Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I knew it was Charlotte but I’m not mad it at. Better her than one of the random recurring villains this show loves to drag out of the closet. 

Given that Ned/Olivia have never excited me, watching them fall in love again bores me to tears. The only reason they’ve made any sense together is because Olivia is a bootleg Lois but while I loved Ned/Lois, Ned/Olivia have never done anything for me. Somehow they’ve created a character that only possesses the Lois characteristics that I was annoyed by and left out the reasons I liked her. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Now that we’ve gotten multiple episodes of Cody/Sasha scenes, I don’t think they have it as far as a pairing. They have chemistry but not romantic chemistry. He comes off like her goofy big brother in their scenes, which is cute but definitely not what they’re going for

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

don’t know if I agree with that. It gets ignored now because we supposed to think Micheal is the golden child but he had a traumatic upbringing.

The exception that proves the rule? 🙂 

You're right, of course. But I think overall, if I had to be a soap kid, I'd want to have villain parents. Even if you are just a trophy. 

I knew as soon as they brought Scarlet back as Charlotte that it would be for a big story, but I assumed it was the awakening of Lulu not the gaslighting of Anna.  Clearly she's only responsible for the hotel room  and not the fire or the shooting at the pool.  So are there two people after Anna?  She's a popular girl!

The quad at the safehouse were all hand wringing that there is no evidence.  Uhm, I'd bet actual money that if Gladys was arrested and parked in the interogation room she would break in minutes and give up Montague.  At that point there would be no reason to continue protecting him.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The quad at the safehouse were all hand wringing that there is no evidence.  Uhm, I'd bet actual money that if Gladys was arrested and parked in the interogation room she would break in minutes and give up Montague.  At that point there would be no reason to continue protecting him.  

Which would lead to a court order to examine Montague's finances and voila!

This is so stupid.

• Like 9

Color me shocked but I really enjoyed the Curtis/Trina scenes AFTER Portia left. I thought those were nice scenes and I wasn’t mad at Curtis! As a Trina fan, it was nice to see her able to speak to a parental figure about Spencer without judgment and scorn. I think Taggart would have been good in the scene too but he doesn’t like Spencer either. Curtis seemed more neutral, and I must admit he raised the same questions I’ve been wanting Trina to raise with Spencer, which may really be why I liked the scenes! LOL! 😂 But seriously, what is Spencer’s plan if Esme leaves town, and does he really intend on being a father to his baby brother for the rest of his life?!? And is Trina going be ok with Esme forever being a part of her life? All valid, good questions if you ask me! I also liked Curtis telling Trina to live in the moment. That’s good advice for her too. It doesn’t all have to be figured out now though I hope we get a real conversation between Sprina soon on some of these things! 

I also liked the Dex/Sonny scenes. Dex seemed smart today (lol) so the scenes worked for me. I’m glad Sonny is smart enough to not continue with Pikeman right now. It was nice to see Dex competent for once! 

So, at the end of yesterday’s episode, I thought it was Anna. My sister speculated Alex but after the beginning scenes today, I knew it was Charlotte. Why did Valentin lie about it to Anna though? Ease her mind why don’t you? He knows she’s freaked out! Unless they’re making Charlotte a psycho, I doubt she burned down Anna’s home but you never know with these writers! 

I’m wondering if Ms. Wu hurts Marshall, which sparks Curtis to return to the club?! There had to be a larger point to that N’neka/Portia scene, right?!? Lol  Anvils dropping….maybe. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I love me some David Vickers and squeed at the name drop, but there’s no way in HELL Blair would have slept with him, unless it was part of some plot with Dorian (Blair’s aunt and David’s wife). Perhaps “Joe” came back for Dorian?!?

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Thank god it wasn't He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Actually think that's a decent little twist.  Her mom's in a coma, her grandmother is off searching the world, her dad isn't around much--totally lashing out at the nearest available person.  Get her in therapy to deal with her anger.

If this show was capable of featuring characters in more than one story, this would be a good time to build a relationship between Spencer and Charlotte. He can relate to an missing mother, an absent father, and a grandmother who cares always has something more vital going on.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

I didn't look at this forum yesterday and was stumped at who Nina and Valentine were seeing. Boy, do I feel stupid, but I do appreciate being surprised for once  (although it was obvious from the moment Charlotte arrived at the beginning of the episode.) 

• Like 1

Don't forget the other HUGE reveal today!!!! When Dex first entered Sonny's office he said that their shipment of "knock-off shoes" had been delivered. Okay, seriously?! Are we really to believe that all this time Sonny has been dealing in fake desiger footwear?!  😂  I can't!!! 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

I say again that I don't understand why everyone seems to support Spencer's delusion that he is in control of Esme and Ace. His asking Alexis to "check on them" when he leaves for two days, Trina assuming that her future with him includes them. Ace has a parent who is shown capable of caring for him and that is all that matters. Spencer's relationship with him is irrelevant. I really want Esme to move out with him. I really liked Esme's and Gregory's scene. Lavender ice cream is the bomb, huh?

Kudos to all who called Charlotte as the vandal. I get the ruining of Anna's clothes, etc but she would have no knowledge of whatever Anna did that she was supposed to regret, as Victor said. So who is using Charlotte?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Don't forget the other HUGE reveal today!!!! When Dex first entered Sonny's office he said that their shipment of "knock-off shoes" had been delivered. Okay, seriously?! Are we really to believe that all this time Sonny has been dealing in fake desiger footwear?!  😂  I can't!!! 🤣🤣

If Quentin Tarantino is a GH fan, he must be kicking himself that he never thought of a mobster who deals in fake designer footwear. With his well-documented fetishes, that scenario practically writes (and shoots) itself! 

• LOL 3

Well done, everyone who guessed Charlotte! Better than the alternative, that's for sure.

I missed the first half of the episode, but I got to see JSP's desperately constipated face every time he looked at his demon child. Charlotte was over-indulged, perfect little girl who can do no wrong. The only parent who tried to parent her properly was Lulu, who is in a coma. 

I don't see the show handling this properly at all. Valentin will ask why she did it, she'll tell him why, he'll tell her what she did was wrong, then ask her if she wants to go for ice cream. Because this is what passes for parenting on this show.

Charlotte has been bouncing around from home to home, so if she wants some stability and be with just her father, then she should have it with a healthy dose of therapy. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, susannah said:

I say again that I don't understand why everyone seems to support Spencer's delusion that he is in control of Esme and Ace. His asking Alexis to "check on them" when he leaves for two days, Trina assuming that her future with him includes them. Ace has a parent who is shown capable of caring for him and that is all that matters. Spencer's relationship with him is irrelevant. I really want Esme to move out with him. 

Because Esme doesn’t move like a single parent. She moves like she’s co-parenting with Spencer. She calls him for everything - when the baby needs a bottle, when she the baby needs a song, when they go to the pool, etc. She’s not behaving like a single mom, and Spencer is not behaving like a big brother. He behaves like a dad, and as I see it, Esme has come to rely on him like a dad, which is largely Spencer’s fault but I don’t see Esme NOT wanting that. She hasn’t told him in no uncertain terms that Ace is her kid, and she won’t tolerate him being up in her life like that. Esme wants Spencer up in her life at this point. I completely understand why Trina (and everyone) thinks Esme will always be a factor. Why would they not think that? Nothing about the way Spencer and Esme move indicates them separating and moving into more traditional roles w/r/t Ace any time soon. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't see the show handling this properly at all. Valentin will ask why she did it, she'll tell him why,

I'm thinking charlotte won't have any memory of what she did.  I'm guessing someone isn't dead (Victor or Helena ) and they're brainwashing Charlotte.  I'd guess that CT doesn't want to come back, so I'm guessing Victor is still alive and is the puppet master.  He would also have been the one to set the fire since we saw a man's legs/feet and not Charlotte. 

The shooting at the pool could have been him or someone (possibly ) Selena, shooting at Curtis.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm thinking charlotte won't have any memory of what she did.  I'm guessing someone isn't dead (Victor or Helena ) and they're brainwashing Charlotte.  I'd guess that CT doesn't want to come back, so I'm guessing Victor is still alive and is the puppet master.  He would also have been the one to set the fire since we saw a man's legs/feet and not Charlotte. 

I hope that this is a choice that Charlotte made and that she is acting out of grief and a feeling of abandonment rather than her being brainwashed into doing things or having a brain tumor that's dictating her behavior.

She's a teenager and her life has been sort of messed up from the moment of conception up till now. 

I think it's normal that she would lash out in the way that she did. If it's a cry for attention, then she should be able to have it.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

I don't think it makes sense for Victor to be behind it. Charlotte was terrified of him. He kept her from her father and her loved ones. She was relieved when Laura and Valentin got her out of that boarding school. Why would she go along with any plan Victor devised?

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Why would she go along with any plan Victor devised?

She may not be aware of it.  Victor had her for awhile, keeping her from Valentin.  He could have brainwashed her with a trigger, like Drew.  Maybe her trigger is a Uno card!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, susannah said:

I say again that I don't understand why everyone seems to support Spencer's delusion that he is in control of Esme and Ace. His asking Alexis to "check on them" when he leaves for two days, Trina assuming that her future with him includes them.

One of the reasons Spencer is hanging on to Ace is that he has nothing else of substance in his life. Trina has college and her job at Ava's and her dreams for her life in the future. Spencer has no job, no home of his own, no idea of what he wants in life, no business experience to handle the Cassadine fortune. All he has is his hatred of his father and his belief that both Nik and Esme are inadequate to taking care of Ace so he has to.

Trina is not wrong to make the assumption that Ace and Esme are a package deal with Spencer.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

Because Esme doesn’t move like a single parent. She moves like she’s co-parenting with Spencer. She calls him for everything - when the baby needs a bottle, when she the baby needs a song, when they go to the pool, etc. She’s not behaving like a single mom, and Spencer is not behaving like a big brother. He behaves like a dad, and as I see it, Esme has come to rely on him like a dad, which is largely Spencer’s fault but I don’t see Esme NOT wanting that. She hasn’t told him in no uncertain terms that Ace is her kid, and she won’t tolerate him being up in her life like that. Esme wants Spencer up in her life at this point. I completely understand why Trina (and everyone) thinks Esme will always be a factor. Why would they not think that? Nothing about the way Spencer and Esme move indicates them separating and moving into more traditional roles w/r/t Ace any time soon. 

Edited 5 hours ago by lala2

I agree, but it looks to me like Spencer has gotten Esme to think all this time like he is the de facto parent, and thus made her unsure of herself and her parenting, and the fact that she is the parent. It's taken a while, but I think she is starting to believe in herself more. She has Ace in the daycare where she works, not in Spencer's care, and she is making inquiries about moving out on her own. I think that since she has people who are supportive of her now, Alexis, and even Gregory, that she will feel stronger. JMO.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, susannah said:

it looks to me like Spencer has gotten Esme to think all this time like he is the de facto parent

When Ace was a newborn, Spencer was threatening to sue for custody, and the compromise was that he and Esmé would co-parent. So that's what they did. It makes sense to me that Esmé has gotten comfortable(ish) with it at this point. It's become the status quo. It helps that they've made Spencer a good caregiver, though I still wish people wouldn't express astonishment that he changes diapers. Uh, yeah, that's one way you take care of babies.

I wish the pace for Esmé taking steps toward independence would speed up a bit. It's hard to tell at this point if she's actually going to move out of Laura and Kevin's or if she's simply figuring out what her options might be.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish the pace for Esmé taking steps toward independence would speed up a bit. It's hard to tell at this point if she's actually going to move out of Laura and Kevin's or if she's simply figuring out what her options might be.

I do too, and I hope no one tries to talk her out of moving, if she mentions it to anyone. At least she is recognizing that she might have options now, with having a job, and some experience caring for Ace.

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned, we can talk about Esme's future AFTER she confesses what she did, shows true remorse, and pays retribution.  

She'll have to get her memories back first.  Until that time I don't care about Esme, or how she's being treated unfairly. 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Scott!!!! No Liesl but I'll take what I can get.

Elizabeth is way, way out of line to make the decision not to book an appointment for Gregory with Dr. Bronson when he asked her to. Then Finn just takes her word instead of checking out Bronson for himself, and Gregory says okay, treating Finn like a child who needs to be . 

I 100% HATE that Gregory gave in. Boundaries, people, boundaries.

Valentin is both out of line and stupid to leave Anna worrying about who trashed her hotel suite when he knows that it was Charlotte. Also stupid not to confront Charlotte right away when he saw her. The tarot cards are the most interesting thing about this.

Why is Maxie's face grey?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Scott!!!! No Liesl but I'll take what I can get.

James did mention being with Oma at Kelly's, so there's that. 

Valentin sucks. He sees how upset Anna is and still lies about Charlotte being the one who trashed her suite. If Anna doesn't cut him loose after this, she deserves whatever she gets.

And that Valentin hasn't brought it up with Charlotte yet is equally annoying. Your kid is trashing hotel rooms and terrorizing your fragile girlfriend. You can't just sweep it under the rug, you jackass.

47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I 100% HATE that Gregory gave in. Boundaries, people, boundaries.

I didn't mind. Yes, Elizabeth and Finn went about the whole thing very clumsily, but there's nothing wrong with suggesting that another doctor might be a better fit. I'm mildly surprised the idea of another opinion hasn't come up before now.

Gregory telling Tracy he has ALS before telling Chase? Gregory, you suck.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, susannah said:

I do too, and I hope no one tries to talk her out of moving, if she mentions it to anyone. At least she is recognizing that she might have options now, with having a job, and some experience caring for Ace.

Esme isn’t going anywhere. She’s in love with Spencer and that’s why she was upset yesterday. That convo she had with Heather a few months ago said it all.  She thinks her and Spencer are coparents and is basically treating him like an SO even though Spencer, Laura, and Alexis tolerate her for Ace’s sake. That was the same episode where she called him to talk about her feelings about her family and he said something about like if it’s not about Ace, he’s busy and hung up on her which confirmed what Heather was saying 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That's happened to KSt before, and some other actors. It must be a tragic combination of makeup and lighting. I can't figure out why no one has fixed it. 

The foundation they use on her is the wrong undertone 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, susannah said:

I agree, but it looks to me like Spencer has gotten Esme to think all this time like he is the de facto parent, and thus made her unsure of herself and her parenting, and the fact that she is the parent. 

I disagree. I don’t think Spencer made her unsure of herself as a parent. He just made himself the father, and she did nothing to fight him on that. Esme allowed it to happen and has come to rely on him like he’s the father. She didn’t establish any boundaries. She didn’t do things for Ace on her own. She hasn’t moved out or declared her independence or told Spencer she doesn’t want or need his help with her son. She likes the family unit she has with Spencer. She wants Spencer too and is jealous of Trina. If she moves out now, it’s only because she’s realizing she’s not getting Spencer as her man too. He’s just the co-parent (and he shouldn’t even be that). I am perfectly fine with Esme moving out with Ace. In fact, I would be ok with her leaving PC entirely. I have never felt this character had a place on this show, and I still don’t. She’s just there. She has no friends and no family. She’s just there. If she was meant to last, the character never should have been given a kid. I stand by that. The amnesia arc has only made things worse for the character. It’s clear they don’t know what to do with her. 

——————-

Valentin is a trash boyfriend and dad. He needs to tell Anna the truth and talk to Charlotte. How does dumping her at Nina’s help matters?!?!

Maxie - Wardrobe hates her. Makeup doesn’t like her either. What can you say? 

Brook Lynn was right to walk away from Tracy. Tracy screwed over her own granddaughter. Yes, the blackmail was super lame but she knew it would work, and it’s wrong to do your family like that!

So, what’s the point of this Dr. Porter stuff? A misdiagnosis maybe? I wasn’t paying close attention but I figure there has to be a larger reason for this story. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

That’s what I thought at the beginning, but Liz said he was a great diagnostician so I don’t think that’s it which is too bad.

I like Valentin better with Nina than Anna, but Come. On. Now both of them are lying to their significant other and sheltering a brat from well-deserved consequences. They keep making Nina dumb as a box of fake shoes and Valentin an immature dolt (apple - tree).

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I am perfectly fine with Esme moving out with Ace. In fact, I would be ok with her leaving PC entirely. I have never felt this character had a place on this show, and I still don’t. She’s just there. She has no friends and no family. She’s just there. If she was meant to last, the character never should have been given a kid. I stand by that. The amnesia arc has only made things worse for the character. It’s clear they don’t know what to do with her. 

I’ve long thought if they were so insistent on keeping Esme around, they should have had her associate with people outside of Spencer’s orbit. Right now, she has most of her scenes with Spencer, his gf and his aunt. Thats part of the reason she can’t move out of the house. Who would they have her around? She still has no friends, they gave her psychopaths for parents and one of them is dead.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I am SO glad Maxie let Lucy have it over her refusal to settle with Tracy and keeping the company safe, without even mentioning it to Maxie, but it figures Lucy would play the victim over it. She had no right to make that choice without Maxie's agreement, and it showed utter disregard for Maxie and her family if they lose. I hated Lucy's wailing that she would have lost the 1% in ELQ... Felicia's saying that Lucy has also worked hard is irrelevant, since it is not only Lucy who would lose. Really disliked Scott's coddling Lucy in the hall, since I assume he knows that Lucy put Maxie's livelihood at risk without a second thought. I think that is fairly unforgivable.

Valentin has been lying to Anna for a while now, this is just more. Also I don't think BrookLynn's tantrum is any great loss for Tracy. She seems rather useless.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ve long thought if they were so insistent on keeping Esme around, they should have had her associate with people outside of Spencer’s orbit. Right now, she has most of her scenes with Spencer, his gf and his aunt. Thats part of the reason she can’t move out of the house. Who would they have her around? She still has no friends, they gave her psychopaths for parents and one of them is dead.

Exactly! They did not set up the character for longevity at all. 

First, they just have her as a threat to Sprina and generally being obnoxious. She never made any friends and was always the odd person out. Second, after months of doing nothing with the character, they decide to give her a psycho for a dad and we learn she’s also psychotic because she’s doing her dad’s bidding and thinks his desire to reunite with the woman whose daughter he MURDERED is completely rational! Ok.

At some point, she drugs.  Trina, records Caoss having sex, and frames Trina for laughs. Then, she releases the recording. She has no remorse for what she did to Caoss or Trina and is fine with Trina going to prison for her actions. We’re told she supposedly loves Spencer but she has no problem screwing his dad!!! She didn’t even hesitate. Oh, and then we learn Heather - another psycho - is her mother so she has two crazy parents. Great! Finally, they unnecessarily knock her up and give her amnesia. So, she just roams around PC lugging her ginormous mutant (but cute) baby with no one to talk to and nothing to actually do! 

Nothing they’ve done with this character makes any sense!!

Edited by lala2
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Valentin is a trash father and a trash boyfriend. So we're just going to dump the problem child on Nina and go to the distraught girlfriend. I have doubts he'll come clean, which I don't even understand why he wouldn't. He's such a weasel.

Anna seeking Sonny's protection is sooo . . . yeah . . . here we are. Super spy Anna Devane turned into a mopey, wimpy thing seeking mob protection. I wonder how Finola feels about the writing of her character.

Other than that they look pretty together, Sasha and Cody don't really have much chemistry.

I'm assuming Tracy will just talk to Chase about Gregory's ALS, not knowing that he hasn't told him anything yet. I do find myself like their scenes together, though. 

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I do find myself like their scenes together, though. 

I do too. I liked how they were mildly snarky together, while becoming friends. I hope Tracy is able to treat him like she did, and not pityingly.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Desperado said:

That’s what I thought at the beginning, but Liz said he was a great diagnostician so I don’t think that’s it which is too bad.

Yes. There's been no reason given that the doctor is bad or why Gregory should change, just that there are some patients complaints about him. (Paging Dr. House.) And Gregory has nothing against him, he's only agreed to let Finn look for other doctors so that Finn can feel like he's involved. I feel like that scene was to show how good Finn and Elizabeth are together but it infantalizes Finn and makes Elizabeth look bad.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Tracy screwed over her own granddaughter.

Tracy was really channelling Edward there. It's what he would do and then say he did it for her sake because she needed to be tougher.

Valentin dumping Charlotte on Nina and then going to lie to Anna is really making a mess of it and will hopefully blow up in his face.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Tracy screwed over her own granddaughter.

I disagree. Brook Lynn made the choices she did on her own. If she didn't have enough faith in Chase to tell him the truth, that is not Tracy's fault. Tracy didn't force her to do anything.

Edited by susannah
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Sep 13 episode:

I was really glad that Sam told Dante all she knew about Sasha, Cody and Gladys and what she thought was up with Montague. It was also good to see Cody helping Sasha piece things together

• Like 4

Nice seeing Scott and Lucy together.

Charlotte spent a lot of time with Victor, boarding school and without parents.  Her going dark isn't a surprise.  She could be a better Cassadine than Spencer. 

• Like 1

The Cassadines aren't above brainwashing children to do their evil deeds - that's the justification the show used for having Helena kidnap and hold Jake hostage for years. Usually, they don't do the brainwashing on one of their own though.

As for Avery Pohl, I wish they had brought her back as a SORASed Emma. They could have written that Emma had a chance to transfer from Berkeley to PCU and since PCU has always been her dream school, she took the opening and that's why she's back in Port Charles. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hoping that someone with a better memory can help me out. During Lucy and Maxi's fight, Maxie said that Lucy got her 1% of ELQ from Alan, but my recollection is that she got the shares from Scott. Am I misremembering?

On 9/15/2023 at 12:03 PM, statsgirl said:

Today was a pretty good episode. Anna confronted Valentin, Spencer asked Alexis to look over the Cassadine legal documents, and Blair shows up. (Also we learn that she never filed paperwork for the Deceptor.)

It's amusing that Blair is helping Tracy because she's tired of paying alimony to Martin. That's what greed gets you.

If Valentin was on a plane the night of Anna's fire, he couldn't have set it. Doesn't that let him off the hook for burning her home?

Valentin, maybe not touch the crime scene.

No one hoards grudges like Carly. It's not enough to help Sonny, she has to lay into Ava as well.

If I never hear about Joss and Dex's sex life again, it will be too soon.

Ditto Nik's ranting about the Cassadine family.

Spencer: "I feel the same way about Ace that Esme does."  Puhleeze. Esme is Ace's mother, there is no way you feel the same way she does.

People tend to believe what doctors tell them, especially those who don't have a science background. The court-appointed psychiatrist tells Sasha that she needs to take these pills to get better, it's not surprising that she does what she is told.

Pills in pill bottles, probably not. But doctors do give patients drugs after appointments. Drug reps drop off lots of samples for the doctors to get the patients for free in the hope that they will write a prescription the drugs later. So while it's unusual for a doctor to give a patient pills in a bottle, it's quite normal to be given pills by the doctor during an appointment.

And let's face it, Sasha's not that bright.

In terms of story, it's the only way that Dr. Evil could make sure that Sasha would be taking these pills because if he gave her a prescription for them, the pharmacist would probably catch that they could cause hallucinations and mania.

My old GP gave me dozens of sample packs of celebrex when it was pretty new.  He had bags of them.  Felt like I was ‘trick or treating’ whenever I saw him.

I really miss that guy.

• Like 1
On 9/15/2023 at 2:29 PM, susannah said:

I really really dislike Spencer, and I am not sure who he thinks he is. He does not own Esme, and I wish Alexis hadn't agreed to "check on," meaning help control, her, plus mentioning several times that she is "good" with Ace. Esme isn't good with him, like she was a babysitter, she is a good mother, to her child, not Spencer's child, contrary to his apparent belief.  I think Esme is doing right to move into her own place with the baby and tell Spencer to go pound sand. She probably would be within her rights not even to allow Spencer visitation if she didn't want to.

I think the one who is after Anna is either Victor, who may have faked his death, or someone close to him. They aren't trying to kill her, but make her suffer, and didn't Victor say something like that to her at his memorial thing, or that she hadn't "gotten away" with something?

How does she have no money?  Dickolas is a very wealthy man, and I’m pretty sure NY family law statutes probably entitle her to substantial child support.  Like well into six figures based on his wealth.  Prior to that she should be getting lefty of state assistance.  Unless none of that exists in the tiny, tiny nonsensical pocket universe that PC inhabits.

On 9/17/2023 at 10:37 AM, tessaray said:

I liked the Blair and Tracy scenes even though the dialog was a bit clunky. They should know better though, I can't see either Martin or Lucy forgoing 50k a month for holy matrimony.  Blair would have more luck just taking Deception away and then dangling it as payment to Lucy if she got Martin to marry her. 

I had some stuff to say about the stupidity of the prison scenes but now I'll just say this - with Billy Miller's passing, it will be even harder to watch CM as Drew. 

Yeah, I was shocked to read about that.  I wonder what caused his death?

15 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

If I never hear about Joss and Dex's sex life again, it will be too soon.

I would rather hear about it, which is horrible enough, than have to see it, which seems to happen very frequently, like, is that all Joss and Dex do, no matter where they are? Never a resting moment with them!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

Yeah, I was shocked to read about that.  I wonder what caused his death?

Billy Miller suffered from bipolar disease and severe depression, which ended in suicide. I don't think many people knew of his struggles. 

1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

How does she have no money?  Dickolas is a very wealthy man, and I’m pretty sure NY family law statutes probably entitle her to substantial child support.  Like well into six figures based on his wealth.  Prior to that she should be getting lefty of state assistance.  Unless none of that exists in the tiny, tiny nonsensical pocket universe that PC inhabits.

Esme also supposedly has a trust fund from her adoptive parents, which she oddly has no access to. 

Any soap needs some characters that  have few resources but Esme's finances are just lazy writing. 

• Like 4