Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Unleashed

• Start Topic

I didn't think the show would be looking the whole time, but I guess that was naive of me. I wondered when they'd know the dog was originally lost. Gary never looked for owner to my recollection and just assumed he was abandoned. 

Deliah is gag worthy tonight but that's nothing different.

PJ has a very odd relationship with is dad and this "are they brother and sister" is a bit much. Can any of these kids really know who is their dad. ; )

I think Gary was spot on though and his emotions natural.

Edited by debraran
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

Who are these people with jobs they can just blow off to look for a lost dog? I love my dogs and I would skip work to look for them, but I wouldn’t expect any of my friends to do so. And certainly not all of them. 

And at least one person I don’t even know, lol!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Prediction: Colin went home to his original family and Gary will meet them and find them to be lovely people who have been missing their dog terribly, accept that he belongs with them, and adopt the other dog at the shelter.

edit: Or not.

The slo-mo run to the garage was just too much.

So will Eddie tell him the truth? (New prediction, he sees the flyer, he gives Colin back, and adopts the other dog at the shelter.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, debraran said:

I didn't think the show would be looking the whole time, but I guess that was naive of me. I wondered when they'd know the dog was originally lost. Gary never looked for owner to my recollection and just assumed he was abandoned. 

Deliah is gag worthy tonight but that's nothing different.

How does he not know is dog had a blue collar and this one has a big ole orange one!!!

So Colin is Wesley, and there’s still another black mastiff I the shelter? The shelter doesn’t look at lost dog signs in its own lobby?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I liked this episode. As implausible as it was for the entire gang to have a day free to look for Colin, it gave the more fun characters opportunities to interact. 

Interesting how Delilah's making her move on Andrew now that he's shown his vulnerable side. Isn't that how she swooped in on Eddie? We'll see if her revealing the (worst kept) secret to him comes back to bite her.

Katherine 3, Delilah 0 this episode for:

• Taking care of her baby while Delilah was out on a podcast .. all day?! 
  • Calling Delilah out on her lying - and shut up next episode Delilah for using your children as an excuse. You were ready to leave your husband. 
  • And .. sharing how she used to have scotch in the evenings with Jon in his office. 

Looking forward to next week. 

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, kazza said:

Which is hilarious because, once again, Delilah decided to blow the day off, playing hooky with her boyfriend. She literally should have only gone to do the podcast and go back home...but she spent hours afterward with Andrew to visit his comatose wife. Even though it's clear that Delilah was contacted early on about the switch with Katherine taking care of Charlie and couldn't be bothered to go take care of her daughter. 

And then she had the NERVE to give Katherine The Death Stare at the end when she dared to say that they should tell the kids about the major lie that changed everything. Delilah, just because your lying boyfriend is fine with lying, it doesn't mean that others are. 

Seriously, though. Delilah's comfortable with telling her BOYFRIEND about having a baby with another man who's not her husband but when it comes to her own kids, who are directly affected, she can't do it. 

Now, for the rest of the episode. Them searching for Colin should be unrealistic, for the most part, but it was fun to watch some different interactions. Finally, Eddie starts sharing some actual scenes with Gary. It's the most I've liked Eddie since they're giving him SOMETHING different to do. I liked his scenes with Gary.

Rome, I'm pretty sure PJ isn't going to go kissing Sophie right now. Maybe Sophie is going to develop a little crush on PJ, but....maybe you should be telling her the truth. Poor girl doesn't know what's in store when all of these secrets about her parents start coming out. 

That being said, I'm still pretty sure that PJ isn't a Dixon so PJ/Sophie could theoretically get together.

Maggie/Gary work out their issues. Eric says that he's going to stop contacting Maggie, but then we see a picture of Sutton Foster as his dead fiancee and when you cast a well known actress like Sutton Foster, you know that the story isn't over so...yay for more Eric! I wonder how it'll work, now that Maggie and Gary have seemed to work things out.

Ah, so I had a feeling that Colin wasn't just a lost dog with no home, but I honestly put the idea out of my mind until now. I think Gary will do the right thing and return Colin to his rightful owners, but damn if it's not going to be one of the hardest things he'll have to do. And, honestly, I don't blame him for wanting to be selfish and keep Colin. Of course, that's to assume that this is 100% the dog in the lost dog poster (which is seems like it is, since they did the fakeout earlier with Gary finding fake Colin). 

What was with the really weird editing with the scene of Eddie finding the poster, anyhow? A couple of the shots were so blurry that I don't know if they were going just for artistic direction or they were saying that Eddie's vision was blurry or what. Heh. I'd laugh if it was a sign that Eddie was drunk. 

But no, I'm pretty sure the director of this episode wanted to be clever for whatever reason.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Why the hell would you take the dog's leash off outside?

I take my dog's leash off at the front porch all the time, but we are'n't in a city and he literally just hops in the front door  and I make sure he comes in....  like, I don't just forget about him after I remove the leash.  

everybody taking the day off to look for Colin was weird.  But whatever.  

Loved Katherine telling Charlie that neither of them did anything wrong so they didn't have to let anybody shame them.  Katherine is a rock star.   

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I take my dog's leash off at the front porch all the time, but we are'n't in a city and he literally just hops in the front door  and I make sure he comes in....  like, I don't just forget about him after I remove the leash.  

Ours would have taken off if we did that. She liked to run around. We had a fenced backyard, though, so usually we just let her out there.

• Love 1

Also, something pointed out on Reddit, but not only did Delilah play hooky with her boyfriend after the podcast, but when she got the call about Colin being missing, she essentially said "oh, that sucks. Good luck!" and didn't even bother to go help. Quite literally, Gary's done EVERYTHING for Delilah. He's dropped EVERYTHING to be by her side. But when the time comes for her to be there for him, she decides that it's not worth it.

I have to believe that the show is making us hate Delilah on purpose. No way are her narcissistic actions NOT on purpose. No way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

everybody taking the day off to look for Colin was weird.  But whatever.  

Loved Katherine telling Charlie that neither of them did anything wrong so they didn't have to let anybody shame them.  Katherine is a rock star.   

They made it a point that Colin was shy with people he doesn’t know... have we ever seen Gary take him anywhere with all these friends? They don’t really hang in each other’s homes, so when did Eddie and Rome and Regina develop a bond with him? And Eddie has an opportunity to spend a good chunk of time with a daughter he complains he can’t acknowledge and dumps her to look for a dog?  Whether or not Katherine volunteered to look after Charlie isn’t the point.

IMO, they should have told the truth to the kids earlier. Yes it may have turned out badly, but in the long run the truth is better. For everyone, but particularly Charlie. Why have her grow up believing her father killed himself before she was born, never have father in her life, regardless of how good Rome, Gary and Eddie are to her? Eddie is her father and she deserves to know that. So do Sophie, Danny and Theo. 
I say that from experience in my own family, where parentage of one sibling was concealed. Over the years there were rumors and suspicions and secrets shared between some family members, but it was never openly acknowledged. The truth is there now but never really discussed and family relations are forever changed and strained. It’s painful especially to the affected sibling. Feelings of not being 100’% accepted, creep into even the most minor of situations. It’s heartbreaking.. 

• Love 4

I wish this show wasn't turning into The Maggie Show.  The first season seemed to be related to Jon, and she never met him.  The show's gotten really far away from Jon in general.  And Maggie's annoying.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Why the hell would you take the dog's leash off outside?

Maybe I'm just callous (and don't get me wrong, I love dogs and Colin is still my favorite character) but am I the only one who found everyone dramatically dropping everything to go look for Colin (who's been missing for all of 20 minutes...or a few hours...who the hell knows on this show?)** just a tad over the top? We had a miniature Schnauzer when I was a kid and she got out occasionally. We weren't always successful in catching her but she always came home. (They all seem to just be randomly wandering around the city, anyway. Are they really looking?)

Can't blame him for wanting to get away from this whiny bunch, though.

Eh, I remove my dog's leash outside the door but she's always eager to get inside because she gets a treat after her walk. And I live on a dead end road, not a busy street in the middle of a large city.

My favorite piece of stupidity was Rome, Regina, Sophie and PJ all wandering around in a group looking for the dog. It never occurred to any of these geniuses that they could cover 4 times as much territory if they split up?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, SpiritSong said:

My favorite piece of stupidity was Rome, Regina, Sophie and PJ all wandering around in a group looking for the dog. It never occurred to any of these geniuses that they could cover 4 times as much territory if they split up?

I was thinking that too, but they wouldn't have had time for all those heart to heart discussions about everything under the sun except a missing dog. 

Props to the other woman in the park when Katherine started oversharing about the baby.  "Okay, time to go."

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

? They don’t really hang in each other’s homes, so when did Eddie and Rome and Regina develop a bond with him?

Eddie lived with Gary for a time when he and Katherine split up so Eddie and Colin would be tight.   And while I agree Eddie shouldn't be so eager to give up time with his daughter, it is one afternoon and presumably Delilah is never going to invest in a nanny or daycare so Eddie will have ample opportunities to be her baby minder while she's off recording podcasts and bonding with wealthy men she meets at gas stations.

30 minutes ago, SpiritSong said:

My favorite piece of stupidity was Rome, Regina, Sophie and PJ all wandering around in a group looking for the dog.

This especially when they all ended up back in the same spot after they rented the bikes.   Like at least break off into teams of 2.    

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, mikem said:

I wish this show wasn't turning into The Maggie Show.  The first season seemed to be related to Jon, and she never met him.  The show's gotten really far away from Jon in general.  And Maggie's annoying.

I agree, it was supposed to be about Jon and his death but then it got convoluted and Maggie took up more space than Rome or Eddie or even Barbara.

Jon left Katherine liquor and now they bring it up? Not when they were giving out his things?  Was there something else there? Did Jon have a will? How did D know he wanted her to have these things, she never mentioned the other items the same way.

2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was thinking that too, but they wouldn't have had time for all those heart to heart discussions about everything under the sun except a missing dog. 

Props to the other woman in the park when Katherine started oversharing about the baby.  "Okay, time to go."

Katherine found it cathartic but it was rude.

Why did anyone think a huge mastif would be going up and down sidewalks unnoticed? A terrier maybe but he was shy, I assumed (wrongly) they looked close before far. Also to be fair, were we supposed to believe that dog was just found also? They lost Colin that day, did the pound know that? I think Gary would know his dog better than to think it was him after a second or two.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

IMO, they should have told the truth to the kids earlier. 

You're obviously 100% correct, but as hacky as this show is, I'll allow that people making the wrong decision IS a legitimate source of drama, ya know? It's just about whether the decision is remotely believable and I think that you'd attest to the fact that, as wrong as this decision is, it's certainly a believable one. 

• Love 5

OMG Delilah is such a helpless and delicate flower that she can't even drive herself to wherever the podcast was recorded? JFC. Is there ANYTHING she is capable of doing herself anymore?

As soon as Andrew said that his wife was still alive, I knew it was going to be revealed that she was in a coma or something similar (hey, I read the Flowers in the Attic series so I know how this works!).

Katherine is really a saint. She left work to watch Charlie so that Eddie could help Gary look for Colin. Seriously?

For a bunch of people who were supposed to be frantic with worry about a lost dog, they sure weren't acting like they were on the hunt to find him. Rome, Regina, PJ, and Sophie were meandering down the street like they were on vacation. Even when PJ and Sophie got the bikes, they were walking them down the street instead of riding them (and wasn't the point that they could cover more ground if they were on bikes?).

Then Gary and Eddie sat at the shelter to have a heart to heart (which is a conversation they could have had while walking around looking for Colin). And on top of that, Gary said that Colin had been missing for six hours and then Eddie said they could make signs and post online. Seriously? No one thought to post on NextDoor or stop for five minutes to print a few flyers with Colin's picture and Gary's phone number so they could hand them out at the places they stopped or tape them up as they were canvassing the neighborhood? Gah, be efficient, people!

Maggie can be annoying, but when Gary told her that she was pathetic, she was way more mature than I would have been. I know he was upset about Colin and mad at Maggie (and irrationally jealous of Eric), but that was over the line judgmental and cruel.

Eric continues to be a kind and considerate person which means I hope he gets the hell away from these people (even though I love Jason Ritter and think he's doing an amazing job in this role, Eric deserves better than to get sucked into the vortex of drama and codependency that this group has going on). But not before we see his backstory with Sutton Foster!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I have to believe that the show is making us hate Delilah on purpose. No way are her narcissistic actions NOT on purpose. No way.

I've been wondering about this as well. DJ Nash seems to enjoy plot twists, so I'm hopeful Delilah is revealed for who she is. It will be interesting to see who in the group of friends supports continuing the lie.

5 hours ago, mikem said:

She strikes me as the type who's smart and always quick with a quip but not necessarily mature and very entitled. Not fun in life and not fun to watch on a tv show. 

Re: Gary's quip about Eddie sleeping with everyone in the group - didn't Gary date Regina way back when? I feel like that was mentioned in Season 1, but maybe I made that up.

I feel like I say "Ugh, this show" every post, but seriously: ugh, this show. Of COURSE they're gonna work a situation where Katherine is the only one who can watch the affair baby. Because of course. If they all finally do come clean about the paternity, and they obviously will, and if she stays with Eddie, which obviously she is, the child will of course wind up being part of Katherine's life, but THIS scenario was just ridiculous: blowing off work and a meeting to go babysit affair baby. At this point, I do not think Katherine is a saint, just sort of a fool. And now she's become one of the gang who just loves to disconcert and unload on complete strangers about their messy personal lives. Kudos to park-mom who just wordlessly noped on outa there when Katherine started going on about her cheating husband and betraying friend.

And then: there is practically no bigger animal lover than me, but EVERYONE dropping everything to go search for Colin was ludicrous. When my good friend's cat got out and lost, (she came back home safe and sound later the next day) I posted all over social media and hooked them up with a group who puts out the word about local lost animals, but you know what I didn't do: leave work to go wander the neighborhood, but, you know, jobs frown on that. But then again, half these folks don't seem to work anyway, I guess. And keep in mind that this is the day after last week's epic, long, packed to the gills hanging out of Sunday: these folks literally cannot keep away from each other for more than an hour.

Eddie sitting there in D's bedroom while she finishes dressing (okay, she was just adding jewelry and a scarf, but still) was uncomfortably intimate. And her noble suffering on the podcast about how she feels it was all her fault Jon died but leaving out the whole fucking his best friend thing....gross, Delilah.

Carl/PJ is cute as pie. And Sutton Foster is Eric's dead girlfriend; she's still into the younger men.  I'm guessing flashbacks will happen. Speaking of, I need more flashbacks of Jon. I guess Ron L is done with the show? I miss him.

Colin belonging to someone else is rough. I believe Gary will wind up letting his real people know, eventually, but I would be torn as hell about that situation. Of course, no doubt the actual owners will recognize how special everyone in this group is and graciously let him keep Colin. Also, how was Eddie so sure that it was Colin and not the poor pooch already in the shelter?

I liked the acoustic cover of Wonderwall.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mumbojumbo said:

Have they done a paternity test on Eddie?  Did I miss it?

Nope. And if there's any doubt whatsoever that Jon could be the father, that's the first thing Eddie should have insisted on. (And "Gary drove him to get a vasectomy" is not enough to rule him out; vasectomies can fail.)

• Love 5
10 hours ago, kazza said:

I liked this episode. As implausible as it was for the entire gang to have a day free to look for Colin, it gave the more fun characters opportunities to interact. 

Interesting how Delilah's making her move on Andrew now that he's shown his vulnerable side. Isn't that how she swooped in on Eddie? We'll see if her revealing the (worst kept) secret to him comes back to bite her.

Katherine 3, Delilah 0 this episode for:

• Calling Delilah out on her lying - and shut up next episode Delilah for using your children as an excuse. You were ready to leave your husband. 
  • And .. sharing how she used to have scotch in the evenings with Jon in his office. 

Looking forward to next week. 

Amen to this re Delilah. She was running off with Eddie, bags packed.  I wrote back then “ does she think Jon is going to break it to them? Does she realize she is destroying the entire friend unit? No empathy at all for her.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

They should have made the dog incident happen on a weekend. Then it wouldn't seem so weird that everyone's able to drop everything and help search.

I genuinely thought it WAS supposed to be the weekend since PJ and Sophie weren't in school.

I mean, I THINK it's supposed to be July, judging from the timeline of it being nine months since Jon died, but then why is PJ applying to schools at this time? Or is he just preparing his application for October/November? Is it summer? Why was Danny auditioning for a play a few episodes ago if it's supposed to be summer? 

The timeline sucks because I have no idea when things are supposed to be and why nobody but Regina, sometimes Maggie, sometimes Rome and occasionally Katherine go to work. And yeah, if it is the weekend, why is Katherine going to work? So if it's not, why isn't everyone else? Nobody else called in sick. Gary's NEVER at work, except for that one scene in season 1. Otherwise, it's a wonder he actually has a job. Does he work from home?

Why do I care so much?

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

OMG Delilah is such a helpless and delicate flower that she can't even drive herself to wherever the podcast was recorded? JFC. Is there ANYTHING she is capable of doing herself anymore?

She's capable of calling the closest person for help when she needs it (which is 24/7). So...there's that, I guess. She's self aware that she's incapable of doing anything on her own. 

25 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Carl/PJ is cute as pie. And Sutton Foster is Eric's dead girlfriend; she's still into the younger men.  I'm guessing flashbacks will happen. Speaking of, I need more flashbacks of Jon. I guess Ron L is done with the show? I miss him.

I was really hoping that Ron Livingston would have made a surprise cameo to actually SEE the Jon/Katherine bonding flashbacks. 

25 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

And then: there is practically no bigger animal lover than me, but EVERYONE dropping everything to go search for Colin was ludicrous.

Oh, but it wasn't EVERYONE. Delilah went about her day like nothing was wrong, so....there's that. Although she should have been the first person to drop everything to help Gary since he's done it for her many times.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I genuinely thought it WAS supposed to be the weekend since PJ and Sophie weren't in school.

I mean, I THINK it's supposed to be July, judging from the timeline of it being nine months since Jon died, but then why is PJ applying to schools at this time? Or is he just preparing his application for October/November? Is it summer? Why was Danny auditioning for a play a few episodes ago if it's supposed to be summer? 

The timeline sucks because I have no idea when things are supposed to be and why nobody but Regina, sometimes Maggie, sometimes Rome and occasionally Katherine go to work. And yeah, if it is the weekend, why is Katherine going to work? So if it's not, why isn't everyone else? Nobody else called in sick. Gary's NEVER at work, except for that one scene in season 1. Otherwise, it's a wonder he actually has a job. Does he work from home?

Why do I care so much?

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a Monday, as last episode was identified as a Sunday, and this was, from the convo between Gary and Maggie about what she did last nite (which: did she not come home last nite? He was just now asking her what she did while walking Colin) the next day.

And Regina said she texted Sophie about Colin, and that she got out of school early that day (for some reason). I thought PJ was 18 and out of high school, or maybe not, I don't know.

• Useful 2
12 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a Monday, as last episode was identified as a Sunday, and this was, from the convo between Gary and Maggie about what she did last nite (which: did she not come home last nite? He was just now asking her what she did while walking Colin) the next day.

Ah, ok, that makes sense...I guess....but still, I'm still pretty sure it's supposed to be July, so nobody should be in school, in this case. Even if it's June, I'd think that they wouldn't be in school.

Also, a couple of other things that bugged me: Katherine bragging about having sex in that walk-in closet when talking about the "uptight couple." She's definitely starting to mould her behaviour with the rest of the group. I like Katherine but that definitely fell in line with the attitude that the group often takes and it bothers me.

Also, Gary bragging about STEALING OTHER PEOPLE'S COFFEE SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking. I didn't laugh, show. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Sutton Foster is Eric's dead girlfriend; she's still into the younger men. 

Hahaha, I see what you did there! In real life, Sutton is almost five years older than Jason (44 vs 39)

12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Gina said that she texted Sophie because "she gets out of school early today," which was really just a half assed excuse to have Sophie hang out with PJ without Danny around (because you know Danny would definitely help look for Colin).

As for where we are in the timeline, all I know is that we had Christmas during S1 because of the whole Christmas tree lot situation. Delilah wasn't showing when that happened (Sophie found out that Delilah was pregnant in that episode after she slipped and fell) and Charlie is still pretty small. Heh, so it's some time before the next Christmas. Does anyone remember how long Eddie was away on tour?

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

As for where we are in the timeline, all I know is that we had Christmas during S1 because of the whole Christmas tree lot situation. Delilah wasn't showing when that happened (Sophie found out that Delilah was pregnant in that episode after she slipped and fell) and Charlie is still pretty small. Heh, so it's some time before the next Christmas. Does anyone remember how long Eddie was away on tour?

I think Eddie was away for...two months? Maybe? I don't remember, though.

But I swear Delilah said this season that it's been nine months since Jon died. She also told that photographer that Jon died in October (which we DID know). And baby Charlie was born early, but not so early that she needed to be in the ICU, so she couldn't have been more than three or four weeks early. And I assume Delilah conceived in at least September, but probably right before Jon died. So, at the very least, it should be June, so the kids should be finishing school, at the very earliest.

But, honestly, I guess the show doesn't even know the timeline, especially when they can have Gary basically never ever go to work and have everyone running around every episode. The ONLY person consistently at work is Regina at this point. Katherine sometimes goes, so that's good. Maggie goes when it's plot-related. Rome, I guess, has a flexible work schedule. Eddie and Delilah don't have jobs. And Gary has only been to work once. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I swear Delilah said this season that it's been nine months since Jon died.

I went back and checked and Gary said in the previous episode, "Nine months ago, I sat here as a breast cancer survivor. Today I'm sitting here as someone who is in love with a breast cancer survivor." I'm going to take that to mean it's been nine months since he met Maggie at that meeting which should make it July. So does that mean the kids attend year round schools? This season we've already seen Theo at garden day, Danny auditioning for the school musical, and now Sophie gets out early on Mondays.

Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I went back and checked and Gary said in the previous episode, "Nine months ago, I sat here as a breast cancer survivor. Today I'm sitting here as someone who is in love with a breast cancer survivor." I'm going to take that to mean it's been nine months since he met Maggie at that meeting which should make it July. So does that mean the kids attend year round schools? This season we've already seen Theo at garden day, Danny auditioning for the school musical, and now Sophie gets out early on Mondays.

Right. I knew someone said it very recently, but forgot it was Gary in his support group. 

But yeah, because we know that Gary found out that he was cancer free the day that Jon committed suicide, then it absolutely has been nine months and it's absolutely July and the kids are either in summer school or DJ Nash doesn't know math. And apparently, it's really cold in July in Boston because almost everyone was wearing sweaters and pants. Like, I get they're filming outdoors and I guess that they were apparently filming in cold weather, but c'mon. 

I feel like they're trying to pretend like it's April, rather than July. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

You're obviously 100% correct, but as hacky as this show is, I'll allow that people making the wrong decision IS a legitimate source of drama, ya know? It's just about whether the decision is remotely believable and I think that you'd attest to the fact that, as wrong as this decision is, it's certainly a believable one. 

Oh I definitely get why the decision to hide something like this is made. But only works when the secret stays a secret. Charlie’s parentage isn’t a secret within this group, they’re only hiding it from the kids, everyone else in their circle knows. Sooner or later Danny or Sophie is going to hear a conversation.

In the real world ....i wonder with the popularity of the DNA Ancestry kits out there, how many family secrets will be revealed.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Oh I definitely get why the decision to hide something like this is made. But only works when the secret stays a secret. Charlie’s parentage isn’t a secret within this group, they’re only hiding it from the kids, everyone else in their circle knows. Sooner or later Danny or Sophie is going to hear a conversation.

See also: Rome telling Regina PJ thinks Jon might be his father 20 feet away from where everyone else is standing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, mikem said:

I wonder how the other actors/actresses feel about it becoming "The Maggie Show".   My guess is they aren't too happy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Right. I knew someone said it very recently, but forgot it was Gary in his support group. 

But yeah, because we know that Gary found out that he was cancer free the day that Jon committed suicide, then it absolutely has been nine months and it's absolutely July and the kids are either in summer school or DJ Nash doesn't know math. And apparently, it's really cold in July in Boston because almost everyone was wearing sweaters and pants. Like, I get they're filming outdoors and I guess that they were apparently filming in cold weather, but c'mon. 

I feel like they're trying to pretend like it's April, rather than July. 

Yeah, cause I'm from Boston and when I go home during the summer months it's just as hot as it was in WDC where I live. No sense of time. 

Of course they haven't done a DNA test because that would make sense.

Just now, politichick said:

Yeah, cause I'm from Boston and when I go home during the summer months it's just as hot as it was in WDC where I live. No sense of time. 

Of course they haven't done a DNA test because that would make sense.

Adding that I miss scenes of Jon, too.

• Love 2

Gary went too far when he told Maggie that she was pathetic, but I dont blame him for being pissed at Maggie. I mean, she lost his dog! It was an accident and she clearly felt awful, but she let his dog off the leash when he is apparently not the kind of dog who just wanders home without a leash, in a major city, because she was taking a call from the guy who she lied about seeing. Honestly, maybe I am just being harsh because I am sick of Maggie taking up so much screen time, its getting ridiculous at this point. I get that losing her brother was horrible, but her constant over the top angst is just too much. Poor Eric, none of this is his fault, but I dont think this will be the last of his time with this crazy ass family. 

I love dogs, and mobilizing for my favorite character (#teamColin) is certainly better for me than this groups usual codependency, it is absolutely nuts that they all just left their jobs to look for their friends dog! Isn't Regina running a struggling new restaurant? Is her poor second in command stuck being in charge again?! Like, just wait until they get home! Oh man, I am already heartbroken at Gary having to give Colin back to the other family. I am sure he will, but it will be horrible for him. 

Katherine is basically up for sainthood at this point, babysitting her husbands mistresses baby that is also secretly her husbands. On the one hand, I hope the kids do find out, because maybe they will actually have a normal reaction to this crap, and on the other hand, I actually like the kids, and I know that this is going to really hurt them. 

Delilah cant even drive herself to a podcast?! Oh my god, is she so delicate that Sophie needs to spoon feed her too? And Andrews wife isnt dead but in a coma, which seems like kind of a weird thing to lie about, especially if she ends up waking up, but I guess it IS a long story. And of course she has to have people babysitting her baby when she is hanging out with her new boyfriend, and while everyone else drops everything to help Gary and Colin, she is just like "well good luck with that dog stuff bye bye" and while I think its ridiculous that everyone else dropped everything for Gary, it doesent look great that she is the only one who actually DID have free time, and is the only one who didnt run off to help, especially after everything Gary has done for her. 

• Love 12

I hate this show for constantly making Katherine eat shit in order to make life easier for Eddie and Delilah.   They clearly have no idea how law firms work and how ridiculous it was that she leave work to take care of her husband's love child.  No one is that saintly, and it's not fair that Katherine is the one who has to swallow the crap while Eddie and Delilah get to coo about how amazing it is how great things turned out for them.

Let's all hope that the dog in the shelter is the real Wesley and Gary doesn't have to give up Colin.  Failing that, I hope Gary adopts the dog in the shelter when he has to give up Colin/Wesley.  I felt so bad for the dog in the shelter.

I'm really sick of Maggie.  She was so fucking unaware when she let Colin go that she didn't notice the garage door was wide open when she took Colin's leash off, and didn't bother to check the garage. 

Regina, your restaurant will fail because neither you, nor Delilah, nor Andrew actually take the time to run it or even be there.  I will not be sad when that happens.

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, izabella said:

Regina, your restaurant will fail because neither you, nor Delilah, nor Andrew actually take the time to run it or even be there.  I will not be sad when that happens.

Actually, speaking of that...did Regina ever fire Andrew like she said she would? I know she was trying to get enough money to buy him out, but does Andrew have any idea that he's about to lose his partnership in the business? Because man, is that going to throw a wrench in his relationship with Delilah if she hasn't. 

At least Regina is usually there. She's equally there than she isn't, which is better than everyone else with their jobs. Delilah...I still don't understand what her job is, because she's never DOING anything when she is at the restaurant. Sometimes, she's a hostess but that's literally all I've seen her do. How does she make any money?

21 minutes ago, izabella said:

I hate this show for constantly making Katherine eat shit in order to make life easier for Eddie and Delilah.   They clearly have no idea how law firms work and how ridiculous it was that she leave work to take care of her husband's love child.  No one is that saintly, and it's not fair that Katherine is the one who has to swallow the crap while Eddie and Delilah get to coo about how amazing it is how great things turned out for them.

Well....for me, I think, at the very least, Eddie is still suffering for his mistake. He is still working at trying to earn Katherine's forgiveness so I think he gets how much he's screwed up and how lucky he is that his saint of a wife is willing to work through their issues. They're not just sleeping in the same room yet, so at least there's that. And Eddie is still Charlie's glorified babysitter. 

But Delilah suffers nothing and gets away with it. Her life is just peachy and she's the one that feels entitled to glare at Katherine with the mere mention of telling the truth to the kids because Delilah knows that she'll be hated by her kids.

And I'm not really a fan of Eddie...but he HASN'T gotten off easy like Delilah has. Gary even mentioned this episode something about reworking his relationship with Eddie, which seems to be about Gary also moving past the affair stuff? Which I didn't realize was still an issue for Gary? But I'm glad if it WAS still an issue for him. It really still should be.

As for the law firm stuff, it seems like Katherine just said that she'd be working offsite, since she was working while taking care of Charlie, so it's not like she was just having a day off; she was very clearly working still.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I love the show, but man, I had to resist laughing out loud at Delilah's chagrin over Katherine telling a complete stranger the bizarre relationship between herself and Charlie, immediately after telling her not-boyfriend the whole tale. Oy.

I can't see a scenario in which Sophie and Danny don't hate their mother for a while, and Eddie, probably forever. And that's if they only find out about the affair. I imagine that learning she is continuing to lie to them about Barbara Morgan will finish off anything that's left of Sophie's goodwill.

Gary remains my favorite character. Maybe what he said to Maggie about Eric wasn't kind, but it was accurate. I will eat my shirt if he doesn't go back and rescue not!Colin.

Unrelated to the episode, but Jason Ritter reminds me so much of his dad sometimes, it breaks my heart a little. I noticed it especially when he was looking at the photo of his fiancee.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 13

I don't think what Gary says is necessarily accurate, because he's clearly not pissed at her because she's treating Eric like her brother, he's pissed because he thinks she's treating Eric as more important than HIM (turning to Eric instead of him for comfort, planning to go to the open mic with Eric, losing Colin while talking to Eric on the phone, etc.) and that's just typical jealousy stuff. So not only was he cruel to Maggie in what he said, it wasn't even the truth, as the truth was that he's jealous. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I don't think what Gary says is necessarily accurate, because he's clearly not pissed at her because she's treating Eric like her brother, he's pissed because he thinks she's treating Eric as more important than HIM (turning to Eric instead of him for comfort, planning to go to the open mic with Eric, losing Colin while talking to Eric on the phone, etc.) and that's just typical jealousy stuff. So not only was he cruel to Maggie in what he said, it wasn't even the truth, as the truth was that he's jealous. 

I think both things can be true. He can be both jealous (agree) and have the opinion that what she (and her mother) was doing was creepy/pathetic.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Delilah...I still don't understand what her job is, because she's never DOING anything when she is at the restaurant. Sometimes, she's a hostess but that's literally all I've seen her do. How does she make any money?

The group (Katherine included) of fools has probably agreed to direct deposit 50% of each of their paychecks into Delicate Delilah (Whatever Will She Do)'s account every month. I mean, the way she has these doofuses wrapped around her finger I wouldn't be surprised.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Unless they're going in a Game of Thrones direction, didn't PJ think it was kind of weird to flirt so much with Sophie and hold her hand like that? I'm sure that he will turn out not to be Jon's actual son (I have never understood the logic of "He didn't help his best friend's wife with her baby after his best friend died while on a plane that he was almost on, as well, but that wouldn't make him this guilty, he must have also knocked my mom up and bailed on her") but not only does PJ not know that, he believes the OPPOSITE, so it's really strange behavior on his part. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Maybe I'm just callous (and don't get me wrong, I love dogs and Colin is still my favorite character) but am I the only one who found everyone dramatically dropping everything to go look for Colin (who's been missing for all of 20 minutes...or a few hours...who the hell knows on this show?)** just a tad over the top?

Yes, thank you! I was thinking the same thing, but I am not an animal person, so I was worried I was just being callous.

17 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I laughed at that, but I also wondered if it is going to come back to haunt them. Like if that woman remembers Charlie's stroller and says something to Delilah when Sophie or Danny is around.  Unlikely, but possible in TV Land.

• Love 4

So Delilah asked her old boyfriend to watch her kid so she could go out with her new boyfriend?  Okay...

As much as the show can drive me crazy, I want to give it credit for having the park bench scene, where two Asian-American women just happen to be talking to each other, when there is no reason why they both are Asian-American.  They aren't related, only one of them is a "star," they aren't in Chinatown or Hawaii or an Asian country, there's nothing about the plot that's Asian or Asian-American.  There just happen to be two Asian-Americans talking to each other.  That shouldn't be notable, but I am genuinely having trouble thinking of another TV show where I've seen that happen.

Edited by mikem
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17