Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Infestation

Barbie risks his life to help Rebecca save the Chester's Mill food supply, when she discovers an infestation of butterfly eggs on the town's crops.

Don't Monarch butterflies only eat milkweed, which means they would be no threat to any crops. Unless they are magic butterfly eggs that hatch into larvae that eat corn, wheat, oats, etc.

• Love 2

Don't Monarch butterflies only eat milkweed, which means they would be no threat to any crops. Unless they are magic butterfly eggs that hatch into larvae that eat corn, wheat, oats, etc.

It's contrived disaster of the week that makes no sense and will be solved in a convenient manner like a Deus Ex Machina or some stupid reason that'll be brushed aside when it's all done.

• Love 1

It's contrived disaster of the week that makes no sense and will be solved in a convenient manner like a Deus Ex Machina or some stupid reason that'll be brushed aside when it's all done.

More like Deus Ex Dictavit.   :)

The dome does seem to be playing God.

Wait, I thought we handled the famine and plague days ago...

Apparently they're doing it again because they've already used up many of their disasters of the the week least season and are just scrambling for more nonsense.

Yeah, that's just what the Monarch Butterflies need, to be demonized as a crop threat. They are already endangered and need help. I'm not saying that fans of the Dome think this show is in any way educational and influential, but then again. non-sarcastic viewers that actually enjoy the plotlines and think they make sense, are...probably not too bright.

Anything to get Barbie...

..naked or semi-naked would be a better plot contrivance, I think. Such as, it's necessary to do a Chippendales-type fundraiser to appease the Dome gods/goddess! Add new character Sam in the dancing and it's sealed - Under the Dome garners huge ratings esp. in the treasured 18-49 age group. I'd keep watching, if somehow it happened every week, no matter what happens plotwise.

• Love 1

Okay, I've been thinking about this for awhile, and this episode-to-be is triggering it even more so: Barbara Kingsolver's 2013 novel, Flight Behavior, heavily featured monarch butterflies and a red-haired female protagonist. Not sure if there's a connection, but...

In the book, the butterflies were threatened by climate change, and this caused them to relocate.

The dome is by nature a microclimate.

Is this just a coincidence, or was the writer who introduced the monarch butterflies in the first place stoned when s/he read Flight Behavior, or maybe his/her partner was listening to the audio book version in the car or in bed while the writer was dozing off, and then when s/he saw Rachelle LeFevere's hair thought "Monarch butterflies!"?

• Love 2
Don't Monarch butterflies only eat milkweed,

Monarch caterpillars only eat milkweed. It's required because an alkaloid in milkweed makes them taste terrible. Monarch butterflies, like all butterflies, eat using a proboscis, sucking nectar from flowers.

Although the "monarch" they showed in season one didn't look like any monarch butterfly I've ever seen, so I wonder if they'll get the caterpillars right.

are just scrambling for more nonsense

Scrambling? Plot about eggs?  Good one! Great writing; you work for Under the Dome, don't you?

(edited)
Don't Monarch butterflies only eat milkweed,

Monarch caterpillars only eat milkweed. It's required because an alkaloid in milkweed makes them taste terrible. Monarch butterflies, like all butterflies, eat using a proboscis, sucking nectar from flowers.

My bad --  it is the Monarch caterpillars that do all the munching/crunching/damage to plants while feeding, but still only to milkweed plants.  And that is the supposed 'threat to the crops' in this episode.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
(edited)

So this episode was pretty much people 'wanting revenge', the acting and dialogue felt off, Barbie flying a plane and wasted some time with some quick fix problem.

This series like Revolution is boring, they pretty much burned through all the bs last season and now they're dragging things out and everything is directionless and aimless.

The new character is annoying, I'm already beyond sick and tired of Jr's angst and family problems and it's only 2 episodes into the season.

Edited by FAU
  • Love 2
(edited)

The stupid -- it really, really burns. Who writes this shit ?

Despite the fact that the dome just went crazy the previous day, Big Jim says that they are opening the school backup since they need a reason for Junior to go to the school to discover dead Angie.  You just know that we will never hear about classes at that school ever again.

Julia and Barbie have their sexytime interrupted by a flock of butterflies.

And the high school science teacher discovers caterpillars eating her vegetable garden -- and raises the alarms to Big Jim.

Most people including Big Jim, had their generators fired by the magnetism of the dome -- so what power they did have is mostly gone (so how was the town all lit up at night in view from outside the dome at the end of the previous episode).

Mystery girl goes for a walk in the woods and discovers a friendly butterfly.  What is she afraid of if she is an avatar of the dome ?
By the way, mystery girl came from the lake complete with shoes and earrings -- if she is a dome avatar, why all the accessories ?

Junior finds Angie in the hallway of the school getting sport-humped by a few hundred butterflies -- nothing odd about that at all.

Big Jim instinctively knew to go open up the Sweetbriar Rose, despite the fact that Angie has claimed ownership in her deal with Big Jim from last season.  Unless BIg Jim knew she was already dead and wouldn't be showing up for work.

And the bloody footprint from a women's shoe points to the murderer as -- Julia ? Mystery girl ? Fivehead ? High School Teacher ? Fivehead's mom ?  Nope, it has to be mystery girl.

The Chester's Mills police force consists of the town DJ and a traumatized sociopath.  This will end well.  DJ Phil is now all police procedure and CSI -- when did he learn these skills ?

Rebecca (the High School Teacher) decides by herself to scorch the local wheat field because .... she's an idiot.  Monarch caterpillars don't eat anything but milkweed -- so despite laying eggs on other plants the caterpillars wouldn't eat other plants.  Oh, but 'the magnetism' affected their eating pattern. WTF ?  What a bizarre and at the same time extremely lame way to hand wave the threat to the crops by the butterflies.  Wouldn't the butterflies also start eating the leaves on the trees (because, you know, magnetism) ?

Where has Rebecca been all this time for the last two weeks ? Because she seems like quite the busy body, and a little bit on the bossy side -- I don't think she would have sat in the background ALL THIS TIME.

Sam Verdraux gets all explainy to Julia with his book of crazy drawings by Junior's ma.

Despite the dome magnetism ripping buildings apart, and tearing the church bell from its steeple, disabling most of the generators in town and destroying Joe/Angie's house, Julia's Prius still works just fine, because she is all over the place in this episode.

Why would the cropduster be covered in cobwebs out in the open hangar like that ?  Barbie grazes the dome with the wing of the plane (despite the fact that that would never happen, that plane would twist and impact on the dome), and runs out of fuel at the same time.  But Big Jim saves the day by telling him where the switch for the reserve tank is located -- what a crock of shit for building drama that goes nowhere ? 

Where did that crowd come from so suddenly to greet Barbie at the airstrip ?  Would the crowd even know why Barbie was executing some emergency crop-dusting ?

Junior and Joe go all lynch mobby on mystery girl to exact their revenge, because they know without a doubt that she is guilty, except she's not because Julia and Sam discover evidence on Angie's body indicating otherwise.

How did they get word out to the entire town that there was a funeral for Angie ?  Because the whole town showed up.  Who had time to make all those floral bouquets a lot of the women were holding ?  Why didn't Linda get a funeral -- since she died only yesterday (in show time)   How come Jim didn't mention that Angie was also the most recent owner of the Sweetbriar Rose in his eulogy ?

Pop-psychologist Barbie comes to the rescue for Joe -- with stories and sage wisdom to help him move on with his grief, less than a day after Angie was murdered.

And Big Jim goes all Churchy McGee to end the episode.  Make that Rev. Big Jim.  And it looks like Junior killed Angie during his drunken blackout.  But with all the fakeouts on this show, you know that's not the case.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

And Big Jim goes all Churchy McGee to end the episode.  Make that Rev. Big Jim.

Gag me, ugh it wasn't already bad enough they tried to force 'redeem' Jr and whitewashing that creep, now we're stuck with this bs.

And it looks like Junior killed Angie during his drunken blackout.  But with all the fakeouts on this show, you know that's not the case.

It's going to be another forced plot twist, unfortunately it means more annoying Jr angsting as if it wasn't already bad enough.

What I didn't get was why Rebecca turned on Barbie so quickly. She seemed fine with him when they were conspiring for him to be the one to go up in the plane, then all of a sudden after she's all bitter toward him while talking to Big Jim. 

• Love 4

Dude, those butterflies were totally being creepers!  That's right, I"m choosing to believe they were secretly at the window the entire time, watching Barbie and Julia have sex.

Angie gets a big funeral at least, but we never saw one for Linda.  I wonder if they even bothered with one, or just dumped the poor idiot in a hole. Hell, who am I kidding?  Did they even go back for the body?  Knowing these idiots, they totally forgot about that part, and her corpse is still rotting away beside the Dome.

After the pure cheese of the premiere, this was just back to regular boredom, sadly.  Everyone accusing everyone that they killed Angie.  Religion vs. science rearing it's head, with various backers.  Barbie and Julia are already starting to have friction (I would have assumed finding out your lover killed your husband and hid it from you, would mean you could survive anything obstacle, but maybe not...)  Rebecca being all shifty.  Sam still being a mystery.  Crisis of the week, that is already solved thanks to luck and convenience (oh, we totally had a working plane all this time!  And Barbie can fly it!)   Yeah, not exactly gripping stuff, IMO.

Junior thinks he killed Angie, but I'm sure it will be a fake-out.  My current prediction: it was Sam.  After Junior told him about blacking out and his concerns, Sam decided to use him as a scapegoat.  Only doubt I have is that Sam wouldn't have known Junior slept in the prison cells, but that is something this show would overlook.  Of course, I'm fully prepared to be wrong, but that's my early theory.

Favorite moment: the butterflies dying when Joe and Norrie kissed, because it totally looked like the butterflies were sick of that sappy shit, and decided life just wasn't worth living anymore.

• Love 11

What I didn't get was why Rebecca turned on Barbie so quickly. She seemed fine with him when they were conspiring for him to be the one to go up in the plane, then all of a sudden after she's all bitter toward him while talking to Big Jim. 

Forced, last minute heel face turn into a terrible villain?  Idk, she's just an annoying character who just suddenly goes with Jim for some reason.

• Love 2
(edited)

They kill off Angie (Britt Robertson, one of their more popular young actors) and they keep people like Nor and Julia. Angie would have been a better lead, and better with Barbie.

This show is getting worse and worse.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Me either.  I guess she got mad because some of the townfolk were cheering Barbie after he landed the plane.  She doesn't want them to worship anyone but Big Jim because...  I got nothin'.

Big Jim instinctively knew to go open up the Sweetbriar Rose, despite the fact that Angie has claimed ownership in her deal with Big Jim from last season.  Unless BIg Jim knew she was already dead and wouldn't be showing up for work.

I could hand wave that one away, just figuring that people went to the diner at usual opening time, found it still closed, and called Big Jim because they thought he still owned it or something.  But everything else you said I agree with 100%.  Beyond painful to watch.

It's a wonder my eyes aren't ruined because of how many times I had to roll them while watching this episode.  If they're going to be this stupid about it, they're going to have to give me something amusing/interesting/exciting to go on in every episode.  Like I was genuinely surprised about Angie being killed last episode, so that kept me going, plus it was funny to watch everyone having to fall down and act like they had been knocked out by the magnetism.  This episode there was none of that, just the stupidity without the fun.  The stupid things weren't even funny.  Boring!

And why oh why, if the mystery girl is a representative of the Dome, why doesn't she know anything?  Oh yeah, I forgot - the writers can't afford to let her actually know how to do whatever her Dome-related job is supposed to be because then the show would be over.  Silly me.

• Love 1

This show seems noticeably worse, so far. I don't get it. A lot of the actors seem more stilted in their performances. That is especially true of the red head. She was really phoning it in this episode. No one cares about her relationship drama with Barbie. She quickly forgave him for shooting her husband and then lying about it for weeks, but he disagrees with her once and it's a big deal? Poor writing.

Jr. and his crazy really irk me. He doesn't seem to have an actual mental health condition, he is just an intense loser who can't seem to see past the good sex Angie once gave him. Didn't Jr. murder someone last season? Why is he being so uppity about murder now? If they are going to keep Jr. around, I just hope that the dome somehow heals him and he stops acting like a nutter, two seconds off of crying in every scene. At least he is cute.

I don't understand the Rebecca character. She speaks with a certainty and authority that no high school science teacher should have in this situation The idea of my junior year science teacher just making executive decisions that could effect the lives of everyone in town is hilarious. I can't help but feel like the other two characters got killed to make way for this chick. So far, she is kind of strange. I really don't get why she is suddenly all Lady Macbeth with Jim.

• Love 3

The stupid things weren't even funny.  Boring!

It suffers from the same thing Revolution did: dull stupidity.

Jr. and his crazy really irk me. He doesn't seem to have an actual mental health condition, he is just an intense loser who can't seem to see past the good sex Angie once gave him. Didn't Jr. murder someone last season? Why is he being so uppity about murder now? If they are going to keep Jr. around, I just hope that the dome somehow heals him and he stops acting like a nutter, two seconds off of crying in every scene. At least he is cute.

They completely whitewashed everything about his character and now it's about his annoying family problems/creepy possessive/abusive obsession of Angie that's being pushed as sympathetic for him.

And why oh why, if the mystery girl is a representative of the Dome, why doesn't she know anything?  Oh yeah, I forgot - the writers can't afford to let her actually know how to do whatever her Dome-related job is supposed to be because then the show would be over.  Silly me.

She represents the terrible writing on this show though.

I realize there are no detectives left in Domeville, but surely there are folks who have watched way too many crime shows.

1. Find the murder weapon (and dust it for finger prints)

2. Find the motive (Barbie pointed out the handprint on the locker, but New Sheriff DJ stopped him from checking it out).

So if Junior didn't kill her in a drunken blackout, Big Jim might have done it and planted the evidence on Junior. Didn't Junior tell Big Jim that he and Angie were planning to kill him?

• Love 2
(edited)
2. Find the motive (Barbie pointed out the handprint on the locker, but New Sheriff DJ stopped him from checking it out).

I still can't believe that by the end of the episode that no one had picked up a crow bar and pried open that locker to see what was inside.  Barbie tried, but gave up way to easy.

They still have WAAAAAY too many working amenities for having been with out power from the grid for two whole weeks -- and most of the generators are now kaput because of 'the magnetism'.  Plus, everyone is still way too clean for not having any working water supplies -- for two weeks (except for Sam who looks like he lives off the grid most of the time but did have a telephone in his cabin in the Season 1 premiere).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I realize there are no detectives left in Domeville, but surely there are folks who have watched way too many crime shows.

1. Find the murder weapon (and dust it for finger prints)

So if Junior didn't kill her in a drunken blackout, Big Jim might have done it and planted the evidence on Junior. Didn't Junior tell Big Jim that he and Angie were planning to kill him?

Well it's not like it mattered when Linda was in charge, these people are completely brain dead, they took part in that stupid gallows building/almost hung Barbie last season.

(edited)

Wow, that was awful. Any hope I had that this show might improve evaporated with this episode. Is that what we're in for this season? Contrived drama that has Science Lady on one side and Dome-believers on the other? I should have known that Rebecca was brought in to replace Linda as Big Jim's sycophant. Why is she suddenly Big Jim's biggest fan and acting like he is their salvation? The writers are giving us no reason as to why she suddenly thinks that Barbie is usurping Jim's rightful place as the hero of Chester's Mill. One of the (many) problems is that we are getting no logical reason why these characters are acting the way they do. Julia is another example. As others have posted, Barbie murdering her husband and lying about it was no problem for her but disagreeing with her about Lake Girl and that's what causes Julie to feel she and Barbie have trust issues. Really Julia?  I did like Barbie's face when she said "I feel like I'm losing you.". It was the same WTF expression I know that I had because that came out of nowhere. If they want to manufacture some conflict between Barbie and Julia that was a piss poor way to do it. The writers are being so obvious that they are setting up a Sam-Barbie rivalry that they may as well have the actors wearing shirts that say "Love triangle Ahead!".

Ugh. This show.

I am actually hoping that DJ Phil killed Angie and is found out soon because I don't know how long I can watch his Sheriff Phil act. The level of stupid is pretty high on this show already and every time he's in a scene the stupid level immediately doubles. What were the writers thinking when they made him Sheriff? Was it a toss up between him, Joe or Norrie because those are the only other two choices that would have been worse.

Not sure how long I'm going to be able to watch. If this is what we are in store for the next 11 episodes then even the eye candy won't be enough to get me to continue watching.

Edited by Desperately Random
  • Love 8
(edited)

Wow, they really know how to get their mileage out of that 'cow cut in half' graphic they ordered up for the pilot, don't they?

I always wish that they'd end the uber dramatic phrase "Some say we'll be stuck in here forever..." with "but hell, it's only been like two weeks".

Okay as for this week...

"How's Joe doing?" Barbie: "He's a tough kid." Yeah, hell, he had a nail driven through his palm yesterday and hasn't said boo about it today!!

But yeah it was really bad, and not entertaining bad like last week... Miss Almighty School Teacher who is now the authority on everything (how did she know what crops in town were/weren't infected so quickly and able to guide Barbie to them from the air??) is really annoying. As is the obvious sexual tension between Julia and Sam. I was really surprised the knocking on his door was Jr. not Julia. I love that for no reason all of a sudden Julia just snaps on Barbie when she senses fresh meat.

Uncle Phil Barbie and Heroic Barbie in one eppy was a little much. Rely on two characters much? Like the damned caterpillars it's like everyone's memory of the past gets eaten away with each new day.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 1

Wow, they really know how to get their mileage out of that 'cow cut in half' graphic they ordered up for the pilot, don't they?

I always wish that they'd end the uber dramatic phrase "Some say we'll be stuck in here forever..." with "but hell, it's only been like two weeks".

Okay as for this week...

"How's Joe doing?" Barbie: "He's a tough kid." Yeah, hell, he had a nail driven through his palm yesterday and hasn't said boo about it today!!

The magic boneless cow.

It really doesn't seem like only 2 weeks have passed. Every episode is supposed to take place in one day? That means Julia was shot 4 days ago?

It's amazing how Joe's hand seems fine and apparently doesn't even hurt with no drugs/antibiotics/painkillers available.

• Love 2

How did they get word out to the entire town that there was a funeral for Angie  (The computer won't let me work with the quotes)

Simple.  They put a note on the front door of the Sweetbr8ar Rose :  Funeral for Angie today 9-11 am.  Free food 11am till closing

'Cause, you know, the owner's dead anyway.

So Barbie's a pilot, too.  Any chance he's a top flight trauma surgeon with a specialty in OB/GYN?

Reopen the school?  Now there's an idea. Gather up all those headstrong teenagers with no visible hope in the future, and coop them up in a classroom all day.  Teach them to build evermore accurate dioramas of Chester's Mill and the chicken wire dome.

• Love 2

That means Julia was shot 4 days ago?

It's amazing how Joe's hand seems fine and apparently doesn't even hurt with no drugs/antibiotics/painkillers available.

Her wounds were bleeding anew as she popped the stitches when she swam (instead of taking the boat) to save the Wide Eyed Dome Girl int he previous eppy. So... yes?

And yeah like Barbie said, he sure is a tough kid.

Her wounds were bleeding anew as she popped the stitches when she swam (instead of taking the boat) to save the Wide Eyed Dome Girl int he previous eppy. So... yes?

Seems like she might still be in a bit of pain after being shot a few days ago. She showed zero effects of any injury in this episode.
  • Love 1

Exactly... but then again things kind of tend to come and go in this little world. For example have we even heard anyone utter the magic word 'propane' this season?

And earlier:

Barbie grazes the dome with the wing of the plane (despite the fact that that would never happen, that plane would twist and impact on the dome)

Yeah it was like the Dome went all jellylike and "absorbed" the wing...

(edited)

Watching UtD is like watching those bad 'made-for-tv' original sci-fi movies on the SyFy Channel - bad writing and bad acting.  And yet, I can't stop watching.

UtD actually has a few good actors on the show, but I think the ridiculousness of the storylines is affecting their acting.  Unfortunately, unless ratings go down (or their characters get killed off), they're stuck on this show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nice to know the principle female characters have little black dresses on hand.  And plenty of Pro-V!  Looks like Barbie was using some Pro-V himself this episode.

You know that that little scene between Barbie and Joe is going to lead to several slash fics.  Ones where Joe conveniently reveals he's actually of age. 

Phil continues to be a moron...but then, everyone was this episode, so it's not like he was alone in that boat.

How much oxygen is in the dome?  Wouldn't Rebecca's little field fire be detrimental?

Between this and True Blood, I wonder if actress Dale Raoul feels worried being typecast as a judgmental old bat.

And was it irony for Barbie and Joe to jump to conclusions over who killed Angie or was it hypocrisy?

Also, since I'm stupid, don't planes need keys to start?  Did Barbie hotwire the plane?

Well next episode seems like classic King, but is not written by King. 

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 2

There were a lot of painfully dumb things in this episode, but the one that made me roll my eyes all the way backwards was Julia telling Barbie, "I feel like I'm losing you!"

Now, I know being in stressful situations can accelerate relationships, but no. Unless the dome is making her especially cray so that she can dump Barbie and hook up with Sam, that was a stupid, stupid thing to happen. It's only been two weeks and they haven't even been "dating" that whole time! 

It also seemed weird that they wouldn't show Angie's face after she died. Did they not want to pay the actress for the episode? It makes the character's death seem unimportant. 

I forget just how much Julia and Barbie know about Big Jim's evil deeds, because they seem pretty friendly with him, relatively speaking.

• Love 3

Oh, how can you not be loving this show?  I'm only halfway through and the howlers are already rich and plentiful.

"Son, you've got to let Angie go."  [it's been 15 minutes.]

"I'm afraid Joe is keeping his emotions bottled up inside."  [iT'S BEEN 15 MINUTES.]

"They found a woman's shoeprint.  Probably hers." 

Because she's Bigfoot?  Clementine?  Carrie Bradshaw?

Now Barbie's going to dump pesticide on the monarchs.  What next, a panda shows up and Chester Mills decides to nuke it?

• Love 11

The howlers started for me during Julia and Barbie's sexytimes. They're all "I missed this," and I was thinking: You've been together like three days, and you were separated for maybe eight hours. Drama queens.

• Love 6

If it was going to be a funeral, even if they chose not to display a casket, they could've had a scrapbook of pictures of Angie (and Linda too, if they gave a damn.) Instead, they called it a funeral, but it was just another chance for Big Jim to humblebrag and see how much of a cult of personality he has so far. (If he can't genuinely protect/provide for his believers, then he has no power, so I think Jim really is sincere about everyone looking out for everyone. It's just, you know Big Jim Rennie, used car salesman and not-so-closet megalomaniac.

As to Rebecca Pine, teacher of all the sciences, glad I am not the only one who feels they missed the episode where she decides to forsake her true love, science, for Big Jim.  I thought she understood that if the town lost the de facto leader in a potentially deadly  and potentially useless action, then there might be bad reactions from her neighbors. You know, the folks who egg the dome, have a food riot, have an underground fighting ring, and who can throw up a gallows in about two hours.  But Barbie's the hot dog, "stealing" Big Jim's spotlight?  Rebecca and Julia, with her "I feel like I'm losing you!", can stand in the corner until we say you can join the others.

I believe that the writing, while bringing up Jim and Junior's shady actions in S1, are still trying to whitewash the Angie S1 arc-- Angie was chained by Junior to the storm cellar, almost died there, and Jim is complicit- even if he let Angie go minutes before the damn nuke was supposed to fry the town- but Junior loved her, she's dead now, so no big.

DJ Phil? Liked. Sheriff DJ Phil? Not so much. So, the Chester's Mill PD is:

Big Jim Rennie--de facto Mayor and whatever the hell else he wants to be

James "Junior" Rennie--longest surviving deputy

DJ Phil--the local pirate radio station's dj

Dale "Barbie" Barbara--mysterious enforcer, ex- military guy who's a freelance detective-y guy/PD consultant

The unnamed deputies that Junior recruited after Linda deputized him, who aren't dead

wow

I'd be in my storm shelter, catching up on my reading. It would be the safest place, it seems, as long as I don't burst any old pipes.

• Love 4

Wow, this episode was just bad yet I cannot stop watching!!  The teacher seems a little 'off', don't believe Big Jim's nice guy routine,  don't think Jr. killed Angie. But, what's in the locker, who's the girl from the lake/egg, did they even care that Linda also died?  How have the not run out of food yet?  Oh, and Barbie is sooooooo hot!

• Love 1
Nice to know the principle female characters have little black dresses on hand.  And plenty of Pro-V!

Julia's hair and curls were simply perfect for the funeral.  She must have spent a lot of time with the hair dryer and curling iron to get those ringlets so perfect.

So Rebecca is now the new Linda?  I guess they needed a reverent scientist who idolizes Big Jim more than they needed a reverent cop who idolizes Big Jim (up until 5 minutes before she died). 

It's so bizarre they had a funeral for Angie when it's all "Linda who?"  Not to mention all the other people who have died. 

And where's fivehead's other mom?

• Love 1
(edited)
And where's fivehead's other mom?

She died 6-7 days ago in show time, but much like Linda she also did not get a funeral -- but fivehead and Mom #2 have already gotten over it.

Despite all the people who have died, they have only shown one funeral -- the funny part is that the local funeral director/church reverend was already killed by Big Jim.  Who else hasn't gotten a funeral on the show you may ask ?

-- Sheriff Duke Perkins

-- Deputy Linda Esquivel (the magnetism got her)

-- guy flying the plane that crashed in the opening, who was the owner of the local flying club

-- Reverend Coggins (he didn't even get a funeral in his own church)

-- Rose Twichell, owner of the Sweetbriar Rose

-- Alice Calvert (Fivehead's mom)

-- Dodee Weaver (who was killed by Big Jim)

-- Ollie Densmore (the old crank farmer who was hoarding the only working well in town)

-- Maxine Seagrave (Fight club promoter extraordinaire)

-- Maxine Seagrave's mom, Agatha (drowned by Big Jim in the lake)

-- at least 2, if not more guys (Ollie's henchmen and Big Jim recruits) shot dead at the shootout at Ollie's farm

There's probably more, but that's all I could think of -- this show really should have a death pool.

They should be having funerals almost daily in the dome.

Some of the other bizarre forgotten things:

-- DJ Phil's gunshot wound. He was shot his shoulder at the shootout at Ollie's farm and it was in a sling about a week ago (in show time), yet he shows no sign of that injury now as Sheriff.

-- Julia's other injury where Barbie punched a hole in her chest to relieve the pressure from air leaking from a hole in her right lung (a hole that was never really patched by anyone surgically, but something that doesn't normally just fix itself) but she is running around and swimming with no problem.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

-- Sheriff Duke Perkins

-- Deputy Linda Esquivel (the magnetism got her)

-- guy flying the plane that crashed in the opening, who was the owner of the local flying club

-- Reverend Coggins (he didn't even get a funeral in his own church)

-- Rose Twichell, owner of the Sweetbriar Rose

-- Alice Calvert (Fivehead's mom)

-- Dodee Weaver (who was killed by Big Jim)

-- Ollie Densmore (the old crank farmer who was hoarding the only working well in town)

-- Maxine Seagrave (Fight club promoter extraordinaire)

-- Maxine Seagrave's mom, Agatha (drowned by Big Jim in the lake)

-- at least 2, if not more guys (Ollie's henchmen and Big Jim recruits) shot dead at the shootout at Ollie's farm

A whole lot of the dead are women.  Was Brian K. Vaughan's big plan to make the opposite sex version of Y: The Last ManJ: The Last Lady?

• Love 2