Type keyword(s) to search

Geoffrey and Varya: Russian Roulette

• Start Topic

On 6/1/2020 at 4:09 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Was that Knoxville observation deck like twelve stories high?

The Sunsphere was built for the 1982 World's Fair and while the most recognizable part of our skyline, the structure itself has been either under- or unused ever since.  In fact, it wasn't until years later (I was only 4 yo during the Fair and more interested in rides than architecture and city views) that I went up into the Sunsphere for the first of only two times, ever.

The Sunsphere is 266 ft tall (or 26 stories), and the observation deck is on the fourth level of the sphere (see red arrows).  My little sister attended a Christmas party there last year and said it was a bit of an awkward venue, as available floor space on each level was narrow and for the most part, lacked seating.  Nevertheless, even though we hardly ever actually go to the Fair grounds, it's hard to imagine downtown Knoxville without the Sunsphere in the background. : )

34t.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

The Sunsphere was built for the 1982 World's Fair and while the most recognizable part of our skyline, the structure itself has been either under- or unused ever since.  In fact, it wasn't until years later (I was only 4 yo during the Fair and more interested in rides than architecture and city views) that I went up into the Sunsphere for the first of only two times, ever.

The Sunsphere is 266 ft tall (or 26 stories), and the observation deck is on the fourth level of the sphere (see red arrows).  My little sister attended a Christmas party there last year and said it was a bit of an awkward venue, as available floor space on each level was narrow and for the most part, lacked seating.  Nevertheless, even though we hardly ever actually go to the Fair grounds, it's hard to imagine downtown Knoxville without the Sunsphere in the background. : )

34t.jpg

Interesting.  Although the location makes sense re the Fair, I read that some folks thought it odd to put an observation deck in one of the lowest parts of the city.  Kinda defeats the purpose lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Interesting.  Although the location makes sense re the Fair, I read that some folks thought it odd to put an observation deck in one of the lowest parts of the city.  Kinda defeats the purpose lol.

Very true!  And most people would tell you the best city views can be seen from Sharp's Ridge (you can see the Sunsphere off in the distance on the right).  While there's no fancy observation deck at Sharp's Ridge, there's a park and walking trail which is used way more often by locals on a day to day basis than the Fair grounds.  : )

On a final note, while this seems self-evident, I would like to take this opportunity to make certain my fellow snarkers know that Geoffrey is not, in any way, typical of Knoxvillians.  (And while true that generally speaking, we're not the most sophisticated and worldly perhaps, we nonetheless don't usually think of ourselves as rednecks - Geez, Varya!).  In fact, in my experience, people from East TN are usually very kind, as well as extremely genuine and open. ❤️

Capture8jjjj.JPG

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

34t.jpg

As a Simpsons fan, I confess I shouted "The Wigsphere!" when I saw it. I honestly thought it had been invented for Bart's Road Trip (the greatest Simpsons episode ever).

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Varya, IMHO was pretty stupid to decline the Tell All.

She could have negotiated her pay wage and could have made  a case for Geoffrey.  (You know, he's a great guy, treated me well, etc.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, greekmom said:

Varya, IMHO was pretty stupid to decline the Tell All.

She could have negotiated her pay wage and could have made  a case for Geoffrey.  (You know, he's a great guy, treated me well, etc.)

Did she decline or were they not asked to participate?  

I don't think TLC wants the optics of a woman defending a man who beats women.  I put up with a lot from this show, but IMO, that's a line i wouldn't want them to cross.  

Particularly since the women who were victimized dont get the same public platform to make their case. 

So it'd only Geoffrey and varya swearing the he is a "good guy" who'd "never lay a hand on a woman" and saying that all these women are just "crazy liars"

....on national TV, while the women have no opportunity to tell their story of abuse.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Did she decline or were they not asked to participate?  

She declined. She said she was offered to go on just  herself. She has said that TLC throws people under the bus and edits badly. She said she did not want to have to go on and it be one sided or have to answer for Geoffery. She did not feel comfortable. She says she will do a tell all on her youtube . So far she has 2 videos up, one about the Mary episode, in which I think she seemed honest. The the other video was just about herself and her life. I think they have to wait till the season is over next week to do any season tell alls?

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

She declined. She said she was offered to go on just  herself. She has said that TLC throws people under the bus and edits badly. She said she did not want to have to go on and it be one sided or have to answer for Geoffery. She did not feel comfortable. She says she will do a tell all on her youtube . So far she has 2 videos up, one about the Mary episode, in which I think she seemed honest. The the other video was just about herself and her life. I think they have to wait till the season is over next week to do any season tell alls?

Yeah...."she said". Unless she has the receipts to show that anyone asked her to be on the tell-all I don't believe her. 

The couple has been completely left off pillow talk (I've heard) and the only reason varya was on this show was because she was in a relationship with Geoffrey.  

So, without discussing the relationship, there is no reason to have her on the tell-all.  And no one wants to discuss the relationship because of Geoffrey's past and pending charges. 

With all the publicity out there, I just don't see how they couldn't address it if varya was on the tell-all. And it seems clear that her response would be to blame editing and proclaim that Geoffrey is a victim.  

Which is a pretty terrible look. 

The risk if having her on the show isn't with the reward.  Or at least that's what I'd think if I were a TLC executive.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

According to the following video, which I cannot hear very well so this is from a discussion about it and not what I've heard myself, Mary claims Geoffrey is not an abuser because she pushed his buttons and he never hit her, and she knows the two ex-wives and ex-girlfriend who are making the claims and they are not good people. 

It's 20 minutes long and she also claims to have received death threats.

Here is a fourteen minute video where Geoffrey discusses his son Kazhem. I didn't watch it but it was linked to the one above so I thought I'd post it, too.

• Love 2
(edited)

As far as I know OJ did not abuse his first wife.  Many times parents abuse one child and not another.  Mary isn’t very smart.  

Often the victims of police brutality are not what mainstream America would call good people.  Does that excuse it?  She just keeps digging a deeper hole.  Not to mention intentionally pushing someone’s buttons is emotionally immature.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 9

Why does Geoffrey chose to have relationships with “not good people”?  What does that say about Mary?  Do we think Mary has empathy for domestic violence perpetrators because she was arrested for that offense?  I don’t like Varya but this Deliverance couple takes the cake.

• Love 7

She's posting from a smart phone.  TAKE A PICTURE (or even better a VIDEO) WHILE HE'S STILL NAKED, DUMBASS.  That would counter his argument that it didn't happen. But she's so wrapped up in answering questions about her and Geoffrey that she just giggled?  Holy s**t.

As someone who was sexually abused as I child, I wish there HAD been smart phones so I could have caught the perpetrator in the act.

NOT OKAY, Varya.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

As someone who was sexually abused as I child, I wish there HAD been smart phones so I could have caught the perpetrator in the act.

Sorry you went through that horror. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Varya defends the way she dealt with a pervert. The original was on her stories, which I didn't see, but saw this from a comment that she is lucky the man didn't kill her.

Sadly, this comment shows why Geoffrey has no shortage of women throwing themselves at him:

itsallgoodrightno

@johns_ryan311 hes hot and his rap sheet is not a big deal. Get over it jealous one

Under Canadian law this is a sex offence and is considered sexual harassment. When I was in university a man was on campus approaching women and pulling his pants down. Police and campus security took it very seriously. This guy wasn't just some jock flashing his ass out of a car window for a joke. Intent is always considered. He chose a secluded location where two women were swimming alone.  They were very lucky they were not attacked when they laughed at him. Though being with Geoffrey I doubt Varya has any common sense or understanding of being in a dangerous situation.

• Love 3
On 9/10/2020 at 10:20 AM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

It has been so long since I have heard anything about this couple.  Has anyone heard any updates?  Did Varya go back to Russia and forget about this scumbag?  Everything g has gone very quiet on this front . . .

Well, for whatever it's worth, at least 2 people on the FB Savage pages I follow have posted up pictures taken with Geoffrey at the local bar/pub.  

One of the posters said that he arrived with Mary.  No Varya sightings reported by either of the posters.  

While I'm hoping Varya grabbed her TLC paycheck and ran back to her native land ASAP, where she is now living her best life with just about anybody other than Geoffrey, she could very well still be in America on her visitor's visa.  Maybe she is here until the pandemic is controlled but not necessarily with Geoffrey.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Well, for whatever it's worth, at least 2 people on the FB Savage pages I follow have posted up pictures taken with Geoffrey at the local bar/pub.  

One of the posters said that he arrived with Mary.  No Varya sightings reported by either of the posters.  

While I'm hoping Varya grabbed her TLC paycheck and ran back to her native land ASAP, where she is now living her best life with just about anybody other than Geoffrey, she could very well still be in America on her visitor's visa.  Maybe she is here until the pandemic is controlled but not necessarily with Geoffrey.

I hope so. Geoffrey and Mary deserve each other.

• Love 3

Yesterday as I was folding a million loads of laundry I was watching an old Joe Kenda show on the dvr.   I have spent a lot of time in that part of Colorado, and this episode was interesting to me because it involved an employee at the Broadmoor.   I had seen the episode before, but I couldn't recall who the murderer was.  About 45 minutes in , I heard a vaguely familiar voice and looked up to see a vaguely familiar face.  It was Geoffrey.  He was playing a policeman whose shotgun was stolen from  his vehicle while it was being serviced.  Of course, the shotgun was the weapon used in the murder.  Season 7 Episode 18 "Gut Instinct" if anyone is interested.  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Yesterday as I was folding a million loads of laundry I was watching an old Joe Kenda show on the dvr.   I have spent a lot of time in that part of Colorado, and this episode was interesting to me because it involved an employee at the Broadmoor.   I had seen the episode before, but I couldn't recall who the murderer was.  About 45 minutes in , I heard a vaguely familiar voice and looked up to see a vaguely familiar face.  It was Geoffrey.  He was playing a policeman whose shotgun was stolen from  his vehicle while it was being serviced.  Of course, the shotgun was the weapon used in the murder.  Season 7 Episode 18 "Gut Instinct" if anyone is interested.  

So much for the fantasy of a hot state trooper.

• LOL 4

I read it so you don’t have to.  He threw in some body shaming too.

Excerpt:

As if Geoffrey couldn't get more of a bad rap, he recently chatted on The Domenick Nati Show, where he revealed that he not only had sex with a chunky girl who "snorted like a pig"but would also be selling some of his manhood to earn a little cash. Geoffrey revealed that he had a Direct.me and was going to start charging $10,000 for his sperm. He is willing "to impregnate somebody." The TLC personality asked the host if that was enough to charge and revealed there would have to be some type of NDA regarding a "no child support" clause.

47 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

revealed there would have to be some type of NDA regarding a "no child support" clause.

You cannot waive child support. For that to happen, he would have to go through a legitimate and licensed medical practice, for which he is unlikely to be chosen and would only make a few hundred bucks. He's stupid and I would love for it to backfire on him if it didn't mean there was a child in the world with him as a father and a mother who makes incredibly stupid procreation decisions.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I couldn’t tell if he plans to have sex with the woman or just be a donor.  If the former it flirts with prostitution.

After the season began airing, his IG was swarmed with female fans. Even after it was pointed out that he had a very violent past, women posted that people change and only God can judge, etc. Someone even said she would be fine with him hitting her and other discussed a rape fantasy.

As sick as it is to think about, he would probably do okay as a prostitute. He should definitely get a vasectomy first, though. I'd chip into that GoFundMe as long as it was filmed live for confirmation. They can hold a raffle for a battered women's charity and the winner got to do the honors of making the snip.

• Love 2

He was having seizures but I don't think they determined why. His teen sons and other child didn't appear to have medical issues, though. He comes across as someone who would blame the mother's genes because he is "a specimen" like Mark.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

His lawyer looks like the  1960s racist villian lawyer one sees in every “ legal injustice “ film

He reminds me of Powers Booth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It was always thought how insane it was that he was on the show considering his criminal past, what a loser, hope he never gets back out again.  I also hope the producers are paying more attention now too, but highly doubtful.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Well then, I suppose she deserves what she gets.  There is a point when you just have to say that she knew about all this and if she went ahead anyway, she is in line for a Darwin Award.

I totally agree, just like dumbass Liz with Ed.

But now I'm curious about something.

The show led us to believe Varya had left and he had resumed his relationship with Mary.  In fact, someone on one of the FB Savage pages even posted a picture of herself with Geoffrey at a local bar, where he had shown up with Mary.  To this poster, it looked for all intents and purposes that he was back with Mary.  I cannot swear to it, but I believe this poster who had her picture taken with him even outright asked him if he and Varya were together and he said no.  

So where does the truth end and the deception begin?

Was the entire storyline bullshit and Geoffrey and Varya were together the entire time, even after filming ended?  

Did Geoffrey and Varya fake the entire storyline hoping to get him more exposure for his acting career and her a green card?

What was the extent of Mary's true inclusion in this bullshit?  Did she and Geoffrey really have a relationship after filming ended, but it didn't work out so he bounced back to Varya?

Ugh, so many fucking questions about where the lines of "reality" and "bullshit" cross.  

(Disclosure:  I hope this makes sense.  I'm only on my first cup of coffee this morning.)

• Love 6