Type keyword(s) to search

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, MarkHB said:

The box is safe to open unless you're a super spoiler-phobe...

Hide contents

Spoiler

Looks good to me! But the head is probably the easiest part (since they're keeping that mostly human), I'm worried about the rest of the look, shoulders down.

I know the question the time gap has come up, I think it's an interesting question of what 50 years might mean to an immortal. From a human perspective that's more than half a lifetime between when she knew Steve and the 80s, but to a superhuman with eternal life, that might be like something that happened a couple of months ago would be to us.

Only if the immortal lives in super slow motion.  Otherwise it'd be like if you wouldn't shut up about a hamster you were fond of about 6 years ago.  I imagine people around you would act sympathetic but behind your back would be like "Enough about Mr. Snuffles already! Move on."

• Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 10:20 AM, Trini said:

A well cut trailer is a thing of beauty!!

Yes. Some trailers feel like their own thing: an artistic effort -  short, well edited and choreographed to music. 
The last trailer that caught my attention in such a way was for Godzilla, King of the Monsters - edited to music from Clair de Lune.  Unfortunately, that movie did not live up to the promise of the trailer. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha

This was scheduled for June, so I'm assuming we would have gotten a second trailer in April? I wonder how much they'll stick to the marketing schedule? (They probably can't do anything about some things that are produced months ahead - certain magazines, and merchandise.)

On 4/13/2020 at 1:02 AM, PepSinger said:

To go along with the Vogue cover, Gal also did an episode of "73 Questions" with Vogue.

I realize that this is the point of those kind of interviews, but she really does seem like a lovely person. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I realize that this is the point of those kind of interviews, but she really does seem like a lovely person. 

Right? She seems as if she'd be a fun person to hang out with.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Can we at least get a new trailer?!

I know, right? 😭  I hope they put it out sooner, but they may release it with Tenet at the end of July, or the DC Fandome event in August.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I love that we get more Themyacira flashbacks. Those were some of the best parts of the first movie.

The only issue I have with the flashbacks (and it goes for any that involves immortal type people) how the hell do young ones age to adults. It's all I kept thinking about with the last WW movie. How long was she a child for? How does immortality work, does it not exist until you become an adult? I have questions. I don't need answers but they are questions I will always have, just like with time travel.

On other things, that new trailer looks good and it seems they have kept the same tone from the first which I am happy with. Not sure about the swinging on lightning thing though. It looks cool but it does my scientific brain in.

• Love 1

The Amazons were all made by Zeus as adults, only Diana was born as child. I just go with she aged like a regular child until she looked around the same age as the rest then stopped. This is a comic we can't use logic to explain it. 

As for the riding lightening she's the demi-god daughter of Zeus, I take it more as she's controlling the lightening. 

• Love 6

Finally, the second trailer!! A lot of Cheetah in the latest trailer; but also a lot more of WW's superhero-ing. Looks good. Steve is obviously going to have some of the comic relief, but I hope they do the Diana/Steve relationship well. I'm more interested in their dynamic here than in the first film.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
On 8/22/2020 at 11:28 AM, BetterButter said:

That looks amazing.  I have to admit, I’ve been a bit apprehensive about this for a number of reasons.  I loved the first one so much, and I’ve been afraid the second one wouldn’t live up.  Plus I was never super enthusiastic about the 80s setting.  But this really looks great.  Hopefully we won’t have to wait too much longer to see it.

ETA: though I admit I’m still concerned about the golden eagle armor look.  I was always a bit skeptical about them being able to carry that off without it looking really fake, and I’m not all that reassured by this trailer.  Also, on repeated viewings, Cheetah looks like something out of a horror show, and not in a good way.  So... still concerns.  But mostly it looks good!

Edited by Starfish35

Well, that looks pretty "meh" to me. The best thing I've seen so far is Wonder Woman in that gold armor, which is pretty impressive. Cheetah looks terrible. I'm hoping those CGI shots are still in-progress. Perhaps this one can avoid crashing and burning in the third act.

I just wish they were taking a page from the most recent origin story for Cheetah from DC Rebirth.  She was a professor of archeology who was the only person who could communicate with Diana when she first came to Man's World.  They became besties and Barbara had a relationship with Etta Candy.  And then she was tricked into becoming the Cheetah.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:07 PM, Sakura12 said:

The Amazons were all made by Zeus as adults, only Diana was born as child. I just go with she aged like a regular child until she looked around the same age as the rest then stopped. This is a comic we can't use logic to explain it. 

As for the riding lightening she's the demi-god daughter of Zeus, I take it more as she's controlling the lightening. 

I figure they age, but like one year for them is like 50 for us.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Not surprising.  I do wish it wasn’t getting delayed again, but at this point it’s probably for the best.   A Christmas release probably gives it the best chance.

Considering they're expecting COVID to hit even worse in the winter, on top of the flu season, I don't think we'll get it at Christmas.  I hope I'm wrong.

The Legends need to fix this mess.

• Love 2

I would happily pay for this on VOD, although I know Patty Jenkins (in a much more humble way) is as insistent as Christopher Nolan that it be seen on the big screen.  Unlike most movies, I of course would much rather see it in theaters, and would have probably overruled my common sense and seen it in October (in the unlikely event NYC theaters were open).

I was looking forward to it just because my husband, who generally only grudgingly goes to comic book movies with me, LOOOOOOVED the first one, and told me he was legitimately excited for this.

• Love 3

The theaters in my state are open, but the main chain (which isn't very big) is telling their Facebook followers that "we'll happily sell you popcorn regardless of whether you're going to a movie."