Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Same. I've already had enough. I'm glad his exit is that he's going to rehab.

Kudos to AS, JE, JS and ME. The BLQ-Tracy scenes were beautifully written and acted (the only part I didn't like was the "mother energy" line that included Sasha). Tracy tearfully hugging Finn, heartbreaking. Although I expect that the Finn-Violet goodbye scenes will be much more so.

Sasha, what's going on with Violet and her family is none of your business and it's definitely none of Cody's. 

So now Sonny treats Trina as nothing more than an Ava rep.? I suppose he's so self-absorbed he doesn't even remember this is the young lady his beloved nephew loved so much that he "died" to protect her. Then he shows up to assure Alexis and Kristina that he kicked Ava out and he's on their side. What an ass.

Sonny is such a loathsome character and I just wish Mo would retire.   Nothing could possibly do more to change this show and give it a huge shot in the arm.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sasha, what's going on with Violet and her family is none of your business and it's definitely none of Cody's. 

Well, Sasha will be the one cooking Violet, Chase and BL's meals.  And probably be looking after Violet, too. 

• Like 2

Ava unloading on Trina really emphasizes that Ava has no friends in PC.

24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It sort of is since they're living with the Qs. At least it's not like Natalia effusively praising Kristina on how she handled Ava at dinner. Natalia was totally out of line to say anything at all. She doesn't even know Alexis (does she?).

Previews: Dante tells Sam she can't tell anyone what he just told her. Oh, Dante. Have you met Sam?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Well, Sasha will be the one cooking Violet, Chase and BL's meals.  And probably be looking after Violet, too. 

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It sort of is since they're living with the Qs. At least it's not like Natalia effusively praising Kristina on how she handled Ava at dinner. Natalia was totally out of line to say anything at all. She doesn't even know Alexis (does she?).

It is her business to know about any food allergies because she will be cooking for Violet, BLQ and Chase. But she's not the nanny and she barely knows Violet or Finn. So for her to talk to Cody about feeling concerned for Violet, what she overheard Tracy discussing with family, and speculating that something serious is going on with Finn was completely out of line. 

And not to be cold, but I think that a woman who had a drug problem/break down after losing a child should never, ever be a young child's nanny soon after such events. Sasha's horrible storylines weren't that long ago.

• Like 1

Sasha and Cody discussing the latest Q family drama doesn't bother me. Cody interacts with the kids all the time and if Violet isn't eating, then that can bring out the maternal with Sasha. 🤷‍♀️ It's not Upstairs, Downstairs or Downtown Abbey levels of formality. 

It's not looking like Finn dies on the way out? At least with Chase driving him to rehab there's a chance he'll survive to do Doctors Without Borders indefinitely. 

• Like 5

Maybe Finn will kidnap Violet and go on the run with her, thus giving us a Violet-free summer (although the actress really is much better now that they are writing her age-appropriate).

I didn't mind Sasha being concerned but Brook Lynn almost glomming on to Violet disturbed me.

Kristina really can't catch a break. Everyone tells her that she is a flake but when she looks ahead to avoid a bad situation,  Alexis accuses her of wanting Molly and TJ to break up.

Given the way TJ is behaving, leaving him is the sensible thing to do.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Kristina really can't catch a break. Everyone tells her that she is a flake but when she looks ahead to avoid a bad situation,  Alexis accuses her of wanting Molly and TJ to break up.

That scene confused me. Once Molly officially adopts the baby, it's none of Kristina's business if Molly and TJ ever split up and up until she signs away her parental rights, the TJ and Molly situation is irrelevant. She has her rights and TJ has his as the biological parents.

Unless it's just Kristina's way of warning her family that she's reserving the right to back out of the adoption? Which is still personal and how/why would there be a court petition? 

13 minutes ago, tessaray said:

That scene confused me. Once Molly officially adopts the baby, it's none of Kristina's business if Molly and TJ ever split up and up until she signs away her parental rights, the TJ and Molly situation is irrelevant.

If I understand things correctly, Kristina is afraid TJ and Molly will split before the baby is born.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

If I understand things correctly, Kristina is afraid TJ and Molly will split before the baby is born.

If there was a legally enforceable surrogacy contract in place, then the petition would be a sort of addendum?  But the writers have made a point of saying that their informal contract wasn't technically enforceable - or am I not remembering correctly?  

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That is how I understand things as well. Molly and TJ's behavior has given her good reasons to be concerned. Alexis can say whatever she wants, but she has barely been around Molly and TJ since Kristina became pregnant, to see that these two are not functioning well as a couple, let alone a united parenting team-to-be. The latest Molly and TJ scenes have me believing they have only focused on the fantasy of a child/family life after Molly was told she can't have a baby. One night of make-up sex is no substitute for actually resolving their concerns and preparing their future for a baby. Do they have a room and crib for this baby? Have they decided on a plan for the day-to-day for the first six months to a year after Kristina gives birth? It seems like all they have done is give Kristina a hard time. Molly looked like she was almost curling her lip in distaste at the idea of baby toys and diapers making a mess of their small apartment.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4

Ava knows Sonny off meds and sends Trina there. Great friend.  At least Trina sees her clearly now. 

Monica, Olivia and Tracy had a house family meeting over Violet moving in? At least Lois wasn't included. 

Finn has been off the wagon for half a week and they're acting like he ran people off the road or killed someone. Chase thanking him for being alive? He passed out at home as his worst offense. Diane covers for people who shoot and murder but Finn she's such a stand on.

The court order was so not needed and over the top when 5 hours later Finn is saying bye to her. Tracy's now also hugging him. 

If Molly and TJ break up doesn't Kristina have rights anyway? Why does she need this court order now? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
53 minutes ago, Artsda said:

The court order was so not needed and over the top when 5 hours later Finn is saying bye to her. Tracy's now also hugging him. 

Also, in some very bizarre (more so than usual) writing, Tracy is telling Brook Lynn and Chase every five seconds that their temporary custody of Violet may become permanent. Tis passing strange (TM Thor Odinson).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

If there was a legally enforceable surrogacy contract in place, then the petition would be a sort of addendum?  But the writers have made a point of saying that their informal contract wasn't technically enforceable - or am I not remembering correctly?  

Kristina said "I want to make sure the baby stays with us" i.e. the David coven. It sounded as she was afraid that if TJ and Molly split up. TJ would get custody as the baby's biological parent.

The court order states that Finn has to stay 500 yards away from Violet. How is Chase just allowed to let Finn into Violet's presence even if he does have temporary custody?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Who will find the petition Alexis hid behind the pillow on the couch?  Molly?  Sam?  Sonny?

Looking forward to seeing Scott square off against Diane in court.  That has all the indications of being the trial of the summer .. or maybe fall.

I can't see how they cannot recast Finn when his 90 days are up.   Assuming he doesn't have some fatal accident at Skymeadow, he would come back to his daughter, right?

Edited by graight
Edited to change Skyview to Skymeadow .. I knew it was Sky something.
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The court order states that Finn has to stay 500 yards away from Violet. How is Chase just allowed to let Finn into Violet's presence even if he does have temporary custody?

Because Chase is Violet's emergency guardian, which gives him some say. Also, he won't report the violation to the authorities, and he said he'll supervise the entire visit and shut things down the instant they get dicey. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

When ME posted yesterday he had just filmed his last scenes, I assumed we'd see a wrap up after the 90 days. But apparently today is his last air date.

Yeah I don’t think they are allowed to announce their exits ahead of time anymore since it’s a spoiler. I’ve noticed most of the actors stagger their goodbye posts for when their last episode is about to air.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Because Chase is Violet's emergency guardian, which gives him some say. Also, he won't report the violation to the authorities, and he said he'll supervise the entire visit and shut things down the instant they get dicey. 

"I can help you stop drinking alcohol." Such a devastating line. Great subtle angry and heartbroken reaction by JS in the background when JL said it. Finn's explanation for Violet was well-written for a 9-year-old to understand. Finn and Violet sobbing and hugging while Chase and BLQ silently cried in the background and Violet sobbing as her dad left her was absolutely gut wrenching. Chase showed a lot of grace in his goodbye to Finn but man the two of them in the car was so sad. 

Danny learning a little from Jason's mouth what it was like in the beginning for Jason Morgan was an interesting scene. Too bad he's about to get devastated thanks to his parents and Carly.

LOL that Sam is offended Dante's mad that she and Spinelli broke federal laws and that she is confident it won't get traced back to Spinelli. I like DZ's exasperated expression that Sam is an idiot. 

@GHScorpiosRule Jason yells at Carly in the Friday episode! I hope Jason feels good about himself that his bestie and his ex-wife are both utter dumbasses. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

that she is confident it won't get traced back to Spinelli.

Which is sooooo stupid.  Dante had to remind her that the FBI already showed up at Spinelli's door to get the footage of his shooting so it woudln't take very long for them to realize who hacked them.  Even carly's "don't make me tell you my source" to Diane.  If it has to do with hacking, Diane knows it's Spinelli.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

@GHScorpiosRule Jason yells at Carly in the Friday episode! I hope Jason feels good about himself that his bestie and his ex-wife are both utter dumbasses. 

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

usa network dancing GIF by Psych

Such AWESOME News! The last time he let it rip was when she was trashing Elizabeth for keeping Jake a sekrit and he said "you SHUT UP about Elizabeth!"

Even if won't last forever, I'll take my small pleasures where I can!

37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

LOL that Sam is offended Dante's mad that she and Spinelli broke federal laws

It's like she forgot he's a cop; one who isn't DIRTY.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I just saw that. he was pissed off. I guess he finds out (or she tells him) she spilled all the tea to Archangel Michael from Xena? (sorry I don't know his name on GH)  

So ME is leaving leaving? Like honestly. if he's leaving leaving - why not have him do a Doctor without Borders stint - take Violet with him in the summer, and send her back to GH in the fall for school. but no. this child has lost her mother, her grandfather, and now her father?  poor darling. 

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The last time he let it rip was when she was trashing Elizabeth for keeping Jake a sekrit and he said "you SHUT UP about Elizabeth!"

I remember that. even though i had zero time for Elizabeth then Jason yelling at Carly lives rent free in my head. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

LOL that Sam is offended Dante's mad that she and Spinelli broke federal laws and that she is confident it won't get traced back to Spinelli. I like DZ's exasperated expression that Sam is an idiot. 

It's okay if Sam breaks the law when it benefits her, but when anyone else does, they're CRIMINALS. I hope Dante is starting to have second thoughts about the halfwit he's shacked up with.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Finn's explanation for Violet was well-written for a 9-year-old to understand.

See, Show? Look how effective you can be when you put care and thought into a scene.

I hope the Skymeadow Lodge is nicer than the door Finn entered. Yikes.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

See, Show? Look how effective you can be when you put care and thought into a scene.

It was well done. They made this cold-hearted old cynic tear up.

Of course, knowing it was ME's last episode added a bit of weight to the scenes.

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Well done on the Finn and Violet scenes.  She's always been good, when given the material.  Of course, I don't know how old the writers think a child is when they give up training wheels, but Violet would have left hers behind a few years ago.

I was so hopeful that Jason would elaborate on the changes in him as a result of his TBI, and the line from Danny about how he'd been told Jason was drawn to danger was the golden opportunity.  Even if Jason Morgan doesn't have a specific memory of how he used to be, he knows about it.  And he should have told Danny.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A 90 day rehab is going to let Violet and other family visit Finn, probably after the first 30 days and regularly. They would likely even encourage family counseling sessions. 

Dante is one of the few sane people on this show. It really irks me how time and time again he put himself totally out there for Anna, but now Anna is all down with Jason as her cohort and confidant and she hasn't even bothered to fill Dante in. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I couldn't help feeling for the Violet actor. She's had to do a lot of sad goodbye scenes in a fairly short amount of time. That's hard for adult actors, let alone kiddos.

She can legit submit those scenes for the younger performer Daytime Emmy.

18 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Dante is one of the few sane people on this show.

It irks me how badly used he is time and time again. DZ is good-looking, he can act, and Dante has ties to numerous characters. Why is he seldom seen, and when he is, it's usually in service to his nitwit girlfriend? 

• Like 12
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Jophielle Love needs all of the awards.  She was spectacular today. That felt like real tears because ME is leaving.  GUH  

She made me stop breathing when she sobbed, “ I thought you were dead like Grandpa!” The tears and halting voice were so intense that it was as if the scene was happening right in front of me instead of on TV. 

JL and ME were fantastic together. I’m so disappointed that ME is leaving. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
21 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

JL and ME were fantastic together. I’m so disappointed that ME is leaving. 

is this another Steve Burton Casualty? because I'll be mad if it was (I mean i;ll be mad if it wasn't but y'all know what i mean lol)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Boy, Gregory was really holding that family together by the skin of his teeth!

Sometimes that's the way it is; you don't know how much one person is so central to a family until they are gone. 

They did really speed up Finn's downhill slide, though! Gregory hasn't been dead a week, and Finn has gone as far as ordering liquor online and drinking around the clock. You'd think it would take a few months for him to get to that point. Of course, his refusal to listen to anyone has made everyone sure that he's going to hell in a handbasket, and he's done nothing to convince them otherwise. 

• Like 3

The Violet/Finn goodbye scenes were heartbreaking.  JL and ME really sold the characters' heartbreak and sadness.  As Dubbel Zout noted, she should submit for a younger Actor Emmy.  Strong stuff.

Carly is an idiot.

Sam is an even bigger idiot.

And only Joss would take it as a compliment that she is an example of someone who would need to be de-escalated by law enforcement.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

is this another Steve Burton Casualty? because I'll be mad if it was (I mean i;ll be mad if it wasn't but y'all know what i mean lol)

I've always thought Roger was a Burton casualty.  This could be a Jonathan Jackson Casualty.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She can legit submit those scenes for the younger performer Daytime Emmy.

Unfortunately, the Emmys did away with the award for younger performer.  

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1

At least 2 people today pointed out hacking the FBI is federal crime.  So glad that they realize this. Sam and Spinelli were just morons and deserves what they get, just like Carly does. Sam really thinks they'll not be caught.  

Will Spinelli take all the blame so Sam goes free, after all she has children. 🙄

So Jason has taught Danny to handle a gun and now motorcycles.  They're hiding the news his father is deadbeat who chooses Carly over him.  What ever happens to Danny nothing is ever Jason's fault.  

Michael Easton was great and class act. Those scenes over past few weeks are so good especially with Violet today. Sad to see him go. Wish him well. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
On 6/26/2024 at 3:11 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Same. I've already had enough. I'm glad his exit is that he's going to rehab.

I would have preferred that he became addicted to pain meds that were leftover from Gregory, but you can't say that Michael Easton didn't give it his all. God speed!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I laughed at how indignant Sam was that Dante was upset about her stupidly committing a crime. Like he said, Sam, you're making him an accessory to your crime. That endangers his job and his freedom. And if you both go to jail, who takes care of all of your kids? They all go to the Q Home For Abandoned Children? Laura can take on Rocco along with Ace? Maybe if Valentin gets his dumb ass sent to prison, Laura can add Charlotte to her roster, too? All of the kids in Port Charles who aren't Liz's or Maxie's kids will be divided up between the Q house and Laura's apartment? Maybe Laura and Tracy can hold a draft and pick who they each get. 

And, honestly, Sam, I know it's been a handful of years or so, but don't you remember when you were doing time and were so desperate to get out and be with your children?  Do you want a repeat of that so badly that you helped Spinelli pick pocket an FBI agent and encouraged him to hack into the FBI system? 

I'm in love with the tour of people telling Carly she's a dumbass. More, please! 

The Finn/Violet scenes were so well done and completely heartbreaking. I'm guessing that once Finn is done with rehab, he'll sign on with Doctors Without Borders for a while. That has to be the reason he was referencing his time with them recently. And this show loves to write a parent out to go do charity work and forget about their own kids. I hope that the show takes the opportunity of all these changes and loss in Violet's life to mature the kid up from the precocious kindergartner persona they've had her stuck in for years to something more like her actual age. Jophielle can actually act, but the way they've written her has been so obnoxious. 

Is the show just forgetting that Sonny was on the wrong med dose and off the rails? I mean, Sonny's baseline even while medicated is slightly off the rails, so he's not all calm and collected now, but he hasn't seemed nearly as short-tempered and hostile eve since shortly after the wedding scenes. 

Also, I'm kind of rooting for Carly to get together with Brennan. Not because I ship that or anything, but because I want her to hitch her wagon to another criminal and really embrace that that's who she is. And I don't want her to end up with Jason because I feel like that would be rewarding Carly for decades of being the absolute fucking worst. And I don't want her with Jagger because I want to be able to like him. 

10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

.  Even carly's "don't make me tell you my source" to Diane.  If it has to do with hacking, Diane knows it's Spinelli.  

The translation of Diane saying she knows not to ask was basically "I know it was Spinelli, because I'm not an idiot. And because I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to allow who it was to be said out loud."  

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
36 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I hope that the show takes the opportunity of all these changes and loss in Violet's life to mature the kid up from the precocious kindergartner persona they've had her stuck in for years to something more like her actual age. Jophielle can actually act, but the way they've written her has been so obnoxious.

I get why they want to keep Violet, but yeah- at this point having her do the cutesy 5-year old act makes zero sense. They have dropped it for the most part since Gregory died and I hope they continue writing her as someone who's 8.

• Like 6

@KerleyQ!!!!!!!

Ahem.

7 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

The translation of Diane saying she knows not to ask was basically "I know it was Spinelli, because I'm not an idiot. And because I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to allow who it was to be said out loud." 

Seriously. Both Cujo and Sam have to be the BIGGEST DUMBASSES this show has produced.

And I laughed when Diane told Cujo in what universe would Jason need HER to save him?

I think the actor they've got playing Brennan would have made an Excellent Jax recast actually. Plus, he's still got that Aussie accent.

And I guess I must have a cold, black heart, because those scenes with Finn and Violet did nothing for me.

Maybe it's because the actress sounds like she's got a cold and all her lines come off as someone speaking with a stuffed up nose. I don't know. But at least she's no longer speaking in "marble-mushed baby talk".  Still, if she can be shunted off to offscreensville, I'll be happy.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I think Carly lives under the delusion that she and Jason save each other from trouble when in reality, it’s Jason only constantly bailing her out. It’s probably the same delusion that allows her to see herself as this strong, independent, self made woman when she’s never done anything for herself and has gotten everything handed to her. Her trying to help Jason pretty much always also ends up with her screwing something up or getting herself in trouble yet again so Jason has to subsequently fix his own problems and hers. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And only Joss would take it as a compliment that she is an example of someone who would need to be de-escalated by law enforcement.

I laughed so hard at that. And at Dex basically telling her she's a total Karen and Joss is like, "Oooh, thanks!"

11 hours ago, sas616 said:

Unfortunately, the Emmys did away with the award for younger performer.  

That's a real shame.

53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I laughed when Diane told Cujo in what universe would Jason need HER to save him?

And that when Carly has tried, it's always ended up a complete mess.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1