Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: The Season Kick off Mask Off: Group A

• Start Topic

Much like T Pain, lil Wayne became clear when I saw the skateboard and Xbox controller. He also had some auto tune going.

Pretty sure I know who most of them are (we cannot escape Gronk) but really confused by the Kangaroo. 

• Love 1

I'm going against the grain and thinking that it's NOT Gronk.  Showing the four score and seven poster on Week 1 is a little too on the nose.

My guess is Julian Edelman, depending on when this was taped.  The clam champion (he has been the Super Bowl MVP) and it said 51 clams.  In Super Bowl LI Edelman had 87 yards.  Gronk has never been an MVP and he didn't play in that Super Bowl as he was injured during the season.

He's also enough of a goofball (not to Gronk proportions, but few are) to get a kick out of singing Ice Ice Baby while wearing a tiger costume and shaking his ass.

My only problem is when this was taped.  If it was during the season, I don't know how Edelman could have done it, whereas Gronk was hanging out in LA and becoming a Laker girl.

Edited by Sile
  • Love 3

I’ve never seen this show before...what an insane idea but it’s so much fun!  I hope We get more Jamie Foxx...he’s more appealing to me than all the other judges put together.  I think The miss monster is Missy Elliott...she said she was misunderstood and that’s literally all I know about Missy Elliot.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Sile said:

My only problem is when this was taped.  If it was during the season, I don't know how Edelman could have done it, whereas Gronk was hanging out in LA and becoming a Laker girl.

They started filming on December 19th and are still filming. 

14 minutes ago, Sile said:

I'm going against the grain and thinking that it's NOT Gronk.  Showing the four score and seven poster on Week 1 is a little too on the nose.

Clues seem to be more on the nose for the ones that aren’t likely to be around long. Last season Laila Ali’s clues were obvious. 

Edited by Guest
10 minutes ago, Paws said:

I’ve never seen this show before...what an insane idea but it’s so much fun!  I hope We get more Jamie Foxx...he’s more appealing to me than all the other judges put together.  I think The miss monster is Missy Elliott...she said she was misunderstood and that’s literally all I know about Missy Elliot.

Don't worry, Jamie Foxx always seems to be on the show, in the judges' minds if not in person.  But I agree that he was a good guest judge and his guesses seemed, you know, plausible.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

The Robot should not have been eliminated first, not with Gronk stumbling through Ice Ice Baby. 

IMO yes he shouldve. Sounded the worst with a Flat, Montone rendition of "Are you gonna go my Way" White Tiger(Might be Gronk) sounded better. Lil Wayne is an Overrated Rapper to me IMO. What do I know though. Crap like Billie Ellish just won a bunch of Grammys for a song that's mumbling 

38 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

How great would it be if Jamie Foxx was also competing? Being a guest judge so early on is an excellent red herring. 

He wouldn't have been able to Judge then. The contestants dont find out who the others were until they see it on TV from what I heard

I think Lil Wayne agreed to be on the show as long as he went out first on the post-Super Bowl show, since his album just dropped two days ago. He wouldn't get as much mileage out of TMS for his new album if he was on for another six weeks.

I flipped the channel before Turtle performed, as they went to commercial and it was the ASPCA commercial, which I can't watch, and I didn't flip back soon enough to catch the performance. But it sounds like I will need to check it out on Hulu!

I don't understand why this group is coming back on Wednesday instead of the other group. I didn't watch last season, save for half of the premiere and the whole finale--is it two shows a week, alternating between groups? Will there be two shows with group B next week?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Edelman is shorter than Cannon. Y’all agree with Iggy as the kangaroo and Joey Mac as the turtle? Whoever the turtle is, he’s good. 

Mass Twitter thinks the turtle is Jesse McCartney (I know for sure it wasn’t Joe) chaka khan for Miss Monster and for some reason, Jordyn Woods for the kangaroo. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

I think Lil Wayne agreed to be on the show as long as he went out first on the post-Super Bowl show, since his album just dropped two days ago. He wouldn't get as much mileage out of TMS for his new album if he was on for another six weeks.

I flipped the channel before Turtle performed, as they went to commercial and it was the ASPCA commercial, which I can't watch, and I didn't flip back soon enough to catch the performance. But it sounds like I will need to check it out on Hulu!

I don't understand why this group is coming back on Wednesday instead of the other group. I didn't watch last season, save for half of the premiere and the whole finale--is it two shows a week, alternating between groups? Will there be two shows with group B next week?

Cause of Having 18 Singers they are going with 3 groups of 6. This group will get cut down to 3 then they go to group 2 cut them down to 3 and so on until 9 are left then they are combined. Someone BTS said in a interview they wanted to change it up so they arent mixing it up last season where u didnt certain ones for weeks 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

Last season they alternated but this season the first 3 episode are group A. They probably changed it because this is the first season where they haven’t completed filming before it airs. They’ve been taping in groups of three with gaps in between. 

Initially I was concerned about the overall quality of the masks this year but looking at the schedule the groups may just be based on availability. 

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

and for some reason, Jordyn Woods for the kangaroo. 

I really hope not but several of the clues match. Her father, who was a sound engineer, died a couple of years ago and she’s been in the press a lot based on her own poor choices.

I have a feeling Kangaroo is someone I wouldn’t recognize if she was performing without a mask. 

7 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

Last season, the singers overall were better than the first season.  This season, they went downhill since most of the singers were bad. 

To be fair, we've only heard half of them so far and there were a couple of great singers in there.

I'll admit that I think the whole voting part of this show is rigged and singers are unmasked when the show, not the studio audience, decides.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Paws said:

I think The miss monster is Missy Elliott...she said she was misunderstood and that’s literally all I know about Missy Elliot.

Me too! I immediately thought misdemeanor Missy Elliott. And it sounds just like her. I also don't agree with gronk. to me he sounds just like Jason Momoa, Aquaman. And he certainly has the size.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

He wouldn't have been able to Judge then. The contestants dont find out who the others were until they see it on TV from what I heard

But why couldn't he guest judge group A and then compete in group C? I mean, seems like it should be against the rules, but there also aren't really rules and nobody knows who anybody is. 

It would be funny because if he did compete in group C, the real judges wouldn't want to guess him because they would assume he couldn't compete. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, P2C2E said:

But why couldn't he guest judge group A and then compete in group C? I mean, seems like it should be against the rules, but there also aren't really rules and nobody knows who anybody is. 

It would be funny because if he did compete in group C, the real judges wouldn't want to guess him because they would assume he couldn't compete. 

Because the groups will be merged at some point and judges vote on who is eliminated. You can’t have a one contestant having any say on which of his competitors is going to be eliminated. 

48 minutes ago, Dani said:

Because the groups will be merged at some point and judges vote on who is eliminated. You can’t have a one contestant having any say on which of his competitors is going to be eliminated. 

Right, but isn't Jamie a guest judge? And they typically only judge one episode or two. Who knows if their vote even counts?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

Right, but isn't Jamie a guest judge? And they typically only judge one episode or two. Who knows if their vote even counts?

He is a guest judge but there has never been anything to indicate that their votes don’t count. I’m not sure what difference it makes if he only judges one episode because he would still have a say in who competes against him. 

If they went down that road it would bring up a lot of questions about the judging and the show probably doesn’t want to answer. 

I don't care if some people aren't good singers. It's just "celebs" wanting to have some fun. Lol I mean I'm sure some take it more seriously but it's just an entertainment show. They never said it was all people that could sing. There's no need to get mad about it. I do get being annoyed if worse singers stay too long, but it's how it's always been. That's reality TV for ya. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, P2C2E said:

How great would it be if Jamie Foxx was also competing? Being a guest judge so early on is an excellent red herring. 

This was my thought as well. They guess him every season, so unless he is a guest judge at some point during all the groups, I think there is a chance he is actually competing this time.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

I would think that that would make it a perfect way to throw people off, then. If he doesn't know who the other contestants are, it wouldn't affect his guesses as a judge.

• Love 1

I've never listened to Lil Wayne(or rappers in general, really), and after hearing him tonight, I find myself wondering how in the hell he has platinum records. He didn't sound good at all, IMO, and was rightfully the first one to leave.  White Tiger wasn't really much(if any)better vocally but was at least a little more entertaining. Not too impressed by tonight overall-nobody really stood out to me as being great <shrug>.

• Love 4

Is there any actual prize? Because obviously if there's a cash prize the idea that Jamie could judge one group while being in another raises all sorts of red flags. But if it's just a shitty trophy from the prop department, then I'm not sure it even matters?

• Useful 1
On 2/3/2020 at 12:17 AM, Sile said:

My guess is Julian Edelman, depending on when this was taped.  The clam champion (he has been the Super Bowl MVP) and it said 51 clams.  In Super Bowl LI Edelman had 87 yards.  Gronk has never been an MVP and he didn't play in that Super Bowl as he was injured during the season.

Gronk’s jersey number is number 87.  And Edelman is no where near that tall. This is definitely Gronk.  

Edited by Callietwo
  • Love 1