Type keyword(s) to search

The Circle - General Discussion

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Sorry, but what's GBBO? 

Great British Bake Off. It's a baking competition show on Netflix in the US. It's utterly charming and delightful. No cash prize so the contestants are a lot less cut throat (well, not cut throat at all really). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Great British Bake Off.

Thanks! I have heard of it but I've watched one episode at most. Since losing my sense of smell a few years ago to a virus (not Covid) I never watch cooking shows. Silly, I suppose, since the viewers can't taste or smell the food. Maybe I just don't want to be reminded 😣

Finally all caught up.  I liked the twist of the influencer had to tell the blocked person face to face.   Mitchell was not a surprise.  It’s funny that they both said their catfish radars were way off lol.  
so I guess Mitchell does not get to do a video message.  

• Love 2
On 4/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, Melina22 said:

Same. I know The Circle isn't a charity, but I'd rather see someone's stepfather get money for his stage 4 kidney disease, than see someone put in a huge underground pool. 

I think he said his step-dad had stage 3 kidney disease.  I have Stage 4, which is "watch your diet and come in for check-ups".  My father-in-law has Stage 5 -- he needs dialysis, but it's done in-home in 2 4 hour batches (one while he sleeps)/  No one with Stage 3 needs $10,000 much less $100,000.  

I hated Courtney -- the epitome of misogynoir -- before the sob story.  Making a fairly easily treated disease sound like a death sentence just made me hate him more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, JH Lipton said:

I think he said his step-dad had stage 3 kidney disease.  I have Stage 4, which is "watch your diet and come in for check-ups".  My father-in-law has Stage 5 -- he needs dialysis,

I didn't even know there were five stages! Maybe I was thinking of cancer? To someone not knowledgeable about kidney disease like me, Courtney made it sound like his stepfather was near death. Your information gives a very different picture. 

• Love 5
(edited)
28 minutes ago, non sequitur said:

Stage 3 kidney disease could potentially stay in stage 3 for years, it depends on what type.  It seems like Courtney did manipulate the situation.  

Especially with the right diet.  I'm watching my potassium and phosphorous and loading upon antioxidants ( tonight's dinner was salmon for Omdega-3 with lemon and garlic).  Good thing I like berries, too.

Edited by JH Lipton
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m super pumped for the finale tomorrow! Who do you guys think will win? I think Lee/River is up there with Chloe a strong possibility as well. 

I think Chole and Lee/River are the front runners but I personally want Trevor.  Or John because Jack/Lisa make me laugh the most.

• Love 4
(edited)

While I understand that “Trevor’s” biggest connection besides Mitchell is Chloe, I still don’t understand why they tried to turn Chloe rather than trying to get “John” in an alliance. It still would have been 3:3, but it certainly would have been easier than their 5-step plan to get Chloe to turn on her best friends—and, regardless, Chloe would still rank “Trevor” high. Frankly, if any of them were smart, they’d realize Chloe is the biggest competition since she’s in everyone’s alliance! Though, I guess if everyone comes back and votes, who knows. Since two of them are still in the game, there’s really not that many people “coming back” now, is there? Oh, well, Mitchell took it in stride and even laughed that Lee made the right decision since he would have ranked him low! Well, Mitchell, you did better than your mom and brother, and redeemed the family image.

I think I’m more drawn to the cliffhanger of the catfish reveals than who wins. Lee will probably win as “River” and blow everyone’s mind—though Lee really is just as sweet as “River.” Chloe is going to be heartbroken about “Trevor”! Everyone is going to flip out when they find out that “John” is really “Emily” and “Lance”...who are really Jack and Lisa! I wasn’t too keen on either of them individually, but they’ve cracked me up since they’ve teamed up! Courtney also keeps me laughing. Chloe is entertaining. “Trevor” and “River” pull on my heartstrings.  I’m not sure who I’m rooting for...but I guess I won’t be disappointed no matter what.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6

No spoilers yet just in case anyone's reading this before watching the finale, but that was so good! The format was much better than season one's; I could have watched them meeting and revealing their secrets and discussing their strategies for twice as long. I was enjoying all of that so much that I actually forgot it was a competition and that I still didn't know who won! 

• Love 7

I was okay with the ending because I didn’t dislike anyone in the finale. I think Lee was my favorite, though. The gameplay really played a role in those final rankings...people like Courtney didn’t rank their favorite as #1 which leads to a person with fewer allies rising to the top. Looks like everyone ranked John low, though. That wasn’t a surprise since that character came in so late.

Savannah and Terilisha were both so salty. I like that everyone else was mellow and having fun.

• Love 7

I was happy but surprised by the winner. Everyone but Chloe and Lee were being strategic and ranking their favorites and/or perceived frontrunners low.

Savannah and Terilisha: Awkward. I watched it play out and still don't understand what Savannah supposedly lied about that set the whole thing off.

Fun season! 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Evie said:

Savannah and Terilisha: Awkward. I watched it play out and still don't understand what Savannah supposedly lied about that set the whole thing off.

Fun season! 

Here’s my take on this: Terilisha, Savannah, Emily/Jack, and Chloe had all agreed to be apart of this #GirlGang. When Teriisha and Savannah were influencers together, they each had the opportunity to save someone before deciding who to block. Terilisha saved Emily/Jack. Savannah chose to save Trevor, who was not in #GirlGang, over Chloe, who was in #GirlGang. They had all agreed to look out for each other, and it seems that Terilisha felt  Savannah lied about looking out for the other members of the #GirlGang. Then, Savannah started doubting (in the influencer chat with Terilisha) whether Chloe would save her in the future if the tables were turned, which seemed to further reaffirm Terilisha’s belief that Savannah is not really with the #GirlGang.

I thought Savannah’s logic made sense because since her and Terilisha were influencers, Chloe was safe regardless because they weren’t gonna block her later so therefore Savannah didn’t need to save Chloe over Trevor. Savannah thought it would have given away that they were all in an alliance. Savannah’s logic was sound and her strategy was good. To me, the problem starts because Savannah didn’t tell that to Terilisha (or her other alliance members) when she had the chance. Savannah should have told Terilisha that she saved Trevor over Chloe because she didn’t want to give a hint that there was an alliance. Savannah didn’t have to tell Terilisha that she was also trying to get Trevor on her side. Savannah just needed to justify to Terilisha and her alliance why she didn’t pick Chloe to be safe. Terilisha got suspicious and didn’t trust Savannah from that point on.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Michichick said:

Savannah and Terilisha were both so salty. I like that everyone else was mellow and having fun.

Wow, yes. Talk about bad energy! 

Otherwise though, I really enjoyed the finale. I wanted the winner to win. 

My favourite part is always the dinner where they finally meet each other, and this didn't disappoint. It wasn't quite up to The Circle France finale's level of shock and hilarity, but it was still really fun. 

I love it when the players meet each other and quickly laugh and forgive the catfish. Thank goodness none of the finalists carried a grudge like Teralisa and Savannah. That's no fun at all. 

Trevor's dress in the finale was gorgeous, but ouch! She's going to have red marks for days. 

• Love 6

Enjoyed this finale much better than the last one.  The energy the players have together is more fun to watch than one on one interviews.  

I am disappointed in the winner.  I thought Trevor was an OK player, doing fine to get by but not making any winner moves.  When the finalists vote in a way to lift the bottom players and lower the top players everyone is forced to the middle and it becomes a de facto lottery winner.  Winning by the luck of the draw is such an anticlimactic end to the season.

• Love 6

I didn't realize how badly I wanted Trevor to win until his pic came up in 1st. I absolutely think Deleesa deserved it for playing an excellent catfish game. She totally pulled off a convincing guy, had a notebook of cheats she might need for sports knowledge etc, and got along with all of the other players despite not being in the Cardashian alliance. I also just think that the money will be better spent by her for her family than it would be by someone like Lee who doesn't really need it or Chloe who can probably make a decent bit of cash off her fame from two shows at this point.

Was anyone else watching Chloe and Mitchell hit it off in the background while Deleesa was calling Trevor? I'm rooting for those two!

Great finale overall, I love the face-to-face dinner and everybody seemed happy to see each other, catfish and all. Definitely a better format than season 1.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

My favourite part is always the dinner where they finally meet each other

Did you watch the CircleUK season that just ended? There was a similar situation (to Chloe and Trevor) and I thought that final meet-up was a real blast. This CircleUS finale fell short for me but I think it's just me, not anything the show did or didn't do. Maybe I just reached a saturation level.

In the end I really liked it. I'm glad Trevor won. That money will help give their little girl a boost and I thought Deleesa did a great job. She came prepared and I appreciate that. I'd also have been entirely happy with a Chloe win. She really won me over these last few weeks.

OK now what's next up?

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, jade.black said:

Was anyone else watching Chloe and Mitchell hit it off in the background while Deleesa was calling Trevor? I'm rooting for those two!

Yes!!! Knowing Chloe, she's now convinced he's her soulmate. And who knows? Maybe he is! We know he's not a player, according to him at least. 

16 minutes ago, jade.black said:

I also just think that the money will be better spent by her for her family than it would be by someone like Lee who doesn't really need it or Chloe who can probably make a decent bit of cash off her fame from two shows at this point.

This is exactly what I was thinking. 

15 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

Did you watch the CircleUK season that just ended?

I tried to but I can't find it anywhere. Youtube seems to only have clips. 

16 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

OK now what's next up?

I'm watching the BBCan finale this week then I'm out of all my usual reality shows. Help! 

• Love 3

I said I would be OK with anyone winning and I am fine with Trevor/Deleesa winning but I really wanted it to be Lee/River or Chloe. I like that they both played fantastic games but then used the final rankings to actually rank the players how they wanted and not as a strategy to win. Oh well!

I will be shocked if Chloe and Mitchell aren’t dating now lol.

Next week, that After Party show is doing an ep for The Circle so we’re not done just yet!

• Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I said I would be OK with anyone winning and I am fine with Trevor/Deleesa winning but I really wanted it to be Lee/River or Chloe. I like that they both played fantastic games but then used the final rankings to actually rank the players how they wanted and not as a strategy to win. Oh well!

I will be shocked if Chloe and Mitchell aren’t dating now lol.

Next week, that After Party show is doing an ep for The Circle so we’re not done just yet!

I like everybody that was left. Specifically, I thought Courtney, Lee/River, and Trevor/Deleesa played good games. I love Chloe's personality. It's infectious.

I was shocked to see Chloe and Trevor/Deleesa as the top two. I wouldn't have guessed anyone of them as a top two, and because of that, I was happy. I always like a surprise in these reality shows.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 4

I was annoyed by Trevor/Deleesa acting so affronted about River/Lee and Courtney playing the game. She was no more honest than they were (and at least neither of them were flirting with someone) so she can get off her high horse lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

So I got into the circle late and ended up binging season 1 and the French season in the last two weeks while waiting for new episodes to drop. I enjoyed both quite a bit. I was actually surprised with season 1 because I hated jersey shore bro at first but he grew on me. He seemed very sincere and happy he won. 

The French season is the best. Plenty of energy, good scheming and strategies but in the end people were kind and impressed by the catfish. 

This season is my least favorite mostly because of Chloe and Courtney. Both were too over the top and obnoxious in their rooms. Courtney acted like he was Oprah for every piece of commentary. And I can't stand Chloe's Essex accent especially with her screaming. She did calm down a bit by the end. The rest of the players were pretty good. Of course my least favorite were in the top 3 but I'm good with 'Trevor' winning. 

There is so much you could talk about this show. One thing that stood out the most and it happened on multiple seasons is the good looking woman/model doesn't want to judged on her looks or profession. Then immediately makes everything about her looks and profession. They tended to be the ones booted early and usually were not happy about it. After those are gone the rest seemed in better spirits when meeting other players and catfish. 

I like that the show mixes things up, getting twins, bringing people back, secret influences. Makes for a good time. 

I'm waiting for a very attractive woman to come on as a very generic or unattractive woman. See if personality rules over looks as some had said while falling back on their looks. 

Overall the best moments continue to be the catfish reveals. Second being the games that start some drama or allow anonymity. The recent make-up challenge being hilarious. 

I wonder if we'll ever get twins as a player in the circle but being played by a single person. So many scenarios this show could do. 

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, Michichick said:

I like that Terilisha never feels the need to go back and forth with Savannah. I’ve watch a couple of YouTube videos of Savannah and Terilisha talking to each other explaining their point of view and their own separate videos. Savannah is a little extra when she’s trying to get her point across. In the moments where they interact with each other, Savannah interjects or does a head nod expressing her disagreement and Terilisha’s just like “ok… 🙂

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

I'm waiting for a very attractive woman to come on as a very generic or unattractive woman. See if personality rules over looks as some had said while falling back on their looks. 

That would be so interesting! I'd love to see it. 

• Love 1

The meet-up dinner was so much fun! Everyone had good energy and a positive reaction—even when admitting things about trying to undermine each other. They all came off as genuinely good people. I was worried that Chloe was going to be heartbroken about “Trevor,” but she seemed to take it in stride and said she knew it was a risk he was a catfish. But I guess her 🌶️  dress didn’t go to waste after all, since she and Mitchell seemed to zero in that now that Mitchell is no longer breaking bro code, the flirting is back on!

I was shocked that “Trevor” won! Delessa  played a good game, so I think it was a well-deserved win, but she went in there with ONLY Chloe as an ally. So it goes to show that the others were really “playing the game” and voting their friends lower to give themselves a better chance. I actually thought John might slip in there for that exact reason, but I guess they thought of Trevor as the lesser threat—and ended up handing him (her!) the $100,000. That was sweet when Delessa was telling the real Trevor—happy for their family. I thought Chloe’s eyes were going to pop out of her head when she saw the real Trevor on the tablet, but then she probably quickly remembered that although she liked Trevor’s picture, she fell for Deleesa’s personality—but the real Mitchell was right there!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I read an article title on Vulture about how the catfish won this morning so I thought for sure it was River since he was the super influencer last episode.  I spent the whole day thinking I was spoiled.  Imagine my surprise and delight now!! I liked them all but was rooting for Trevor.  I absolutely love this silly show!

• Love 6
(edited)

Very silly show, but fun. I actually end up forwarding through quite a bit of the episodes. I probably watched about 30% of this one. I'm happy with the winner - I think she played it super well, and was probably the hardest catfish to nail.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Savannah is a little extra when she’s trying to get her point across. 

Ugh, I was pretty much over her when she got booted, but hoped to see her come across as more intelligent by the reunion. Instead she gets her last word in (forget what exactly it was) then takes a sip of her champagne in a "ha, I won" kind of way and looked like a total moron. 

Terilisha on the other hand seemed to just be glad the conversation was over. lol 

I really wanted River or Chloe to win. I didn't want Courtney or "John" to win. So I guess I'm fine with Trevor's win. I think Delessa played a good game and managed to fly under the radar for the most part. I was also chuffed to see the "love birds" as the top two, and I love that the two seem to have a genuine affection for each other even if one of them isn't a hot guy anymore. HAHA

One of the things I really enjoy about this weird little show, is how, even though half of them are basically lying to the other half, in the end they all accept it's part of the game and there really seem to be no hard feelings (well, Savannah still seems a bit bitter) and they seem to just enjoy the overall experience. 

• Love 8

I know it's weird, but I'd love it if Delessa named her daughter Chloe! I am happy she got her house though. I love how close they all are, and of course Lee is the glue. Lee has such an amazingly loving spirit. 

I'll be curious to see what Chloe is going to be in next. I would LOVE it to be Killer Camp. It's this crazy weird realty show set at a summer camp where the contestants get "killed off" one by one. Bachelorette UK? 

I know Mitchell is a hottie, but that Brent (Imak or whatever he's calling himself now) isn't too bad to look at either. I think the shaved head brings out his features. (sorry, I'm shallow). 

I did think it was funny how they referred to Delessa as the most successful catfish in The Circle US history. You meant, the two seasons? That's not much of a history. lol 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I'll be curious to see what Chloe is going to be in next. I would LOVE it to be Killer Camp. It's this crazy weird realty show set at a summer camp where the contestants get "killed off" one by one. Bachelorette UK? 

Oh, I'd love for her to be on Killer Camp. Her energy would work there. I could definitely see her doing The Bachelorette, too.

• Love 2

Netflix After Party with the Circle cast is now available, as mentioned here in an earlier post. It was funny and entertaining. Nice to see that most of them are still friends. 

It's weird how much more I like Lisa now, after seeing her with Jack. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Seeing Savannah and Terilisha going back and forth at the finale made me very grateful that they took each other out of the game early. They both were putting out some alpha girl energy that would have been a lot to put up with for 13 episodes.

Though I wanted Chloe to win, I thought Trevor/Deleesa played the game well, and I'm fine with her making it all the way.  I wish the Volleyball player hadn't shot herself in the foot by expressing her doubts to the wrong people. She was smart and onto who all the catfish were and who the Joker was well before anyone else. And she didn't say anything to throw shade on Trevor in her outgoing message - which shows she's a good sport. I definitely would have preferred to see her in the finale over the wiley Courtney, who surprisingly, didn't face much blowback for what he did as the Joker.

It was a fun season. I liked it perhaps more than the first. 

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 5
(edited)

Just finished binge watching Season 2 of the Circle U.S.   I thought for sure that Chloe had the win in the bag since she seemed to be very well liked.    But I'm definitely happy for Deleesa and while $100K isn't enough to pay for a good house (especially after taxes and of course depending on location), I'm sure what was left after taxes were taken helped secure a decent down payment on a home.  Kudos to her for being the first "Catfish" to win the game.

I watched the Circle France and was amazed how the final winner was almost similar to the final winner in the Circle US Season 1.

Edited by Meedis
add'l point
  • Love 4
On 5/5/2021 at 8:21 AM, Booger666 said:

I am disappointed in the winner.  I thought Trevor was an OK player, doing fine to get by but not making any winner moves.  When the finalists vote in a way to lift the bottom players and lower the top players everyone is forced to the middle and it becomes a de facto lottery winner.  Winning by the luck of the draw is such an anticlimactic end to the season.

I just binged both seasons this last week, and I have to say, although in the minority, I was bummed that Trevor won too. Not because she was undeserving, but because it was by default with strategic players rating him high because they didn't think Trevor was a threat. I don't think for one minute that Trevor was the most popular player. Chloe should have won.

Lee/River said he was being strategic when he blocked Mitchell, but really, the strategic move should have been blocking Trevor or Chloe. I think when it comes down to it, neither of these US seasons has seen someone make a totally cutthroat move, and they always save the OG players over a newer one. I think moving forward, the show needs to address this somehow.

Another unpopular opinion, but I liked Courtney. I think he was playing a game from start to finish. And he's been the most strategic. I think what he did with the Joker was pretty smart.

• Like 1
  • Love 6