Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I try not to pay attention to Carly b/c I hate the character, but I was really put off by her in Tuesday's episode w/Nina. Maybe you guys have hit on why I hate her Carly so much.

IMO, she should have been ashamed in those scenes. She should have shown some regret or remorse for her actions, but she was as self-righteous and smug as ever!! I wasn't expecting that, and it did not work for me. It's like her character can never just be wrong. Laura refuses to play her that way, and EM has adopted the same attitude for the horrific Josslyn. When she was so cold, uncaring, but also ridiculously self-righteous to Cam about his stepfather dying, I was disgusted w/her. To me, Cameron should have written her off then. Josslyn is Carly's mini-me.  Today, she was so smug and obnoxious w/Spencer knowing she cheated on Cam, and that Dex is a LARGE reason why she ditched Cam! 

As @One Tough Cookie said, they are not bringing any nuance to their characters, which isn't good and doesn't make for enjoyable viewing. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

It's really interesting how much better Mo is with Cynthia than most* of the other cast. No wonder he talks up Sonny/Nina as a great relationship. I think he feels really safe with her, and that helps him be more conversational. He has other scene partners who are good actors, but maybe aren't as keyed into his wavelength, and you can feel the other actors straining for him to get the words out.

*I think his scenes with Genie are a similar relaxed vibe as those with CW, but I couldn't swear to it.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1

This is one of the rare cases that I doubt they’ll throw Cam under the bus for Joss. Carly will enable Joss, Michael will get annoyed that Dex is banging his sister but will quickly get over it, and Trina will probably say she understands because she always does. Spencer will be outraged on Cam’s behalf and she’ll lash out at him in return but they weren’t that close anyway and Cam will go back offscreen. Joss wasn’t really close with anyone else so the rest of the town won’t care. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Esme to Heather, "Hey I just met you and this is crazy...and yeah that's it, that's the entire song". 

Dear Portia and Curtis, the man said no, stop being assholes and accept it and move on.  Also stop being gross about your honeymoon. You're both adults and can therefore bang with impunity so you don't need a honeymoon as an excuse.  

Spencer just has everyone's number. He saw right through Joss and knows Cam is going to be too quick to forgive her when Spencer suspects there's more going on with that breakup.  I have an idea I'm also going to love his team up with Ava.  The writers and actor have used Spencer's backstory and really made him into an interesting character and I think this is what bothers me so much about Michael and Willow. Both Michael and Willow have backstories that should give them tons of layers, Michael was kept away from his biological father's family and raised in the mob and Willow was taken from her biological family and raised in a cult. Michael should really be a shades of gray character, but he's only allowed to stay angry at Sonny and Carly for anything for about 5 seconds (and usually for the wrong reasons) and Willow should have some serious issues from how she was raised but all she does is just sit around and be pure of heart and likes whatever Michael likes and doesn't like whatever Michael doesn't like and that's not a personality trait! There's so many directions they could have taken these two characters and instead they're just wallpaper paste.  

I actually like Sonny with Nina, he's softer with her and I think the actors enjoy working together. Hopefully he can keep Nina from losing a few marbles if the bone marrow doesn't match. His trying to calm her down with "You know Donna needs a lollipop at the doctor, can I get you anything?" was oddly charming.  It's way better than watching him and Carly scream at each other. There's really nothing I can add about the hellbeast and her justifications that hasn't already been said. 

The whole Fronch storyline is boring. Just bring Lucy back so she can have scenes with Colonel Tad.  

• Like 12
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Desperado said:

So Curtis’ dad stopped playing solos to avoid episodes that never happened in 40 years (!) and he still refuses to get a second opinion? Make it make sense because right now, Hat Man is much too pathetic. I liked him better when he appeared to be a villain in hiding.

I do appreciate though that Portia is now plainly telling him she thinks he’s been misdiagnosed, though for whatever reason he doesn’t want to get a second opinion

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DanaK said:

though for whatever reason he doesn’t want to get a second opinion

Marshall made a lot of sacrifices to keep his children safe when he thought that he was dangerous to them. To find out now that it was all for nought and he could have stayed with his wife and sons would be devastating.

1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Personally, I feel that LW makes some bad acting choices by never showing any vulnerability or doubt about her actions.  But that's not going to change.

What's strange to me is that she seems to be doing it deliberately with this story.  She will look defensive or hurt when someone is telling her that she it wasn't her decision to make and then someone will say something about Nina's right or her pain and she'll get an angry or malicious look on her face as if she's relishing Nina's pain. It's a deliberate choice because she switches from defensive to malicious but it doesn't make her sympathetic at all.

• Like 15
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What's strange to me is that she seems to be doing it deliberately with this story.  She will look defensive or hurt when someone is telling her that she it wasn't her decision to make and then someone will say something about Nina's right or her pain and she'll get an angry or malicious look on her face as if she's relishing Nina's pain. It's a deliberate choice because she switches from defensive to malicious but it doesn't make her sympathetic at all.

She’s giving off the impression that Carly is pretending like she’s sorry or feels bad when she’s around Willow Michael, and Drew to elicit sympathy because the switch flips the moment Nina is mentioned. I don’t know if it’s intentional or not but it’s giving Carly putting on an act for her loved ones so they don’t think she’s a sociopath. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She’s giving off the impression that Carly is pretending like she’s sorry or feels bad when she’s around Willow Michael, and Drew to elicit sympathy because the switch flips the moment Nina is mentioned. I don’t know if it’s intentional or not but it’s giving Carly putting on an act for her loved ones so they don’t think she’s a sociopath. 

She is sorry for Willow and Michael because those are the people that she cares about. She hates Nina so she doesn't give flippity flip about her or her feelings. She has a I dunno what you call relationship with Drew (have they even slept together yet) so she doesn't want to lose him.

When I was watching scenes with Joss and Michael today, I kept thinking Eden McCoy has grown into such a beautiful woman. Her hair looks fabulous.

When was the last time GH had a big wedding? Because I saw a tweet from the filming of the wedding and it looks like it may be a big production with a least more than 5 people in attendance.

Is Liesl going to make her way to tormenting Esme? That actually put her in the pathway with Britt's murderer.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, nilyank said:

When was the last time GH had a big wedding? Because I saw a tweet from the filming of the wedding and it looks like it may be a big production with a least more than 5 people in attendance.

Hah, probably Jason and Carly's wedding. You know, the one where EVERYONE in Port Charles was gushing over how in love they were, and how, really, they were always meant to be. When Michael talked about how, in his deepest heart of hearts, he always wished that his mom was with Jason. The one where even Monica was happy for the bride and groom. Where love overflowed heavy throughout the room because this was a love 20+ years in the making.

Oh, but then Sonny came back and there went that love story because that DASTARDLY NINA KEPT HIM AWAY FROM HIS TRUE LOVE CARLY FOR NINE MONTHS!

Oops! I wonder what will happen at this one! Dare we hope another car explosion that might hopefully succeed in taking Joss out for realsies? Or maybe the Hook will finally pull a third times the charm?

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

If I were still capable of being flabbergasted, I would have been when Carly said Sonny was the one who had taught her that sometimes it's necessary to do questionable things in the best interests of the people you care about. She was doing questionable things from the minute she hit town! She did questionable things for years when she was involved with Tony, AJ, and Jason (who was in a relationship with someone else for most of that time). Sonny wasn't even giving her the time of day until 1999-2000.  

If she's claiming she was his student, it must have been a "Juilliard masterclass" situation, where she already knew all the fundamentals and was just getting points in refinement from an older great artist.  

But as above, I'm not capable of being flabbergasted anymore. Carly just writes her own story.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

But as above, I'm not capable of being flabbergasted anymore. Carly just writes her own story.  

Which even the show is aware of of given Sonny’s comment about the PR campaign she has going on in her head. I truly think she’s delusional enough to believe the crap she says.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I were still capable of being flabbergasted, I would have been when Carly said Sonny was the one who had taught her that sometimes it's necessary to do questionable things in the best interests of the people you care about.

Yeah, Carly was doing questionable things long before she met Sonny but even if that were true I love how Sonny acknowledged his toxic behavior, and said that people can at least try to change.  He’s trying to do things differently.  That’s when she just walked out, because what could she say to that?  She refuses to change, and that’s what broke them up in the first place.  

• Like 13
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah, Carly was doing questionable things long before she met Sonny but even if that were true I love how Sonny acknowledged his toxic behavior, and said that people can at least try to change.  He’s trying to do things differently.  That’s when she just walked out, because what could she say to that?  She refuses to change, and that’s what broke them up in the first place.  

The look she gave (one of LW's go-to's) was one of disgust.  Like HOW DARE Sonny want to stop being a toxic, shitty person, even for one second. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1

Carly’s always been the worse of the 2 in my eyes. Despite Sonny’s many, many faults, he’s been able to maintain various friendships over the years with semi-decent people. Prior to 2022, Carly’s only friend was Jason, save the couple years the equally shitty Courtney was around. Even with Courtney, I only saw that friendship working with TB in the role because her Carly wasn’t Jason obsessed like the others. She clung onto Jason the way she did because no one else would put up with her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Marshall made a lot of sacrifices to keep his children safe when he thought that he was dangerous to them. To find out now that it was all for nought and he could have stayed with his wife and sons would be devastating.

I'd think it would be a relief to him that he doesn't have schizophrenia and can in no way pass it on. (I know Curtis passed the genetic tests with flying colors, but this is GH, after all.)

9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Eden McCoy has grown into such a beautiful woman. Her hair looks fabulous.

I wish they'd dial back her makeup. I know that HD requires extra work, but they slather the makeup on the younger women. They don't seem to do that with the older women.

• Like 2

I was not aware that playing a clarinet solo (versus with a band) could be a trigger. That was such a random way to create more schizophrenia drama. BUT, if Marshall says it causes him extreme stress, then he should take care of himself, so WTF with Curtis pushing him so hard and Portia guilting him with how he should "be there" for Curtis. Didn't bridezillas go out in the 90's?! Does anybody really want to hear Kenny G at the wedding? (Cuz you know Portia would go there!) 

Joss to Michael: "I'm just saying, take some time before you talk to mom. (...and then just go ahead and totally forgive her, cuz she and I are pretty much the exact same person, and our lies and scheming are always justified, and ps. we're awesome.)"  

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

"I'm glad we have a donor but why does it have to be Nina?"

Not only was the comment gross and petty on the surface but Joss should really sit this one out considering that she’s only standing here today due to a kidney that was stolen from a child who happened to be Nina’s other daughter 

• Like 7
  • Applause 11

I was on the Barge for a looong time, but before I left, I don't recall seeing (even while fast forwarding) Nina "torturing" Weeping Willow. What torture is she referring to? And everyone keeps acting as if Nina was trying to wrest custody of Wiley AWAY from the SLS and the SPO* (Sainted Pure One), when all she wanted was visitation rights.

Lightning should be striking SLS every time he opens his mouth about Nina.

That said, I'm enjoying him not forgiving Cujo. Because there isn't one ounce, scintilla of remorse from her for hiding this knowledge. The latter is no surprise.

If Brenda and Robin were still on the show, they'd be ripping into her as well.

*This will be my moniker for Willow henceforth.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

They all exaggerate when it comes to Nina. Was Nina rude to Willow on occasion? Yes. Did they get into arguments? Sure. But Nina never set out to destroy that witch's life or cause her pain. She has only ever fought to see her grandchild. That's it. That's her huge crime. 

It's so OTT . . . I just can't. Nina has not been tormenting or bullying stupid Willow.

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sainted Pure One

This gets my vote.

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

If I were still capable of being flabbergasted, I would have been when Carly said Sonny was the one who had taught her that sometimes it's necessary to do questionable things in the best interests of the people you care about. She was doing questionable things from the minute she hit town!

Yes, but she was doing questionable things for herself.  Sonny taught her to do questionable things for the people she cares about. So good for him?

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Which even the show is aware of of given Sonny’s comment about the PR campaign she has going on in her head. I truly think she’s delusional enough to believe the crap she says.

But she's still the matriarch of the show instead of someone like Laura, and everyone is always telling Carly what a wonderful person she is. If the show really believed that she was delusional, they need to stop reinforcing it with everyone from Willow to Sam to Brick to departed Epiphany.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd think it would be a relief to him that he doesn't have schizophrenia and can in no way pass it on. (I know Curtis passed the genetic tests with flying colors, but this is GH, after all.)

Portia is the one obsessed with the genetics, not Marshall. IIRC Marshall left and disappeared because he was afraid that he would hurt his family. I can understand if he doesn't want to find out that his sacrifices was for naught.

But I may be influenced by the fact that I find someone Curtis' age so focused on passing on his genes off-putting.

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think Eden is a pretty girl but frankly, she’s gotten a disturbing amount of work done since turning 18. I wish I couldn’t recognize it so easily because it makes me feel bad for these young actresses to feel pressured to start so early and usually leads them to looking scary by the time they’re in their 30s

Case in point, Valentine's old flame in Paris.

In her scenes yesterday, I thought that Eden was wearing so much makeup that her features were almost erased.  I was taught that full makeup means putting on a foundation that erases you and then you start drawing the face that you want to have but it's really a pity to do that with a person who is attractive in their own right.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Ugh, Curtis and Portia.  No means no.  If Marshall doesn't want to play at your wedding it's not that big of a deal.  

And, Sonny, I don't know if someone who runs the mob and at least occasionally has people killed can claim the moral high ground. Just my opinion on that.

The one thing I will agree with Carly on is that Nina and Willow's bad relationship is not all on her.

And at least Michael is being consistent saying that he will never forgive Carly.  He should have better things to do than worry about his stupid plan against Sonny.

And Spenser, Joss and Cameron aren't married.  There doesn't have to be some big reason for Joss to break up with him.

And I'm not sure what has happened to the universe when Liesl is one of the most reasonable people on the show.

• LOL 1

Between buying the house, this big wedding, and Trina's college, I wonder if Portia and Curtis have to cut costs somewhere and was hoping Marshall would do the music so they wouldn't have to hire a band or a DJ. 

• LOL 9
14 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

Esme to Heather, "Hey I just met you and this is crazy...and yeah that's it, that's the entire song". 

And here's this bracelet, so friend me maybe.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

It's so OTT . . . I just can't. Nina has not been tormenting or bullying stupid Willow.

She accused her of having an affair.  She yelled at her for not helping Sasha when even without knowing she had leukemia was ridiculous.  She did know she was pregnant and had cut back on her hours, so maybe there was a reason for that, plus kudos to the make up department an the acting because I totally buy that Willow is practically at death's door.  And, IDK if she heard or not, but she called Michael and Willow selfish for waiting on the chemo.

Willow's done stuff, too, but Nina has done more than just try to visit Wiley.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Katy M said:

She accused her of having an affair.  She yelled at her for not helping Sasha when even without knowing she had leukemia was ridiculous.  She did know she was pregnant and had cut back on her hours, so maybe there was a reason for that, plus kudos to the make up department an the acting because I totally buy that Willow is practically at death's door.  And, IDK if she heard or not, but she called Michael and Willow selfish for waiting on the chemo.

None of this equals "torture" to me; and Cujo wasn't there to witness Nina's words. So again, I ask. What torture was laid upon the SPO?

• Like 4
  • Applause 7

I didn’t mind Nina calling Willow out for not being there for Sasha even if she had to yell to do it. it’s true and Willow’s response said it all. She was dismissive and said she didn’t realize Sasha was struggling. Anyone who spent 30 seconds with Sasha could tell and people who barely knew her were consoling her while her supposed best friend couldn’t manage 5 minutes of her time. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Willow's done stuff, too, but Nina has done more than just try to visit Wiley.

None of that equals bullying or torture. We're talking about isolated incidents. Like I said before, if that TJ accusation had actually caused problems btw Michael and Willow and led to some actual drama, I would give it some weight but it didn't. It basically forced Willow to reveal something she should have revealed months ago! It was a big, fat nothing burger in terms of her lame relationship. 

I pretty much agreed w/every word Nina said to Willow during that fight about Sasha. I have yet to see Willow be there for her "good friend" Sasha the same way Sasha is constantly there for her. Willow is a crap friend. And AFAIC, the show made both Nina and Carly blind to how horrible Willow looked on occasion, which was done to service this lame plot so I gave them both passes for not noticing how sick Willow appeared at times. 

My main point is Nina, for the most part, has left Willow alone. She hasn't been bothering or harrassing Willow on a daily or even weekly basis. She definitely hasn't been bullying or torturing her. It's just not that serious, IMO. Nina is annoying and a busybody - not the worst crimes in the world in MY opinion. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to this show - I'm half watching (it's a lot of boring ppl today so I've been muting a lot) but I already have thoughts. 

I really enjoy the chemistry btw Roger and Maura. I did when they were Franco and Ava, and I could w/Austin and Ava. They should let those two hook up. They can heal each other's broken hearts. Plus, Roger is looking very clean and good these past couple of days. I love his hair right now, and that suit shirt and pants looked really good on him! He's quite attractive to me. 

When I glanced up - I read Josslyn say something like "so in six months from now you'll tell me why you're working for Sonny" or whatever . . . . . . so is this Sonny revenge plot really going to drag out for the NEXT SIX MONTHS?!?! If so, I'm so done. I mean . . . I was done already but I may not even check this show out at 2 pm anymore. I'll just read the boards to see if anything interesting happens. SIX MONTHS?!?! The pacing on this show is awful. They need to be done w/this boring plot already. 

Hatman shouldn't have apologized to Pushy Portia! He was right. She needs to mind her own business. I muted them once Curtis showed up but let that man deal w/his mental health in his own way. As @statsgirl pointed out yesterday, I understand why Hatman doesn't want to know he doesn't have schizophrenia. He made some serious life choices for that reason, and to find out it was all for naught has to be tragic. But was he never medicated? I don't pay attn to Marshall usually so I'm not sure. 

Please Cameron . . . . find that witch in bed w/Dex! Please! He needs a freaking wake up call when it comes to that witch. 

Well, Carly got no consequences. I shouldn't be surprised. GH has been really bad lately about delivering on these plots they drag out. It's just not worth the investment. You wait and wait and wait, and then it fizzles. There are no big blowouts. No slaps. No tears. No relationships "forever" changed. It's all so boring. I really wonder why GH wastes our time w/plots like these. 

I'm muting Fiz. I just don't care for these two, but it's clear they'll be getting back together soon. I wish they hadn't made him so annoying when Liz asked for some space. He was just so pushy. That sort of ruined them for me, but then I wasn't very interested in them in the first place. 

ETA: Mason is back. Ugh. Can they get to the point w/this already? I've muted so maybe I'm missing something important. I doubt it though. LOL! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2

I’m sure they’ll have Dex switch sides and work for Sonny for real soon enough. There’s no path for him to stay on the show if he betrays Sonny and they’re clearly using his working for the mob as a replacement for charisma or a general personality. Without a mob job, he’d be another Brando. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Most truthful line of the day goes to Michael :  "If it was me that found our from Harmony that NIna was Willow's mother I probably would have kept the secret too"  yes, you are your mother's son

Most untrue line of the day, Liz to Violet: " When are you going to stop growing, its out of control".  That kid has only grown an inch in the time she has been on the show. Although her speech did seem a lot clearer. (ok slightly)

Most ridiculous line of the day Joss : " So I'm not being selfish?"  hahaha don't worry, it sounds like Dex aims to please

and Nicholas, we ALL call Victors bluff: just get ON with it, what ever your big plans for this family are

Yaa Cam can go on his Europe tour now

• Like 4

By this point we should know what Dex's real purpose is, but we're still clueless. He's been on for months. I'm not sure where they are going w/him. I don't care about Dex. He's boring if you ask me and whatever his reason is is probably boring too!

I'm done w/GH. It's a boring soap. There is no actual drama on this show. At least Austin grabbed up Mason for a minute just now. LOL! This show is straight boring. 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

i was watching it last night (I had to laugh. i have 81 episodes recorded LMAO so i might just ask you guys for specific dates/months i should catch up on the skinny). This legit would have been the story to let Carly as a character grow. She hid Nina's child from her again for whatever perceived reason she had in her head again. and it could cost Willow or the Baby (or both) their lives.

Carly should legit be facing some social pariah-ism for this. (at least for a little while). not just from Michael but from everyone You are going to make Carly the matriarch of the show. whatever. but at least make her feel the utter consequences of this decision. [i mean i would start with Making Willow + her Baby die to really drill it home]. but everyone is like "Oh yah Carly, I understand."

understand what? that Carly hated Nina so much that she honoured the wishes of the woman who kidnapped, sex trafficked her daughter, and then murdered to keep that secret? Like again no matter how much you wanna hate Nina's actions. Nina's first reaction was to call carly and tell Carly Sonny was alive. And then when she got all dumb and fell iin love with him, at least she pushed Sonny to figure things out on his own.  Carly's first action was to keep it secret and would have until she was forced to. AGAIN.

but Nina is the evul. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

@Daisy - It's really not that shocking. GH has failed to deliver on several storylines, and they see Carly as the heroine of the show. Whatever she does is good so folks were angry for two seconds. They were never going to portray her in a bad way or have anyone really be angry w/her.

I'm not sure why they write the show in this way b/c it's boring but that's just what they do. 

• Like 6

Michael, that was the fastest journey from "I'll never forgive her" to "It's all good" that I've eve seen.  And, really did you just say that Carly only made one mistake.  Look, I'm all for forgiving people.  Life's too short. But, if you're going to forgive  Carly, maybe at least stop trying to "take down Sonny."  

I don't really know what he big deal about Cam discovering Dex is.  Sure, Joss did cheat on him but she's not now they've broken up.  If show wanted to go for drama have this happen last week before the break up.

Are Ava and Austin going to be a thing now?  I always assume when they stick a male and female character in a scene together and they share feelings.  I'm worse than Nina in jumping to conclusions.

Gosh, Finn, just spit it out.  You're confusing the poor kid.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Most untrue line of the day, Liz to Violet: " When are you going to stop growing, it’s out of control".  That kid has only grown an inch in the time she has been on the show. Although her speech did seem a lot clearer. (ok slightly)

Lol you made me look it up. I didn’t realize the Violet actress has been on the show for 3.5 years already. I thought she was 5

I'm just curious, who has been prescribing these very dangerous drugs to Marshall for 40 years if he hasn't seen a psychiatrist?

That said, I HATE Portia and Curtis badgering Marshall with their pop psychology.  Just tell the man that there were a lot of misdiagnosed POC back 40 years ago and it would be a good idea to get a double check.

Marshall: "This damned disease. It ruined my life. Forced me to abandon my family. And I missed out on precious years with my sons. If I was misdiagnosed, that means all those sacrifices, it was all for nothing... I walked away from my wife, and my sons, breaking all of our hearts in the process to protect them not just from the violent incidents but from the stigma. And by God I stayed away from it all, TJ's birth, Tommy's death, your struggles with addiction. because of one diagnosis. I avoided staying close to everyone for all of my life. So when you tell me I may not have schizophrenia, that I may not be sick ... have i wasted my entire life? or worse, was it stolen from me?."  Okay, that was well written.

SHUT UP PORTIA AND CURTIS. Know when to drop it.

Joss is 100% on Carly's side and blaming everything on Sonny, Also planning to poison Avery and Donna against their father.  A true Carly.

And of course Michael has already forgiven Carly and said that he would have kept the secret too. So much for the promotion that Michael will really lose his temper and blow up.

Michael:  "Dad chose Nina over his family again and again."  Oh please, it's not like he threw you out in the snow. You were an adult and he never rejected his young daughter, his wife divorced him and he moved on. . What a baby Michael is.

Michael and Carly: " Nina is self-centred, greedy and unstable. She's already lobbying for a relationship with Willow and the kids."  Horrors. Imagine wanting a relationship with the daughter and grandchildren that you just found out you have when you'd given up on ever being a mother.

On the plus, Nik is finally standing up to Victor. Almost.

And the Ava/Austin scene was great. If they are going to move her on from Nik, move her to Austin. I hope the relationship with Maxie is over but with Mason threatening Georgie, sadly it doesn't look like it.

14 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Most untrue line of the day, Liz to Violet: " When are you going to stop growing, its out of control".  That kid has only grown an inch in the time she has been on the show. Although her speech did seem a lot clearer. (ok slightly)

I know! That was so ridiculous, how did BH say it with a straight face?

8 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't really know what he big deal about Cam discovering Dex is.  Sure, Joss did cheat on him but she's not now they've broken up.  If show wanted to go for drama have this happen last week before the break up.

For me, it's Cameron needing to see Joss for who she is and no longer blaming himself for their break up. The reason he went to see Joss today is because he felt so bad that he wasn't sympathetic enough and supportive seeing her pain at their break up earlier when she was at Kelly's with Spencer, when in reality Joss doesn't care enough about Cameron to stay out of his way now that she's broken his heart. Boy needs to get his head out of the "Joss is perfect" illusion.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 9
  • Applause 8
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

@Daisy - It's really not that shocking. GH has failed to deliver on several storylines, and they see Carly as the heroine of the show. Whatever she does is good so folks were angry for two seconds. They were never going to portray her in a bad way or have anyone really be angry w/her.

I'm not sure why they write the show in this way b/c it's boring but that's just what they do. 

yeah. i mean. honestly. no pun intended, they just want to be 1/2 pregnant with everything. everytime you think ooh it's gonna be gooooodd. it's not. 

Carly loses the hotel. YAY but then everyone wants to give it to her. who cares.
Nina buys the hotel.  YAY! but then she wants to give it to carly. who cares. 
Drew is blowing smoke up Carly's bum about how honest and amazing she is. (LOL). Carly shows she's not and Drew doens't care. 

again the whole point show be some kind of payoff. if everyone is all "it's okay" or "i forgive you." or just gives a dirty look for a moment. then why did i spend 6 months (welll not me, you all LOL). watching to see the tea to be spilt. It is OKAY to make Carly look bad. AMC had NO qualms about making Erica Kane look bad and get her lumps when she deserved it.  Not everyone kissed her bum. her kids hated her for YEARS for stuff when she super crossed the line. it's what makes them HUMAN, show. 

this show can teach a masterclass about foreplay but not giving any kind of climax. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

@Katy M - It matters b/c Cameron mistakenly believed they had grown apart, and that he hadn't noticed. He thought he was a bad boyfriend to her. He didn't know she had fallen for someone else, and that was a large part of the reason they were "drifting apart." She wasn't honest w/him about the reasons for her wanting to end things w/him.  

I'm glad he now knows. I hope he sees her for the liar she is but knowing this show, he'll probably apologize to her on Monday for keeping her from Dex for as long as he did. This show is trash! 

@Daisy - I barely watch but I get your point. As far as your prerecorded episodes, I would delete them. Nothing to see here. Laura said on Twitter it wasn't going to go the way everyone thought. Some ppl tweeted back that it did b/c Carly faced no consequences and nothing happened. LOL! GH is predictable and bad, IMO. 

The only other thing I cared about was the Taggart/Curtis secret but that will probably turn out to be nothing too in terms of reaction. I think I may just stop watching entirely. Nothing happens on this show.  

Edited by lala2
  • Like 7
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

he caught Baby Jason and Baby Cujo together?!

Yes, he did. At the very end of the show, he shows up to her dorm room b/c he just learned about Willow. Dex was shirtless and opened the door. Jex had ordered food I guess. I don't listen to their scenes. 

In any event, I'm not even gonna watch on Monday. GH has fooled me too many times. Nothing happens on this show. Nothing. If Cameron is angry, by the end of the episode, he'll likely be apologizing to Jex and shaking Dex's hand. This show has become a joke . . . for me! If others are enjoying it, that's cool! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
23 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Some storylines have had a good payoff, but I totally agree that too many have had a weak payoff, like Chase catching Willow and Michael together he and Willow were married and quickly forgiving them

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and it could cost Willow or the Baby (or both) their lives.

The best way this story could play out for me would be if Nina was indeed a match, but Willow was too sick to have the transplant or it didn’t take or whatever and she still dies.  Baby could die or live I don’t care.  But this way Nina would be off the hook and wouldn’t have the guilt of not being a match (not that that would even be her fault) and Willow would still be gone.  Maybe then Carly would receive even one iota of the consequences she deserves.

I understand why Marshall is reluctant to get retested.  He changed his entire life, missed out on his children growing up all because of this diagnosis.  It will be devastating for him if it was all for nothing.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

Michael: nina is already lobbying to have a relationship with Willow and the Kids
Carly: that woman can't help herself

Michael: Nina is self-serving and Selfish
Carly: I know

really, show? really?

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2