Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I did.  I didn't watch any episode last week, and having read the spoilers for this coming week, I won't be watching.  That will be two  weeks.  That's how routines form.   I really don't know what will bring me back at this point.  As long as the writing is this slanted and agenda-driven, there's nothing for me.  And I agree with you about Korte.  

only thing i watch now are the previews. haven't watched a full episode... i wanna say....goodness roughly around the nurses ball, and Willow just said something totally horrendous about Nina and i just had had enough of that

• Like 3

I was really, truly hopeful about PM/EK -- especially Mulcahy because I adored his work in the past -- but I have stopped watching myself. I do think the pacing, dialogue is better, but the Carly adoration is just as bad, the Nina retconning/hate is just as bad. And, for me personally, the main reason I watch is for Finn/Elizabeth, Michael Easton and Rebecca Herbst. In the weeks when PM/EK unofficially took over, Finn/Elizabeth were featured once. Finn was on maybe two, three times. Since they officially took over, Finn/Elizabeth have been on one time. That's it. And Finn, again, was only on one, maybe two other days (which is why I'm kinda confused how he can be so hated when the guy is never on).

RE: Elizabeth, I will say I did appreciate the little bit I got with her and her boys with Jason's return, but in retrospect, it was clearly part of Jason's story rather than about Elizabeth since she's once more barely on.

OTOH, Carly is on constantly and her butt kissed so much it must be shiny red. Nina is on tons, but bitch-slapped so hard, her face must be shiny red. My least favorite couple, Brooklyn/Chase, are on so much, and another absolute dud pairing imo, Sasha/Cody, are on quite a bit too. And, I am sorry, but Lucy was right in that meeting. 100% right. And every time Maxie bitches about it, I wanna scream. (At least I read she is still bitching about it.)

I get that Finn/Elizabeth aren't super popular (but, hey, when they've only had terrible storylines, absolutely horrific pacing, are barely on, it's rather hard for most viewers to get an accurate read on them*), but they do have their fans. Just like BL/Chase, Sasha/Cody, etc. But the writers refuse to throw us a bone. So, unless I see Elizabeth, Finn in that day's episode recap, I ain't watching.

* Case in point: Chase/Brooklyn gained most of their fans during the Bailey story because it was a good story. They were written well during it, the pacing was well done, it was soapy, the love story part of it was well done. However, they began to lose viewers with the next story, the music career, the non-stop stupid lying, all of that idiocy because it was bad writing, the bad arcs, the horrible pacing. Same actors, same chemistry, the only difference was the bad story, bad pacing.

Finn/Elizabeth started to gain fans during the initial story (Chase's poisoning), but that was just a warm-up and only lasted about a month and half, and then after that they were plagued with not just bad but HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE NO-GOOD story after HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE NO-GOOD story along with really bad pacing, like really, really bad pacing. It's not the actors. It's not the characters. It's the fact that the writers have YET to give these two a decent story with some good pacing!

Anyhoo, back to the overall show and why I am not watching. Better pacing, better dialogue in the show overall is all fine and dandy, but when the storylines are a pile of steaming turd--oh, and they are!, no amount of polishing can make it watchable. Especially when you ain't giving me any of my preferred perfume (in this case, Finn and Elizabeth) to cover up the stink.

Sorry, for the length, ya'll, but oh, this has been building for a while!

• Like 12
  • Hugs 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t necessarily think it’s a good idea for BL to buy Chase a truck but this show tends to get very fixed in its gender roles. 

In this case, I got the impression Chase wanted to do something extravagant, out of love, to start out their marriage. BL mentioned to him a few suggestions (all within the US) that she thought would be adequate/great. His tone after she walked away hinted that he didn't want their honeymoon to be just enjoyable. He wanted to make a sacrifice to give his new wife a once-in-a-lifetime memorable experience that they would share. Tracy's point is that if BL bought him a new truck, it would void his grand gesture of love - essentially emasculating him. 

That is a different situation than Michael's gross behavior with Willow, using his wealth and his kid to manipulate her into wanting a relationship with him. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I know it takes time to fix a show as off track as GH has been but I'll agree that the couples on this show are all over the map and except for Kevin and Laura*, not in a good way. 

I kinda hate the idea of a wellness, fitness, spa thing. Sure, fresh sets would be nice but BL in a black blazer in a steam room anyone? 

* Even if Heather was non compos mentis (lawyer speak for BSC) and she gets off, Laura honey, this is going to kill you politically. Such fun we have to look forward to. (I have a soft spot for Laura but not her deer in the headlights look.)

Eta: I want Alexis back as an attorney as much as anyone but the anvils of her potentially being involved in Heather's case sound more cringey than entertaining. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Even if Heather was non compos mentis (lawyer speak for BSC) and she gets off, Laura honey, this is going to kill you politically. Such fun we have to look forward to. (I have a soft spot for Laura but not her deer in the headlights look.)

I’ll never buy Laura going out on a limb like this for Heather of all people. Their connection is tenuous at best. Her adopted father’s brother was married to her a zillion years ago and it wasn’t a particularly long or happy marriage. If it was one of her kids or grandkids, sure, but they needed to bring back someone like Stephen if they wanted to do this SL. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ll never buy Laura going out on a limb like this for Heather of all people. Their connection is tenuous at best. Her adopted father’s brother was married to her a zillion years ago and it wasn’t a particularly long or happy marriage. If it was one of her kids or grandkids, sure, but they needed to bring back someone like Stephen if they wanted to do this SL. 

That could be a potential silver lining, if they use it to get Steven Lars out of prison and back to Port Charles. At least we wouldn't have to listen to Heather moan about Esme non-stop.  

No offense to Alley Mills but I miss Robin Mattson.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Even if Heather was non compos mentis (lawyer speak for BSC) and she gets off, Laura honey, this is going to kill you politically. Such fun we have to look forward to. (I have a soft spot for Laura but not her deer in the headlights look.)

For REALZIES. Heather’s crimes predate the stupid Cobalt poisoning. I’m telling you, it’s all a retread of Franco’s TUMAH! Nonsense.

24 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

11 minutes ago, tessaray said:

That could be a potential silver lining, if they use it to get Steven Lars out of prison and back to Port Charles. At least we wouldn't have to listen to Heather moan about Esme non-stop.  

No offense to Alley Mills but I miss Robin Mattson.

Who? Mills’ Heather never once mentioned Stephen Lars (unless I missed it in all the fast forwarding). It’s been Esmé! Esmé Esmé !🙄😒

the brady bunch marcia marcia marcia GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, driver18 said:

* Case in point: Chase/Brooklyn gained most of their fans during the Bailey story because it was a good story. They were written well during it, the pacing was well done, it was soapy, the love story part of it was well done. However, they began to lose viewers with the next story, the music career, the non-stop stupid lying, all of that idiocy because it was bad writing, the bad arcs, the horrible pacing. Same actors, same chemistry, the only difference was the bad story, bad pacing.

honestly, and i've said this forever - the chemistry i saw was like Ned(Jax) + Alexis vibes. like the sexual chemistry was there but for me I was just feeling like this was going to be BFFs with some hanky panky on the side, not "true love, let's get married, you're my one and only." and i feel that's what killed the relationship too (for me). you aren't wrong about the other stuff either. but I ALSO feel they are only together - because both Josh & Amanda won't smut it up on camera, and I think rather than having  chaste couples it was easier just to smash those two together and figure something else. 

2 hours ago, driver18 said:

Sorry, for the length, ya'll, but oh, this has been building for a while!

oh never apologise for the length. lol you have stuff to say! say it! :D I am with you too, again I actually like Finn & Liz. they just need some good stories.

17 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Steven Lars

as in Liz's brother Steven? 
Why is he in jail?

• Thanks 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who? Mills’ Heather never once mentioned Stephen Lars (unless I missed it in all the fast forwarding). It’s been Esmé! Esmé Esmé !🙄😒

I think Liz mentioned him to Esme while she was held by Nikolas? I FF alot, too.

And I may have imagined it but I thought Heather mentioned him in a Spring Ridge conversation. 

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why is he in jail?

I barely remember. The last time he was on he had a big secret - maybe he let someone die (or helped him over the edge?) to get a kidney or a heart or something? So he went back to Memphis (or Nashville or somewhere like that) and turned himself in and went to prison. Stupidity all the way around.

Just wanted to add that I didn't hate William Moses as Jeff. If his casting wasn't related to one of Liz's dumbest storylines, I'd have been okay with him recurring more often.

Edited by tessaray
(edited)
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

honestly, and i've said this forever - the chemistry i saw was like Ned(Jax) + Alexis vibes. like the sexual chemistry was there but for me I was just feeling like this was going to be BFFs with some hanky panky on the side, not "true love, let's get married, you're my one and only." and i feel that's what killed the relationship too (for me). you aren't wrong about the other stuff either. but I ALSO feel they are only together - because both Josh & Amanda won't smut it up on camera, and I think rather than having  chaste couples it was easier just to smash those two together and figure something else. 

oh never apologise for the length. lol you have stuff to say! say it! :D I am with you too, again I actually like Finn & Liz. they just need some good stories.

Why is he in jail?

Oh, I agree 100% about Amanda and Josh. I don't see a lick of romantic/sexual chemistry, and furthermore, their characters don't make an ounce of sense together. I'm still yearning for BLQ and Valentine. Now, THAT was a pairing with longterm legs, and a pair of actors with chemistry to spare.

Nice that someone else agrees re: Elizabeth and Finn.

Re: Steven, he killed someone. A patient maybe. But like my very missed Matt who killed Lisa Niles under extenuating circumstances, he is still in jail while our mobsters and ACTUAL KILLER CRIMINALS walk around free and dandy.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 13
(edited)

While I very much would like to see Steven Lars back, I don't think I should put it out there in the universe without qualifying it: 

Please, please, please don't bring back Scott Reeves and his guitar. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tessaray said:

Just wanted to add that I didn't hate William Moses as Jeff. If his casting wasn't related to one of Liz's dumbest storylines, I'd have been okay with him recurring more often.

I still don't understand why Jeff's mistress had to be Finn's wife. There was like 6 billion people in the world when that affair happened. Chances are really good that these people know humans who are not related or connected in any way to people living in Port Charles. I wonder if the show was actually going somewhere with that or if they thought it'd make the story more intriguing [IMO, it did not]. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, driver18 said:

I'm still yearning for BLQ and Valentine. Now, THAT was a pairing with longterm legs, and a pair of actors with chemistry to spare.

I'm still sad about how that turned out. If the show is still around after they inevitably redeem Valentin a few more times, maybe we'll get lucky. 

• Like 8
22 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I have been watching GH since the earliest Heather days, and I do want to say that the Jeff Webbers and the Rick Webbers were very much intertwined -- both in terms of socializing and in terms of the brothers confiding in each other about marriage and kids. Heather's mother was even Rick and Lesley's housekeeper/unofficial family member. So Laura considering Heather a big part of her past is legit.

Having said that -- Laura, have you lost your damn mind? Baby rabies has been baked into Heather's character profile from the very beginning, and Laura had a front row seat for it as a teen. Stealing Ace will be task number one for her if she gets out, cobalt or no cobalt.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

I just rolled my eyes when the subject of where Diane’s paralegal was-either the actress FORGOT or the writer did-that her “assistant” was a female-that all viewers SAW. Because she told Jason that “he” was supposed to drop off papers for Jason to sign. And the assistant still has a job? Only in. GH LAND.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because she told Jason that “he” was supposed to drop off papers for Jason to sign. And the assistant still has a job?

She still has a job because she gave the papers to Carly, who is trust incarnate, of course. Never mind Carly didn't hand off the folder until the next morning.

• LOL 3

What a waste of time to have to watch Lucy blather on and on. There was no other story?

Color me astonished that Carly admitted to insider trading. But of course it was still Nina's fault, so...

And LOL that Carly is just now realizing what a supremely selfish man she married a billion times. I can't with this nonsense.

It is beyond pathetic that Nina is enlisting other people to save her marriage. And it's no fun to watch.

Ugh, Brick oozes back into Jordan's life. Please stop this, Show.

• Like 8
(edited)

Grrrr, just read a recap. No, Carly was not late an hour. She wasn't planning on showing up. That's what she told Kristina, who told Sonny. That's why Sonny slept with Nina because by not coming that was telling Sonny they were over. Carly only showed up to tell him about Dante being in the hospital. Ugh, she's such a lying cow, and these writers are just as bad as the previous in retconning everything to paint Carly in the rosiest of views.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 14
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 4/9/2024 at 1:13 PM, Daisy said:

1/2 to Carly, 1/4 to both his kids. just keep on showing how much you value your children, Jason

Yeah, right under: Secondly, I leave to my sons, Jack and Donny...

On 4/8/2024 at 2:18 AM, Grinaldi said:

I'm not quite as ready to wield a hatchet willy-nilly as a lot of you folks. But I definitely think Jordan serves no purpose now and can easily be killed off or sent back to her home planet.

I'm of the same attitude, but I would rather cull the Gruesome Foursome (Sonny/Carly/Jason/Michael) and then see if any of the others can thrive before I cut them. Pipe dream, I know.  Counterpoint: Tanisha Harper is really hot!

On 4/11/2024 at 12:05 PM, ffwbe said:

So most of the Qs went to fancy European boarding schools and travelled extensively across the world but trust fund BL has never been to Florence despite the fact that she’s been wanting to go forever and Chase had to sell his car to finance the trip on his own? I guess show

No wonder the cops are always losing to Sonny, they're clearly paid shit!

Edited by Lugal
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3

I don't know how to say this delicately, but is LW feeling insecure this week? She's had that trench coat on for days and days. She briefly had it off in the hotel room and looked fine, so I don't really get it.

• Useful 1

Lucy and Carly are both such obnoxious cows and I have no doubt the show thinks we find their self-involvement endearing, They would be wrong.  I'm having a hard time dealing with LH's excitable babbling and me me drama--Lucy is utterly unwatchable when she starts talking about all of her hard work regarding Deception.  Yes Lucy, we get it, this company is all you have in your life.

I'm trying to figure John Cates out:  he tells Anna flat out that he doesn't trust her because of the Pikeman investigation but then he asks her opinion on Diane Miller. 

• Like 7

How did we get from Ava taking a couple of Sonny’s pills to help her sleep, to her thinking there’s a problem with the prescription or dosage? And is she intentionally trying to tank Sona? Because she knows Sonny doesn’t trust Jason now and telling Nina that selling the metro court to Jason will elicit a strong response was not meant in a good way. Honestly Nina needs to  just sign the damn papers and walk away from him. Why would she demean herself to get back a man who says he doesn’t want her?

So in response to her declaration of love, Jason tells Carly he’s happy with the way things are between them. But I’m still supposed to believe this is some great love story? Well okay then 🙄

Jagger is still hot even all beat up lol! Just please, I beg you writers, do NOT get him involved with Carly!

and can someone please just end Lucy once and for all? LH aids grating on my last nerve and Lucy is not funny or endearing in any way.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Yeah, I bet Carly does "miss the way it was between the three of us," as both Sonny and Jason thought the sun shone out her ass, which is the way she likes things.  She can miss me with all her tears about the end of marriage number I've-lost-count with Sonny. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

Carly's recap of events to Jason is really  fiction.  She is a traitor and Michael deserve to be disowned. 

Jason greatful to Carly? He should be greatful to the 2 women raising his sons while he played dead for Carly. 

Lois just shut up. Gregory should have ran for it when she went to the stables. 

Sasha also should have not saved Lucy.  She's not under contact and doesn't need to going to heart and home either after what they did to her too. 

Ava is done as Nina's friend obviously from lying right to her face about Jason and Sonny's relationship. 

• Like 10

Ava’s plotting but they haven’t done a good job of letting the audience in on her plans or motivations so it’s hallow. I suspect the writers haven’t quite figured it out yet. Like she’s clearly setting Nina up to anger Sonny even more but he’s already done with her so I don’t get why she’s doing it other than to pile on to Nina even more by gifting Carly another win with the outcome of no one appreciating it and Sonny being annoyed rather than happy about it 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

The only good thing about Jason's return is Jagger, who will probably get sacrificed at the altar of Carly.

Ava is sure sabotaging Nina. I was never really down with Ava/Nina as friends because of the whole labor-inducing baby stealing things, but I'm also not down with the friendship breaking down because of a man. Sonny is so not worth it.

I could give a flying fuck about Carly, her pain, her fishing expedition to see if Jason is still interested or him staring at her with his dead eyes. Blink, you sociopath!! BLINK!

The show felt like it was changing, but right now it just seems like it's falling in its old annoying patterns.

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Yes, let's rewrite history, why don't we, so that Cujo looks like the stalwart, brave and betrayed one here.

Spare me with all those lamentations about sacrificing for Mooby all these years. She was a power hungry piece of trash who wanted money and, well power. I still remember her giving the word to shoot that ended up having Brenda shot. And this was BEFORE she got with Mooby. Whatever she "sacrificed" she did it with no qualms. Raising her children with open eyes in that world of violence and crime and reveling in the power it gave her.

And then those moon-calf eyes toward Jason. UGH. At least he just stared and didn't say "me too" but he had to hug her. Blech.

Just SHUT UP, Anna. I'm trying to see the character I once loved, but it's so hard. She finally gets an epiphany about Mooby, but the cloud and dirt is still there with Jason. My eyes could not roll HARD enough at her telling Jagger what poor, poor, waif of a victim Jason was for being put up as bait for Pikeman. And that Jagger pretty much had the beat down he got coming to him because he's being a Big Ole' MEANIE to Jason. She can take several seats. And get up when the real Anna Devane shows up.

Why didn't they just stop the camera and go to commercial when Lucy kept blathering on about herself? Why didn't anyone have the guts to tell her the show wasn't about HER stupid life, but the product? I see Morgan Fairchild still likes to cake on the make-up.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Actually, is there any relevance to Carly telling Jason what Sonny was up to with Pikeman seeing as Jason is all about how he'll never turn on Sonny? Or is he about to spill all of this to his handler?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Actually, is there any relevance to Carly telling Jason what Sonny was up to with Pikeman seeing as Jason is all about how he'll never turn on Sonny? Or is he about to spill all of this to his handler?

The hopeful cynic in me thinks it was a way for Jason to turn on Cujo and be on her side 100000000% and against Mooby. Which was unnecessary as he said nothing would turn him against Mooby, unless he continued to do something worse to Cujo. BLECH.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jason greatful to Carly? He should be greatful to the 2 women raising his sons while he played dead for Carly. 

Those two women raised his sons even when he wasn't playing dead for Carly.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ava is sure sabotaging Nina. I was never really down with Ava/Nina as friends because of the whole labor-inducing baby stealing things, but I'm also not down with the friendship breaking down because of a man. Sonny is so not worth it.

This friendship has become so disappointing because it's devolving over Sonny, a manbaby who has never held up his side of a relationship.

16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's part exposition dump (Jason gets caught up as to what's been going on during his absence) and another "clue" that maybe something is going on with Sonny.

• Like 4
On 4/9/2024 at 10:01 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And, yet, screw it!

That was hot! My God, that body! How does he look more ripped than when he was half that age? I can’t exactly blame Nina for her brain leaving the station and her hormones taking over.

Yep.  My thoughts exactly.  She’s become the Julian of the show (aka punching bag) but boning Drew has to make up for that at least slightly.  And WHAT an upgrade from her last partner, even though I did like them together. 

On 4/9/2024 at 8:19 PM, ffwbe said:
On 4/9/2024 at 8:13 PM, Daisy said:

but i will say. I have no problems/issues with people choosing to be stay at home parents. I don't think that's akin to "not having an identity." but was michael pushing this for weeks or something?

He never wanted her to go back after the cancer battle. They had a big fight over it and he used the same argument about how she doesn’t need the money because he has money. 

That’s my problem with it as well.  Michael hasn’t been supportive of Willow working for a long time, and it feels like she’s finally succumbing to his pressure.  Also I’m a stay at home mom, and I have more of an identity than Willow even if she was working.

On 4/9/2024 at 4:34 PM, backhometome said:

1/2 to Carly, 1/4 to both his kids. just keep on showing how much you value your children, Jason

I mean we all knew Jason was a shit father but to now have it spelled out in writing is just next level.  Gross.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, driver18 said:

Grrrr, just read a recap. No, Carly was not late an hour. She wasn't planning on showing up. That's what she told Kristina, who told Sonny. That's why Sonny slept with Nina because by not coming that was telling Sonny they were over. Carly only showed up to tell him about Dante being in the hospital. Ugh, she's such a lying cow, and these writers are just as bad as the previous in retconning everything to paint Carly in the rosiest of views.

this bothers me so much - because a LOT of people have been saying this as well on other message boards etc. like Carly was just running late, she wasn't not going to Sonny. and i am like. no. that's not what happened at all.  I truly can't understand why this show refuses to admit that Carly can be wrong.

• Like 11

Carly was 100% hoping that Jason would want to pursue a romantic relationship since they’re both single. Her voice cracked when he said he liked things the way they are. The Sonny factor has only ever been an issue for him. Carly would destroy Sonny in a heartbeat if she had a sliver of hope of getting Jason, father of her children or not. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
33 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Carly was 100% hoping that Jason would want to pursue a romantic relationship since they’re both single. Her voice cracked when he said he liked things the way they are. The Sonny factor has only ever been an issue for him. Carly would destroy Sonny in a heartbeat if she had a sliver of hope of getting Jason, father of her children or not. 

this is why i don't get why anyone wants Jason as a love interest for their characters. Jason never fights for anyone. I remember that stupid declaration of love because you made me, Show, and Jason is all like yah i always loved you blegh bleh. and the "only reason why he walked away" was because "Sonny came back

So Sonny isn't in the picture. you loooveeeeeeeeee her, and now all of a sudden it's "nah fam, i just want things the way the way they are?" like i loathe Carly and I would laugh in her face that she still can't achieve her dream, but screw you Jason.  nothing is in your way now, what's your excuse. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Jason never fights for anyone.

I know I'm a broken record about this, but I don't care. But ROBIN is the only one he fought for-he left the mob for her and set up working at a garage. Even if it was until Mooby returned, and then it was back to normal bidnez. Though it didn't last, she's the ONLY one he did try and change his life for while they were together. Then Cujo also returned and that's all she wrote.

Jason's ass shoulda gone to Elizabeth while he was bleeding out instead just to see Cujo's head explode.

But I can't have nice things.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know I'm a broken record about this, but I don't care. But ROBIN is the only one he fought for-he left the mob for her and set up working at a garage.

it's okay broken record. 
i keep forgetting about this bit. (because i wasn't watching during this bit). but thanks for the correction

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it's okay broken record. 
i keep forgetting about this bit. (because i wasn't watching during this bit). but thanks for the correction

I only meant to clarify. And it was during the era when NO ONE kissed Cujo's ass, and she was still a possessive jealous shrew over Jason.  Oh, wait. She still is. The only thing that's changed is that EVERYONE has to kiss her ass now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Back then Jason was the boy with no past and Robin was the girl with no future. He hadn't yet turned into the Borg who let everyone else do the work.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I only meant to clarify. And it was during the era when NO ONE kissed Cujo's ass, and she was still a possessive jealous shrew over Jason.  Oh, wait. She still is. The only thing that's changed is that EVERYONE has to kiss her ass now.

lol no i got it. (ahh what a missing emoji can do) :) I am really glad for the clarification. i just mean i feel sometimes i am broken record about stuff so I get what you mean about having to do it (and not caring about it). 

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Back then Jason was the boy with no past and Robin was the girl with no future. He hadn't yet turned into the Borg who let everyone else do the work.

i remember those promos. because of Robin's HIV diagnosis and everything. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

ITA. Early Jason and Robin was the only time I saw him as a viable romantic interest. I think once Michael was born and during cottage hell, it started going downhill for him. Once Jason returned to town in 2002, he was full on robothug and not an enjoyable love interest. All of his pairings by that point and on involved the women doing the heavy lifting while he occasionally graced them with a smile and they were supposed to fall over at their feet that he would deign to look at them despite the fact that being with him put them in danger and he made his SOs the last priority in his life. The only thing that changed with time is they added on him being a deadbeat dad. I’ve never gotten the impression during the last 20 something years that Jason even gave a damn when he was single or got lonely or wanted more to his life than what he had. He’s content with being a hired gun and emotional support human.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Also, I know this is probably an UO, but I’ve always found Michael and Jason’s relationships to be overstated and he only got a pass because he wasn’t the biological father despite the fact that he considered himself Michael’s dad.

Jason only actively parented Michael for a few months and post custody battle, we barely saw him around Michael. He left town when he saw Carly with Sonny even though he and Carly weren’t together and “gifted” his family to Sonny. They even had Sonny say he wanted to continue being Michael’s father after he and Carly split because he felt guilty that Jason left because of him and didn’t want Michael to lose another father. That’s not much different than how they turned Lucky into a deadbeat. Yeah, Jason shows up for the hero moments with Michael but that’s what he does with everyone. It’s the day to day he’s not interested in. 

• Like 8

I saw some recaps on Twitter that made no sense. Apparently, Canada is showing a different episode than ours but both are new. That is so weird. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I saw some recaps on Twitter that made no sense. Apparently, Canada is showing a different episode than ours but both are new. That is so weird. 

I just checked. They're not different. The US episode is slightly ahead of the Canada episode.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Yep.  I'm in Toronto and the episode I just watched is not what Twitter or Facebook is talking about.

Today's episode for me was Anna/Laura about sonny.  Alexis/Finn about her licence.  Liz/Gregory about Jake's anger towards Jason, BLQ/Chase about money and Laura/Cyrus about pressing charges against Sonny.

What i'm reading online is Brick/Sonny and Maxie/Spinelli who weren't in my episode.  No idea what's going on since we don't usually show a diffrente episode unless something bad is happening in the US (Jan 6)that knocks them off the air.  

• Useful 3

"It's nice to have a woman around," Sonny sleazes. UGH. Then we have to watch Brick put the moves on Jordan. Double UGH.

Oh, lord, TJ and Molly's baby is due in August? I don't think I can last until then. And shut up about Kristina being the surrogate, TJ. I'm so sick of his whining about her and the Coven. It's not as if his family is some paragon.

Where are Dex and Joss supposed to be? It looks like it's around the Q property, but why would they be there?

I think the Canadian episode is what will be shown tomorrow in the States.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Today's episode for me was Anna/Laura about sonny.  Alexis/Finn about her licence.  Liz/Gregory about Jake's anger towards Jason, BLQ/Chase about money and Laura/Cyrus about pressing charges against Sonny.

That sounds like what the spoiler sites showed for Tuesday but not what I saw today. I'm honestly confused.

• Like 1