Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Well that is twice that Ace has been kidnapped by the Cassadines. And he hasn't reach his first birthday yet.

I don't want to rewatch but did Cyrus realize that Dex was trying to kill him and that he worked for Sonny?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't want to rewatch but did Cyrus realize that Dex was trying to kill him and that he worked for Sonny?

Since he was lying there with his eyes only half-closed and later grabbed Dex's arm, I'd say yes, he knew what Dex was up to. I imagine thinking it was at Sonny's bidding would have been his immediate conclusion, whether or not he knew who Dex was. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, mjt626 said:

I’m sorry, but it’s incredibly hard to believe that Nikolas is a better parent than Esme, when he has abandoned his two sons on multiple occasions. 

Plus all of the other crimes he has committed over the years.

Edit: So Spencer just handed off his little brother to a man that said child doesn’t know. So that said child, will probably never see any of the people he knows, loves and trusts again? On what planet is that healthy for Ace?  And if they think that Esme is reverting back to form, what do they think she’s going to do now?

Esme should have Spencer’s ass thrown in prison for aiding and abetting a kidnapping.  He has priors, so they would probably throw the book at him.

Oh, who am I kidding, nothing realistic or logical will happen

• Like 11
(edited)

I agree this crazy twist is to get NAC offscreen for his Netflix filming.  This is why I'm for temp recasts.  This is out of character for Spencer, and they don't need to do these things.  I know Soap Twitter is crazy, but if you watch soaps you need to accept that sometimes there will be temp recasts, period.  Get  over it.  What they are going to when NAC leaves all together, and the role is perm recast, I don't know.   

Edit: I am just going to delete all of that and leave it at: I will be happy when NAC is recast.  Good for him to going on to bigger and better, and this is all so CRINGE at this point.  I like Sprina but the stans are cringe. 

Anyway...yeah both Spencer and Nicholas should be arrested for this. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

Social media has its definite downsides. Well-intentioned and not well-intentioned fans overstep all the time and clog up actors’ notifications and snitch tag. In the before times, the comings and goings column in SOD preserved everyone’s sanity. Whatever NAC does, I wish him well, but this situation is a tricky one for him and the show and I hope he and the show try to handle it correctly. NAC was never on camera before this show so it literally launched him and Sprina has been a moneymaker for him. The “other brother” could be the one who really breaks out from this Murphy project and Murphy moves on from people, all the time. It’s the nature of the business. Tread carefully, is all I’m saying. People definitely need to calm down.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
54 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Social media has its definite downsides. Well-intentioned and not well-intentioned fans overstep all the time and clog up actors’ notifications and snitch tag. In the before times, the comings and goings column in SOD preserved everyone’s sanity. Whatever NAC does, I wish him well, but this situation is a tricky one for him and the show and I hope he and the show try to handle it correctly. NAC was never on camera before this show so it literally launched him and Sprina has been a moneymaker for him. The “other brother” could be the one who really breaks out from this Murphy project and Murphy moves on from people, all the time. It’s the nature of the business. Tread carefully, is all I’m saying. People definitely need to calm down.

Oh I agree.  That could happen.  I'm someone who believed I would see Billy Miller in either primetime or on cable.  I was wrong.  If I had to lay odds I would bet that NAC does hit it and get a lot of attention with Monster.  But both actors are gorgeous and either one of them could be the breakout star.  Or neither of them, or both of them.  It all remains to be seen.  I believe for him personally he would be so much better out of the soap fandom, but you are totally right, he's making money off the Sprina fandom.   Which raises other issues in my mind. But I'll keep that to myself. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I'm someone who believed I would see Billy Miller in either primetime or on cable. 

The late Billy Miller was in some bigger projects, but I think he recognized the bread and butter value of Daytime in a fickle industry and was wise too. He also owned restaurants too if I am not mistaken. 

Pap walks and PR relationships are also things Daytime folks don’t have to deal with... ;-) 

And, yes, the less said is probably best about the profit sharing, but I will say NAC bears significant responsibility for checking out of GH the right way if and when he leaves. 

• Like 1

It's still difficult to make the crossover from soaps to prime time. Talent is only a part of the equation; I think luck and timing play bigger roles. Even if NAC makes a splash in Monster, he has to follow that up with good choices, in terms of both roles and how he sees his career evolving. None of that is a given.

• Like 7

Yeah, I'm not making any bets on where he is longterm.  IF I were forced to bet about the initial reaction, I think he'll garner a lot of attention. What happens after that I don't even have a suspicion of.  You're right, a lot can go wrong.  I just am one who finds hard stanning embarrassing and I wouldn't be sorry for this to all end, that's all.  I wouldn't dare say it on Twitter because I don't want the grief, but I'm kind of rooting for it (and I do think he's talented).  Of course, that would still leave me with The Carlys so...no hope there. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina to Carly/Drew:  Michael knew the truth and didn't tell anybody.

Whooeee, Cynthia's line read on that was hilarious.  

i bet it reeked of "So go yell at him, for a change"

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Color me confused.   I didn't see Adam's drunk/drug binge as a suicide attempt, merely because of the public location he chose and the 6? pills he took (along with the booze).  I saw it as an accidental OD.  Do people who off themselves take their guitar with them?

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 5

Run Nina, run. Willow is yelling at you for telling the truth now and her smug self-righteousness is off the charts. Sonny hates you for reporting a crime, and everyone blames you because Carly and Drew got consequences for their actions. I hate that Nina has to grovel to these low lifes.

I'm sure Carly will forgive Michael at the start of the next episode. Keeping Nina from Willow is what she herself did after all.

"Drew, the man who saved my life."  Barf Drew enabled you and Liesl to save Willow's life. which I am now thinking is a big mistake. The show doesn't need any  more water carriers for the Carlys.

Spemcer accuses Esme of blowing up his life,  No, Spencer, that would be you. Take responsibility for your actions. Then Spencer blackmails Esme after kidnapping her son.

Liz think that the other doctor should break medical ethics because Finn is nice man.

A+ misogynism, show.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Run Nina, run. Willow is yelling at you for telling the truth now and her smug self-righteousness is off the charts. Sonny hates you for reporting a crime, and everyone blames you because Carly and Drew got consequences for their actions. I hate that Nina has to grovel to these low lifes.

I'm sure Carly will forgive Michael at the start of the next episode. Keeping Nina from Willow is what she herself did after all.

Nina should put all her mother/daughter energy into Sasha. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 10

Willow's expression when Michael called her during work to tell her about a puppet show Wiley was putting on was hilarious. "I know exactly what you're trying to do and I'm not having it." Emotional blackmail much, Michael? You suck. And Willow, yell at your husband for blackmailing Nina, not for Nina getting blackmailed.

LOL that Michael thinks Ned should lose ELQ because Michael was stupid enough to hand over his proxy with those dumb caveats. Ned, why did you cave?

"Here you are, my birth mother. Petty, vindictive, and selfish to the core." That also perfectly describes your mother-in-law, Willow.

Everything that happened with the SEC stuff gave me a rage blackout. The writers are doubling down on the stupidity of it and piling it all on Nina even more.

Drewfus, you can't see why parents would put pressure on their kids? You can't make the leap that maybe that's what you did to Scout with private school?

9 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Do people who off themselves take their guitar with them?

Maybe, but I think the bigger point is that Joss is the one claiming a suicide attempt when she has absolutely no experience or training to make that kind of assessment. Not that that would ever stop her, but for the GH staff to run with it is annoying.

I don't get why Spencer could hold the idea that Esmé is a good mother to Ace and also have gotten her memories back and might regress before Nik returned, but once Nik started yapping, Spencer thought it was the best thing for Ace for the father who knows nothing about him to take him away from everything he know. 

I can sum up today's ep like this: UGH. GAH. STAHP.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Michael thinks Ned should lose ELQ because Michael was stupid enough to hand over his proxy with those dumb caveats. Ned, why did you cave?

MIchael handed over his proxy? to whom? why? 

I have to say - there really becomes a point where you naturally just stop listening because you're getting yelled at all the time, nod your head and say, "okay fine." and walk off.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Here you are, my birth mother. Petty, vindictive, and selfish to the core." That also perfectly describes your mother-in-law, Willow.

that should be Nina's moment. stop defending, stop listening, walk off, and just let her be a judgemental cow. it's not worth it. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

These fucking writers.  With the absolute knowledge I'm repeating myself for the 100th time, this is terrible writing when, no matter what--NO MATTER WHAT--Carly and her minions have to win.  Not only win, but face zero consequences, to the detriment of any character who crosses their path.  It's just such shitty, no nuance writing.

• Like 5
  • Applause 19
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

These fucking writers.  With the absolute knowledge I'm repeating myself for the 100th time, this is terrible writing when, no matter what--NO MATTER WHAT--Carly and her minions have to win.  Not only win, but face zero consequences, to the detriment of any character who crosses their path.  It's just such shitty, no nuance writing.

Yeah I'm gonna be fast forwarding all this.  I will watch Tracy, Spencer, and Esme.  I can't believe they are doing this with WIllow again, I really thought they wouldn't go back to that.  They're not done, but I am.   And when the people I really enjoy aren't on screen at all, I will skip the whole episode.   I personally love watching Spencer and Esme, and their nuttiness doesn't outrage me, I enjoy their performances.  I can't say the same for the other group.  I won't be seeing my fav, Cynthia, until this is all over, other than when she has scenes with Cyrus. 

• Like 10

Does Spencer really believe that because Esme apparently recovered her memory (based on her use of his old nickname) that allowing a person to take her son without her consent and knowledge is justified? So what! IRL people who have committed horrible crimes may lose custody of their children, but only after it is determined that they are guilty and / or unfit. I don't think that anyone has conclusively proven that Nik is Ace's father, but even if he is, what makes him a better parent? How can he even say that Esme should remember being imprisoned at Windermere by his father and still think that Nik should have Ace?

You'd also think Spencer would remember the way his father raised him and realize that this is not the best way to grow up. 

Esme, call 911 this second! (Not that the cracker-jack PCPD will find Nik without the WSB's help).

Why didn't Finn and Liz get his lawyer (Martin?) to identify an expert witness? That's the way this is done in the real world. There's no guarantee that anything they find out will help his case at all or even be admissible.

• Like 8

This show is truly abysmal. Nina deserves a better daughter than Willow. I imagine there will be some emotional blackmail going on next time Willow needs Nina for something.

These writers are exhausting and incompetent. The Carlys are irredeemable pieces of shit. I guess at least Drew got to yell at Michael a bit, but I imagine that will be used against him when his sainted, holier than thou, twin brother returns.

Nina should pour her energy into other people instead of having to grovel at the altar of those morons. 

Esme showed a lot of restrain with Spencer when it dawned on her that he handed Ace over to Nikolas. Esme did what she did and she should pay for it, but taking away her kid is a really cruel punishment. But I think this is the only thing the writers could come up with to unleash her.

• Like 15

Agggghhh! Spencer says that Esme got her memory back after she broke into Windermere and revisited the "scene of the crime" like that's a reason to give her son away. Doesn't he remember that crime part of the "scene of the crime" was Nik's imprisoning Esme for months? So that's the person who should have the baby? Lots of crimes going on here.

• Like 11

Everything to do with this SEC story and everyone involved (except Tracy and Ned) can disappear unlamented from my screen. 

What a waste to throw Esme (and Nicholas, for that matter) into this ridiculous Ace-on-the-run storyline, when we could have had a much more intriguing story about a young woman trying to reconcile her past and present to find her true identity (with the help of her Uncle Kevin).  AP is more than capable.

The Finn debacle---they had to bring in an outside expert to make the astute observation that patients don't keep appointments?  Uh-huh.

Drivel.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, ciarra said:
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And make Sasha her sole heir.

You know the Carlys would pillory Nina for giving up on her family. Nina can't win no matter what.

We've suffered through months of Nina being piled on one way or another. When Nina is getting blamed for being blackmailed, it's time to change the direction of the story. I'd like to see her do something for the Carlys that's so significantly good they can't deny it, and then have things go from there. They'll still hate her and accuse of acting in her own self-interest, but at least Nina would have something unarguably decent on her scorecard.

And speaking of blackmail, I hope Esmé calls Spencer's bluff. I can't believe that turd put his own feelings for revenge ahead of the well-being of his 1-year-old brother.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

So Esme gets her memory back and folks figured it out in a week? Way to leave story on the table. That could have driven story for a long time with her fooling Laura, Spencer, etc. Have Kevin figure it out first and try to guide her to the righteous path and create tension with Laura when it was revealed. If this were Passions, Reilly would have had her running around doing monologues for a year and a half. Not that that's the kind of storytelling I want on GH. But at least milk it for some drama. 

This show is desperately in need of a new, strong head writer. Right now things just happen. There's very little build and the tension gets released too soon. The only story they milked for any tension was the stupid SEC story. I know its hard with this shooting model and they are recovering from the strike. But this show is listless. It looks pretty good and the cast is mainly strong. but the storytelling is incompetent.

Carly and Felicia's one day adventure in human trafficking could have kicked off a whole new story. Instead it appears already forgotten. The only juice this show has had of late came from Bobbie's death and reflections of the BJ story. Is there a single thing from the last few years that would evoke any emotion when brought up a year from now, let alone in 30 years? Frank is keeping the trains runnimg but they are going nowhere.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

And make Sasha her sole heir.

no she loves her grandchildren too much for that. so split three ways. 

27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd like to see her do something for the Carlys that's so significantly good they can't deny it, and then have things go from there. They'll still hate her and accuse of acting in her own self-interest, but at least Nina would have something unarguably decent on her scorecard.

honestly. the fact that she tried to give Carly her hotel back should have been enough. (because i would never have done that). and then on top of that the fact that she said she was going to make into an inheritance for Wiley that was independent of the craziness of the Q stock shifting and Corinthos mob drama should have been indicative that she DOES care about her grandchild but nope. 

If she did something - hand to heart one of those dipsticks would say its so that Nina would get an in with them again

• Like 8
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yes! Hell, adopt her now and have fabulous mother/daughter outings. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

honestly. the fact that she tried to give Carly her hotel back should have been enough. (because i would never have done that).

She didn't do that out of the goodness of her heart. The only reason she attempted to do that was because it was Michael's main condition to keep her secret. 

I like Nina and despise Carly, but Nina's not some innocent here. Just like Drew and Carly are actually guilty of the crime that it was somehow oh so wrong to turn them in for, Nina is to blame for being blackmailed by Michael. Nina had so much blow up in her face when she kept Sonny in the place I will not name. Instead of learning anything from that, she kept this stupid secret, knowing it would blow up her life and relationships with Sonny and Willow. If she had told the truth, Michael (Ned and Cyrus) would have had nothing to hold over her head. 

I thought Willow was too harsh with her today, but Nina did herself no favors with some of the bullshit she was trying to shovel. She was rightfully gleeful when she threw it in Carly and Drew's face that Michael knew the truth, but when Willow calls her on it, she blatantly lies and pretends she didn't want to do it. Then, she tries to claim she gave in to Michael's blackmail because she was looking out for MICHAEL?! What? Just be freakin' honest. No, it wouldn't have earned her any points with Willow, but be honest. Yeah, I told Drew and Carly the truth because I want Michael to hurt as much as I'm hurting. Yes, I gave in to Michael's blackmail because I didn't want to lose you or Sonny. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She didn't do that out of the goodness of her heart. The only reason she attempted to do that was because it was Michael's main condition to keep her secret. 

I believe when she first bought the hotel she tried to either give it to Carly or sell it to her cheaply. It’s the reason she bought it. That was pre Michael blackmailing her. 

• Like 18

Nina initially bought the hotel with the intention of giving it to Carly. Not selling. GIVING. Free and clear. She offered it to Carly, who told her to go to hell and then proceeded to whine to anyone who would listen about how she lost her hotel and couldn’t stand that Nina was running it. This was long before nina notified the SEC and even longer before Michael insisted she sell Carly back the hotel. So she tried to do the right thing and no one was interested.

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
48 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

the first time was 100 percent out of the goodness of her heart. she wanted to bury the hatchet and just put everything behind them and so she bought the hotel to give it back to Carly. Carly said she wanted nothing from Nina, and knowing that Willow was Nina's daughter at the time, said to her "Well i have my family, and that's all i need." and walked off with Drew. 

20 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Nina initially bought the hotel with the intention of giving it to Carly. Not selling. GIVING. Free and clear. She offered it to Carly, who told her to go to hell and then proceeded to whine to anyone who would listen about how she lost her hotel and couldn’t stand that Nina was running it. This was long before nina notified the SEC and even longer before Michael insisted she sell Carly back the hotel. So she tried to do the right thing and no one was interested.

yeuppers. 
That one cracked me up too. and then Olivia got pissy and kept saying "what's your number" to buy out Nina and by that point Nina said if Carly didn't want it, she was going to give to to Wiley and she was gonna make it shine for him. 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Far be it from me to defend Michael but on what planet would Drew expect Michael to choose him over Sonny? Nothing about their relationship has ever showed that Michael genuinely cares about him outside of the guy his mom is involved with and it isn’t his fault that Drew acts like his lapdog because he knows it’ll please Carly. They weren’t close at all before Carly and Drew started being joined at the hip even though they were living in the same house and knew they were related. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

then Olivia got pissy and kept saying "what's your number" to buy out Nina and by that point Nina said if Carly didn't want it, she was going to give to to Wiley and she was gonna make it shine for him. 

Exactly! So the Carlys can all go screw with their ‘Nina is evil’ mantra. 

it seems pretty clear that Chris and Dan are royally pissed that stories actually moved and progress was made while they were on strike. So now they’re being all pissy and fucking up the show. 🤬

• Fire 7
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Far be it from me to defend Michael but on what planet would Drew expect Michael to choose him over Sonny? Nothing about their relationship has ever showed that Michael genuinely cares about him outside of the guy his mom is involved with and it isn’t his fault that Drew acts like his lapdog because he knows it’ll please Carly. They weren’t close at all before Carly and Drew started being joined at the hip even though they were living in the same house and knew they were related. 

you know. I can see it. 
Michael was all "OMG my Daddy doesn't love my Mommy anymore, so I am just going to hang out with you , Drew, as long as you tell me how amazing and special I am." which Drew accomplished they were all conspiring to take over ELQ from Ned and I don't remember him telling Drew that he actually can stomach Sonny now. So yeah Drew thinking he is in higher standing than Sonny makes sense since he's stupid and everything

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
22 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I mean who does Drew think he is? Jason?

• LOL 16

Nina needs to be done with her so called daughter.  Willow is vile and doesn't deserve Nina when she idolizes the woman who sold her and murdered people. 

Nina needs to stop begging for anything from Willow.  Willow calls her awful then stop trying. Go parent Charlotte and Sasha. 

Why does Ned need to lose anything? He did nothing wrong, he was wrongly accused and attacked.  

Did they think it would be icky if Drew call Michael his nephew and instead said friend? 

Nikolas needs to be locked up and jailed for what he did too. He can't just steal a baby when he's already wanted by police. Call the police Esme.  It is kidnapping by both of them.  

Drew thinks he trumps Sonny and Willow to Michael?

• Like 9

After being reminded today of how much I dislike the sanctimonious crowd (Willow, Carly, Drew, and Michael, I'm calling you out), I'm glad I'm taking a week's vacation as of tomorrow and will get a break from them.

Same goes for Finn and Elizabeth.

But Tracy? I'll miss you while I'm away.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

Carly and Felicia's one day adventure in human trafficking could have kicked off a whole new story. Instead it appears already forgotten. The only juice this show has had of late came from Bobbie's death and reflections of the BJ story. Is there a single thing from the last few years that would evoke any emotion when brought up a year from now, let alone in 30 years? Frank is keeping the trains runnimg but they are going nowhere.

They're probably speedrunning plot to close out Chavez's story (I know how I'd deal with Spencer's exit but that's another topic), and while I do think Bobbie's work with trafficking could also spur a larger arc I was happy with what they did there. But I am inclined to agree overall - Frank simply keeps the show very static to keep it in what he believes is a stable state where it won't upset too many applecarts or Facebook moms, and beyond that he plays his own favorites where he can.

I do think Esme, say, gaslighting and terrorizing an unsuspecting Laura a la Edge of Night re: her past breakdown would be gold and would have the audience hooked. But I also don't generally subscribe to what seems to be the common board opinion about Esme. I think Avery Pohl is very talented; I think Esme makes a great villain who should recur off and on, like Heather does, like Ryan did, like Obrecht should be doing. I have zero interest in a redeemed Esme or a grey heroine Esme. They tried that for a year; it doesn't work and defangs the character when a portion of the cast sit around patting her hand, plus she still did what Esme did when she had her memory as a cloaking technique for her other schemes, namely passive aggression and whining and screaming when she didn't get her way. I also find the racial optics re: casually handwaving her crimes over Trina and Spencer pretty ugly. I enjoy having her around for arcs, and I don't think the Cassadine men are saintly heroes themselves (I think Nikolas is pretty done as a character with Tyler gone, despite Adam Huss's excellent work over the last year) but by the same token Esme doesn't deserve the custody of a pet rock after what she's pulled. She's bad news and it's fine (and fun) to play her that way. Esme whining when Spencer won't spend an evening with her or howling when she doesn't get her way and has to spend a night in the pokey for her latest misdemeanor, miss me with it. Bring on the gaslights! As Grin says, tell a real story with real teeth.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Why does Ned need to lose anything? He did nothing wrong, he was wrongly accused and attacked.  

Did I hear this correctly? Michael said Ned needs to give him his proxy (?) back because it was contingent on the information about Nina not being released, and now it was revealed (by Nina and Michael) so Ned loses out? Ned reasonably points out that he didn't reveal anything, but Michael says that the cat's out of the bag, so the deal is off. What the heck kind of deal is that? Talk about a loophole that a truck can drive through - so if anyone at all reveals that Nina told the SEC about Drew and Carly then Ned loses. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6

I only found Esme interesting and fun to watch when she was being shady. Amnesiac Esme bored me to tears and tbh, I didn’t think AP had the chops to make a good girl character compelling or likable. It was bland on top of bland and we have more than enough younger characters who filled that same role. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Why they didnt just give Esme a twin a la Ryan and Kevin and have her go full psycho is beyond me. Keep the actress as she is strong but lose the character.

In fact, what if that trafficking victim had been that twin? She comes to town and is horrified by her sister. She could even go to work at the hotel and become close with Nina, annoying Carly. Now we keep AP in a viable part and can use Esme as recurring villain. 

I agree with Jase thay the story around Bobbies death and her secret life was good in the moment. But it left no lasting impact on the canvas. I wish it had.

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I don't think the Cassadine men are saintly heroes themselves (I think Nikolas is pretty done as a character with Tyler gone, despite Adam Huss's excellent work over the last year) but by the same token Esme doesn't deserve the custody of a pet rock after what she's pulled.

I agree. AH was tasked with the impossible. Seeing NAC today, I saw the OG Dark Prince TC. 

If they should find themselves in similar circumstances, the show should learn from the Fish Taco and Frosted Tips debacle after Tyler and JJ’s ‘90s exits. Just don’t. 

• Like 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ComeWhatMay said:

If they should find themselves in similar circumstances, the show should learn from the Fish Taco and Frosted Tips debacle after Tyler and JJ’s ‘90s exits. Just don’t. 

I think Huss is really talented and has done exceptional work. I also see little romantic chemistry with MW and I think all the grueling drama material he's done leaves little room for a more normalized Nikolas on the canvas again. I can't really see his Nik just sitting around chilling with folks or romancing the ladies as a functional lead. So, given that I am not keen on questing for Nikolas #5 (not counting the white dude from Sunset Beach) and I think the character should be retired permanently. I'm open to being proven wrong.

49 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Why they didnt just give Esme a twin a la Ryan and Kevin and have her go full psycho is beyond me. Keep the actress as she is strong but lose the character.

That almost always ends poorly, IMO. The twin ends up bland and boring and people get tired of watching 'em real fast. I've watched Pohl play a vaguely 'nice' iteration of Esme; I was bored.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

If she did something - hand to heart one of those dipsticks would say its so that Nina would get an in with them again

Already done -- Nina trying to give Carly back the MetroCourt for free and everyone saying she only did it to clear her conscience. Nina cannot win with these writers. Nor can Esme. Or Tracy.

3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Did I hear this correctly? Michael said Ned needs to give him his proxy (?) back because it was contingent on the information about Nina not being released, and now it was revealed (by Nina and Michael) so Ned loses out? Ned reasonably points out that he didn't reveal anything, but Michael says that the cat's out of the bag, so the deal is off. What the heck kind of deal is that?

The "Carlys must always win" kind of deal.

Ned should never have given have given the proxy  back. He should have kept it as compensation for his pain and suffering for being   constantly unfairly attacked .

• Like 6
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Whenever I see comments about the "veterans" not being featured enough, I fear that someone associated with GH is going to take that to mean Dex and Drew, since they were in the military. 

Sonny's face when he turned around at the hospital and saw Nina was hilarious to me. Mo overshot the mark just enough for it to be funny. The face he made is more appropriate for turning around to see Nina in a clown costume handing out popsicles. I had to freeze it on the spot; I needed a few more seconds with it. Then I made a side-by-side with a meme of a bewildered cat. You're welcome.

Sonny and Cat.jpg

Nothing more adorable than a fat kitty.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, Daisy said:

i bet it reeked of "So go yell at him, for a change"

Carly Prime is just vile.  The scene at the hospital was just gross.  Although it was good to see the battle of the entitled assholes at the Q mansion.  I hope Ned keeps that proxy and tells SLS Carly to fuck off.  I also hope SLS tries to sucker punch someone else, but they see it coming and beat the living hell out of him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6