Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Bones to Pick

wknt3
  • Start Topic

After a woman is found dead at a men's-only club, Danny and Baez investigate if her death was an accident or the result of foul play. Also, Frank hears about an alleged affair between the chief of Internal Affairs and the spouse of another member of law enforcement, and Jamie and Eddie argue about gender politics in the Reagan family.

So what was the theme of tonight's episode? "All the Reagan men are sexist jerks"?

Jamie doesn't like that his wife gave him a list of things to do? It's called marriage, you idiot. In fact, it's called "relationships of any kind". They've been together two years and this is the first time she's ever asked him to do things? And he's so pissed off that he passive-aggressively "forgets" to do it?

And let's turn Baez into a Straw Feminist so that Danny's patronizing attitude looks right. But here comes Beaz' female intuition to prove that the club members were lying, when any idiot could see that.

• Love 5

Jamie doesn't like that his wife gave him a list of things to do? It's called marriage, you idiot. In fact, it's called "relationships of any kind". They've been together two years and this is the first time she's ever asked him to do things? And he's so pissed off that he passive-aggressively "forgets" to do it?

Interesting. I didn't see it that way at all. Jamie was very tired, so it's easy to understand that he could've forgotten the list after a long night's sleep and a run. He didn't strike me as perturbed because Eddie gave him a "Honey Do" list, just a little startled that she'd given him one. I thought it was Eddie who absurdly overreacted to his calling it a "Honey Do" list. She'd never heard the terminology before and instantly takes offense. Her behavior was odd; I thought they were going to spring on us that it was a hormonal issue (as in pregnancy). I was as confused as Jamie.

I'm pretty tired of the Three Stooges. There's the analytic one, the hard-headed one, and the one with the icy stare.

Frank's rolling down the tinted window, wearing the dark shades, and never making eye contact during the talk that never happened was laughable.

I thought it was comical, Erin smacking Anthony around as he lay in bed. They've never seemed more related. 

• Love 9

Anybody else try to pause the screen on Jaime's list so they could see what was "illegal in some states, but not New York"? I tried, but it was too blurry for me to read. I need to get one of those fancy CSI computers that allow you to read a license plate from a shaky cellphone photo taken a mile away. I see them so often on these cop shows that I am sure they exist.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mojito said:

I thought it was Eddie who absurdly overreacted to his calling it a "Honey Do" list. She'd never heard the terminology before and instantly takes offense. Her behavior was odd

I said during that scene, "because I don't hate her enough already."  Besides, who's never heard of a "honey do list"?  🙄

Baez getting all offended because some guys have a private men's only club was ridiculous, too.  What does she think Fraternities and Sororities are?  🙄

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Baez getting all offended because some guys have a private men's only club was ridiculous, too.  What does she think Fraternities and Sororities are?  🙄

I thought her attitude was ridiculous also.  

Why was Anthony in the hospital?

1 hour ago, Shellie said:
2 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

I thought her attitude was ridiculous also.

Churches have separate ministries and groups specific to ladies, men - and teens.  Nightclubs have 'ladies night' (though some may admit men, only ladies get reduced charges on drinks)  And, yeah, there are still ol' boy's clubs around.  As a woman, I'm not offended nor could I care less.  I don't find it sexist in the least.  Guys need a place to gather - so do I us ladies sans our menfolk. 

As for Eddie's behavior - she can have a big dish of STFU. Spare me her own women's lib crap.  Really - is she that young (or am I that old?) that she never heard of a 'honey-do' list which is all in nothing but innocent humor and not some way to degrade her as some nagging wife?  And to assume Jamie forgot to tackle the list as some passive aggressive way to avoid being 'told what to do by a woman'?  For real, Eddie?  Maybe the guy was just bone tired from his shift, went home, slept for 10 hours and just plain forgot after he got up.  Unless something on that list was an urgent matter, could it not have waited?

Can I just say that the actress playing Colleen was atrocious?

• Love 2

If Baez wants to be taken seriously she needs to stop calling adult women girls. It was a men’s club that excluded women.  A concept I also don’t find offensive as others have stated. Oh and St. Francis was wrong. While I don’t see why the commissioners office should care about someone’s affair it is apparently a rule. It shouldn’t matter if exposing it would hurt someone  or some organization that is important that’s why churches hid things for years. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

He was shot by the bad guy he was trying to catch. He had his vest on so not much damage to him.

I had gotten the impression he didn't have a gunshot wound because of the vest?

It was weird that Anthony was in the hospital in a gown eating hospital food etc. Since the vest caught the bullets, it sure seemed odd to me. But, we had to get worried & see Erin smack him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Getting shot while wearing a bullet proof vest does not mean there is no consequences.  While the Kevlar prevents the bullet from reaching the weather, there's still a tremendous amount of force which can cause serious bruising and other issues depending on where the bullet hits.  He would have been extremely sorry at best and was probably being held overnight for observation.  

The whole Regan's are good at being single was so stupid.  Other than Erin they're all widowers.  They may have adjusted to being single but that doesn't mean they wouldn't rather have their wives back.  

• Love 6

That was just...bad.  As a staunch defender of the show as I know people within the cast and crew, I watched this and was flabbergasted.  

Baez was getting REALLY bent out of shape being it a men's only club.  What about women's only gyms? Or ladies' night at clubs and restaurants?  I know in the Me Too area, we are more sensitive to some issues more (with good reason) but this was like 'Girl, he's allowed to go to the club to hang with other men and wanting to deal with women for a few hours.'

Then Eddie's behaviour throughout was insulting to pretty much the rest of the family.  "They were married--" "Like a hundred years ago!" I don't think Danny was really planning to becoming a widower before 50 because his wife was killed due to gang retaliation. And that was (carry the one...) 2.5 years ago. 

The only part I really enjoyed was Erin was slapping Anthony in the hospital.  I said to myself "If they become some weird romantic pairing, I would be entertained." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, mojito said:

Jamie was very tired, so it's easy to understand that he could've forgotten the list after a long night's sleep and a run. He didn't strike me as perturbed because Eddie gave him a "Honey Do" list, just a little startled that she'd given him one. I thought it was Eddie who absurdly overreacted to his calling it a "Honey Do" list. She'd never heard the terminology before and instantly takes offense.

7 hours ago, ctlady said:

Spare me her own women's lib crap.  Really - is she that young (or am I that old?) that she never heard of a 'honey-do' list which is all in nothing but innocent humor and not some way to degrade her as some nagging wife?  And to assume Jamie forgot to tackle the list as some passive aggressive way to avoid being 'told what to do by a woman'?  For real, Eddie?  Maybe the guy was just bone tired from his shift, went home, slept for 10 hours and just plain forgot after he got up.  Unless something on that list was an urgent matter, could it not have waited?

I agree. He seemed midly amused by the list, not offended. The way Eddie overreacted made me sure there was a story behind it, maybe something from her parent's marriage that caused her to have such a strong negative reaction, but I was wrong. 

11 hours ago, Rambler said:

I need to get one of those fancy CSI computers that allow you to read a license plate from a shaky cellphone photo taken a mile away. I see them so often on these cop shows that I am sure they exist.

Fun slightly Off-Topic fact: To the best of my knowledge the mythical zoom and enhance button originated in 1980s action/adventure series and still just as fictional as it was when MacGyver was using it.  

2 hours ago, jabRI said:

And Eddie's response of 'you Reagans are just too good at being alone' was out of left field.  Writing this season is horrible, they are all just calling it in

I was going to post almost the exact thing. The writing has gone so far downhill it's mind boggling. I thought for sure they were setting up a larger issue in the marriage that would require drinks with Anthony the Reagan whisperer. I was wrong. 

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

The whole Regan's are good at being single was so stupid.  Other than Erin they're all widowers.  They may have adjusted to being single but that doesn't mean they wouldn't rather have their wives back.  

Yes! It's like she's ignoring the decades of reasonably happy marriages the men had. Obviously no marriage is perfect and there were probably issues, but aside from Erin they were able to work through the issues. One divorce in the family isn't a horrible track record. 

Having 4 storylines each episode is one of the worst things to happen to this series. There is always at least one storyline that feels rushed or underdeveloped. Personally, I would have loved to see more of Sid and Abigail in the car talking about thier careers, like the differences in advice each was given when they starting out thier careers.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mtlchick said:

The only part I really enjoyed was Erin was slapping Anthony in the hospital.  I said to myself "If they become some weird romantic pairing, I would be entertained." 

Hmmmm.... Erin the dominatrix, all decked out in black leather, six-inch hooker-heeled, thigh-high boots, holding a loooong-ass whip, standing over Anthony, stripped down to his undies, kneeling before her, begging to be punished. Such a baaaaad boy.  

I'd watch that show.

Edited by Ebau
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I think the only reason they haven't is the age and looks discrepancy, not that that's ever stopped TV writers before.

That said, I appreciate The Not Love Interest trope. It's nice to see a man and woman interacting with zero Will They Or Won't They tension, especially since it's standard procedure for most TV shows.

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Baez was getting REALLY bent out of shape being it a men's only club

Especially in New York City. Has she never heard of this before? I hated how they had to turn her into some Straw Feminist. It's not like the guys were being rude to her and telling her she wasn't allowed on the premises.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ebau said:

Hmmmm.... Erin the dominatrix, all decked out in black leather, six-inch hooker-heeled, thigh-high boots, holding a loooong-ass whip, standing over Anthony, stripped down to his undies, kneeling before her, begging to be punished. Such a baaaaad boy.  

I'd watch that show.

I can't decide if this is brilliant, or wrong on so many levels. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Interesting episode.

Finally Frank who is always so rigid with everything black and white sees an issue that is gray.

Danny's attitude sucks. His haircut is stupid and he needs to shave. Must be part of his music world.

Erin is still a bitch.

Jamie won't be married long with that attitude but then again he's a Regan male so it's to be expected.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Then Eddie's behaviour throughout was insulting to pretty much the rest of the family.  "They were married--" "Like a hundred years ago!" I don't think Danny was really planning to becoming a widower before 50 because his wife was killed due to gang retaliation. And that was (carry the one...) 2.5 years ago. 

That comment really got me too, particularly in regard to Danny.  We were able to see Danny with his wife all those years and how utterly lost he was when she was no longer there.  He said something to the effect of how he can't do this without his wife.  

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, mtlchick said:

That was just...bad.  As a staunch defender of the show as I know people within the cast and crew, I watched this and was flabbergasted.  

Baez was getting REALLY bent out of shape being it a men's only club.  What about women's only gyms? Or ladies' night at clubs and restaurants?  I know in the Me Too area, we are more sensitive to some issues more (with good reason) but this was like 'Girl, he's allowed to go to the club to hang with other men and wanting to deal with women for a few hours.'

What I wanted to say, but you said it better.  WTF frick was this episode? I zoned in and out.  And what the hell was that dinner scene?

7 hours ago, Goodnight said:

Geez, Eddie. You’re newlyweds. Quit looking for trouble. 

This episode was drowning in Christmas decorations but all the lawns and trees were green. Did they film this in July?

Late October/early November.

The issue that many people have with "men only" clubs is that they are a place where deals are made and power is doled out, where women don't have a chance to be a part of it.

It's not like a gym...it's like an all-male army (which we no longer have); all-male Ivy league schools (which we no longer have); and all-male golf clubs (of which there are still a lot.) 

The members were very hyped up on how the club was HUNDREDS of years old, and Presidents had belonged to it. And presumably many historic/momentous/financial decisions were made. And scandals covered up, et al.

it's about privilege, which I'm sure Baez has seen a lot of paraded in front of her (particularly being partnered with a Reagan brother, who still consider calling someone a "girl" to be an insult.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

While I think Eddie was a bit over the top, I took it more as being frustrated and stressed that she and Jamie are spending very little time together and she misses him and she’s having a meltdown. After years of riding together and spending time together off duty, now they’re married and working different shifts and she’s feeling like they’re turning into ships that pass in the the night. Whether or not that was the intention behind the writing, that’s how I felt while watching it, and I’m perfectly happy with that. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, jaimesommers said:

While I think Eddie was a bit over the top, I took it more as being frustrated and stressed that she and Jamie are spending very little time together and she misses him and she’s having a meltdown. After years of riding together and spending time together off duty, now they’re married and working different shifts and she’s feeling like they’re turning into ships that pass in the the night. Whether or not that was the intention behind the writing, that’s how I felt while watching it, and I’m perfectly happy with that. 

That's where I thought the episode was going. I was sure it was going to end with Eddie requesting a transfer so she could be on day shift at another precinct, so she and Jamie could spend more time together. Eddie thought she wanted them to be at the same place, but people sometimes make mistakes, or what you thought you wanted didn't work out as well as you hoped it would. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

While I think Eddie was a bit over the top, I took it more as being frustrated and stressed that she and Jamie are spending very little time together and she misses him and she’s having a meltdown

As if she didn't know it was going to be like this?  You work nights.  Your husband works days.  You're coming home as he's leaving.  What did she think it was going to be?  She wants to be in the same precinct, but not work the same shift so they don't get aggots from co-workers, but...."waaaaah, I don't get to see you other than when I'm arriving as you're leaving and shove you a 'to do' list or at a quickie brunch where I start an argument because you purposefully didn't do any of the items on your sarcastically named 'honey-do' list because you don't like taking orders from a woman'

Really, Eddie - spare me.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, JayDub said:

Erin is still a bitch.

I must be the only one who doesn't feel this way, not to mention having to be saddled with that sexist label because she does her job - which is follow the law, as unfair as it can most times be.  If anything, why isn't Anthony called out for stalking that guy (deservedly or not) or Jamie when he tries to uphold rules and regs as a sergeant?  How come they're not called hard-nosed jerks (or worse)?  Again, I may be the only one, but I personally do not like Anthony.  He takes things too personal sometimes and too far.  In the past he has picked fights with Erin and had always walked out or threatened to quit when he didn't get his way.  I loathed that about his character and still am not warm to him

• Like 1
On 12/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, Magnumfangirl said:

I said during that scene, "because I don't hate her enough already."  Besides, who's never heard of a "honey do list"?  🙄

I agree!