Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Actually, I think the writing was spot on: It wasn’t the show making that statement, it was Carly, and it was completely in character. When someone points out her misdeeds, of course she’s going to get all defensive and throw something back, whatever she thinks makes the other person look as bad/ worse than her. That’s just Carly.

I thought that scene was well written and well acted, especially by LW. 

I agree it was in character for Carly, but i legit wonder if the show wants us to be on her side here. She so rarely pays for anything in any significant way.

I almost always think LW does a good job. She knows who her Carly is inside and out, and she isn't afraid to make Carly really unlikeable, which is a contrast to other actors. *coughMBcough*

Edited by dubbel zout
grammar
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

CM is a great soap matinee idol with a lot of charisma and personality and always has been. That is his zone and GH frankly needs more strong and charismatic, experienced romantic leading men under the age of 60 and over 25, lol. But they don't have him doing what he was doing early in his run on GH, or in his best years at AMC where his character was kind of a roguish, mischievous good guy. He is basically just there performing as Smiling Cameron Mathison, Real Life Good Guy, cheerleading as a vague stand-in for Jason in Carly's and others' lives. He is doing nothing to service the character or his own position on the show because it's clear they have no investment in it. It's not his fault IMO. Drew could and should at this juncture be doing action hero stuff (and for the love of God bring back the beard), he should be a major player, he could be more involved with the Qs even with Leslie Charleson ominously gone for close to a year. But he is just there to be Jason-Shaped Silhouette.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
Just now, dubbel zout said:

I agree it was in character for Carly, but i legit wonder if the show wants us to be on her side here. She so rarely pays for anything in any significant way.

I almost always think LW does a good job. She knows her her Carly is inside and out, and she isn't afraid to make Carly really unlikeable, which is a contrast to other actors. *coughMBcough*

Yeah but if you read her interviews, she doesn’t think Carly is unlikable and gets weirdly defensive when her character’s bad action gets called out . She recently described Carly as the woman everyone wants to be friends with 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I almost always think LW does a good job. She knows her her Carly is inside and out, and she isn't afraid to make Carly really unlikeable, which is a contrast to other actors.

LW knows what she is doing and always has. She plays it to the hilt but doesn't always take it intensely seriously, which is a big boon to her work. She knows Carly can be ridiculous.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Cody NGAF about Willow and wondering where the wine was so he could dip his biscotti was the most I’ve liked him since he’s been on this show.

I had the opposite reaction but I usually lean into the disgust with the vagabond hobo.  I kept wondering why he and Sasha were hanging out in someone else's house, eating their food and drinking their wine.  Sasha came with Chase, who should have had the decency to get her home before heading to the gatehouse with BLQ.  Otherwise, Sasha should have left when Chase did and Cody should have gone back to play in his stable/house, like the hobo he is.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Where are Sasha and Cody having wine and biscotti? I've never seen that room before. (And I agree with @statsgirl that Cody wouldn't know what good wine is.) 

I know I'm supposed to have all the feelings about Willow, but I don't. This story has been written so stupidly. She refuses early treatment, she doesn't want to tell everyone she's sick, and now she's paying the price. I'm supposed to find sympathy for this nitwit? 

I do have sympathy for her when everyone is monologuing while she's unconscious. Just once I wish the sick person would wake up and tell everyone to STFU and get out. Hee.

The Cam/Elizabeth talk was nice. I like that she pointed out there was rarely one reason a couple breaks up.

Of course Carly has to have Drewfus tell Michael about Nina. So much for being strong.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7

I enjoyed Liz’ convo with her son. Poor Cam fixating on Esme and not seeing the relationship for what it was. He needs his mom, even if she’s an accessory to kidnapping.

And yes, Big Coward Carl. 10 to 1 Nina says something she doesn’t like and she backs out. Willow is tolerable unconscious, let’s leave her there.

Guess Cody got a new haircut and beard trim for Sasha. Can’t see him as a help to her when Gladys’ crap hits the fan. He’ll lie and save himself and the girl (any girl, really) deserves better.

Brooklyn/Chase, take 75. Too. Damn. Late. 

• Like 9
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Where are Sasha and Cody having wine and biscotti? I've never seen that room before.

Apparently it's the solarium.  Frank's Twitter was boasting that there were new sets, so I guess this was one of them.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
24 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Where are Sasha and Cody having wine and biscotti? I've never seen that room before.

Apparently it's the solarium.  Frank's Twitter was boasting that there were new sets, so I guess this was one of them.  

Do they not know that a solarium is a sunroom? I know it was night, but that room should look a lot airier. And those cool tones are an odd choice. I guess I should be glad it's not entirely gray.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Michael and Terry need to be told ASAP right after Nina. Carly should stop being a coward and just rip the bandaid off.

That's what I thought, especially Terry so she can set up testing. Because with Nina also comes Obrecht, James and Wylie. (Granted  you don't want to make a kid be a donor but needs must.)

I do think that Carly is right to tell Nina before she tells Michael, but she still should be the one to 'fess up to him.

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

She recently described Carly as the woman everyone wants to be friends with 

Because if you're not her friend, she'll stab you in the back.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

So it ended with Carly saying she needs to talk to Nina. So tomorrow are we going to get Nina being all defensive and getting in a fight with Carly before Carly even has a chance to say anything?

Was it weird that Sonny showed up through a back door while BL and Chase were hanging out at the front door? I ff most of today.  Cam and Liz very goof today.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Nina being all defensive and getting in a fight with Carly before Carly even has a chance to say anything?

I''m putting 10 (Canadian!!) dollars down that the episode will end tomorrow without Nina knowing the truth.  We're going to drag this thing out a little.  This is going to turn into one of those week long "day".  

• Like 3

"NIna's going to use this to get close to Wiley." Shut the fuck up, Brooklyn, and stop parroting Michael.  And, as you well saw, no such thing was happening.  Also, typical Joss immediately getting snotty with "why would someone sign up for a bone marrow registry if they can't donate?" 

Carly is a fucking coward not being able to face Michael and tell him the truth.  "Tell him I'm sorry," as she weepily walks away.  Reap what you sowed, you shrew.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

This has been an exciting week now that people are starting to hear about Willow’s cancer. I know soaps go slow on reveals but this show seems to go extra slow. At least this storyline is moving now

• Like 2
10 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Cody NGAF about Willow and wondering where the wine was so he could dip his biscotti was the most I’ve liked him since he’s been on this show.

That was good, and in fact reminded me a little of his character on OLTL.  I was cringing seeing the biscotti on the table after having to listen to him deliver lines yesterday through a mouthful of one.  Ugh.

10 hours ago, lala2 said:

Did anyone else notice that Maurice's hair was full on grey at his car and then black at the hospital?!?! LOL! I wonder why they keep forcing him to dye it!  

A weird scene to insert of him getting into the car to start with, then discontinuity with his hair color, stubble, and arrival at the gate house.  

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I''m putting 10 (Canadian!!) dollars down that the episode will end tomorrow without Nina knowing the truth.  We're going to drag this thing out a little.  This is going to turn into one of those week long "day".  

Absolutely.  The previews look to circle back to other storylines, plus we’ll likely have the typical interruptions/distractions/etc that’ll prolong the reveal.  

I thought for sure we were headed for the trope of the asleep/comatose patient waking up (or, perhaps preferable to some of us, coding) right at the big truth bomb.

The Cam/Elizabeth scenes were good, and hopefully set the stage for the truth about Joss/Dex to come out.  The scenes looked like they were blocked awkwardly, with the two really close together. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

A weird scene to insert of him getting into the car to start with, then discontinuity with his hair color, stubble, and arrival at the gate house.  

That scene played like a weird flex. It was so brief and inconsequential. Were we supposed to marvel that they shot something on a real location? We've been seeing parking lots, parking garages, parks, stairwells, and the picnic tables on the studio lot for many years now.

MB looks better with his natural look. I wish he would win that battle once and for all. 

• Like 5

I actually liked that parking lot scene!  It added some realism to me.   Anyway, I think the show has been so good this week.  I just hope they don't blow this reveal.  I think Drew should have dropped the bomb while they were all in the lobby together.  I don't want Carly skating on this.  Let it all come out at once.  Nina is Willow's mother AND Carly knew for months and hid the information.  Not just hid, actively covered it up, and paid off a witness to lie to Drew.  It's all gotta come out at the same time.  But I am not sure they will do it.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
6 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

A weird scene to insert of him getting into the car to start with,

I know! Why shoot in the studio parking lot for that? So bizarre. So TFGH.

That whole sequence was weird because he got into his car and then zoomed to the Q's where BL and Chase were standing outside the gatehouse front door discussing mean Nina. Then Sonny walks in a previously never used back door with died hair. PC got some kind of new time travel tunnel 🤣

• LOL 2
28 minutes ago, CeChase said:I think Drew should have dropped the bomb while they were all in the lobby together.  I don't want Carly skating on this.  Let it all come out at once.  Nina is Willow's mother AND Carly knew for months and hid the information.  Not just hid, actively covered it up, and paid off a witness to lie to Drew.  It's all gotta come out at the same time.  But I am not sure they will do it.  

I suspect that after the initial shock wears off, the members of the Carly cult will her as heroic for revealing the secret once the truth out about Willow’s leukemia. Carly will never face long-term consequences for her sins.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

With some other characters, I feel long-term consequences and shunning were easier to do. Like, when Lucky was calling Liz a whore, and Lulu was screaming at her at the nurses' station, there were other characters connected to Liz who were more neutral, such as all her hospital coworkers. When Nina earned the lifetime enmity of Michael, Willow, and Carly by lying about the Nixon Falls situation for NINE MONTHS, she still had a whole supporting cast of her own (Obrecht, Maxie, Sasha, Curtis, Phyllis, even Valentin) who had her back, even if they told her they didn't approve of what she had done.  

I fear that Michael, Willow, Drew, and Josslyn are going to roll over easily not only because it's The Great Carly, but because if she doesn't have harmonious relationships and scenes with those characters, what else are they going to write for her to do? I guess she has a pretty good friendship with Olivia...am I forgetting anyone else? Brick isn't around enough. (And please don't interpret that sentence as wishful.) 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 6
14 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I fear that Michael, Willow, Drew, and Josslyn are going to roll over easily not only because it's The Great Carly, but because if she doesn't have harmonious relationships and scenes with those characters, what else are they going to write for her to do? I guess she has a pretty good friendship with Olivia...am I forgetting anyone else? Brick isn't around enough. (And please don't interpret that sentence as wishful.) 

I thought the same thing. For a lead character, her world is pretty small. If her kids and Drew ostracize her, she really has no one to interact with. She still has no job, Donna is offscreen, and she has 1 good friend who is hardly on. The so called town pariahs have more connections than she does. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
23 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I thought the same thing. For a lead character, her world is pretty small. If her kids and Drew ostracize her, she really has no one to interact with. She still has no job, Donna is offscreen, and she has 1 good friend who is hardly on. The so called town pariahs have more connections than she does. 

I think it would be a great opportunity to offer the character a semi-reset like they did with Sonny. Joss could remain in her orbit (of course), but maybe bring someone new in it and get her to explore good work options, maybe offered by people she needs to grovel to.

The actress is good. I wouldn’t mind seeing her do other things than the usual Carly train wreck.

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Carly will be fine. Even though the show took away the hotel and Sonny then gifted them to Nina, Carly will be fine. Besides her family and friends which do include Sam, Olivia and Laura, she has her frenemies and enemies around town that she she has years and years of history with.

The same complaints that Carly is involved in too many stories will continue unless the show actually gives her own story. 

Carly had wanted nothing to with Sonny or Nina after the scene at the Haunted Star and it wasn’t until the show dragged her in Harmony’s final scenes that she stuck with a story with Nina so that she could continue holding the secret.

Whatever she and Drew are doing is not a real story. I didn’t care about Carly and Jax when they became a couple but actually was more than whatever this is supposed to be.

• Like 2
On 1/11/2023 at 5:25 PM, statsgirl said:

I thought that it was really too much, more even than Willow learning about her own cancer. And it was mostly about how Michael shouldn't have to go through what she went through, not how it will be for Wylie to lose a mother (for the second time but Nelle who?). Making it about her, Carly Jr.

If knowing that someone else has cancer brings up this much grief, she really needs to see a therapy.

Wylie may not remember but he could be affected by loss of his mother, his two dads and then the mother he remembers.  

On 1/11/2023 at 5:27 PM, ffwbe said:

I think it’s just being Joss self involved and she tends to make everything about herself. I’ve noticed she has the biggest reactions to things quite a bit when she is far from the person most affected

Show probably wanted to make her look like a nice, caring person who was sad for other people.  

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know I'm supposed to have all the feelings about Willow, but I don't. This story has been written so stupidly. She refuses early treatment, she doesn't want to tell everyone she's sick, and now she's paying the price. I'm supposed to find sympathy for this nitwit? 

The Cam/Elizabeth talk was nice. I like that she pointed out there was rarely one reason a couple breaks up.

Overprotective of Wiley and then doing one of the worst things people can do to a kid, by telling the kid that someone he loves is a bad person.  Cutting Wiley off from Nina because of Nina's actions regarding other people is alienation that is roundly condemned now.  We're supposed to hand wave it due to Willow's cancer and nightmare.  As someone who has a family member whose every bad action is hand waved due to an unfortunate health issue (not cancer), I know the damage this can do.  

At first Cam being in denial seemed dumb - you've got to tell Mom you and your girlfriend are broken up, dummy.  Glad he finally did.  And Elizabeth's experience and relating to him was good.  I just hope as some of the posters have said, that they don't make Cam the bad guy when he finds out about Dex.

17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Because if you're not her friend, she'll stab you in the back.

Imagine being her friend - why would everyone want to be friends with someone who has constant drama and the friendship is all about her?  

• Like 8

I forgot to mention this yesterday because their scenes were dull but why was Gregory randomly making himself at home in Alexis’ office when he didn’t expect her to return. It was odd. Also is he supposed to have a crush on her and she’s oblivious because he mentioned multiple times how he liked spending time with her or helping with the paper gave him an excuse to be around her more but she had no reaction. 

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Even though the show took away the hotel and Sonny then gifted them to Nina

DIdn't Nina buy the hotel fair and square?

8 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Did I miss something or did Esme not tell anyone that Liesel almost killed her and Nina intervened?

Esmé hasn't yet mentioned Liesl paying a visit.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I will take that bet with another 10 (Canadian) dollars. Wanting to see Nina's reaction is the most interested I've been to see what happens next on this show in a long time. It would be a big mistake to disappoint the audience by holding it off till next week.

Nina, on her apology tour, bought Carly's half of the hotel in order to give it back to her but Carly refused  so Nina decided to keep it. It was Nina's own money that she used, unlike Carly who got it from Jax. Sonny warned her against keeping it.

When Esme woke up, Liz told her that Liesl trying to kill her was a dream. I guess Esme bought it.

2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Wylie may not remember but he could be affected by loss of his mother, his two dads and then the mother he remembers. 

That kid should have been traumatized many times over by now, especially in being suddenly taken from his two dads and then not seeing Lucas for months. The show had Wylie having nightmares and crying a lot but I think that was to show what a great father Michael is rather than how traumatized the child was.

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

DIdn't Nina buy the hotel fair and square?

Sure but I was talking about the writers. They decided that Carly would lose the hotel and the new owner would be Nina.

• Useful 1

I really dislike how much Curtis and Portia treat Trina like a child. Portia likes it when Curtis treats her that way. I also don't like the pausing Whitney puts into her lines.

"Are you all right Carly?" The best part of the reveal was Nina thinking that Carly is crazy. But I also liked Nina asking for receipts rather than rushing to the lab to get tested.

I wanted Nina to slap Carly soooooo much. But at least she got to call her a monster and a selfish bitch.  Interesting reaction that LW chose at the end, as if Nina calling her a selfish bitch justified Carly withholding the information.

And Carly remains a bitch, telling Sonny to leave her family alone instead of telling him what she just told Nina. The contrast between Sonny asking Drew to be there for Michael because he can't be and Carly still being a shrew to him is oceans wide.

Michael remains trash, blaming Willow's collapse on Nina. Drew has lost me again, saying "Carly and I believe Nina is a match."  Stop treating the SheBeast like a fragile flower.

And speaking of trash == Joss refusing to admit that she was on the docks and the Hook's target without Diane. My TV listing says "Diane works her magic at PCPD. What exactly did Diane do that was so great, other than praise Joss and Carly?  "Her uncle Jason"  In what sense was Jason Joss' uncle except in a purely friends way?

Why is Dante apologizing to Joss for calling her down to the station? Joss should have been down there as soon as she heard that Britt died.

I get that they want to show that Willow is engaged to Michael but that honking great ring wouldn't be on her finger in a real hospital.

And of course at the end they have Nina overstepping and going to see Willow because of course Nina has to do something bad to make what Carly does acceptable.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1

Round of applause to Trina!! My goodness! I know Portia has her concerns but Trina is 20-years old. She can be friends w/whomever she wants. Portia is acting like Trina is 12! I loved when Trina spoke up for herself. And Portia is so ridiculously judgemental. I cannot wait until she's knocked off her moral high horse! The secret about Curtis cannot came fast enough for me. Let's go! Wrap up that plot too! 

Ugh to the entire Josslyn/Diana/police station scene. 

I hope Spencer never makes another mistake in his life since he's so moral and self-righteous now! Soap characters are the worst when it comes to hypocrisy and self-righteousness. 

We didn't need those Sonny/Willow scenes. I guess MB had a quota to meet or something. 

I really enjoyed the montage Nina had b/c there was a time when things had cooled down considerably btw Nina and Willow. If Nina had known Willow was also her daughter, she would have approached Willow differently; they could have bonded. Nina is right. Carly is a selfish bitch and a monster! 

I still hate Willow! You would think I could feel some sympathy for a dying pregnant mother but i just don't. Willow makes me ill. And we may be getting to the part of the show I have to skip. I will be darned if I see Nina beg Willow to take her bone marrow and then to be a part of her life. No thanks! I'm not interested in that. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 8

Surprised Carly came up with the truth, I’ll take it. “You’re a monster!”, indeed. CW must’ve enjoyed playing that scene.

I used to like Diane, but she was unbearable today. Maybe because she was defending someone I very much dislike.

Speaking of unbearable, Willow!!! If it weren’t for Nina, I would want to pull her plug myself.

And the nanny is finally back in the game!

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Her uncle Jason"  In what sense was Jason Joss' uncle except in a purely friends way?

What's wrong with that? It's not unusual for close family friends to be Uncle This or Aunt That.

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And of course at the end they have Nina overstepping and going to see Willow because of course Nina has to do something bad to make what Carly does acceptable.

I wish the show would stop this. It's so tiresome.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I just saw Wednesday's ep.  Nina is the literal worst.  Who does she think she is?  You don't get to make someone else's cancer decisions, or judge them.  the world does not revolve around wiley.  Willow didn't choose her daughter or Wiley.  She chose her daughter over herself.  And even then just potentially.  She could still come through this.

That being said, Willow overreacted to Nina being in the house a wee bit.  

• LOL 1

Think they’re setting up Spencer being pissed at Joss for abandoning Britt at the crime scene, especially when he finds out is was to protect Dex. I guess that’s good because he’s pretty much the only person who would call her out. Trina sees the good in everyone and Cam is another Chase who can’t stay mad for long and her family will enable her

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 17

Finally, the truth is out! I don't get it, I hate Carly but I feel sorry for her. Maybe from the standpoint of her creating her own problems and not learning from it. However, if the show sweeps her transgression under the carpet I reserve the right to withdraw my feels.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

the world does not revolve around wiley.

I don't think you understand what show you're watching, @Katy M. Of course the world revolves around the idiot child!

Way to tap dance around the fact that Nina and Willow are mother and daughter. Both Carly and Drewfus suck. At least they both finally spat it out. It was pretty satisfying to see Michael choke on that.

You shut your mouth about Oz being in a medically induced coma, Curtis. Better yet, shut your mouth in general. You, too, Portia. Ugh.

Of course Sonny makes Willow's illness about him. Never change, pal.

Joss's  smugness at the PCPD when Diane showed up was completely unearned. Too bad Robert couldn't charge her with hindering an investigation. Then Dante feels he has to apologize for asking her to come in? They had video. Joss wasn't dragged in kicking and screaming. Ugh.

57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Interesting reaction that LW chose at the end, as if Nina calling her a selfish bitch justified Carly withholding the information.

Yeah, that was odd. I thought CW did a really good job in those scenes, and I liked that LW dialed things back. Except when she confronted Sonny. That was just dumb.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

And speaking of trash == Joss refusing to admit that she was on the docks and the Hook's target without Diane.

As much as Joss bugs me I was ok with this.  It makes me crazy when I watch crime shows and cops are always like “we’re just trying to help you” to get people to talk to them without a lawyer.  Or the perception that because you lawyer up, you’re guilty.  No, you’re just smart.

I’m shocked Carly came out with it so quickly.  Of course she tried to pull the whole “no time to explain, just come with me” and Nina shut that shit down quick.  “Talk fast.”  And this gem: “Why would I lie?” “I don’t know, maybe because you’re a liar?”  Heee.

The contrast between Sonny asking Drew to be there for Michael because he ca

This is exactly why I’m pretty ok with Sonny now.  He’s been awful, but he’s shown some growth lately.  Carly is the same old shrew she’s always been and doesn’t have a shred of self awareness.  She look on her face at the end said it all.  She just doesn’t see herself.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

That being said, Willow overreacted to Nina being in the house a wee bit.  

Lol, ya think?!  Willow needs mental help and has for years.  She never processed her grief and anger over her time in that cult, or losing her bio child.  She can’t be anything other than passive and supportive with her significant other, and I think she channels all her rage into Nina.  If she wants to hate Nina fine, but the degree of hatred is so over the top and irrational.  

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 11
  • Applause 7
14 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I still don't understand the name "Wiley". Is this short for something?

Brad and Lucas decided to call him that "because we waited so such a long while for him.

Me, I always think of Wiley E. Coyote.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not unusual for close family friends to be Uncle This or Aunt That.

If it were Joss, I could understand, not that I remember her every saying "Uncle Jason" rather than just "Jason". But it was Diane, her lawyer, doing it in a professional setting. It reeked of pulling rank by connection to a powerful person.

I wondered why Joss called Diane since she's Sonny's lawyer and Joss hates Sonny.

13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Lol, ya think?!  Willow needs mental help and has for years.  She never processed her grief and anger over her time in that cult, or losing her bio child.  She can’t be anything other than passive and supportive with her significant other, and I think she channels all her rage into Nina.

That's a really good explanation. I wish the writers were smart enough to think of it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 9

I also don't like the pausing Whitney puts into her lines.

Today was extra weird, I think she had some uneven botox,

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Her uncle Jason"  In what sense was Jason Joss' uncle except in a purely friends way?

What's wrong with that? It's not unusual for close family friends to be Uncle This or Aunt That.

She used to call Sonny -  Uncle Sonny. Which was weird I thought, because I think it was when Carly was back together with Sonny and Joss was living with Jax.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Lol, ya think?!  Willow needs mental help and has for years.  She never processed her grief and anger over her time in that cult, or losing her bio child.  She can’t be anything other than passive and supportive with her significant other, and I think she channels all her rage into Nina.  If she wants to hate Nina fine, but the degree of hatred is so over the top and irrational.  

This is my take. I barely watch this show anymore let alone pay attention to the anonymous Willow/Sasha dual unit, but Willow's ceaseless rage at Nina (who she shouldn't care that much about, and who also shouldn't still be on this show either despite my love for Cynthia Watros but that's another topic) is unhinged to watch and speaks to her background with that crazy cult lady. If they had balls they'd show the Saintly Cancer Heroine going off the rails and write Willow out that way - I'm not sure I can remember a soap story where anyone combined the typical suffering heroine disease cliches with a full-on psychotic break.

• Like 5