Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

NunuJordan has the same problem I have with Sasha, in that it often seems like they are either reading their lines for the first time and just emphasize random words OR learned their lines phonetically, and don't actually know what they're saying. 

Both actresses tend to stress the last word they speak, regardless if that makes sense in a regular conversation. IDK if it's because they are not good actors, or actors who need more rehearsal than this show will allow, but I really feel like their characters are simply not connected to the words they are speaking. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm tired of Curtis. if Hatman had a heinous crime, he'd judge him. it's not a super heinous so it's whinging. just whinge yourself into the harbour. I'm glad Hatman is done with him.

Why the hell is Carly just barging into someone's.... hahaha because it's Carly of course. and of course Carly has no problems going through people's files but if someone did it to her... "HOW DARE YOU." (though if this means she'll tell Michael, and they both keep it from Willow and then Willow ends them both thats good). I was screaming "GET HER HARMONY."  and she did. hahaha. Yay Harmony. lol. (but geeze did she fall

...... how is merging Aurora + ELQ going to dilute Val's shares. Where .... Drew is alive so technically Val shouldn't have his lion share anyway. Also also. everyone acknowledges that Val is doing a great job (better than Michal and Ned) at ELQ, so why are you wasting time?. Whatever.  

Dianne? Shut up. A "person like Nina?" as you represent mobsters you have no legs to stand on about loopholes in the legal system

Again, this show is making me team Sonny. this is crazy.  I feel dirty. Though Michael is all "you trashed our our relationship?" LMAO. "Carly risked her life to hold your business." This is insane. Carly did it because she wanted to be Queen Mob Bee and for the umpteenth time didn't listen to Jason to just stay out of the "business." the end. She didn't do it to save Sonny's business. She wanted the power.  And because of that desire - that's what put her in the cross hairs with the 5 families. Just like every five minutes Michael goes "Lemme in coach, lemme in the mob game." don't blame Sonny because Carly was gonna be burned by it. shut up.        

Michael: Sides are clear you cheatedSO DID YOU, YOU MORON. yet you want everyone to be A-OKAY with it. 

Sonny isn't abandoning your family because they got divorced. grow up.  but now Michael wants nothing to do with Sonny. Whatever. I don't care. he wants nothing to do with Sonny, because Sonny wanted to get on with his life, and no one wanted to get on board with it, they wanted him to obliterate Nina from the map. And Sonny is selfish because he just wanted to just..move on. 

LMAO. "I only wanted to change my name back to Quatermaine so it hurts you, but why should i do that?" and I mean why make Monica + family go through that circus again?. but Sonny is over Michael. and this makes me feel happy. Again. Crazy how this makes me team Sonny. lmao. like i need a shower, because i mean i'm legit sitting here going here Sonny doesn't deserve this crap LOL

JUST BE TOGETHER ALREADY, CLQ. crying out loud. Like i said I don't mind the schmoopy, and the slightly "teenage" stuff, but there is a line - and it's become a dot to me 

Is Becky Herbst sick? Her hair doesn't have that lush bounce and shine (or is this done for the sickness storyline ?)

• Love 16

Chase and Brook Lynn were cute together. They were cute with Leo too. And that's all I got from today's episode.

Why can't anyone just tell Carly to shut up and mind her own business?  I am so sick of Carly being in everyone's business. I was so disappointed that Harmony didn't succeed in killing Carly on my screen. Go, Harmony, go. Drive off that cliff. I forgive all if you just take Carly with you.

I wish that I could trust the show to kill Carly, but she'll probably get off the car at the last minute..

"That's a good idea Michael."  And so Michael takes the credit for the idea that the guru that Drew hired came up with.

I've grown to hate Diane. So Nina has "an endless history of bad behaviour".  But your clients, Sonny, Carly, Michael and the late not-lamented Jason are just angels? She's pushy and she rarely does what's best for Alexis (she was the one who pushed Alexis to have a relationship with Neil which led to Alexis' tailspin), that's not being a good friend. In a show full of hypocrites, she's in the top tier.

Sonny, if Michael wants nothing to do with you, take the win. Michael is such a wimp that he won't even talk to you one-on-one, he needs  needs Willow to prop him..  Michael is the worst. Does he honestly think that the name Corinthos being associated with 'the biggest mob boss on the east coast' is good, but Sonny not killing Nina is what taints the name.

Way to push Sonny into Nina's arms, Michael.

Curtis may have had a point when he thought that Hatman was on the run from bad guys. But now that he knows that it was mental illness, go see a therapist. Yelling at Marshall is about his issues, not Marshall's.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

how is merging Aurora + ELQ going to dilute Val's shares.

Because there will be more overall shares. Let's say there are a million shares of ELQ and Val owns 40,000.  If the merged company now has 2 million shares total, Val owns less of it than he does ELQ on its own.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because there will be more overall shares. Let's say there are a million shares of ELQ and Val owns 40,000.  If the merged company now has 2 million shares total, Val owns less of it than he does ELQ on its own.

thank you. that actually really helped. I am good at many things. Math is not one of them. 

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I've grown to hate Diane

Same. 

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why can't anyone just tell Carly to shut up and mind her own business?  I am so sick of Carly being in everyone's business. I was so disappointed that Harmony didn't succeed in killing Carly on my screen. Go, Harmony, go. Drive off that cliff. I forgive all if you just take Carly with you.

please. please. please. 

• Love 6

If Valentin currently has controlling shares of ELQ, wouldn't he have to agree to the merger?

Valentin isn't stupid.

16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Also also. everyone acknowledges that Val is doing a great job (better than Michal and Ned) at ELQ, so why are you wasting time?

But apparently Michael, Drew and Brook Lynn are.

• Love 1

I will always be Team Curtis in the Hatman crap. All Hatman had to do was tell the truth from the start.

I know Willow was at the gatehouse so Sonny could talk to her, but way to be a part of the Qs.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

If Valentin currently has controlling shares of ELQ

Are they controlling shares or just the most for an individual?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why the hell is Carly just barging into someone's.... hahaha because it's Carly of course.

man she had some balls today!

20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Again, this show is making me team Sonny. this is crazy. 

I am in crazy town with you! MB's facial expressions were cracking me up, but they were spot on, what Michael was saying was idiotic.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish that I could trust the show to kill Carly, but she'll probably get off the car at the last minute..

Maybe she will go missing for awhile and Nina will be the one that finds her 😄

• LOL 8

So Harmony has managed to take down Carly and is about to drive her car off the cliff in a warped Thelma and Louise homage, I guess? I know it's not going to happen, but it's a nice thought to think of Carly going over a cliff because she's a busy body who refuses to keep her nose out of other people's business. Also, nice car for a woman who can't afford to put a roof over her own head. Maybe give her an old sedan or something?

When your house has been turned upside down, Alexis, you call the cops. I know they are very incompetent, but maybe you should try and cover your ass.

Michael telling Sonny where to go would have made me really happy years ago, but I have come to hate Michael that all I kept thinking when he told Sonny he didn't want him in his life anymore is that Sonny is actually better off without puff fish in his life.

Willow is a total loser.

Leo's little poem was sweet and Chase is better with him than Olivia is apparently. I don't know what it says about Olivia. 

The Marshall secret was so underwhelming. Like everything else on this show. We've gone months of Curtis chasing his tale over this secret for it to turn out to be that he actually did nothing wrong after all, but that maybe bad things were done to him because he was a black man in a mental institution.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6

This ELQ/Aurora merger talk is stupid and it probably doesn’t help that Michael and Dr. Drew can’t pull off business savvy so this idea coming from them is particularly idiotic. Valentin wouldn’t vote for the merger so it’s a moot point and Ned is right to be concerned because it doesn’t just dilute Valentin’s stake, it dilutes everyones stake who isn’t involved in Aurora. Also, are ELQ and Aurora supposed to be similarly sized companies because I never got that impression.  

• Useful 1
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are they controlling shares or just the most for an individual?

They made a big deal of it that acquiring the shares from Brook Lynn and Sam gave him more than 50% of the voting shares.

Drew can get Scout's voting shares back since he's not really dead but not Danny's. We don't know the actually number figure that leaves Valentin with.

5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Also, are ELQ and Aurora supposed to be similarly sized companies because I never got that impression.  

ELQ should be much, much larger since Drew bought Aurora out of his own money and then sold off the print division to Jax.

I think that the only person who has shares in Aurora is Drew. That leaves Ned, Michael and all the other Quartermaines with diluted shares, and if Aurora is large enough to make a difference in a merger with ELQ, gives Drew the upper hand.

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I will always be Team Curtis in the Hatman crap. All Hatman had to do was tell the truth from the start.

true. but i also guess he [Curtis] could have just done what Stella told him to do months ago and just like Hatman tell him in his own time. tobe dead honest i wasn't paying attention to the serkrit anyway

5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I am in crazy town with you! MB's facial expressions were cracking me up, but they were spot on, what Michael was saying was idiotic.

like. Michael was acting lie he was 10. not... whatever age he's supposed to be. you are ending your relationship with your father because why. speak the truth: you don't like Nina and want you want Sonny to kill her. the end.  All you people are pushing him towards Nina, and then are all "wait. WHOOOOTTTT". when he's like screw you okay, because Nina isn't treating him like a piece of poo. 

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Drew can get Scout's voting shares back since he's not really dead but not Danny's. We don't know the actually number figure that leaves Valentin with.

AJ (and thus Drew) would have 10%
BLQ, Danny and Scout  would be 5% (each).
so. Val would have whatever he bought + 10% (BLQ + Danny)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Michael telling Sonny where to go would have made me really happy years ago, but I have come to hate Michael that all I kept thinking when he told Sonny he didn't want him in his life anymore is that Sonny is actually better off without puff fish in his life.

God, right?  Remember when we all cheered Michael on when he got custody of Avery?  Now I'm happy for Sonny to be freed from this whiny-ass-wannabe.  

57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I've grown to hate Diane. So Nina has "an endless history of bad behaviour".  But your clients, Sonny, Carly, Michael and the late not-lamented Jason are just angels?

Diane is a smug asshole whose entire income is based on keeping known criminals out of jail.  She can take several seats accusing others of 'bad behavior.'

• Love 13

I’m curious what they thought they were doing with Michael’s little speech about bringing justice to the family name. So he clearly thought daddy (and mommy when he was gone) running the damn mob was acceptable but the Sonny cheating tarnished the Corinthos name? Apparently just this time as well considering the other times that his parents cheated were a nonissue as well as the times he himself was the other party and was unapologetic about it. It takes a special amount of delusion to think you’re this amazing upstanding citizen when you’re anything but. Lol didn’t he just bribe a DA to bring up fake charges against Nina?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, nice car for a woman who can't afford to put a roof over her own head.

I think that was Carly's car, because when Alexis got home she said Harmony's car was there but not Harmony.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m curious what they thought they were doing with Michael’s little speech about bringing justice to the family name. So he clearly thought daddy (and mommy when he was gone) running the damn mob was acceptable but the Sonny cheating tarnished the Corinthos name? Apparently just this time as well considering the other times that his parents cheated were a nonissue as well as the times he himself was the other party and was unapologetic about it. It takes a special amount of delusion to think you’re this amazing upstanding citizen when you’re anything but. Lol didn’t he just bribe a DA to bring up fake charges against Nina?

LOL right? "Imma gonna bring honour to us all..."
by doing the same things you do. just.. more obnoxiously. 

I just love how Sonny is like legit - this isn't the first time your mom and I have done this. 

Michael: YOU ARE JUST DEFLECTING. no. he's telling you the truth. I mean everyone was saying that to Carly on his woe is me tour. This isn't the first time this song has been played. I guess the difference is - Sonny actually has feelings (outside of lust) for Nina. and maybe that's what's pissing everyone off. This isn't about seduction or power, and they aren't really acting on things. (outside the one time). and Nina isn't even making him be all about "her or them" and when things (ie: the custody hearing) nina is like i don't want you to go up against Michael. I'll do this w/o you. 

what should be scary is that Willow is just standing there all "yeah why didn't you kill Nina huh?"  - because again this isn't the first time she hears Joss, or Carly, or Michael go "why didn't you "deal" with this like you do ALL our family's enemies?" and Willow is just all. "aww you want a hug? this sucks." total mob moll that one. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Chase and Brook Lynn were cute together. They were cute with Leo too. And that's all I got from today's episode.

The little poem that Leo recited made me a bit teary. Saying there’s all all this stuff in the world but only one him.  I must be losing it, ha!

Its so weird how roles have reversed but I think Sonny is much better off without that brat Michael in his life.   Consider yourself lucky Sonny.  It made me crazy though when Sonny said this is not the first time Michael has cut him out and Willow was Iike oh yeah like when Michael blamed you for AJ’s death.  I was like well… that’s because SONNY SHOT AND KILLED AJ. They just gloss right over that shit.  And then I got mad because I started remembering how awesome Michael was around that time.  God, how far he has fallen.

This should teach Carly not to barge into peoples homes, but I’m sure she will learn nothing.  So what if Harmony’s car was in the driveway?  She could have gone for a walk. Maybe she was in the shower.  I’m sorry but if anyone deserves to be shoved in a trunk, it’s Carly.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

They made a big deal of it that acquiring the shares from Brook Lynn and Sam gave him more than 50% of the voting shares.

ELQ should be much, much larger since Drew bought Aurora out of his own money and then sold off the print division to Jax.

I think that the only person who has shares in Aurora is Drew. That leaves Ned, Michael and all the other Quartermaines with diluted shares, and if Aurora is large enough to make a difference in a merger with ELQ, gives Drew the upper hand.

You’re expecting the writers to follow continuity and logic.  That won’t happen here.  If this were all based in reality, Valentin would never have had the capital to buy upwards of half of a multibillion dollar multinational corporation after he lost the Cassadine fortune back to Nik. 

The writers aren’t exactly the same kind of people who wrote ‘Succession’.

I’m only partway through today’s episode, but I’m going to hope that Harmony kills Carly. Even though that will never happen.  

• Love 1
On 4/22/2022 at 8:18 PM, rur said:

If it turns out that Liz is doing it herself, I'd be perfectly happy if it's the result of her taking a sleep aid. I'd much rather that be the problem than her suddenly having another personality. It could turn into a good public service issue, since there are documented instances of people having difficulty with those over the counter meds. And, IMO, Liz has been put upon enough lately. Her character doesn't deserve a mental illness to solve a plot problem.

Ambien.  People who take that even send out crazy career ending tweets.

22 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So following this trajectory, I guess the next police commissioner will be… Michael?

Maybe after he transitions.  I think that would be a bold move for Chad Duell.  

Edited by Suicidy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I think that was Carly's car, because when Alexis got home she said Harmony's car was there but not Harmony.

I stand corrected. The nice expensive car was jarring considering Harmony's financial situation.

23 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Originally it was because he was hiding his identity and refused to bank his bone marrow to stop Sonny from killing him. I don’t recall Sonny having a reason for wanting to go after him other than he was a mob enemy and the bone marrow aspect didn’t exactly curb Sonny.

However, Sam was civil with him once he hooked up with Alexis. I wouldn’t call them especially close but she was fine with him for a few years. But yeah, once he tried to kill Alexis, she was done with him. I do think at some point, around 2018 or so, it was less about Alexis and more that she fell in the Sonny/Jason camp and echoed their opinions about everyone. 

He blamed him for having Duke Lavery (who was acting as head of the Corinthos at Sonny’s behest).  Even though Duke was trying to have Julian killed.  Which everyone glossed over because the Corinthi are blameless.

Harmony should open the trunk, decapitate Carly, drive a wooden stake through her heart, burn the head and body in separate fires, then scatter the ashes of both thousands of miles apart.  Just to be safe.

theu would still bring SheBeast back, even after all that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I stand corrected. The nice expensive car was jarring considering Harmony's financial situation.

I remember Willow being surprised that Harmony could afford that car when she first purchased it.  THAT they get right.  

1 minute ago, jacourt said:

Didn’t watch today but did Carly get put in the trunk?  You know she’ll come out every hair in place. 

Yes.  It’s a rookie mistake for Harmony to not zip tie a plastic bag over head, or break her neck first.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

He blamed him for having Duke Lavery (who was acting as head of the Corinthos at Sonny’s behest).  Even though Duke was trying to have Julian killed.  Which everyone glossed over because the Corinthi are blameless.

The amount of time they spent on #JusticeForDuke was absurd.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

IA and honestly it ruined Anna for me. Duke was actively running the mob for Sonny and put a hit out on Julian the same day Julian had one out on him. Neither was a good guy in that scenario but she still acted like he was some blameless victim. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I almost quit the show over this. That storyline was dumb, overdrawn and everybody treated Duke like he was some choir boy when he was running Sonny's territory for him and wanted Julian as dead as Julian wanted him. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They way I remember the Sonny/Julian feud origin, Sonny kept being told every time he turned around that someone was coming for his territory, and that someone was already ordering mobby type of stuff in Port Charles. By the time Julian (going by another name) hit town, Sonny was already fuming.... and it didn't help that shortly after Ava killed Kate to protect Julian.

I think some of you have mentioned this before, but it's so weird how last time Michael "disowned" Sonny, most of us were firmly pro-Michael. Now Michael's just beyond obnoxious. While I believe that IRL parents need to take the higher road whenever possible, in terms of the show I was actually thrilled for Sonny to just switch off and cut Michael out right back. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

My jury is still out on that. I remember the 70s (going by DT's age) and there was a lot of stigma about mental illness especially for minorities . There still is -- a friend of mine who works in a pharmacy told me a few weeks ago that a young man came in to get his schizophrenia medication and the staff moved out of his way as if he was going to attack and kill them.

So if Marshall was diagnosed with an illness like paranoid schizophrenia and had to be hospitalized for a longer period I can see that he might think that his family is better off thinking that he's dead.

As to why he let Curtis think that he was in witness protection, there's that stigma again. Witness protection is a lot more acceptable than being hospitalized for psychosis.

48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I guess the difference is - Sonny actually has feelings (outside of lust) for Nina. and maybe that's what's pissing everyone off. This isn't about seduction or power, and they aren't really acting on things. (outside the one time). and Nina isn't even making him be all about "her or them" and when things (ie: the custody hearing) nina is like i don't want you to go up against Michael. I'll do this w/o you.

One of the things Carly particularly hates is that Sonny stopped drinking because Nina urged him not while he wouldn't do it for Carly.

44 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

If this were all based in reality, Valentin would never have had the capital to buy upwards of half of a multibillion dollar multinational corporation after he lost the Cassadine fortune back to Nik.

They explained that when Brook Lynn researched him before selling him her shares by saying that Valentin  made a lot of money independent of the Cassadine fortune. And if you have money, banks will lend you even more for business deals.

• Love 5

Oh it infuritated me, Willow bringing up Michael "blaming" Sonny after AJ's death. 

First off, why wouldn't he, Willow, Sonny did in fact MURDER AJ.  He confessed to it on tape, he plead guilty to it in court, but Willow made it sound like Michael blaming Sonny was a bout of irrational anger or something.  It was not.

Second, bullshit did Sonny and Michael reconcile because Carly "built a bridge".  Carly whined for Michael to get over it and the writers desperately, sloppily swept the whole thing under the rug.

And third, trying to equate that with the tension in Sonny and Michael's relationship now is ridiculous.  As I keep saying, because of Michael forgiving Sonny so completely for MURDERING HIS BIO FATHER, there are no stakes in their relationship now.  So his whining about Nina just comes off extra childish.

H-A-T-E.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

My jury is still out on that.

Hatman could have said something. A little truth can go a long way, and Hatman didn't even give Curtis that. Instead he kept tap-dancing around the whole thing.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I keep saying, because of Michael forgiving Sonny so completely for MURDERING HIS BIO FATHER, there are no stakes in their relationship now.  So his whining about Nina just comes off extra childish.

Exactly!! The show doesn't get this. Michael already forgave Sonny for the biggest wrong Sonny could have committed against him, but he can't forgive Sonny for falling in love while having amnesia?!?!! 

Michael is an overgrown child. If I didn't know better, I would think he was an angsty pre-teen rather than a 34-year old man. Grow up, Michael! Whatever. Sonny is well rid of that obnoxious loser! I'm glad Sonny walked away and didn't beg him. Screw, Michael! 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Exactly!! The show doesn't get this. Michael already forgave Sonny for the biggest wrong Sonny could have committed against him, but he can't forgive Sonny for falling in love while having amnesia?!?!! 

Michael is an overgrown child. If I didn't know better, I would think he was an angsty pre-teen rather than a 34-year old man. Grow up, Michael! Whatever. Sonny is well rid of that obnoxious loser! I'm glad Sonny walked away and didn't beg him. Screw, Michael! 

Honestly. I laughed so hard when Sonny was like. "Fine you are ending our relationship cool, fine by me, but you're gonna have to beg ME to forgive you because you'll get over it, but i won't." and i am like hhahaha. and also lol that's probably something I would say. hahaha.

And the thing is we're supposed to be rooting for Michael here. lol okay. 

• Love 11

Oh, if only Harmony would send that car over the cliff with Carly in the back seat.

Don't tease me show. 

Who the hell walks in to someone's home and starts digging into personal folders!?!?!

That Carly's entitlement and need to be in everyone's business would lead to her death would be absolutely perfect. But we know it won't happen. 

• Love 12

Just how many loaded syringes does Harmony have lying around? She seems to be able to pull one out whenever she needs it! Maybe if she’d just quietly walked up behind Carly and stuck the needle in her neck, there wouldn’t have been a fight. like everyone else, I really want Harmony to just drive off that cliff with Carly in the car.

I truly cannot believe I’m Team Sonny. But Michael is just insufferable. And his little doormat Willow is even worse. She didn’t want Lucas znd Brad to get her son because of Julian. She finally agreed to allow the adoption on the condition that Lucas’ mob father have no connection with Wiley. He wasn’t even allowed to LOOK at the kid. But Sonny is perfectly okay? She no longer has any qualms about the mob being in Wiley’s life? Well okay then. 🙄 

And Sonny committed a cardinal sin by cutting back on his drinking because Nina asked him to? Well gee Carly, maybe if you’d asked him, he would have done it sooner. But you didn’t. You didn’t even notice he was off his meds, and you LIVED through his last manic episode. But yes, let’s blame Nina for Sonny being a better person.

when it comes to Curtis and Hartman, I’m Switzerland. Mostly because I just don’t care one way or the other. 

And because it can’t be said enough, STFU Diane!

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Just how many loaded syringes does Harmony have lying around? She seems to be able to pull one out whenever she needs it! Maybe if she’d just quietly walked up behind Carly and stuck the needle in her neck, there wouldn’t have been a fight. like everyone else, I really want Harmony to just drive off that cliff with Carly in the car.

As many physical altercations as Carly has with other women I find it fascinating that she would be taken down by Harmony, a woman quite possibly several years her senior and clearly under her weight class.  Reveals Cujo for the punch less bully we've always known her to be.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

As many physical altercations as Carly has with other women I find it fascinating that she would be taken down by Harmony, a woman quite possibly several years her senior

The actress who plays Harmony is actually quite a bit younger than LW--like 8 years.  Regardless, I was rooting for the Giant Syringe, so pretty happy it won--even if it took her forever to get it.  She must've had to go to the Pennsylvania side of the house.

Also, I've never liked Sonny more than when he called Michael out for being the whiny little bitch he was being.  What a snot he was. 

Also, part two, screw you, Diane.  You were acting in only you and your precious Corinthii clients best interest in convincing Alexis to run that "important story."  Maybe if The Invader was still a tabloid that type of hit piece would be seen as important, but as some sort of journalistic integrity series?  Please.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

I thought it was really bad to have Willow just standing there watching her husband disown his father.  As someone who has experienced my share of family drama, I could never do that.  Also, for her not to see just how angry and cold her husband is, and not realize that WILL be turned on her someday is totally brainless.  Willow's non-reaction took me out of the scene, but I thought Mo did a great job actually.  Michael is just not someone I can ever root for.  His entire persona is repulsive to me.  If I am not being actively repulsed by him, I'm laughing at him.  Like those are my only two reactions to this character. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

I thought Harmony's syringes were SYRINGES OF DEATH. Does Carly have some miracle resistance to an overdose of heroin?! Will Alexis show up with NARCAN?!

I also thought Mo out-acted CD today. Granted that is an extremely low bar, but Mo seemed like he was trying to take it somewhere dark and nasty, and all CD could do in response was his usual slack jaw with his tongue poking into his cheek thing. ...which makes him look like he just found out they are out of honey mustard sauce for his McNuggets, not like he is so enraged he just disowned his father.   

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

CD was acting like he was 10 years old today. I’m changing my last name. So there! Whatevs kid. I think MB was doing his best with his cue cards to keep up but CD was slowing him down. LOL!!. The funny thing was while those scenes were going on I was looking at the windmill art on the fireplace & wall. I thought there was always just one but then I noticed another one. Yup! That’s how bad it was. I was looking at the set design of the carriage house. That pretty bad. I can hardly wait till the pool and lounge chairs set starts showing up, I need some summer decor ideas. LOL!!!!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I've been spending my free time in my OLTL themed Animal Crossing island instead of this show and I see by the past few pages I made the right choice. 

Harmony went 0 to psycho awfully fast. And Carly's in another trunk? Sweetie if Ryan couldn't make that work and rid us of her, you surely can't. 

Hopefully it picks up for sweeps. I'll catch up on Laura and Ava scenes on youtube and go back to redecorating Llanfair.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Michael is the worst. Does he honestly think that the name Corinthos being associated with 'the biggest mob boss on the east coast' is good, but Sonny not killing Nina is what taints the name.

Way to push Sonny into Nina's arms, Michael.

I don't see how we're supposed to think what comes out of Michael's mouth makes sense anymore. He says that when people hear "Corinthos," they'll think of him and Wiley, not Sonny's violence and crimes. That would be a great speech if he were forsaking Sonny over violence and crimes (violence like, oh I don't know, physically assaulting reporters and lawyers; and crimes like, oh I don't know, bribing politicians). He's forsaking him for being with a woman who isn't Mommy. He was fine with Sonny's violence and crimes as long as the day ended with Sonny in Carly's bed. In fact, just a few minutes earlier, he had said he used to think of Sonny as honorable! 

He's still the same little shit who packed a suitcase for Carly and told her to get out of the penthouse; he's just switched sides.  

I agree that this is just going to make Sonny more firmly Team Nina, and I'm looking forward to it. Monday was good soap.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, CeChase said:

I thought it was really bad to have Willow just standing there watching her husband disown his father.  As someone who has experienced my share of family drama, I could never do that.  Also, for her not to see just how angry and cold her husband is, and not realize that WILL be turned on her someday is totally brainless.  Willow's non-reaction took me out of the scene, but I thought Mo did a great job actually.  Michael is just not someone I can ever root for.  His entire persona is repulsive to me.  If I am not being actively repulsed by him, I'm laughing at him.  Like those are my only two reactions to this character. 

Well, this whole Willow situation standing there has me wondering if this isn't the type of treatment she will receive when the truth about her maternity comes out. If she wants to figure out things with Nina and Nina's place as her mother in her life, then I think Michael will force her to choose between him/Wylie and Nina. 

He's not above doing this. He is a turd and he hates Nina. And you know Nina will want to get close to Willow. There's no way she won't do everything she can to be in her daughter's life.

6 hours ago, ouinason said:

20 straight years of anti Sonny sentiment and they have finally broken me.  Fuck you Michael.

Seriously. What in the ever loving fuck! 

5 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

And Carly's in another trunk?

If only. She's on the backseat.

• Love 9

What a shitty direction to take with the Harmony character.  This is really the best storyline they could come up with?  It's toxic, insulting, and pure garbage.  What wasted potential.  I wonder if the actress is pissed...

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

20 straight years of anti Sonny sentiment and they have finally broken me.  Fuck you Michael.

Seriously. What in the ever loving fuck! 

I’m right there with you and I’m so confused!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

He was fine with Sonny's violence and crimes as long as the day ended with Sonny in Carly's bed. In fact, just a few minutes earlier, he had said he used to think of Sonny as honorable! 

And I'm not big on Whataboutisms, but when Sonny pointed out that infidelity had gone both ways in S/C's long history, Michael didn't want to hear it.  So, yeah, shut up you insufferable little shit. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Daisy said:

And the thing is we're supposed to be rooting for Michael here. lol okay. 

Are we? I mean, I root against Michael most of the time just on principal, but I feel like the show is genuinely—if badly—trying to show both sides of things and not steer people to one of them.

At any rate, choosing one Corinthos over another is a Sophie's choice: There's no good one.

13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Just how many loaded syringes does Harmony have lying around? She seems to be able to pull one out whenever she needs it!

That cracked me up, too. 

13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

You didn’t even notice he was off his meds, and you LIVED through his last manic episode.

To be fair, Sonny and Carly weren't living together at this point, were they? And Carly was going out of her way to avoid him.

11 hours ago, CeChase said:

I thought it was really bad to have Willow just standing there watching her husband disown his father.  As someone who has experienced my share of family drama, I could never do that. 

What should she have done? Asking honestly. It's her husband and his father; their relationship is for them to deal with. Willow can talk to Michael afterward, but it's not her place to interfere otherwise, IMO.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If she wants to figure out things with Nina and Nina's place as her mother in her life, then I think Michael will force her to choose between him/Wylie and Nina. 

Of course Michael will force her to choose, and if she chooses Nina, Willow will likely be out on the street. Nina is the Antichrist, you know. Though given how completely Willow has kowtowed to Michael recently, I can see her choosing him/Wylie. She's certainly fallen into line with his feelings about Nina, even though she has little reason to.

• Love 6