Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I am a Liz fan, and I hated that she was all angry when Franco is not the one Dr. Robinson just had to save from dying. Dante, who is her kids' cousin's Dad and Lucky's former partner, is in fact recovering from being attacked.  Elizabeth has known Dante longer than Franco has even been in her life!!  Elizabeth can express anger about Peter's actions putting a target on Franco's back and possibly endangering her children, but talking like Franco was the one who almost died is crap.

But Dante wasn't attacked -- Franco was. Dante stepped in to protect him. Yes Obrecht told him to protect Franco but I'd like to think that an honest cop would have stepped in anyway to save an innocent person from being killed since no matter what he's done in the past, right now Franco is innocent of hurting anyone.

Of course Liz is worried, in addition to Franco's inoperable tumour which would be enough to knock anyone, she's afraid that people will attack her husband because Peter told them that Franco's tumour is back and he's a danger to everyone. Someone could be successful at any time. That she's known Dante for longer than she's known Franco doesn't matter, Franco is the husband she loves.

Peter is willing to sacrifice and hurt everyone to take the blame for his sins and get the life that he wants. Anna suspects and is covering for him. She's as bad as anyone in this story. Except maybe Jason and Sonny for whom it's a way of life.

• Love 9

Why is there an officer outside of Dante’s room? Is he a suspect? A criminal? Precaution in case Alexis tries to come back  and finish the job??🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

And why is Sam trying to force herself on him as if they’ve always had this long standing friendship?🤬😒😒😒😒 “My friend” MY ASS.🤬🤬🤬🤬

Is it just me or is the way Heinrik said “‘Till death do us part” sound sinister? As if should Maxie find out about him after they’re married, he won’t let her divorce him?

I’m also an Elizabeth fan, but please, shut up. Anna isn’t responsible for Heinrik getting into Franco’s medical records and splashing it on his trashy tabloid. Her fanatical and desperate defense of him is making me miss the days when she was obsessed with Jaysus and defended HIS murdering ass.

But Anna did come off as disingenuous in those scenes. Or maybe she’s getting her brain back and thoughts are putting the pieces together? Here’s hoping these memories do come to life and Heinrik is exposed. Hey, let me hope until they get dashed!!!😆😆

And Obrecht is NO HERO. She can STFU with her whining about how she lost her darling Nathan. I still haven’t forgotten what she did to Robin; how that syringe meant to kill her went into Robert instead, putting him in a coma. She can miss me with her “wanting ‘justice’”.

The way they’re writing Alexis, I expect her to actually attempt suicide next. But I was thrilled when Martin told her to get over herself. Not that it did any good.

Shut up, Cyrus. Gordon wasn’t Laura’s father. Rick was! Gordon was just a sperm donor, and a rat bastard who told Lesley that Laura died at birth. I wish Laura had told him that.

But I’m loving the growing friendship and relationship between Laura and Martin.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is it just me or is the way Heinrik said “‘Till death do us part” sound sinister?

The way he was salilvating over those rings made me think that he's got a tracker in hers, so he knows where she is at all times.  Me thinks Petey is starting to lose it.  

9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Shut up, Cyrus. Gordon wasn’t Laura’s father.

Right?  I know I''m a drug dealing murderer who put your precious daughter into an iriversible coma but here's a picture of  me as a kid when I was all innocent and shit. With our dad, who wasn't really your dad, and who's accidental death I caused.  Doesn't that make you all warm and fuzzy and want to be my sister and stuff.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:
15 hours ago, Sheggy50G said:

his Dante/Sam thing is just no.

Same here.  She's had affairs with his father, his uncle, and his former brother-in-law.

ya just yuck. Although Sam did seem to come back to life when she was flirting with him.  Maybe KM has been sleepwalking the last few months on purpose so she would spark enthusiasm about Samte  but ...no just no, yuck

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I’m loving the growing friendship and relationship between Laura and Martin.

It's a bright spot, mostly because Genie and MEK are true professionals and are effortlessly leaning into the newfound sibling connection.

I did think it was funny how Elizabeth immediately knew Franco was lying when he said he hadn't seen Obrecht.  Those two really do have good chemistry and it will never not annoy me that the writers made Howarth Franco when they could've literally made him ANY OTHER CHARACTER and it would work a million times better.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Elizabeth immediately knew Franco was lying when he said he hadn't seen Obrecht. 

Which begs the question of why super spy Anna didn't catch on (and I'm a huge Anna fan).  She already suspected that Liesl was out and probably on her way to PC if not already here.  And Franco was super shifty.....NOOOOOOOOOO I haven't seen or heard from Liesl, nope, no, no, niet, noway hosay, dont' know what you're talking about, la, la, la, la.....

• LOL 6
15 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Not only does this possible Sam/Dante pairing have NO chemistry, it's also just plain weird. I mean, Sam and Dante have like a gazillion siblings/relatives between them (Kristina, Molly, Michael, and Leo all come to mind immediately). I've always viewed them as quasi-relatives themselves in light of that.  But hey, soaps gon' soap lol.

Worse than that, they never interacted before now and now they are interacting like fools. Every time she "aww shucks" at Dante I just want to throw up. Good grief. I mean this feels so awkward.

I just don't get it. Why in the world would they put Sam with Dante? Are they that committed to KeMo the mumbler or do they just hate Dom that much?

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

ya just yuck. Although Sam did seem to come back to life when she was flirting with him.  Maybe KM has been sleepwalking the last few months on purpose so she would spark enthusiasm about Samte  but ...no just no, yuck

I still think they have a chemistry problem but she does smile and laugh around him so I think they are supposed to be flirting. Though if they want to go that route, they’ll have to change up their dialogue. Their scenes so far have been discussing their fathers’ deaths and his attempted murder/her mom’s alcoholism. The laughing and joking around during these convos has been extremely odd. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Which begs the question of why super spy Anna didn't catch on (and I'm a huge Anna fan). 

The whole point of that was because Elizabeth is Franco's WIFE and she knows him so well. That is why Elizabeth knew he was lying.

• Love 4

Isn't Franco delaying getting treatment for his tumor because Liesl is trying to treat him for the voices that he is hearing. Rather than getting medical treatment after he was told the voices aren't really from the tumor as per Dr Kirk, he is waiting around until Liesl figures out the voice situation (how does Peter fit in with Drew's memories).

Franco just doesn't see that even his good friend Liesl will put his health in jeopardy so that she could get her revenge..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sheggy50G said:

Worse than that, they never interacted before now and now they are interacting like fools. Every time she "aww shucks" at Dante I just want to throw up. Good grief. I mean this feels so awkward.

Dante and Sam were a couple back in that one off episode they did about Sonny not executing Scully's order to murder some lackey, and becoming a cop, and Dante was the #1 mobster who still got shot in the chest by Sonny.

I think that the idea probably came from that. 

Soaps are gonna soap. I'm not sure how this works with Lulu in her coma and Sam still hung up on Jason.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dante and Sam were a couple back in that one off episode they did about Sonny not executing Scully's order to murder some lackey, and becoming a cop, and Dante was the #1 mobster who still got shot in the chest by Sonny.

I think that the idea probably came from that. 

I'm sorry, whuuuut????

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Sheggy50G said:

I just don't get it. Why in the world would they put Sam with Dante? Are they that committed to KeMo the mumbler or do they just hate Dom that much?

Remember that dream episode where Sonny was a good guy? A retired cop IIRC and Dante was a gangster? Sam was paired w/him in that episode, and I remember ppl saying they had chemistry and looked good together. Maybe not on this board (haha), but on a few others. That could be why they decided to pair these two or at least chemistry test them w/their own personalities. Sam was much more flirty than usual. I don't really have a comment on them as a couple. I am happy that KeMo has been let out of isolation. Ending her pairing w/Steve has really opened up the world for her. She's interacted w/so more characters in the last month or so than she has in years. That must be nice. 

I don't think Liz was angry w/Anna. She's angry w/Peter, and IMO, she has every right to be. Peter literally put a target on Franco's back. He illegally accessed Franco's medical records and illegally posted them in his newspaper. Anna was acting like Peter had no responsibility in what happened when he absolutely did! Anna is a straight fool when it comes to Peter. She basically hand waves everything he does and puts her head in the sand. It's a shame they've made her such a fool for him. Plus, if Peter bore no responsibility, why did she apologize to Dante for Peter's role in what happened? Anna makes me sick lately! I honestly think Liz only approached her to tell her Friz wouldn't be coming to her double wedding. I'm glad she did! 

I also liked how Liz was able to tell Franco was lying about not seeing Obrecht! LOL! She' knows him very well! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

why did she apologize to Dante for Peter's role in what happened?

Because she felt guilty once Liz called her out.  

On today's episode:

Jackie's trying to get info from Jason.  Did no one tell her what he's like to deal with?

Cyrus keeps running around town, blackmailing eveyrone to find out where his mother is.  Isn't he supposed to be a genius guy?  The Corinthi certainly have only a number of safe houses.  Surely you can figure out which one has a bunch of nurses going in and out of it.

Dante and Maxie had more chemistry in their small scene then Maxie/Peter or Dante/Sam have had in months.  

Here's hoping that Maxie is finally getting a clue,, after the conversation with Dante.  Also Peter, isn't Maxie going to get suspicious even more if you up and fire Dante for no reason.  

Famous last word:  Carly to Jason:  I told Nina everything.  It's all taken care of.  

Not a fan of nuJordan but I did like the Jordan/Laura scenes and them workign together to bring down Cyrus.

Nice to see Alexis at a meeting, but where is Finn.  Isn't he her sponsor.  

• Love 4

This show is horrible at telling-not-showing and force-feeding relationships. Valentin visited Nathan's grave (wut?) and says that he is taking care of the family he [Nathan] left behind, but not only did Nathan hate Valentin and always urged Nina to leave him, Nathan probably wouldn't be pleased with the whole hiring-a-fake-daughter for Nina business. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

This show is horrible at telling-not-showing and force-feeding relationships. Valentin visited Nathan's grave (wut?) and says that he is taking care of the family he [Nathan] left behind, but not only did Nathan hate Valentin and always urged Nina to leave him, Nathan probably wouldn't be pleased with the whole hiring-a-fake-daughter for Nina business. 

They really are bad. First, they tried to act like Olivia and Alexis have a friendship. Ummm . . . where? I have never seen them interact! Olivia's concern for Alexis seemed OTT and crazy. I thought, "Since when does she care this much about Alexis," but supposedly they are friends. OK 🙄

Then, they tried to act like Sam and Dante are so close. I have NEVER seen Sam have a conversation w/Dante until recently, and now Valentin cared about Nathan?!?! Huh?!!? Since when? Granted, I don't pay much attn to Valentin, but I swear I've never heard him speak about Nathan until today.  I muted that mess! 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Poor Dante. He keeps waking up to women sitting on his bed, heh.

Since when have Carly and Laura been friends? They've been friendly, as best. Argh with the forced closeness here. It's like with Olivia and Alexis.

10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Cyrus keeps running around town, blackmailing eveyrone to find out where his mother is.  Isn't he supposed to be a genius guy?  The Corinthi certainly have only a number of safe houses.  Surely you can figure out which one has a bunch of nurses going in and out of it.

Cyrus knows Jason has his mother. Why isn't he threatening people connected to Jason? It's so stupid. And really, wanting Jordan to help? The PCPD is famous for its ineptness. Play hardball with someone who actually matters. Good grief.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

They really are bad. First, they tried to act like Olivia and Alexis have a friendship. Ummm . . . where? I have never seen them interact! Then, they tried to act like Sam and Dante are so close. I have NEVER seen Sam have a conversation w/Dante until recently, and now Valentin cared about Nathan?!?! Huh?!!? Since when? Granted, I don't pay much attn to Valentin, but I swear I've never heard him speak about Nathan until today.  

If anyone has been trying to "take care of the family Nathan left behind" it's Dante, and Dante was missing in action and being programmed for a year!

Re: Sam/Dante: EXACTLY. This show is also horrible at telegraphing their next romance because they think having two characters that have never meaningfully interacted before now even though they have multiple relatives in common suddenly acting like they are long-time friends.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm sure Nathan is thrilled that Peter is taking care of his son and wife as well. 

I liked what Dante told Maxie, though. That perhaps her feelings for Peter have to do with him being Nathan's brother. It was enough to make Maxie question herself, even if it's just a little bit and she forges on with the wedding, and for Peter to fire Dante. Because Dante probably hit a massive sore spot for Peter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin visited Nathan's grave (wut?) and says that he is taking care of the family he [Nathan] left behind,

I didn’t even remember the connection between Valentin and Nathan (if you can call it that)since it was Michelle Stanford playing Nina back then.  Thanks for the reminder!

God first Anna horning in on Franco with all her stupid questions and then today Jackie being a busy body about Martin’s mom.  Like, neither of these things are any of their business, I wish someone had said that.

• Love 2

WHY is Laura begging Carly to be nice to Martin????  Carly KIDNAPPED Florence. No matter who she is, that's illegal and the show acting like it's okay to do illegal things because it supports Our Side is the wrong tone. Also does none of these brain boxes realize that they can say "Florence is safe now but if you start a war she won't be"? These are all horrible people. And Jason is a poor leader if the only way he can fend Cyrus off is by holding his sick mother hostage.

It's a disappointment what the show has done to Cyrus, who had the potential to be a real anti-hero, in order to keep Carly, Jason and Sonny on top.

Laura, Monica and Bobbie have not been "keeping the standards high" at GH. Did you forget that they forged Nelle's signature and then destroyed the evidence? They're protecting the horrible people. Even Laura's meeting with Jordan was disappointing because the best idea they had was to turn Brando (already Sonny's spy) and Britt (also already anti-Cyrus)? What about old fashioned detective work to find out what Cyrus wants the hospital for?

Why does no one use "begs the question" the right way?   (Probably because it's more fun to use it this way.)

52 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Jackie's trying to get info from Jason.  Did no one tell her what he's like to deal with?

It was hilarious that he said not one word to her until he was leaving, and then he said "No comment."

11 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

God first Anna horning in on Franco with all her stupid questions and then today Jackie being a busy body about Martin’s mom.  Like, neither of these things are any of their business, I wish someone had said that.

Martin asked Jackie as a reporter to have a look at his mother's kidnapping, hoping that the attention will force Jason to release her. Anna is desperate to absolve Peter of any wrongdoing so her morals have left the building.

31 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nice to see Alexis at a meeting, but where is Finn.  Isn't he her sponsor.  

I thought that they were just AA friends.  Didn't Alexis go into the program first?

Sometimes I can't forgive a fictional character I liked for something they do. The worst was when Robin came back and told Drew to suck it up, he's not Jason. and move on. The amount of cruelty in that, not to mention bad medicine, lost her my sympathy so I don't care what Obrecht did to her. I loved the young Robin but the Sonny-loving, Jason-prop I have no time for.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

WHY is Laura begging Carly to be nice to Martin????

Remember when Laura warned Ava not to pull any shit during Operation Fake Date Kevin to Flush Ryan Out b/c "you don't want to be on my bad side"? I believed her and so did Ava. I don't know why she can't show that steel with Carly.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Remember when Laura warned Ava not to pull any shit during Operation Fake Date Kevin to Flush Ryan Out b/c "you don't want to be on my bad side"? I believed her and so did Ava. I don't know why she can't show that steel with Carly.

Because Carly has just lost her husband, so she is a delicate little flower. Never mind that she sneers at anyone who comes near her who isn't Jason or Jax. How fucking self-involved is she, that she thinks that Nina is all aboard the Nelle manipulated me train, therefore I don't care that my daughter died. I hope Nina gouges her eyes out and uses them in a pinball machine. 

Watching Portia with Trina today reminded me that not only is Carly a shitty person all around, but when you put her up against Portia, since Trina and Joss are BFFs, she looks even shittier as a mom than ever. 

I don't think the show understands or realizes just how hateful Carly consistently comes off as. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when have Carly and Laura been friends?

Well, Laura was married to Uncle Luke and is Lulu's mother, though Carly has forgotten Lulu, so .....yeah.  Oh wait, I just remembered, Laura's son in law Dante is Carly's step son Dante.  Is that close enough?!!

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when have Carly and Laura been friends?

Never! They barely tolerated each other when SheBeast first rolled into town; were always at odds when Mooby gave her Deception and he told Laura to suck it up.

That harridan doesn’t consider herself a Spencer except when the plot demands it. It’s offensive and infuriating.🤬🤬🤬🤬

I see someone slipped Laura the STOOPID pills. Jordan already is STOOPID. No, no. Monica and Bobbie are no longer the “standard” of the hospital. They betrayed who they were when they became COMPLICIT in forging Nelle’s signature so Wiley could have the surgery!!!!!!

And the convoluted road both Laura and Jordan used to “figure out” who Cyrus was grooming for his second right hand was pathetic. And so flimsy. God. Where is MAC? 

And when did Monica become an alcoholic??? Did it take place when I was on the barge??

As much as I loathe Jaysus, I hate him even more now, since he never had his head up SHEBEAST’s ass as he does now.🤢🤢🤢🤢

I see Dante’s guard has disappeared. Or did the idiots realize it made no sense for him to have one?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And when did Monica become an alcoholic??? Did it take place when I was on the barge??

I can't remember why she started drinking but it may have been after Alan died. I think it was revealed that Monica had a serious problem when she drove drunk and hit Sam with her car.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I can't remember why she started drinking but it may have been after Alan died. I think it was revealed that Monica had a serious problem when she drove drunk and hit Sam with her car.

I think she started when Emily was murdered.

52 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It was when Emily died. 
She hated Jason and wanted nothing to do with him because she blamed him (rightly) for all the death in her family. Then she got into an accident and Jason covered it up so she got all "your my son again." on him. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when have Carly and Laura been friends? They've been friendly, as best.

To be fair, wouldn't everyone want to be friends with such a charming, giving person as Carly?  :crickets:

Gotta love how when ~close friend Laura was imploring Carly to get Jason to let Florence go, ~close friend Carly was all-too-willing to let Jason be the bad guy and let Laura continue to think he was the one who swiped the old lady.  If she's so sure she's justified, why the subterfuge? 

On the plus side, we've now had a couple days of no Mike-who-has-a-lot-of-good-ideas-and-is-a-hard-worker scenes.  Thank god for small favors.

• Love 11

Rooms at GH are so often a revolving door of unexpected or unwanted visitors, so I guess Sam visiting Dante could be hand-waved, except for the flirting. The test pairing just seems so...instant...forced?  I figured a new storyline for Sam was coming given KeMo’s out of the Corinthos orbit and probably has high minimums that can’t be met with just Drunk!Alexis. But still, ugh. Maybe get back to the PI thing?

Can’t believe I hadn’t noticed this before, but the extra playing the hostess at the MC restaurant (whom I believe is consistently played by the same actress) gets a LOT of screen time. 

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Love 4

I really wish that the writers would take this amnesia story in a direction of turning Sonny into a completely different person. They did that with Jason and this is the perfect opportunity to rebuild Sonny’s character. Leave that lifestyle and leave Carly and Jason. That could flip GH entirely. I’m tired of the same Sonny story over and over. He has so much more to offer than the mafia story. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 2/3/2021 at 8:46 AM, perkie1968 said:
On 2/2/2021 at 11:13 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Shut up, Cyrus. Gordon wasn’t Laura’s father.

Right?  I know I''m a drug dealing murderer who put your precious daughter into an iriversible coma but here's a picture of  me as a kid when I was all innocent and shit. With our dad, who wasn't really your dad, and who's accidental death I caused.  Doesn't that make you all warm and fuzzy and want to be my sister and stuff.  

Cyrus is really starting to bore the crap out of me. Even the freaking Balkan was more entertaining as far as Sonny's enemies go.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

so I guess Sam visiting Dante could be hand-waved, except for the flirting. The test pairing just seems so...instant...forced?

None of the couples being foreshadowed hold any promise. Sam/Dante? Robert/Olivia? Jason/Britt? Brando/Sasha? Ugh. No....just....no. Kills any kind of forward momentum this show has going for it.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Scotty offering his condolences to Carly and Jason:  "Sorry for your loss.  You know what they say.....Sonny lived by the sword so he died in a river in New Jersey"

Man, I laughed so hard at that.  

ohh my gooddness. that's awesome 
bravo Scotty. 

• Love 3

Excellent scene at Nathan's gravesite between Maxie, Nina and Britt.  All kinds of awesome.  And finally, Nina wakes up and realizes she's got a grandson.  Watch out Carly, you're all worried about Nelle falling off the cliff, but Nina's going to be coming after Wyile.  

Also loved the Anna/Valentin exposition scene.  

All of the Gregory/Chase./Finn stuff was nonsense.  there are so many anvils falling that I'm getting a headache.  "You're so fiesty, you don't get that from me, who could you get it from" as Finn looks on with a guilty look.  Uh, maybe he got it from his mother, the infamous Jackie freakin' Templeton.  Or it's part of his own special personality and not a trait that he got from either of his parents.  Good lord.  Though I do appreciate that Finn is finally getting off the pot with taking the water bottle that Chase threw out.  

• Love 13
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Earlier on, Martin asked Jackie to look into his mother's kidnapping, so Jackie had a reason to be a busybody.

Yeah I can understand that, but then he did tell her to drop it so....she should drop it.  Especially with her own house in disorder, she really shouldn’t keep prying into others.  As far as Anna, well, she’s hopeless.  I enjoy her relationship with Finn, but anything Heinrich related is just an insult to the character.

“Live by the sword, die in New Jersey”—Ha!  Never change Scotty.

I like the recast for Jordan.  She’s a bit young looking but at least she has emotions and a personality.  I would be fine with her being a permanent replacement.

• Love 5

Whoever wrote Scotty's lines about Sonny's death, Jason's thug life and sweaters? More of that please and thank you!

The scenes between Maxie, Britt and Nina at Nathan's gravesite were good. I was honestly expecting more from Nina over Nelle's death, but she doesn't seem to care all that much, so I guess all her attention will be redirected toward Wylie and like his father, the spawn is going to swallow the show and that will suck so hard.

I don't mind the Sam/Dante scenes, but they're hitting this really hard with Sam hanging out around near Dante's hospital room. I wouldn't mind seeing them work together in some capacity to solve this Peter BS. 

Anna: That means that Peter knew Drew for years. Why wouldn't say anything?

Because Peter is a fucking liar and a fraud, Anna, that's why he didn't say anything. I get that your IQ level drops dozens of points all at once where Peter is concerned, but give me a break with this dumbass question. Why would Peter say anything when Anna thinks the sun shines out of his ass?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Because Peter is a fucking liar and a fraud, Anna, that's why he didn't say anything. I get that your IQ level drops dozens of points all at once where Peter is concerned, but give me a break with this dumbass question.

I'm hoping that wasn't just a reotorical question but the beginning of Anna realizing the truth about Peter and some comeuppance for him.  Not that I expect too much fallout since Wes isn't going anywhere while he's dating LW.  

• Love 8

I can understand that Anna didn't want to tell Peter that Alex is his mother because he seemed to be grasping on to Anna being his mother as a reason to stay good. But now he's got Maxie and three vulnerable children (including Georgie) so maybe it's time to look at what he's still doing now instead all the guilt. Peter makes Anna very stupid.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

Ya'll the show isn't even trying with this Sam/Dante stuff.

They're doing everything plotty that they can think of but there's no chemistry at all.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

"You're so fiesty, you don't get that from me, who could you get it from" as Finn looks on with a guilty look.  Uh, maybe he got it from his mother, the infamous Jackie freakin' Templeton.  Or it's part of his own special personality and not a trait that he got from either of his parents.  Good lord. 

Are they trying to tell me that Chase got his fiesty-ness and love of socializing from Finn?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
Just now, statsgirl said:

They're doing everything plotty that they can think of but there's no chemistry at all.

I know it's subjective and all, but it just appears to me like KM likes to work with someone else other than Steve.  That's it.  JaSam was not good and yes a large part of it was writing, but another part of that was her unwillingness to engage most of the time.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's been a few scenes in a row of them talking about things other than the relatives they have in common, so, progress?

But when you take into account the things Sam/Dante really shouldn't be talking about because it brings all the elephants in the room to the surface (Leo, Kristina, Sonny, Jason, Lulu, etc.) there isn't much else for them to talk about. They are quasi-relatives themselves but they've never interacted before this so it all comes across as so very forced. Dante/Maxie would be as forced and as plot-pointy for when Lulu wakes up but at least that would make sense and they have the built-in Nathan/Peter conflict.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7

Dante/Maxie also have the benefit of being in the same social circle as well as Dante promising to take care of his old partner's wife and child so it would make some sense for Maxie to lean on Dante when things fall apart with Peter. All Dante and Sam have is family connections and the squickiness of Sam being another one of Dante's father's baby mamas.

21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Or he got it from Finn's own mother.

If they are trying to set up that Finn is Chase's father, Gregory should have added "I don't know where [Chase] gets it from. Reminds me of your mother."

Chase seems to be nothing like Finn. Right now, the relative that Chase most resembles is Gregory himself.

• Love 6

Re: Finn taking the water bottle that Chase threw out. Back when Ava was pregnant with Avery and there was a WTD with Sonny/Morgan they DNA tested Carly because she would have been genetically related to Morgan but not Sonny. Since we have the same father/son parentage story happening here, wouldn't they need genetic material from Finn's dead bio-mother? Testing Chase's DNA by itself won't give them an answer, I wouldn't think. (Just to be sure I've got the story right: Chase and Finn are half-brothers. Gregory is dad to both and Jackie is Chase's bio-mom/Finn's stepmom. Right?)

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Dante/Maxie also have the benefit of being in the same social circle as well as Dante promising to take care of his old partner's wife and child so it would make some sense for Maxie to lean on Dante when things fall apart with Peter. All Dante and Sam have is family connections and the squickiness of Sam being another one of Dante's father's baby mamas.

Sam also has slept with Dante's uncle Ric.

Yes, they would have to compare Finn's DNA to Chase's.

If Gregory is Chase's father, then he would have none of the DNA that Finn inherited from his mother.

ETA: Or they could compare Chase to Gregory. If Chase is Gregory's son, he shares 50% of his genes with Gregory. If he's Finn's son, only 25% will be Gregory's.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1