Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You ARE biologically related to this baby-you are the AUNT

But she has no legal rights as the aunt. 

1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

So, what floor is Ava's room on? 

8th.  And the only reason I know that is because they had a blooper about a week ago when they showed us Ava's room was number 8whatever and the same day Natalia's room number was the same.  

43 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

ut seriously. First Cody, then Ned, now Kristina. What is with this damn pool?

Plus Curtis getting shot there.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, driver18 said:

Speaking of romance, probably a long shot, but... Ric is coming back. And I don't imagine that Nina is too keen on having anything sexytiemes to do with Drew anymore, soooo. I wonder if these HWs remember that Nina and Ric were married. Sure, it was a scam set up by her mother, but, hey, ppl change, right? Nina certainly has since then. (Michelle Stafford was playing Nina then.) 

Yes, I know he's going to be involved in the surrogacy story, but I remembered the Nina link as well.

I totally do not remember them marrying. Interesting. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

SHOCKING photos of two consenting adults having sexy time. 

The only thing that shocks me is how stupid Wagger is for throwing in his lot with Ava, especially for a custody battle.

Kristina going out the window was hilarious. She was at least three feet away from it. She should have slipped on that bag and hit her head on the windowsill, rendering her unconscious, and then we see Ava having to deal with that. If they're going to blame Ava for hurting Kristina and the baby, go all in. Don't weasel it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I totally do not remember them marrying

It was Michelle Stafford's Nina and it was a horrible storyline that made Ric look awful (more awful than the panic room story if you can believe it)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I totally do not remember them marrying. Interesting. 

It was part of a scam. Ric was conspiring with Nina’s mother to drive Nina insane to steal her fortune. They had no idea what to do with Ric by that point so they shoved him into a SL where he was playing the cartoon villain without any real motivations. 

• Angry 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The only thing that shocks me is how stupid Wagger is for throwing in his lot with Ava, especially for a custody battle.

But they're so pretty and sparkly together.  

• Like 5

no one could scream like Florencia Lozano. LOL 

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristina going out the window was hilarious. She was at least three feet away from it. She should have slipped on that bag and hit her head on the windowsill, rendering her unconscious, and then we see Ava having to deal with that. If they're going to blame Ava for hurting Kristina and the baby, go all in. Don't weasel it.

seriously. like Kristina legit FLUNG herself through the window. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

It was part of a scam. Ric was conspiring with Nina’s mother to drive Nina insane to steal her fortune. They had no idea what to do with Ric by that point so they shoved him into a SL where he was playing the cartoon villain without any real motivations. 

I remember now! It was the big surprise for the live show -- just part of the madness of that ep.

But I'm glad it was brought up, because that history could make for an interesting interaction now that CW's in the role.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But they're so pretty and sparkly together.  

Wagger is being too stupid for me to enjoy the pretty and the sparkle. If they weren't both trying to take down Sonny, would they have hooked up? I don't know.

The only thing I liked about the Ric/Madeline/Nina con story was that he had an app called Waaaa that cried like a baby, and he used it to torture Nina. It was horrible but so funny at the same time. At least to my twisted sense of humor.

11 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I know it's wrong to lust for a baby's death. But damn do I need that unborn child to cack it.

A lot of us are hoping this baby ends up a tock.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Perhaps the MC pool is too hazardous and should be shut down. 

Ava seems to have taken the Port-Charles-punching-bag slot away from Nina, but I also want to know how Carly, Joss, Michael, etc. will make this Nina's fault.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

By the way, this CANNOT be an accident. The window angles, if nothing else, seem like an homage to this double craziness from OLTL

Thank you for the sweet memories of my favorite defenestration scenes.

Carly is responsible for Kristina's fall into the wading pool. If she hadn't thrown Jagger out of his room in a toddler-like fit, there would have been no suitcase for Kristina to trip over. 

That's my logic, and I'm clinging to it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ava seems to have taken the Port-Charles-punching-bag slot away from Nina, but I also want to know how Carly, Joss, Michael, etc. will make this Nina's fault.

Carly will probably claim she had been meaning to reinforce the balcony sliding doors when Nina STOLE the hotel from her and let them get neglected.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

TJ and Molly however will blame Kristina. How dare she go to visit Ava!

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

At least if Kristina were in the ever-useful coma, we would miss out on the custody battle. The baby would be delivered by C-section, TJ would claim the baby and Kristina would be SOOL.

• Like 1

It's also possible Kristina and/or the baby were impaled by any of the broken glass on the way down, never mind the impact of falling into the pool.

3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

By the way, this CANNOT be an accident. The window angles, if nothing else, seem like an homage to this double craziness from OLTL

Thank you for posting those; I wasn’t watching OLTL for the first but the second (complete with Dorian interspersed) remains one of my favorite soap scenes. 

After reading the comments here, I hopped off the barge to watch today and was glad I did.  I was feeling a rage blackout coming on with Natalia’s (paraphrasing) “I’m sorry that what I said damaged your career” until Blaze  fortunately set her straight.  

Back to the barge before the inevitable of Joss saving Kristina and delivering the baby and all of the aftermath coming to Ava.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

At least if Kristina were in the ever-useful coma, we would miss out on the custody battle. The baby would be delivered by C-section, TJ would claim the baby and Kristina would be SOOL.

Yes, but there would be the legal battle on whether to induce labor.  Blaze vs. Tolly, with both grandmothers weighing in. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Was GH trying to compete with the Olympics today with Kristina’s half-pike (man) backward flip nose dive in the MC pool? If so, I give her an 8.5. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
11 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

I cannot lie. I had to watch that finale today TWICE! And I laughed both times!

Same here!  I actually watched it 3 times.  Gio's face was hilarious.

So they're gearing up to making the new recording label a big deal, so who will be the next Port Charles resident that they find out can sing?  Aiden? Dex?  Trina? Jason (haha .. can you imagine?)?  Maybe Cody? Sasha?

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The only thing I liked about the Ric/Madeline/Nina con story was that he had an app called Waaaa that cried like a baby, and he used it to torture Nina. It was horrible but so funny at the same time. At least to my twisted sense of humor.

I'm glad you brought this important issue up, dubbel zout. I delight in mentioning it, and it led to one of my favorite posts on the state of the show in 2015. (Please avoid my less than diplomatic remarks about Jackie Zeman's latest plastic surgery, her face did clear up! RIP.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

What floor is the pool on? That was movie  level stunt.

I guess Ava is going to be murdred.

Edited by ljr
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ljr said:

What floor is the pool on? That was movie  level stunt.

I don’t know that they’ve ever said but the “view” from the tables where BL/Lois and Blaze/Natalia were chatting looks down on a building’s roof and treetops in the distance. So either an oversight or an explanation for Krissy and/or baby surviving the fall.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, ljr said:

What floor is the pool on?

11 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

I don’t know that they’ve ever said but the “view” from the tables where BL/Lois and Blaze/Natalia were chatting looks down on a building’s roof and treetops in the distance

Someone stated up thread it's on the 8th floor, as the number to Ava's room was shown earlier. Though  I could have sworn when she first checked in and watched Avery at the pool, she said she was on the third floor. Still, par for the course for this show to keep changing shit to fit the plot.

And another hilarious moment was the obvious fake blood on Kristina's face that didn't smear or wash away as she floated under water.

• LOL 6
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The only thing I liked about the Ric/Madeline/Nina con story was that he had an app called Waaaa that cried like a baby, and he used it to torture Nina. I

oh, is that the same app that Morgan Fairchild used to torture Sasha on her QVC-type show?

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

They will say that Nina was responsible for the installation of the flimsy windows during the time she was running the Metro Court. And she did it intentionally knowing that one day Ava and Kristina would be having an argument in that room. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava is definitely guilty of hurting Kristina, out of selfishness and anger at Sonny. She was nasty to Kristina about both her parents because she was feeling vengeful (bad for blood pressure of a pregnant woman; Ava has been pregnant twice so she knows better than to do this) and then grabbed her arm. Kristina stepped back to get away from Ava grabbing her and that's how she got her foot/feet caught in John's bag. Kristina is Avery's big sister and the baby is also Avery's family, but Ava doesn't seem to care about that. 

This is definitely worse than the AJ/Carly moment on the Q stairs. Carly had shoved her fist with the diamond ring in AJ's face and he grabbed it. She yanked her arm away, and that's how she fell. 

Kristina didn't have to confront Ava in her hotel room; that's entirely on her (Kristina). What did she expect, that Ava would tell her, "I've changed my mind, you don't have to testify"?

Kristina was impulsive, as usual. Ava acted as Ava acts. 

• Like 10

I always thought that the pool at the Metro Court was on the roof, some from the dialogue such as where they go downstairs to the courtyard for lunch, some because of the fact that there is rarely any shade which there should be if floors tower over it.

Obviously it's somewhere else (where?) if Kristina could fall out of a window in Ava's third? eighth? floor suite.

• Like 2

There was dialogue about the location of the pool a month or two ago, but I don't remember the specifics.  Clearly there's no roof over it, but a wing of the hotel may project above it.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristina was impulsive, as usual. Ava acted as Ava acts. 

Ava was totally out of line to put her hands on a pregnant woman unless the woman was a) holding a weapon and threatening her or b) trying to kidnap her child. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristina didn't have to confront Ava in her hotel room; that's entirely on her (Kristina).

I thought it was dangerous for Kristina to confront Natalia in her hotel room.  And to open the door to her at Kristina's apartment.

• Like 2

I decided to watch the end of today's episode, out of curiosity. 

So, Trina is the eyewitness who saw Ava close the curtains after Kristina fell?

TJ is an asshole, only caring about the baby and not even a hint of concern for the so-called love of his life's sister, or mother as she's sobbing in worry over her daughter's condition. 

So Ava was counting on Dante being dumber than a box of rocks to believe her story as she blamed Kristina and showed no remorse for, or concern about, the pregnant victim? DZ was truly excellent in the scenes with MW.

It's hard to decide who is worse, TJ or Ava. 

I hope Alexis is done with TJ after this. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Was it just me or did it seem like Joss was holding Kristina face-first in the water for several moments? (I was counting and got to at least 5-Mississippi.) Get the idea of stabilizing a potential spinal injury - but by drowning?

And Gio's face watching the The Fall ... the very definition of unintentional comedy gold. 

This was supposed to be high drama, not funny - right?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Joss telling Blaze that she is Kristina's sister when Dante is standing right there.🤬  Also it sure took Joss long enough to turn Kristina over on to her back. Way to go, lifeguard.

Of course Josslyn "saved Kristina's life." So what first aid did Joss do other than turning her over after Kristina had plenty of time to breath in water? Joss didn't even check if Kristina was still breathing.

5 minutes ago, MollyMelrose said:

Was it just me or did it seem like Joss was holding Kristina face-first in the water for several moments? (I was counting and got to at least 5-Mississippi.) Get the idea of stabilizing a potential spinal injury - but by drowning?

Yes!!!!!

Carly and Olivia need to be responsible for having such flimsy windows.

Why does it matter whether Ava closed the curtains or not?

Brook Lynn is so naive -- of course Sonny would use mob money for the record company. Coffee importing is not that lucrative.

At 8 1/2 months, the baby is considered fullterm so unfortunately it will probably be fine.

The kid playing Gio really stepped up.

13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

TJ is an asshole, only caring about the baby and not even a hint of concern for the so-called love of his life's sister, or mother as she's sobbing in worry over her daughter's condition.

I hope Alexis is done with TJ after this. 

I don't know if Alexis is but I certainly am.All that whining about "my child that I already love" as if Kristina is an automaton, all the manipulation of Alexis, he really is scum.  

TJ is now the worst character on the show, and that's something given Carly, Diane, Joss, Michael, Jason, Sonny ....

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

Lois if you have to ask if Sonny's money is clean, the maybe you shouldn't be involved with him financially at all.

TJ why does it matter if Kristina has known Allison for less than a year to know that she'd be a great parent or not?  (over you two. who have shown no parental anything during this entire thing) like shut up, fool

Also TJ - the eff? Alexis is telling you she is not going to pick one child over the other in this AS SHE SHOULD NOT. Alexis also told her kids to make sure that this was ironed out BEFORE they got pregnant - and THEY didn't. and because she is being a good mother and not chosing sides you are calling her a COWARD? seriously shut up fool

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know, but she was whining to Sam that she had no biological connection to the baby and that’s not true.

They used that expression twice in the episode, but the first time they were careful to say "no DIRECT biological connection."

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Also TJ - the eff? Alexis is telling you she is not going to pick one child over the other in this AS SHE SHOULD NOT. Alexis also told her kids to make sure that this was ironed out BEFORE they got pregnant - and THEY didn't. 

But TJ only cares about getting what he wants and isn't willing to hear anything about his own mistakes/bad choices. He's not a parent yet, certainly knows nothing about parenting and loving multiple children. It's easier to just berate Alexis. 

Actually, I hope Molly walks away from TJ after this too - baby or no baby. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Actually, I hope Molly walks away from TJ after this too - baby or no baby. 

But she won't because she feels the same way. Going to Alexis, and then to Sam-who agreed with her about Kristina. And she lets out a SIIIIIGH of relief that Sam "GETS IT!" And she feels soooooooo much better.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Love howTJ says if Alexis doesn’t take Molly’s side, she’ll lose Molly forever,   It couldn’t care less if Alexis loses Kristina! And when Kristina gets to the hospital there’s not a single word about her being his sister in law or even family. Just ‘She’s carrying my child.’ At least the dr told him he’s just be in the way and didn’t let him in the exam room. He’s just berate an unconscious Kristina, which it seems he’s going to do next week (previews seem to show him telling Alexis? That whatever happens is Kristina’s fault).

and I’m so glad (not) that people at the pool immediately thought to call Alexis. They were all trying to reach Sonny but not one person thought to contact Kristina’s mother? And Joss tells her in the ambulance that both her parents will be waiting at the hospital. I thought for sure Dante was going to call Alexis when he couldn’t reach Sonny, but nope. 

so now even Trina is bailing on Ava? How about maybe asking her what happened before deciding she pushed a pregnant woman out a window? Yeah, I can see the bus heading toward Ava now.  Haven’t heard anything about MW leaving so maybe Ava finds a way out from the latest hole she dug. 

I want Alexis to file a suit against the metro court. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

LOL at Joss suddenly being Miss Professional Lifeguard 2024. And way to leave your duties to go with Kristina in the ambulance. Blaze wasn't that far behind.

Gio's expressions were the best!

I bet this was once sequence they were all glad they didn't have to film a lot of takes for. Lots of flashbacks of—they are certainly getting their money's worth from the stunt. I hope the stunt double was paid well.

Thank goodness the ER doctor told TJ to stay out. He has no business being a part of Kristina's treatment. I wouldn't be surprised if he put the baby's well-being over hers, given his current feelings for her.

Dante shouldn't be the one questioning Ava, but conflict of interest is raised only as a plot point. And given how many people Dante is connected to, he'd never be able to work at least 90 percent of the cases that hit the PCPD. Chase is rapidly gaining on that, too.

Lois's pants were so high-waisted they were practically acting as a bra.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

How about maybe asking her what happened before deciding she pushed a pregnant woman out a window?

and this pisses me off. Ava's always been there for Trina. but now it's just like screw you Ava? 

it also made me mad blaze is legit freaking out, the EMT is like "are you family." and Joss couldn't go "yeah, she is?" she had to go "we're sisters?" like shut up Joss

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lois's pants were so high-waisted

I think it was a Jumpsuit. I had one similar back in the 90s…

• Useful 1

Joss and Kristina aren't blood related at all, are they?  But it was probably better that someone less hysterical than Blaze be in the ambulance anyway.

I am always torn about whether an actor should be good enough to overcome bad material, or whether I should just sympathize with them because of the dreck they have to work with.  And whether I should be angry with the characters for their bad or stupid behavior, or sympathize with them that they've been so well and truly trashed by the writers.  Thinking of Anna, Jagger, and TJ in particular these days.  

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, JMO said:

Joss and Kristina aren't blood related at all, are they?

No. They were step sisters when Carly and Sonny were married.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Also TJ - the eff? Alexis is telling you she is not going to pick one child over the other in this AS SHE SHOULD NOT. Alexis also told her kids to make sure that this was ironed out BEFORE they got pregnant - and THEY didn't. and because she is being a good mother and not chosing sides you are calling her a COWARD? seriously shut up fool

Seriously - "the law is the law" - "you COWARD!" Of course, Alexis is wrong because all she has is, "I told you all this before you decided to move forward"? You did it anyway and didn't try to keep things good between the three of you, but Alexis is the dope for sticking to the law and reminding you that "I told you so"? I'm pretty sure TJ would be the first (and still might be) to tell everyone "I told you so" if anything else happens.

Re Ava- She didn't even leave the room to see if Kristina was OK. Wouldn't a normal person rush downstairs after this kind of accident? That alone makes her seem guilty. Closing the curtains afterward made it even clearer.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Re Ava- She didn't even leave the room to see if Kristina was OK. Wouldn't a normal person rush downstairs after this kind of accident? That alone makes her seem guilty. Closing the curtains afterward made it even clearer.

I honestly don't blame her for trying to get her lawyer on the phone and how to proceed  in this. She saw what the town did to Nina. she doesn't wanna be crucified. lol

(but seriously i think if she ran down and went omg, it was just an accident etc etc etc. people would misconstrue that as well, so making sure legally her Is were dotted and t's crossed was the best course of action)

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I honestly don't blame her for trying to get her lawyer on the phone and how to proceed  in this. She saw what the town did to Nina. she doesn't wanna be crucified. lol

(but seriously i think if she ran down and went omg, it was just an accident etc etc etc. people would misconstrue that as well, so making sure legally her Is were dotted and t's crossed was the best course of action)

You may be right but since when would having a lawyer protect anyone from the wrath of PC? It might have been smart to get her lawyer involved right away, but it does look bad, especially when a person's life is in danger, doesn't it? 

I don't think Ava got any advice from Scotty yet, though, or she wouldn't have created that bizarre set up while waiting for someone to show up. Her lies weren't even all that plausible, at least to Dante. I still think showing at least a modicum of concern for the woman who fell from the window would have gone a ways to help her look less shifty and conniving. (But if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well, you probably have a duck).

• Like 2