Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Kiss

• Start Topic

In the aftermath of Delilah and Eddie's revelation about their affair, Sophie continues to rebel against her mother. Maggie, Gary and the gang gather for the opening night of Danny's play. Rome and Regina take steps toward adopting a baby.

Airing Thursday, January 23, 2019.

Well, no surprises. I called the "no scar" moment, that wasn't a shocker and I enjoyed seeing Sophie rant, someone should but it seems she is doing it for everyone. She does need therapy. Her mom did ignore Jon's signs, he withdrew, she went to Eddie. The what if's are hard and talking to someone outside the family really is the best. (NOT Maggie)

I don't like he Maggie/Gary duo at all, never did. The drama, the Jr High antics, it's always over the top emotional stuff. Eric just makes it worse.

Kathrine was good and Eddie and I'm glad they are being honest. I hope Rome and Gina find a good place for them although the "no baby" to baby was a little bit of a let down. I see a lot of This is Us in this storyline but more education on depression is always needed if done well.

I want the Jon flashbacks Nash mentioned, I miss him and that story. Can't say I'm overly interested in the present ones but things will evolve as time goes on.

• Love 9

Excited to have this show back!

First, I love Katherine's clothes. The blouse she wore in the first half of the show was gorgeous. I didn't like her dress as much but it suited her very well. 

Poor Sophie. She needs a healthy outlet for her anger, and she's not going to get it in this insulated little group of friends.

Is Gary really all that different from before, outside of ranting at cars at crosswalks? I thought the friends were all used to his promiscuity before Maggie showed up. 

There was a scene where Delilah put her hands on Regina's shoulders, and I thought Regina was going to pull them off and tell her to stop touching her.

So, I haven't been 12 in a while. Is Grease really an appropriate middle school play?

• Love 8

I was shocked with the no scar revelation.  Where is this going?

I like Delilah.

I have never enjoyed Maggie and Gary as a couple.

I am fond of Danny but not sure how I feel about the middle schooler being the show’s voice of reason.  (Could be because I just watched the latest episode of Manifest right before seeing tonight’s Million.  Same thing is happening on that show.) 

Sad for Sophie.

Love Eddies son.  Good little actor.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 6

I twigged the no scar thing but only because they spent so much time talking about scars at the start of the episode.   

I didn't love Maggie and Gary as a couple but if them being a couple means less of them individually?  I am here for that.

Eddie and Katherine were good with Theo.  I liked that.   And I'll be interested in Eddie's sister turning up at some point.

• Love 6

So, the theories about Eric not getting Chad's heart ARE true. And, I have a feeling exactly how this happened...although, really, we should be asking how Maggie's mom even GOT Eric's information in the first place. How can she get that information...and also have it be completely wrong? Now, Eric really shouldn't have led them on, but it's hard to completely blame the guy either. 

It's a shitty situation on all ends.

I was cheering for Sophie the entire time. Usually, I'd be annoyed and upset to see bratty teenagers fill up my screen for an entire episode. But since she was pissy at Delilah, I was all for it. She has a real reason to be pissed, and I'm glad that Delilah's temper tantrum ("HOW CAN SHE STILL BE MAD AT ME? IT'S BEEN MONTHS!") didn't sway Sophie at all. 

She definitely needs to find an outlet to let out all of her anger. She really does need a bit of a break. I don't think staying with Regina is going to help since Regina and Rome are two of the ones that handwaved Delilah's affair away within a week. 

Eddie and Katherine's stuff was excellent. FINALLY, we are going to see David Giuntoli get an actual plot of his own! I've been waiting for the other alcoholic shoe to drop and I guess bringing in Eddie's sister is the perfect way to do so. It's an arc all about Eddie, and that excites me, even though it's clearly not going to go well for Eddie and his sobriety. 

Plus, the scene where Eddie was telling Theo about his alcoholism was well done. Not sure if it's the right age to be telling Theo all of this, but I guess he's old enough? What do I know? I don't have kids.

The Danny stuff? Cute, but I couldn't really care less.

Gary's an asshole. He's angry, ok, but....seriously, dude, get over yourself. I can't really feel bad for him when he gets a gun pulled out on him. I'm glad he didn't get shot, don't get me wrong, but that's what happens when you take out your anger on the wrong people.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, kazza said:

So, I haven't been 12 in a while. Is Grease really an appropriate middle school play?

When I was 10 my summer camp did a few numbers from Grease in our end of summer show. Not the whole play, but I will still say yes, it is appropriate enough. They probably made some edits to clean it up for 12-year-olds. Especially if the only kissing scene was the final number.

I really thought something bad was going to happen to Danny during the play and he was going to embarrass himself. So I am glad I was wrong. The girl playing Sandy seemed pretty good too.

I was really surprised about the no scar. I am interested where this is going, because I have no idea.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

When I was 10 my summer camp did a few numbers from Grease in our end of summer show. Not the whole play, but I will still say yes, it is appropriate enough. They probably made some edits to clean it up for 12-year-olds. Especially if the only kissing scene was the final number.

I really thought something bad was going to happen to Danny during the play and he was going to embarrass himself. So I am glad I was wrong. The girl playing Sandy seemed pretty good too.

I was really surprised about the no scar. I am interested where this is going, because I have no idea.

I thought the same, re Danny, but what I thought was too embarrassing, the guys kissing and a lot of people seeing them.

I never had a good feeling about Eric, he seemed too healthy and shady. I also figured this is a "soap" something Nash loves so he'd do that. If it was a plot of This is Us, it would be real. I was actually thinking while watching Gary spiral, where is Colin? Why didn't he give that dog back? They never show him walking him or talking about him even without him being there. He's like the forgotten baby, shows up for a cameo now and then.  I dislike how bad the writing has gotten for Gary and Maggie and Danny counseling him? Please.

I do like Eddie talking about his alcoholism, it's a real thing, same as any disease but not dwelling on it. I'm glad he said it's always part of me but he'd always be conscious of it.

With real organ donations, there is usually a one year waiting period before they share info and only if the family wants to reach out to the recipient. Unless the writing is really bad, I'm thinking the Mom went about it herself or knows but that would make me just FF through their parts, just too bizarre. So maybe both duped.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, debraran said:

With real organ donations, there is usually a one year waiting period before they share info and only if the family wants to reach out to the recipient. Unless the writing is really bad, I'm thinking the Mom went about it herself or knows but that would make me just FF through their parts, just too bizarre. So maybe both duped.

The only theory I have is that Eric's fiancee actually got the heart. If they were living together when she died, perhaps whatever info Maggie's mom got didn't disclose the name of the recipient, only the address (which is dumb, but I don't know how this type of thing works). Maybe his fiancee got the heart after their crash but it failed and then she died. That would certainly make it hard for Eric to talk about, and I could have some empathy for him. I'm waiting to hear his side of the story.

Now, he's still wrong for deceiving Maggie and her mom for so long....but it's Jason Ritter, man! How can you hate that face? That, and at least Eric seems to look guilty about lying. And, on a scale of awfulness, this is on par with Delilah/Eddie cheating, and look at how people took that. Only Sophie is rightfully angry! And Katherine was for a while before she decided to move forward. 

Am I a hypocrite? Absolutely. I'd love to see Jason Ritter stick around. He's super charming, but they definitely gave him the wrong plot to get people to root for him. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

There is a school version of the Grease script; it does not include Rizzo's pregnancy or the song "There Are Worse Things I Could Do," for instance, and they changed the lyrics in several other songs. Also omits references to smoking and things like that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Are we forgetting about PJ now or is that just on hold? Assuming that wasn't part of the little discussion about Delilah's family learning the truth. That might bring Saint Jon down a peg in Sophie's eyes. Not that Delilah doesn't deserve everything she's getting but holding Jon up like this paragon of virtue is completely unrealistic. 

• Love 9

It made me so sad and mad to see Katherine apologize to Delilah because Sophie is mad at her. That is not in any way Katherine's fault. Delilah is  the one who cheated, not Katherine. I can't believe the show is still trying to make Delilah the victim in all this.

Danny's middle school is a lot fancier than mine was. Assigned seats for an eighth grade play? Ours was general admission so if you wanted a specific seat, you had to get there early.

LOL at Eddie saying that something feels different this time about his sister reaching out. She has said literally nothing to him. She sent a box of baby gifts. How does that feel different than the lat time she ordered a bunch of presents for Theo on amazon?

Watching Eddie talk to Theo honestly about being an alcoholic reminded me that he's a decent actor who's capable of much more than he's usually given. He spent the entire run of Grimm mostly looking stressed. Sometimes I randomly remember that this is the guy who was on Road Rules and it cracks me up to see how far he's come.

10 hours ago, kazza said:

T

36 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

There is a school version of the Grease script; it does not include Rizzo's pregnancy or the song "There Are Worse Things I Could Do," for instance, and they changed the lyrics in several other songs. Also omits references to smoking and things like that.

There are actually several different versions of Grease that can be licensed for school performances. First there is the original musical version (which is much raunchier) versus the version that includes songs from the movie version. Then there are middle school and high school versions with different levels of changes. One of the most common changes is the lyrics in Greased Lightning (because most parents don't want their 12 year olds singing about getting tit in a pussy wagon). The more sanitized versions also eliminate the alma mater parody which mentions VD.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

LOL at Eddie saying that something feels different this time about his sister reaching out. She has said literally nothing to him. She sent a box of baby gifts. How does that feel different than the lat time she ordered a bunch of presents for Theo on amazon?

I think it's because this is the first time she's sending ANYTHING to Eddie and his family. She clearly knows where he lives, and she never took the steps to come visit or meet Theo. But now she's reaching out? Why? Granted, I think Eddie is an idiot if he completely trusts her when she shows up. 

I bet Katherine's right to be wary of letting her back into their lives. If she's an alcoholic, she'll enable Eddie. I called it last season that we're heading toward a relapse storyline and I wasn't sure how it would come to be...it looks like his sister may be the catalyst. Either way, Eddie shouldn't be so sure that this time is different. Hopefully, he takes it really slow. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think it's because this is the first time she's sending ANYTHING to Eddie and his family. She clearly knows where he lives, and she never took the steps to come visit or meet Theo. But now she's reaching out?

But he said "this time feels different" which seems to indicate that she has reached out before. Based on Katherine's reaction, I'm guessing that when Eddie got sober they told Lindsey that she wasn't welcome to come around and that's why she sends presents instead of visiting. Theo already knew who she was so I'm guessing she is one of those relatives who sends stuff (which makes Theo aware of her existence).

• Love 2
Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But he said "this time feels different" which seems to indicate that she has reached out before. Based on Katherine's reaction, I'm guessing that when Eddie got sober they told Lindsey that she wasn't welcome to come around and that's why she sends presents instead of visiting. Theo already knew who she was so I'm guessing she is one of those relatives who sends stuff (which makes Theo aware of her existence).

It's definitely an odd situation. I do think that Lindsay was, first, banned from their home to protect Theo, but also Eddie's sobriety. And obviously Eddie has been in contact with her mildly, because he sent her the birth announcement (I guess she could have learned his address from that). But Theo also makes a point in saying that he never met his aunt, indicating that in the ten years, either she never actually dropped by or Eddie and Katherine kept Theo away from her and then lied about why. 

So, I think you're right. She probably did reach out a couple of times but neither Eddie nor Katherine could trust her story about being sober. Eddie probably mentioned his sister to Theo maybe because he has pictures of her and didn't want to completely lie about her existence, especially if his parents are in the picture. Again, we don't know ANYTHING about Eddie's family so it's interesting to finally get some background, but it also makes it unclear about his parents' whereabouts. 

13 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Gary needs to learn to look both ways before crossing the street. Even if there's a stop sign. I learned this in preschool.

Gary is somewhat of a toddler at times. And a distracted pedestrian.

13 hours ago, kazza said:

Is Gary really all that different from before, outside of ranting at cars at crosswalks? I thought the friends were all used to his promiscuity before Maggie showed up.

IIRC, they didn't really approve of it - which is partially why they embraced Maggie so quickly (imo).

12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, the theories about Eric not getting Chad's heart ARE true. And, I have a feeling exactly how this happened...although, really, we should be asking how Maggie's mom even GOT Eric's information in the first place. How can she get that information...and also have it be completely wrong? Now, Eric really shouldn't have led them on, but it's hard to completely blame the guy either

Plus, the scene where Eddie was telling Theo about his alcoholism was well done. Not sure if it's the right age to be telling Theo all of this, but I guess he's old enough? What do I know? I don't have kids.

Nah, it's not hard at all for me to completely blame Eric. He's been spinning a lie the entire time with very vulnerable people. IMO, that's pretty freaking low. Yeah, Jason's got that sweet puppy dog face, but so do a lot of scammers, which is why they get away with it.

I thought coming clean to Theo was an excellent scene, given how they hit hard on the value of honest. Not to would have been hypocritical. I think honesty is the best policy in general, even with young kids (ok, so I did lie about Santa...so I'm hypocritical too.)

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I saw the original play back in the 70's and loved it. Didn't care for the movie. But the thing that sticks with me right now as being inappropriate is not so much the raunchiness, but the message - good girl remakes herself into a "bad" girl to get the guy. Terrible message for kids in their formative years.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Are we forgetting about PJ now or is that just on hold? Assuming that wasn't part of the little discussion about Delilah's family learning the truth. That might bring Saint Jon down a peg in Sophie's eyes. Not that Delilah doesn't deserve everything she's getting but holding Jon up like this paragon of virtue is completely unrealistic. 

PJ wasn’t Jon’s kid.  Jon didn’t really do anything wrong other than keep way too much to himself and Delilah never pressed about past or withdrawing. She went to his best friend. Anyone but that.  Sophie stings the most from that deception . PJ might be around in the future but his arc was last month.  

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It made me so sad and mad to see Katherine apologize to Delilah because Sophie is mad at her. That is not in any way Katherine's fault. Delilah is  the one who cheated, not Katherine. I can't believe the show is still trying to make Delilah the victim in all this.

I agree, but I think Katherine was shocked by the vehemence of Sophie's anger, and was realizing what Delilah had been afraid of dealing with. Maybe she hadn't realized how hard Sophie would react. 

Still, I think the truth coming out now is probably better than if they waited 5, 10, 20 years. And I'm totally Team Katherine. 

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Nah, it's not hard at all for me to completely blame Eric. He's been spinning a lie the entire time with very vulnerable people. IMO, that's pretty freaking low. Yeah, Jason's got that sweet puppy dog face, but so do a lot of scammers, which is why they get away with it.

I have no problem blaming him entirely, either.  A normal person does not let this kind of lie or misunderstanding go on and on for months

• Love 11

Well the whole Danny storyline is ridiculous.  How old is he supposed to be, seems young for the storyline and too young to be advising Gary on his love life.   Maggie continues to be annoying.  Can't wait to find out what the deal is with Eric.  Theo is 10 going on 40 but I still think he is too young to hear all that alcoholism stuff.  Should a child have to worry that his father may drink again?  Also we never see his reaction when he finds out Charlie is his sister.  Avoidance by coming back "three months later"  I still wonder why we never see Delilah pining away for Eddie, after all they were in love and were going to run off together.  Sorry but I don't find Gary attractive enough to be scoring with a lot of women.   I couldn't wait for this show to come back and was disappointed.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, debraran said:

PJ wasn’t Jon’s kid.

This assumes that the sweater was a) Jon's and b) that the hair tested was also Jon's. I'm not sure i'm ready to believe all of that just yet. I still think it's weird for him to leave his family on the brink of foreclosure and yet leave a good chunk of change to his deceased best friend's child. It doesn't track to me. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

How old is he supposed to be

I think he was 12 when the show started. Though now we've jumped three months and other episodes have three weeks worth of activity somehow happening in one day, so I have no idea how much time has actually passed since the first episode.

• Love 1

I thought Maggie’s mom was all obsessed with Eric, I wonder how a revelation like that will hurt her. And where has she been the last 3 months? 

Sophie is paying Eddie back for the guitars? Ouch. She was in the wrong by busting them up, but Eddie and Delilah are acting as if they suddenly are above reproach because they came clean  about Charlie’s parentage. 
Maybe it’s just me, but I think it’s unrealistic to think that kind of a bombshell situation becomes all hunky-dory in a couple months. IMO, Sophie’s reaction is the only one that rings true. 
I’d love to see the birth announcement Eddie sent to his sister. Who did he list as the mother?  Tongues must be wagging all over town. 

I agree that they’re dumping a lot of very adult crap on Theo. And I can’t stand that he and Danny are being portrayed as these overly mature, wise beyond years kids. I wonder if Elliot and Danny will get any negative feedback on their kiss or did no one else see it. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 6

I know for a fact that I was completely inexperienced in 6th grade but totally gave two grown-ups advice about their love life.  Neither one of them listened to me because 12 but they should have. I was an annoying know it all at 12 and people thought I did't know enough to know things, but I did.    (God, people would hate me if I was on a show... or in real life.)   Seriously, my mom recently told me that my dad told her once when they were having troubles that he needed to spend a whole bunch of money to impress her (I did not say this) and she told him "She's 12, don't listen to a 12 year old ask me what you can do" (totally the right answer here).   But what I really said to my dad was, "Take her dancing."    And when I explained to my mom this is what I had really advised she said, "Oh, yeah, that was good advice."   My mom is nuts for dancing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, esco1822 said:

This assumes that the sweater was a) Jon's and b) that the hair tested was also Jon's. I'm not sure i'm ready to believe all of that just yet. I still think it's weird for him to leave his family on the brink of foreclosure and yet leave a good chunk of change to his deceased best friend's child. It doesn't track to me. 

The writers said this is it. It was never Jon's. The PJ confusion was to make some fans think that to have intrigue. Jon was just guilty he "killed" his friend by bringing him and he lived because he was late. His soon to be wife was pregnant and short of marrying her he wanted to leave him something for his friend's memory and he liked Barbara too. He knew he was cheated on a more normal life as he checked in on them on occasion.

Say what you want about the bad scripts but sending a sweater with "maybe Jon's hair" to a lab was just silly, not for PJ, he's young but Rome? It's 2020, we know more about DNA than that.

8 hours ago, iwasish said:

I thought Maggie’s mom was all obsessed with Eric, I wonder how a revelation like that will hurt her. And where has she been the last 3 months? 

Sophie is paying Eddie back for the guitars? Ouch. She was in the wrong by busting them up, but Eddie and Delilah are acting as if they suddenly are above reproach because they came clean  about Charlie’s parentage. 
Maybe it’s just me, but I think it’s unrealistic to think that kind of a bombshell situation becomes all hunky-dory in a couple months. IMO, Sophie’s reaction is the only one that rings true. 
I’d love to see the birth announcement Eddie sent to his sister. Who did he list as the mother?  Tongues must be wagging all over town.

I agree that they’re dumping a lot of very adult crap on Theo. And I can’t stand that he and Danny are being portrayed as these overly mature, wise beyond years kids. I wonder if Elliot and Danny will get any negative feedback on their kiss or did no one else see it.

I know Theo is smart but he's still a kid. I was somewhat anxious as he is and I know I'd have episodes of wondering about my Dad if he was at a party, acting funny, raising his voice. You just know there will be a "Don't drink!" moment when he mistakenly thinks he is. Kind of a lot to dump on a child, I made a baby with another woman, I know you wanted a sibling but I got confused. Oh and I can't drink alcohol or I get totally useless and don't work and make everyone sad, now go to bed and we'll have pancakes tomorrow morning. : )

I don't think anyone saw Danny but most kids today hopefully wont tease. I did find it cringe worthy that he was comforting his mom and Gary and giving advice. Wasn't he upset? I guess they are replacing Jon with Gary for him but I hope they show some memories in flashbacks. I don't even see pictures of Jon anymore.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

I know for a fact that I was completely inexperienced in 6th grade but totally gave two grown-ups advice about their love life.  Neither one of them listened to me because 12 but they should have. I was an annoying know it all at 12 and people thought I did't know enough to know things, but I did.    (God, people would hate me if I was on a show... or in real life.)   Seriously, my mom recently told me that my dad told her once when they were having troubles that he needed to spend a whole bunch of money to impress her (I did not say this) and she told him "She's 12, don't listen to a 12 year old ask me what you can do" (totally the right answer here).   But what I really said to my dad was, "Take her dancing."    And when I explained to my mom this is what I had really advised she said, "Oh, yeah, that was good advice."   My mom is nuts for dancing.

Me too, though I tended more toward the sarcastic, world weary observations on the idiocy of my elders instead of advice. I'm sure I wasn't well liked by my Mom's friends. Too big for my britches, they would have said. My kids weren't like that - though snark runs strong in our family. But I always had a soft spot for their friends who were.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, debraran said:

I know Theo is smart but he's still a kid.

We did see Theo get anxious about this.  But he's at an age where lots and lots and lots of kids have already worked out that their parent is an alcoholic the hard way.  Theo is old enough to handle this.  Yes, he will have moments when he's anxious and probably moment when he misconstrues things but that's what it is like being the child of an alcoholic.  Theo's lucky he missed out on the really, truly, terrifying moments of being the child of an alcoholic rather than just the anxious ones.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, debraran said:

I know Theo is smart but he's still a kid. I was somewhat anxious as he is and I know I'd have episodes of wondering about my Dad if he was at a party, acting funny, raising his voice. You just know there will be a "Don't drink!" moment when he mistakenly thinks he is. Kind of a lot to dump on a child, I made a baby with another woman, I know you wanted a sibling but I got confused. Oh and I can't drink alcohol or I get totally useless and don't work and make everyone sad, now go to bed and we'll have pancakes tomorrow morning. : )

I don't think anyone saw Danny but most kids today hopefully wont tease. I did find it cringe worthy that he was comforting his mom and Gary and giving advice. Wasn't he upset? I guess they are replacing Jon with Gary for him but I hope they show some memories in flashbacks. I don't even see pictures of Jon anymore.

Danny’s friends were teasing him about kissing a girl. Seeing him get kissed by a boy would have to get some kind of reaction. And Gary’s behavior with the teacher was way out of line (in a classroom,  while a bunch of young kids were in the vicinity. If  Danny hadn’t popped in, I wonder how far they would have gone. (No excuse for the teacher’s behavior either!!) 

I can only imagine Theo going to school and talking about his new sister and his alcoholic Aunt and Dad. I really don’t find Theo or Danny in the slightest as representative of kids their age. And honestly I don’t see anything In any of these self absorbed, immature adults that would make me want to be friends with any of them. 

4 hours ago, bybrandy said:

We did see Theo get anxious about this.  But he's at an age where lots and lots and lots of kids have already worked out that their parent is an alcoholic the hard way.  Theo is old enough to handle this.  Yes, he will have moments when he's anxious and probably moment when he misconstrues things but that's what it is like being the child of an alcoholic.  Theo's lucky he missed out on the really, truly, terrifying moments of being the child of an alcoholic rather than just the anxious ones.

I’m thinking he’s going to see plenty of terrifying moments. My instincts with TV shows tell me that Eddies confession and reassurances to Theo are probably a hint that his sobriety will be on very shaky ground soon. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I just didn't really care about anyone except Sophie, with Katherine and Eddie just behind her.  Gary really is a man-baby and, to a degree, seems just a continuation of James Roday's character of Shawn on Psych (which I loved but as the series went on I felt there should have been some maturity to his character).  And, like another poster, I wondered where the dog was.  Oh well.  

Delilah just gets on my nerves so much.  So, I have canceled the series from my DVR, but will continue to read everyone's fabulous comments!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, debraran said:

I did find it cringe worthy that he was comforting his mom and Gary and giving advice. Wasn't he upset? I guess they are replacing Jon with Gary for him but I hope they show some memories in flashbacks. I don't even see pictures of Jon anymore.

I saw that, too.  Delilah must always be the victim!  It's rotten that she's letting her 12 year old comfort her when she should be comforting HIM for the loss of his father and her betrayal of his dad.  Danny will need as much therapy, or more, than Sophie to heal from this.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, izabella said:

I saw that, too.  Delilah must always be the victim!  It's rotten that she's letting her 12 year old comfort her when she should be comforting HIM for the loss of his father and her betrayal of his dad.  Danny will need as much therapy, or more, than Sophie to heal from this.

Yes, it's very odd dad is just erased. Do you think his  jersey is still there in Charly's room 3 months later? No real nursery shots, one putting baby in crib but I didn't see anything in that closeup. I thought there might have been a dramatic taking of it down by Sophie at one point. It would seem weird to see Jon's shirt still up there now.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I know right. Something too is now we are getting to where Eddie's problems came from and seeing it's pretty much a family history. There are still missing pieces as to how Katherine really met Eddie and given his history and problems why should even married him. As we saw, Eddie pretty much gave up drinking BECAUSE of Theo. Even more, I doubt the writers would even say some of Eddie's issues that lead to his affair with Delilah weren't stemmed from his deciding to sleep with his friend's wife instead of going into a drinking binge again early on. However, also proving that Eddie doesn't think of any consequences to his behavior like everyone else on this show.

For a show that always has wise pithy comments and serious talks at the ready the one time they really needed it they dropped the ball.  Why didn't they have Regina tell Sophie what she needed to hear...Sophie said don't tell her to get over it.  Regina should have replied that Sophie doesn't have to get over it but she does have to deal with it and attempt to move forward with her feelings even if just for herself because staying in angry mode for months and months isn't healthy.    

Didn't see the no scar thing coming.  Even if it is a bit too soap opera-ish I still want to see where that's going.  

Is it bad that I'm more interested in who is going to play Lindsey than whether she's going to be part of a relapse with Eddie?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

For a show that always has wise pithy comments and serious talks at the ready the one time they really needed it they dropped the ball.  Why didn't they have Regina tell Sophie what she needed to hear...Sophie said don't tell her to get over it.  Regina should have replied that Sophie doesn't have to get over it but she does have to deal with it and attempt to move forward with her feelings even if just for herself because staying in angry mode for months and months isn't healthy.    

Didn't see the no scar thing coming.  Even if it is a bit too soap opera-ish I still want to see where that's going.  

Is it bad that I'm more interested in who is going to play Lindsey than whether she's going to be part of a relapse with Eddie?

Plus, Regina knows better that you can't let something hang over you and "never deal with it" as we found out with her uncle and her mother is a grand example of never wanting to face a situation and how it dominated their lives in a very unhealthy fashion. Yes, Sophine might never "get over it" but it's here and it's not going away and being constantly angry over it, or then trying to take it out on everyone or ignore it is never going to solve it. She is living proof of that. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't have minded Sophie lashing out so much if they hadn't resorted to cliches like having her dressed like an 80's punk, and staying out late, to show her rebellious self (although the punk movement was pretty rebellious). Or maybe I am just completely out of touch with how teenagers dress these days, or I don't remember her choice of clothing before the break. For once, I would like to see a more subtle rebellious teen on TV.

I like Theo and the actor is cute but sometimes he seems too immature for his age. He is supposed to be what, 10? It is starting to annoy me. My nieces are 12 and 8 and I don't see anything that is even close to how Theo acts/reacts sometimes. 

Can't stand Gary. Or Maggie.

Rome annoyed me.

Katherine is way too understanding. Pretty unrealistic too. 

Everyone LOOOOOOVES Delilah again. Awwww. Cue Kumbaya. (yikes!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, alexvillage said:

Katherine is way too understanding. Pretty unrealistic too. 

Everyone LOOOOOOVES Delilah again. Awwww. Cue Kumbaya. (yikes!)

I cringed when Katherine kissed Delilah on the cheek when she arrived at the school play. Talk about over the top, especially considering they had just seen each other earlier that day. Eww. Cordial co-parenting, fine. Tender loving affection, that's a big NOPE. 

• Love 19
On 1/24/2020 at 7:34 AM, Lady Calypso said:

The only theory I have is that Eric's fiancee actually got the heart. If they were living together when she died, perhaps whatever info Maggie's mom got didn't disclose the name of the recipient, only the address (which is dumb, but I don't know how this type of thing works). Maybe his fiancee got the heart after their crash but it failed and then she died. That would certainly make it hard for Eric to talk about, and I could have some empathy for him. I'm waiting to hear his side of the story.

Now, he's still wrong for deceiving Maggie and her mom for so long....but it's Jason Ritter, man! How can you hate that face? That, and at least Eric seems to look guilty about lying. And, on a scale of awfulness, this is on par with Delilah/Eddie cheating, and look at how people took that. Only Sophie is rightfully angry! And Katherine was for a while before she decided to move forward. 

Am I a hypocrite? Absolutely. I'd love to see Jason Ritter stick around. He's super charming, but they definitely gave him the wrong plot to get people to root for him. 

Came here to suggest this same scenario. And if so, I'm here for it because I assume that means we will see Sutton Foster in flashbacks soon? (I can't imagine they'd cast her as Eric's fiance only to show her once in one photo.... Actually, googled and yes we will.)

Edited by taragel
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, readster said:

Plus, Regina knows better that you can't let something hang over you and "never deal with it" as we found out with her uncle and her mother is a grand example of never wanting to face a situation and how it dominated their lives in a very unhealthy fashion. Yes, Sophine might never "get over it" but it's here and it's not going away and being constantly angry over it, or then trying to take it out on everyone or ignore it is never going to solve it. She is living proof of that. 

But to them, her dealing with it is to forgive her mother and Eddie. I think right now it’s a bit much to ask of her. Bad enough her mom cheated on her dad, but she’s now expected to see see and accept living proof of it in Charlie, and have everyone in her circle walking around smiling and acting as if shit like this Is no big deal. Topping it off is Eddie jumping in as a replacement for her dad, apparently without a bit of remorse for screwing his best friends wife. 
Danny is what? 12? And Sophie 17? Is no one even thinking of what crap they may face in school and their social circle when this little Peyton Place storyline gets around the town? Even if Delilah and Eddies affair wasn’t the cause of Jon’s suicide, most people who hear the story are going to jump to that conclusion. IMO it would take way longer than a couple months for someone to “deal” with the steaming bag of shit Sophie, Danny and Theo have been dealt. Delilahs lucky Sophie didn’t pack her stuff and disappear. Delilah thinks putting on a happy face and making “croissants” for breakfast is a way to make amends? 

And a small nitpick... I hate pacifiers and even more than hating them, I hate seeing a parent/caretaker using a finger to keep the pacifier in a babies mouth. It drives me nuts. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

And a small nitpick... I hate pacifiers and even more than hating them, I hate seeing a parent/caretaker using a finger to keep the pacifier in a babies mouth. It drives me nuts.

I never used them - the kids used their thumbs (one in utero, which was fun to see), for self soothing, and the bonus is that they're free and you can't lose them.

26 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I never used them - the kids used their thumbs (one in utero, which was fun to see), for self soothing, and the bonus is that they're free and you can't lose them.

And they can't take them away! My brother had a pacifier; I refused it. They took it away from him eventually. I still have my thumbs. 😉

(My grandfather used to ask if they were chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry.)

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

And they can't take them away! My brother had a pacifier; I refused it. They took it away from him eventually. I still have my thumbs. 😉

(My grandfather used to ask if they were chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry.)

It’s seeing that finger keeping it in place that bugs me. Even if the baby didn’t want it, the parent is forcing it on them. Nothing worse than toddler who has to take a pacifier out in order to speak.!!

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, iwasish said:

It’s seeing that finger keeping it in place that bugs me. Even if the baby didn’t want it, the parent is forcing it on them. Nothing worse than toddler who has to take a pacifier out in order to speak.!!

Yeah, if the baby wants it, they'll keep in their mouth on their own. If you're worried about losing it or having it fall on the floor if they spit it out, get one of those little clips that attach to the baby's shirt.

• Love 1

But if you are working with babies on set and you need to keep them quiet keeping the pacifiers in their mouth might be a good choice.  Not as a parenting move long term but as a getting through the scene move.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I did wonder why Regina put Sophie on the couch. If they're looking to adopt, surely they have an available bedroom.

I'm guessing it's a combination of they already had the second bedroom set up as a nursery for the adoption interview (and they aren't about to dismantle the crib to put a bed in for Sophie while she sulks) and not wanting Sophie to get too comfortable or think that this is a permanent solution.

3 hours ago, bybrandy said:

But if you are working with babies on set and you need to keep them quiet keeping the pacifiers in their mouth might be a good choice.  Not as a parenting move long term but as a getting through the scene move.

Especially because there are very tight restrictions on how much time babies can be on set (not just on camera) and how often they have to be given breaks, which is why twins are often used so they can swap one out when the other's time is up. Once the baby's time is up, that's it. No more shooting that scene until tomorrow. Putting the entire production behind schedule because the baby is fussing or crying costs money.

• Love 3

Best moments:

Eddie discussing his alcoholism with Theo.

Rome and his therapist discussing the stigma surrounding mental health issues in the Black community especially for men.

Surprised by the no scar reveal so I’m curious to see where this is headed.

• Love 5