Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Oh my God, they were going to do The Two Todds again. Yikes.

They already did when Steve came back in 2017 really, but this might have capped it off.

I’ve got nothing to add to the already brilliant comments about todays show. But did you see the previews of Michael in a black t-shirt and leather jacket? What the holy hell?????????

• Mind Blown 1
55 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

well of "what Jason and I have has no name."  Maybe this time around Carly will actually get back in his pants.

Me, during that scene, "What you and Jason have is named co-dependence."  With obsession thrown in, on Carly's side.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Me, during that scene, "What you and Jason have is named co-dependence."  With obsession thrown in, on Carly's side.

Half the time I'm not even sure Jason likes Carly, much less that he could love her. Yeah, he's at her beck and call just as much as he is Sonny's, but her obsessiveness over him is at direct odds with his borderline annoyance and/or indifference.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I know this is from yesterday's episode, but I really hate the fact that they are still going with Aiden-the-baker is gay. It just seems so stereotypical, and in this day and age should not be the story they are telling.

Aiden is a young teenager who enjoys baking and, in this moment, likes a smart boy.  Elizabeth assumes he's gay for these reasons. He may find he likes a girl in the future, or a boy and girl at different times in his life. The show has done the opposite of this, with Kristina. Teen Kristina was attracted to Kiefer and then Luke's retconned son, Ethan. She also was married briefly but I can't recall if she was actually attracted to him. When she got older, she found herself attracted to the (married) woman professor at college and they got involved.  Now she's in an actual relationship with a woman. I understand the show has established that Blaze is a lesbian, but Kristina's storylines for 10 + years indicate she's bi.

• Like 3

Jason really has Danny lying to his mother and asking him to lie.  Also teaching him about guns?  Father of year.  He shows he is a horrid person or parent. 

Totally opposite of Jake with Finn yesterday. 

Drew of all people is speaking truth on where Jason has been last 2 years. 

Surprised Jason recognized Danny at all.  

So the entire town knows about Jason already from The Invader? Way to rush a return. 

I really could care less about Blaze and her mother. 

Why is Heather still here? Does she have an infectious disease? " I will die before ..." Shouldn't she have been in a solitary long ago.  She is a serial killer. 

• Like 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

12 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Half the time I'm not even sure Jason likes Carly, much less that he could love her. Yeah, he's at her beck and call just as much as he is Sonny's, but her obsessiveness over him is at direct odds with his borderline annoyance and/or indifference.

For many many years, after Laura took over the role, she was constantly calling Jason her best friend, followed by constant “I Love yous”, and  Jason always responded with a heavy sigh, and weak, “me too.” It wasn’t until two years ago, with Mooby “dead” and suddenly they HAD to get married, that all the retcon/revisionist BULLSHIT was put into place.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3

I actually expected to be more outraged by the gun scene. But he didnt hand Danny the gun, just showed him the safety was on and how to check the safety if he ever had to pick up a gun. That was Jason's version of being a good parent. One of the few things I hate more than Jason Morgan is guns, but nothing about that scene glorified the gun. It was treated with respect.

When is the last time Sam and Laura shared a scene like that? I really liked it. They are using Laura correctly these days.

• Like 8

Was Wyndham's suddenly overrun with people buying black sweaters?  Sam, Michael, Carly.  All in mourning. 

Jason has been shot 9+ times (?)  This list isn't up-to-date, seeing as though it ends in 2012.  (Soapcentral.com)  I vaguely recall him getting shot in the side before (with Britt) in the GH car park? 

Shot by Moreno's men when their mob meeting went wrong [Nov 30, 1999]
Shot by an FBI agent [Feb 8, 2005]
Shot will attempting to rescue Samantha McCall from Manny Ruiz [Jul 4, 2006]
Shot by police [Nov 17, 2006]
Suffered a bullet graze to his arm [Jan 2009]
Shot in the shoulder by Sam McCall during the hospital bio-toxin crisis [Feb 2009]
Developed an infection after Jerry Jacks shot him and trapped Jason underneath the rubble of an abandoned church [Aug 2009]
Shot in the leg by Dr. Ewen Keenan while rescuing Elizabeth Webber from Dr. Keenan [Sep 2012]
Shot in the back by Cesar Faison (disguised as Duke Lavery) [Oct 19, 2012]

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I once read through a list of Carly's "crimes" on the GH wiki and it listed every time she slapped someone as an assault. It was a hilariously long list. But, yeah Swiss Cheese Morgan really is a medical marvel

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Was Wyndham's suddenly overrun with people buying black sweaters?  Sam, Michael, Carly.  All in mourning. 

Jason has been shot 9+ times (?)  This list isn't up-to-date, seeing as though it ends in 2012.  (Soapcentral.com)  I vaguely recall him getting shot in the side before (with Britt) in the GH car park? 

Shot by Moreno's men when their mob meeting went wrong [Nov 30, 1999]
Shot by an FBI agent [Feb 8, 2005]
Shot will attempting to rescue Samantha McCall from Manny Ruiz [Jul 4, 2006]
Shot by police [Nov 17, 2006]
Suffered a bullet graze to his arm [Jan 2009]
Shot in the shoulder by Sam McCall during the hospital bio-toxin crisis [Feb 2009]
Developed an infection after Jerry Jacks shot him and trapped Jason underneath the rubble of an abandoned church [Aug 2009]
Shot in the leg by Dr. Ewen Keenan while rescuing Elizabeth Webber from Dr. Keenan [Sep 2012]
Shot in the back by Cesar Faison (disguised as Duke Lavery) [Oct 19, 2012]

You forgot the first one-shot while dancing with Robin in the summer of 1997. This had Robin asking Mooby to fire Jason. Which led to their break up-and Steve did the BEST FUGLY crying and emoting. Robin left for the Sorbonne. But you knew they both still loved each other so very much. NO ONE has made him cry like Robin did.

• Like 8

Why is Heather being sent to a Federal prison? Were any of her crimes Federal? I know Laura and Robert pulled some strings but this seems a little ridiculous. Also Heather should probably be in a secure mental health facility for the criminally insane not prison

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I’ve got nothing to add to the already brilliant comments about todays show. But did you see the previews of Michael in a black t-shirt and leather jacket? What the holy hell?????????

LOL Omg.  There's been tons of talk on Reddit about how Chad is really hurting the 30-something set because he just is not sexy, brings no heat to any of his relationships.  Maybe this is their attempt at a new "I'm gonna sex you up" Michael?  hahaha

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

LOL Omg.  There's been tons of talk on Reddit about how Chad is really hurting the 30-something set because he just is not sexy, brings no heat to any of his relationships.  Maybe this is their attempt at a new "I'm gonna sex you up" Michael?  hahaha

Tbh, I find all of the show’s 30 somethings milquetoast, not just Michael. Chase/BL and Sasha/Cody are just dull, pretty people with no drama. The decisions to move away from BL being a schemer and whitewashing Sasha’s intro as a con artist were dumb because that age group desperately needs someone who brings soap. 

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Tbh, I find all of the show’s 30 somethings milquetoast, not just Michael. Chase/BL and Sasha/Cody are just dull, pretty people with no drama. The decisions to move away from BL being a schemer and whitewashing Sasha’s intro as a con artist were dumb because that age group desperately needs someone who brings soap. 

Oh for sure.  This was discussed at length.  But Michael has been in pairing after pairing and there has been zero heat in any of them. He is problem #1 in the 30 something set.  Amanda is problem #2. I mean, they are all problems to varying degrees.  Remember we were once getting Lusam in a hot tub as part of the 30 something set.  Think about that.  Compared to that we are now in a convent. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ffwbe said:

The Danny actor was carrying SBu today because he was giving nothing. Aside from that one episode with LW, he’s been pretty flat. It’s early in the game even for him to be checked out. 

100% this!  It’s like Steve spent all his energy in that one scene with Laura, now he’s back to flat Jason.  Honestly the last storyline Steve had any energy for was probably when Jason got together with Sam, helping her through losing her baby, etc.  Nowadays I see flashes of that guy (when he was supporting Britt, the scene with Carly..) but it’s rare.

15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't understand why they keep bringing him back. 

He’s really useless at this point.  Most of his former love interests are in relationships.  His children have father figures in their lives who are much more stable than he ever has been, not that he was ever really in his kids’ life begin with.  Even his boss has a new #2 guy.  So what will they do with him?

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
10 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I suspect that TPTB consider him the Luke for this generation..

Is your screen name inspired by Buffy?  The episode with Spike and the kitten poker?  I hope this isn't too personal to ask.  

• Like 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Is your screen name inspired by Buffy?  The episode with Spike and the kitten poker?  I hope this isn't too personal to ask.  

It is not too personal and It most certainly is!  😎

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Like 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Okay, now I never thought I would say this.. EVER.. but for the slenderest of moments, when Drew was grilling Carly and calling out her all consuming Jason love, I was Team Drew!  

I can only shake my head at his stupidity. Carly has never made it a secret that Jason will always be top priority in her life. It sucks for whatever guy she's with at the moment, but you can't say they haven't had any warning. It always amazes me the guys will stick around knowing that. Have some self-respect. But the allure of Carly is too great, I know. /s

12 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

He's said in the past that bringing Michael into his life is the reason he's not going to give up on Carly. And I kind of love Jason's annoying/indifference toward Carly. That's how everyone should feel. Of course, Jason still bails Carly out of whatever she's gotten her into, so his feelings become irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Remember we were once getting Lusam in a hot tub as part of the 30 something set. 

I think you mean the "hot but," not the hot tub. ;-)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 4
  • LOL 6

For a moment there, yesterday, I thought Danny was going to pick up the gun and aim it at Jason. Too bad he didn't.

Watching the scenes with Blaze and her mom, I got vibes from when Lucas told Bobbie that he was gay many moons ago. Same reaction. It's 2024, for goodness sakes.

I've never like Allie as Heather, so I hope she's gone now for good. Her yowling has made my ears bleed. And not for nothing, but Kevin is also Esme's "blood relative" Heather.

I mean, I know Heather is not all there, but I don't ever recall Heather Mattson's Heather acting like this. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Watching the scenes with Blaze and her mom, I got vibes from when Lucas told Bobbie that he was gay many moons ago. Same reaction. It's 2024, for goodness sakes.

Her mother's response represents how some people in society today think. I used to know a conservative religious woman who genuinely believed (in part due to "studies show ...") that identifying as gay came from a history of being sexually abused by a man. I also used to be friends with a woman who, as an adult, started identifying as bi. A mutual friend told me that before I met her, this woman had been engaged to a man. After she broke off the engagement, he convinced her he wanted to "talk" but didn't hear what he wanted when they were in the same space and he sexually assaulted her. Our mutual friend said this woman has had issues feeling safe with men ever since - she theorized that is why our friend said she is bi. So, Blaze's mom blaming Linc for Blaze's relationship with Kristina struck me as realistic esp. considering Blaze flat out told Kristina she's been in the closet re: her religious family up to this point. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 2

I actually didn’t mind the Blaze scene and was annoyed with her attitude toward her mother. She knows her mom is deeply religious and considers homosexuality a sin. She’s never even discussed the subject with her mother so how could her mom possibly know that Blaze is gay? Her angrily saying ‘I’ve been with women before!’ Was likely a total shock to her mother. Would it be nice if he mom was completely understanding and supportive? Of course, but she knew it wouldn’t be easy and was wrong to expect unconditional acceptance right away. Instead of getting angry and storming off, try having an actual conversation with her mother. Let her mother express her POV as well, and then gently correct her. ‘No mom, it’s not because of Linc. I’ve known for many years that I was gay, and have had relationships with other women. Do you remember my friend from HS? The one you liked so much and who spent a lot of time at the house? We were in a Romantic relationship but I was afraid to say anything because I didn’t know how you’d react.’ Something like that. ANYTHING to show that she’s an adult who knows what she wants. If her mom still refuses to listen,then get angry. *

*I have no personal experience with coming out so if I’m completely off base here, I apologize. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Interesting juxtaposition: Michael spouting to Danny the Word According to Carly (and him) about Jason and telling Danny he has to keep Jason's presence quiet, in one scene.  In another scene at the hospital, Danny's mother, crying, tells Carly to call the police if Jason contacts her. The look on Carly's face legit made me laugh.

I did not expect chem testing with Jordan right after he breaks up with Carly. I see you Jordan tryin' to get your flirt on. Is Drew really that stupid to not realize he was always a place holder/valued because he's Jason's twin?  NM, rhetorical question I guess.

Shut up, Sonny.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Is Drew really that stupid to not realize he was always a place holder/valued because he's Jason's twin?  NM, rhetorical question I guess.

maybe he thought it was different because this time they had sex. 

• LOL 6

Is today the first day SBu is in the opening slideshow? I haven't been paying close attention, and it caught my eye today.

As amazed as I am that men stick with Carly knowing that Jason will always be her top priority, I'm equally amazed that she's stunned when they break up with her because of that. Carly's about-face on Crimson was hilarious: She told Drew she didn't want to keep working there, but then when he says he can't see her every day now that they're kaput, she cries that she's being fired. 

Danny, how hard it is to explain to Michael that an injured Jason is in the boathouse and needs help? That's all you had to say. 

Way to make Willow an accessory after the fact, Michael, even if she went willingly like the blindingly obedient wife she is.

"Your intel is whack." LOL, what year are we in? I am now waiting for Marshall to call that doctor a turkey.

Not sure what Jordan was complaining about when she was very amenable to be a deputy mayor.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I did not expect chem testing with Jordan right after he breaks up with Carly. I see you Jordan tryin' to get your flirt on.

Well Jordan/Drew is better than Jordan/Brick.  But she had way more heat with Zeke. 

• Like 10

Why does Marshall think his doctor from 40+ years ago will have even the slightest clue who he is, never mind why he diagnosed him with schizophrenia? Does he think the doctor kept all his records and will pull them up in a matter of seconds? Wait, what am I asking? This is GH, of course that’s exactly what will happen! 🙄

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Why does Marshall think his doctor from 40+ years ago will have even the slightest clue who he is, never mind why he diagnosed him with schizophrenia? Does he think the doctor kept all his records and will pull them up in a matter of seconds? Wait, what am I asking? This is GH, of course that’s exactly what will happen!

He won't even need to find the records.  He'll take one look at Marshall and immediately remember that 37 years ago, Marshall was being a pest at demonstrations so he figured he would deliberately misdiagnose him with a mental health condition.  I mean, don't we all remember what work we were doing 37 years ago?  

• LOL 12
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

don't we all remember what work we were doing 37 years ago?  

I barely remember why I got off the sofa 5 minutes ago, and look for my phone when it’s in my hand. But yeah sure, I know exactly where I was and what I was doing 37 years ago! 🙄

• LOL 10

Sam: if Jason contacts you again, call the police.

Carly’s face: have you lost your mind?

love how in addition to breaking up with her, Drew also fired her lol! Not sure how I feel about Drew/Jordan but if he has to stick around, I guess it wouldn’t be awful. But damn the look on her face when he suggested setting up a meeting was ‘your bed or mine?’

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Didn't she quit weeks ago?

Yeah but then he said she was the best editor the magazine ever had so she said she’d stay

• Like 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Well Jordan/Drew is better than Jordan/Brick. 

I would think Jordan/Drew would be a bit awkward, considering that he ran over her (while he was temporarily blind).  I don't think you can come back from that, but, hey, that's just me.

Anything is better than Jordan/Brick.  The guy thinks he's such a ladies man.  <barf>

• LOL 3

Can't say that it's not delightful to see Carly get dumped. Even if it's by Drew.

Sam is holding the line with the whole call the cops if you see Jason again. Dare I hope that this "honeymoon" with Carly is done and over with?

Definitely testing the waters with Jordan and Drew.

The Ashford clan is useless. Is this the best the writers can come up with? I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

It was Marshall who abandoned his family without a word for decades.

They can miss me with all this 'lets track down the doctor and make him explain himself' 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
(edited)

Drew and Jordan together is my idea of a personal hell.

24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Ashford clan is useless. Is this the best the writers can come up with? I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. 

They always have been, with the exception of Trina and Portia who have only been kludged in with them for Curtis' benefit. I love Vi from Fresh Prince but she's the only one of the original clan I'd keep on a recurring basis. And Vinessa Antoine was very talented but Jordan as a character has never been more than a utility player.

Edited by jsbt
  • LOL 2

Any doctor who treated Marshall 40 years ago would be his age if not older or dead. This is a boondoggle of a story which sucks because this actually is a real social issue that we should talk about. These kinds of race-based misdiagnoses still happen today. But this fits and starts story carries no weight and is doing little to nothing to bring attention to the issue

• Like 13
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I would think Jordan/Drew would be a bit awkward, considering that he ran over her (while he was temporarily blind).  I don't think you can come back from that, but, hey, that's just me.

Not to mention that he and Jordan's ex-husband are supposed to be close friends. Curtis has zero romantic interest in Jordan now, but isn't there some bro code that you don't get with your buddy's ex?

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

It was Marshall who abandoned his family without a word for decades.

They can miss me with all this 'lets track down the doctor and make him explain himself' 

And noting the doctor lived in an upper class retirement community, as if THAT made him extra shady.  Like, 40 years ago he was taking kickbacks to misdiagnose people. 

I honestly thought Jason was going to wake up and shoot Willow.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
(edited)

He's a doctor, of course he's upper middle class. They don't take a vow of poverty. As if Portia didn't buy a beach house from a billionaire.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Like 9

Is Miss Wu really paranoid that Sonny is in cahoots with Jason on the assassination attempts in order to grab more territory or was she just putting on a show for Curtis and his dad?

• Useful 1

Between Spinelli's password being Maxie's name and Michael's phone being 1234 someone needs to have a conversation with these people about cybersecurity 

• Like 2
  • LOL 13