Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: In the Name of Charity

• Start Topic

That was “Ms Juicy baybee” 

from Little Women ATL and viral gifs and “Motivation” (start at 1:05). 

I’m starting to think Marc knew Kenya has the reputation of being mean and irrational therefore knew anything he does to her will be handwaved, applauded as karma, or disbelieved. 

I also think this is why he refused to film w her for 2 seasons to avoid having things recorded or witnessed. 

• Love 3
On 3/1/2020 at 10:36 PM, qtpye said:

Did y’all hear Kenya shade Tanya for only having a fiancé, while she was a full on wife during the baby showers?

Kenya has always been a dick, but I have to say I was disappointed to hear her use Phaedra's "I have a huzzzzzband," mantra against Tanya.  Especially considering how it was used against her to perpetuate a narrative that she was a "whore" and husband seducer, even after Apollo admitted that he was a liar (just rewatched those episodes last week). 

On 3/1/2020 at 10:39 PM, Vanderboom said:

Hmm, Kenya. Can you really lord your married status over Tanya when your husband seems to hate you?

interested GIF by Nick Cannon

[gif of Nick Cannon stroking his chin]

LMAO!  Perspective is a motherfucker. 

On 3/1/2020 at 11:59 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Now, the Amazing Grace "singer?"  No comment.

It reminded me of Kandi's auditions for her play.  I'm shocked they didn't replay "amAAAAAziiiiiing gra-YAY-yace" audition.  

On 3/2/2020 at 7:33 AM, biakbiak said:

That said it was legit not cool that everyone but Cynthia and Eva and their men showed up so late to a seated affair. I get because they were filming they probably did the lights all the way up but common curtesy is waiting on the sidelines wherever they maybe when someone is speaking.

I was wondering the same thing.  Why in the hell were they so late to a seated event with speakers?  Especially Mrs. Nene "It's disrespectful to be late" Leakes.  This is now 3 episodes in row she's been late to something, including her own damn event.  

Anyone else think she's feeling the lack of love from the audience and that's why she's on this "apology" tour.  

20 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Andy had Nene and Marlo on WWHL last night. Nene was unfunny and repulsive as ever.

20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

What happened? what did she do?

Before WWHL even started, in one of the lead up commercials they do during the show that airs prior, Andy asked her what she thinks of Ken, and Nene yelled, "Fuck Ken!"  There were no beeps, cause they were live and it was a full-on f-bomb.  Even Marlo gave her a look and was like, " girl, we live!" Lol!  And during the show, she was just nasty.  Nothing more than usual, but it's usually more masked under a veneer of being funny/shady.  

12 hours ago, Hero said:

Marc is an asshole, but damn, I think he is so sexy. I feel ashamed for saying that lol

Oh, he's hot.  And that's my first thought every time he shows up on screen.  And then he opens his mouth....  I can definitely see how for someone like Kenya, the first time he puts her in her place can come across as "damn, that was sexy" and it can be easy to miss (in the early days) that he's actually doing that shit All. The. Time.   

• Love 13
(edited)
5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Kenya has always been a dick, but I have to say I was disappointed to hear her use Phaedra's "I have a huzzzzzband," mantra against Tanya.  Especially considering how it was used against her to perpetuate a narrative that she was a "whore" and husband seducer, even after Apollo admitted that he was a liar (just rewatched those episodes last week). 

LMAO!  Perspective is a motherfucker. 

It reminded me of Kandi's auditions for her play.  I'm shocked they didn't replay "amAAAAAziiiiiing gra-YAY-yace" audition.  

I was wondering the same thing.  Why in the hell were they so late to a seated event with speakers?  Especially Mrs. Nene "It's disrespectful to be late" Leakes.  This is now 3 episodes in row she's been late to something, including her own damn event.  

Anyone else think she's feeling the lack of love from the audience and that's why she's on this "apology" tour.  

Before WWHL even started, in one of the lead up commercials they do during the show that airs prior, Andy asked her what she thinks of Ken, and Nene yelled, "Fuck Ken!"  There were no beeps, cause they were live and it was a full-on f-bomb.  Even Marlo gave her a look and was like, " girl, we live!" Lol!  And during the show, she was just nasty.  Nothing more than usual, but it's usually more masked under a veneer of being funny/shady.  

Oh, he's hot.  And that's my first thought every time he shows up on screen.  And then he opens his mouth....  I can definitely see how for someone like Kenya, the first time he puts her in her place can come across as "damn, that was sexy" and it can be easy to miss (in the early days) that he's actually doing that shit All. The. Time.   

Marc did look like a delicious snack on that couch. He is probably the best looking man that has been on this show since Apollo and like Apollo, 99 percent of his appeal disappears as soon as he opens his mouth.

Kenya always had a thing for light bright men and probably mistook his nastiness for supreme “Alphaness”.

Edited to add -the real best looking man on this show is Léon but he really was never part of the show.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 14
(edited)

Why in the hell were they so late to a seated event with speakers?  Especially Mrs. Nene "It's disrespectful to be late" Leakes.

She was probably busy for an event at a laundromat a few blocks away from Marc & Ken's event.

and like Apollo, 99 percent of his appeal disappears as soon as he opens his mouth.

Only 99 percent?

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I find Nene's hatred of Kenya to be over the top even for her. I just don't get the animosity.  Kenya is a mess and so is Nene.  Kenya was rejected by her mom and that has scarred her deeply. Nene was in an abusive relationship with the father of her first son. Both women carry alot of unresolved pain with them. Hurt people hurt, that being said at some point in your life you have to do better despite your pain..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 3/1/2020 at 10:04 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

He just misjudged when he thought that viewers would want to see her spouse verbally beat her into submission.

What viewers are you talking about?  Kenya has been nasty to all.  I don't get what she has against Tania, and say what you want about Marlo, but wasn't this event supposed to be about black men supporting each other?  Did Kenya see that Marlo had two young black men with her?  Did you see that KEN?" 

Kendra always had a thing for light bright men and probably mistook his nastiness for supreme “Alphaness”.

I'm sure that's why she married him and especially had a child with him.  Well, she got herself a light, bright man and that's all she got.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

Kendra always had a thing for light bright men and probably mistook his nastiness for supreme “Alphaness”.

It is why she liked Apollo and wanted him so bad..

• Love 2

I cringed whenever Marc was talking to Kenya, just talking over her, not listening to anything she had to say.  He is a classic narcissist, he needs an enemy (Kenya), he needs an audience, (Kenya), needs to preen, Kenya had to style him, plan the event, ugh. 

I feel for her, been there, never going back.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Hero said:

Marc is an asshole, but damn, I think he is so sexy. I feel ashamed for saying that lol

Lol !! That's okay, he's just a sexy asshole ! 

• Love 2

That event looked like a bargain wedding reception complete with handwritten place cards - how dreadful honey. Some people dressed like they have been out all day running errands and Marlo as usual shut it down! Her and her nephews looked FABULOUS.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I find Nene's hatred of Kenya to be over the top even for her. I just don't get the animosity.  Kenya is a mess and so is Nene.  Kenya was rejected by her mom and that has scarred her deeply. Nene was in an abusive relationship with the father of her first son. Both women carry alot of unresolved pain with them. Hurt people hurt, that being said at some point in your life you have to do better despite your pain..

They were both not raised by their natural mothers.  Nene's aunt raised her.  However Nene did have a relationship with her mother unlike Kenya.  

9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I cringed whenever Marc was talking to Kenya, just talking over her, not listening to anything she had to say.  He is a classic narcissist, he needs an enemy (Kenya), he needs an audience, (Kenya), needs to preen, Kenya had to style him, plan the event, ugh. 

I feel for her, been there, never going back.

He has no interest in anything she has to say . 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What viewers are you talking about?  Kenya has been nasty to all.  I don't get what she has against Tania, and say what you want about Marlo, but wasn't this event supposed to be about black men supporting each other?  Did Kenya see that Marlo had two young black men with her?  Did you see that KEN?" 

I’m talking about all the viewers—the one million or so people who watch the show every week.  It is my opinion that Marc is not just a tone-deaf man.  It is my opinion that he is pretty smart.  Thus, it is my opinion that Marc came on the show with the intent to take Kenya down verbally in the misguided hopes that he would enjoy good will from the fans for doing same.  It’s my opinion—and apparently other people’s on these boards—that Marc miscalculated.  I think the viewers want to see Kenya taken down or gone, but not at the hand of the man who married her and took vows.  

I believe the charity benefit was for black men mentoring young black men and boys.  From the way I understood the show as it played out, there were spots for Marlo and her nephews at a table, but Marlo was dissatisfied, because she wasn’t getting a spot at—if we’re breaking the fourth wall—the main table where they were shooting.  So the nephews were free to attend the event (and I guess I mean free in two senses, because their tickets were also comped), but their aunt was going to diminish their experience because she wanted to be seated at the cool table.  It was selfish, as I’m sure the kids would have been happy to watch and listen from any table in the room.  If I had heard one of them say, “well, that would have been a whole lot better if I would have gotten to sit by Kenya,” I’d be willing to revise my opinion and I would have wondered what efforts Marlo made so that the kids’ experience—not her experience—could be more enriched.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

From the way I understood the show as it played out, there were spots for Marlo and her nephews at a table, but Marlo was dissatisfied, because she wasn’t getting a spot at—if we’re breaking the fourth wall—the main table where they were shooting.

It seemed to me she thought she was seated at an empty table while everyone else was at a different table all together. Little did she know, she was at the same table as Nene and Greg who were not there yet. I'm sure given her past confrontations with Kenya, she thought she was being screwed. Kenya barely bothered to point in a general direction when asked where the seats were. I'm not sure what the ladies were doing at the table in front if Kenya had to direct people to their tables but i'm glad the other ladies did their best and convinced Marlo to stay. I'm sure it was really great for those boys and I think a great move by her to want that for them and to bring them. 

• Love 9

Nene wouldn't let Marlo talk on WWHL.  She talked over Marlo every damn time Marlo tried to speak.  

Marc is hot, no doubt.  I don't know if he's a real asshole, we're talking about being in a relationship with Kenya.   She could mess with anyone's head.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m talking about all the viewers—the one million or so people who watch the show every week.  It is my opinion that Marc is not just a tone-deaf man.  It is my opinion that he is pretty smart.  Thus, it is my opinion that Marc came on the show with the intent to take Kenya down verbally in the misguided hopes that he would enjoy good will from the fans for doing same.  It’s my opinion—and apparently other people’s on these boards—that Marc miscalculated.  I think the viewers want to see Kenya taken down or gone, but not at the hand of the man who married her and took vows.  

I believe the charity benefit was for black men mentoring young black men and boys.  From the way I understood the show as it played out, there were spots for Marlo and her nephews at a table, but Marlo was dissatisfied, because she wasn’t getting a spot at—if we’re breaking the fourth wall—the main table where they were shooting.  So the nephews were free to attend the event (and I guess I mean free in two senses, because their tickets were also comped), but their aunt was going to diminish their experience because she wanted to be seated at the cool table.  It was selfish, as I’m sure the kids would have been happy to watch and listen from any table in the room.  If I had heard one of them say, “well, that would have been a whole lot better if I would have gotten to sit by Kenya,” I’d be willing to revise my opinion and I would have wondered what efforts Marlo made so that the kids’ experience—not her experience—could be more enriched.

So I think in order to understand the dynamic with Marlo, you also have to understand some of the fourth wall shenanigans. Normally when they film, everyone sits at one table or in one space. If you think about all the events on reality shows where there is open seating or throngs of people, there is usually a set-aside area that is specific to the show participants (and occasionally, husbands, and plus ones). Part of the underlying, not spoken conversation between Mark and Kenya about the seating arrangement was that Kenya sat the eight women all at one table (and seemingly the eight husbands/boyfriends at another table). Instead, Mark reduced the number of HWs spread them across several tables with their spouses and added "regular" ticket payers to each table - hence his comment that he couldn't move people who paid to be there. Marlo comes in, probably without a heads up from production that the seating arrangement included randos, and she beelined for the HW table. Kenya then pointed her to an empty table behind it (which was empty cause everyone was late) and the shenanigans ensued. 

So I don't blame Marlo per se for what she did - she went to where she expected to be for filming. I blame production and/or Kenya for not clearly letting the ladies know that they would not all be sitting together in advance. My guess is that production didn't share to ramp up the drama, and they got what they wanted.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Nene was on a radio station in New York ranting about Kenya, she really hates her.  She also said she is coming for everybody at the reunion.  She also said that the reunion is there for a Housewife to show her value for the executives and producers so some of the ladies will perform in order to keep her peach.. Nene has not change at all, always the victim, she is always right and shows no remorse for her bad behavior..

• Love 7

Finally watched the episode. Marc is a sexy bastard, but a prick nonetheless. Still, I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Ken because she is such a hateful, spiteful mean cow.

I adored the way the ladies were so sweet with William and Michael. I hope they do get involved with the mentoring group.

• Love 8

I cannot tell you how high my blood pressure got watching Marc.  Like, I needed Ramona yelling, "TAKE A XANAX" at me.

OK, first, we have Kenya who can't seem to understand that once you essentially accuse a man of cheating, he might not be inclined to help you out.  And it's especially ironic that she's all trying to be, "this is to lift black men up!!!"  Um, YOU'RE the one who tried to tear this black man down!  I know the point was to try to embarrass Tanya, but no matter how you look at it, Tanya didn't do anything - it was her fiancee you are accusing of trash.  It never seemed to occur to her that maybe in addition to apologizing for calling Tanya a cunt, she also owed Paul an apology, especially if she wants him to come to her event.  And then to act like Tanya was the petty one?  Have a seat.  Several seats.

THAT SAID: 

I think I may loathe Marc more than any other husband on any franchise.  He absolutely pulls every trigger in my entire body.  I know it's because I have been with someone who is emotionally abusive like this so I take it more personally.  It just stresses me out so much that people are enjoying watching a woman be abused by her husband and saying she deserves it.  She doesn't.  NO ONE DESERVES IT.  I wouldn't mind watching Kenya get her just desserts.  She's done SO MUCH to warrant that serving.  But abuse at her husband's hands?  Yeah, I'm not going to cheer and yell about karma when it comes to that.  Where does one draw the line?  Kenya is an awful person, I agree with that.  So exactly how abusive can Marc be?  Can he up it to calling her awful names?  Bitch, whore, cunt?  Can he hit her?  What if it's open handed?  Is that still just karma?

Obviously the whole premise makes me crazy.  Marc is not karma sent to exact divine retribution.  Marc is a controlling, gaslighting, belittling, abusive asshole, and people are saying his behavior is just perfectly fine because it's Kenya, and we don't like Kenya.  No.  His behavior has to be judged on its own and his behavior is AWFUL.  And keep in mind, I can promise you, he's been this way to other women before, and he'll be this way to women again, and they might not be ones you think "deserve" it.

Even his behavior at the end of filming was out of control towards production.  "If I have to come back down here, it's going to get ugly!"  Um, sir, it's already ugly and had been every fucking second you have been on my screen.  It's like he thinks he is going to bring the ratings to Bravo, rather than Bravo bringing ticket buyers to his janky event.

And I agree with Libertarian Slut.  I don't think he all the way thought "If I humiliate Kenya on tv, everyone will love me because they hate her!"  But I do think he thought he would look like The Man for bringing that dog to heel.  And you know what?  If he had been the right man, and he could have reigned her in in a positive way, or ONLY checked her petty, I think we would have been here for it.  Even though I don't like Kenya and I find so much of her behavior just terrible, I do think she has a deep vulnerability at the way her mother treated her.  She wasn't JUST abandoned by her mother, her mother would ignore her to her face and the rest of her family just co-signed.  The damage that must do to a person has got to be profound, so to watch a person who promised to love and protect her dig his knife into that exact wound just isn't any fun for me.  I hope Marc's last line was accurate and that I never do see him on my tv screen again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
23 hours ago, lasu said:

I cannot tell you how high my blood pressure got watching Marc.  Like, I needed Ramona yelling, "TAKE A XANAX" at me.

OK, first, we have Kenya who can't seem to understand that once you essentially accuse a man of cheating, he might not be inclined to help you out.  And it's especially ironic that she's all trying to be, "this is to lift black men up!!!"  Um, YOU'RE the one who tried to tear this black man down!  I know the point was to try to embarrass Tanya, but no matter how you look at it, Tanya didn't do anything - it was her fiancee you are accusing of trash.  It never seemed to occur to her that maybe in addition to apologizing for calling Tanya a cunt, she also owed Paul an apology, especially if she wants him to come to her event.  And then to act like Tanya was the petty one?  Have a seat.  Several seats.

THAT SAID: 

I think I may loathe Marc more than any other husband on any franchise.  He absolutely pulls every trigger in my entire body.  I know it's because I have been with someone who is emotionally abusive like this so I take it more personally.  It just stresses me out so much that people are enjoying watching a woman be abused by her husband and saying she deserves it.  She doesn't.  NO ONE DESERVES IT.  I wouldn't mind watching Kenya get her just desserts.  She's done SO MUCH to warrant that serving.  But abuse at her husband's hands?  Yeah, I'm not going to cheer and yell about karma when it comes to that.  Where does one draw the line?  Kenya is an awful person, I agree with that.  So exactly how abusive can Marc be?  Can he up it to calling her awful names?  Bitch, whore, cunt?  Can he hit her?  What if it's open handed?  Is that still just karma?

Obviously the whole premise makes me crazy.  Marc is not karma sent to exact divine retribution.  Marc is a controlling, gaslighting, belittling, abusive asshole, and people are saying his behavior is just perfectly fine because it's Kenya, and we don't like Kenya.  No.  His behavior has to be judged on its own and his behavior is AWFUL.  And keep in mind, I can promise you, he's been this way to other women before, and he'll be this way to women again, and they might not be ones you think "deserve" it.

Even his behavior at the end of filming was out of control towards production.  "If I have to come back down here, it's going to get ugly!"  Um, sir, it's already ugly and had been every fucking second you have been on my screen.  It's like he thinks he is going to bring the ratings to Bravo, rather than Bravo bringing ticket buyers to his janky event.

And I agree with Libertarian Slut.  I don't think he all the way thought "If I humiliate Kenya on tv, everyone will love me because they hate her!"  But I do think he thought he would look like The Man for bringing that dog to heel.  And you know what?  If he had been the right man, and he could have reigned her in in a positive way, or ONLY checked her petty, I think we would have been here for it.  Even though I don't like Kenya and I find so much of her behavior just terrible, I do think she has a deep vulnerability at the way her mother treated her.  She wasn't JUST abandoned by her mother, her mother would ignore her to her face and the rest of her family just co-signed.  The damage that must do to a person has got to be profound, so to watch a person who promised to love and protect her dig his knife into that exact wound just isn't any fun for me.  I hope Marc's last line was accurate and that I never do see him on my tv screen again.

Ok, Ok, dam !  I hate it  to admit it,  but I agree with you . ( but I still want to slap the taste out of  Kenya 's mouth ) 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4

Watching that was a lot!  I agree, Kenya must have major trauma because I just don’t get it and that baby didn’t ask to be part of their mess.  A small part of me feels that it is karma, but that was hard to watch.  Maybe one day she can be beautiful inside and out but she needs major therapy.

I watched some of WWHL and came here to say Marlo looked great!  Wasn’t so much a fan of the outfit but the wig and makeup were really good.  I think that’s the best I’ve seen her look.

• Love 7
On 3/5/2020 at 10:41 AM, lasu said:

THAT SAID: 

It is my gut feeling that Kenya's family didn't simply cosign her mother's behavior. I think there are clear explanations for what has occurred and the family is not willing to expose everything for the public's thirst. I respect the family for not betraying Kenya's mother who is obviously vulnerable.

• Love 2

Nene on WWHL being so arrogant and nasty turned my stomach. Go away please. She thought she was too good for the show now she is on hands and knees. Please, Marc don’t want you you 🐄. So over her and let Marlo speak you pompous asshat. Not enough oxygen in the room with that self-loving, hateful witch is around. Don’t like her at all. Bloop! Gutter face! Go spit on that! 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/7/2020 at 12:37 PM, Iguessnot said:

It is my gut feeling that Kenya's family didn't simply cosign her mother's behavior. I think there are clear explanations for what has occurred and the family is not willing to expose everything for the public's thirst. I respect the family for not betraying Kenya's mother who is obviously vulnerable.

Perhaps.  I'm willing to concede that Kenya's mother must also be a damaged woman, and that there is much more to the story than I am likely ever to know.  That said, it doesn't change what I have to imagine how profoundly traumatic it must be to have your mother literally ignore you to your face.  I can't image anyone pretending I don't exist while I'm standing right there, but to have the woman I know to be my mother do it?  I can't imagine it.  And if there were issues the family knew about, they should have done everything they could to prevent the situation of the two of them coming face to face.

I'm still not excusing Kenya's behavior.  I'm just saying I can't get down with thinking she deserves the abuse she gets from her husband.

Edited by lasu
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lasu said:

Perhaps.  I'm willing to concede that Kenya's mother must also be a damaged woman, and that there is much more to the story than I am likely ever to know.  That said, it doesn't change what I have to imagine how profoundly traumatic it must be to have your mother literally ignore you to your face.  I can't image anyone pretending I don't exist while I'm standing right there, but to have the woman I know to be my mother do it?  I can't imagine it.  And if there were issues the family knew about, they should have done everything they could to prevent the situation of the two of them coming face to face.

I'm still not excusing Kenya's behavior.  I'm just saying I can't get down with thinking she deserves the abuse she gets from her husband.

I'm not discounting the personal hurt. But with all the love of her family and the successes she has achieved, her behavior towards others is vile. I don't think her mother's rejection is the cause of her displayed persona; it just added spice to a flawed individual. 

She was shedding crocodile tears about others finding joy in her heartache, but she doesn't question her glee at marching bands and cookie ladies.

• Love 6