Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E07: I Was Born at Night, But Not Last Night

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I……. enjoyed remembering how hot [Chris] was

Right! When they first started showing the flashback I was like why are they reminding us of that travesty but then I was like he fine as hell though so carry on lol.

My fave part of the ep was the shot of Dean and Karishma cuddling. Really messed with Rob's 'people who are cuddling at night are tightly aligned' thoughts lol. Plus, it was just hilarious and now I wish those two would form a secret alliance.

I really wanna like some of these people but for some reason I just don't. There's a ton of women this season that are making some nice moves and I feel like 95% sure a woman is going to win but for some reason none of them are really interesting me that much. And just when I start to like them they usually end up annoying me right away and I'm back to not caring. It's making for frustrating viewing.

I loled at Tommy crying when Lauren was talking to him about what they needed to do to stay safe. A lot of emotional people this season apparently. Anyway, I thought Lauren and Tommy going on a "Dan sucks!" tour was stupid and I wasn't surprised at all the Missy saw right through it. I mean, it was painfully obvious what they were doing. They needed to be much subtler for that to work.

I was surprised Jack was on the jury. I feel like they haven't been doing it where the jury starts before merge lately.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And I don't agree with Janet 1 iota.  Women don't need a man's permission or approval or "support" to be powerful.  Hahahahhahaa!  Fuck that!  The more women realize that, the more powerful they will become.  Oh, Janet.  Her comments were absolutely in the opposite of the spirit of what #MeToo intends, I think.

I don't think that's what Janet said.  She said that in order for women to be strong, they need support from everybody, both men and women.  Then she talked about seeing people as individuals.  I'm paraphrasing, of course, but she definitely never said that women need permission or approval from men in order to be powerful.  Also, while the #MeToo movement was mentioned last night, I don't think that's specifically what Janet was discussing. #MeToo is about sexual harassment and has nothing much to do with what went down last night.  I think it was just mentioned at TC as an example of how women's issues are being discussed more openly now.  

9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I agree about Jack being on the jury, before he's had a chance to meet everyone.  

I'm confused.  He made the jury but he didn't make the merge so...is he dateable?

3 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Oh, you want to get into #metoo, Survivor -- let's talk Sue Hawk on All Stars?

Ugh.  Still bothers me SO MUCH that there were no repercussions to that.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

While Jamal irritates me, and his dismissing Kellee from fire building and his condescending virtue signalling and calling the grown women in his tribe "girl" was kind of sexist, I don't think his concerns about a women's alliance were sexist at all.

In Survivor, people are always looking for any sort of reasonable or arbitrary reason to pull people together into an alliance.  Original tribe members is the most common one.  But, any sort of commonality can be used, and gender is as good as any.  If women, especially ones in the minority alliance or at the bottom of the majority alliance, can put together an alliance based upon gender, that makes sense for them, that is smart Survivor play.  It is not sexist to suspect women of being smart.  

I think Kellee's point was that it only gets coined as a thing when women (are perceived to) do it whereas when the men form an alliance which happens much more frequently, nobody makes a big deal out of it. The fragile male ego is still traumatized from that evil Parvati's coven of witches 😉 When guys stick together it's the most natural thing in the world because they have to be each other's shield against those weak women who would target them otherwise (I'm being facetious). Also, just because there happen to be more women than men in the game at any point in time doesn't automatically mean they are all alligned or will allign because they are women. Players don't assume that about the men but always do when women have a majority.

If Kellee had put the target on Jamal instead of Jack, Jamal might have finally dethroned Eric for dumbest move in Survivor history. That was a HUGE unnecessary risk to play an idol for someone else when a TC is that unpredictable. You know everyone is voting for Dean and Dean just played an idol so you play your idol for the decoy vote? Wtf…?? When you know people don’t like you and your name has been floated?? Even if Noura had been the vote and gotten saved by his idol, then what…Everyone is scrambling and whispering in each other’s ears…anything can happen in a revote…I’d rather play the idol for me and be safe than sorry.

I think Kellee picked Jack over Jamal because although Jamal is a threat and she doesn’t like him, the only person who does like him is Jack so that makes him less threatening. She knows he’s not easy to work with whereas Jack is a likeable guy who can easily form new alliances. Jack is also someone people could easily forget about until it’s too late to get rid of him whereas Jamal is such a presence that he’s always on everyone’s mind as a potential vote for that tribal so he’s a good shield going into the merge. The only downside is she probably won’t get his vote if she makes it to final tribal council because of their conversation regarding not betraying him until after the merge.

I don’t know if the risk of this big move was worth it but the thought of that brilliant hairidol going to waste bummed me out so I’m glad she was able to play it successfully. You could say she took a…calculated risk.

Jeff/production airing Karishma’s smug vote reading was kinda amusing but left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth like they’re continuing to pick on her every time they can.

Dan is just disgusting. #metoo indeed. I know there’s a no violence policy so isn’t there some sort of policy for this? Everyone’s laughing it off but people are in a situation where they know making a big deal could have bad consequences for them so they might think they don’t have another choice but to laugh it off (see how afraid Kellee was to bring it up).

Karishma could get dragged along or she could be the easy first merge boot as everybody gets settled and feels each other out. If nobody can trust you, nobody can work with you. And if they drag her along, that’s one less spot for one of them. It could also be a concession from the women to alleviate the men’s fear.

Edited by CloudySky
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don't think that's what Janet said.  She said that in order for women to be strong, they need support from everybody, both men and women. 

I agree.  I kept waiting for her to articulate it more precisely.  I think she meant that men can actively support women's rights, they can be feminists, too.

Of course if she used that terminology, America's head would explode*. 😂

*But probably Jamal would congratulate himself on already being the best feminist.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Very smart vote -- get rid of the socially adept guy that everyone likes.  If Jack were to make it to the final, he would have a good chance of winning.

Great play by Kellee in every respect. If asked, she can say she voted for Dean and be telling the absolute truth.  The only problem I can see is if Dean rats her out and says she gave him the idol.  I'm not sure if she should trust Dean in the future.

Kellee's expression when the final vote was read was priceless.  What an actress!  She needs to win this.

• Love 21

Is is just my imagination, or has Probst not been saying all his catchphrases this season?

At the IC, I don't think he did his spiel about Lairo seeing the new Vokai tribe for the first time, with Jason voted out, blah, blah blah.

Did he even say, "Immunity is back up for grabs."?  

I am fine with these changes, as him religiously using the same phrases every episode was kind of tiresome.  But, if feels kind of odd.  

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Dominii said:

Very smart vote -- get rid of the socially adept guy that everyone likes.  If Jack were to make it to the final, he would have a good chance of winning.

Great play by Kellee in every respect. If asked, she can say she voted for Dean and be telling the absolute truth.  The only problem I can see is if Dean rats her out and says she gave him the idol.  I'm not sure if she should trust Dean in the future.

Kellee's expression when the final vote was read was priceless.  What an actress!  She needs to win this.

I am on the fence about whether the move was good for Kellee long term, but I am glad she was able to pull it off.  Removing a pretty big threat was good for everyone.  But, I'm not sure who she is going to work with.  I wouldn't mind seeing her win, at all.   

She did a great job of acting shocked, but I think at one point after that she had a cat that ate the canary grin on her face.  I hope nobody noticed.  

11 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

At the IC, I don't think he did his spiel about Lairo seeing the new Vokai tribe for the first time, with Jason voted out, blah, blah blah.

I imagine he probably said it at the Reward Challenge that was edited out.  (I'm assuming there was one that we just didn't see. Probably to make time for the almost 30 min TC.)

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I imagine he probably said it at the Reward Challenge that was edited out.  (I'm assuming there was one that we just didn't see. Probably to make time for the almost 30 min TC.)

I very well could have been edited out, but whether it is Probst or the editors, they have made some style changes.   I think I like the change, but I am a bit torn, because it sort of doesn't seem like Survivor without all of Probst's rote, dopey catchphrases.  :)

15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dean.  Goddammit, when he smiles he looks like someone famous and I can't place it.  I'm starting to turn the corner into thinking he is hot now.

I……. enjoyed remembering how hot he was

Awwwwww.  I just saw Jack's enthusiasm for being on the jury.

WTF?  I'm in Canada and I didn't see anything about Rudy 😞

I'm in Canada too, and it was shown right at the end. There was a picture of Rudy with some lovely words that I can't recall 😞

• Love 1

This is shaping up to be one of those seasons where the tribe that goes into a shuffle or the merge with the majority falls to their own hubris. If Old Vokai doesn't stop thinking they've already got it in the bag, we're going to be looking at an F3 of Karishma, Dean, and Aaron.

The whole "women's alliance" conversation was stupid. Noura proposed a women's alliance, Karishma was IN a women's alliance on old Lairo (or at least she thought she was), there have been attempts at women's alliances all the way back to season 1 when Stacey Stillman tried to form one with Sue and Kelly, who agreed to it, only for Sue to turn around and give a confessional saying, "the chicks think I'm doing one thing and I'm not. I got my alliance. I like mine." It's not stupid or sexist to consider the possibility that women might be forming an alliance because they have the numbers. It is stupid and sexist to assume that one actually exists because they have the numbers, but that's not what Jamal did; it's what JT did in HvV, with an assist by Rupert. And of course, a woman's alliance is arbitrary; all alliances are arbitrary; it can come down to nothing more than who you were sitting on the beach with on the first night, as Edna in South Pacific can attest.

Tommy being super useful during the IC by repeatedly doing Hulk arms and screaming, "LET'S GO!" was a treat.

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It was a quick moment at the end of the show where they flashed his photo with his birth and death dates and something like, "Survivor Icon and American Hero." It choked me up a bit even though I'd already read about his death here.

5 hours ago, Ashforth said:

The sets look like... sets, not like the action is taking place in the alleged location of the contest.

A couple of seasons ago, the locale started to look a little bit fake to me, but I think it's more to do with the show being in high def and me now having a high def TV. The colors are super bright now, and the blues and greens are so vivid it doesn't look quite real. On the flip side, you can see how beat up and dirty the players are. Even Rob and Sandra, who have it easier than the players this season, look pretty rough to me as if they haven't taken a good shower in a long while.

1 hour ago, CloudySky said:

Dan is just disgusting. #metoo indeed. I know there’s a no violence policy so isn’t there some sort of policy for this? Everyone’s laughing it off but people are in a situation where they know making a big deal could have bad consequences for them so they might think they don’t have another choice but to laugh it off (see how afraid Kellee was to bring it up).

The show really needs to address this. Dan is grabbing women's breasts and throwing his leg over them and therefore putting his crotch right up against them. Just as no one has to say, "please don't punch me in the face" before the show prohibits it, no one should have to say, "please don't sexually batter me," for it to earn the offender a quick exit.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Evenshorter said:

I'm in Canada too, and it was shown right at the end. There was a picture of Rudy with some lovely words that I can't recall 😞

It showed his name and birth/death dates, and then switched to "Survivor Icon. American Hero."

Why was Sandra wearing ace bandages on her wrists?  Carpal tunnel?

11 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I hate it when the jury starts before the merge. 

When was the last season Jury selection started before the Merge?

At least allow everyone the opportunity to know each other before you create the jury.I

THAT notion took a Doc Marten to the base of its skull last season, when Extinction Island raised the very real possibility of a pre-Swap evictee making it to Jury without ever even meeting half the players.  :[ 

2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don't think that's what Janet said.  She said that in order for women to be strong, they need support from everybody, both men and women. 

I’m... not sure that I agree with this, but I’m also not sure I’m clear on exactly what is being expressed here.  If the “support phase” being discussed here is during their youth/formative years, then I agree wholeheartedly; if in adulthood, not so much.  A female can certainly avail herself of whatever support is offered in any case, but a female who has been raised to be a strong woman doesn’t need it - she can get it done on her own.

• Love 2

I’m going to have to disagree with that. You can be the strongest woman on the planet, that doesn’t change the fact that we live in a very patriarchal society. Women need male allies. Women need female allies. We all need each other. I think that is what Janet was saying.

• Love 14

So Janet goes to Idol Island and makes the correct choice, and her reward is . . . nothing? WTF. That was an obvious no-brainer but making the right choice means getting no advantage. Whereas everyone else who's been there has gotten the chance to get something out of it.

And for the love of Pete, please stop pretending everyone doesn't already know about Rob and Sandra!!! These people have nothing to do all day but lay around, seven people have been to that "island" by now, and you expect me to believe nobody has blabbed about Rob and Sandra? Really? Why? Once their advantage has been used, what good does it do them to keep quiet about it? Honestly, now that Elaine - for example - has used her advantage, what purpose does it serve her to keep the secret about Rob and Sandra? She has already painted as much of a target on her back as she can. In no way would it hurt her to tell everyone where and how she got that advantage. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I’m going to have to disagree with that. You can be the strongest woman on the planet, that doesn’t change the fact that we live in a very patriarchal society. Women need male allies. Women need female allies. We all need each other. I think that is what Janet was saying.

We also would like to have equal rights even if we are not "strong women" -- whatever that means to whomever.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So Janet goes to Idol Island and makes the correct choice, and her reward is . . . nothing? WTF. That was an obvious no-brainer but making the right choice means getting no advantage.

Her advantage was the worst of all those that have been offered. Other people could earn a straight advantage; hers was, "if you lose the challenge, you lose your vote; if you win the challenge, you get immunity, but you also lose your vote." It would only be a good offer if the person were really on the outs and had no allies, but for anyone in an alliance and who's probably safe, it's not worth much.

I can believe that everyone who's been to Idol Island has kept the Rob and Sandra part of it a secret; I just don't get why they would. It's the possibility that they could earn an advantage -- which everyone has copped to -- that puts a target on them. No one is going to vote them out just because they got to talk to Rob and Sandra.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So Janet goes to Idol Island and makes the correct choice, and her reward is . . . nothing? WTF. That was an obvious no-brainer but making the right choice means getting no advantage. Whereas everyone else who's been there has gotten the chance to get something out of it.

And for the love of Pete, please stop pretending everyone doesn't already know about Rob and Sandra!!! These people have nothing to do all day but lay around, seven people have been to that "island" by now, and you expect me to believe nobody has blabbed about Rob and Sandra? Really? Why? Once their advantage has been used, what good does it do them to keep quiet about it? Honestly, now that Elaine - for example - has used her advantage, what purpose does it serve her to keep the secret about Rob and Sandra? She has already painted as much of a target on her back as she can. In no way would it hurt her to tell everyone where and how she got that advantage. 

Her reward was that she didn't lose her vote.  Also, while I strongly agreed with her decision, there wasn't really a right or wrong answer.  

If Janet had been on the chopping block, instead of safe in the majority, the safety without power advantage could have been extremely valuable at last night's TC.   She could have walked off the chopping block and straight to the merge with it.  If Dean had gone to IOTI instead of Janet, it would have made total sense for him to go for the advantage.  

Post merge, I think that advantage become less valuable, since it can only be used up to the Final 7.  But, it could have bought her time to find another advantage, win immunity or shake up the alliances, some time in the future.

Also, if her alliance was down 4-3 and one of her 3 had immunity and the other had an idol, it could save her and her alliance, though that is a longshot scenario.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I’m going to have to disagree with that. You can be the strongest woman on the planet, that doesn’t change the fact that we live in a very patriarchal society. Women need male allies. Women need female allies.

So do men, for that matter; nobody is an island.  The need for allies (of either sex) is not gender-specific.  

Now, to say women have a GREATER need of allies to balance and overcome a long-standing and deeply rooted patriarchal bias...?  That, I think, would be a more accurate representation.  And no, I’m not going to fault Janet for not specifically saying that, because we all know TPTB aren’t going to capture much more than the very simplest of sound bites.  🙂

I think this caught my attention because my wife and I raised both our daughters to be as independent as possible - for neither of them to ever HAVE to depend upon somebody else, be they male and female - and judging by their respective outcomes, I personally think we did a helluva job. 😉 

21 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

We all need each other. I think that is what Janet was saying.

Total agreement here.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:
3 hours ago, CloudySky said:

The show really needs to address this. Dan is grabbing women's breasts and throwing his leg over them and therefore putting his crotch right up against them. Just as no one has to say, "please don't punch me in the face" before the show prohibits it, no one should have to say, "please don't sexually batter me," for it to earn the offender a quick exit.

Is Dan married?  If so, it must be awfully embarrassing to his wife to watch this, especially if they are watching with friends and other family members.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Her advantage was the worst of all those that have been offered. Other people could earn a straight advantage; hers was, "if you lose the challenge, you lose your vote; if you win the challenge, you get immunity, but you also lose your vote." It would only be a good offer if the person were really on the outs and had no allies, but for anyone in an alliance and who's probably safe, it's not worth much.

I can believe that everyone who's been to Idol Island has kept the Rob and Sandra part of it a secret; I just don't get why they would. It's the possibility that they could earn an advantage -- which everyone has copped to -- that puts a target on them. No one is going to vote them out just because they got to talk to Rob and Sandra.

It could be that since the first castaway from each tribe who went to IOTI lied when they returned, the subsequent ones also lied, as to not rat out the others for lying.  

Still, it seems hard to believe that none of these bored people shared the story about Rob and Sandra.  They could tell them about Rob and Sandra without revealing anything about the advantages and challenges   If anything telling them that the "idols" were huge Rob and Sandra heads, as opposed to HII's would reduce the suspicion that they brought home idols or other advantages.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

Is Dan married?  If so, it must be awfully embarrassing to his wife to watch this, especially if they are watching with friends and other family members.

From his CBS profile:

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

Raising two loving, considerate boys, and working hard to keep a marriage fun, loving, and passionate for 20 years.

So, it sounds like he is married. 

5 hours ago, OFDgal said:

I agree with you.  I want to watch the game of Survivor not the contestants "having a moment."  

I feel like Jeff is always trying to revive his talk show.  Somebody else once said that here, so I'm sure I stole it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I feel sick just thinking about this stuff.  I can't believe these women are living like this.   It isn't right, and the show is complicit.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It could be that since the first castaway from each tribe who went to IOTI lied when they returned, the subsequent ones also lied, as to not rat out the others for lying.  

Still, it seems hard to believe that none of these bored people shared the story about Rob and Sandra.  They could tell them about Rob and Sandra without revealing anything about the advantages and challenges   If anything telling them that the "idols" were huge Rob and Sandra heads, as opposed to HII's would reduce the suspicion that they brought home idols or other advantages.  

Only if their tribemates believed them.

Frankly, I’m a little surprised we haven’t seen more in the way of sub-alliances forming among IotI initiates.  They all now have a secret which is in their common interests to keep; other than one short exchange between (I think) Elizabeth and Elaine - with no follow up - we haven’t really seen anything of the sort.  After the Merge, maybe,

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, watch2much said:

did anyone else hear Jamal say to Jack as Jack was leaving "Sorry Jack, I tried"  

I thought I heard that and I wondered if he knew something about the vote going against Jack.

I took it as meaning Jamal tried to use the idol on the right target.  He picked the wrong one.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel sick just thinking about this stuff.  I can't believe these women are living like this.   It isn't right, and the show is complicit.

If Feely Dan can feel free to just throw a leg over the nearest female, I find it hard to believe that the leg recipient wouldn’t have just as much freedom to hammer a heel straight up into his nuts.

ETA: In fact, I’d pay to see that.  😄 

Edited by Nashville
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm confused.  He made the jury but he didn't make the merge so...is he dateable?

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Love this callback!  (I forget who it calls back to, but I remember the "dateable" thing...)

I think Jamal means well, he's just not good at sticking the landing and ends up coming off as condescending. 

If this was, indeed, some deep coordinated strategy from Janet, Jamal, and Kellee to pull Karishima, Noura, and Dean in as alliance stooges, this was exceedingly clever.  If it was just Jamal and Kellee executing independent personal strategies to tie Noura and Dean to them as meat-shields, this was exceedingly clever.  I'm well pleased with this.

On IotI, I wonder what would have happened if Janet looked at Boston Rob and said something about the risk not being worth the reward, and she'd play if it was for an actual immunity idol, not immunity from walking away from TC prior to the vote resulting in being unavailable to be voted out.  I wonder if Boston Rob and/or Sandra would have sweetened the deal like that.  As I understand it, they have the latitude to change things on the fly like that.  I think when Kellee was there, and hemming and hawing about taking their little test, they increased the number of TCs the immunity idol they were offering could be used.  The very same  immunity idol that she used to great advantage last night!

While the situation is not a laughing matter, I do have to say that I snort-laughed when up thread someone (sorry, forgot who) dubbed him "Feely Dan"...

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dean.  Goddammit, when he smiles he looks like someone famous and I can't place it.  I'm starting to turn the corner into thinking he is hot now.

I……. enjoyed remembering how hot he was

Awwwwww.  I just saw Jack's enthusiasm for being on the jury.

He looks like the love child of Prince Charming Josh Dallas and Noah Wylie.  To me anyway.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

How is Dan getting away with this stuff?  Is his defense that he was asleep and didn't realize what he was doing in the stuff we saw last night?  Have the women just put up with it, because they needed his vote?  

Another thing on the girl's women's alliance is that if you are worried about one, it probably means you haven't done a great job solidifying your alliances and relationships with the women in your alliance. 

As I said before, "We're all women, (or men, or football fans, or whatever)" is as good a reason as most to team up.   But, if you already have strong relationships with your current alliance, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to abandon it, for an all women's alliance.  

So, being afraid of one, is sort of like saying that either:

a) I don't think I have good relationships with the women in my alliance

b) We have marginalized the women in our alliance and they know or think they are at the bottoem

C) I think the women in my alliance are stupid and will join a worse alliance, just because it is all female.  

Now, if you are in the minority alliance, it would make a little more sense to think members (male or female) might try to jump ship to a stronger alliance, including possibly an all female one.      

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

How is Dan getting away with this stuff?  Is his defense that he was asleep and didn't realize what he was doing in the stuff we saw last night?  Have the women just put up with it, because they needed his vote?  

Doubtful.  A swift and decisive ballsack blitzkreig might lose the blitzer Dan’s vote, but in return would garner the vote of:

1. Every other female on the tribe.
  2. Every male on the tribe who is disgusted by such antics on the part of Dan.
  3. Repeat #1 and #2 post-merge.

And, last but not least - Ms. Blitz would earn herself a place in Survivor history forevermore. 

(“Oh, I’m SO sorry - but it was simply a calf cramp!  My leg just - spasmed! I mean - you can’t think I’d do that on purpose, can you...?”

😉)

Edited by Nashville
Correcting damn autocorrect
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Special K said:
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

What on earth.... I don't think he's Angelina Keeley delusional but he truly does seem to have a high opinion of himself. 

[....]

As always, everything that comes out of Jamal's mouth is just so irritatingly condescending.

If you pay attention, he relates everything back onto himself and his own awesomeness.  The "metoo movement is now somehow something Jamal takes personal pride in?  Could my eyes roll back any farther?

Everything about Jamal is the living, breathing personification of Smug

• Love 9

I also have a small notion that Kellee might--just might--have a wee crush on her friend's ex-boyfriend, Dean, and that in addition to the built-in "Oh, I sort of know you in the real world" automatic unconscious alliance, as well as the fact this is the last TC Kellee could use the hairidol, brought us to Kellee's moment of insight during her confessional and got Dean out of his tough spot. 

Edited to add:  I don't mind this casting "mistake" so much.  I think canvassing all inhabitants of your social circle and cataloging their social circle to look for intersections is getting a little too intrusive and difficult.  Unlike the whole Big Brother casting issue where on this last season they cast two people who are not only from the same geographic area, but who went to school together, and who had a quasi-familial relationship because one party was a long term girlfriend of the other party's aunt.  That one was pretty egregious!

I don't usually like it when the editors don't give the viewers an insight to the blindside before it happens, but I didn't mind it so much this time.  Mostly because during the TC scene, I idly mused to my viewing companions "They should really vote out Jack, he's been flying under the radar, nobody has ever brought his name up, he hasn't been annoying, he could really cruise to the end and win it all."  Then, *BAM* they vote out Jack.  I looked brilliant.

Edited by HurricaneVal
To add something I forgot.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

While Jamal irritates me, and his dismissing Kellee from fire building

really hope this sequence was foreshadowing the final-four challenge and she beats him again at fire starting. I hope every episode starts with him wasting 2 hours, not being able to do it, not letting anyone else even try, then, huffing and stepping aside for Kellee and she does it in 2 minutes. Then at final four she just crushes him.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

If Feely Dan can feel free to just throw a leg over the nearest female, I find it hard to believe that the leg recipient wouldn’t have just as much freedom to hammer a heel straight up into his nuts.

ETA: In fact, I’d pay to see that.  😄 

It's just so icky -- and he's married! His wife should take a jackhammer to his nuts when he gets home...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I really, really wonder if people would say the same things about Jamal if he were white and thin.

I had similar complaints with Dan Foley's mansplaining, condescension, and chauvinism.  But he's not thin.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 4