Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Carly was a massive bitch, as usual, and incredibly stupid.  Raving as she did.  Even though the whole mob thing cost her Morgan’s life.  Which Sam should have thrown in her face.  

Sam did throw it in her face. Carly got mad, saying "that was different."  But Carly has always lived in a state of denial. She remarries Sonny after her tween son gets shot in the head with a bullet meant for Sonny and her son remains in a coma for a couple years. She gets back together with Sonny after their son gets blown up in a Mob car bomb because "thank God" the bomb that was in Julian's car turned out not to be from Sonny. Sam knows all of this, which is why I think her true motive was for Jason to feel some fraction of the hurt she and Danny have both felt about not being Jason's top priority in the past.

• Like 4

IF Morgan is returning, and I don't know that he is at all, then what Carly said when she nastily informed Sam that Jason wasn't going to have Danny join the mob, could come back big time.  Maybe Morgan returns a mobster.  Who knows.  I feel that silly scene was written for a reason. 

• Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

her tween son gets shot in the head with a bullet meant for Sonny and her son remains in a coma for a couple years.

...at the clinic that Jax found. /had to say it

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

MAC!!!! 😍 That Mac/tween Georgie/Maxie reunion hug❤️❤️❤️  Mac holding adorable toddler (?) Bailey Lou ❤️❤️ Even that brat James running to hug Grandpa was sweet.

It's sooo great to see John J. York looking well!! IMO the only way he looks different is that his hair is not full/lightly fluffy as it used to be, i.e. it looks like he's growing out a buzz cut. You can see in his face how happy he is to be acting with KSt again. I also think the tears when he and Felicia hugged were real, from KW. It's obvious KSt and FW genuinely adore JY.

But enough with Maxie and James being used to prop Cody. 

Oh the BLQ + Chase scenes with Alexis were great too. NLG really gives her best in this storyline.

Alexis in tears of joy/relief and jumping around in excitement with Diane genuinely made me smile. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

"How come you're always here so early?" Uh, because Gio doesn't take his job for granted, Joss. Ugh. I'm not sure the writers realize how the writing makes her look so entitled.

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

My apartment got very, very dusty when Mac showed up at Maxie's. JJY looks terrific, and it's so great to see him onscreen again!

• Like 6
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

My apartment got very, very dusty when Mac showed up at Maxie's. JJY looks terrific, and it's so great to see him onscreen again!

Same!!!

And yay! It didn’t take the court 30 days! Just one week-Alexis’ disbarment vacated!

As for tomorrow’s previews? STFU, ANNA.

• Like 2

Sonny warming up to Natalia is not a very good look for him. She's still a homophobe and bigot, no matter how she's "evolving."

I like that Alexis pointed out that calling children's services on Finn won't necessarily help Violet. The system is rarely the best place for kids, especially when there are other viable options.

TJ was condescending toward Felicia about how quickly she sorted out his patient. It's her job and she's good at it. Ugh, he's such a jerk.

Previews: They finally pulled Terry out of the closet for Pride. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ngl, my eyes teared up when I saw Mac at the door. I'm thankful they gave us that scene right away and didn't make us wait until the end. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Of all of the nice things today, seeing JJY back on screen was the best, and I'm glad it got as much loving attention as it did.  How long before Mac realizes his brother has gone missing now?

I like the unlikely relationship between Tracy and Cody.  It's like Tracy has finally accepted she has a soft side, and is trying to embrace it, for which we have Gregory to thank.

Speaking of which, I really, really missed him when Alexis found out she'd been reinstated.  I like to think that she did, too.

Re: yesterday and the dumbing down of Jagger---what a disappointment from such a promising character.  I'm rooting for Jason to hurry up and defend Anna to him, so we won't have to go too far down that road.  Also rooting for Anna to find her brain again.  I can't help but wonder if the back-and-forth in this storyline is our on-screen version of what's going on in the writers room.  

Edited by JMO
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
5 minutes ago, JMO said:

I can't help but wonder if the back-and-forth in this storyline is our on-screen version of what's going on in the writers room.

This is exactly what I think is going on. I was so happy when Jagger and Anna had those drinks when her eyes were opened about Mooby. Then shortly right after, she’s telling Jason Jagger can’t be trusted and she won’t arrest Mooby right now.

And Natalia is a lying liar who lies. She is NOT evolving. Even during the singing session, she was telling Blaze the relationship was DOOMED when Blaze thought it was over; then telling Kristina to come up with a reason to dump Blaze.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, JMO said:

Speaking of which, I really, really missed him when Alexis found out she'd been reinstated.  I like to think that she did, too.

She did. That black circular thing Alexis was clutching to her chest when Diane was opening up the envelope and reading the letter, was a gift from Gregory. She took it out of a box and showed it to Chase and BLQ in the previous scene. 

• Like 4

🥹 I'm not crying, you're crying! 😊

Joss: "I don't want to sound entitled..."  😐 Then you best never open your mouth again. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Not remotely ashamed to say I was weeping when Mac walked in the door, and again when JJY and KW saw each other. What beautiful scenes! I missed him so much and he looks awesome. Now I just need his beautiful hair to grow back and all will be right with the world ❤️

• Like 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sam did throw it in her face. Carly got mad, saying "that was different."  But Carly has always lived in a state of denial. She remarries Sonny after her tween son gets shot in the head with a bullet meant for Sonny and her son remains in a coma for a couple years. She gets back together with Sonny after their son gets blown up in a Mob car bomb because "thank God" the bomb that was in Julian's car turned out not to be from Sonny. Sam knows all of this, which is why I think her true motive was for Jason to feel some fraction of the hurt she and Danny have both felt about not being Jason's top priority in the past.

That must have happened when I went to the kitchen and didn’t bother to rewind the bit I missed.  Thanks for pointing that out.  It absolutely needed to be said.

SheBeast would gladly sacrifice every one of her children at the altar of Jaysus.  It’s so gross.

3 hours ago, ljr said:

Why isn’t there a community pool in port Charles? 

pC exists in a tiny pocket universe where there is only pool outside of the Quartermaine mansion (that no one ever appears to use).  This is further punctuated by there being only one or two spots on what is supposed to be an extensive pier system for PC’s shipping hub.  It also explains how people can fall in the river there and wash up in Pennsylvania.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

This show loves shoving a new character down our throats. Why is the violin kid on every damn day? 

To set up a love rectangle between him and Joss/Trina/Dex.

• Like 3
On 6/18/2024 at 1:24 PM, CeChase said:

Yeah, Jagger looks the fool unless Anna is really Alex, and Anna is being held hostage somewhere and that's what leads to Finola's vacation.  I have been wondering if this is the case lately.   I don't know. 

Personally, I'm telling myself that we're actually seeing evil doppelgängers of most of the characters onscreen right now - Finn, Valentin, Laura, Ava, Nina, for starters, so why not Anna too? In my headcanon they're all being held captive somewhere (I'm blaming the Cassadines) while evil clones wreak havoc on their lives. And the rest of town is too dumb to notice how out of character all of them are acting, or possibly just too blinded by the brilliant gleam of Jason's halo to see the difference.

🤷🏻‍♀️ It's the only way the show makes the least bit of sense these days.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny warming up to Natalia is not a very good look for him. She's still a homophobe and bigot, no matter how she's "evolving."

I like that Alexis pointed out that calling children's services on Finn won't necessarily help Violet. The system is rarely the best place for kids, especially when there are other viable options.

TJ was condescending toward Felicia about how quickly she sorted out his patient. It's her job and she's good at it. Ugh, he's such a jerk.

Previews: They finally pulled Terry out of the closet for Pride. 

The whole Blaze/Natalia storyline is nonsensical on multiple levels.  First, no one gives a damn about who she is dating.  And being a young musician, presumably appealing to a young demographic, having an attractive girlfriend is likely a plus.  Second, Deception bending over to accommodate Natalia’s contract demands makes no sense.  There are a zillion up and coming musicians out there that Deception can sign as their spokesmodel, and Blaze isn’t exactly Beyoncé at this point.  Any real company would have moved on ages ago.  Instead of holding up their marketing campaign because they have to sign Blaze.

its all so badly forced.  The writers for Breaking Bad these guys sure ain’t.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
28 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Personally, I'm telling myself that we're actually seeing evil doppelgängers of most of the characters onscreen right now - Finn, Valentin, Laura, Ava, Nina, for starters, so why not Anna too? In my headcanon they're all being held captive somewhere (I'm blaming the Cassadines) while evil clones wreak havoc on their lives. And the rest of town is too dumb to notice how out of character all of them are acting, or possibly just too blinded by the brilliant gleam of Jason's halo to see the difference.

🤷🏻‍♀️ It's the only way the show makes the least bit of sense these days.

Maybe a Quartermaine factory is dumping stuff in the water system and it's altering their personalities and making them stupid. Except for TJ. I still say he's suffering from a latex allergy.

• LOL 9

I have a latex allergy, and it doesn’t make me act like an abusive asshole (it just makes me itchy). So I’m not letting TJ off that easy.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

They should have probably made Blaze a country or gospel singer if they wanted to do this SL or some other genre that isn’t as known for being inclusive that I can’t think of at this time. A pop singer being LGBT is far from being a career killer in 2024. This storyline is like 30 years too late 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Thinking on this more (I waste way too much mental energy on this show) I bet TJ’s assholeness is due to metalosis caused by the hamster wheel that was surgically implanted where his brain should be.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13
On 6/17/2024 at 7:26 PM, Tenshinhan said:

I don't think that Wactor's death should affect any story decisions or writing in my view, especially in this case.  Brando's death was so long ago, and he was murdered by a serial killer with multiple other victims.

I don't think that this necessarily means that Heather shouldn't be set free.  I also don't think that the lives of military and law enforcement should be valued higher than any other lives.

Killing a cop performing his/her duties is valued higher under NY state law.

10 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Killing a cop performing his/her duties is valued higher under NY state law.

That may be true, but I was talking about human lives in general, not necessarily within the bounds of the law.

And even under the law, I don't think that a cop killing should automatically disqualify someone from release.

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

They should have probably made Blaze a country or gospel singer if they wanted to do this SL or some other genre that isn’t as known for being inclusive that I can’t think of at this time. A pop singer being LGBT is far from being a career killer in 2024. This storyline is like 30 years too late 

I think all of the talk about killing her career is just supposed to be an excuse for Natalia's bigotry, not a legitimate concern.

6 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I think all of the talk about killing her career is just supposed to be an excuse for Natalia's bigotry, not a legitimate concern.

Also, Blaze is at least partly afraid to come out because she doesn’t want to hurt her family, including her grandmother. Bet grandma already knows or suspects

And I’m tired of Natalia continually saying she’s not homophobic when she clearly is. Sonny seems to see it yet keeps spending time with Natalia and cozying up to her. I hope it’s just because of his tampered meds

• Like 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Except for TJ. I still say he's suffering from a latex allergy.

Nah. Some people are just asshats. See Carly and cohorts of entitled dumbdumbs.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

Sonny seems to see it yet keeps spending time with Natalia and cozying up to her. I hope it’s just because of his tampered meds

It is also because he wants to bang her.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

South America-helping a friend whose name he refused to tell Maxie.

Today he's talking to Felicia about his time spent with Frisco!

You'll want to watch the Scorpio Brothers (with Felicia and Anna) reunited! Mac's smiles are truly the highlight of this show!!!

The rest of it, probably not (although Sam being furious at finding out Jason's been protecting Carly made me laugh).

What I don't understand is why Elizabeth is talking like her sons are little kids who are really hurt by her break-up with Finn. Was this a recycled script from her relationship with Lucky? Cam is away at college now, so Finn really isn't a part of his life. Jake already expressed his disgust at seeing Finn drinking and cheating on his mom; he doesn't want a relationship. The only one who's confused and sad about Finn is Aiden. 

Finn yelling at his bosses and then kicking Elizabeth out of Violet's life makes me think ME is going to be gone from the show either temporarily or permanently pretty soon. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Natalia's mother's evolved, but not really, attitude about her relationship with Kristina will be blown to bits when Ava plays the recording of their conversation.  And I cannot wait. 

Decades ago, I was at the GH Fan Club weekend in LA. I was going down the stairs, and JJY was coming up. It was after lunch, so I was not going to say anything. He genuinely smiled, asked where I was from, and thanked me for being there. 

Not all the stars were that gracious or real. Hence, my tears yesterday at his return.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

You'll want to watch the Scorpio Brothers (with Felicia and Anna) reunited! Mac's smiles are truly the highlight of this show!!!

Looking forward to that! But more, I want BOTH Mac and Robert to hold Anna's feet to the fire about her stupidity and to smack the "but Valentin wuuuuvs meeee" and to stop trash talking Jagger.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Line of the day, the week, the month, the year:

After Sam/Spin find out that Jason is working with the FBI to save Carly's ass, Spin is quick to defend Jason but Sam's response:

"There isn't a shred of nobility in abandoning your kids so that a grown woman can escape the consequences of a life that she freely chose."  

Truer words have rarely been spoken on this show.  I am sure Sam will be shown to be in the wrong eventually, but I celebrate this day of truth!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

So many hits, and so many misses:

Hit: While I think Sam is being overly dramatic regarding the danger to her son, I am with her one hundred percent on her assessment of both Jason and Carly.  MIss: or rather, missing, is Dante, who should be talking all of this through with her.

Hit: Seeing Robert looking hale and healthy, and a brief minute of interaction among the two brothers and their current and former spouses.  Miss:  There has been such an obvious Robert-sized hole in the Anna story, where she should be talking her WSB issues through with him.  No contact at all about the whole Jagger/Brennan/FBI/WSB/Valentin thing.  Yet here they show up together for a visit. If they could do that, why couldn't we have seen them working the problem together?

Now that Robert's back, can we get back to that story about prosecuting Sonny for assaulting Cyrus?  We remember Cyrus, don't we?

Miss:  Not sure I can find a 'hit' for this one, unless Finn had signed some sort of prior agreement with the hospital to say that he wouldn't drink or use drugs.  Throughout the drama of his past few days, he has been drunk at home, but not at work.  In fact, we saw him choose not to drink as he was leaving for work.  No bad behaviors have happened at work, no patients have been impacted in any way.  So I'm not sure there was any ground for an intervention.  Close surveillance, maybe, but not intervention.  Was there such an agreement?  I think I was on hiatus when his substance abuse was dealt with the last time.  If not, this whole thing is at best a rush for the exit.  If they wanted to play this as a relapse for Finn, they should have let it play out at the hospital.

Hit:  That Mac was off helping Frisco on something.  I suspected it, when he wouldn't identify his "friend".  Miss:  Not setting it up better with some prior speculation about what he was up to, maybe some indication that Felicia or Robert knew but couldn't say.  Further 'miss' if today was the only mention of it.  If we couldn't get a good set up, we should get a little better pay off---things like how they knew Frisco needed help, why it had to be Mac, how it turned out, etc.

The inconsistencies and missed opportunities are frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Applause 9

JMO, someone on twitter said that Finn DID sign a contract to that effect, after his whole drug addiction storyline.  I don't remember it, but if that's true, then they got him.   Of course, it's highly likely "the historian" doesn't remember it, because no one has mentioned this onscreen right?  And without that contract, this is all ridiculous.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

After Sam gets through with Carly, I hope she plays the recording for Liz so they can have another "trash talk Jason and Carly" party like they had before the Jason/Carly wedding.  

I will believe Joss is a lifeguard when I see one second of her actually looking at the water.

• Like 9
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

There isn't a shred of nobility in abandoning your kids so that a grown woman can escape the consequences of a life that she freely chose."  

A bit long for a tee shirt, but maybe a wall mural? 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Line of the day, the week, the month, the year:

After Sam/Spin find out that Jason is working with the FBI to save Carly's ass, Spin is quick to defend Jason but Sam's response:

"There isn't a shred of nobility in abandoning your kids so that a grown woman can escape the consequences of a life that she freely chose."  

my kingdom for someone to fling that to his face. 
I'd say Monica because on top of that he made her mourn his not dead ass again - but monica is awol

• Like 8

And of course Sam runs straight to Carly with the recording, as if CARLY is going to exhibit a shred of remorse over it. If anythihg, she’ll wear it as a badge of honor to prove once and for all that she and she alone is the most important person in Jason’s life. And now that she knows, the whole town will know and John/Jagger will leave town with his tail between his legs and the FBI’s case will dissolve. I guess it was inevitable but I hate it because Adam Harrington is the best thing to happen to this show in a long time and I was hoping he’d stick around. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4

I mean it is true, but it sounds like something straight out of the mouth of one of the writers. (Who in turn quoted something they read on twitter, btw, I've definitely seen something similar there.) It doesn't sound like something Sam would say at all. "Shred of nobility"????? From high school drop out, never reads a book thicker than a gun magazine Sam? Okay.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

my kingdom for someone to fling that to his face. 
I'd say Monica because on top of that he made her mourn his not dead ass again - but monica is awol

Even when Monica wasn't AWOL, she was so pathetically grateful for the crumbs of attention Jason throws her way that she never says anything.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Why would Carly think she’s the reason Jason and Drew don’t speak? Not only have they’ve never had an interest in having a relationship, Drew isn’t pining over Carly and Jason doesn’t seem to gaf that they dated because he doesn’t want her romantically either. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

First the Good: SCORPIO BROTHERS REUNION! With Felicia! Anna can go kick rocks.

I think it’s safe to say that those scenes when Anna went to Jagger and admitted she wore Robin blinders and he talked about his years with Karen never happened. She’s done nothing but trash talk him, give him the run around while not working with him, and playing games with Brennan and Valentin.

And Anna? MAC  has more history and knows Jagger better than your ass. And shut up about how Robert ran roughshod over the rules when he was Commissioner-it’s the OPPOSITE. YOU are the one running roughshod over the rules. And running like Pavlov every time Jason texts you.

Writers must think I’m stupid. Cujo running and wailing to Jason about Drew running for Congress as if she didn’t KNOW before he announced it at Willow’s party. She was the first one he went to get blessings to run!

Tristan looks and sounds so much better.

I want Robert, Mac, and Jagger to have a pow wow and when they learn all Anna has been hiding, run straight to her and ream her!

But I never get nice things.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

Why would Carly think she’s the reason Jason and Drew don’t speak?

Because Carly is the sun around which all worlds orbit. According to Carly.

Edited by Maelstrom
quote weirdness only seems to get worse when I try to edit
  • Like 6
  • Love 2