Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E07: I Was Born at Night, But Not Last Night

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Maybe she's been busy with the shelter while Rob rehearses his lines.

Ha! This is hilarious. I almost had a moment of sympathy for Bahston Rahb as he struggled to read the rules of the IOTI challenge to Janet.

I mean really, you literally have one job to do, Rob.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

When was the last season Jury selection started before the Merge?

Last season the jury started with Reem, the first person voted out.

5 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Her reward was that she didn't lose her vote.  Also, while I strongly agreed with her decision, there wasn't really a right or wrong answer.  

Not to mention that if she played and lost her vote she would have been exposed, as it was one of the tribal councils where all the voted were read.

• Love 2
On 11/6/2019 at 9:03 PM, Haleth said:

Also loved how Janet reasoned out that the advantage she could win on Idol Island would be a bad idea. 

I did appreciate that she thought it through, but I am not sure I agreed with the decision. I think I would have at least asked what the challenge would be. If she won the advantage, she wouldn't be forced to use it if it would put her in a bad position. But who knows what things will be like after the merge? Might be good to have safety for one week in your pocket. And if she'd lost - her vote wasn't really needed tonight anyway. Granted, she didn't know they'd lose the immunity challenge.

Good ep. Dean reminds me of Captain America (Chris Evans), so I am fond of him. Fun play with the immunity idol and pretty clever of Kellee to get Noura to cast a vote for Jack, too. If this were Big Brother there would have been a lot of talk about not getting blood on her hands.  I did like Jack, though.

I am in Physical Therapy from an ankle injury right now and one of the exercises I have to do is balancing on 2 inflated discs. I always imagine I am in a Survivor immunity challenge.

Edited by cherbitrary
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I immediately picked up on Jeff not saying here's the new blah, blah tribe.  Blah, blah, blah was voted out at TC.  And the other tribe made no effort to look at the tribe when they came in.  Because the TC was long and so much was going on, TPTB edited out the reward challenge. 

Dan is totally creepy and no one should put up with that.  Now that's a valid women's alliance.  Back up Dan and get out of our personal spaces.  Go cuddle with Jamal.

• Love 1
On 11/6/2019 at 9:47 PM, blackwing said:

I absolutely detest Jamal.  Last week he was all offended at what he believed to be a racist comment from Jack.  This week he spouts all this nonsense about being threatened by a women’s alliance.  He is quick to call others out on their stereotyping and offensiveness but has absolutely no problems with doing the same himself.  What an ass.

Jamal actually conceded that he understood Kellee's point and he seemed totally open to hearing what she had to say about his fears of all-girl alliance. I thought he pretty much walked the walk that he talks in terms of not getting defensive or trying to argue with her that she was wrong.

• Love 15
On 11/6/2019 at 8:03 PM, Haleth said:

I loved how Kellee reasoned out giving the idol to Dean but why did she then vote for him?

On 11/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, mythoughtis said:

So Kallee  gives Dean her idol and then votes Dean.  Was she thinking he wasn’t going to play it or was she trying to hide her game play from the others?

That's why.  She pulled off the near-impossible in Survivor.  She orchestrated the reversal of a unanimous decision using an idol and a flipped vote, and got away clean.  The only people that know about it are Noura and Dean.  And if she can outlast them and make F3, then she's got a big plus on her side.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:06 PM, LadyChatts said:

Is Janet the first person to not go along and take the challenge of the lesson?  I think Elizabeth and Noura are the only ones who didn’t succeed in their mission.

Correct on both counts.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:07 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I understand the rationale of Jamal playing his idol for Noura because I can see why he assumed, when Dean played an idol and as he believed they all voted for Dean, the lone vote from Dean would likely be for Noura. Because it seemed like Noura and Dean were not exactly the friendliest.

It's also along the same reasoning that the Whisper Games happened in the previous episode and Elaine was targeted.  Last week, oldVokai was under the impression Aaron was voting Elaine because of their fake plan, so they changed their votes to hopefully align with his and keep control of the situation. 

This week, Jamal and Jack had told Dean the fake plan, which was to vote Noura.  Since Dean "took control*" with an idol, the only counter was Jamal's idol.   And he assumed that Dean had stuck to the last plan Jamal knew Dean knew, which was the Noura vote.

* was handed control by Kellee

On 11/6/2019 at 8:53 PM, LadyChatts said:

It was just a small blurb at the end right after the vote, about Rudy.  I was hoping for something more. 

They're gonna save that for the live reunion.  Bet.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:38 PM, healthnut said:

Kellee votes for Dean and keeps her cover. She had Noura vote Jack in case Dean screwed her and voted for her instead of Jack. What doesn’t make sense is why the heck Jamal played an idol for Noura. Stupid.

Like I said.  Jamal knew that the last plan Dean knew about was voting Noura.  Which also fits in with Dean telling Jamal that Noura was targeting Jamal in the previous episode.  And that links with Jamal be

On 11/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, TVFan1 said:

Like how Janet didn't play the game for a chance for that advantage. I hope it was foreshadowing when Sandra was hoping for a woman as the winner of this season.

Considering that, other than Vince, only women have visited IotI, and the only visitor that has been voted out so far was Vince, there's probably a bit of bias there.

19 hours ago, Haleth said:

I get that Kellee voted for Dean to cover her tracks but it seems awfully risky to count on Noura to vote for Jack instead of doing it herself.  She was a teeny bit afraid Dean would vote for her (Kellee) so she needed someone to vote for someone else just in case, so she picked Noura, the loose cannon, of all people?

Did Jeff say that Jack was on the jury?  Isn't that confirmation that the merge is next?

Noura was the most vocal about wresting power from Jamal and Jack.  That, plus her "loose cannon" tendencies made her the logical choice to be a "random vote."

And Peachy did not say Jack was on the jury.

19 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Better yet, let's talk about how you have the perfect vehicle to have the #metoo discussion this season in Feely Dan!

To be fair, we don't know that they won't be having this discussion in a future episode.  There's been enough set-up that it seems likely.  First episode had Kellee bring up the subject with originalVokai.  Then there was the 1-2 combo in this episode of nuVokai discussing Feely Dan at camp and the gender discussion at TC.   (Which dovetailed nicely off the Jack/Jamal conversation from last week) The pieces are in place; we'll just have to see if they actually use them all.

16 hours ago, CloudySky said:

I don’t know if the risk of this big move was worth it but the thought of that brilliant hairidol going to waste bummed me out so I’m glad she was able to play it successfully. You could say she took a…calculated risk.

😎  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It's also nice when the lesson at IotI ends up applying across the episode and to people other than the actual student.  It did in the first episode, but hasn't really done so since then.

13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And for the love of Pete, please stop pretending everyone doesn't already know about Rob and Sandra!!! These people have nothing to do all day but lay around, seven people have been to that "island" by now, and you expect me to believe nobody has blabbed about Rob and Sandra? Really? Why? Once their advantage has been used, what good does it do them to keep quiet about it? Honestly, now that Elaine - for example - has used her advantage, what purpose does it serve her to keep the secret about Rob and Sandra? She has already painted as much of a target on her back as she can. In no way would it hurt her to tell everyone where and how she got that advantage. 

They can all assume she got it from IotI (truth-ish) without knowing exactly what happened there, or she could tell them.

But the little bit of power of knowing the "real secret" of IotI has to be

And only 6 people have been to IotI; no-one went on swap week.

12 hours ago, Nashville said:

Frankly, I’m a little surprised we haven’t seen more in the way of sub-alliances forming among IotI initiates.  They all now have a secret which is in their common interests to keep; other than one short exchange between (I think) Elizabeth and Elaine - with no follow up - we haven’t really seen anything of the sort.  After the Merge, maybe,

We saw Kellee considering it when Noura went to IotI, but then Noura botched her test incredibly badly, making Kellee reconsider.  However, that connection might also have been why Kellee went to Noura for her plan.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

That's why.  She pulled off the near-impossible in Survivor.  She orchestrated the reversal of a unanimous decision using an idol and a flipped vote, and got away clean.  The only people that know about it are Noura and Dean.  And if she can outlast them and make F3, then she's got a big plus on her side.

Correct on both counts.

It's also along the same reasoning that the Whisper Games happened in the previous episode and Elaine was targeted.  Last week, oldVokai was under the impression Aaron was voting Elaine because of their fake plan, so they changed their votes to hopefully align with his and keep control of the situation. 

This week, Jamal and Jack had told Dean the fake plan, which was to vote Noura.  Since Dean "took control*" with an idol, the only counter was Jamal's idol.   And he assumed that Dean had stuck to the last plan Jamal knew Dean knew, which was the Noura vote.

* was handed control by Kellee

They're gonna save that for the live reunion.  Bet.

Like I said.  Jamal knew that the last plan Dean knew about was voting Noura.  Which also fits in with Dean telling Jamal that Noura was targeting Jamal in the previous episode.  And that links with Jamal be

Considering that, other than Vince, only women have visited IotI, and the only visitor that has been voted out so far was Vince, there's probably a bit of bias there.

Noura was the most vocal about wresting power from Jamal and Jack.  That, plus her "loose cannon" tendencies made her the logical choice to be a "random vote."

To be fair, we don't know that they won't be having this discussion in a future episode.  There's been enough set-up that it seems likely.  First episode had Kellee bring up the subject with originalVokai.  Then there was the 1-2 combo in this episode of nuVokai discussing Feely Dan at camp and the gender discussion at TC.   (Which dovetailed nicely off the Jack/Jamal conversation from last week) The pieces are in place; we'll just have to see if they actually use them all.

😎  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It's also nice when the lesson at IotI ends up applying across the episode and to people other than the actual student.  It did in the first episode, but hasn't really done so since then.

They can all assume she got it from IotI (truth-ish) without knowing exactly what happened there, or she could tell them.

But the little bit of power of knowing the "real secret" of IotI has to be

And only 6 people have been to IotI; no-one went on swap week.

We saw Kellee considering it when Noura went to IotI, but then Noura botched her test incredibly badly, making Kellee reconsider.  However, that connection might also have been why Kellee went to Noura for her plan.

Jeff did say that Jack would be the first member of the jury.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Personally I don't see Jamal as comparable to Dan, one of the worst people ever.

I think Dan was much worse.  But, Jamal is still an arrogant, hypocritical douchebag.

I think the hypocrisy bothers me the most.   If he held himself to the same extreme standards of speech that he holds others to, it wouldn't be nearly as annoying.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, zscore said:

Last season the jury started with Reem, the first person voted out.

Ok, then, let me please rephrase my question: other than the bloody abortion of an insult to the core concept of Survivor which was last season, when was the last time Jury selection started before the Merge?

2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

That's why.  [Kellee] pulled off the near-impossible in Survivor.  She orchestrated the reversal of a unanimous decision using an idol and a flipped vote, and got away clean.  The only people that know about it are Noura and Dean.  And if she can outlast them and make F3, then she's got a big plus on her side.

Yup, and with that move - or, more specifically, the pause during Kellee’s TH where you literally SEE the idea being born in her head - Kellee just became my favorite player. Janet & Elaine may be tied for second.

I went back and watched, and JP did actually say, “...and the first member of the Jury.”

And at the end of his FMG* comments Jack said, “...and I am so frigging PUMPED to be the first member of the Jury.”

One thing: at the moment of his “...and the first member of the Jury” statement, the camera never moved off Jiffy - and in the absence of any tribal reaction to the Jury statement, the possibility TPTB might have shot that bit separately and edited  it in HAD occurred to me.  If such were the case, though, then Production did a bang-up job of perfectly matching every single detail in  the scene.

* FMG = Fuck My Game

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2019 at 9:03 PM, LadyChatts said:

So the jury starts with Jack?  I’m sad to see him go.  I was really hoping it was going to be Jamal.  I remembered tonight why I didn’t like him. 

I thought first jury member was first vote after the merge, was confused. 

• Love 1

It was a bit confusing to hear Jack talk about being the first jury member even though there wasn't a merge.  However, it did get my hopes up that they are really postponing the merge and keeping everyone on their current tribes for a bit long.  I would love to see expectations and plans have to change to reflect a different reality than the one they are all expecting as several players mentioned the merge happening next.  The scrambling would be wondering.  Alas, I think I'm the only one who thinks this might happen therefore I anticipate a merge happening next week even though I'd really, really, really, like to see a merge delay.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

It was a bit confusing to hear Jack talk about being the first jury member even though there wasn't a merge.  However, it did get my hopes up that they are really postponing the merge and keeping everyone on their current tribes for a bit long.  I would love to see expectations and plans have to change to reflect a different reality than the one they are all expecting as several players mentioned the merge happening next.  The scrambling would be wondering.  Alas, I think I'm the only one who thinks this might happen therefore I anticipate a merge happening next week even though I'd really, really, really, like to see a merge delay.

It would be great if they started mixing up the timing of the merge a lot more.  If players didn't know if they were merging at 13 or at 8 or 9, it would force players to give more thought to keeping their current tribes strong.

I think the patterns have become a bit too predictable for the swap and merge.  

• Love 6

Just a coupla quick thoughts:

Rarely does such an intricate plan work out so perfectly. Kudos to Kellee and I love that the cameras caught her literally having the idea during her confessional.

Kudos to Janet (?) for being the first IOTI visitor to actually THINK thru the consequences of the deal being offered and, right or wrong, make her decision based on that rather than jumping at anything just because, hey, it's BR and Sandra and I'm on Survivor!

Unfortunately, it seems like NONE of the IOTI visitors have thought to try bargaining for a better deal than the one they're offered. BR mentioned that as a possibility the very first time someone came there but they seem to have dropped it entirely, since nobody's smart enough to bargain.

I hope there are some serious consequences for Feely Dan sooner rather than later.

What is with all the damn basketball challenges? We've had, what, three so far? If the challenge designers are that burnt out, hire some new ones, dammit.

I too miss the opening credits, the previouslies, and Probst's ritual language at challenges and tribal. It's not quite Survivor without them.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Charlesman said:

really hope this sequence was foreshadowing the final-four challenge and she beats him again at fire starting. I hope every episode starts with him wasting 2 hours, not being able to do it, not letting anyone else even try, then, huffing and stepping aside for Kellee and she does it in 2 minutes. Then at final four she just crushes him.

Or maybe her really does know how to start fire and is just messing with everyone in the hopes of going against someone in a fire making challenge and them thinking they have it in the bag.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

What is with all the damn basketball challenges? We've had, what, three so far? If the challenge designers are that burnt out, hire some new ones, dammit.

Same with the puzzles.  Stop it already. Go back  and have an old fashioned memory challenge.  The one where they have to run back and forth into the woods and read clues, or even the long forgotten questions about their fellow tribe members. 

• Love 16

Her reward was that she didn't lose her vote.

So her "reward" is that she . . . gets the same thing everyone else has? She needn't have bothered going to IotI in the first place. 

I maintain she got stiffed on this deal. Everyone else was offered the chance of a real advantage. Her advantage was something crappy that would have put a huge target on her back.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

That's their story and they are sticking to it.  

and, Rob's huge gut is sticking to it, too. Me thinks they have been using the Applebee’s drive thru on their down time.

• LOL 9
On 11/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dean.  Goddammit, when he smiles he looks like someone famous and I can't place it.  I'm starting to turn the corner into thinking he is hot now.

He reminds me of Lochlyn Munro.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Gummo said:

Unfortunately, it seems like NONE of the IOTI visitors have thought to try bargaining for a better deal than the one they're offered. BR mentioned that as a possibility the very first time someone came there but they seem to have dropped it entirely, since nobody's smart enough to bargain.

Kellee didn't bargain, but her stalling and reluctance to take on the social memory test offered by Sandra and Boston Rob caused BR to sweeten the deal to extending the number of TCs the immunity idol prize was good for.  That wasn't an active bargaining session though, it was passive on Kellee's part, and she may have even gotten more if she'd recognized that and pushed it. 

I suspect if Janet hadn't been so firm in her refusal, perfectly laying out her reasons and giving good TV, BR or Sandra might have had a counter offer.  But Janet gave them such a good segment, offering more would have derailed that "lesson."

I'll be interested to see if once the merge happens, if Sandra and Boston Rob will start offering advantages in the individual immunity challenges rather than immunity idols themselves.  As the numbers whittle down, giving out actual idols will start to get awkward.  Pretty soon, everyone at TC will have one, and they'll be forced to vote Jeff off! 

Actually, that's an interesting speculation.  What are they going to do with Sandra and Boston Rob as the numbers dwindle? 

• Love 5

I'm still not sure why being hesitant to make decisions (Kellee) gets her an extra reward for Sandra and Rob.  I still don't get why this is valued.  You have to make a lot of fast decisions in Survivor, most notably during the reward and immunity challenges.  There is a tribal every 3 days, so I guess that's the only time where hesitating could be good.  You get 3 days to make your 'vote' decision, your alliance decision, your idol decision blah blah blah. But I still don't get the whole Rob and Sandra thing and it's still really muddy.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

So her "reward" is that she . . . gets the same thing everyone else has? She needn't have bothered going to IotI in the first place. 

I maintain she got stiffed on this deal. Everyone else was offered the chance of a real advantage. Her advantage was something crappy that would have put a huge target on her back.

If her circumstances were a bit different, the advantage she had a chance to win could have been game saving.   

If NuVokai had lost and Tommy or Dan went to IOTI and came back with that advantage, it would have saved him, and probably gotten him to the merge.  

The safety without power was over little value to Janet only because she was in a strong position in her tribe and had no need for it.   

Elaine's block a vote would have of much less value if her tribe wasn't split 4-4.  

Regardless of all that, the IOTI challenge wasn't to make the "right" decision.  The challenge was apparently some sort of game of chance and she declined to do the challenge.  You don't get a prize for declining a challenge, though not losing her vote, by making the smart choice was sort of its own reward.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm still not sure why being hesitant to make decisions (Kellee) gets her an extra reward for Sandra and Rob.  I still don't get why this is valued.  You have to make a lot of fast decisions in Survivor, most notably during the reward and immunity challenges.  There is a tribal every 3 days, so I guess that's the only time where hesitating could be good.  You get 3 days to make your 'vote' decision, your alliance decision, your idol decision blah blah blah. But I still don't get the whole Rob and Sandra thing and it's still really muddy.

I don't think it was meant as a reward for Kellee being hesitant.  I think they really wanted her to do the Sandra's family and dogs quiz because it made good television and because they thought she would probably win it.  So, they sweetened the deal to get her to do it.

In Janet's case, the game of chance wouldn't have been that interesting and since they felt she made the wise choice by declining, they didn't want to try to talk her out of it.

I suspect that if Vince had been hesitant to take on the fire stealing challenge they would have sweetened the deal, because that was also good television.

Noura and Elaine both jumped at the chance to do their challenges, so there was no need for Boston Angelina...I mean Rob to negotiate with them.

I can't remember if Elizabeth hesitated on the fire challenge.  I am sure they would have negotiated with her if she tried to decline it.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It’s about balance.  While it’s important to make decisions quickly and act upon them in a timely manner, it’s just as important to put enough thought into those decisions to ensure they are good ones.  Depth of thought and quickness of response are diametrically opposed elements, and it’s the individual player’s responsibility to determine how much weight and consideration should be given to each:

• In this context, the fact of Kellee’s “hesitation” is not as significant as why she hesitated - i.e., it was less indecision, and more Kellee weighing her alternatives.  
  • Same with Janet’s declination, for that matter.  Janet decided the immediate potential upside of such an advantage - absolute immunity for one TC - would be offset by the downside which would inevitably follow up on its exercise.  The net impact of the “advantage”’s execution on Janet’s social game would be negative.
  • While Elaine’s immediate acceptance of Rob and Sandra’s proposition certainly demonstrated bravery, willingness to make a decision, and fearlessness in following through - but it also showed a certain lack of wisdom, as Elaine deliberately shortchanged herself on relevant information before making her choice.  Elaine’s success validated her confidence, to be sure - but had Elaine failed, those bouquets being thrown at her by fans would no doubt have turned into brickbats pretty damn quick.

Like I said, it’s all about balance.  And there’s no perfect RIGHT answer - just individual judgments.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Nashville said:

Ok, then, let me please rephrase my question: other than the bloody abortion of an insult to the core concept of Survivor which was last season, when was the last time Jury selection started before the Merge?

Heroes vs Villains. Coach and Courtney were out pre-merge and the first two jury members.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Same with the puzzles.  Stop it already. Go back  and have an old fashioned memory challenge.  The one where they have to run back and forth into the woods and read clues, or even the long forgotten questions about their fellow tribe members. 

My dream is that they bring back the challenge where they have to say bad things about each other ("Who is most clueless?" "Who is terrible at this game?) and then eliminate each other for rewards. I'm not describing it well, but it needs to come back!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, zscore said:

Heroes vs Villains. Coach and Courtney were out pre-merge and the first two jury members.  

Thank you; I knew it had been something like a decade since such had last occurred, but I couldn’t recall when.

Jack will be a good Mayor of Ponderosa. There really isn’t any nasty cast members this year and I’m sure it’ll be a fun group. A large group but a fun group nevertheless. I think they like the jury now due to the nature of the Final Tribal Council. Although, here are a few people Jack hasn’t even met. Basically, it’s like Reem all over again without EoE. I’m hoping Kellee makes the Finals. I really like her. I didn’t like her in Episode 1 though. I’m not even sure why. 

• Love 2
On 11/7/2019 at 6:25 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

How about a Karishma, Noura and Dean All Goat final 3.  

Why did you have to put that out in the world?  Though I would be all about Noura winning.  I would be just as WTF as when crazy Christie (not sure if she spells her name that way) won Australian Survivor.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:24 AM, Tdoc72 said:

I want to like him, b/c he reminds me of Cedric Yarbrough (actor on Carol’s 2nd Act, The Goldbergs, Speechless, et al) who I really like. But then I can’t stand the ways he talks down to everyone.  I hope he goes soon and it’s a blindside. 

When I saw Jamal's pictures I was like, "Wait Kenneth is going to be on Survivor?  That's awesome!"

On 11/7/2019 at 10:25 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I really wanna like some of these people but for some reason I just don't. 

Wait a second this isn't the Big Brother thread...

For you non-Big Brother posters, Peach says this every year in the Big Brother threads.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, watch2much said:

did anyone else hear Jamal say to Jack as Jack was leaving "Sorry Jack, I tried"  

I thought I heard that and I wondered if he knew something about the vote going against Jack.

I heard that as well but I did not understand the context of why he said that.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

So, it sounds like he is married. 

I wonder if Feely Dan is a swinger.  If so maybe his wife does not mind.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:24 PM, EllenB said:

I really, really wonder if people would say the same things about Jamal if he were white and thin.

Well last weeks conversation would have never happened if he were white.  But I think people would still talk about how he comes across as being condescending.

8 hours ago, Charlesman said:

Tried in season 1, if you can believe it. Nutso coconut-phone guy cast his vote for Probst, and they had to re-do it.

I think Greg also orchestrated an eight person tie vote, or maybe not but I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I wonder if she had held out a little longer if the terms would have changed.  Like for the first two... Elizabeth would probably have gotten a head start on fire and Kellee only had to get 3 questions right.  I wonder if Janet had debated more if maybe her advantage would have turned into something else that would have been better and wouldn’t have put a target on her.  Like maybe just a regular idol.

4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Wait a second this isn't the Big Brother thread...

For you non-Big Brother posters, Peach says this every year in the Big Brother threads.

Hey now! It's not every year, just the past like 5, dammit! But actually I usually don't even want to like the BB people anymore since they pretty much all out right suck from jump nowadays.

12 hours ago, zscore said:

I knew it'd been awhile but didn't realize it was that long. So weird they randomly decided to do it now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Charlesman said:

Tried in season 1, if you can believe it. Nutso coconut-phone guy cast his vote for Probst, and they had to re-do it.

And this is why I will always have Greg Buis at the top of my list of players who should return. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I heard that as well but I did not understand the context of why [Jamal] said that.

Impression I got was that Jamal and Jack has discussed several potential TC scenarios, and Jamal must’ve told Jack something to the effect of:

1. Jamal would do his level best to ensure Jack’s ass was covered.
  2. If Jamal was certain Jack was safe AND Noura appeared to be in jeopardy, however, then Jamal might play his idol to protect Noura.

Given such a context, Jamal’s apology to Jack - for so badly misreading the situation - would make much more sense.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Impression I got was that Jamal and Jack has discussed several potential TC scenarios, and Jamal must’ve told Jack something to the effect of:

1. Jamal would do his level best to ensure Jack’s ass was covered.
  2. If Jamal was certain Jack was safe AND Noura appeared to be in jeopardy, however, then Jamal might play his idol to protect Noura.

Given such a context, Jamal’s apology to Jack - for so badly misreading the situation - would make much more sense.

In the surprise he probably just wanted to say he wasn't behind any of it, that's probably what it amounted to.

The issue that comes up for them would be who blew up the Dean blindside.

17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I knew it'd been awhile but didn't realize it was that long. So weird they randomly decided to do it now.

The extended time frame was why I was asking; it had been so long since the last go-around, I’d figured they’d given up pre-merge Jurors as a bad idea years ago - or rather, I’d wished they had.

Edited by Nashville
Years, not ears - fucking autocorrect
  • Love 1

I'm still missing something about Jamal's idol play, maybe someone can enlighten me?  I'm going with what we actually know, and not what maybe happened that went unaired.  After Dean played his idol Jamal knew all votes cast against him wouldn't count, and it would come down to who Dean voted for, which he thought would be Noura because that's the fake plan Dean had been told.  So by playing his idol for Noura that would mean no votes counted and everybody would go to a re-vote, with Noura and Dean being the only safe players, correct?  If so that puts Jamal at risk in the re-vote.  What was the point in that?  So I understand that he knew Noura would be the person voted out (as far as he knew) with Dean playing the idol, but I don't understand why he thought saving her with his idol and going to a re-vote, that puts himself in danger, was a good idea.  Am I wrong somewhere along the line with the re-vote process that would have made this a smart idea if he was right about how the vote was going to go?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think Jamal assumed that his alliance with OldVokai was solid, so he thought that Karishma would just be voted out on the re-vote.  He didn't know that Kellee gave Dean the idol or that more than just Dean had thrown a wonky vote the first time around.  Playing the idol on Noura would make her happy, he would keep his alliance strong, and Karishma would be no great loss to him.  It was a risk, but I was actually impressed that he put together a possible way to save his entire alliance so quickly.  I would have been panicking and not thinking clearly in the same situation.

• Love 9
On 11/8/2019 at 2:43 AM, jsm1125 said:

Jeff did say that Jack would be the first member of the jury.

Really?  Let me check....

On 11/8/2019 at 6:07 AM, Nashville said:

I went back and watched, and JP did actually say, “...and the first member of the Jury.”

So did I, and so he did.  Somehow, I missed that live.  Or it was another localized Mandela Effect.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

If I was playing this season, I would use the Island of the idols to make allies. For example Keleey could approach someone she wanted to ally herself with and tell them "you should know the truth about IoI, there are Rob and Sandra and they will offer you a challenge, remember to hesitate so they sweaten the deal for you". After this person will go there, they will be grateful about Kelleey advicing them and them and her will be tighter. She could do this with more than one people.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2019 at 5:47 AM, himela said:

there are Rob and Sandra and they will offer you a challenge, remember to hesitate so they sweaten the deal for you".

I don't think they know the deal can be sweetened by hesitating. We, the viewers, know that, but if I were playing, it wouldn't cross my mind to decline the first offer in case there's a better 2nd offer. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don't think they know the deal can be sweetened by hesitating. We, the viewers, know that, but if I were playing, it wouldn't cross my mind to decline the first offer in case there's a better 2nd offer. 

Kelley did exactly that and Rob said immediately "let me make the deal better" so she knows hesitation sweetens the deal.