Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree with those who think Pip should pursue being a nurse practitioner rather than an MD. She could also be a physician's assistant. I wonder if she'll figure out that becoming a doctor is too time-consuming and go for the more logical qualification.

I was kind of surprised the doctor who chastised her wasn't the same as the one who ragged on her about Marshall.

Seriously. Pip has to be pushing mid 50s. Of course this is GH so she’ll be accepted to med school, graduate with honors and become the next medical director in six months. But IRL she’d have to go back to school to make up the course work she missed, then 4 years of med school, residency etc. she’d be in her 60s by the time she was finished. And that’s IF she was accepted at all.

NP or PA or perhaps nurse manager are all viable choices. But PA also requires acceptance to a certified two year program and they’re very difficult to get into. Not to mention the incredible expense of med school. She’d never make enough money to pay off those loans!

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Harmony wants a relationship with her daughter and grandson.

Her turd of a son-in-law isn't so enthusiastic on that front, as if his opinion should be the final one. I really wish someone would point that out to Willow. She'd probably ignore it, but it would at least get said.

It's too bad this incident won't make Willow rethink her relationship with Michael. This wasn't a one-off. He's been violent before. This should be a yellow flag, at least. But no, Michael is the bestest man ever. UGH.

• Love 8

Je-SUS, Michael is friggin' insufferable.  It's ironic that he keeps saying Sonny is obsessed with Nina when he can't keep her name out of his mouth.  I'm waiting for it to somehow be Nina's fault that Josslyn's sex tape (that literally wouldn't be anything more than a topic on the Port Charles Facebook page if this was real life--hardly headline news) was released. 

Then there's Epiphany, who has the worst bedside manner ever.  Imagine if she was a doctor--she'd be even worse.  Anyone who doesn't basically hang their head and let her steamroll gets the bitchy tone. 

Can Shawn leave already?  His goodbye tour is rivaling The Rolling Stones.  Also, mind your own business, Flunky.  It's not like Harmony is, IDK, a wannabe mob hitman whose only out of prison because she's got lousy aim. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

well.... no. as she wanted to build a relationship with Wiley from the moment she realized  that was her grandson. she's not doing it to tick those two nimrods off, she wants to have a relationship with the kid because it's her grandkid. 

I think I was unclear. Nina only wants to build a relationship with Wiley. That's her priority. It doesn't matter what  Michael and Willow feel about about her (or she about them) because she is going to continue to focus on Wylie.

Harmony has different goals that involve both Willow and Wylie.

Edited by nilyank
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think I was unclear. Nina only wants to build a relationship with Wiley. That's her priority. It doesn't matter what  Michael and Willow feel about about her (or she about them) because she is going to continue to focus on Wylie.

Harmony has different goals that involve both Willow and Wylie.

ohhhhh
I'm with you now. I'm sorry :)

I will say there were some scenes that Harmony was sad that she couldn't be with Wiley but yah I think she's more prepared to bide her time because she needs to make sure Willow loves her vs. Nina who has nothing really.

I could understand the kids at PCU talking about the sex tape (but no one else would care except the pearl-clutchers) but that kid who thought was hitting on Joss because of the tape -- what year is this? 1950?   There are enough college students having casual sex that learning that Joss was on tape with her boyfriend, even if she posted it herself, is not that big a deal.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Epiphany has terrible bedside manners. The chosen ones are treated rather well by her unless she wants them to stay in bed. The rest, she might as well be herding cows or something.

Cows get treated better, they don't usually get yelled at.

How does the show want us to see her? Are we supposed to think that Epiphany is a loud mouthed, biased know-it all?  Or that she's a strong black woman who knows the value of her mob friends? The writing is as bizarre as it is for Michael (although thankfully less of it).

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

But IRL she’d have to go back to school to make up the course work she missed, then 4 years of med school, residency etc. she’d be in her 60s by the time she was finished. And that’s IF she was accepted at all.

NP or PA or perhaps nurse manager are all viable choices. But PA also requires acceptance to a certified two year program and they’re very difficult to get into. Not to mention the incredible expense of med school. She’d never make enough money to pay off those loans!

I looked into NP requirements for a friend. A nurse practitioner has a BA in nursing (possibly Epiphany has it since she wanted to go to medical school), a couple of years of practice, and a Master's of Nursing. She could be done with it in a year.

The older one gets, the harder it is to learn the facts that form the medical school exams, not to mention that given Epiphany's health, she'd have a hard time doing the residence rotations. Going the NP route would not only enable her to be able to write her own orders in much less time, it's far more doable for someone like Epiphany.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

ER did the "nurse wonders whether she should become a doctor" story twice, with Carol and Abby. "No" and "yes" were the respective outcomes.

In the GH version, Epiphany could be the new chief of staff by January.

• LOL 8
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How does the show want us to see her? Are we supposed to think that Epiphany is a loud mouthed, biased know-it all?  Or that she's a strong black woman who knows the value of her mob friends? The writing is as bizarre as it is for Michael (although thankfully less of it).

I don't know that it's got to do with her being played as a strong black woman. I have seen Sonya Eddy in exactly two shows. GH and Seinfeld, so I really can't speak to other characters she's played. But with GH and Seinfeld, the character is exactly the same. Instead of her yelling at or about the patients on GH, she's yelling about the homeless and the muffin stumps on Seinfeld. The only think that's different about her is her clothes and her hair.

For me, it screams of typecasting, but again, I haven't seen her in anything else.

• Useful 2

I've heard that Sonya E. is really a lovely person, but I think beyond her being a large woman, there's something about her face that gets her cast in intimidating "hard-ass" roles. She's undeniably good at them. I've seen her in recurring roles on ER (that again) and Joan of Arcadia, maybe other things that aren't popping to mind. But she'll always be Rebecca De Mornay from Seinfeld to me. 

As far as how we're supposed to see Epiphany? I don't have a doubt in my mind. She 's supposed to be a salt-of-the-earth truth teller who speaks her mind and doesn't take any guff. If she approves of a character, we're supposed to, too. If she smacks someone down for getting too big for their britches, we're supposed to think they deserve it. I find Epiphany's characterization frequently obnoxious, but I think SE does her best with it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

LOL at Brad calling out Britt's fantasy of Jason.  And I really like the job that they got for him (even if I've never heard that it exists before).

"Michael says I'm choosing Nina over my family."   "Are you?"  They're really trying to make fetch happen, aren't they? The only one obsessed with either/or is Michael. And if Michael doesn't forgive, it's because he learned it from Sonny and Carly, not because he inherited it from the latter.

Today Brook Lynn and Maxie looked like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  I liked the party planning for the Deception IPO but a songwriter is not the same as an arranger.

Finn seems like he would be the hospital gossip. Trust your brother, okay?

It seems typical for Hatman to order mimosas "with your best champagne". The quality of champagne is wasted when you combine it with orange juice.

Epiphany, you are majorly deluding yourself if you think that you'll get into med school much less be able to juggle it with your job. This idea of Epiphany going to med school at all is mind-blowingly stupid.

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

ER did the "nurse wonders whether she should become a doctor" story twice, with Carol and Abby. "No" and "yes" were the respective outcomes.

IIRC Abby was already part-way through med school before she went into nursing to support her husband in law (?) school. At 20 years older than Abby, Epiphany is only just registering for the MCAT.

• Love 3

Today's Show

Britt's Office

Brad is helping Britt do the matchmaking questionnaire.  Britt is annoyed for having to do this, but Brad reminds her that the matchmaker has the hard part. 

PCPD
Liz wants to know if there is any more development on PaintingGate. Dante informs her nope. Liz tells him there is more development

The Brothers Awesome
Finn is "annoyed" to see Chase, because he figured that with BLQ back in time, Chase would be making it CLQ. 

Deception
Maxie breezes in, she forgot to have her Perks latte. She realizes that BLQ misses Bailey and tells her to go visit the baby at daycare. BLQ says maybe she'll do that because she does indeed misses cutie squishy cheeks. 

Metrocourt Dining Room.
Lucy is looking fetch in her blue dress and she got a fat commission because Cortia got the beachhouse. Piph + Hatman look at them squealing over said house.

Chez Sonny
Auntie Woo chides Sonny for not having a second, so she had to come visit him at home. Sonny says Jason is hard to replace. and is there a problem?

credits!

Deception

Maxie says that BLQ doesn't have to deflect her pain. She knows it's tough. They reminse how they had to go through what they did, and BLQ says it wasn't just her, Chase helped.. Maxie wants to know the dish between the two of them

Brothers Awesome
Chase is organizing the community softball team. Finn infodumps Chase about how Jake is talking to Jeff + Caroline. Chase doesn't understand that this is an issue. Neither does finn.

MC Dining Room
Cortia are like rubbing noses or something, while I reach for my ski pole to gag myself. Y'all just bought an ugly beachhouse calm yourselves. Piph asks Hatman if they wanto to join them and Hatman goes neh. I'm not pushy. Piph: "Excuse me? you've been pushy about me getting into your bed!" (Me: excuse me? what now?  they had one day and Hatman wants to have sexytimes with Piph? at least wait until the third date.).

Hatman replies that it's only common sense because theyll have a lot of fun making music together. snort

Lucy brings them some fruity juice stuff and Hatman wants to know what they are celebrating. She splits. Portia wants to be all "MOVE THAT BUS" on the house. 

PCPD
Dante reminds Liz about the hideaway key. Liz says everything has been removed, changed and more security cam. Liz also wants to know about the Sexytimes Video. Dante tells her he's aware and DumbassSon was arrested.

SonnyPad
Auntie reminds Sonny there are only 2 families and they consolidated so interests will meet from time to time. she wants use of the harbour. Sonny chuckles and lets her know that he'll consider it but Auntie has to play by Sonny's rules.  

Deception
BLQ says it was just to give her stuff back and they are just friends and that's how Chase wants it (oh girl please. Chase wants you, you want chase. I'm usually all in for the "build up to sexytimes" in a new relationship and I defend it a lot. but this is annoying. STOP BEING COWARDS AND JUST DO IT AREADY). Maxie notices the Songbook and is excited that BLQ is writing again. BLQ says no not really, but Chase convinced her that other people could sing. Maxie goes oooooooooooohhh did he now? that seems so friendly (snort). (also also. Deception is about to go public. still. and also also, anyways, where is Sasha?)

Brothers Awesome
Chase wants to know if the pause is over. Finn doesn't know, but Liz is still spooked. Finn reminds Chase it's a year, and they are mourning. But he's not giving up on the relationship. 

PCPD
DumbassSon is being arraigned this morning, and will be put out on bail, and have his day in court, infodumps Dante and the only reason why he's telling Liz is because it was apart of the best sexytimes video Port Charles has ever seen apparently, and he wants Liz + the kids to be wary of Beat Reporter because he's not letting this story go. I have no idea why they are making this such a big "story".

SonnyPad
Sonny wants no drugs, period. fullstop. (which is a period, Sonny LOL. and once again. i guess we're supposed to believe he's a mobster that does no drugs or weapon running, but is also a mobster who murders people over what? vitamin c tablets?). Auntie says whatever. Sonny wants all the info upfront. Auntie bends over to get the deal. Auntie brings up DumbassSon. Sonny hisses Michael is his problem you deal with yours. Auntie shrugs it off. "I have an eye on my family, believe me."

Britt's Office
Brad asks her to describe her perfect guy. Britt describes Jason. Brad snarks "does he have to wear a black leather jacket and ride a motorcycle?" "Low blow!" pouts Britt. Brad apologizes but reminds Britt that he wasn't perfect. "He was perfect for me." sighs Britt. Brad puts aside the perfect man talk and wants to know about the job situation.

MC Dining Room
Piph is going to take the MCATS. (whatever. have fun being a doctor 7 years from now. when you could just become an NP in 2 years and realize you can't do what you love to do as a nurse, you dumbo). Hatman is happy about this and wants Mimosas. 

Portia tells curtis that she is going to stop pushing Trina about Spencer. Curtis says good, and trusts Trina's decisions. Portia wants the best for Trina and she's becoming an adut, but she misses good ole times when she was a kid, and they could just confide in each other. Parenting is hard at any age, sighs Portia. Curtis looks wistfully at Hatman

Brothers Awesome
Chase is rooting for Fiz because they are a cute couple. Way to be proactive!!! and Chase walked right into that because Finn wants to know he talked to BLQ. Chase tells Finn that they did, they are friends. and will hang out and watching movies even though BLQ hogs the popcorn. "Are you okay just being friends?" Finn wants to know

Deception
"we're just friends, Chase Said so." BLQ says. Maxie wants to know if that's what BLQ wants. flashback to CLQ kiss   BLQ doesn't want a "it's not you it's me " situation, so she is fine with the friendzone. (coward). Lucy sashays in. "Sasha and Brando got married!" Maxie has the best WTF face as BLQ squeals

Britt's Office
Brad is not happy with the options, while Britt reminds him that Terry and she hire people together and Terry isn't going want to have him as a Lab Tech where he could tamper with results (oh yah because Brad's going to be the issue there), and it's too big of a liability. Brad: pouts that there are jobs, but then FOOD SERVICES SUPEVISOR? which was a booboo because Britt meant to give him Food Services Aide, because he's not qualified for the supervisor position but maybe he can be promoted. Brad is disgusted. 

SonnyPad
Dante shows up as Auntie is leaving. He snarks about the alleged mob business (shut up lemming). and then basically dances around the bush about the sexytimes tape heard all around the world. 

MC Dining Room
Piph doesn't know if she can handle med school + her job. "I'll have to work while I am at school :( " Hatman blows smokes up her ass and tell her she'll be perfect. I really want Piph to not get this, mostly because I DO believe NP is the better career choice, and just show another medical option on the show. (also Piph needs to be knocked down a peg)

Cortia are wondering if Hatman and Piph are together. Piph would be good for Hatman, says Portia. "Is hatman good for portia?" muses Curtis. 

Curtis tells Pipman they closed the house. YAYS all abound. Piph leaves to congrats Portia, and Cutis apologizes forinterrupting. "Don't worry," Sasses Hatman. "She'll be back, I'm not worried at all."  "Cocky, aren't you?" "It's called swagger, son." they laugh, but then hatman says seriously. "I don't know what I'm doing , son." (well you are dating Piph and drinking Mimosas, Hatman. #heretohelp!)

MC Dining Room
girls gab about the house and Portia wants to know if things are serious. Piph answers nope. We don't want anything serious.

(snort) so naturally Hatman is telling Curtis that's what he wants - something serious. and romance her. He wants what Cortia has.

Deception
Both shocked about the wedding.. Lots of infodumps. Maxie wants to know why Gladys wanted to stop it. Lucy explains it wasn't so much about Sasha, just that they went into it too fast. "They've been together for a YEAR" Maxie reminds them. BLQ agrees with Gladys. Maxie makes it about CLQ. BLQ clenches her jaw but Maxie thinks that this is great for Brasha.

Finn's Office
Liz infodumps Finn about Jake. She's mad that Jeff and Caroline told Jake to keep it secret (well... i don't think they did. JAKE did because Liz doesn't like them). She starts to infodump him about Cam but then says "no i'm not going to bother you." Finn has this big speech about they are stronger together, and Liz is not alone anymore, well not really alone, but. "Finn" Interrupts Liz. "Yeah" "Kiss meFIZ KISS

MC Dining Room
Hatman reminisces about wooing Curtis's mother.

Britt's Office
Britt tells Brad he was too busy whinging he didn't see the perfect job "Patient Care Advocate." Brad whinges that he doesnt do warm and fuzzy. "It's not! it's technical! you just explain procedures and stuff." Britt explains. "I can do that? I can do that!!" Brad squeals. Britt hurrahs and tells him he's hired pending Terry's approval They hug, and Brad wants to know what he'd ever do without Britt?

"Interesting question." drawls Auntie. Brad poops his pants, and Britt has a "i'm Faison's daughter, bitch." face

Sonny's Pad
Sonny is going to go mob on the reporter.. Dante says "No. it's MY job. you just back off, but why didn't Michael tell you." Sonny lets him know that DumbassSon doesn't consider Sonny fanny. "Oh, so things are not good between you i guess" YOU THINK, DANTE?! Sonny hasn't seen Michael this mad since he took custody of Avery. (hmm i wonder why. oh yeah because YOU MURD... whatever, we know why). Sonny tells Dante DumbassSon thinks he's choosing Nina over his family? Dante asks "are you?" Sonny looks at him. I try to find Jesus so i don't smack everyone. 

Finn's Office
the kiss breaks. Liz agrees with Finn. "We're better together." They flirt. And kiss again. 

Deception
Lucy wants to throw a party for Sasha. Maxie agrees, but they need to focus about the IPO party. They discuss music. Maxie brings up an Original song . BLQ says I have some songs. Lucy wants to know who will sing. She says something about lipsyncing, and Maxie hisses "LUCY!" but BLQ is okay with it. "i'm not singer. I'm a songwriter!" she announces proudly and everyone smiles

MC Dining Room
Piph tells Portia she's gonna take the MCATS. Portia asks "really? With all your nursing experiences? Portia says that Piph will be a great doctor and will mentor her. Well. whatever.

Curtis and Portia still talk about curtis's mama. Piph is close to that. whatever. Hatman "Piph doesn't judge anyone." Me: HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHHAAHA

Britt's Office
Auntie wants to know Britt better and they play verbal tennis about getting to know each other and Britt doesn't bow down to auntie. Brad says "I got a new job!" Auntie shoots it down. "Thanks, but Brad's working for me."

Sonny's Pad
Sonny just thinks that everyone will be happy if Nina + Dumbass Son weren't at loggerheads. . Dante replies it's not going to b that easy. You aren't that quick to forgive, where do you think Michael got it from? Sonny laments that this was a bad time to stop drinking. "Why?" asks Dante. Sonny infodumps him, and says Nina wants to help him and tells him to stop drinking. 

"That's good. So. is there a future between you and Nina" Dante wants to know. Sonny looks at him

Show Over!

• Love 7

Oh there was more stuff.

Fiz was kissing. 

BLQ's song has a duet- "Who will sing the male part" Chase shows up, and Maxie has a poop eating grin.

Auntie basically tells Brad no GH job, he's working for her, and they'll do lunch with Britt. Britt hisses if she has to be  worried about being poisioned. Brad thinks probably not but don't go to a second location. Britt looks sick.

Dante tells Sonny he can't have Michael and Nina. I vote Nina, because Michael isn't worth it. 

Curtis gets a phonecall from Jasonlite. "There were inconstancies in Hatman's past." sighs Curtis. NO. YOU THINK?!

NOW the show ends. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not that I recall. He basically took a few classes and that was it. ELQ called and it was a magic pairing.

He also got distracted by trying to save his stripper girlfriend by tutoring her that essential stopped going to school.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Epiphany, you are majorly deluding yourself if you think that you'll get into med school much less be able to juggle it with your job. This idea of Epiphany going to med school at all is mind-blowingly stupid.

On Oprah, there was a woman in either her 60s or 70s (I think 70s) that was featured because she was going to Yale Medical School after being a nurse for decades. However, even in her case, it she had always longed to be a doctor, did work towards it for a long time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Fiz was kissing. 

"Finn." "What?"  "Kiss me." "Okay." Hee.

6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He also got distracted by trying to save his stripper girlfriend by tutoring her

Ugh, I forgot about that. What a joke.

Look at Dante, trying to talk sense to Sonny. That's a fool's errand, Falconeri.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Finn." "What?"  "Kiss me." "Okay." Hee.

that was very teehee. i do like those little romantic moments like that on the show. i'm glad they aren't giving up on each other. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

you've been pushy about me getting into your bed

I first I thought he said bed too 😵 but I think it was band, because then he said that they could make beautiful music together, but I did not have closed captions on so I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

BLQ's song has a duet- "Who will sing the male part" Chase shows up, and Maxie has a poop eating grin.

But who will sing the woman's part, I thought BL can't sing and Lucy didn't want Amy?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I first I thought he said bed too 😵 but I think it was band, because then he said that they could make beautiful music together, but I did not have closed captions on so I could be wrong.

lol now that you said that, band makes more sense than bed because i was like. the hell you get there so fast?

8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

But who will sing the woman's part, I thought BL can't sing and Lucy didn't want Amy?

yeah that was so weird. they were so focused on the duet, it's like..... um well... the girl part though?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

ol now that you said that, band makes more sense than bed because i was like. the hell you get there so fast?

16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

hah me too.  Hatman doesn't know that Pip's last boyfriend was Magic Milo , no pressure Hatman 😅

• LOL 5
26 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Gross.

I guess Chase will no longer be a cop.  They’re going to have him singing all over the place.  I’m already rolling my eyes.

Maybe Chase can join Hatman (and Epiphany?) in the band! 

Or maybe not.

• LOL 1

I'm surprised that Alexis is Editor-in-Chief.  One would think experience would be required, but then someone could be in a coma for 25 years, wake up and run a fashion magazine, so there's that.

• LOL 6
24 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm surprised that Alexis is Editor-in-Chief.  One would think experience would be required, but then someone could be in a coma for 25 years, wake up and run a fashion magazine, so there's that.

At least she has an advanced degree and spent decades working a mental challenging job.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

At least she has an advanced degree and spent decades working a mental challenging job.

Having an advanced degree and working a mentally challenging job does not equate to being qualified to be an Editor in Chief of a magazine or newspaper or anything else. My son is a Veterinarian but that doesn’t qualify him to be an attorney or an editor or a police detective. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Having an advanced degree and working a mentally challenging job does not equate to being qualified to be an Editor in Chief of a magazine or newspaper or anything else. My son is a Veterinarian but that doesn’t qualify him to be an attorney or an editor or a police detective. 

I was saying she was more qualified compared to people on this show that wind up as CEOs or run hotels or Editors in Chief of established fashion magazines. At least her being a lawyer involved her writing and researching. It might not be as close as when Dillion became Crimson's photographer (since magazine are doing more multimedia nowadays).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Lol she’s unqualified but is she really any more unqualified than most of the town are with their jobs save the ones who came on the show established in their fields?

• Love 2

I'm not bothered by Alexis's new career. Lawyers have to know the language well and how to craft an argument. There are certainly complementary skill sets in both jobs. It's not realistic in the real world but in soap world it's surprisingly logical. And I loved how she framed the convo with Carly about Joss having agency in how her story was told. I wouldn't buy Scott going from lawyer to EiC.  But I can buy Alexis in the job.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

he never finished PCU?

I might be misremembering but I think they pretended like he went offscreen years later when they were really nailing in how Michael was so well adjusted and successful compared to his screwup siblings Morgan and Kristina but we saw him constantly in those years and he never mentioned school. His being voted in as CEO over Tracy when he was like 20 and had no experience was so insulting. Also, he never even applied to college. Kristina did it for him and Molly wrote his admission essays. He couldn’t even manage that because he was set on joining dear old dad in the mob. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Britt is smarter than openly antagonizing Ms. Woo. She should just charm and manipulate her.

I don't know if I can survive Chase starting to sing regularly! And furthermore, nothing can make me care about Hatman, or Piph trying to achieve her dream! 

• Love 6

Thanks to @Daisy I was forewarned and able to FF most of Curtis, Portia, Marshall and Epiphany. Which gave me time to be wowed by the fact that BLQ had on a light blue sweater (over a black blouse, but baby steps) and that Maxie looked cute in that deep red blouse. It wasn't my style but it really set off her hair and skin. In fact, almost everyone looked great, Sonny and Dante included. The one exception was Lucy - that blue was pretty but I wish her hair had been down to soften her neckline.

I almost never notice what people are wearing, so someone in make-up and wardrobe was actually doing their job. 

Eta: I  feel so shallow 🙂

• Love 3

When is Marshall leaving? I that actor totally annoys me. His smile, his face and that stupid hat. I’ve never had such a adverse reaction to an actor/character in my years of watching GH. Peter was just annoying because the storyline went on too long. Marshall hasn’t even been here a year and he’s on my last nerve. 

Side Note: I’ve been watching retro GH circa 1978-1979 on YouTube. It’s when Heather (Mary O’Brien) was driving Diana Taylor crazy and accidentally drank the LSD laced iced tea by mistake. Then nuHeather (Robin Mattson) escaping from the sanitarium to kill Dina Taylor. Such good stuff. I watched it then (I was around 15) and, I totally remember it. This was even before Luke and Laura were getting hot. I think this is the storyline that saved GH. IMO!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Maybe Chase can join Hatman (and Epiphany?) in the band! 

Or maybe not.

You know what?  I can totally see that happening.  Then, Brook Lynn is going to write the songs for them.  I can see a whole lot of unnecessary singing happening on this damn show.  If that happens, I’m done.  I’m barely hanging on anyway.

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

When is Marshall leaving?

I don't think he is.  

On the plus side, we're treated to that sizzling chemistry between him and Epiphany.  Nothing I like better than a new character and a perpetual background character being front and center...

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

You know what?  I can totally see that happening.  Then, Brook Lynn is going to write the songs for them.  I can see a whole lot of unnecessary singing happening on this damn show.  If that happens, I’m done.  I’m barely hanging on anyway.

I think the show is struggling what to write for his character. Their current default for pairings seems to be working together which I guess means that they don’t want to show him as a cop right now. I don’t remember JS being an impressive singer to warrant this SL. His NB performances were heavily auto tuned and the songs he performed weren’t particularly challenging to begin with. 

41 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think the show is struggling what to write for his character. 

I think the character is twisting in the wind because they're just now about to start their mob storyline. 

The show went from five families down to two. Joey Novak received a beatdown that sent him to the hospital, we had that whole cryptic stuff about someone trying to fill the void left by Cyrus and Jennifer Smith calling them after she made a pit stop at Luke's funeral.

They're taking their sweet time to start this thing. Meanwhile, we have to watch nonsense on the screen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

apparently a lot of people are excited for this "meatier" storyline for Piph becoming a Doctor. when I pointed out on their twitter that there were other logical things that Piph could be interested in - that is less time, and is still tied into her love of being a nurse - everyone was like "but Piph becoming a Doctor is a better storyline."

like okay? how? why? because you don't know what an NP is?

and a lot of people are on #TeamMichael in this Sonny v. Michael storyline which is bonkers to me. (i'd reckon because they are either Sonny/Carly fans and are mad at Nina, or just hate Nina). but again, not really sure how Michael is in the right here at all considering everything happened was his fault. 

He pressed charges without asking his father how he felt. 
He bribed a DA on bogus charges
He's the one who has the massive hate boner for Nina because he hurt wittle Willow's feelings. 
and sonny isn't cow-towing to him for like the 2nd time ever in his life and he can't compute. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and a lot of people are on #TeamMichael in this Sonny v. Michael storyline which is bonkers to me.

Can I be team nobody? Or, on second thought I'll be team Donna and Avery, because nobody should have to grow up in this family.  

• Love 5

As a recently retired editor in chief, I can confirm that Alexis is qualified to run a newspaper/newsmagazine (Crimson is the only Fashion mag these days in PC). You do a lot of research and writing at law school, plus I’m pretty sure she was editor of the Law Review at Yale (or a different Ivy League school; I don’t recall). As someone else pointed out, she’s been researching and writing throughout her career. (How many fashion week presentations did Nina cover in her NINE MONTHS WITH SONNY? Um, that would be none!)

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

like okay? how? why? because you don't know what an NP is?

NPs and PAs are everywhere. My mom had heart problems, and she saw a doctor on her initial visits (and pre-surgery), but it was an NP who did all the followups and general care. It was a big job. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

NPs and PAs are everywhere. My mom had heart problems, and she saw a doctor on her initial visits (and pre-surgery), but it was an NP who did all the followups and general care. It was a big job. 

yeah the same here. i actually know a lot of people who got their Nursing degree and then turned into being NPs. (went to school with them). it's just boggling that they are pushing Doctor Piph, so hard to the point Portia wants to mentor her. people should be directing Piph to alternative routes. 

12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Can I be team nobody? Or, on second thought I'll be team Donna and Avery, because nobody should have to grow up in this family.  

lol so true

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

My husband has spent way too much time in the hospital these last few years and the daily staff physician visits were a mix of MD, DO, NP and PAs. They all did basically the same thing. Even the specialists were first the doctor with follow-ups by their own specialist NPs. 

It's possible that Epiphany already has a Masters, since she is a head nurse. From there. NP would be a no-brainer and wouldn't insult us. 

Eta: a story where someone advised Piph to go the NP route would actually be educational and a public service. 

• Love 4