Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Serves the dumbass right.

Also, I don't care.

I probably would have made the same choice. It's not her fault.  She had no way of knowing that her first trimester was going to last 5 months after she was already well past the 6 week mark.  I mean, come on, that's just not forseeable.

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So according to the GH promo…

Hide contents

Willow’s cancer is now stage 4. 

I mean, I guess I’m supposed to care. Maybe even be upset. Sorry, just not feeling it. 

It's not like she actively tried to help herself or anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I just watched the promo on You Tube and the number of comments crying and beating their breasts because they're"Team Millow" is like I stepped into some parallel universe.  

Anyway, yeah, still don't care about the dumbass who thought cancer would wait for her to finish her 6-month first trimester, but at least the story is finally moving forward.  

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

RE: Sake614's spoiler above.

Spoiler

I'm sure after all is said and done, Willow will be absolutely fine, with no long-term consequences.  Baby Q will be fine, too. 

Something like Alexis's lung cancer.

• Like 2

Yeah they haven’t done a cancer story well since Monica’s breast cancer. Alexis’ ‘I never smoked how can I have lung cancer??’ Was one of the dumbest I’ve seen in a while. She is a well educated woman. Surely she knew that you can get cancer without ever having lit a cigarette! I really wish they’d just avoid these things altogether if they’re not going to do the story justice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Willow's cancer is the MacGuffin for the reveal that Nina is her mother, nothing more. As for the dumb baby, unless this story is Emmy bait for CD, there's no way it won't be born healthy. Oh, there might be an hour of concern, but the baby will survive just fine. Like Donna and her pointless spina bifida.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Willow has always been bland, but since she aligned herself with Michael, she and her self-righteousness have been intolerable. I have no cares at all if she were to die (We won't be that lucky.), except on the count of how it would affect Nina when she finds out she has another kid. (Too bad it's Willow. Bring back Nelle!) But when she says things like "She knew her place" with a smug smile, I actively want Willow to die. 

• Fire 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

Laura was on fiya today!!    Fully aware that Victor set up Anna.  Manages to get Charlotte out of Victor's clutches and back to PC before he even gets a call that Charlotte is gone.  Has Charlotte at her place with security.  Walks in on the deputy mayor bad mouthing Robert and immediately puts her in her place.  Knows from a two second conversation with Holly that Holly's pants are on fire from all the lying and reminds Robert that Holly's halo has been tarnished in the past.  Shows up at Windmere to stick it in Victor's face.  

At this rate, I'm giving her about two days to realize Esme's in the attic and 3 days to figure out who the hooker is.  

Love Liz/Cam.   Becky and William play so well together and are beleivable as mother/son.  

Finn/Heather  I didn't understand her rant about Jeff.  

Loved Mo's line read on not telling Michael about a possible affair between TJ and Willow.  He was all, 'yeah, i'm not getting involved in that'.  

• Love 14

Hey, dolts, have you learned yet that kids Wiley's age are more interested in the box the gift came in than the gift itself? Honestly, the stuff those two have to say about that idiot child is painfully stupid.

"Wiley won't be an only child anymore. Who knows how he'll handle that?" Way to prepare your kid for the biggest change in his life, you ding-dongs.

Still not feeling Allie Mills as Heather, but Robin Mattson is a nearly impossible act to follow in the role.

54 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

But when she says things like "She knew her place" with a smug smile, I actively want Willow to die. 

Ugh, I know. What a completely obnoxious thing to say. 

Laura got two awesome and soapy entrances, one in Robert's office and the other at Windemere. 

9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Loved Mo's line read on not telling Michael about a possible affair between TJ and Willow.  He was all, 'yeah, i'm not getting involved in that'.  

For once he has the right idea. Even if Nina were right, and TJ and Willow were having an affair, it would still be Nina's fault. She can't win.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Nina is being a bit annoying about Willow/TJ, mostly because she has no reason to care even if were true. However, Michael and Willow are completely insufferable and act like total assholes whenever they’re around her and will still act this way when Nina has to save her life because of Willow’s own stupidity 

• Love 7

I saw a plot summary for this week that I won't bother putting a spoiler tag on (because what else is new) -- it was something like "Michael rants at Nina." I can only hope that very shortly he will be on his knees begging Nina to help Willow when everything comes to light.

....Also that Carly gets at least one episode's worth of mild condemnation for hiding the truth.

• Applause 2
  • Love 11

I thought the scene with Willow, Sonny and Nina reached new levels of pathetic for Willow. Wylie ran to his grandparents. He went to Nina on his own, happy to see her, so he clearly loves her and misses her. Her pulling him away and telling Sonny that she can arrange something for him for the weekend with Wylie was just the epitome of petty. Not only is Willow a bore to watch and a bore to listen to, but she's also turned into a complete cow of a character. Michael and Carly's entitlement and self-righteousness are very clearly contagious. 

Please show, send Nina away on business. Or have her and Sonny take off to some place where their phones are turned off. I want them to beg for that bone marrow.

Laura sure is making the rounds today. I'm assuming that she doesn't know that madam deputy mayor is working for Vic. Ashby is insufferable, though and is in it enough with Victor that she knows that Holly is also working for the man.

I'm glad Esme has a change of clothes. Again, even if she were the Hook murderer, Victor has given her a built in alibi when she keeps pinging in France while she's in PC.

What's this plan Finn and Valentin have? And please, the last person who needs a man to rescue her is Anna. Let's not make this about him running to her rescue when we know very well that she knows how and can defend herself. It's true that Anna will have a target painted on her back, but enough with the damsel in distress trope. Thanks.

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Wylie ran to his grandparents. He went to Nina on his own, happy to see her, so he clearly loves her and misses her. Her pulling him away and telling Sonny that she can arrange something for him for the weekend with Wylie was just the epitome of petty.

It was so stupid. Willow and Michael were RIGHT THERE. Nina isn't completely stupid—she's not going to start telling Wylie about Mommy Nelle. It's one thing to keep Nina away from Wylie when he's in a private space, but out in public like that it's just ridiculous, especially since he ran to her so happy to see her. Way to mess up your kid, you dolts. I wish they'd had Wylie ask why he couldn't see Grandma Nina. That would serve Willow and Michael right.

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was so stupid. Willow and Michael were RIGHT THERE. Nina isn't completely stupid—she's not going to start telling Wylie about Mommy Nelle. It's one thing to keep Nina away from Wylie when he's in a private space, but out in public like that it's just ridiculous, especially since he ran to her so happy to see her. Way to mess up your kid, you dolts. I wish they'd had Wylie ask why he couldn't see Grandma Nina. That would serve Willow and Michael right.

Beyond all of this, the whole reason Nina is not allowed to see Wylie right now is because she lied about Sonny. But apparently, Sonny's own transgressions and this vendetta Michael has against him doesn't extend to him not seeing Wylie? Is this what I'm getting?

I wish Michael would walk straight off a cliff.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4

Seeing the cliffhanger of Michael walking up to Sonny and Nina makes me not want to watch tomorrow because I can't stand him or how he treats Sonny and Nina. Not what the writers were going for, I assume.

Add me to those who hated Willow saying that Nina knew her place. She's well and truly in the Carly cult.

27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Laura sure is making the rounds today. I'm assuming that she doesn't know that madam deputy mayor is working for Vic.

Anna spoke to Laura on the phone to go to Valentin's help. It would be strange if she also didn't tell Laura that her deputy mayor was working for Victor.

Is deputy mayor an appointed position or an elected one?  (In my Canadian city, it is appointed from one of the elected councillors and there are about half a dozen of them.) I can't figure out why Laura doesn't can Ashby.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Finn/Heather  I didn't understand her rant about Jeff. 

I think that we were supposed to take away that Jeff isn't trustworthy so Finn shouldn't believe all that he says. 'Bout time Finn stopped thinking that Liz's parents were the solution to her problems.

56 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Nina is being a bit annoying about Willow/TJ, mostly because she has no reason to care even if were true.

I think it's because Nina cares about Willow even after everything that Willow has done and is doing to her?  Preparing for the shocking reveal that Willow is Nina's child.

Me, I would be using that as a weapon against the Millow hypocrisy.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Me, I would be using that as a weapon against the Millow hypocrisy.

That's the sad thing. Nina has wanted to be a mother since forever and a day and there's no way she do that. If there's an infinite possibility that Willow is her kid, she'll move heaven and earth for her. This is why Nina needs to be far away when this mess finally blows up.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is deputy mayor an appointed position or an elected one?

Appointed.

NIIIIIIIICE BURRRRRRN, Laura! 
Here I am, Eileen. Gracing you.”

OH SNAP!

Genie is a beautiful woman-but she has got to do something about her hair! It’s gorgeous, but NO STYLE to it!

Why Robert didn’t kick Eileen’s ass out of his office when he left with Laura, confounds me.

But I loved Laura telling her to take SEVERAL SEATS, when it came to Robert.🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

I wish Wiley had had a tantrum and insisted on hugging and spending time with Nina. The way Willow yanked him back, you’d think they -Mooby and Nina, were some pedophilic perverts.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Still not feeling Allie Mills as Heather, but Robin Mattson is a nearly impossible act to follow in the role.

Neither am I. She’s awful as Heather.

Oh yes, Esme. Please try to escape using bedsheets. I hope you die.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

What's this plan Finn and Valentin have?

The guard showed up at the end to get Anna and said they weren't going to Pentonville, so I'm guessing they're taking her somewhere safe.  

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm glad Esme has a change of clothe

Well, Nikolas isn't a monster after all.  He's giving her food and a nice bed, and some pretty maternity clothes.  What more could she want.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

But apparently, Sonny's own transgressions and this vendetta Michael has against him doesn't extend to him not seeing Wylie

Michael has said multiple times that Sonny isn't allowed to see Wylie, but I guess willow wasn't in on the memo.  

27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh yes, Esme. Please try to escape using bedsheets. I hope you die.

At least she's doing something to get out of her plight and not just sitting there playing damsel in distress.  I appreciate that more than say willow, looking shocked that her cancer progressed while she did nothing about it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Laura was on fiya today!!    Fully aware that Victor set up Anna.  Manages to get Charlotte out of Victor's clutches and back to PC before he even gets a call that Charlotte is gone.  Has Charlotte at her place with security.  Walks in on the deputy mayor bad mouthing Robert and immediately puts her in her place.  Knows from a two second conversation with Holly that Holly's pants are on fire from all the lying and reminds Robert that Holly's halo has been tarnished in the past.  Shows up at Windmere to stick it in Victor's face.  

Laura Collins for Head of the WSB!!!! Although she appears to be over-qualified at this point.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So according to the GH promo…

Hide contents

Willow’s cancer is now stage 4. 

I mean, I guess I’m supposed to care. Maybe even be upset. Sorry, just not feeling it. 

Right?!?! I couldn't care less about Willow! I also doubt anything bad will happen. They won't kill her b/c they want Nina to have a daughter on the show, and they would NEVER dare kill off one of Michael's precious babies! His sperm must be protected at all costs. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Seeing the cliffhanger of Michael walking up to Sonny and Nina makes me not want to watch tomorrow because I can't stand him or how he treats Sonny and Nina.

The way he came lumbering back from his oh-so-important Aurora phone call and then said to Willow "was Nina trying to spend time with Wiley" as if the park--THE PARK--was off limits to people he doesn't  like.  Fuck off, Michael.  I can't wait to see you grovel to Nina for that sweet, sweet bone marrow. 

• Applause 9
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Nina is being a bit annoying about Willow/TJ, mostly because she has no reason to care even if were true. However, Michael and Willow are completely insufferable and act like total assholes whenever they’re around her and will still act this way when Nina has to save her life because of Willow’s own stupidity 

That’s how I feel about it too.  Willow and TJ have done nothing to indicate they are having an affair, Nina saw them hugging, friends hug like calm down. However Willow and Michael are so awful I don’t even care. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

The guard showed up at the end to get Anna and said they weren't going to Pentonville, so I'm guessing they're taking her somewhere safe.  

It sounded to me more like they were taking her someplace like one of Victor's custom prisons.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

At least she's doing something to get out of her plight and not just sitting there playing damsel in distress.  I appreciate that more than say willow, looking shocked that her cancer progressed while she did nothing about it.  

My point was, how high off the ground is she? And she's what, four, five months along in her pregnancy? She expects she can escape and not hurt herself and the spawn she's carrying? Not that I care about her or her spawn. Unlike everyone else, I can't stand the character and the actress* does NOTHING for me.

And two, Willow has always been a weak and bland character, so that's like comparing apples with prunes.

*Not ashamed to admit I was spoiled by the talents of Sean, Kimberly, Jonathan, Becky and Amber.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Yesterday's (11/07) show: I know Laura wanted to be gentle, but seriously, "Is it possible that Holly isn't telling you everything?" is soft peddling at a whole new level. OF COURSE Holly isn't telling anyone everything. She hasn't actually told anyone anything! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It sounded to me more like they were taking her someplace like one of Victor's custom prisons.

I think that's what we're supposed to be wondering -- is this part of Valentin's plan? Or is it Victor digging down deeper (and FH's vacation)?

It would however be very bad for Ashby if Victor disappeared Anna since Robert knows she's working with Victor. However it would tie up Valentin and Robert and very nicely in terms of whatever Victor's big plan is.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Laura Collins for Head of the WSB!!!! Although she appears to be over-qualified at this point.

Nitpick, but I hate that she's Laura Collins. Can't she just be Laura Webber again? I know she's married but she's had a husband's last name almost her entire life and Mayor Laura Webber would be so satisfying to hear after all these years. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, VioletMarx said:

Nitpick, but I hate that she's Laura Collins. Can't she just be Laura Webber again? I know she's married but she's had a husband's last name almost her entire life and Mayor Laura Webber would be so satisfying to hear after all these years. 

I kind of agree, but Laura seems to be a bit of an old-fashioned traditionalist that would take on her husband's surname.

19 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:
23 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

SO efficient! Got more done in a single episode than Robert/Anna did in WEEKS! All those adventures so many years ago have made PC's Mayor quite a force to be reckoned with.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

As far as Millow is concerned, I'm afraid to admit, I'm #TeamCancer 

The old Television Without Pity (or was it SoapZone? Or both?) nickname for the Natalia Livingston Emily might make a comeback if Willow delivers a few more lines like "Nina knew her place." Emily doesn't need it anymore, and I don't suppose it was retired like a great baseball player's number. The abbreviation was "TCB," and the "c" stood for "cancer." The rest is easy enough to guess.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Nina to Michael: "It's s like a broken record. Who are you to be so judgmental? ... It's like you like your life to look down on other people."  🔥

Shocked that I almost enjoyed those scenes.  Letting Nina stand up for herself at last and getting Sonny away from Carly improves the show 1000x.

Good plan on the part of Valentin/Finn/Sonny to get Anna out. Nice twist that Heather is on the same truck.

After Laura told Nik about all the bad things Victor has done, why didn't Nik tell her that it was Victor forcing him to divorce Ava?  Laura, who seems to be the most competent person in Port Charles, could help.

"Bone marrow transplant" rears it's ugly head. I just want to smack Willow for being all about how she can't do this to Michael.  I was waiting for the soapy moment of Michael coming in on a Willow/TJ hug.

30 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I kind of agree, but Laura seems to be a bit of an old-fashioned traditionalist that would take on her husband's surname.

True, but after all these marriages, you'd think she would get tired of always having to change her name.  I hyphenated my name when I got married. When it ended, I swore never again to take any  name but my own, the paperwork was such a pain as was re-introducing myself under my new/old name.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Bone marrow transplant" rears it's ugly head. I just want to smack Willow for being all about how she can't do this to Michael. 

Is this 1842?  Is she going to start auditioning a woman to come in and take her place?  

Also, please, Michael's used to his women dying on him.  The shock will be when she doesn't.

• LOL 11

SHUT UP, MICHAEL. I can't wait until he and Willow have to ask Nina for her bone marrow, though you know they'll be as obnoxious as possible about it, and Nina will immediately say yes. 

LOL that suddenly Willow has some medical knowledge.

First a porn 'stache and now dweeby glasses. Valentin is terrible at "disguises," hee.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was waiting for the soapy moment of Michael coming in on a Willow/TJ hug.

Ha! That was great.

• Applause 4
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, please, Michael's used to his women dying on him.  The shock will be when she doesn't.

She did say "after everyone that he has lost."

Which I guess is Morgan?  Maybe Abby?  He doesn't seem to care about AJ any more, broke up with Kiki long before she was killed and he probably threw a party when Nelle died.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She did say "after everyone that he has lost."

Which I guess is Morgan?  Maybe Abby?  He doesn't seem to care about AJ any more, broke up with Kiki long before she was killed and he probably threw a party when Nelle died.

What about what'sherface? See, I can't even remember her name anymore-the nurse who fell for Patrick and then wasn't able to marry him when Robin showed up at the wedding? Of course, they'd broken up, so I guess she doesn't count, either.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

First a porn 'stache and now dweeby glasses. Valentin is terrible at "disguises," hee.

It wasn't much of a disguise, but he looked pretty hot to me. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

After Laura told Nik about all the bad things Victor has done, why didn't Nik tell her that it was Victor forcing him to divorce Ava?  Laura, who seems to be the most competent person in Port Charles, could help.

Because Nik doesn’t want Laura to know Esme is who he had the affair with. Laura would want to know how and why Victor would be blackmailing Nikolas to divorce Ava and that would make Nikolas have to tell her about the confession letter. He could of easily told Laura who the other woman was when he told her he cheated but he left that detail out deliberately. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

True, but after all these marriages, you'd think she would get tired of always having to change her name.  I hyphenated my name when I got married. When it ended, I swore never again to take any  name but my own, the paperwork was such a pain as was re-introducing myself under my new/old name.

I think it’s rare on soaps where the women don’t take the married name or at least hyphenate but if this were real life, I’m sure a lot wouldn’t bother after their 3rd or 4th marriage. 

• Like 3

Just when I think Michael can’t be more of an asshole he becomes one.  I just can’t stand looking at his smug face.  I’m glad Nina mentioned the affair behind Chase’s back.  And Sonny’s expression like “yep, yep” when Nina said she saw Willow and TJ at the hotel….gold.  

As a nurse, why the fuck is Willow surprised her cancer has progressed so quickly?? She’s pregnant which means EVERYTHING in her body is in overdrive.  It’s not exactly shocking cancer cells would be growing super fast.  That’s said, TJ is 1000% more empathetic than Michael, who will probably just make it all about himself and of course blame Nina somehow.

• Love 7

Michael's confrontation reminded me of that Sunny episode with Frank "confronting" and taunting the silver back gorilla at the zoo. I can't find a gif for it, so you get the pew pew one which is the equivalent of Michael throwing threats around.

Star Wars Fun GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

He also said something to Nina that I can't remember just now, when Sonny told him to basically shut his mouth, but I was like way to go when you need that precious bone marrow. I did like Nina's dig at Michael that Willow did cheat on Chase. 

Also, way to make her cancer all about not wanting to leave Michael because he has lost so much already? What has he lost, crazy? He thought his son was dead, but that child was returned to him without a fight. He and his brother didn't have a great relationship. He also fucked said brother's girlfriend. His biological father? Couldn't give two fucks about him. AJ who? For every loss Michael has had, he has somehow managed to come on top. And he didn't mourn his exes all that much, he usually moved on the next victim within 3-4 months. He'll cry over you, then find someone else to raise his brat in less than a year.

I'm assuming Cody has now 35 million reasons to wanna stay Leopold's son. 

And not to brag, but I did call the diamonds being made from the Ice Princess. Actually I'll brag a tiny bit. I was right about something! 

• Applause 7
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

SHUT UP, MICHAEL. I can't wait until he and Willow have to ask Nina for her bone marrow, though you know they'll be as obnoxious as possible about it, and Nina will immediately say yes. 

I know we all want them to grovel because of how gross they’re being but I already know they won’t. Hell I could see Carly trying to get Nina to be tested and donate anonymously and try to have them never find out so they can continue being horrible to her even after she saved Willow’s life. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I know we all want them to grovel because of how gross they’re being but I already know they won’t. Hell I could see Carly trying to get Nina to be tested and donate anonymously and try to have them never find out so they can continue being horrible to her even after she saved Willow’s life. 

I thought this would play out like it did with Sam when she found out that Alexis was her mother. She became a lot less antagonistic toward her and even though Jason hated Alexis, he went to her and told her the truth about Sam after she was shot and almost died. 

But I don't see any of this happening with this trio. First because Carly is involved. Second, because Willow is a different character from the one who was dating Chase. She has become unbearably Corinthos. I guess they needed someone to replace Sonny who is more tolerable to balance out the scales or something.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

I thought this would play out like it did with Sam when she found out that Alexis was her mother. She became a lot less antagonistic toward her and even though Jason hated Alexis, he went to her and told her the truth about Sam after she was shot and almost died. 

But I don't see any of this happening with this trio. First because Carly is involved. Second, because Willow is a different character from the one who was dating Chase. She has become unbearably Corinthos. I guess they needed someone to replace Sonny who is more tolerable.

I think it’ll only happen if Millow are splitting up. I have zero faith in Willow standing against Michael or Carly and what they think about people. Even with Sam/Alexis, I’m sure it only played out the way it did because they were about to split Jason/Sam up and realized that she had nothing going on outside of his orbit. She was just as much his mimic as Willow is with Michael was prior to that.  

• Love 1