Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because HE'S IN PAIN. HE WAS LIED TO.

Sorry to get capsy, but it's all about Curtis right now and how he was done wrong. Who cares about anyone else when he's hurting?

Meanwhile Taggert's first thoughts were to comfort his daughter and reminder her she will always be his baby girl.  The only likable thing about Curtis is that he's a loyal friend to Nina. 

• Like 10
14 hours ago, Corvino said:

Awww, shucks. I was hoping Ryan would heroically deliver Esme's baby.

Ewww.  I wouldn't want my dad delivering my baby. 

That's a heck of a lot of booze Curtis consumed.  I dislike Bad things happen = go binge drink, used on this show way too often.   At least no one has to hold his hair back while he pukes.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

So very satisfying to see Mac shoot Ryan instead of Jordan. I would’ve shot him again, just to be sure though.

Why did they dress Liz in a garbage bag for a Valentine’s day wedding?

Portia only had a “Just Married” sweater to wear? Eww.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

AP is killing it. 
honestly like i said, i want her to get her memories back and face up to what she did but the amnesia basically shoves her firmly into gray territory and I am okay with that. have her walk the line - and again. put her her with Cam and let Joss's head explode. i am all for it. 

Taggert is showing why he's such a better and bigger man than Curtis. 
#KeepTrinaTaggerts

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Desperado said:

She could have at least turned it inside out, like they make you do at schools/airports when you violate a dress/decorum code.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Previews:

theyre baaaaack!

looks like the whole show tomorrow 

it was brood while it lasted. 

Just now, jacourt said:

Previews:

theyre baaaaack!

looks like the whole show tomorrow 

it was good while it lasted. 

• Sad 8
5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

She could have at least turned it inside out, like they make you do at schools/airports when you violate a dress/decorum code.

Apparently Trina bought Portia and Curtis each one. I want to see Curtis in his 😂

Count me in # KeepTrinaTaggert’s

Hell I’d be fine if she want to change her last name. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

AP and GF were really good during the birthing scenes.

Why would perfectly conscious Austin no want to talk with Ava? It’s not as if  she was responsible for him getting hooked. On the other hand, it’s goingto make it hard for him to carry a body.

I guess being the Mayor’s grandson allows you free passage to a crime scene, just so you can oggle your former girlfriend and your half-brother.

Saw the ABC previews and we are back to regular (Carly, Michael, Willow) programming tomorrow. Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

So very satisfying to see Mac shoot Ryan instead of Jordan.

YUP!! I actually clapped when Ryan went down and the camera panned to Mac with his gun aimed and the look of hatred in his eyes. All the kudos to John Y York for the way Mac handled approaching Ryan on the ground, and the restrained emotion as he was comforting Ava. It felt like he was seeing younger Felicia in her as he looked into her eyes.  Jordan appears with her gun ready to shoot after it's over, lol.

The emotional Ava-Felicia hug, Felicia and Mac embracing, the Mac and Kevin moment, Felicia and Kevin emotionally seeing for themselves that Ryan is dead - these veterans rocked it! 

Also excellent: Taggert telling Portia he is Trina's dad, period.  Portia looked so pathetic, wearing her "Just Married' sweatshirt from Trina and eagerly going to answer the door because she thought Taggert was Curtis, coming back to her. 

I liked the conflict playing in Spencer's face, as he saw his newborn brother for the first time and fought the urge to grab the bundle out of Esme's arms because she is gazing at her son with such loving adoration. Plus, paramedics around and all, lol

My one complaint: WHY did the cop just hold with one arm and keep letting Heather yell, lunge and rant when he was told repeatedly to get her away. If she's that difficult, have a second officer help to drag her away. Jordan was being useless, so she could have helped the cop instead of letting Heather get in Spencer's face.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 7

Yikes everyone wasn’t kidding about that preview. I hate or mostly ignore literally every single person in it. Does Drew save all of his pent up aggression towards Nina because he acts like the biggest doormat on the planet for everyone besides her. You know it’s because she makes it obvious that he isn’t the nice and honest person he wants to pretend to be since he enables all Carly’s trash behavior. It’s pathetic 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I hate birthing scenes.  Another overdone soap, sitcom, drama thing.  Plus it hasn't been too long (to me, anyway) since random stranger did that at Q's.  At least they stuck Random on the floor, instead of a white sofa. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

I would’ve shot him again, just to be sure though.

I'd have emptied my clip into Ryan to be sure, LOL. Jordan pronouncing him dead cracked me up.

I love how Kevin asked Mac about Ryan, like he (Kevin) wasn't sure if he wanted Ryan to be dead or alive, and Mac dreaded telling him. Very delicate work by both. I also liked Felicia knew Kevin would be feeling conflicted because as horrible as Ryan was, Kevin still lost a brother, and a twin at that.

Tomorrow looks rough, LOL.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

oh previews show that i am goin to be saying "shut up Drewfus" a lot

Drewfus's picture should be used as target practice on a dart board. And CM's teeth are too white. 

I can't stand 90% of the characters they showed in that preview.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
56 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I guess being the Mayor’s grandson allows you free passage to a crime scene, just so you can oggle your former girlfriend and your half-brother.

Does he have any other place to live? I know it's Ava's, but still.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I hate birthing scenes.  Another overdone soap, sitcom, drama thing.  Plus it hasn't been too long (to me, anyway) since random stranger did that at Q's.  At least they stuck Random on the floor, instead of a white sofa. 

I don’t mind them if they are well done. Laura was great with Esmé, such a comforting presence. 
LOL , all I could think of was that damned white couch! I want a scene of Ava having it taken out by servants to the burn pile. 
The vets were simply magnificent. 👏🏻

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, RedElf said:

He’s living with his uncle now, at the hotel I think? He could easily stay with Laura or Alexis, this was just to manufacture additional drama.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, RedElf said:

He is living with Sonny at the downsized Penthouse.

I thought today was again excellent. I shouted in glee when Mac shot Ryan dead. That is decades worth the wait. I chuckled at Ryan's last words.

I thought that GP and AP had great chemistry back when Esme was living with Laura and they had the real conversation about Esme's attitude and trying to make a real effort in making friends. It was more evident today as Esme leaned in towards Laura's strength and Laura was completely receptive to her.

Also there was never going to be a baby switch as Esme had a boy and he is actually the size of a newborn.

25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd have emptied my clip into Ryan to be sure, LOL. Jordan pronouncing him dead cracked me yup.

If they didn't show the paramedics zipping him up and then showing Ryan looking really, really dead, I would have suspected Jordan of messing up and Ryan being still alive.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

My one complaint: WHY did the cop just hold with one arm and keep letting Heather yell, lunge and rant when he was told repeatedly to get her away. If she's that difficult, have a second officer help to drag her away. Jordan was being useless, so she could have helped the cop instead of letting Heather get in Spencer's face.  

I think the point was so that Heather would reveal to Esme that she was her mother and for Esme to completely shut out Heather from being near her child.

Also we got a  name for the detective. Detective Bennett. Now we just need to learn his first name.

Taggert - biology or not, Trina will always be your daughter. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

Why did they dress Liz in a garbage bag for a Valentine’s day wedding?

I originally accused Ava of wearing a garbage bag dress..... then I saw what Liz was wearing, YIKES!

I was happy to see Portia changed, but a white sweat shirt??  How can you stress eat chocolate ice cream or BBQ chips wearing that. And I guess it was cute that Trina bought matching ones for P&C but YIKES if they actually wore them on the way to their honeymoon.

10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

He could easily stay with Laura

I imagine Esme and Baby will be living with Laura and Kevin now. Will they put Spence in there too and make drama for Spencer and Trina???

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jordan pronouncing him dead cracked me up.

Or when Esme ran in and collapsed in Laura's arms Jordan was "Esme keep your hand where I can see them"   and was reaching for her gun😆

GF has this Call the Midwife fan's seal of approval 👍🏻  at least the baby looked the appropriate size

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Those Portia/Trina mother/daughter scenes are some of the strongest organic drama the show has put out in a long time. I've said Tabyana Ali was a superior recast from the jump and I'm glad she's kept proving it over the last year. Even if I still don't give a damn about the secret, Curtis or his weird dad.

Pretty bonkers that Portia's family leaves before the wedding reception is over! I assume that when more than 3 non-white folks are on for multiple consecutive episodes Frank worries someone in the audience will call 911.

The awkward reaction shots of everyone trying to react to Marshall's much-hyped, tinny-sounding barely-there flute playing like he's Will Ferrell in Anchorman made me wish it had turned out that he is in fact a terrible musician after the 40-year wait.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
14 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think the point was so that Heather would reveal to Esme that she was her mother and for Esme to completely shut out Heather from being near her child.

I understand that it was so Heather could have her "I'm your mother" reveal. so she could tell Esme - with Laura and other witnesses present - why she did the Hook killings, and so Esme would shut her out, but that could have been accomplished with much less dialogue, ranting, and movement. The cop was barely trying. Then Heather was doing the same thing when they arrived back on the pier in front of Jordan and Spencer. I thought "seriously, why aren't there two cops restraining and forcibly moving her along?!"

• Like 5

Scorpio would never have allowed this foolishness on his watch, not like terrible Third Jordan. Robert and his gigantic '80s supercomputer would've been on the case! Remember that thing? That's what you get when you turn Scorpio into the DA for no fucking reason. Poor old man stuck boning up on tort law, wishing he was in the Seychelles killing terrorists with an exploding shoe and boffing supermodels again.

Edited by jsbt
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Will Ava and Austin blame Ryan for Nik's death?

Only if Jordan finds the body (doubt it) or if she was running forensics. Nik was already dead a least a day or two before Ryan's escape.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Nik was already dead a least a day or two before Ryan's escape.

Just one day, GH time.  And the longer they don't find him, the harder it would be to pinpoint.

I still prefer the idea of them going to move the body and it's gone.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1

And now, more Bold Takes:

These repetitive Valentin/Anna safehouse scenes remind me of when Prospect Park's online OLTL very clearly only had Roger Howarth available for like two more days and clumsily shot almost the entire second half of his storyline in a hotel room where his character and friends would stand around, talk about their plans for the evil baddies (sometimes to himself) and then later come back to the hotel room talking about what they’d done re: said baddies elsewhere offscreen lol. I understand that while I may personally believe Valentin has all the commanding menace and charisma of Pee Wee Herman, Frank Valentini is absolutely smitten with JPS and is working with his recurring schedule but give me a break. Move this along or let Anna burn the place down the next time Valentin takes to the piano.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
45 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I was happy to see Portia changed, but a white sweat shirt??  How can you stress eat chocolate ice cream or BBQ chips wearing that. And I guess it was cute that Trina bought matching ones for P&C but YIKES if they actually wore them on the way to their honeymoon.

This isn't the first marriage for either of them, and they aren't 25. I guess we should be glad Portia's sweatshirt didn't say "Dr. Mrs. Curtis Ashford."

• LOL 8

I know that Ryan was a psychopathic killer but I wish that they hadn't killed him. He and Heather have really made the show much more enjoyable these past weeks. The show needs some fun craziness to counteract the toxicity of the Carlys stories.

I thought that it was clever of Spence to think of Wyndermere when Trina said that she needed a safe place to stay. Of course, it wasn't exactly safe at the moment...

If there is any sense to the show, Spencer's idea of taking custody of the baby will die a well-deserved death and Esmè and the baby will move in with Laura and Kevin. Grandmother and great-uncle should trump young adult half-brother.

I wish that the writers would watch a few episodes of Call the Midwife because the actors did their best (AP's scream when she  heard that Heather is Esmè's mother was gorgeous) but the writing was terrible.

4 hours ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

It also makes no sense that Heather was willing to let Ava and Felicia go when just a few months ago, she wanted Ava dead badly enough to stab her with a hook. Or was that supposed to be some kind of trick?

I wonder if the first hooking was Mason trying to get rid of Ava. And then Heather got the idea.

Or maybe Heather underestimated Ryan's obsession with Ava and she had enough of it.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That flashback Curtis had to when Trina was living with him and Portia because of the Hooker scare got me angry all over again. Trina was basically forced to be there, and Curtis has the nerve to tell her she has to obey his rules? I mean, fundamentally he's not wrong, but he seemed to have lost all perspective of why she was there. He was just puffed up to play discipline dad. Ugh.

Curtis has the worst baby rabies, so obsessed with passing his genes on, unlike Taggart who appreciates the relationship.

If Portia had any sense, now is when she would be regretting divorcing Taggart. Sometimes the fantasy needs to remain a fantasy.

8 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Will Ava and Austin blame Ryan for Nik's death?

A decent coroner would determine that Nik died when Ryan was still in Spring Ridge. But this show....

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Desperado said:

Why would perfectly conscious Austin no want to talk with Ava? It’s not as if  she was responsible for him getting hooked. On the other hand, it’s going to make it hard for him to carry a body.

I got the impression it was the nurse who was being firm about him not being able to have visitors.

I didn't quite get the exchange that Ava had with Mac before the others got there -- something about how the official story doesn't have to include something or another that Ava did? If it's that she shot Ryan as well, that's with a different gun so that would be hard for Mac to explain.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Blackie said:

And I guess it was cute that Trina bought matching ones for P&C but YIKES if they actually wore them on the way to their honeymoon.

As I keep thinking, Portia has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A decent coroner would determine that Nik died when Ryan was still in Spring Ridge. But this show....

It's this show and Ryan was obsessed with Ava, so it will all add up for Commish extraordinaire Jordan.

I feel like Jordan's detecting skills have gotten worst every time the character has been recast. 

She has solved absolutely nothing in this case. Dante and Sam found out that Ryan was Esme's father. Alexis figured out that Heather was the Hook and Kevin figured out that Heather is Esme's mother. Mac found Ava and killed Ryan.

She is so useless.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I didn't quite get the exchange that Ava had with Mac before the others got there -- something about how the official story doesn't have to include something or another that Ava did? If it's that she shot Ryan as well, that's with a different gun so that would be hard for Mac to explain.

I think that Ava was trying to kill an unarmed Ryan but the gun ran out of bullets.

When Ava was looking at the hospital forms and she had to write down the emergency contact, I think she smiled because she was going to list Trina as her go to person.

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Or Wifey for Lifey

She also looks too young to be TJ's mom.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Those Portia/Trina mother/daughter scenes are some of the strongest organic drama the show has put out in a long time. 

I was honestly worried Tabyana wouldn’t be up the challenge but she’s been excellent for the past few weeks. Hope she keeps it up because she’s going to be front and center, which is where Trina should be. 

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I imagine Esme and Baby will be living with Laura and Kevin now. Will they put Spence in there too and make drama for Spencer and Trina???

Or when Esme ran in and collapsed in Laura's arms Jordan was "Esme keep your hand where I can see them"   and was reaching for her gun😆

GF has this Call the Midwife fan's seal of approval 👍🏻  at least the baby looked the appropriate size

I hope it’s the opposite and Cameron stops by often. It’s a bit of a crack ship but I’m still on it. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
Just now, racked said:

I was honestly worried Tabyana wouldn’t be up the challenge but she’s been excellent for the past few weeks. Hope she keeps it up because she’s going to be front and center, which is where Trina should be. 

I hope it’s the opposite and Cameron stops by often. It’s a bit of a crack ship but I’m still on it. 

I am on the same crack!  lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 2