finally finds  the book was so impactful - but very brief. I want more! So please be renewed 😉 .

• Love 10

Delia being so flustered at her hot-and-now-grown-up-former-patient was hilarious.

I love this show. Walton Goggins is the man. Everyone is like someone you know in real life. I'm totally Forrest. lol Crossing everything possible for renewal. I'm pretty sure it will be.

• Love 9

I loved it when Forrest shows up for the job interview:  "Your beanie has a beanie on it."  "Yeah, it's meta."

I can sympathize with both Wade and future girlfriend.  I was leaving for work early one morning (like, about dawn), and one of my little dogs got out and found a skunk, and decided to attack.  Fortunately I was not party to the result, but I got them separated, and poor little Cinnamon was quarantined like a coronavirus victim.

At least Wade can find her in the offseason.  He doesn't even have to know her name.

Grace at the after party was tops.  "Don't you have anything else to do?"

• Love 7

This show better return after a neat cliffhanger like that! Natalia Zea would be a wonderful cast member addition.

Not a big deal, but Facebook allows you to turn your deceased loved ones' pages into honorary pages, so all of the comments would remain and you wouldn't get those ghastly reminders of your dead loved ones' birthdays. Wade really should have just done that. It is pretty simple to do. I did it for my mom right before her birthday would have begun popping up (as, yeah, that's a fucked up notification). 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

This show better return after a neat cliffhanger like that! Natalia Zea would be a wonderful cast member addition.

Not a big deal, but Facebook allows you to turn your deceased loved ones' pages into honorary pages, so all of the comments would remain and you wouldn't get those ghastly reminders of your dead loved ones' birthdays. Wade really should have just done that. It is pretty simple to do. I did it for my mom right before her birthday would have begun popping up (as, yeah, that's a fucked up notification). 

I feel like it is in-character for Wade to not know that is an option 😄

• Love 7

Loved seeing the former Mrs Raylan Givens show up to maybe be Boyd Crowder's new girlfriend. 

Wade at his wife's grave made me cry, not gonna lie. 

I hope this show gets picked up for next season. It's just so sweet. 

• Love 12

Michelle and Ben's realization that in several years Noah would learn how to drive was great!

I don't know how the show did it, but they've managed to write a few non-typical children's parts as well as full adult characters.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Loved seeing the former Mrs Raylan Givens show up to maybe be Boyd Crowder's new girlfriend. 

Olyphant could appear as her Ghost!Ex-husband...Or a living current boyfriend that Wade must defeat in a skunk trapping challenge....

• Love 3

Love the show and love the finale! (I need them to tell me it’s renewed PRONTO). I may be the only one that wasn’t excited about Natalie Zea as a new love interest tho. I really loved the mature way they handled Anna and Caroline, and leaving Wade with Jill’s memory and his family (sans love interest) would have been a better ending imo.

If Natalie Zea is the “one” for Wade? I wish they had them meet differently. I know it’s meant to parallel how he met Jill to an extent but something skeeves me out about meeting a woman steps from your wife’s grave. That combined with a skunk? Feels like bad luck! 

I guess I’m just wondering if Natalie Zea will be a great new relationship of Wade’s life or if she’ll be something of a red herring. Maybe a lesson about going after women that feel like Jill 2.0 because you’ll never be able to replace her? Or not putting too much stock in how you met Jill vs. how you meet new women because starting a new relationship with expectations of an old one can be a bad thing. 

Edited by kittykolecki
  • Love 1

I've only caught up with this show now. Took me a while to shake off Boyd Crowder but the whole cast is great and I appreciate that the focus isn't solely on Wade and his friends' crazy meddling in his love life.

I like Natalie Zea but it's way too early for Wade to meet the One - not from a psychological POV but simply from a writing one.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 6

While reading through everyone's posts, I was wondering who "Boyd Crowder" was. I always refer to him as the bad guy on Justified😄

For folks who haven't seen Walton Goggins in a comedic role prior to this show, I highly recommend Vice Principals. I don't usually like Danny McBride as a main character, but I gave it a chance and am glad I did!

Back to the show, I didn't realize it was a season finale until reading it here and it was a great note to end the season on.

I really enjoy every character on this show and with a lot of my favorite shows ending (The Good Place and Schitt's Creek, mainly), another smart, funny show is a welcome replacement!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Bet he'd love some durian!

Hee!!! I only recognized this reference because my son showed me a youtube video of Coyote Peterson trying to eat some durian!  It looked terrible! Noah would definitely love it.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Noah said that that was the worst thing he had ever smelled, and then kept actively smelling, with a smile on his face! Love him!

I finished my binge and this legit got the biggest guffaw from me.  His face!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/14/2020 at 7:41 PM, MissLucas said:

I've only caught up with this show now. Took me a while to shake off Boyd Crowder but the whole cast is great and I appreciate that the focus isn't solely on Wade and his friends' crazy meddling in his love life.

I like Natalie Zea but it's way too early for Wade to meet the One - not from a psychological POV but simply from a writing one.

I agree.  After that lovely scene at Jill's grave, he runs into a quirky, beautiful woman and thinks she's the one.  I was practically rolling my eyes.  Can we just give him a break from women for awhile?

We love this show!

• Love 3
On 3/16/2020 at 10:36 AM, Catfi9ht said:

While reading through everyone's posts, I was wondering who "Boyd Crowder" was. I always refer to him as the bad guy on Justified😄

For folks who haven't seen Walton Goggins in a comedic role prior to this show, I highly recommend Vice Principals. I don't usually like Danny McBride as a main character, but I gave it a chance and am glad I did!

Back to the show, I didn't realize it was a season finale until reading it here and it was a great note to end the season on.

I really enjoy every character on this show and with a lot of my favorite shows ending (The Good Place and Schitt's Creek, mainly), another smart, funny show is a welcome replacement!

Completely agree. I knew decades ago WG was something special, and had he never been in VP I never would have bothered as Danny McBride honestly just doesn't do it for me. It's a very crude show and something I would normally not watch. But it's one of those things that once I did, (because of WG)  I was so glad I did. Lee Russell is one of WG's best roles to date. He's worlds apart from Wade ,and yet....both made me laugh AND cry.  

I wouldn't have given The Unicorn a try if not for WG. I just don't really do network sitcoms, or much network television anymore, if I'm honest. Another instance though, of being so glad I did. I am on episode 12 and I LOVE it. Such a sweet show, and more of a dramedy than a sitcom, which I really appreciate. I love the chemistry with the cast, and the fact that they are fleshed out characters.

I will be watching the second season and here's hoping it is as good as the first ! 

• Love 5

I'm not sure how this happened, but I missed this episode until this week! A little bright bit in a world of not bright right now. I loved this episode. I keep laughing at the exchange at the beginning "is she on drugs?" "No, Honey it's worse. She's a teenager." Noah sniffing the skunk. The meta beanie. Deliah and her former patient. Yes, Jill's grave. This episode just made me smile.

• Love 1