Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina sure as hell sparks joy in Wylie

I wonder if Wylie the Wonder Child still has nightmares from when Crazy Mommy came charging down the stairs, grabbed him, and and screamed how his grandma was a bad person.

19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But I'd rather watch Spinelli stumble around than have to sit through scenes with Michael waxing poetics about Willow and their children to the guy they cheated on. That was incredibly gross. The Carlys have no manners and don't give a fuck who they hurt.

So fucking thoughtless.  The Carlys really don't give a fuck about anyone's feelings but their own.  It never dawns on them that they, in their self-proclaimed perfection, could be offensive. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Good call on the Eddie Mayne reveal!  It would be nice if we got some flashbacks to his first run on GH.  Ned, Lois and Brenda were always fun to watch.

It was good to hear Alexis expressing interest in being back in the courtroom.  I hope there will be a little drama around whether she can be readmitted to the bar, and not just a fast track meant solely to make her available to defend Cody.

Having a major character work as a reporter is not a bad idea, but it didn't suit Alexis.  I think it could make a good profession for one of the younger characters, though.  It would give them plenty of opportunity to interact with a wide variety of people, maybe get in a little danger now and then.  Maybe Kristina?  Maybe even Cam, when he comes back.   

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Ned/Eddie better ask for Lois. 

There's too much Diane these days, when did she get Bitcoin clients?

Or course Willow in her death bed still attacking Nina. Nina unforgivable but Harmony trying to kill Carly and selling her is ok. Willow needs to die and Nina should have Sasha as a child.

Michael couldn't go on another floor and see Ned himself?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina sure as hell sparks joy in Wylie. But you know, when you've been brain washed into another cult . . .

Frightening. But I'd rather watch Spinelli stumble around than have to sit through scenes with Michael waxing poetics about Willow and their children to the guy they cheated on. That was incredibly gross. The Carlys have no manners and don't give a fuck who they hurt.

Chase should've told Michael to eat a dick and went on his way to see how Ned was doing.

And why did Michael keep going on and on about Chase having a kid?   What's that all about?  Chase and BLQ have only been back together for a hot second, so I hope they're not setting up another bun in the oven.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, sas616 said:

And why did Michael keep going on and on about Chase having a kid?   What's that all about?  Chase and BLQ have only been back together for a hot second, so I hope they're not setting up another bun in the oven.

He wants to make sure Chase's appendage still works after he kneed him there. The writers may have forgotten about that nasty piece of business, but I haven't. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Michael couldn't go on another floor and see Ned himself?

Michael barely was able to ask about Ned, and not even until Chase said it the second time, that he was here to be by BLQ's side.  And Michael's tone, was one of , he was asking out of politeness because it's expected of him.  What  a complete douche.  That along with Crew the day before, upset that Ned being in  a freakin' coma means he can't help them get out of the charges that they legally are responsible for.  

27 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Chase and BLQ have only been back together for a hot second, so I hope they're not setting up another bun in the oven.

I don't think they've ended up in bed since their reunion.  I'm more worried that we're going to get a long lost Chase baby come out of the woodwork, which will throw a wrench in Brase's newfound love.  Hey, maybe Dex is Chase's son (I'm kidding since he's too old and too gross)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sasha is a much better friend than what she deserves.

That's the case with all of the Carlys. They are way too self-absorbed to be even decent friends to others.

14 hours ago, JMO said:

Having a major character work as a reporter is not a bad idea, but it didn't suit Alexis.  I think it could make a good profession for one of the younger characters, though.

The show isn't interested in writing career-type stuff for anyone. Alexis as publisher could have worked if the show wanted it to.

Girl Reporter (i.e., Lulu) was a "writer," but that was equally badly done, mostly because she always relied on other people to do her work for her. She could have gotten involved in a number of caper-type stories, but again, the show didn't want to write that for her.

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

There's too much Diane these days, when did she get Bitcoin clients?

I think the Bitcoin thing is to set up Alexis becoming a lawyer again. I don't mind Diane (though she shouldn't be paired with Robert), and I always like seeing friend scenes, especially between women. I also liked the Finn/Elizabeth scenes, even though nothing really happened there.

3 hours ago, sas616 said:

And why did Michael keep going on and on about Chase having a kid? 

Because Michael is an insensitive asshole, and the show can't imagine anyone, male or female, who doesn't have a burning desire to be a parent. UGH.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"My name is not Ned. It's Eddie Mayne."  Okay, who on this board put that out into the universe?

Why is Diane working on a cryptocurrency case? Are there no lawyers specializing in finance in New York state?

Diane doesn't like the only black tea that I will drink, Earl Grey, so that's another justification for why I don't like her. However I like that her necklace matches her suit.

Alexis, for every impactful case a lawyer does, there are a ton of housekeeping ones. Stop complaining, you got lucky being given the Invader.

Has it only been a few hours since Ned fell into the pool, or does WK's beard not grow?

Ugh the tongue bath Chase is giving poor, poor Michael for the agony that he is going through with Willow being sick. Meanwhile, Willow seems quite healthy talking to Sasha.

A highlight is Sasha saying nice things about Nina. Of course Willow shuts that right down, saying some things can't be forgiven. Unlike Harmony stealing her and then putting her in a cult where she was sexually abused -- that can be forgiven.

Liz and Finn talking about a Hardy being in charge again was nice too.

Ned waking up when Tracy is fighting with Olivia and Brook Lynn is very Quartermaine.

Michael pushing Chase to have kids is rich given that both of Michael's kids were unexpected pregnancies.

Rachel Ames (Gran) isn't mentioned much (at all) any more.  Even Cam didn't say, "I stopped at Gran's to give her a kiss goodbye" when he left for college.  What a slap in the face to Audrey HARDY.  Elizabeth didn't even mention that her Gran, another Hardy, had been Head Nurse way back when.  It's not to late, GH!  Rachel is still with us - in fact, she's only 92.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, JMO said:

Good call on the Eddie Mayne reveal!  It would be nice if we got some flashbacks to his first run on GH.  Ned, Lois and Brenda were always fun to watch.

It was good to hear Alexis expressing interest in being back in the courtroom.  I hope there will be a little drama around whether she can be readmitted to the bar, and not just a fast track meant solely to make her available to defend Cody.

Having a major character work as a reporter is not a bad idea, but it didn't suit Alexis.  I think it could make a good profession for one of the younger characters, though.  It would give them plenty of opportunity to interact with a wide variety of people, maybe get in a little danger now and then.  Maybe Kristina?  Maybe even Cam, when he comes back.   

Remember Lulu Spencer, girl reporter?  Don't put her/that back into the Universe!  But another character working at The Invader?  Someone with a real interest in journalism, a character that has morals and ethics.  I'm all for that!  Oh, wait.  It would have to be someone new!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Elizabeth didn't even mention that her Gran, another Hardy, had been Head Nurse way back when. 

She did when talking to Finn. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was in reference to having a lot to live up to as a head nurse.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Remember Lulu Spencer, girl reporter?  Don't put her/that back into the Universe!  But another character working at The Invader?  Someone with a real interest in journalism, a character that has morals and ethics.  I'm all for that!  Oh, wait.  It would have to be someone new!

I liked Chase’s mother as a reporter. Maybe it’s because I’ve always had a soft spot for Kim Delaney, but if there was a choice to be made, I would’ve kept her on over Gregory Harrison. I had forgotten she was playing the Jackie Templeton legacy character so also easy to mix her in things.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

think the Bitcoin thing is to set up Alexis becoming a lawyer again.

If Kin is really gone, then the show needs another lawyer.  I mean, she'll make a fortune on Cody alone.  

2 hours ago, katenm said:

Is it possible Ned is just messing with his family with the "I'm Eddie Miane" line? 

No, I'm pretty sure we're going down that road and you just know the writers are going to eff it up.  I mean they already have in the sense that he knows its 2023.  If he thinks he's Eddie, he should be thinking he's in the 90s.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She did when talking to Finn. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was in reference to having a lot to live up to as a head nurse.

I laughed when she said she had to live up to Epiphany, the woman who badgered staff and patients alike.  (Referring to the character's behavior, may the actress RIP.)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Rachel Ames (Gran) isn't mentioned much (at all) any more.  Even Cam didn't say, "I stopped at Gran's to give her a kiss goodbye" when he left for college.  What a slap in the face to Audrey HARDY.  Elizabeth didn't even mention that her Gran, another Hardy, had been Head Nurse way back when.  It's not to late, GH!  Rachel is still with us - in fact, she's only 92.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I thought there was a scene where Elizabeth actually called her grandmother to tell her the news about becoming head nurse.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JMO said:

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I thought there was a scene where Elizabeth actually called her grandmother to tell her the news about becoming head nurse.

There was.  We heard her side of the conversation.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

That along with Crew the day before, upset that Ned being in  a freakin' coma means he can't help them get out of the charges that they legally are responsible for. 

that annoyed me to no end.  Not only because it's awful in and of itself, but because I still can't figure out how Ned is supposed to save the day.

10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Hey, maybe Dex is Chase's son (I'm kidding since he's too old and too gross)

Maybe Wylie is really Chase's son.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Maybe Wylie is really Chase's son.

I bet Michael wouldn't pick up Wylie and take him to Chase's like Lucas did. He'd go to court and turn Chase into the next Nina instead.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Oh, no!  I missed it!  Thanks for telling me.

yeah she was standing by the Hall of Legends, and she touched Steven Hardy''s picture and told him that she did it and then she called Gram. (I wonder because Rachael Hardy is retired from acting completely, that's why they don't really bring her out anymore because truthfully that would have been a really touching moment to see her [Audrey] be the one to tell Elizabeth that she was head nurse

14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I bet Michael wouldn't pick up Wylie and take him to Chase's like Lucas did. He'd go to court and turn Chase into the next Nina instead.

pft forget that. Michael would find out, tell Carly and they would both decide "to protect Wylie from having a cop daddy, they shouldn't say anything to anyone." and they'll keep it secret forever 

(though apparently Wylie had the same heart issues as AJ and Michael does so i dunno)

• Like 7

I assume we have the strike to thank for timekilling scenes like Finn and Elizabeth playing backgammon, which was fine if a bit of a yawn and Chase and Michael talking, which was nauseating. Chase's body language looked like he wanted to be anywhere else on the planet. (Can't say that I blame him.)

The most entertaining thing was watching Cody feed Comet carrots. And seeing him flinch when Sam called Spinelli. 🙂

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
24 minutes ago, Daisy said:
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

pft forget that. Michael would find out, tell Carly and they would both decide "to protect Wylie from having a cop daddy, they shouldn't say anything to anyone." and they'll keep it secret forever 

Seriously. The baby hoarders giving up one of their babies? Not bloody likely.

25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(though apparently Wylie had the same heart issues as AJ and Michael does so i dunno)

I want this plot point picked up and Wiley dead, please and thank you.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

why stop there, let it take Michael out too. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Too bad Willow's animosity towards Nina isn't being written as displaced animosity towards Harmony - Willow is actually incredibly angry with Harmony but since she's dead and Willow can't punish her she's punishing Harmony by taking out her anger on Nina.  Too bad this show doesn't do nuance.

• Like 13
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Don't stop at Wiley. Let's thrown in all the Carlys. The show is always better without those entitled morons.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Too bad Willow's animosity towards Nina isn't being written as displaced animosity towards Harmony - Willow is actually incredibly angry with Harmony but since she's dead and Willow can't punish her she's punishing Harmony by taking out her anger on Nina.  Too bad this show doesn't do nuance.

This is why I have to wonder if Jon Lindstrom's availability is so skewed they can't have Kevin on as much as he should be. I don't know about bone marrow - but i do know other transplants you have to have therapy before donation. You'd also think in a span of a year, Willow found out she's been kidnapped, that woman murdered several people and attempted to kill two people she''s fond of - her birth mother is Nina who she has a rocky relationship with, diagnosed with leukemia had a baby, almost died, and now ....is where she's at. (oh and her husband is a dipstick).

that's a lot of trauma right there. she should be talking to someone. about this and it would be great if all the Nina hate was actually at Harmony but she feels guility about hating a dead woman and so Nina is the next best thing.

Willow is so stepford wife it's not even funny.. I remember when people kinda Harped on Bianca after Miranda was born/kidnapped because they pretty much made Bianca into this angel where as before she was you know. what you'd expect from Erica Kane's daughter but they rectified it on other visits. all of Willow's personality (the little she had) pretty much dried up when she fell in love with Michael. she needs Kevin in the worst way to figure out why this is happening. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

that's a lot of trauma right there. she should be talking to someone. about this and it would be great if all the Nina hate was actually at Harmony but she feels guility about hating a dead woman and so Nina is the next best thing.

Willow is so stepford wife it's not even funny..

You've answered your own question in a way -- if they acknowledged how much therapy Willow needs, she wouldn't be the perfect wife for Michael and he and Carly would be at fault for not noticing how much trouble Willow is in.  We can't have that happen.

They really do write themselves into a box with their 'the Carlys can do no wrong.'

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

You've answered your own question in a way -- if they acknowledged how much therapy Willow needs, she wouldn't be the perfect wife for Michael and he and Carly would be at fault for not noticing how much trouble Willow is in.  We can't have that happen.

They really do write themselves into a box with their 'the Carlys can do no wrong.'

I’m of the opinion that Willow is written to appeal to the GH Facebook audience. There’s a huge contingent of Michael fans on there that believe that he deserves a good and supportive, i.e. submissive, wife that does no wrong, his family adores unlike the evil Nelle, and can give him a bunch of kids because he deserves to be happy. Nothing about the woman herself, just what Michael deserves. I wish I was joking

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3
36 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Nothing about the woman herself, just what Michael deserves. I wish I was joking

Nothing about Willow herself who says she's Michael's wife and the mother of his children because that's the only identity she has.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
8 hours ago, tessaray said:

I assume we have the strike to thank for timekilling scenes like Finn and Elizabeth playing backgammon, which was fine if a bit of a yawn

I didnt find it "a yawn" at all. It was lovely seeing Elizabeth and Finn just hanging out, having sweet, flirty banter. The show messed up big time in not following through after the Chase illness storyline, so this restart is nice. I can only hope that we don't go weeks between scenes as happened before and stalled them before.

• Like 8
56 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I didnt find it "a yawn" at all. It was lovely seeing Elizabeth and Finn just hanging out, having sweet, flirty banter. The show messed up big time in not following through after the Chase illness storyline, so this restart is nice. I can only hope that we don't go weeks between scenes as happened before and stalled them before.

I have no problem with them hanging out, indulging in flirty discussion. It was partly the boring backgammon discussion and that it went on so long that made me twitchy. 

I used to complain they never let scenes breathe. Now I'm conditioned to short, choppy scenes. 

On 6/16/2023 at 6:06 PM, JMO said:

Girl Reporter could always wake up.

• Like 2

No way is Nina going to confess to Sonny. That kind of earth-shattering news can only be revealed by someone else, in the middle of the concerned party’s wedding. Soap Law #219.

”I’m Eddie Maine.” FFS. Well, at least that gave me the best laugh I’ve had from this show in a long time. 

2 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Girl Reporter could always wake up.

STOP THAT. 

• LOL 10
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

No way is Nina going to confess to Sonny. That kind of earth-shattering news can only be revealed by someone else, in the middle of the concerned party’s wedding. Soap Law #219.

This show is equally capable of this reveal on a random Tuesday with Brick telling Sonny he has something to tell him and the scene cuts away to Nina receiving a call from Sonny asking her why she tipped off the SEC. I never expect this show to do anything very dramatic or shocking anymore and I'm rarely disappointed.

The last time I truly looked forward to watching episodes was back in February when The Adventures of an Amnesiac and Her Crazypants Parents were on screen. It's all been downhill from there. A lot of it was the performers in that story clearly enjoying themselves. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Mirabelle said:
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This show is equally capable of this reveal on a random Tuesday with Brick telling Sonny he has something to tell him and the scene cuts away to Nina receiving a call from Sonny asking her why she tipped off the SEC. I never expect this show to do anything very dramatic or shocking anymore and I'm rarely disappointed.

Yeah, it really could go either way here, given how terrible GH is at big reveals and follow throughs. But since this involves Nina, the Evulest Evul Who Ever Evuled, I expect something slightly more dramatic than a throwaway comment. Can't not have the Carlys get yet another pound of flesh from her.

• Sad 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But since this involves Nina, the Evulest Evul Who Ever Evuled, I expect something slightly more dramatic than a throwaway comment. Can't not have the Carlys get yet another pound of flesh from her.

For real.  I'm convinced this entire plot point exists so Carly and Willow can scream about how Nina should be put in prison for life for...reporting a crime.

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

For real.  I'm convinced this entire plot point exists so Carly and Willow can scream about how Nina should be put in prison for life for...reporting a crime.

Oy vey!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not to mention having the gall to want a relationship with her daughter and grandchildren. The horror!

there are a lot of people on reddit/twitter etc that they believe that Nina is a manipulative narcisist, and Willow is justified in how she treats her. 

And I will say when Nina triggers desperation mode she can be a bit much to deal with but again for me that spawns from a place of fear not not narcism 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Curtis: It was just one kiss.

One kiss that you wanted to turn into more. Second, it was just one kiss is never a justification for anything, you nitwit.

Laura's assessment of Jordan's work as commissioner is really generous.

We get to see Pilar for the first time and now she's about to lose her job.

I wish Michelle Stafford had never played the role of Nina. CW is a nuanced actress, MS is a bulldozer. I'm glad she's gone. Her take on Nina was just dreadful, flailing all over the place and being constantly confrontational. I was watching Phyllis, not Nina. 

Aww, Tracy with Leo. 

Tracy: What do you know about me.

Leo: You're mean.

Tracy smiles like Cheshire cat, enjoying the complement. JE's scenes with Leo were the best of the day, imo.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I had to laugh when Nina heard that Ned thought he was Eddie Maine. That "hmm, maybe I'm off the hook" expression was hilarious. Oh, Nina. Any reprieve you get will always be temporary.

When TJ said, "No two brains are alike," I had a flashback to Dr. Greg Evans on OLTL saying "A brain is not a foot." Ha!

• LOL 13
(edited)
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Curtis: It was just one kiss.

What was left out of that......"I wanted to go somewhere and do more but Jordan stopped it"   So glad Portia called him on his hypocrisy about honesty.  She should have pushed even harder on that point.  

She's Carly's nanny too though, so she would just be fired as Sonny's nanny.  

Laura's assessment of Jordan's work as commissioner is really generous.

I''m curious if this means Anna will get the commisioner's job since she's unemployed or if Mac gets moved up from Chief of Detectives.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Useful 2

When Laura told Austin that she was going to Chechnya to look for Nik, it took me a while to remember why I should care. Horrible pacing.

You keep your fidget spinner, Leo. It's important for us neurodiverse.  I really liked the fidget spinner dropping but still being okay, Tracy better use that as a parallel to Ned for Leo.

Tracy gingerly patting Olivia's shoulder to comfort her was funny.

If I were Ned, I'd pretend to be Eddie Mayne too to get away from Olivia and every other member of his family who didn't believe him right away.

"Your mom gets it, she's just trying to keep your boundaries."  Then why does she keep pushing, Curtis?

I really, really don't care about Portia and Curtis' marriage. They've made me care about Jordan and I thought thought I'd do that since the original actress left the role.

Trina should have applied for a fellowship last November. February at the latest.

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

there are a lot of people on reddit/twitter etc that they believe that Nina is a manipulative narcisist, and Willow is justified in how she treats her. \

I will never understand 'all for my side, nothing for yours' people but it makes sense that they are the ones who are attracted to Carly and her mini-me children.

Me? I'm finally able to tolerate Sonny, sometimes even enjoy him.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Portia gets points for calling out Curtis on his "I demand honesty and you lied to me for 20 years" and for thinking that this is a permanent 'get out of jail free' card for the rest of their relationship.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

According to imdb, we've been seeing her since 2018, just not enough to actually notice her.

Such a stupid idea by Austin. Ava could have said that she was looking for a pen to make a note on her magazine.

• Like 4