Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

OMG, I thought I'd have an aneurysm when Olivia apologized for keeping Dante away from Sonny as a kid. 

I wish the show could, uh, show some nuance with this sort of thing. Have Olivia be sorry that Sonny being a gangster meant she had no choice but to keep Dante away from him, and she's sorry for that. 

And somehow Alexis is a bigger villain for accidentally stabbing Dante with a needle than Sonny was for deliberately shooting an unarmed Dante in the chest. You know Olivia won't lie for Alexis. Shut up, Olivia.

Seriously.

DZ did play it like Dante was trying to come up with reasons for why what his mom wasn't saying completely bullshit which I appreciated.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

DZ did play it like Dante was trying to come up with reasons for why what his mom wasn't saying completely bullshit which I appreciated.

Yeah. DZ did kind of indicate that Dante felt being away from Sonny as a kid was warranted, but this wasn't the time to debate it with Olivia. Someone at least has a bit of gray about Sonny.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

OMG, I thought I'd have an aneurysm when Olivia apologized for keeping Dante away from Sonny as a kid. 

I wish the show could, uh, show some nuance with this sort of thing. Have Olivia be sorry that Sonny being a gangster meant she had no choice but to keep Dante away from him, and she's sorry for that. 

It's just so ridiculous.  Had Sonny been in Dante's life from day one there's more than a strong chance Dante wouldn't be the man he is today.  But Olivia is so blinded to Sonny's faults that she can't acknowledge she probably saved her kid's life by doing that.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Bit of a tangent, but one moment that really pissed me off during CarJax was when they picked out the godparents. 

Yup, that's Carly propping for ya. My issue was that the relationship should never have even gotten to that point. IR as Jax was introduced on the show as this business savvy and worldly man, who was obviously attractive to lots of women. With Brenda's upbringing/background and beauty, the mutual attraction seemed natural. Educated Alexis, who had grown up outside the United States, made sense for Jax as a BFF and potential love interest.  Carly, who grew up in a low-class environment, went from Florida to Port Charles and never traveled or finished her education due to lack of interest and a preference for latching onto men who made her feel important due to status/wealth, is not the kind of woman Jasper Jaxs would EVER be interested in and certainly would not be interested in competing with a thug like Sonny for a place in her life.  A real-life Jax would see this woman's attachment to Jason and Sonny and be like "F-this; I can do better than Carly anywhere else."  Unfortunately, Jax, like JZ's Bobbie, has been turned into another character who exists for the most part to prop up Carly.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Bit of a tangent, but one moment that really pissed me off during CarJax was when they picked out the godparents. (It is an entitled behavior I see in a lot of woman in the real world).Or more to the point, when Carly demanded her picks for godparents be honored. She insisted that Jason be the godfather instead of Lucky because she didn't feel particularly close to Lucky, but wouldn't allow Alexis to be the god mother because Alexis "didn't like her", never mind Jason had very little respect for Jax (or any other man not Sonny) and her son being brother and cousin to her two daughters. The compromise could have been that Lucky and Lulu would be the godparents since Lulu was picked as the godmother, but she has to consistently tie Jason into her life one way or another. 

I found it hilarious that she made Lulu the godmother considering that they weren’t close for much longer than after that baptism. IIRC all of that stuff with Dante and Carly seeking revenge came pretty close after that. But I guess she had no other options for godmother since she had no female friends. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yup, that's Carly propping for ya. My issue was that the relationship should never have even gotten to that point. IR as Jax was introduced on the show as this business savvy and worldly man, who was obviously attractive to lots of women. With Brenda's upbringing/background and beauty, the mutual attraction seemed natural. Educated Alexis, who had grown up outside the United States, made sense for Jax as a BFF and potential love interest.  Carly, who grew up in a low-class environment, went from Florida to Port Charles and never traveled or finished her education due to lack of interest and a preference for latching onto men who made her feel important due to status/wealth, is not the kind of woman Jasper Jaxs would EVER be interested in and certainly would not be interested in competing with a thug like Sonny for a place in her life.  A real-life Jax would see this woman's attachment to Jason and Sonny and be like "F-this; I can do better than Carly anywhere else."  Unfortunately, Jax, like JZ's Bobbie, has been turned into another character who exists for the most part to prop up Carly.

The two previous women that Jax was involved with were Sam and Courtney. Women with similar backgrounds to Carly both who ended up deeply entwined with Jason and Sonny. After all his experiences starting with Brenda, Jax should have stayed completely away Courtney but most definitely Carly.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I found it hilarious that she made Lulu the godmother considering that they weren’t close for much longer than after that baptism. IIRC all of that stuff with Dante and Carly seeking revenge came pretty close after that. But I guess she had no other options for godmother since she had no female friends. 

Here eventual treatment of Lulu shows why she has no female friends. Carly is the reason that Brook Lynn and Lulu hate each other. Before Carly decided to use BL in her revenge plan, BL & Lulu were friendly with each other. The most disturbing thing about it is that even after Lulu apologized, Carly had no qualms or a moment of hesitation into letting Lulu thinking that she had forgiven her and plotting against Lulu and Dante.

• Love 3

LOL that the cop is talking to Lenny about Sonny as if he's not two feet away and can hear everything. And yeah, maybe you should have taken his prints and run them when you first picked up Sonny. FFS. Stupid for the plot's sake is so aggravating.

25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Olivia is so blinded to Sonny's faults that she can't acknowledge she probably saved her kid's life by doing that.

I actually don't think she's blinded to his faults, but she's so determined not to speak ill of the dead that she's saying inane stuff like this.

56 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Olivia crying over the Dante/Michael hug that "would make Sonny so happy" made me gag.

She made it sound as if Michael and Dante barely knew each other. Her OTT in this circumstance is basically in character, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

I love how all the adults in Joss's life are like, "Yup, terrible things happen, but you gotta keep going" as if what Sonny and Jason do hasn't been responsible for a lot of those terrible things.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I actually don't think she's blinded to his faults, but she's so determined not to speak ill of the dead that she's saying inane stuff like this.

The show never fails to make her an Italian/Catholic cliche, so I'm assuming she brought a tray of manicotti to the church, as well.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The show never fails to make her an Italian/Catholic cliche, so I'm assuming she brought a tray of manicotti to the church, as well.

I think she was holding a rosary as she was getting dressed for the funeral.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think she was holding a rosary as she was getting dressed for the funeral.

Yes, she was. The same one she had when she was praying at the chapel and used to vow vengeance on that slattern Alexis.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

How many graves and coffins has Sonny had thus far?

Whatever funeral home the Corinthii use must send them a gift basket every year for all the business that comes their way. 

Also, dear god, I've developed a hacking cough from all the smoke being blown up Carly's ass in this episode. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

1968, my ass.

And why is it necessary to bury an empty coffin?  Why not just have a memorial service? 

Time to play math.

MB was born in 1963.

DZ was born in 1979 but Dante plays younger because

LLoC was born in 1970

Sonny fathered Dante when he was 18 to 21 years old. Dante is older than 30+ years old

• Useful 2
26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Time to play math.

MB was born in 1963.

LLoC was born in 1970

Sonny fathered Dante when he was 18 to 21 years old. Dante is older than 30+ years old

Based of LLoC age, I figure Dante was born around 1985.

53 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Time to play math.

MB was born in 1963.

LLoC was born in 1970

Maybe LLC plays older.

21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe LLC plays older.

But they have MB playing Sonny younger but still older than Olivia, so Sonny was still 18-21 when Dante was conceived. If Sonny was 52-53 (which is silly), then Dante can not be older than 35.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

But they have MB playing Sonny younger but still older than Olivia, so Sonny was still 18-21 when Dante was conceived. If Sonny was 52-53 (which is silly), then Dante can not be older than 35.

I've sent people say Sonny was 16 when he was born. But imo I think the show keeps ages vague on purpose, otherwise we would see milestone birthdays more often. 

5 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Whatever. I can't sit through this farce. Don't know who the genius is that said "Hey, people really loved watching all the mourning for Mike I for 6 months, so why not 6 months of fake mourning for Mike II? They will be glued to the TV" but I would like to have a word with them. It'll be civil, I promise 😉"

And just for more fun, the last few repeat episodes shown in Canada were about Mike dying and everyone being so upset about that. And yep, Jason parents Joss about how hard it is but Mike would want her to move on and be happy.

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's just so ridiculous.  Had Sonny been in Dante's life from day one there's more than a strong chance Dante wouldn't be the man he is today.  But Olivia is so blinded to Sonny's faults that she can't acknowledge she probably saved her kid's life by doing that.

I miss the Olivia that wasn't a Sonny ass-kisser. She was more interesting.

Between all the propping of Sonny, Carly, Jason, Michael and Joss lately, it's like a reverse-roast.'

4 hours ago, nilyank said:

The two previous women that Jax was involved with were Sam and Courtney. Women with similar backgrounds to Carly both who ended up deeply entwined with Jason and Sonny. After all his experiences starting with Brenda, Jax should have stayed completely away Courtney but most definitely Carly.

He should have stayed far, far away from Courtney because in addition to her association with Sonny, she really wasn't very bright or glamorous. I can see why he might be intrigued with Sam because when she came on the show she was a con artist and it would have challenged his wits to see if he could best her. That was before Sonny and Jason sucked her brains out though.

Associating with Carly has killed all of Jaxo's sex appeal for me.

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And why is it necessary to bury an empty coffin?  Why not just have a memorial service?

Carly wants to take over that corner of the cemetery so that people like Nelle can never be anywhere near her beloved mobsters.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Quoting myself from 2016:

SERIOUSLY. How sad is it that 15 year-old Backstory Olivia is so much smarter than... well, pretty much any version of Olivia we've actually seen onscreen? Sonny-propping from her might actually make less sense than from anyone else if you stop to think about it for ten seconds.

• Love 7

@Melgaypet I’ve always held the same thoughts about Olivia. Pretty much everything we’ve seen onscreen from her since the time Dominic was revealed to be Dante has completely negated her backstory. Her words today were completely in character for her. She acts like Sonny walks on water. It’s bizarre since they haven’t been together in years and the rest of Sonny’s exes have called him out on occasion during the times they weren’t sleeping with him. 

• Love 3

The Tuesday show is a step up from the Monday one, even though it's still too Sonny-focused.  

Scroll past the rest of this if you care about being spoiled. 

I didn't know in advance that there was going to be such a big development: Nina overhearing the full extent of what Carly and Jax have been hiding about Nelle's fall to her apparent death, Carly's role in same, and Jax covering for her. Of course, the two of them loudly and explicitly talked about it with her on the other side of a door. Good stuff. I'm thinking Cynthia Watros might get to bring out her inner Annie Dutton. Amazingly, Nina is confronting Jax within the same episode about what she knows.

Alexis and daughters have pretty good scenes, although I don't like any of the daughters much.  

Laura and Cyrus are okay too, but it's getting to that point where they're obviously having a version of the same conversation every time we see them, so it's wearing thin.    

Still too much "emotion" going into the fake funeral, including an enormous color head shot of MB up front, and a long scene of everyone walking up to the casket and taking an emotional moment with it before placing a flower on it. I'm thinking the writers know they won't ever get to write a real Sonny funeral, so they want to have a crack at it.

In the race for most sickening remembrance of Sonny, I give it to Spinelli: Sonny was touched by greatness, and his passing will leave a void in the universe. I was on a break when Jason got kicked into the harbor, but was Spin even that hyperbolic over Jason being dead? And does Spinelli really need to qualify Sonny's crimes as "alleged" when talking to Jason and Diane? He's helped in some of them. 

Part of my nightmare scenario came true. Flannel-shirted amnesiac Sonny is having visions of Laura Wright, but always either from behind or backlit so that he can't see her face. Still, as he puts it to Lenny, he's remembrin' sumthin'! This whole story really continues to suffer from MB's seniority.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I know the show wants to drag out Sonny's amnesia as long as possible—it's such good drama, you know—but to waste the soapy opportunity of him appearing at his own funeral is disappointing. Or at least have him lurking unseen in the back of the church and wondering WTF is going on. Having amnesia among people who know who he is is much more interesting than having amnesia among people he doesn't. 

Edited by dubbel zout
parallelism
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Between all the propping of Sonny, Carly, Jason, Michael and Joss lately, it's like a reverse-roast

See, this is why I'm terrified for Chase. It would totally be the show's MO to character assassinate a guy that was a romantic rival of Michael's. 

• Love 1

Huge yaaaaaawn.😪😪 Why did I try to see if the stupid APP was going to air it last Tuesday evening?

Olivia can just STF Right Up, and ask for a position in Mooby's scattered mafeeeeeeia. That she can't see that if her teenage self had told Mooby about her pregnancy, that Dante would probably be dead or some capo in one of the Families, is just rage inducing. And like others have said, she was oh so willing to quickly forgive Mooby's ass for deliberately shooting him in the chest, but Alexis is a "Murderous Bitch" because Dante stepped in the way of her going after Franco.

And wow, just wow. For all these years, Jax has been calling out Mooby for him being a criminal and thug, but of course he's such SheBeast's lapdog now, that it's whittled and reduced to "differences". I still remember Righteous Jax yelling at Mooby when it looked like Brenda had been killed in that limo after she'd married his sorry ass, during that Daniel Benzali story line.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Flannel-shirted amnesiac Sonny is having visions of Laura Wright, but always either from behind or backlit so that he can't see her face. Still, as he puts it to Lenny, he's remembrin' sumthin'! This whole story really continues to suffer from MB's seniority.

I’ll preface this with I have no spoilers about this but I had a feeling they’re going to take advantage of LW and CW’s similar appearance and he’ll think Nina is his wife. 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

See, this is why I'm terrified for Chase. It would totally be the show's MO to character assassinate a guy that was a romantic rival of Michael's. 

I don't think you have to worry about that. They will probably move Chase on.

And I think Michael is a terribly written character but I don't think anyone was ever vilified for him. Maybe Morgan a bit during the Kiki mess but even then they (tried) to rehabilitate him big time with bi polar and penguins and journals and gingerbread.

• Love 3

Dear California writers, the ground in upstate New York is frozen hard as a rock between say December and the end of March.  Which is why anyone who dies during that time, does not have a burial until the ground thaws in the spring.  Please learn that.

Also, snow is wet, so this contant shot of women kneeling in their bare legs beside tombstones (britt/maxie/Nina at Nathan's graveside last week and Nina at Nelle's today) is beyond stupid.  Please learn that.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Dear California writers, the ground in upstate New York is frozen hard as a rock between say December and the end of March.  Which is why anyone who dies during that time, does not have a burial until the ground thaws in the spring.  Please learn that.

Also, snow is wet, so this contant shot of women kneeling in their bare legs beside tombstones (britt/maxie/Nina at Nathan's graveside last week and Nina at Nelle's today) is beyond stupid.  Please learn that.  

It's funny.  I was on another board discussign a show and I said that we didn't have burials in the winter, we have a memorial service and then wait until spring to bury.  Even though I have personally experienced this, I was told I was wrong by quite a few people from Connecticut and New Jersey saying they use heavy equipment and do indeed buy during the winter. Again, I have never experienced that happening, but others say it does happen.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I was told I was wrong by quite a few people from Connecticut and New Jersey saying they use heavy equipment and do indeed buy during the winter. Again, I have never experienced that happening, but others say it does happen.

I'm in Toronto and our weather is similar to what it would realistically be in POrt Charles and we don't bury our dead until spring.  My father passed away March 29th and while we had his funeral and everything at that time, we didn't do the burial service until mid May.  It drags it out since you;re grieving twice, so maybe that's why some areas will use the heavy equipment and do it right away.

Edited by perkie1968
  • Useful 1

Brando not going to the funeral is supposed to be a big deal, but him and Sonny have known each other for like a year and they aren't all that close. He doesn't even call Carly by her first name. I'm guessing Carly calling him family a million times was supposed to be her "godfathering" but it just sounded silly. As far as Kristina knows, he is working for the man that tried to kill several people in her family. she has no reason to see him as family.

The show dragging out this Cyrus story has ruined the dynamic between Cyrus and Laura. Their scenes are just so tiring now. He comes off as whiny and not menacing. "My mom turned me in because I killed my dad. wah wah wah" They are working hard to make Carly look clean in this kidnapping. The mom is receiving better care and Cyrus has some sort of love/hate for her. Next we'll find out he would stick her with needles on his visits just so Carly turns into a freaking saint for "rescuing" her.

I always get a kick out of soap conversations written specifically for the eavesdropper. Jax and Carly went through the whole timeline of events just to make sure Nina got all the details 😄. "Thank you for telling me to lie to the cops". They could show Carly crying to a priest and I still wouldn't believe that not being able to save Nelle affects her. Possibly getting in trouble, the possibility she isn't really dead and can come back to life? yes. Not being able to save her? lol NO. She practically orgasmed at the thought of Sonny killing Nelle while she was pregnant with the sainted ones child.

They are mentioning Morgan an awful lot. They can resurrect him just so they can no longer throw this in Ava's face, but he has to leave town for school or something.

Sonny remembers how to use a gun and distrust cops 🙄. Don't forget the sauce. I don't get the purpose of this story and I don't think the writers do either. Even if there was only one soap left, this still wouldn't be Emmy bait so lets move it along.

I still don't understand how Sonnys official death keeps everyone safe. Why would other gangs even care about an official obituary? Whether he is alive or dead, new management should naturally bring new challengers. "Well boys, it looks like Sonny really is dead and Jason's in charge. Guess we can't stake our claim to his territory now" 😩. They need to stop with these mob stories.

Jason looks constipated.

"Sonny managed to touch peoples lives in a positive way" 🙄

Curse you Nina for making me watch this whole episode just for the end. It was a good scene, but still. The confrontation tomorrow better be glorious. I doubt Nina will win in the end, but I will take what I can get.

Willow always gets weird when Sasha comes around. It almost feels like the show wants a double triangle. Sasha/Mikey/Willow and Mikey/Willow/Chase, but refuses to commit to either. But there also seems to be seeds of Brando/Sasha. If they are going to keep Brando and Sasha, I wouldn't mind them being paired and moved far away from Renault and Corinthos stories. Whenever Brando is in the mob stuff, they have him talk and act like a Jason clone, inferior of course.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This is the 2nd time Sonny has "died" since I started watching again in 2002.  He faked his death back then.  It was when Jourtney was starting up and Jason lied to Elizabeth about Sonny's death.  She walked out on him when she learned the truth.  I seem to remember a scene with MB lying in the coffin pretending to be dead.  Jourtney and Carly were in on it, but no one else.

I really hate funerals on any show. Here, let's wax poetics about Sonny, the mobster, who was so great! I don't care how catholic he was.

I'm shocked Joss didn't have a whole montage with Sonny where he walks her down the isle and gets to be the first one to hold her firstborn child ahead of her. 

Olivia's grief seems so over the top. Jason looked constipated as per usual. Michael's emotionless emotions were as blah as he is. 

I hope Nina cuts a bitch tomorrow. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Huge yaaaaaawn.😪😪 Why did I try to see if the stupid APP was going to air it last Tuesday evening?

Olivia can just STF Right Up, and ask for a position in Mooby's scattered mafeeeeeeia. That she can't see that if her teenage self had told Mooby about her pregnancy, that Dante would probably be dead or some capo in one of the Families, is just rage inducing. And like others have said, she was oh so willing to quickly forgive Mooby's ass for deliberately shooting him in the chest, but Alexis is a "Murderous Bitch" because Dante stepped in the way of her going after Franco.

And wow, just wow. For all these years, Jax has been calling out Mooby for him being a criminal and thug, but of course he's such SheBeast's lapdog now, that it's whittled and reduced to "differences". I still remember Righteous Jax yelling at Mooby when it looked like Brenda had been killed in that limo after she'd married his sorry ass, during that Daniel Benzali story line.

8:03 if the copy/past time didn't work

I miss that Jax. Ruined him by giving him not only to Carly, but giving Carly a freaking mini shebeast.

• Love 4

Drink every time says Mike.

"We're just concerned for you, Mike."

"Are you okay, Mike?"

"Can I get you some coffee, Mike?"

"What was your dream about, Mike?"

"What's it like being Mike, Mike?"

Edited by VioletMarx
  • LOL 5

Ugh. Nina is going to be ridiculous as she blames Carly for not having a relationship with her daughter.

The only person that she should blame is the person who gleefully caused her coma and gave her baby away and never told her about it. Madeline.

While she is trying to get justice/revenge for her daughter against Nelle's biggest victims, I hope she remembers that she has no legal standing in regards to Wiley and Michael is never going to agree to granting a dna test if she is openly plotting against Carly. And a stupid heart necklace is not proof of anything especially in the courts.

• Love 2

OK, yesterday when I saw that our first new episode in a week was Sonny's funeral I watched Days, with its epic saga of Ben and Ciara's Twu Wuv, instead. Ben and Ciara, people. If you don't watch Days and don't know who they are, consider yourself very, very lucky. If you do watch Days, then you know how desperate I was to avoid the inevitable Sonny lovefest. Yeesh. Episodes like this are why the FF button is made.

23 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Not. Enough.

4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

:( Nooooooo!!

Though, to be fair to the writers, killing off all other men would be the only way any sane woman would willingly pick the SLS  human equivalent of a wet paper sack of unflavored instant oatmeal  Michael.

1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

They are mentioning Morgan an awful lot. They can resurrect him just so they can no longer throw this in Ava's face, but he has to leave town for school or something.

While it would be very nice to have everyone STFU about how evil Ava killed poor saintly Morgan, I'm not sure having Morgan back on the show is a price worth paying.

Jason looks constipated.

What else is new, right, lol.

Hey look! There's a Jason emoji: 😶

Whenever Brando is in the mob stuff, they have him talk and act like a Jason clone, inferior of course.

Inferior as in, you can see his facial muscles moving and expressing emotion?

Random thought of the day: Carly is the hybrid of a banshee and a Dementor, warning the unaware of her presence with her terrible voice while sucking the joy out of everyone around her.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

My DVR missed Monday’s episode because it thought it had already been shown in the last month. It also didn’t set to record through Thursday for the same apparent reason. These preemptions are being mean to the DVRs lol. Fortunately, I caught the issue yesterday and set to manually record. I think someone summarized Monday, so thanks for that

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Ugh. Nina is going to be ridiculous as she blames Carly for not having a relationship with her daughter.

Carly is just evil for hesitating to go and help someone who had just slashed someone's throat and committed multiple crimes against people that she loves.

I'm not a fan of LW's Carly but I just can't cheer for Nina even a tiny bit. With the exception of lying to the police, Carly didn't do anything wrong. It just seems to me that Nina is pissed that Jax seems to like Carly more and Carly has people to support her....Actually she seems like Nelle in her hatred of Carly. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

8:03 if the copy/past time didn't work

I miss that Jax. Ruined him by giving him not only to Carly, but giving Carly a freaking mini shebeast.

People didn't seem too broken up about Brenda having been killed right before their eyes. Except for Jax, everyone seemed more concerned about making sure poor Sonny was ok. Robin hugs him and isn't even crying about Brenda ? I wasn't watching back then. Was Jason wearing eyeliner ? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, xfuse said:

I'm not a fan of LW's Carly but I just can't cheer for Nina even a tiny bit. With the exception of lying to the police, Carly didn't do anything wrong. It just seems to me that Nina is pissed that Jax seems to like Carly more and Carly has people to support her....Actually she seems like Nelle in her hatred of Carly. 

She does. But the whole lying about what happened that night on the cliff even if Carly didn't do anything wrong will make her look guilty in Nina's eyes. Why cover it up at all if she had nothing to reproach herself. Oh, she listened to Jax who for some reason thought she shouldn't tell the cops anything. That whole cliff plot point was so stupid!

But one thing I noticed with Carly is that she will always get away with the vile things she does. She'll get away with murder. But she never gets away with the stuff she is innocent from doing. That way, the show can have its cake and eat it too. Poor widowed Carly is now being accused of doing something terrible by that shrew Nina even though she really did try to save Nelle that night.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

It's funny.  I was on another board discussign a show and I said that we didn't have burials in the winter, we have a memorial service and then wait until spring to bury.  Even though I have personally experienced this, I was told I was wrong by quite a few people from Connecticut and New Jersey saying they use heavy equipment and do indeed buy during the winter. Again, I have never experienced that happening, but others say it does happen.

The movie Manchester by the Sea (set in Massachusetts) gets into this issue in a well-informed way and makes it a big part of the plot. Essentially, it depends on the cemetery. A steam shovel can penetrate the hard ground, but many cemeteries, especially those of an historic nature (like the cemetery used in the film), do not permit them. The just-deceased character's son, who seems at first pretty stoic about the loss, starts coming unraveled over the idea of his dad being in a freezer for months.

The grief at the funeral seemed so over the top for, Willow and Trina falling into each other's arms, Olivia crying at the graveside as if Sonny had died a couple of days ago.  Willow's dress was awfully low-cut for a funeral, maybe she got it from her clubbing closet.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hope Nina cuts a bitch tomorrow. 

And hopefully not in a "figure of speech" kind of way.

Yes, Nelle did bad things. But Carly just ignores that she had advantages that Nelle didn't, a mother who tried even if she didn't succeed, who protected her from a deadbeat dad who used Nelle to get money by selling her kidney, and a coterie of men who protected her and  praise her and excused whatever she does wrong and gave her lots of money so that she could buy whatever she wanted and live the life that Nelle dreamed of. Carly was gifted a lot that Nelle dreamt of.

In a more equitable world, Sonny and Jason would be in jail, and Carly would be convicted of kidnapping Florence, and she and Nelle could hate each other in jail.

• Love 13