Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

I am getting to the point that I just can't believe Caleb can really be this unaware of himself and others' reactions to him. He's got to be a plant.

If he were a plant, occasionally we would see a flicker of intelligence, wouldn't we?

• Love 5
I actually hope that there are no shenanigans tonight and that Amber really does go. Based on their pre-show bios, I expected to hate her, but I feel bad for her now. She was truly dealt a shitty hand this season. The Caleb situation basically defined her entire existence on the show and destroyed any chances she had of actually playing the game. It sucks, but I'm glad she'll finally be able to get away from these awful, awful people. Too bad there is no chance she'll be brought back for a future season, unless Caleb is brought back with her.

I can't help but be reminded of Candice, who had the misfortune to be stuck with a pack of racists who gave her no chance to play the game and made her time in the house miserable.  With Amber, it's a bunch of sexists who have ruined the game, and the experience, for her.  When there is another all-stars season, and if like last time it is viewer votes that determine who comes back (out of a producer-chosen field of former HGs), I will vote for both of them if they are choices.  And I would hope Caleb is NOT an option, and if he is that he would not receive the votes to return.

On a lighter note...Yes, what is it with Zach and black socks, and floppy slippers, and the long Walmart shorts hanging off his butt.  Last year Andy dressed like a toddler; this year Zach dresses like an old man.

Also, thanks to those of you who reprint interesting conversations from Jokers here.  I'm starting to find the print there hard to read as I get older.

• Love 4

Last night Zach commented that he is getting fat, and I swear Hayden shot Cody a look, were the two of the discussing Zach gaining weight behind his back?

I see guys wear those black socks at the gym all the time.

Edited by Morbs

Yeah, one of the weird things about Candice was that she totally came on to the show to be a "mean girl" herself but was so overwhelmingly negated by how bad the others were. 

It reminds me of how Janelle could have gone the other way pretty darn easily if it were not for the Friendship being there to be her rival. 

• Love 1
Yeah, one of the weird things about Candice was that she totally came on to the show to be a "mean girl" herself but was so overwhelmingly negated by how bad the others were

.Are we thinking of the same person? I never got a mean girl vibe from her. Do you remember anything that made you think that? I'm genuinely interested -- not trying to start an argument or anything.

• Love 3

Yeah, one of the weird things about Candice was that she totally came on to the show to be a "mean girl" herself but was so overwhelmingly negated by how bad the others were. 

It reminds me of how Janelle could have gone the other way pretty darn easily if it were not for the Friendship being there to be her rival. 

She may have wanted to be the mean girl, but she got stuck with a bunch of nuts that should never have made it past the psych screening. They obviously had no self awareness about who and what they were...

As for Janelle...I cringed when she walked in the door. I assumed she was going to be a stuck up princess (after reading her pregame bio.) I'm thrilled she proved me wrong. I don't agree with you, I think she was a nice person...whether those horrible 'Friendship' smucks were there or not. Remember she did do two other shows without the 'Friendship' members (and lets hope we never see any of them again.)

Edited by LexiconDevilOne
  • Love 1

I don't get the feeds so I am just curious--when you say they all bitch about Amber all the time, what is it exactly that they bitch about? Why would Hayden of all people hate her so much? Is it that she's too nice and pretty? Do they feel bad that she's always cleaning up after them? Because other than the Caleb stuff, which is completely not her fault, she seems like a lovely person. Not good at the game, obviously, but sweet and kind at least. I appreciate any feedback from the feed watchers.

• Love 2

Her kindness was perceived as being fake.  I guess to them, a pretty girl, is stuck up and snobbish and she didn't fit into their idea of the stereotype.

What pissed me off at the end is she was still doing things for people, even folks like Zach and Frankie.  Hayden referred to her as a maid and someone else joked about how they would miss her doing their laundry.  No word of thanks that she was doing this stuff for them.

Edited by duskyliterati
  • Love 8

Hayden and Nicole won HOH. It's good that they are not Detonators or Caleb, but I have no hope for any of these people. I will be happily shocked if anyone other than Victoria, Jacosta or Donny gets evicted. Maybe a chance for Caleb or Zach, but no true shake-up of the house is going to happen this week.

Eta: wait it's Donny? That could be awesome, but I was sure it was Hayden.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 1

.Are we thinking of the same person? I never got a mean girl vibe from her. Do you remember anything that made you think that? I'm genuinely interested -- not trying to start an argument or anything.

I think that impression may have come from her pregame bio. A lot of time the girls talk about how 'beautiful and desirable' they are instead of how smart and suave they are.

If I recall correctly...her bio was the fomer...although, I could be wrong. I tried to forget EVERYTHING about last season, in order to watch this season.

Feeds back up.  Nicole is one of the HOHs.  I _think_ Donny might be the other one.

Donny and Nicole --- please, please, please put up Cody, Zach, Derrick and Frankie.  These guys all need to suffer on the block for a while.

• Love 3

Hayden and Nicole won HOH. It's good that they are not Detonators or Caleb, but I have no hope for any of these people. I will be happily shocked if anyone other than Victoria, Jacosta or Donn

y gets evicted. Maybe a chance for Caleb or

Zach, but no true shake-up of the house is

going to happen this week.

I think Donny is the other HOH not Hayden.

Nicole and Donny, good.  At least the Detonators won't control Donny's choices.

Finally! No Detonators, no former BS members in power. Is it too early to get excited? 

The only problem is that in order for Donny to retain the HOH for the week, his noms have to lose the BOB.   Only way his noms have a chance to lose the BOB is if he puts up Jo/Vic, which we know ain't going to happen.  He could work on the possibility of BD'ing either of Derrick or Frankie that way - if either of the two noms wins POV or whoever wins POV uses it on one of his original noms.   Since Donny is most likely to put up Cody & another of the 'big alliance', he's going to be an obvious target again next week; especially with the DE coming.

Nicole will nom Jo/Vic, and will retain HOH.  Which means the Detonators will be infesting her room all week, or at least trying to.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Yep, sorry folks, from the feeds and the chatter I thought it was Hayden. Yay? Except that Donny and Nicole are meeting in the hive room and already talking about a potential target that both say they don't think they can pull it off. So don't expect any big moves.

I never got that vibe about Candice or Janelle at all. I watched all episodes, BBAD, and as much feeds as possible during their seasons (Janie has 2, Candy 1). I actually think based watching all that they're very easy to get along with. The problem with Candy is she's too passive and clingy and Janie she's too candid/blunt and maybe trusts the wrong people because at times she thinks with her heart instead of her head. Janie was possibly the most entertaining and funny HG in history and I watched a season of BBUK plus the US ones.

Amber I think her main failing is she's too passive and skittish and not very savvy or people smart. She's worthless at the game and kind of the houses fuck over mat. She seems sweet and I sincerely wish she gets a restraining order, well trained protective Mastiff, and a strong network of supporters after this.

• Love 6

I'm sooooo happy! I was getting desperate for a power shift. Who do we think is in the most danger? Zach and Caleb?

Yeah, but is it a power shift if they just vote out Caleb?  He's the same target for the boring ass detonators...

Edited by lyric
  • Love 1

I think they should put a weak player with a strong player. Like Nicole should nominate Zach and Jacosta. Donny should nominate Caleb and Victoria. That way they are guaranteed to get someone out. Or they should nominate Frankie, Derrick, and Cody because they haven't been nominated before...

• Love 1

General question I've been wondering about for a long time...... Is the dual HOH 'loser' (after BOB) not allowed to sleep in the side room in the HOH area - or do they just not use it for other reasons?  I haven't watched the LFs in about a week now, but back when I was, I never once seen anyone [2nd HOH person, or anyone else for that matter] sleep the "night" away in that side room.

I've assumed it isn't allowed, but not for sure.

Yeah, but is it a power shift if they just vote out Caleb?  He's the same target for the boring ass detonators...

Also, since he believes that Amber left because of his brilliance, Donny and Nicole would not even gain an ally by choosing not to put him up.  I'm also a little nervous about Nicole's relationship with Hayden and Christine.  In her conversation with Donny, they both agreed that they needed to work with Hayden.  I am not sure what Hayden's true game plan is.  Christine seems to be aware that she is expendable now, but will she do anything about it?  I am curious to see if Derrick and Frankie try to control these nominations to take swings at each other.

• Love 1

General question I've been wondering about for a long time...... Is the dual HOH 'loser' (after BOB) not allowed to sleep in the side room in the HOH area - or do they just not use it for other reasons?  

Once there's a sole HOH, the second HOH room is closed off.

It would be nice if Nicole and Donny could get out one of the guys if they worked together.  A perfect scenario would be to nominate 4 guys.

Derrick/Cody (the Hitman) and Frankie/Zach.  Having Derrick and Frankie on opposite sides of the BotB would guarantee one of them would stay on the block (since they are the main two controlling the house).  

Then if Nicole and Donny could make a deal that no matter whoever loses the BotB and if one of the 2 remaining nominees wins PoV, they put up Caleb as a replacement.  That would ensure a guy goes home.

Edited by duskyliterati
  • Love 5

Nicole's internalized misogyny coming out hard in this talk she just had with Zach. Sigh. This week is gonna be like every other week. Poor Donny. He should just self-evict honestly.

From what I'm reading, I think Nicole is just telling Zach what he wants to hear.

• Love 1

On a mostly unrelated side-note... I've been listening to the local radio station that plays the newer 'hits' a lot, and it seems Frankie's sister, Ariana(sp?), is a bit more popular than I originally thought.  Not sure if its her own doing (the music's success), or because of Frankie's influence of being on BB.

Personal opinion;  the music (ie, her voice/talent) isn't horrible, but not really suited to my own typical listening choices.

I hope you're right, but Nicole hasn't give me any indication that she'll do anything but nom Victoria/Jocasta. I hope she completely surprises me.

Well, IMO she SHOULD nominate them upfront. That gives her a better shot at getting a strong person out after the veto.

On a mostly unrelated side-note... I've been listening to the local radio station that plays the newer 'hits' a lot, and it seems Frankie's sister, Ariana(sp?), is a bit more popular than I originally thought.  Not sure if its her own doing (the music's success), or because of Frankie's influence of being on BB.

Oh, it has nothing to do with Frankie being on this flop show. She's been reasonably popular for awhile now.

Donny has referred to Caleb as "Dumbo" on the show.  I think he'll try to get Caleb out.

Boo! Getting rid of Caleb changes nothing! Dammit! This season refuses to be good!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Personal opinion;  the music (ie, her voice/talent) isn't horrible, but not really suited to my own typical listening choices.

i feel like the oldest person in America, I don't even know a song she sings.  And this show is not going to make me seek her out.  I'm tired of the Disney machine, at least Motown's creation had talent.  All this music feels like autotune and entitled 15 year olds.

• Love 8

Well, IMO she SHOULD nominate them upfront. That gives her a better shot at getting a strong person out after the veto.

If they're gonna go that route, I wish Donny would do it. He might actually go after a big threat. Nicole will chicken out. Her real target is Victoria anyway, IMO.

Edited by peachmangosteen

i feel like the oldest person in America, I don't even know a song she sings.  And this show is not going to make me seek her out.  I'm tired of the Disney machine, at least Motown's creation had talent.  All this music feels like autotune and entitled 15 year olds.

Oh, believe me, I didn't seek it out.  I don't even listen to this station normally, but the other ones I do listen to - who play older music generally - have been running programmnig I don't like, so if I wanted to listen (mostly) to actual music, this is the next best station for that. 

It definitely wasn't planned, but at least now I can say I've heard one of her songs, just for the sake of it.

ETA:  I couldn't even tell you the name of the song, having it heard maybe 3 times now over the last 2-3 nights.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

I don't blame Donny for wanting Caleb out. Didn't Hayden tell him that Caleb was coming after him?

The thing is, Derick and Frankie want him out too and he used to see that. They have actual power in the game. Caleb has none.

But honestly I hate most of these people so even if it's Caleb or Jocasta that goes, I'm good. It just isn't gonna change this completely boring and predictable season in any way and I watch the show to be entertained.

I wish they'd do 'America's HOH.' They did it on BB Canada and it was awesome. I too was worried that it would affect how people played, but it really didn't. Just imagine Frankie getting nommed by America. It would be so delicious! Or better yet, Derrick!

That was awesome!  And would be awesome! 

Are we thinking of the same person? I never got a mean girl vibe from her. Do you remember anything that made you think that? I'm genuinely interested -- not trying to start an argument or anything.

I was going to ask the same thing.  And, again, just want to know what you know.  I assume it was something she said in her pre-show bio or audition video.

ETA:  

Donny has referred to Caleb as "Dumbo" on the show.  I think he'll try to get Caleb out.

I was actually making a sad attempt at a joke.

Also, unrelated, why do you have the option to report your own post to a moderator?

Edited by Newbietunes

Ariana Grande has a large following and one of the better young female followings on Twitter.  Many compare her (as she does herself) to Mariah Carey as she hits those whistle tones.  She does a good studio version of Mariah's song Emotions.  Though I saw her sing live once and she sounded horrible live.  She's of the ilk like Miley Cyrus, Bieber, One Direction, etc.  

• Love 1

The feeds are boring and BBAD is more boring this season than Enzo's season. There is no reason to watch this show until the end of August. It's just a game of dominoes as Caleb, Jocasta, and Victoria are evicted and then the game may be on when they have to turn on each other. 

The only HG I am rooting for is Donny. Now, HE deserves to win! 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 1