Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I was loading the dishwasher during yesterday’s show and missed most of the visuals. I have GOT to see this 5-star stable everyone is talking about. Does the horse get turndown service? Are there woven straw carpets?

19 hours ago, threebluestars said:

This is who I thought Cameron Mathieson would be - Stephen Lars. I think that would've been a better idea than Drew.

I don’t understand the point of Drew. He only exists because the show needed to accommodate a returning Jason. It’s like when RH needed a new character and they brought back Franco. Why resurrect these fringe/ useless characters when there are so many potential core characters who could be resurrected instead?

17 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I encountered a Millow fan in the wild (meaning twitter) just a few days ago! I made the mildest of swipes - I said that Chase dropping a roof on them (à la Alan Quartermaine) might've livened up their anemic cheating story - and received a multi-tweet lecture about how Chase was the worst and Millow were totally justified and they ended by calling me an idiot. So, that was fun!

Twitter: that was your first mistake. Stay here where it’s safe! I don’t always agree with everyone here, but I always appreciate the respectful attitude and the acceptance of other viewpoints. (Unless someone wants to talk about what a great guy Michael is— I will cut you down!) (JK) (sort of)

16 hours ago, DanaMB said:

So of course Carly now conveniently has an out for not telling Willow Nina is her mother. Willow doesn’t want to know. Whatever, show. 

Carly not telling Willow because Willow doesn’t want to know= kind and supportive.

Nina not telling Mike because Mike didn’t want to know= evil and vile. 

OK, then.

16 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I thought the horse was adorably comical, just standing there staring at these jokers.  He helped to ease the pain of losing Moss.

If they name the horse Moss and have him present for all conversations, I will forgive the writers everything.

14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Oh my god are we going to have to see Rebecca Herbst play off against a "Teen Liz" that doesn't look like her at all?

Especially since we’ve already seen actual Teen Liz and know exactly what she looked like.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly's claim that she and Monica are totes cool made my eyes roll so hard they flew out of my head.

You'll never be cool, Carls, you've dragged Monica's sons down one and by one, and you helped cover for the MURDERER of one of them!

This is a huge problem with the show: grudges that should be held, the person "lets go" see Robin with Dr. O and this bullshit, or Lulu/Brook Lynn with Carly trying to break up Lulu and Dante using BL, but they will unearth fights that had and should have been buried, like with Bobbie and Lucy.

• Love 2

Days that Carly knows that Nina is Willow's Mother and intentionally won't say anything: 4

Fake Brando. meh. 

Michael: "you an Olivia really came through for Leo." Me: shut up. 
Did the show explain WHY Michael/Drew are deciding the leadership role? because again I don't see how they can dictate anything

Ned: Why don't we ALL be President. 
Michael: pouts. 
Do it Ned. CALL VAL. 

Carly: you are not an honourary Quatermaine. shut up. 
how stupid is this. "I don't want you to put yourself at great risk in investing my company, but us merging the company is the best thing for ELQ." WHY. HOW? Also. if Carly buys into Aurora and has any say in ELQ i'll rage. 

Also: Monica is never going to be in a great place with you, cow. 
So Carly is saying that Drew's the Lila? shut up.

Carly: You could have abandoned me at any point.
Me: yes. you should have. 
Carly: we grew apart. 
Drew: I don't see it like that.
Me: me either. Carly and Sonny legit wanted NOTHING to do with you when they found out you weren't Jason, you dipstick.

Also, maybe you should veer towards, Edward, you dipstick. Edward had his issues - but he had a brain., unlike you. 

Lisel has no more time for drunk Britt. good. but i know someone here called that Britt's spiralling had a lot more to do with her Huntingdon's diagnosis. good call. 

Britt - there are a lot of people who would love you and not flinch if you tell them about your disease. Don't Angelize Jason, girl. 

So Hatman hasn't had a relapse in all this time? I have to say... boo. It would be such a good story if he had other relapses and could have some now.

hahahaha. Sonny calling Michael out on his bs. hahahaha. "Michael gets on me for abandoning my family but when he got with Willow she was married, but he only makes allowances for himself." heh heh heh. 

today was utterly boring and just frustrating 

• Applause 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

This is a huge problem with the show: grudges that should be held, the person "lets go" see Robin with Dr. O and this bullshit, or Lulu/Brook Lynn with Carly trying to break up Lulu and Dante using BL, but they will unearth fights that had and should have been buried, like with Bobbie and Lucy.

At least Dr. O isn't sashaying around Anna's home declaring herself an "honorary Scoprio".

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

today was utterly boring and just frustrating 

I enjoyed Britt, Dr O and Brad the rest was crap.

Unlikeable Sonny with Fake Brando and Jason-wanna-be was tortuous!!!!! Such bad acting all around.Sonny is only likable around Nina, when he is running his "bidness" I still can't stand him.

Carly and Drew is just a bunch of flashing fake teeth, thats all.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Marshall recounting how he was diagnosed just underlines to me that said diagnosis might have been deliberately inaccurate.

I hope that Carly's "help" with Aurora/ELQ totally bites her in the butt. And Drew, too, for being such an idiot when it comes to her.

The dramatic music stings after Sonny's minion said someone was trying to cut into the bidness cracked me up. Sure, Sonny is threatened. By Michael. If Michael had any guts, he'd go after the bidness, not the coffee imports.

LOL at the James Wong Howe reference. Genuinely good one, Britt. I also appreciated Brad's acknowledgement.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The dramatic music stings after Sonny's minion said someone was trying to cut into the bidness cracked me up. Sure, Sonny is threatened. By Michael. If Michael had any guts, he'd go after the bidness, not the coffee imports.

unless ELQ is going to start a Starbucks, what is Michael gonna do really about stopping some coffee contracts? seriously lol

• LOL 2

LOL at someone trying  to cut into Sonny's "coffee business". Like we all don't know that this is the mob, not Van Houte's.

"[Michael] only makes allowances for himself. But not for his own dad." Sonny, I was all the way behind you. And then you had to go and blow it.

Go, Ned. Don't fold under the manipulation.

"I have more time to devote than the usual meddler." LOVED the Britt/Liesl/Brad scenes.

Britt, if you're still moping for Jason, you haven't raised your standards.

Drew to Carly; "You have to keep me honest." 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Carly wouldn't know honest if it fell out of the sky and landed on her.

On 6/7/2022 at 2:58 PM, Daisy said:

So Hatman hasn't had a relapse in all this time? I have to say... boo. It would be such a good story if he had other relapses and could have some now.

Very true. More realistic and a better story.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Michael: "you an Olivia really came through for Leo." Me: shut up. 

Me: They're rich. They can afford to buy Leo a horse and fully furnish the barn. He probably has a Hermes blanket that he can use.

Drew is really dumb, isn't he? He and Nikolas should start a club. Dummy & Co. They can hire Michael as their secretary. Dear Drew, if Jason was around, you wouldn't rate for Carly. She would still treat you as something she stepped in then tried to scrape from the bottom of her shoe. In her case, she would put those shoes in the trash and wear a brand new pair.

I can't even with the Lila comparison. 

I could hug Sonny for calling Michael out on being a gaping, raging, hypocrite. He should throw that in Michael's face, maybe Willow will drop dead from it.

Dear Ned. Get them!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I could hug Sonny for calling Michael out on being a gaping, raging, hypocrite. He should throw that in Michael's face, maybe Willow will drop dead from it.

Given she gets woozy any time anyone says boo about that dolt, it's not out of the realm of possibility.  I swear, yesterday when she was going on and on about how all she needed was Michael and Wiley and Carly I thought "congrats--you went from one cult to another."  

• Love 14

"He only makes allowances for himself!" Gee, Sonny, where do you think Michael learned that? This "I'm shocked my son is exhibiting such behavior" is ridiculous. This is how Michael should be, not the drippy dolt he is.

Too bad Jason-lite didn't just up and shoot Michael through the heart.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

At least Dr. O isn't sashaying around Anna's home declaring herself an "honorary Scoprio".

Yeah, but she got in Anna's face one too many times considering she did kidnap her daughter and let her think she was dead for two years and put her ex in a coma for my liking.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope that Carly's "help" with Aurora/ELQ totally bites her in the butt. And Drew, too, for being such an idiot when it comes to her.

Ooh, like she leverages the hotel, allowing Nina to buy it out from under her. 

• Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6

It's one thing 70-ish Monica tolerating Carly for the sake of peace. But I'd love for Tracy to come back and team up with Monica against the idea of Carly having any role in ELQ.

What exactly are Drew's business credentials again? They're not even as good as Michael's so why do they get to decide everything? Isn't Ned a generation older than Michael so he should have more shares.

51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Marshall recounting how he was diagnosed just underlines to me that said diagnosis might have been deliberately inaccurate.

Michael is, and forever will be under CD, a wimp. Michael going after the bidness and becoming the mob boss that Sonny tried to keep him from being, would be a much better storyline. Add in Carly wanting to be a mob queen and Willow unable to handle it, it could do wonders for the show.

Why do you say that the diagnosis was deliberately inaccurate? I'm sure that there were many inaccurate diagnoses because we didn't know as much as we do now, but why do you think deliberately? (Nowadays there is no definitive diagnosis after the firs episode.)

38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Me: They're rich. They can afford to buy Leo a horse and fully furnish the barn. He probably has a Hermes blanket that he can use.

I know that the autism storyline is being driven by WK. But I do have to give Ned and Olivia props for acknowledging Leo's diagnosis and giving him treatment because many parents would try to ignore or hide it. (In 2008 my daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and I had to fight her father for months to let me tell the school so that they could make accommodations.)

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why do you say that the diagnosis was deliberately inaccurate? I'm sure that there were many inaccurate diagnoses because we didn't know as much as we do now, but why do you think deliberately? (Nowadays there is no definitive diagnosis after the firs episode.)

Because Marshall was arrested at a civil rights event in the '60s. Slap a schizophrenia diagnosis on the guy and get him out of the movement. And the Tuskegee experiment was a real event, so it's not as if the government hasn't ever meddled in Black people's medical privacy.

We heard today Marshall had no episodes, which I find suspicious. His meds were effective right off the bat? Back then? 

I don't expect the show to take this route, but the way it's being written so far has me wondering how accurate Marshall's diagnosis was. I hope someone tells him to talk to Kevin or someone about whether he's on the right meds today and if he even needs them. Some of Marshall's symptoms might be due to self-fulfilling prophecy than a real illness.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What exactly are Drew's business credentials again? They're not even as good as Michael's so why do they get to decide everything? Isn't Ned a generation older than Michael so he should have more shares.

I feel i missed something because no one is explaining it. 

Drew and Michael come up with this idea to merge the company. 

Aurora is a smaller company so it needs more collateral - but why? - that hasn't been explained [or if it has been - i've missed it]

Aurora as the smaller company - has no power compared to ELQ as a multinational corporation. [which is why they need more investors]

So without investors, and without this collateral...Michael and Drew are telling the shareholders [which is the family] this is the best way to get the control back to the family because it dilutes Val's shares. [but won't it also dilute their own?]

As of yet the only motivation is that ELQ is being run by Val. Does he now own part of ELQ or just made himself CEO? are you diluting just enough so he can't be CEO but he still has shares in the company? If he has shares in the company - he stilll has quite a chunk that he could simply... block the merger. unless they are saying they have enough votes  to vote in the merger - thus weaken him but if you have enough votes to do that, then you have enough votes to..... simply vote him out. so does this merger do it completely?

And if it does - why does it have to be Aurora? Is it because Drew owns .. ohhhh. okay. 
Drew owns Aurora, then if you combine that with his i think... 10? percent of being Edward's grandchild stock. that would give Drew more power if they merged. but.... no - still because Aurora is still the smaller company. I think. but that could be how they are playing it i guess? Drew would have more power because he would have aurora stock and ELQ? yeah no i am still kinda confused. 

to me this is like Fusion merging with Chandler Enterprises and then Kendall Hart telling JR he can't be CEO because JR has no makeup experience. where in reality, Chandler would absorb it and then JR would tell Kendall to go kick rocks. [using my soap business degree from AMC]. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We heard today Marshall had no episodes, which I find suspicious. His meds were effective right off the bat? Back then? 

Pretty sure after today that they just slapped a "diagnosis" on him. First, if he's arrested again, they can just send him back to the mental hospital where he can be medicated out of his brain.

I think that him thinking that he was followed could actually be something that happened. The guy is a veteran of the Vietnam War and he was participating in every protest that he could. 

• Love 2

It was nice of Brando's father* to come impersonate his son for the episode. It reminds me of when Joan Crawford subbed for her daughter when the daughter was on a soap opera and had to have emergency surgery.

*Not literally; I'm sure the two aren't related and MAYBE there isn't that much of an age difference.

• LOL 5
(edited)

So, Hatman and Curtis have a reasonable discussion and hug. Um, you couldn't have done that all those agonizing months ago?! The "no relapses" talk tells me that, once again, a story will pretty much amount to nothing. Much like I'm sure Corinthos V Corinthos will amount to nothing.

This show has no idea how to tell a story. It takes for-fooking-ever, meandering all over the place, being mysterious, exploring all possible options, not moving anything forward for long periods of time, and then all of a sudden they dump some drama-free low key denouement on us that doesn't really change the landscape of things. Sheesh. Burn the fooking house down once in a while GH! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

t was nice of Brando's father* to come impersonate his son for the episode

They did kind of look alike, I was wondering if it was his brother like "Sasha's" sister that filled in for her,

• Love 2

Okay so now I’m thoroughly confused about this Aurora/ELQ thing. Today Carly said Aurora is a publicly traded company. Which means there’s a whole board of directors who are not family and will have a vote on any merger talks. And wouldn’t it also have to get some sort of regulatory approval? How exactly does he think he’s going to just slip this merger under the radar? I know, I know. This is GH where nothing ever make sense. But come ON!

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 6/3/2022 at 5:44 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

THIS to Infinity. I loved when Rory kind of said to Marcus, "you've got the problem, not me," and Portia had to gently hold Taggert back.

I get the vibe - yesterday I semi-jokingly told my God Daughter that if her BF ever made her unhappy, like Lt. Cmdr. Worf, I would happily "kill him where he stands." She got very quiet and I added - "just kidding, kind of."

Hee, hee.  I did that a few times when my daughter was in her teens.

• Love 1
(edited)

Would it not be ILLEGAL for Carly to buy a bunch of shares of ELQ having been given prior information on this upcoming merger from company insiders? I hope it gets her in big trouble and lands her in Martha Stewart jail!!!!

Edited by TVbitch
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly's claim that she and Monica are totes cool made my eyes roll so hard they flew out of my head.

You'll never be cool, Carls, you've dragged Monica's sons down one and by one, and you helped cover for the MURDERER of one of them!

Do the writers understand how this sounds?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

unless ELQ is going to start a Starbucks, what is Michael gonna do really about stopping some coffee contracts? seriously lol

I had the same thought.  The writers for this show don’t understand medicine, hospital policies, policing, the legal system, private business. Public ally traded businesses, etc..

They’re either the laziest writers in the history of lazy writing, or the stupidest.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Would it not be ILLEGAL for Carly to buy a bunch of shares of ELQ having been given prior information on this upcoming merger from company insiders? I hope it gets her is big trouble and lands her in Martha Stewart jail!!!!

Considering she's a mob moll slash former mob queen who had an elderly woman kidnapped last year, I'm sure she has no concerns about the consequences of white collar crime.

Also, isn't is shitty of Carly to be plotting against the husband of her alleged friend and business partner Olivia?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I forgot to mention the awful retcon of Carly/Drew. Carly was NEVER Drew’s friend. EVER. When she thought he was Jason, sure. But the second Jason came back, she washed her hands of Drew. He was nothing. Nobody. Less than nothing. Not even something she’d wipe off her shoe. She’d just throw away the whole pair and denied she never owned them. I barely kept my eyes in my head when Drew said (with a straight face!) that they ‘drifted apart but he always knew they’d find their way back.’ As if they had some deep, long-standing friendship. Except I was watching when BM’s Drew was on the show. And while the writers want me to forget, in the immortal words of Victor Newman, ‘ain’t gonna happen, you got that?’

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

I feel i missed something because no one is explaining it. 

Drew and Michael come up with this idea to merge the company. 

Aurora is a smaller company so it needs more collateral - but why? - that hasn't been explained [or if it has been - i've missed it]

Aurora as the smaller company - has no power compared to ELQ as a multinational corporation. [which is why they need more investors]

So without investors, and without this collateral...Michael and Drew are telling the shareholders [which is the family] this is the best way to get the control back to the family because it dilutes Val's shares. [but won't it also dilute their own?]

As of yet the only motivation is that ELQ is being run by Val. Does he now own part of ELQ or just made himself CEO? are you diluting just enough so he can't be CEO but he still has shares in the company? If he has shares in the company - he stilll has quite a chunk that he could simply... block the merger. unless they are saying they have enough votes  to vote in the merger - thus weaken him but if you have enough votes to do that, then you have enough votes to..... simply vote him out. so does this merger do it completely?

And if it does - why does it have to be Aurora? Is it because Drew owns .. ohhhh. okay. 
Drew owns Aurora, then if you combine that with his i think... 10? percent of being Edward's grandchild stock. that would give Drew more power if they merged. but.... no - still because Aurora is still the smaller company. I think. but that could be how they are playing it i guess? Drew would have more power because he would have aurora stock and ELQ? yeah no i am still kinda confused. 

to me this is like Fusion merging with Chandler Enterprises and then Kendall Hart telling JR he can't be CEO because JR has no makeup experience. where in reality, Chandler would absorb it and then JR would tell Kendall to go kick rocks. [using my soap business degree from AMC]. 

The dilution depends on if they’re financing this with some kind of debt based instrument (loan, corporate bind offering, etc.) or if a third party is taking an equity stake (ownership) in the company.  In the real world it would likely be a mix of both, with an agreement on how management of the combined company would work.  It would never, ever be just whatever is figured out later.  

but with these writers, who the hell knows?  Almost every technical plot line and related dialogue is usually ignorant drivel with minimal basis in reality.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I forgot to mention the awful retcon of Carly/Drew. Carly was NEVER Drew’s friend. EVER. When she thought he was Jason, sure. But the second Jason came back, she washed her hands of Drew. He was nothing. Nobody. Less than nothing.

God, for real.  The whole "we were in an odd place" talk?  Yeah, nothing odd about it, you fucking shrew--you dumped him the moment the real Jason came back.  And idiot Drew being all "I didn't think we were in a bad place."  Jesus, he's lame.

I officially despise this storyline, with Michael and Drew effectively mean-girling Ned ("you can't sit with us") on responsibilities.  So who's going to be in charge--just Drew and Michael?  Yeah, fuck that noise, Ned, and go to the mattresses with Valentin and wipe the smug off those two morons' faces.

Also, Carly calling herself an honorary Q was some straight-up bullshit.  God, does she have to be in every storyline?

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, Carly calling herself an honorary Q was some straight-up bullshit.  God, does she have to be in every storyline?

what cracked me up was that two weeks ago she was so thankful fo not be one but now she wants to be an honourary one? like go kick rocks. 

and I said it before. I am just tired of everyone taking kicks at the family like "huh huh huh, Q's suck, i mean you're not like my OTHER FAMILY who never fights, but you know we're MOBSTERS." and I'm tired of MIchael being all. "well we want what's best for the family." the Q's aren't your family, they are your front. go away. 

• Love 5

Where is GH getting budget for a live horse?

For a show that took Covid so seriously it fired people. They sure have a lot of cases, Michael and now Brando out in a week. 

• Useful 2
(edited)

I would have loved to have seen Dr. O and Brad meet up to discuss their intervention of Britt, given they've both tried to kill the other.

But I am glad they finally made the subtext text about Britt's spiral and clinging to the idea of Jason being at least partially about the Huntington's.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Okay so now I’m thoroughly confused about this Aurora/ELQ thing. Today Carly said Aurora is a publicly traded company. Which means there’s a whole board of directors who are not family and will have a vote on any merger talks. And wouldn’t it also have to get some sort of regulatory approval? How exactly does he think he’s going to just slip this merger under the radar? I know, I know. This is GH where nothing ever make sense. But come ON!

Yes, to all of that.  The SEC has to approve the merger, as does the boards of both companies.  It will also take some time, as I’m sure Valentin can rightfully drag things out during the due diligence process, which I’m sure he will refuse to waive.  There should also be some concern by regulators, shareholders, and board members about Michael being in management, as he is a convicted felon with familial mafia connections.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Would it not be ILLEGAL for Carly to buy a bunch of shares of ELQ having been given prior information on this upcoming merger from company insiders? I hope it gets her is big trouble and lands her in Martha Stewart jail!!!!

Probably.  Also, OT I just saw some terrible news.  The 27 year old son of Jack and Kristina Wagner was found dead in his car yesterday.  What an awful thing for their family.

• Sad 8
15 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Yes, to all of that.  The SEC has to approve the merger, as does the boards of both companies.  It will also take some time, as I’m sure Valentin can rightfully drag things out during the due diligence process, which I’m sure he will refuse to waive.  There should also be some concern by regulators, shareholders, and board members about Michael being in management, as he is a convicted felon with familial mafia connections.

I think they are going to ignore almost anything that would make the storyline compelling and somewhat grounded in reality, but bring in a legal and business bullshit that wouldn't happen in a million years. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Between this merger, Nina's non-identity theft, and a horse in the living room, the writers must think the audience crawled out of a cave.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Considering she's a mob moll slash former mob queen who had an elderly woman kidnapped last year, I'm sure she has no concerns about the consequences of white collar crime.

Carly has no concern about the consequences of any crime as long as it's her side doing it.

She'd probably say that Ned is better off working for her darling genius Michael than running ELQ.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I think they are going to ignore almost anything that would make the storyline compelling and somewhat grounded in reality, but bring in a legal and business bullshit that wouldn't happen in a million years. 

Isn’t the production in NY?  I have to believe that every goddamned one of the writing stuff has a buddy that works on Wall Street or something closely related that could help the, with a few basic details.  Or at least watch ‘Succession’ on HBO, where they make this stuff sound interesting and largely get it right.

Honestly, some of this shit is just painful to watch.  I have an easier time with Mikos’s weather control machine than I do this badly written crap.  The weather machine feels more grounded in reality.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

For a show that took Covid so seriously it fired people. They sure have a lot of cases, Michael and now Brando out in a week. 

Cases are pretty high in California and the cast doesn't live in a bubble, so it's not surprising they've had a few cases. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Isn’t the production in NY?  I have to believe that every goddamned one of the writing stuff has a buddy that works on Wall Street or something closely related that could help the, with a few basic details.  Or at least watch ‘Succession’ on HBO, where they make this stuff sound interesting and largely get it right.

Honestly, some of this shit is just painful to watch.  I have an easier time with Mikos’s weather control machine than I do this badly written crap.  The weather machine feels more grounded in reality.

forget watching Succession - just watch YT clips of AMC/Y+R/OLTL

anytime these companies talk about takeovers and mergers, there are mentions of SEC and boards of directors and crap like that. anytime serious poop goes down, the Abbots have business meetings at their business.. they'll talk about it in their living room but they don't have serious meetings in their living room that you know, impact the company. 

Like legit just repurpose Alexis or NIna's office for the ELQ offices and at least make an effort. I mean most of my business stuff comes from first semester business classes at uni and all my years of soap watching so I'm not saying i know much - but I do know this is poop. 

and I do appreciate Ned calling Michael out on his crap. Michael legit loses nothing here. Drew is the one taking the risk, ELQ is taking the risk, and Michael is all ho hum, doo dee dooo, I get to be boss man regardless. he can never own his crap. 

• Love 6

Temp Brando sure has a skinny face. Different looking. He didn’t anything for me. New unneeded character Dex/Dax shows up and I couldn’t remember who he was because I think it’s only his second appearance. Hopefully, he’s not on contract. I like Cameron Mathison but he is so wrong as Drew. His constant comforter role to all of Port Charles is sooooo boring. I know he loves everyone of his cast mates because he likes everyone of their Instagram posts. Nice guy but not needed and wrong for the part. Finally, the stable set is beautiful (so is the horse) but I could think of a few characters who could use a place called home. Just sayin……

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

One of my thoughts, too. Now I suspect that this is the way someone affiliated with the show is getting a tax write-off for a newly purchased horse. (Personally, I'd love to see Secretariat from Craig Ferguson's old show in the stall.) (Or have a different horse in there every day.)

And speaking of horses, my biggest question of the day was why wasn't Leo grooming HIS horse? (besides plot points) It seems like that would be a perfect activity for a young boy. Ned could be showing him how, and then he could leave when Michael arrived. *

* I know -- It's TFGH. I can't have nice things.

• Love 6

I don’t want to call Brando actor bland and generic, but if the voiceover hadn’t told me that was a different bland and generic actor playing his part, I honestly don’t think I’d have noticed.

The more they try to position Milquetoast Mikey as a high powered CEO with his sidekick flunky Drew, the more ridiculous ELQ becomes. It’s like high school kids creating a portfolio for business class. 

12 hours ago, Daisy said:

Well, ELQ has tried its hand at condoms and pickle relish, so why not coffee? But yeah, this is further evidence of Michael’s focused, level-headed leadership.

So I finally got to see that tack room for the horse, and 🤣🤣🤣. Not only does it have more trophies than backstage at the Oscars, it’s disturbingly clean. None of that equipment has ever been used. Ever. So who’s taking care of the horse?

2 hours ago, rur said:

(Personally, I'd love to see Secretariat from Craig Ferguson's old show in the stall.) 

Oh, yes. PLEASE. And while we’re at it, let’s appoint Geoff Peterson as the new CEO of ELQ.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So I finally got to see that tack room for the horse, and 🤣🤣🤣. Not only does it have more trophies than backstage at the Oscars, it’s disturbingly clean. None of that equipment has ever been used. Ever. So who’s taking care of the horse?

I think my favorite part about the new barn set is that when Ned and Michael were in the stall with the horse, the doors were wide barn doors, but when they left the horse stall and entered the barn's... Uh.... Living room... The doorframe on the outside of the stall was a regular doorframe. How is a horse gonna fit through that ! 😆

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

So, Hatman and Curtis have a reasonable discussion and hug. Um, you couldn't have done that all those agonizing months ago?! The "no relapses" talk tells me that, once again, a story will pretty much amount to nothing. Much like I'm sure Corinthos V Corinthos will amount to nothing.

This show has no idea how to tell a story. It takes for-fooking-ever, meandering all over the place, being mysterious, exploring all possible options, not moving anything forward for long periods of time, and then all of a sudden they dump some drama-free low key denouement on us that doesn't really change the landscape of things. Sheesh. Burn the fooking house down once in a while GH! 

It really could have been something dramatic but easy to understand -- Like maybe The Hat kidnapped his boys for a couple days because he was paranoid about something, and once he was over that delusion and brought them back, he felt he never wanted to do anything like that again to the family, and split.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Have they announced it was Covid? Because it would seem odd for someone to be back after just one to two days of missing filming, given how even scaled-down guidelines call for five days.

10 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Isn’t the production in NY?

AFAIK, the writers are all over the country (there's no writer's room), and the production is in L.A., where the show is filmed.

7 hours ago, rur said:

why wasn't Leo grooming HIS horse?

Humane Society rules? I can see why they wouldn't want some random kid actor messing around with a horse. You can get badly hurt—bitten, kicked, rolled on, etc. I thought the interaction was appropriate.

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It’s like high school kids creating a portfolio for business class. 

It's like grade school kids pretending to "work."

• Love 4