Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06. Under the Knife

• Start Topic

Amy undergoes weight loss surgery to change her life, but endangers herself by not sticking to the post-op diet.  Tammy seeks support from her love interest, Jerry.  Two months later, the sisters reveal the changes they've made to family and friends.

It the season (series?) finale.  

Original air date 2020.02.04

Okay my Pounder Pals, is no one going to comment on tonight's elephant in the room, pun intended? Tammy and her online honey made the beast with two backs!!! I am still reeling from that one. Not enough liquor in the world to scrub what I imagine that looked like from my brain. And he was actually rather attractive too. I don't get it.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Jesus H Christ. 

It just started here on the West Coast. A friend in ID already watched and warned mE about the S-E-X. I swear I thought he was gay. I guess I’ll have to stick with this to see if they had actual vag-peen sex because does he have a five-foot dick?

• LOL 16

I noticed at the end when the sisters were all dressed up, not only did they look better, they sounded liked actual adults! Pleased with Amy's weight loss, I hope she keeps her eye on the prize. Happy too that Tammy is making an effort to eat healthy and get her life going. I wish them both luck.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, PearlClutcher said:

I get she wants to be loved, however I was trying to think of the sheer logistics of even completing the act.  She seemed pretty happy though there was no info if Jerry was going to be a fixture in her life. I guess I could always check her SM to see.

The logistics have me hung up too. I want to know but then again I really, really, really, really don't.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

And she was so nonchalant about it like she'd done it plenty before, which begs the question, HOW? I noticed that the hickeys she was so proud of seemed to disappear pretty quickly, so I'm wondering if the 'encounter' actually happened in Atlanta, or at some other time, and they wove it into the story for the sake of the finale. 

• Love 5

Oh my goodness what transformation!!   Looks like all Tammy needed was a schtupp.....or whatever it was they did.  Beautifully decorated apartment, a nice dress, hair, makeup!   I'm sure they both had scads of professional helpers, but hey what the heck!!  I think we all know by now that this show and My 600lb Life tells these folks to wear belly shirts, short tops, tank tops etc.  Just wondering, do the photographers actually lay on the floor in order to get those hideous crotch shots? 

Edited by Snarkastikate
Typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Oh my goodness what transformation!!   Looks like all Tammy needed was a schtupp.....or whatever it was they did.  Beautifully decorated apartment, a nice dress, hair, makeup!   I'm sure they both had scads of professional helpers, but hey what the heck!!  I think we all know by now that this show and My 600lb Life tells these folks to wear belly shirts, short tops, tank tops etc.  Just wondering, do the photographers actually lay on the floor in order to get those hideous crotch shots? 

Both Tammy and Amy were nicely dressed for their reveal. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Okay my Pounder Pals, is no one going to comment on tonight's elephant in the room, pun intended? Tammy and her online honey made the beast with two backs!!! I am still reeling from that one. Not enough liquor in the world to scrub what I imagine that looked like from my brain. And he was actually rather attractive too. I don't get it.

Oh.....I get it.......the famewhore game is strong with that one.  

I haven't watched, but I think the bigger surprise is that Tami can physically have sex.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I haven't watched, but I think the bigger surprise is that Tami can physically have sex.  

So y'all are going to make me ask?? Fine!

How exactly can he even know if what he entered was actually her lady parts versus a sweaty fat fold? I wonder the same thing with Whitney and her declarations of coitus.  I mean c'mon!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

I must have missed all this about Tammy! I was slipping over to another station every so often. So this guy was nice looking? And yes, how did they manage that? I have kind of an idea but I would rather not ponder on it for very long. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If this was the same production company that did the previous family shows with Dr. Proctor, then the two families were professionally made up, and styled for the reveals too.   

Reminded me of the reveals at the end of What Not to Wear.

• Love 5

Watched the episode.  I can already tell that tami's "relationship" is going to end in tears.  She is wayyyy too invested and this guy is clearly a fame whore.  

Exhibit A - the fact that he let Tami take a picture with him pointing to her hickeys.  And then allowed said picture to be publicized and put on national television and on social media.  

I bet he is featured next season and is mad he couldn't get into an episode for this season. I'm sure they have all sorts of footage of him. 

She is so desperate for a man and it makes me kinda sad for her.  They haven't even met, but he is her boyfriend and she wants to ask his opinion on things.  How fast until he moves into her nice new place.  

I realize there is a show about traditionally attractive men who are in relationships with larger women, so it's not unheard of.  But Tami needs to approach this with caution.  

Just now, KissMyDblWideArse said:

Why are you people so mean?

This site is for snark, but there are probably a lot of online venues that are much kinder and would be a better fit for what you seem to be searching for 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I must have missed all this about Tammy! I was slipping over to another station every so often. So this guy was nice looking? And yes, how did they manage that? I have kind of an idea but I would rather not ponder on it for very long. 

Hey libgirl2 you should definitely check out the Live Chat for this episode. I think you'll enjoy our reactions and descriptions of that big reveal.😊

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Jesus H Christ. 

It just started here on the West Coast. A friend in ID already watched and warned mE about the S-E-X. I swear I thought he was gay. I guess I’ll have to stick with this to see if they had actual vag-peen sex because does he have a five-foot dick?

That will be the next TLC show my big long fabulous dick. 🍆 Or Dr. Wee wee wittler. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I was wondering about how Dr. Procter chose to give Amy the bypass vs. sleeve. He addressed it a little. I would like to hear a more involved discussion about the factors that are considered by him and Dr. Now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I wonder how well Amy will do in the long run given how badly her first week went.  The idea of ignoring the doctor’s instructions to stay on a liquid diet and eating solid food stunned me, she seemed to think it was funny until he told her how bad the consequences could have been.  I had an aunt who had the bypass and suffered all sorts of health problems because she chose to eat her favourite treats in smaller amounts rather than the healthy foods she should have been eating for proper nutrition.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

I wonder how well Amy will do in the long run given how badly her first week went.  The idea of ignoring the doctor’s instructions to stay on a liquid diet and eating solid food stunned me, she seemed to think it was funny until he told her how bad the consequences could have been.  I had an aunt who had the bypass and suffered all sorts of health problems because she chose to eat her favourite treats in smaller amounts rather than the healthy foods she should have been eating for proper nutrition.  

Her expression changed awfully fast.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Her expression changed awfully fast.

Yeah it went from "awwww ain't I a stinker" to "oh shit, stomach explosion!"

Anyways good on amy for her weight loss I thought she looked nice and I hope she can keep it up.  

• Love 11

Yeah, for someone to be so afraid of the surgery, she sure blew off doctor's orders.  To me that is odd.  That really makes me wonder if she really can control her actions with food.  Because, to me, that's just crazy.  Almost like a death wish.

Her obsession with having a baby sounds sweet, but, I really wonder if she's really given it much thought.  IDK, I just envision her overfeeding the baby or bringing him up on sugary cereal and sodie, as she calls it. 

I did notice that Tammi announced to her mom that she had healthy snack food prepared for their party.  That was nice. 

Something about the way they were dancing at the end....cracked me up.  I found it amusing. 

Amy and Tammi's mother and brother appear to need help with obesity too.  Practically, all of them except for Amy's husband. 

• Love 11

I only caught brief segments of this show when I was channel surfing, but every time I saw those sisters all I could think of were "Teensy and Weensy" from the old "I Love Lucy" episode with Tennessee Ernie Ford. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, for someone to be so afraid of the surgery, she sure blew off doctor's orders.  To me that is odd.  That really makes me wonder if she really can control her actions with food.  Because, to me, that's just crazy.  Almost like a death wish.

Her obsession with having a baby sounds sweet, but, I really wonder if she's really given it much thought.  IDK, I just envision her overfeeding the baby or bringing him up on sugary cereal and sodie, as she calls it. 

I did notice that Tammi announced to her mom that she had healthy snack food prepared for their party.  That was nice. 

Something about the way they were dancing at the end....cracked me up.  I found it amusing. 

Amy and Tammi's mother and brother appear to need help with obesity too.  Practically, all of them except for Amy's husband. 

Yeah, with few exceptions that entire family needs to consult with Dr. Proctor and Dr. Now.  

Having a baby immediately is probably not the best idea because from all I've heard babies are stressful and it would be so easy for Amy to start stress eating.  And with the gastric bypass versus the sleeve my understanding is that it's very dangerous.  Not just that you'd gain the weight back but that your body just couldn't handle it.  

At the same time though having a baby may have been a crutch for Amy.  Like part of some idealized life that she could never attain.  As her real life improves, she may not be as focused on those idealized dreams.  

• Love 8

Can I just tell y'all that I tried to watch this show and could only get through about one quarter of the first episode because I found the sisters so disturbing to watch and listen to. I mean, I can take a lot but those two..... I really was disgusted. 

But I've been lurking here in the forums and have enjoyed every snarky comment! Thank you!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, with few exceptions that entire family needs to consult with Dr. Proctor and Dr. Now.  

Having a baby immediately is probably not the best idea because from all I've heard babies are stressful and it would be so easy for Amy to start stress eating.  And with the gastric bypass versus the sleeve my understanding is that it's very dangerous.  Not just that you'd gain the weight back but that your body just couldn't handle it.  

At the same time though having a baby may have been a crutch for Amy.  Like part of some idealized life that she could never attain.  As her real life improves, she may not be as focused on those idealized dreams.  

That's an excellent point.  I would hope her doctors and therapist bring this up with her.  She really needs to get herself to a good stable place. Plus, all the additional nutrition issues that will arrive with a pregnancy.....just seems that she would enjoy getting into shape, having fun time with hubby and friends, take classes, learn skills, get a job, etc.  She would have so much more to offer as a parent, imo.   Why just replace her caregiving of Tammi, with caring for a child?  She seems to think that's all she can do.  

• Love 4
On 2/6/2020 at 8:34 AM, RedDelicious said:

And she was so nonchalant about it like she'd done it plenty before, which begs the question, HOW? I noticed that the hickeys she was so proud of seemed to disappear pretty quickly, so I'm wondering if the 'encounter' actually happened in Atlanta, or at some other time, and they wove it into the story for the sake of the finale. 

I thought he met her in Atlanta, but I could be wrong.    I am concerned as she said he liked big women which may not bode well for the relationship if she loses the significant amount of weight that should result from successful surgery and follow through.   Also being a bit of a fuddy duddy I was bothered by their sleeping together so soon in the relationship.  I understand she is lonely and probably jealous of Amy's marriage, but I still thought it was not a good choice.

I missed part of the episode when it aired Wed so I recorded the encore showing last night not realizing it was the "expanded" version with bonus scenes.  I did like that they showed both women going to a support group in Dixon. 

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I only caught brief segments of this show when I was channel surfing, but every time I saw those sisters all I could think of were "Teensy and Weensy" from the old "I Love Lucy" episode with Tennessee Ernie Ford. 

I love that episode when they sing "Richocet Romance.   I also  think of the Borden twins when I see Amy and Tammy except that compared to these sisters, the twins look normal weight."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borden_Twins

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

I thought he met her in Atlanta, but I could be wrong.    I am concerned as she said he liked big women which may not bode well for the relationship if she loses the significant amount of weight that should result from successful surgery and follow through.   Also being a bit of a fuddy duddy I was bothered by their sleeping together so soon in the relationship.  I understand she is lonely and probably jealous of Amy's marriage, but I still thought it was not a good choice.

I missed part of the episode when it aired Wed so I recorded the encore showing last night not realizing it was the "expanded" version with bonus scenes.  I did like that they showed both women going to a support group in Dixon. 

Personally, I suspect this guy is a fame whore.  It seems like a weird coincidence that they "met online" right before filming started.  

Even if he was into large women, Tami could lost like 200 pounds and be Amy's size, which seems pretty large. 

I was more bothered by the speed of their hookup because I think Tami is going to end up with very hurt feelings.  Tami is referring to him as her "boyfriend" and posting pics of them with her pointing at her hickeys and she wants to ask him about life decisions (and he doesn't seem much more invested than "well if your doctor says to do it you should").  

All this combined with conveinent timing just makes the whole thing suspicious to me.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Catgyrl said:

What?!?! I tried that link but it’s broken or removed. 

Dang! It’s some indecipherable nonsense from Tammy because she’s being called out about Jerry being MARRIED. I just remembered it’s a private Facebook group so that’s why it won’t open. Sorry! it’s a shame because Tammy is quite the wordsmith. 

https://dailysoapdish.com/amp/2020/02/tlc-1000-lb-sisters-spoilers-tammy-slaton-has-a-boyfriend-and-he-is-married/

46 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Dang! It’s some indecipherable nonsense from Tammy because she’s being called out about Jerry being MARRIED. I just remembered it’s a private Facebook group so that’s why it won’t open. Sorry! it’s a shame because Tammy is quite the wordsmith. 

https://dailysoapdish.com/amp/2020/02/tlc-1000-lb-sisters-spoilers-tammy-slaton-has-a-boyfriend-and-he-is-married/

Not surprised.  I vaguely remember thinking it was weird that he seemed to be video chatting with her from a car. 

• Love 3

I lost a lot of respect for Dr. Proctor for giving Amy the surgery.

His goal for her was too easy. She didn't demonstrate that she could follow an eating plan for any length of time, which became apparent as she couldn't even follow the liquid diet for one week after surgery. I think Proctor jumped the gun on this one, big time.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

All I can say to that is:

200.gif.b7d234382ba78ca0ccd18e9263dff77d.gif

So, if he's a cheatin' with Tammy what must his wife look like? Nevermind, I don't really want to know.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

All I can say to that is:

200.gif.b7d234382ba78ca0ccd18e9263dff77d.gif

So, if he's a cheatin' with Tammy what must his wife look like? Nevermind, I don't really want to know.

She also appears to be on the larger side. I have gone down a bit of a rabbit hole and have seen some rumors that Tammy is not the first reality-show participant this guy has poked. Also supposedly his wife is seriously ill and they have an “agreement.” I have questions...

On 2/6/2020 at 7:35 AM, RealReality said:

On 2/6/2020 at 10:19 AM, RealReality said:

Watched the episode.  I can already tell that tami's "relationship" is going to end in tears.  She is wayyyy too invested and this guy is clearly a fame whore.  

11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Personally, I suspect this guy is a fame whore.  It seems like a weird coincidence that they "met online" right before filming started.  

All this combined with conveinent timing just makes the whole thing suspicious to me.  

2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

She also appears to be on the larger side. I have gone down a bit of a rabbit hole and have seen some rumors that Tammy is not the first reality-show participant this guy has poked. Also supposedly his wife is seriously ill and they have an “agreement.” I have questions...

Called it!  

Wish I had better range of motion so I could pat myself on the back for being a human magic 8 ball. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Oh, the hickies. I had to pour myself a glass of wine at that point.

And look at Amy go with that Jeffree Star + Shane Dawson Mini Controversy eyeshadow palette! I'm happy for her 100-lb weight loss, and also that her mother verbally expressed - in front of other people - her pride in her daughters. That was nice, and I hope it helps with Amy and Tammi's emotional healing.

• Love 12
On 2/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, Brooklynista said:

So y'all are going to make me ask?? Fine!

How exactly can he even know if what he entered was actually her lady parts versus a sweaty fat fold? I wonder the same thing with Whitney and her declarations of coitus.  I mean c'mon!

A friend and I coined Tammy's...ummmm......activity "fold fucking."  Folding for short.  Bi-folding and even tri-folding if you're feeling nasty.

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 2/8/2020 at 6:25 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It's all hot and moist so there's not much difference. 

And now I'll hop on my escape goat and run away before hearing your reactions to that comment!

giphy.gif 

Hmmmmm, please don't forget to also hop on that flaming bus ride to Hell!😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

As  a fellow fuddy  fuddy, I totally agree.  What she did was incredibly risky, for a whole bunch of reasons.  She may have ended up dead, molested, pregnant, infected with serious disease (or just crabs for that matter) and a broken heart. And why was she so proud  of those hickies?  It seems to me that she had to prove  to herself  or maybe  to all the world that she could  attract a man.

Edited by Dittohead
Sorry, I forgot to add the quote I was agreeing with and I can't figure out how to insert it ex post facto.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Dittohead said:

As  a fellow fuddy  fuddy, I totally agree.  What she did was incredibly risky, for a whole bunch of reasons.  She may have ended up dead, molested, pregnant, infected with serious disease (or just crabs for that matter) and a broken heart. And why was she so proud  of those hickies?  It seems to me that she had to prove  to herself  or maybe  to all the world that she could  attract a man.

I think that proving to the world she can get a guy is certainly part of it.  That he is decent looking is another part of it.  And the fact that she is desperate for what amy and Michael have is another part of it.  

She is letting her self-worth rest on this relationship and her overinvestment is going to suck when she ends up hurt.  

Michael is a quiet type but you can tell her cares.  This guy barely seems to give a flying fig and just lets Tami talk with an obligatory "well it's about your health" thrown in every once in a while. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you think we'll get a season two of this?  lol   The one about the extended family who got surgery with Dr. Proctor, was two seasons, right?

The Andersons did get two seasons.  They were much easier to watch than these two though, I'm not sure I have it in me to sit through any more of Tammy and Amy.

• Love 2

I think all that family got was a follow-up special that mostly amounted to clips from the first season and a couple seconds of new material.