Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

How are Stella and Trina related, aunt/niece? Is that closer genetically than cousins?

If Trina is Curtis' child, Stella is her great aunt.

Unlikely to be genetically closer than cousins, then, and that means Stella couldn't be the "close relative" in town. Has to be Curtis, but we never heard that he took a test.

I have really missed Nelle. Yeah she's batshitcrazy but when everyone is blowing smoke up the Carly Corinthos & family, she just cuts to the chase.

No wonder she had to die. Too bad for us. I did laugh at Nina's slow dawning of horror when Nelle was talking about the trouble they could have caused the Corinthii. If only!

51 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"What happens if Willow runs into Nina?"

Err...she'll deal with it?  Nina's not going to take out a sickle and behead her (more's the pity).  Willow is not an incompetent child, despite Michael and Carly treating her like one.

Seriously. Nina is mourning her daughter. At night and alone in the graveyard. She's not expecting to see anyone, let alone one of the dolts.

If I wanted to be charitable, I'd say Carly is always super hard on Nelle because she (Carly) is starting to feel guilty about keeping Willow's parentage a secret. But I don't want to be charitable, and Carly would never pass up a chance to one-up Nina and berate her, regardless of circumstances.

"Nelle used someone's dead infant as a prop." And you're using someone's living kid as one, Carly. STFU.

50 minutes ago, Blackie said:

#freeCam

That process seems to be starting, thank Jasus.

Of course Sonny stomps all over Nina's promise to talk to Curtis about Chase singing at the club.

ETA: I loved how Stella was like, "Maybe you should look into your divorce papers," after she remembered she took them in the first place. It was long enough ago that I really hope the show doesn't drag things out and make it A Thing.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

I only caught the last 30 minutes but . . . . .  

Stella is a punk! LOL! I can't believe she's not gonna to tell them she intended to mail the filing but had a heart attack (or whatever happened to her) and forgot about it. As a family attorney, I will just ignore the fact that neither Jordan nor Curtis looked into what happened w/their divorce filing, but it's really not that big of a deal. It's not like Portia and Curtis are trying to get married tomorrow. Just go down to the courthouse, file the complaint, someone file a consent answer, and then get a court date. GH is always trying to over-dramatize simple stuff. It's not like they would need to wait before they could file. This is NOT the drama GH thinks it is. 

I agreed w/Nina about the lies Millow want to tell Wiley. IMO, Willow should have walked away when she saw Nina at Nelle's grave. I'm not even sure why she went to Nelle's grave but once she saw Nina there, she should have quietly walked away. And after Nina engaged her a bit, Willow should have been the bigger person and just walked away. Willow makes me sick. Nina can't even grieve her daughter in peace. 

And don't get me started on Carly. She's just evil trash if you ask me. Who tells someone everyone is better off w/their child dead? Even if you thought that, why would you be so cruel as to say it to that person's parent? Who does that? That's not soapy. It's just nasty and cruel. Ugh . . .  Carly is a disgusting POS. I only wish this show would let bad things happen to her trash character - and I mean real bad things that have a lasting impact! 

I missed most of the Sprina stuff. I guess nothing is happening on that front anytime soon. 

I hate Curtis. I hated him even asking Jordan to look through her mail. Sir, you can go down to the courthouse tomorrow if you care so much. She was in a hospital for months. You should have looked into it yourself, Curtis! Ugh . . . . I used to like him but I hate him so much now. I'm only looking forward to the Trina reveal so I can see his world shattered! LOL! He makes me ill. 

Oh, and I really liked WL's singing! It was better - IMO - than the last time he sang at the Friz reception. Maybe I liked this song better though. LOL! 

Edited by lala2
Spelling errors and skipped words b/c I was tying too fast. :)
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, lala2 said:

As a family attorney, I will just ignore the fact that neither Jordan nor Curtis looked into what happened w/their divorce filing, but it's really not that big of a deal. It's not like Portia and Curtis are trying to get married tomorrow. Just go down to the courthouse, file the complaint, someone file a consent answer, and then get a court date. GH is always trying to over-dramatize simple stuff. It's not like they would need to wait more time to file.

You mean they didn't miss their one-and-only chance to divorce and now must be forced to live together in wedded bliss?  I, I...I don't know who to believe anymore.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Trina is Curtis' child, Stella is her great aunt.

Unlikely to be genetically closer than cousins, then, and that means Stella couldn't be the "close relative" in town. Has to be Curtis, but we never heard that he took a test.

At points when Hatman's story was coming out, the way Stella and Hat looked at each other, I was wondering if they were going to make Stella Curtis' mom but she let Curtis' mom raise him so he and Tommy could be brothers. It doesn't really seem like that now but that never stops these writers from throwing it in later.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2

I picturing how much Carly would rage if someone showed up unannounced while she was at Morgan’s grave and trashed him the way she trashed Nelle. Because bipolar or not, Morgan was very much a product of his bad parenting. Self involved, rude, lazy. Had he remained alive, he would have been a criminal and/or a grifter bumming off his parents in between treating various gfs like crap. The more normal people in his life outside of Sonny and Carly did express concerns about him and his behavior well before Ava switched his meds. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Nelle used someone's dead infant as a prop." And you're using someone's living kid as one, Carly. STFU.

I wonder if it even dawned on Carly that Willow's dead baby is also Nina's grandson.

That whole cemetery scene was an entitled shit show. And yes, Willow, you were trying to erase Nelle from Wylie's life. 

I've never seen that child be so enthusiastic than when he was waving goodbye at Willow. If that's not a reason to erase his biological mother from his life, I don't know what is.

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
On 9/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Maybe (hopefully) Willow will break up with Michael to spare him/Wiley having to go through the pain of losing a loved one, and she turns to TJ for support and somehow sparks fly etc. etc.

Or she continues to keep the secret as she falls in love with TJ.  Waiting for that scene...

Michael: Willow, you kept this secret and you've been in love with someone else all this time?  Hold on, I'm getting a text from Chase...

Chase:

nelson-ha-ha-gif-5.gif

• Fire 1
  • LOL 13

That wasn't Nelle, though. That was Nelle as Nina's guilty conscience. The whole 'we're just the same' made that clear. Nelle wouldn't actually react that way to finding out about Nina. She’s actually not that black and white villain. So it was interesting, and sad too,  seeing how even Nina sees her with so little nuance and expects the worse from her.

Sigh, my poor Nelle.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

This show is obsessed with it.  They find out somebody got a little bit of talent and they decide to make an entire storyline out of it.  It’s so unrealistic, too.  There’s no way Chase would become this huge music superstar.  There’s no way.

They need to stop with these nonsense storylines.  I rolled my eyes with Eddie Maine.  I laughed with Juan and I’m just done with Chase.

To be fair, some of the GH singers have had talent. The casting directors were either lucky or prescient.  They had Ricky Martin, who did pretty well for himself, musically, Jack Wagner had some top 40 hits, and John Stamos toured with the Beach Boys. (I'm leaving out Rick Springfield, since he didn't sing when he was first on the show.)

For that reason, I'm willing to accept the "Make You a Star" storyline as a GH trope, because in the music business not everyone who signs a contract ever makes it big. Think about how many one-hit wonders* there have been in real life. But I'll also acknowledge that the pickings have been slim lately. They might be better off working an actual musician into the cast if they want to do a music industry story line.  In the meantime, we can be happy that no one has tried to make RoHo, Dr. Silas Clay, or Wes Ramsey the next big thing.

*which would be a perfect way for Chase to get back to being a cop

Edited by rur
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, rur said:

prescient.  Juan was played by Ricky Martin

Ricky Martin played Miguel. Juan was Miguel’s son. He was not a good singer at all but the show was trying to cash in on the Latin craze in the late 90s and early 00s.

• Useful 2

I hate that it looks like they'll make Trina Curtis' and not Taggert's. HATE. I'm holding out a sliver of hope they reverse course on that like they did the Finn/Chase paternity question. Taggert is so great as her dad. 

I felt the most chemistry between Sprina today since TA took over the role of Trina. I love a slow build, and I think their miscommunications and hesitations speak accurately to their age, we're all just trying to figure it out at that point, but something needs to happen and with some consistency. The other day Trina was comforting Spencer, telling him she was there for him, but now they can't be friends. Huh? Spencer should've at least told her how he felt if she was going to reject him. Or let her find the letter! I can't tell if the writers want to go ahead with that pairing or move on from it. Rory is sweet but he's a snooze. And my suspicion is he's a little too good to be true.

I like BLQ doing what her mom did with the record company, it adds something new to the canvas that's also a nod to the past. But she should've been there to hear Cam sing today and realize he's her next big act, send Chase back to the force. 

What's to say about Carly and her steamrolling into yet another scene that did not need her presence, to hypocritically lambast Nina. She's a caricature at this point. Who gets an edit like this? Erica Kane wasn't this high and mighty. 

• Like 3
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I felt the most chemistry between Sprina today since TA took over the role of Trina. I love a slow build, and I think their miscommunications and hesitations speak accurately to their age, we're all just trying to figure it out at that point, but something needs to happen and with some consistency.

Same.  The fighting and then calming down definitely had them sparking.  And then that wet blanket Rory comes wandering it because, god forbid, Trina had been out of his sight for a minute too long.  Settle down, Michael Jr.

Carly telling Nina that she's rewriting history is some rich shit, considering how she's acting like if she doesn't SAY Willow is Nina's kid, then it isn't so.  God, she's so fucking insufferable. 

Speaking of, her progeny is equaling as hypocritical, what with STILL holding Cam's feet to the flames because he dared to keep a secret from her while she's cultivating this quasi-romance with Dex.  Also, her smirk and sarcastic response when Cam told her about Spencer writing a letter to Trina?  Classic Carly.  They both really think they are above everyone.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Every word out of Carly's mouth was pure hypocrisy. The fact that they have her say it without an ounce or remorse or self awareness is what kills me.

Just wait until the truth comes out about Willow and that shrew screeches at Nina that it's all her fault because if she'd only been a nicer person (ha) Carly wouldn't have been ~forced to keep the secret from her. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

#KeepTrinaTaggert's. that is all.

I have watched Taggert for three decades. I love that he has a daughter that is front and center, and soon to be in one of the few romantic relationships on this show that has potential. I despise the idea that they’re going to take that away from him for Curtis who idgaf about. 

I’m sure Cam will tell Trina what was in the letter eventually, when it’s most dramatic.

• Like 2
  • Love 12

I guess they wanted to get their money's worth from that gallon of fake blood they purchased! 

I must say, the cast at the party were looking pretty good, especially the kids. WL is really a bright light, especially with NC. I wish he was able to be on more.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, racked said:

I’m sure Cam will tell Trina what was in the letter eventually, when it’s most dramatic.

Spencer fighting for his life in the hospital, after getting shanked in Pentonville. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

IIRC Stella had never heard of the London cousin until she did the genealogy test. That suggests to me that they aren't first or even second cousins. If they are third cousins then a great niece would be closer genetically than a third cousin.

6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I hate Curtis. I hated him even asking Jordan to look through her mail. Sir, you can go down to the courthouse tomorrow if you care so much. She was in a hospital for months. You should have looked into it yourself, Curtis! Ugh . . . . I used to like him but I hate him so much now. I'm only looking forward to the Trina reveal so I can see his world shattered! LOL! He makes me ill.

I don't know why they write the character this way. Curtis is pretty but he's such a crybaby wimp.

I'm afraid that it's going to be Taggart's world that will be shattered and Curtis will rejoice now that he has his bride and his daughter.

6 hours ago, Katy M said:

Did I hear Curtis right at Trina's party?  No alcohol for people wearing orange wristbands?  that seems backwards to me.  Anybody can take a wrist band off.  

I know! You put wristbands on people who are allowed to drink alcohol, not the ones who can't.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

When Chase gets his next career change he should become a nurse. Then we can call him Ordinary Chase.

I deleted today's episode after watching, but I think Willow said she was at Nelle's grave to pay her respects for Wiley. You know, Wiley, the kid that knows nothing about Nelle. I wanted to rip out Carly's hair. Sanctimonious bitch. Nina should make Carly and Willow beg for her bone marrow.

Trina's party is weird. When she got there she hugged Cam but I never saw her socialize with her new found friends that we've never seen before. The sign says it's a private party but people that weren't invited just show up? The focus is half, if not more, on the childish adults rather than Trina and the young adults. I too hate that they're going to make Curtis Trina's father. Oddly, I think Trina looks more like Jordan than Portia.

Dumpster diver fall made me cringe.

Cam sounded great, but I FF anyway. I hate the singing on the show. I FF Chase singing too.

• Love 7

Sonny and Nina, who spent the night at the hospital, sleeping in those clothes, should go home, shower and change. 

I FF'd the song. 

The most interesting part of the episode was Trina's appearing and disappearing eyeshadow. 

• LOL 3
16 minutes ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

I deleted today's episode after watching, but I think Willow said she was at Nelle's grave to pay her respects for Wiley. You know, Wiley, the kid that knows nothing about Nelle. I wanted to rip out Carly's hair. Sanctimonious bitch. Nina should make Carly and Willow beg for her bone marrow.

I am on the "Go to France, get fat off Baguettes + Brie" train. don't even be in town

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Ricky Martin played Miguel. Juan was Miguel’s son. He was not a good singer at all but the show was trying to cash in on the Latin craze in the late 90s and early 00s.

Thanks for the correction, @FFWBE. I adjusted my post to reflect it. 

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm afraid that it's going to be Taggart's world that will be shattered and Curtis will rejoice now that he has his bride and his daughter.

I actually look forward to the smug being smacked off of Curtis and Portia’s faces when they find out he is still legally married to Jordan.  Though - what is Auntie gonna do, officiate the wedding with her fingers crossed behind her back?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I actually look forward to the smug being smacked off of Curtis and Portia’s faces when they find out he is still legally married to Jordan.  Though - what is Auntie gonna do, officiate the wedding with her fingers crossed behind her back?

She prodded them to check the status of their divorce and Curtis and Jordan talked about it and will look into it further

• Love 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

IIRC Stella had never heard of the London cousin until she did the genealogy test. That suggests to me that they aren't first or even second cousins. If they are third cousins then a great niece would be closer genetically than a third cousin.

My resident DNA expert says it depends on the family tree. If they are using mitochondrial DNA that is passed down through mothers.

I can't remember why they thought the original test was a glitch, just because she didn't think she was related to anyone in PC??

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

My resident DNA expert says it depends on the family tree. If they are using mitochondrial DNA that is passed down through mothers.

It can't be mitochondrial DNA because Trina got hers from Portia and wouldn't even have appeared on Stella's query.

I know very little about DNA ancestry testing so I did a quick dive. There are 3 types: Y-DNA, which shows the paternal line and is usually done on men since few females have a Y chromosone; mitochondrial DNA which shows the matriarchal line (because sperm have little mitochondria); and autosomal DNA which shows both matriarchal and patriarchal lines. The last is the one that the ancestry sites I looked up use.

This show gets a lot wrong but this one (that Stella had a closer DNA match in town) I will give them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

i am just going to say this again.
It drives me nuts that it's all "Willow lost her son," when Brad and Lucas also lost their son.. like so much focus is on Willow and how she's mourning/grieving her baby that she gave away (I know why and all) but it's just really in this instance, that - yeah i am sorry that your baby is dead but you aren't the only one who lost them, and yet everyone ignores everyone else who lost Jonah. drives me bananas.

• Applause 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

i am just going to say this again.
It drives me nuts that it's all "Willow lost her son," when Brad and Lucas also lost their son.. like so much focus is on Willow and how she's mourning/grieving her baby that she gave away (I know why and all) but it's just really in this instance, that - yeah i am sorry that your baby is dead but you aren't the only one who lost them, and yet everyone ignores everyone else who lost Jonah. drives me bananas.

The thing with this whole Jonah thing is that nobody knew him, except for Brad, for a handful of hours. Jonah was born, lived a few hours, then died. Was his death sad? Yes, especially for the guy who had to carry that secret. But everyone else, including Willow, formed a relationship with Wylie, Nelle's son, not Jonah, Willow's son. 

This whole thing drives me crazy because Jonah is treated like a non entity until it suits the writers to dust him off and remind us that Nelle put that dead baby in Michael's arms and passed him off as Michael's. He is acknowledged only as a reminder of Nelle's sins, not as Willow's biological son or Lucas and Brad's adopted child. 

The cult and the writers can take a leap off a cliff.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

This whole thing drives me crazy because Jonah is treated like a non entity until it suits the writers to dust him off and remind us that Nelle put that dead baby in Michael's arms and passed him off as Michael's. He is acknowledged only as a reminder of Nelle's sins, not as Willow's biological son or Lucas and Brad's adopted child. 

And Brad's grief at losing Jonah is somehow less valid and tolerated because of the Wiley lie. Ugh. Brad and Lucas's POV has completely gotten cheated in this story. Especially Lucas's, since we don't see him anymore.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And Brad's grief at losing Jonah is somehow less valid and tolerated because of the Wiley lie. Ugh. Brad and Lucas's POV has completely gotten cheated in this story. Especially Lucas's, since we don't see him anymore.

Well, sorry, but Brad did steal a child.  He knew darn well who the father was. Lucas, Wiley and Willow are completely innocent in the whole debacle, but Brad gets no sympathy from me.  

He could have grieved Jonah like a normal person, but his first thought was to immediately replace him.

Edited by Katy M
10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

He could have grieved Jonah like a normal person, but his first thought was to immediately replace him.

was that what happened though? 
from what i've read (since i didn't watch it) it was basically He + Nelle were friends, Nelle was pouring it on thick how she wanted to protect her baby, and it was the best way to keep him safe. Brad's first thought wasn't to immediately replace the baby (i mean that's what happened, but Brad didn't do it.. to do that). (but again - i could be wrong because i didn't watch and i can't seen the exchange on youtube).

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Daisy said:

was that what happened though? 
from what i've read (since i didn't watch it) it was basically He + Nelle were friends, Nelle was pouring it on thick how she wanted to protect her baby, and it was the best way to keep him safe. Brad's first thought wasn't to immediately replace the baby (i mean that's what happened, but Brad didn't do it.. to do that). (but again - i could be wrong because i didn't watch and i can't seen the exchange on youtube).

I don't really remember exactly, but I was pretty sure he knew that Michael was the father from the jump and whatever the reason, he did switch out his dead baby for a live one.  He does have a history of shady baby dealings with Britt and Ben/Rocco.

TempMichael was brought in again after his first initial stint which I wonder why they didn't just give Michael a break.

I know Dante being a cop in the same town as Sonny is stupid as heck but him living figuratively up Sonny's ass literally across the hall is the stupid cherry on top of the stupid sundae.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

whines - I don't want Mac to be Bearded Wonder's daaaaaadd. Mac deserves better. Mac's face when he realized that he could be his kid, broke my heart, and again - Mac does't deserve this. :(

Anna. stop. You know Victor is dangerous why are you putting Lucy in his line of sight. like stahp 

• Applause 5
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

TempMichael was brought in again after his first initial stint which I wonder why they didn't just give Michael a break.

I know Dante being a cop in the same town as Sonny is stupid as heck but him living figuratively up Sonny's ass literally across the hall is the stupid cherry on top of the stupid sundae.

And Chase is the one dealing with an ethics investigation…

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I like BLQ doing what her mom did with the record company, it adds something new to the canvas that's also a nod to the past. But she should've been there to hear Cam sing today and realize he's her next big act, send Chase back to the force. 

That would make a lot more sense and since WL isn’t on contract anymore it would also explain his absences, plus give him something new and exciting to focus on after the inevitable Joss breakup (which will somehow be his fault). 

22 hours ago, Blackie said:

At points when Hatman's story was coming out, the way Stella and Hat looked at each other, I was wondering if they were going to make Stella Curtis' mom but she let Curtis' mom raise him so he and Tommy could be brothers. It doesn't really seem like that now but that never stops these writers from throwing it in later.

I mean I could see that happening, because god forbid someone just stay childless on this show.  They either get knocked up or have long lost children coming out of the woodwork.  Nobody stays childless for long!

• Love 6

Of course Lucy would use at least SPF 50. Why do you think she looks so good, Victor?

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Anna. stop. You know Victor is dangerous why are you putting Lucy in his line of sight. like stahp 

Anna definitely sucks for blackmailing Lucy into helping her get Victor (and I hate that Anna is outsourcing something she should be doing herself), but Lucy knows exactly what Victor can do. So at least she is always on her guard and not thinking his suave-man-of-the-world act is anything but that.

Ugh, Sam, the doormat is probably the least questionable thing Dante could bring to the apartment. And hey, if he's moving in, that means his stuff should get a place as much as yours does.

Move the cousin thing along with Austin or drop it, Show. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Blackie said:

Is WJM the name of William LIpton's band or is that the acronym?

It's the band's name. They were originally a trio: William, Jeremy, and Max, and the name was, obviously, their initials. But I think Max is not involved anymore. Their website only lists William and Jeremy as active members.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

"We'll make it work; that's what families do." Dante, do you know your family? Your mom isn't making it work, and neither is your dolt of a brother and his family. And geez, way to pooh-pooh Rocco's feelings about the move: "He'll come around."

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"We'll make it work; that's what families do." Dante, do you know your family? Your mom isn't making it work, and neither is your dolt of a brother and his family. And geez, way to pooh-pooh Rocco's feelings about the move: "He'll come around."

Living across the hall from Sonny and in Jason's old apartment

Dating Sam

It's rough as a Dante fan these days.

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Well, not really.  The baby died on Brad's watch, he was shocked and decided to drive the baby to the hospital.  Nelle stumbles out of the woods with newborn Wylie (as one dones!!!).  He stops the car and tells her that Jonah died.  she tells him she wants him to take Wylie in exchange, that she wants to stick it to the Corinthi.  Brad was completely gobsmacked and in shock that he agreed, though not right away, it took a lot of convincing on her part.  Of course, later on down the line, when he's in less shock, he should have spoken up but by then, the wheels were in motion on a moving train so to speak.  Brad's complicit but I totally don't blame him for it, since it was all Nelle's doing (and I love Nelle/Chloe)

58 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Waiting to hear about Robert Scorpio, since he's the only one I like on this show.

He was on today.  anna asked him for all of his contacts because she needs everyone's help taking down Victor.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Not a reference to the TV station (WJM) from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, then.  Darn.

I think these three started their band when they were in sixth grade. I have a terrible suspicion that if you asked any of them who Mary Tyler Moore was, they'd guess she was an important female historical figure from the Civil War or something. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
3 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I think these three started their band when they were in sixth grade. I have a terrible suspicion that if you asked any of them who Mary Tyler Moore was, they'd guess she was an important female historical figure from the Civil War or something. 

The actress did play Mary Lincoln in a TV movie once. ;)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Today was a good day. A lot of smaller storylines moved forward Robert/Anna and Alexis/Valentin and there was no Carly, Joss or Millowtonin.

I deeply want Lucy's earrings. And Felicia's top. Lynn H and Charles S did a really good job with the subtlties of their scenes. Lucy especially looked both creeped out by Victor and still trying to do what Anna wants.

FH/Anna just sparkles around Tristan/Robert. All her relationships of late (Finn, Valentin) just pale beside Anna/Robert.

In a different vein, Alexis and Valentin have such a good caring, supportive relationship. I wish we got scenes with them more than once every 3 months.

"Like Peter horrible or just run-of-the-mill horrible?" lol

Normally I don't like Sonny threatening people but I will make a a big exception for Cody. Threaten away!

Why would Carly be stopping by Sam and Dante's apartment? She's not friends with Dante  and was only friends with Sam because of Jason. Donna is far too young to play with Scout and the boys.

I'm expecting to hear that Shadybrook did something to Dominique about the baby that kept her from being able to carry another child.

I've had it with Austin's shady cousin sleazing around and how slow this story is going. Please Britt, buy a clue about him and Cody and end these stories.

21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, not really.  The baby died on Brad's watch, he was shocked and decided to drive the baby to the hospital.  Nelle stumbles out of the woods with newborn Wylie (as one dones!!!).  He stops the car and tells her that Jonah died.  she tells him she wants him to take Wylie in exchange, that she wants to stick it to the Corinthi.  Brad was completely gobsmacked and in shock that he agreed, though not right away, it took a lot of convincing on her part.  Of course, later on down the line, when he's in less shock, he should have spoken up but by then, the wheels were in motion on a moving train so to speak.  Brad's complicit but I totally don't blame him for it, since it was all Nelle's doing (and I love Nelle/Chloe)

Nelle told Brad that she wanted to save her baby from Carly and Michael. I would want to help her too. Being raised by those two is a death knell for any child to have compassion or humility.

• Love 8