Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: In the Name of Charity

• Start Topic

Cynthia hosts a baby shower for Eva and hopes for an afternoon of love and light despite lingering tensions in the group. When the fun and games are over, Kenya makes a bold request of Tanya, while Kandi will do whatever it takes to get the role of a lifetime. Nene calls on an old friend for advice. Kenya helps her husband plan a charity event, but the distance between them reaches a breaking point

Airdate 03.01.2020

Well the producers managed to find something even more annoying than Nene.  Nene on the phone with Wendy Williams.  I want that 3 minutes of my life back.

Damn, Marc is a jerk.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15

I hate Tanya’s new hairstyle.  It would look ok on Monique from RHOP, but it looks really horsey on her.  Tanya can dress it up any way she wants—now that Paul has been exposed, regardless of the degree of truth to the cookie lady’s story—he will not touch this group with a ten foot pole.  It’s not that Tanya didn’t extend the invitation of the charity to Paul—it’s that he didn’t want to come IMO.  He just doesn’t want to be on this show anymore.  I wish Marc would have taken more of that tact. 

That baby shower was so boring.  It really could have been left on the cutting room floor, like much of this season.  

I am so bored with Kenya.  People are generally multi-faceted, and if she’s only willing to show us her mustache-twirling evil side, I’m not interested and it would be nice if she’d leave the show again.  The only time she dropped her guard was when talking to Cynthia about Marc, and then she zipped that vulnerability right back up and I lost interest again.  

Nene is showing more emotional range right now.  I thought she and Wendy Williams didn’t get along.  That conversation was so boring too.

What is Todd so busy doing that he has to sit down and go over his four-year-old son’s schedule with a professional, and he forgot about the charity event, and he forgot about Greece?  It is a busy week for placing bids on tractor-trailers on eBay or something?

How many times has Cynthia been “busted” for not cooking?  Who gives a shit if she cooks?  It’s just really not haha funny.

Marc is once again a controlling, demanding ass.  My dad says this thing—lead, follow or get out of the way.  If you give your wife the responsibility of picking out your tie, then you don’t get to complain if she brings you a selection that you don’t like.  You should have picked out your own damn tie, then.  He seems like a smart guy, so the only conclusion I can come to is that he’s doing this on purpose.  He knows the audience hates Kenya, and he thinks if he steps to her, we’ll all be kowtowing to him, like, “Marc, you did it!  You called her ‘Ken,’ and you whipped her into shape!  Hooray, Marc!”  He just misjudged when he thought that viewers would want to see her spouse verbally beat her into submission.  Walter backing away from her and saying their relationship was fake when Kenya was trying to plan a family with her is much more my speed.  Once you put a ring on it, that’s on you, you short, manic weasel.

Marlo was upset because they couldn’t accommodate three extra seats for her at a table of eight?  Isn’t that a little ultra-sensitive?  She doesn’t have a peach.  Come on, that’s petty.  

Is it wrong that I would have rather heard more speaking from Gregg than Michael?  Gregg is kind of funny.  I feel like he’s one of the few people on this show that’s in on the joke.  

I can’t help but notice that it looks like Cynthia and Kenya dropped some weight over the course of this season.  Porsha still looks like she’s still pregnant, which is fine, I understand it takes the body some time to bounce back, especially in a later in life pregnancy, but she might want to style herself differently in the interim.

I have no idea why they couldn’t end this nothing of a season right here and gone into the reunion.  What can possibly happen in Greece for the extra two or three episodes—and then a finale episode—to be worth it?  Nothing happened this season.  I want to move on from it as quickly as possible, in the hopes that they will at least partially recast.  Nene and Eva bring nothing to this show.  Kenya should be gone too.  Keep Porsha, Kandi and Cynthia, retire the friends-of, and hire other, more interesting women.  I know there are other, more interesting women in Atlanta who are willing to film—just take the friends-of from Married to Medicine and cast them—Genice, Jarrett, Jill and Buffie are all richer and more interesting than at least half this cast.

• Love 4

I know that Kenya can be a bitch at times but her husband treats her like absolute garbage.  They are obviously mismatched but at least she got a beautiful baby out of the union.  Marc seems to be one of those people who's good at beating his chest and acting like he knows everything when he doesn't. 

Was so great to see an event being thrown to build up the black male community. Just wish that, especially with it being on national TV, that more attention was put into the details.  Made me cringe a little to see how, for $250 a ticket, the placecards looked like they were written by someone in the first grade.  Wouldn't have noticed as much if Production didn't decide to zoom in on how Porsha's looked. 

• Love 14

I legitimately felt sorry for Kenya but I didn’t understand why she was such bitch about Marlo’s nephews going to the event with her.  Seems to me they were exactly who should have been there.

• Love 23
45 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Anyone else think Cynthia is crazy to trust Mike?

She has bad judgment when it comes to men.  She could do a lot better than this guy.  His history of infidelity should be a big red flag. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, shellbell1015 said:

Was so great to see an event being thrown to build up the black male community. Just wish that, especially with it being on national TV, that more attention was put into the details.  Made me cringe a little to see how, for $250 a ticket, the placecards looked like they were written by someone in the first grade.  Wouldn't have noticed as much if Production didn't decide to zoom in on how Porsha's looked. 

Right. I saw that as well. I don't know what type of font style choice that was, but it did look really low budget. Like they forgot to include place cards and had to do something quickly.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Kenya, please divorce Marc. Try not to get sucked back into his nonsense. If someone/something isn't given you peace, it's a burden, and it has to go.

Not only was she the event planner, but she had to dress his ass, too? And, to not even be appreciative of her efforts? Jerk. He acts as if he's doing her a favor by staying married to her. I'm sure he does think that way since he's well aware of her emotional triggers.

I'm guessing that Marc got his head gassed by a lot of women growing up, so he feels as if he doesn't have to put effort into sustaining his relationships.

Can we also talk about him gaslighting her? Not only about giving her short notice about putting outfits together, but I noticed that he still wore the tie she picked out after telling her that it was "busy" and asking why they needed to match. Trash all around.

After all the hard work she put in for him, he had the nerve to seem pissed that she had not gotten him a professional stylist. He is a good looking guy who probably has had women fawning all over him his entire life. It is crazy how much shit Kenya takes from him. 
Did y’all hear Kenya shade Tanya for only having a fiancé, while she was a full on wife during the baby showers?

Just now, escape said:

She has bad judgment when it comes to men.  She could do a lot better than this guy.  His history of infidelity should be a big red flag. 

I sometimes think they are just using each other. He wants the publicity for his book and she wants the marriage for a storyline 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Did y’all hear Kenya shade Tanya for only having a fiancé, while she was a full on wife during the baby showers?

Hmm, Kenya. Can you really lord your married status over Tanya when your husband seems to hate you?

interested GIF by Nick Cannon

[gif of Nick Cannon stroking his chin]

• LOL 8
  • Love 16

Last week I had a moment of sadness for Kenya's submission.  I now think this an example of what happens when you are desperate for a ring and pretend to be something you are not.  

She is awful.  Lying to keep Tanya from sitting with Porsha and being such a jerk about Marlo when her nephews were there.

I dont want either of them stuck with each other in marriage.  Poor Brooklyn.  Both parents are terrible, terrible people. 

• Love 17

Watching Marc on TV is frightening and way too triggering of a past long behind me. No one deserves to be treated so awfully by their partner. But Kenya sure makes it hard to feel bad for her when she pulls the kind of crap she does.

I hope Marc thought getting him exposure on the show would lead to more customers at his restaurants because I guarantee it will have the opposite effect.

• Love 10

Eva got herself a real gem, didn't she?  Mike was the best thing about the show tonight and he did that off the cuff. 

Now, the Amazing Grace "singer?"  No comment.

Marlo's nephews.  So cute.  I'm glad they didn't leave.

I feel like Marc hates those cameras and the associated nonsense so much, it puts him in a bit of a rage trying to pretend for them.  No sympathy for Kenya there.  She knew the man had no desire to be filmed before she "married."  (And yes, my use of air quotes is quite deliberate because I'm still unconvinced that they ever really married.) . She probably pressured ol' boy to film a few scenes so she could get a check.  Well, be careful what you wish for.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I have no sympathy for Kenya and her predicament with her husband.  She is a nasty person and her treatment of Tanya, Marlo and her nephews was despicable.   She has no idea what these boys have gone through, with that in mind she should have been kind and welcoming. Would she want somebody to treat her daughter like that?

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Eva got herself a real gem, didn't she?  Mike was the best thing about the show tonight and he did that off the cuff. 

Now, the Amazing Grace "singer?"  No comment.

Marlo's nephews.  So cute.  I'm glad they didn't leave.

I feel like Marc hates those cameras and the associated nonsense so much, it puts him in a bit of a rage trying to pretend for them.  No sympathy for Kenya there.  She knew the man had no desire to be filmed before she "married."  (And yes, my use of air quotes is quite deliberate because I'm still unconvinced that they ever really married.) . She probably pressured ol' boy to film a few scenes so she could get a check.  Well, be careful what you wish for.  

Something is seriously wrong with this so-called marriage. Kenya complains about his behavior and yearns for the time their relationship was like a fairytale. However ever since Kenya first spoke of Marc, way back when, she always described him as a mean alpha. Always. She deliberately chose a man with toxic behavior. I don't know what fairytale she's thinking of, because they have NEVER shown any compatibility. I'm not talking about lovey-dovey stuff. They are natural repellents.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 17
(edited)
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

you were a witch to Marlo who actually brought two young black men to a black men’s event.

Right. That was not the time to act petty; I'm glad the ladies invited them to their table--and Marc shutting her down once again.

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

...and this is why I don't feel sorry for Kenya. She is not in a position to shade Tanya and Paul's relationship, when her "full on" husband finds her repulsive. 

That said, Marc is trash, period. I cannot see myself eating in his resturants; I bet he's trash to his employees, too.

Edited by sereion
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Does Marc have a speech impediment? At any rate, he’s horrible and his wife is too. 

Yes! The more he acts like a dick, the more his lisp bothers me.

LMAO, Nene telling Wendy she hasn’t done anything to her face...🤥

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wish I could I could feel bad for Kenya,  it would make me feel better about myself😉. Seriously though. Just for what she did to Tanya alone makes me think "mmmhmm, karma." But when I think of everything over the years I lol, and "👏🏽👏🏽,karma😁"

Even in this episode she had to be nasty about she(Kenya) had a husband while Tanya didn't.....Has she met that asshole husband of hers🙄?

Nene and WW🙄, I'm glad I fast forwarded through Nene scenes.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
(edited)

If Kenya had any sort of common sense she would have played off the Marlo thing like it was something that happened when Mark changed the seating arrangements without their knowledge. That said it was legit not cool that everyone but Cynthia and Eva and their men showed up so late to a seated affair. I get because they were filming they probably did the lights all the way up but common curtesy is waiting on the sidelines wherever they maybe when someone is speaking.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Anyone else think Cynthia is crazy to trust Mike?

I get the feeling that Mike's relationships play out all the same, they go from the "you give me everything I need in a woman," to "I am cheating but as long as she doesn't know about it..." in about 9 months, he probably has been to couples therapy a few times with each relationship so he knows what to say to Cynthia to quiet her.  The problem with Mike is he cannot be alone so what happens if Cynthia has to be in Atlanta for filming or a job, will he think she abandoned him (like a dog if you run to the mailbox, not sure if it has been 5 min or 5 days), and he has to find a woman to save him from a day or two of not having someone telling him he is wonderful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

I don't like Kenya but even she does not deserve the crap treatment from Mark.  He's just nasty.  What was up with him totally ignoring Cynthia and Mike?  he saw them and deliberately made a beeline to some random guy working the event???  It was so obvious he did that.  Why?  Just nasty and glad he doesn't want to be on camera any more.  It was hard to watch him be so dismissive and cruel to Kenya.  And did he leave her at the house and go to event himself?  When Cynthia asked about her he made some "joke" that he had to leave because she was taking to long to get ready.   And why was he made she was getting ready before him?  It was a weird question.  Do they only have one bathroom?  Weird.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I swear, it's like Cynthia, Kenya, and Porsha made a pact a few years ago to see who could end up with the shittiest man.

"Yeah, well, my man said he cheated on me because I was fat and ugly when I was pregnant with his baby".

"Whatever girl, my man jokes in front of our child about me drowning and dying".

It would be a three way tie at this point.  Honestly are they trying to show us what the man pool is like now?  None of these men would make me want to date them let alone marry them and have their children, none of those men have enough money for me to be miserable like those women are.

Nene committed a reality show sin, she broke the 4th wall (at the baby shower) when she was sitting at the table, Kenya walked in and Nene's reaction to whatever she was saying...Nene looked right in to the camera and gave a big fake smile.  It was not as good as Tre's giving production the finger on last weeks episode but we all know Andy really hates that.

I thought the baby shower looked great, Kandi must have been told it was a Woodstock themed shower, she arrived in a crocheted vest and headband.

I think I saw one of the Little Women of Atlanta at the shower.  

• Love 12
10 hours ago, dosodog said:

Last week I had a moment of sadness for Kenya's submission.  I now think this an example of what happens when you are desperate for a ring and pretend to be something you are not.  

She is awful.  Lying to keep Tanya from sitting with Porsha and being such a jerk about Marlo when her nephews were there.

I dont want either of them stuck with each other in marriage.  Poor Brooklyn.  Both parents are terrible, terrible people. 

Sorry, ,but Karma is a bitch ..Kenya is getting back what she puts out . 

• Love 9
(edited)
26 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

I don't like Kenya but even she does not deserve the crap treatment from Mark.  He's just nasty.  What was up with him totally ignoring Cynthia and Mike?  he saw them and deliberately made a beeline to some random guy working the event???  It was so obvious he did that.  Why?  Just nasty and glad he doesn't want to be on camera any more.  It was hard to watch him be so dismissive and cruel to Kenya.  And did he leave her at the house and go to event himself?  When Cynthia asked about her he made some "joke" that he had to leave because she was taking to long to get ready.   And why was he made she was getting ready before him?  It was a weird question.  Do they only have one bathroom?  Weird.

Marc, is clearly over Kenya, it's always a one-up with her, It's like fighting all of the time to even have a conversation. He constantly talks over her, dismisses her completely. Her passive -aggressive behavior is so evident when it comes to Marlo it should have been directed at Marc.  That event was clearly some thrown together crap. 

Edited by byrd
spelling
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

If Kenya had any sort of common sense she would have played off the Marlo thing like it was something that happened when Mark changed the seating arrangements without their knowledge. That said it was legit not cool that everyone but Cynthia and Eva and their men showed up so late to a seated affair. I get because they were filming they probably did the lights all the way up but common curtesy is waiting on the sidelines wherever they maybe when someone is speaking.

I feel it was really stupid of Kenya to trash Marlo and her nephews that way. However as much as I dislike Marc's behavior I was thrilled when her told Kenya and Kandi how much he loved the idea of Marlo brought her nephews to the event because that's what the event was about.  I believe Marlo confusion about the seating arrangements was unfortunate but I believe she was truly confused because Kenya really wasn't clear.  I do admire Marlo dedication of trying to raise and care for her nephews. They seem to really love her and they make a cute family. I also hope she gets a Peach next season which will increase her salary so that she can have more financial security to help care for them. 

46 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

He's in competition with his wife.  Selfish ass man. 

40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It would be a three way tie at this point.  Honestly are they trying to show us what the man pool is like now?  None of these men would make me want to date them let alone marry them and have their children, none of those men have enough money for me to be miserable like those women are.

Nene committed a reality show sin, she broke the 4th wall (at the baby shower) when she was sitting at the table, Kenya walked in and Nene's reaction to whatever she was saying...Nene looked right in to the camera and gave a big fake smile.  It was not as good as Tre's giving production the finger on last weeks episode but we all know Andy really hates that.

I thought the baby shower looked great, Kandi must have been told it was a Woodstock themed shower, she arrived in a crocheted vest and headband.

I

Edited by byrd
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

Kenya and Marc are both awful.

Yes and more alike than they know. Kenya can be a complete jerk ( she needs sex )  Marc is juts a low down hurtful bastard to say that he hates being married at the event , he doesn't need sex , clearly he's getting it from somewhere else.  

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, byrd said:

believe Marlo confusion about the seating arrangements was unfortunate but I believe she was truly confused because Kenya really wasn't clear. 

At a typical seated affair like that in the real world when you checked in they would give you your table number and you also wouldn’t be allowed to walk up during the middle of a speech. Everyone was wrong but Marlo rolling in late with her nephews also wasn’t cool. Not to mention Greg/Nene and Kandi and Todd.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
37 minutes ago, byrd said:

Yes and more alike than they know. Kenya can be a complete jerk ( she needs sex )  Marc is juts a low down hurtful bastard to say that he hates being married at the event , he doesn't need sex , clearly he's getting it from somewhere else.  

THIS. That man could not make it any more clear that he doesn’t want anything to do with her. She was better off with fake African princes.

35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

At a typical seated affair like that in the real world when you checked in they would give you your table number and you also wouldn’t be allowed to walk up during the middle of a speech. Everyone was wrong but Marlo rolling in late with her nephews also wasn’t cool. Not to mention Greg/Nene and Kandi and Todd.

How disgusting was Kenya for almost turning away those adorable boys because “their auntie did not pay”.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

How disgusting was Kenya for almost turning away those adorable boys because “their auntie did not pay”.

I hate Kenya but that’s not what happened. She handled it awfully but she didn’t try to turn them away she pointed the wrong direction to their seats. Than Kenya being an asshole was critical of Margo complaining to Marc about her and said she didn’t even pay but she never tried to turn them away and legit Margo WALKED IN DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE PROGRAM! Everyone is an asshole expect for Margo’s nephews.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Watching Marc on TV is frightening and way too triggering of a past long behind me. No one deserves to be treated so awfully by their partner. But Kenya sure makes it hard to feel bad for her when she pulls the kind of crap she does.

I hope Marc thought getting him exposure on the show would lead to more customers at his restaurants because I guarantee it will have the opposite effect.

Yes, and the worst he treats her, the worst she treats people around her. Tanya is her target , she was not being the bigger person by inviting Tanya and Paul. Tanya shut her down and I'm glad, Kenya only wanted Paul there for Marc. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Mark is clearly uncomfortable around the cameras, he gets anxious whenever he films, it apparent of his dislike for the spotlight he becomes agitated.  It would not surprise me if this event was all Kenya's idea.  When he walked into the event saw the cameras were on Mike and Cynthia, we went for someone that was not being filmed, before coming over to them,  that was such rude behavior. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I hate Kenya but that’s not what happened. She handled it awfully but she didn’t try to turn them away she pointed the wrong direction to their seats. Than Kenya being an asshole was critical of Margo complaining to Marc about her and said she didn’t even pay but she never tried to turn them away and legit Margo WALKED IN DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE PROGRAM! Everyone is an asshole expect for Margo’s nephews.

That is probably what happened but it was just not a good look and a true hostess would have handled it more gracefully and I have no love for Marlo.

Also, what the Hell did Marc actually do for his own event besides complain about all the work Kenya did for free? I hope this is not some scam to line his own pockets in the name of charity.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Yes, but Kenya needs a lot of work on herself.  I don't believe she could be married to anyone , she needs some serious counseling, always have.  

14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The slow mo and music ... I died lol 

Lol !!! Amazing Grace ? I wish he has chosen another song to sing, that one brought the mood down. I love Amazing Grace, but my opinion, not the right venue.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Right, Maybe the hostesses should have had them to wait until the speaker was finished before allowing them in, but it was clearly unorganized. Kenya running around trying to be a good wife even had to tell Marc to thank the guest for coming.  He was over the event before it even started. 

10 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Something is seriously wrong with this so-called marriage. Kenya complains about his behavior and yearns for the time their relationship was like a fairytale. However ever since Kenya first spoke of Marc, way back when, she always described him as a mean alpha. Always. She deliberately chose a man with toxic behavior. I don't know what fairytale she's thinking of, because they have NEVER shown any compatibility. I'm not talking about lovey-dovey stuff. They are natural repellents.

I just believe there is some sort of arrangement with them . It feels unnatural , there is no flow to the relationship.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Nene looked right in to the camera and gave a big fake smile.  It was not as good as Tre's giving production the finger on last weeks episode but we all know Andy really hates that.

Andy had Nene and Marlo on WWHL last night. Nene was unfunny and repulsive as ever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I get the feeling that Mike's relationships play out all the same, they go from the "you give me everything I need in a woman," to "I am cheating but as long as she doesn't know about it..." in about 9 months, he probably has been to couples therapy a few times with each relationship so he knows what to say to Cynthia to quiet her.  The problem with Mike is he cannot be alone so what happens if Cynthia has to be in Atlanta for filming or a job, will he think she abandoned him (like a dog if you run to the mailbox, not sure if it has been 5 min or 5 days), and he has to find a woman to save him from a day or two of not having someone telling him he is wonderful.

I agree. Don't forget they end with "I was never in love with you".  

• Love 4

No sympathy for Kenya here. She got exactly what she deserved. If you put nothing but mean ugly vibes out into the world, that,s exactly what you will attract. I feel sorry for her daughter though. What a life she's in for with these two as parents. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yup! I hear her on Rickey Smiley’s morning show with Eva, so they probably got to know each other by working together. She’s probably friends with Porsha, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1