Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: We're All Gonna Die

During therapy, a young Annalise is forced to acknowledge a very emotional and pivotal reality that makes her admit a hard truth. Meanwhile, a brutally beaten Frank returns home with a secret to share about Laurel’s disappearance. Elsewhere in an attempt to get to know her father, Michaela accepts an offer to work alongside him but quickly learns that it’s not all that it’s cracked up to be.

Airdate: Thursday, October 24, 2019

Never good when thousands of dollars disappear like that. Yikes. 

Damn, Cora, that was one cold breakup. Honest, maybe, but cold. I wanted to hug Tegan :(. I'm also worried about this tension between Connor and Oliver. Asher's sister may well have a point with her concerns about him viewing the Keating gang as his family. Sure, these people will be forever tied together by all this insanity they've been through, but look at how they're turning on each other and getting all suspicious and whatnot. I think she's right when she wonders if they'll still be there for Asher in the future. Rather curious to see how this stuff with his sister and mom plays out.

Michaela was entertaining with her calling people out :D. 

So Frank looks to be done with Laurel and his search for her. But she and her family may not be done with him, or the others. Hm. 

• Love 5

The only good thing about this episode was finding out that not only is Tegan NOT the informant she is also not dead. (Insert Kermit happy flailing gif here). Now onto the rest. Annalise didn't owe Gabe a damn thing. He is so annoying. Michaela has been annoying me for a few weeks and continues to minus her taking down Asher's sister. I would love for this to be the end of Frank trying to save Laurel but I don't think it is. His "I love you" to Bonnie was a load of crap. I really hope that Bonnie listens to Annalise and doesn't let Frank or Nate get in her head. Speaking of Nate he is like a bad penny. He keeps popping up and I want him to go away. I can't believe he has survived this long. My biggest gripe of the night is the Cora/Tegan story. Once again bisexuals are shown as being nothing but cheaters who prefer di*k over pus*y. I almost stopped watching after that. It's so frustrating, disheartening & depressing to see. I could say a lot more on that but I won't. This isn't the place. Am I the only one who felt for Ollie during this episode? All of them (Annalise included) were totally wrong blaming him for what happened to Frank. Frank is a big boy he wasn't forced to go to that warehouse. He knew that it was going to be dangerous. This whole Asher/family storyline is CRAP. I hate his family and I don't give two shits about them. I'm glad that there is going to be more to the Vic/Michaela story because at this point I'm SO over it. This episode made me rethink my wishes for another season. The episodes are being dragged down with personal drama that just doesn't interest me and doesn't serve a point. 

ETA: Did anyone else think when Cora's bike didn't start that it was going to explode? 

Edited by Dancingjaneway
  • Love 8

Oh, good. Tegan is alive in the flashforward! I can rest easy! I will say, she looked amazing in this episode. Between her, Annalise, and Michaela, all three women were looking quite awesome. 

Tegan and Cora get their closure, at least. It's hard to fully care about them since we only just found out about Tegan's now ex wife, and it's even harder with Nate now involved.

Asher's sister is a piece of work, because Asher is right; she never showed up for him in all of these years and now she only comes back when she needs him to save their suicidal mother? So it's really not her coming back for him at all, which makes him totally right to keep her at arm's length.

But...Chloe was also not wrong about her assessment of Asher with his "new family". Because she got to see old Asher and new Asher with years separating them, she has a better picture of things that have changed with her brother. Granted, Asher has a murder under his belt and a whole lot of cover-ups, so he's not so innocent, but I liked the question about if his new family would still be friends with him after law school. Because...that's an excellent question. Michaela may, but would Connor? Would Oliver? And honestly, WOULD Michaela? 

Plus, I found Chloe's comment about Asher's eyes looking sad to just be brutal. I love when we get glimpses of serious Asher...because he feels more real. And she may be right, in that he's masking himself through being a goofball. He obviously has a lot of rage, with him murdering Sinclair, and he HAS shoved his emotions down as far as he could put them, underneath all the sexist and gross "jokes" and humour that he hides behind. 

Props to Matt McGorry for his last scene with his family. His mother REALLY has fallen apart, hasn't she?

So, Frank's alive, so...eh. I would have been just as fine if he died. So, we're really heading toward a Frank/Bonnie relationship? Which means Bonnie's probably a goner. 

Michaela's stuff with Solomon was decent enough. But what does he have with Annalise that has caused her to call in the debt that he seems to owe her?

Connor/Oliver are a right mess this season. But, something subtle that I didn't catch right away...but Oliver, quite quickly, flipped the script onto Connor during their fight. It started off with Oliver's dishonesty and Oliver flipped it right back to Connor running to tattle to Annalise. I just found it interesting.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I will say, she looked amazing in this episode. Between her, Annalise, and Michaela, all three women were looking quite awesome. 

Seriously, who do I talk to to get that kind of wardrobe? 

Plus, I found Chloe's comment about Asher's eyes looking sad to just be brutal. I love when we get glimpses of serious Asher...because he feels more real. And she may be right, in that he's masking himself through being a goofball. He obviously has a lot of rage, with him murdering Sinclair, and he HAS shoved his emotions down as far as he could put them, underneath all the sexist and gross "jokes" and humour that he hides behind. 

Props to Matt McGorry for his last scene with his family. His mother REALLY has fallen apart, hasn't she?

Agreed on all of this. I loved those scenes, too. 

• Love 2

There's been quite a lot of mention of Eve and Annalise's feelings for her these past couple episodes. I get that it's connected to Sam and might just be to bring resolution/closure to Annalise's struggle with her sexuality to get her with Tegan in the end, but I thought that was interesting. I'd be cool with either an Annalise/Tegan or Annalise/Eve endgame, as long as she doesn't end up with that bore Nate.

As someone who has liked Bonnie/Frank's weird relationship in the past, I don't buy that confession at the end. I'd love if the show didn't end with Laurel/Frank together, but I just don't believe him. I hope Bonnie sees through that like she did when he tried it a couple episodes ago.

With all the set up to Annalise running away, I'm guessing her faking her death is too obvious now, but we'll see.

Glad to see Tegan is still alive in the future and not the informant.

• Love 9

YAY, Tegan is alive, is not the informant, and is still/always awesome!!! ❤️

Asher's sister is a manipulative shithead, and I loved Michaela's takedown of her.  Her point about whether Connor, Oliver, and/or Michaela will abandon him (which I don't particularly think will happen) is kind of mitigated by the fact that her bitch-ass will drop Asher as soon as it's convenient for her, just like she's done in the past, so fuck her.

Shut UP, Nate.  Cora can kick rocks, but I can't take Nate's bullshit attempts to try to prove Tegan is responsible for...actually, I don't even know what he thinks she's responsible for anymore.  Fuck off, Nate.

Gabriel, take your sad cow eyes and get gone.  Boy, bye.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Connor/Oliver are a right mess this season. But, something subtle that I didn't catch right away...but Oliver, quite quickly, flipped the script onto Connor during their fight. It started off with Oliver's dishonesty and Oliver flipped it right back to Connor running to tattle to Annalise. I just found it interesting.

That's a great observation, and it's not the first time Oliver's done that to Connor.  He puts on his sad, innocent, puppy-dog face and speaks in that lost-little-lamb cadence, but he never takes the blame for anything, ever.

The Connor/Michaela scene on her bed was one of my favorite scenes in a few seasons.  I love their friendship.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

The Connor/Michaela scene on her bed was one of my favorite scenes in a few seasons.  I love their friendship.

Yes! It's been a while since we've had those kinds of quiet little moments between them, I enjoyed seeing that, too. 

• Love 6

I didn't like most of this. I don't care about Michaela and her daddy issues and I don't care about Frank or Bonnie, so I didn't care that Frank lived.

Tegan is the best person on this show. I almost didn't recognize her with her hair out (and I will say, I prefer the elaborate updos). When she said she'd done shots before going to Annalise's "out of respect for your sobriety and whatnot [little bow of respect]," I fell out. I did feel bad for her when she was on the floor sobbing, but IMO it's better to have real closure so she can start to heal, rather than leaving the door open with "maybe down the line" or whatever.

I maintain that Sam was the more at-fault party in Sam and Annalise's relationship. He's her doctor; he's the person with authority. He even started to reference transference, and then he just straight gave up.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I maintain that Sam was the more at-fault party in Sam and Annalise's relationship. He's her doctor; he's the person with authority. He even started to reference transference, and then he just straight gave up.

I HATE that Gabriel made it seem like Annalise was the worst perpetrator out of the two.

I'm all for Annalise working through her trauma and all of her issues, and there was a point during her conversation with Gabriel where I recognized her stance....but Gabriel acting like Sam was some poor victim is just plain wrong, and it makes me wish he was off the show. 

Actually, the first 20 minutes when he didn't show up, I didn't miss him one bit. I was hoping he wouldn't show up.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Asher's sister is a manipulative shithead, and I loved Michaela's takedown of her.  Her point about whether Connor, Oliver, and/or Michaela will abandon him (which I don't particularly think will happen) is kind of mitigated by the fact that her bitch-ass will drop Asher as soon as it's convenient for her, just like she's done in the past, so fuck her.

She was really trying to drive home that "blood is the only family that matters" wasn't she UGH I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!! It's so manipulative and cliche, also sends the message that hey even if we were terrible to you we're related! So get the hell over it! Yikes..........

15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yes I was not surprised at all Sam was a weak man just like his son.  

14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I HATE that Gabriel made it seem like Annalise was the worst perpetrator out of the two.

I don't get why am I supposed to swoon over Gabe? He's not even that hot (IMO). His character is straight up terrible he is THE ONLY ONE WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT SAM! And that scene with Michaela at the end was so forced she wasn't even there to see him she was looking for Asher. Someone please just let her break up with him already I don't care that he's sorry (although he should be anyway). 

15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don't care about Michaela and her daddy issues

What I don't is WHY after all this time are they giving Michaela her daddy issues? They came out of nowhere and I feel like they could've done better than her being the product of a one nighter (which is horrible by the way you cheat without protection???!!!!). Also they had her admit diet wes was right????? what the fuck?????? I don't think Solomon is worth it but we'll see where they're going with this I guess......

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 6

With all this teasing I feel like Shonda Rhimes is the female Scott Gimple which if that is the case HTGAWM is screwed and I should cut my losses. I also have a bad feeling about Micheala/Wal-mart wes Shonda has a habit of making trash parings canon and killing off one party of a better one. But I digress. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 2

This episode really didn't help me shoot down my Oliver is the informant theory. Not only is he a good hacker which means he could take Annalise's money or get her info but the way he's been acting with Connor. Also the fact that he's been spending so much time at home while the rest of the gang goes to work at C&G. Pairing that with Connors reaction puts him at the top of my list with Laurel in second place. 

• Love 10

Character Gabriel and the bland  actor who plays him can go away anytime now, please.  Yawn.  The character means squat to me and the actor is wooden and so beneath the acting skills of the rest of the cast.  I think I read here that he is from a soap opera.  I can tell. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

First off, Amirah Vaughn was outstanding this episode. The Tegan/ Cora and Tegan/Annalise scenes were so well acted. Favorite line, “ the b*tch is in mah blood!”  I loved that the Tegan/Annalise moment didn’t turn romantic. Annalise needs a friend more than another lover. Tegan gets her.

As far as I’m concerned Nate, Laurel and Gabe can all die any minute now. My guess is Nate or Gabe for the informant. I think Laurel disappeared herself. The more I think about it, the more that “thank you” Laurel said to Annalise before she disappeared was her way of saying goodbye.

I’m happy to see Annalise was planning an exit strategy. Let these folks graduate and get out of dodge.

I’m typically a Coliver shipper, but I was really disappointed with Oliver. He really didn’t take ownership of how much withholding that info hurt Connor and then tried to flip the switch and make Connor feel bad for it.  Connor has shown he is willing to do pretty much anything to make Oliver happy. It was nice to see him checking in on Oliver’s feelings after the three way.

The main torture guy was definitely the one in the picture of Jorge and Tegan in Mexico. Not sure if that means Jorge is involved in all of this or not.

20 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Never good when thousands of dollars disappear like that. Yikes. 

Damn, Cora, that was one cold breakup. Honest, maybe, but cold. I wanted to hug Tegan :(. I'm also worried about this tension between Connor and Oliver. Asher's sister may well have a point with her concerns about him viewing the Keating gang as his family. Sure, these people will be forever tied together by all this insanity they've been through, but look at how they're turning on each other and getting all suspicious and whatnot. I think she's right when she wonders if they'll still be there for Asher in the future. Rather curious to see how this stuff with his sister and mom plays out.

Michaela was entertaining with her calling people out :D. 

So Frank looks to be done with Laurel and his search for her. But she and her family may not be done with him, or the others. Hm. 

My guess is Xavier  stole the money once he found about about the private account.

I was expecting Micheala to snatch her earrings off when Chloe started in on the K4. I think Chloe knew it too, which is why she backed off and left. I do not trust Chloe. I think this is a scheme to get Asher’s mom to turn over power of attorney to her and/or Asher. They are still living in the Millstone house so I don’t think the Millstones are completely broke. Out of all of them, I think Asher has grown the most. He much more self aware of his short comings and has always been loyal to the K4 and crew, even when they leave him out of things.

I think Nate sabotaged Cora’s bike. 

14 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Yes! It's been a while since we've had those kinds of quiet little moments between them, I enjoyed seeing that, too. 

I like the Micheala/Connor moment.  I think they both just realized how good of a friend Asher has been to them. I hope this bodes well for the future. 

11 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I want to hug Tegan. I love her and would love to see a spin-off with her. 
I must have missed it but who took/stole Annalise’s money?

My guess Xavier 

10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I didn't like most of this. I don't care about Michaela and her daddy issues and I don't care about Frank or Bonnie, so I didn't care that Frank lived.

Tegan is the best person on this show. I almost didn't recognize her with her hair out (and I will say, I prefer the elaborate updos). When she said she'd done shots before going to Annalise's "out of respect for your sobriety and whatnot [little bow of respect]," I fell out. I did feel bad for her when she was on the floor sobbing, but IMO it's better to have real closure so she can start to heal, rather than leaving the door open with "maybe down the line" or whatever.

Clearly Solomon and Annalise are lying.

Sam was a piece of trash and Gabe is even worse. How stupid can you be to listen to that tape and not be disgusted at Sam’s lack of professionalism AND total disregard for his first marriage. So what if Annalise came on to him. Annalise admits she was attracted to Sam because it was the safe choice over being  gay  and Sam represented respectability to her. How stupid is Gabe not to see it was Sam’s job as the therapist, the one in the position of power to point this out to Annalise and either shut that down or refer her to another therapist?! How dare he blame Annalise for his father’s lack of dick control.

8 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

With all this teasing I feel like Shonda Rhimes is the female Scott Gimple which if that is the case HTGAWM is screwed and I should cut my losses. I also have a bad feeling about Micheala/Wal-mart wes Shonda has a habit of making trash parings canon and killing off one party of a better one. But I digress. 

Pete Nowalk. Shonda isn’t show runner.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

What I don't is WHY after all this time are they giving Michaela her daddy issues? They came out of nowhere and I feel like they could've done better than her being the product of a one nighter (which is horrible by the way you cheat without protection???!!!!).

I think they just wanted to wrap up and show why Annalise picked her for the K5 to begin with. My guess is we’ll get Connor’s on the 2nd half of the season. If they hadn’t spent so much time on Wes then Laurel’s stupid drama, they could have space those 2 background plots out a little better. Now it just feel like try8ng to wrap up loose story lines.

• Love 5

Watching this and realizing I'm only here for the whole ending...I cannot like or root for any of characters besides Annalise and Teagan...The rest can jump off a cliff...and Nate...what is the point of Nate? He hasn't had one for years....at least he didn't use the word "Pops" this episode.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Character Gabriel and the bland  actor who plays him can go away anytime now, please.  Yawn.  The character means squat to me and the actor is wooden and so beneath the acting skills of the rest of the cast.  I think I read here that he is from a soap opera.  I can tell. 

Naomi Campbell Laughing.gif

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Milaxx said:

I was expecting Micheala to snatch her earrings off when Chloe started in on the K4. I think Chloe knew it too, which is why she backed off and left. I do not trust Chloe. I think this is a scheme to get Asher’s mom to turn over power of attorney to her and/or Asher. They are still living in the Millstone house so I don’t think the Millstones are completely broke.

Excellent theory. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm all for Annalise working through her trauma and all of her issues, and there was a point during her conversation with Gabriel where I recognized her stance....but Gabriel acting like Sam was some poor victim is just plain wrong, and it makes me wish he was off the show. 

Though I don't agree with Gabriel, I get him.  What would he know about Sam's professionalism?  Gabriel is a boy. 

Gabriel is doing what a son would do, side with his dad.  Here's the thing.  Sam was in the wrong because, as Bonnie said, he was the doctor.  However, Annalise believed that Sam went after her.  Technically, that wasn't true.  Annalise went after Sam, but SAM didn't stop it, which made him in the wrong.  Annalise was just shocked to her the tape and what she was saying, she was focusing on HER part.  Doesn't make Sam any less wrong.   Annalise didn't really love Sam,  it was because he was the dream she thought she wanted.  Annalise was happy with Eve, but Eve wasn't the dream.

My problem with Gabriel is that he's unnecessary.  I sense that the producers thought their was a void when Wes was killed off and Gabriel became the "Wes replacement."  I wasn't sorry that Wes was killed off.  He was a class A idiot.  Why the hell did he want to take everybody down when HE was the one who actually killed Sam.  BTW, Sam would not have been killed if it weren't for Wes and his stupid Rebecca obsession.  

The cause of all of this mess was and still is, Sam.

I'm confused about one thing.  Are there two murder victims?  During one of the interrogation scenes (don't remember if it was Connor's or Michaela's) they were told, "we've got a dead informant."   I can't believe Annalise is the informant who is dead.  So who is it?  So far the only people who know are alive are Teagan, Michaela and Connor.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed the Annalise/Tegan and Annalise/Bonnie scenes. Viola is obviously always great but I think of the whole cast, she plays the best off of Amirah and Liza. Scenes with either of them are consistently captivating.

Also Tegan's not dead! Tegan's not dead!

The actress who plays Chloe is really good. She and Matt McGorry shared certain little mannerisms and ways of speaking, it really felt like they were siblings.

Maybe Gabriel and Nate can meet up and discuss their misguided theories with one another. Offscreen.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I absolutely cackled at that line. The delivery was perfect. I'll admit to being quite slow to warm up to Tegan, but this season, and particularly this episode, have made me adore her. So naturally, I was surprised to learn she isn't dead!

I do prefer her hair the way it was done in this episode, though. It made her seem more human maybe?

Tegan and Cora are a seriously attractive couple. Seeing how Tegan looked at her in that first scene made me immediately want to like Cora, but then I felt so bad for Tegan when she was alone and sobbing.

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 3

What I found to be quite the contrast was watching the talent disparity between Mercedes Mason's overacting of Cora with her numerous, intense facial expressions and Amirah Vann's seemingly easy perfection as Tegan, who was completely believable throughout their scenes.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Gabriel is a boy. 

He is not a boy. He’s a full grown man. They are in law school. They are mid 20’s at best. These are not children. Gabriel is a fool. He needs to go get therapy for his daddy issues. He’s seen proof after proof of how much a piece of crap Sam was and yet, continues to search out some sliver of proof that’s wasn’t.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 12

When they showed footage of the safe deposit box being emptied, I really thought it was the actress who later turned out to be Asher's sister. Since everyone else seems to think it looked like Laurel and that it was not an imposter, I'm kind of disappointed, and also worried about my eyes.

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

This episode really didn't help me shoot down my Oliver is the informant theory. Not only is he a good hacker which means he could take Annalise's money or get her info but the way he's been acting with Connor. Also the fact that he's been spending so much time at home while the rest of the gang goes to work at C&G. Pairing that with Connors reaction puts him at the top of my list with Laurel in second place. 

I would definitely be here for this. It seems like the show has always protected Oliver as being above the others and the moral compass, as much as anyone on this show can be, so to have him betray them all selfishly would be pretty interesting. It definitely feels like they've been building to something with him with comments and concerns from Connor over the seasons, and that'd be a great place for it end up.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Milaxx said:

He is not a boy. He’s a full grown man. They are in law school. They are mid 20’s at best. These are not children. Gabriel is a fool. He needs to go get therapy for his daddy issues. He’s seen proof after proof of how much a piece of crap Sam was and yet, continues to search out some sliver of proof that’s wasn’t.

Sounds like a boy to me.  He's immature enough to still have hero fantasies of his father.  Therapy might help, so would maturity.  

18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Sounds like a boy to me.  He's immature enough to still have hero fantasies of his father.  Therapy might help, so would maturity.  

An immature man is still not a boy. Someone 25 years old or more is not a boy, no matter the issues. In season 3 when Laurel is in the ER after Annalise’s house burns down, her chart list her as 27.  That means she’s at least 28/29 now and the rest of the K5 are I. The same age range more or less. Gabe as a 2L is a year behind. Gabe is a grown man probably 26/27 years old.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 3

I love Tegan. And I loved seeing her and Annalise commiserating ("I did a couple shots before I came over here out of respect for your sobriety and whatnot") Those two are great together.

Michaela's story is basically Wes' story from season 2. I just hope Solomon Vick doesn't go the way of Wallace Mahoney.

And Asher's mother is out here living like Grey Gardens.

Are we ever going to see Laurel or Christopher again?

• Love 1

I hate Nate. He’s so annoying. I wish he would just fuck off. 

Gabriel is also the worst. Your dad was a piece of shit. I wish Annalise told him how shitty Sam really was.

I felt so bad for Teagan. Which makes me hate Nate more. I don’t even understand what Nate’s theory is anymore. Tegan is the best. Even if she got rid of Laurel meh? Jk kind of.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

My problem with this season remains that the only people I care about are Annalise, Bonnie (please don’t fall for Frank’s sudden declarations of love, you deserve better), Frank (and his never-ending stupidity is causing that to diminish at a mind-numbing rate) and Teagan. Sadly we keep getting bottom-basement Wes, the increasingly obnoxious Michaela, Asher of white privilege (don’t forget your ass is a a murderer), I have long stopped paying attention to Connor, I never liked Nate, and the Laurel chronicles. So yes, I want the series to end with at least one murder, sadly none of the characters I want killed off will die.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Marley said:

I hate Nate. He’s so annoying. I wish he would just fuck off. 

Gabriel is also the worst. Your dad was a piece of shit. I wish Annalise told him how shitty Sam really was.

OMG, Yes! Every time Nate comes on screen, I just think "Die! Die! Die!"

Gabriel annoys me as well (although far less than Nate). I don't even get his purpose. He and Michaela have no chemistry, and I don't care that he's Sam's son. I really want Connor and Michaela to sit Gabriel down in a room and say, "Your father was an awful man. You dodged a big bullet there, buddy."

ETA:

These nicknames y'all are giving Gabriel ("diet wes," "Walmart-Wes," "bottom-basement Wes," etc.) are giving me life!

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4

It never fails: anything Shonda Rhymes has her finger on makes me hate every single character. I either hate them all or don't care about any of them. I tried to watch the other shows I know are Shonda's. I couldn't. Viola Davis has me still watching this one but frankly, I don't think iI follow the stories and absurdities anymore - if I ever did. I am just looking at the woman, knowing that everyone else is just murdering, conniving, lying, fleeing. 

It is all so ridiculous, so far removed from a grain of reality, I can't even.

It is not that the characters are "flawed". It is that they are all so corrupt/liars/criminal/unethical, they are so completely unredeemable, I can only see them as super villains that cannot exist in real life. It makes me question Shonda's own ethics/view of the world and people. She must have a dark little heart indeed.

She is the most overrated producer out there and I don't get the whole fandom around her.

Have to say though, she is good at the effort to hire minority actors. And she got Viola Davis to work in one of the shitshows (the only actor I consider worthy of my hate watch in all of shondaland's productions)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

These nicknames y'all are giving Gabriel ("diet wes," "Walmart-Wes," "bottom-basement Wes," etc.) are giving me life!

LOL well there's more where that came from because this season isn't over and I don't see them getting rid of his annoying ass so strap in 😉

Someone(on a different site) really said that dollar tree wes has common sense LMAO yeah blaming a traumatized woman for falling in love with her manipulating therapist is the epitome of common sense......Bonus: Sam was the one who was MARRIED AND HE STILL HAS YET TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE WAS RESPONSIBLE!!!!! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

LOL well there's more where that came from because this season isn't over and I don't see them getting rid of his annoying ass so strap in 😉

Someone(on a different site) really said that dollar tree wes has common sense LMAO yeah blaming a traumatized woman for falling in love with her manipulating therapist is the epitome of common sense......Bonus: Sam was the one who was MARRIED AND HE STILL HAS YET TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HE WAS RESPONSIBLE!!!!! 

That bugged me a lot. In Sam and Annalise's therapist-client relationship, there's a massive power differential, so yeah, the culpability lies with Sam. As a therapist, it is his job to tell her no, no matter how many times she asks him to sleep with her.

I get that Gabriel has some fantasy about Sam being a great man and father just because ol' dude came to see him once. But he needs to get all the facts before he starts worshipping Sam like he was some saint.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, alexvillage said:

It never fails: anything Shonda Rhymes has her finger on makes me hate every single character. I either hate them all or don't care about any of them. I tried to watch the other shows I know are Shonda's. I couldn't. Viola Davis has me still watching this one but frankly, I don't think iI follow the stories and absurdities anymore - if I ever did. I am just looking at the woman, knowing that everyone else is just murdering, conniving, lying, fleeing. 

It is all so ridiculous, so far removed from a grain of reality, I can't even.

It is not that the characters are "flawed". It is that they are all so corrupt/liars/criminal/unethical, they are so completely unredeemable, I can only see them as super villains that cannot exist in real life. It makes me question Shonda's own ethics/view of the world and people. She must have a dark little heart indeed.

She is the most overrated producer out there and I don't get the whole fandom around her.

Have to say though, she is good at the effort to hire minority actors. And she got Viola Davis to work in one of the shitshows (the only actor I consider worthy of my hate watch in all of shondaland's productions)

Playing devil's avocate here but I think the show is all on Pete Nowalk and Shonda just produces it, so for this one she should not get blamed 

Now regarding the characters, well the title is how to get away with Murder. Not minor fraud or theft, but murder, so amorality was kind of To be expected from Day one. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Coxfires said:

Playing devil's avocate here but I think the show is all on Pete Nowalk and Shonda just produces it, so for this one she should not get blamed 

Now regarding the characters, well the title is how to get away with Murder. Not minor fraud or theft, but murder, so amorality was kind of To be expected from Day one. 

Fair, the characters play on the title - which could be a metaphor, but ok. They could have at least a couple of character that are likable. Not one is. How many years have passed since the first murder? And they are still doubling, tripling down on them. it seems that everyone they know and meet are equally unethical, sometimes criminals. Yet, they seem to be reasonably Ok, not big remorse that would cause real people to breakdown. Unless they are all psychopaths, which leads me to my point that all the character are horrible and the show doesn't resemble anything even close to reality, even though it touches on serious real life issues.

As for who decides the direction of the show, I read something a few years ago about Shonda, and a little interview with her, and she does have a lot of control over anything that carries her name, even if only as a producer.

• Love 1
On 10/26/2019 at 10:51 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

I love Tegan. And I loved seeing her and Annalise commiserating ("I did a couple shots before I came over here out of respect for your sobriety and whatnot") Those two are great together.

Michaela's story is basically Wes' story from season 2. I just hope Solomon Vick doesn't go the way of Wallace Mahoney.

And Asher's mother is out here living like Grey Gardens.

Are we ever going to see Laurel or Christopher again?

Karla is slated as recurring this season and she was seen on set at least once. My guess is we see her in the mid season finale. 

20 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Not only that but it’s so common for patients to fall in love with their therapist. It’s called transference. Sam should have known better. 

On another note, someone posted a screencap of the flash forward from this week. There are 2 bloodstains. I know it’s wrong, but I hope one is Gabe’s. If the other belongs to Asher, I hope he’s just wounded and is the client Tegan is going to see. I’ll try and find the screencap again and post it.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, alexvillage said:

How many years have passed since the first murder?

The first season was set in the first year of the K5's law school experience, and the killing of Sam happened during Homecoming of that year, so roughly October/Novemberish. 

The current season is set in the third year of the remaining K5's law school experience, and I think it too is in the fall. So roughly 2 years.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

The first season was set in the first year of the K5's law school experience, and the killing of Sam happened during Homecoming of that year, so roughly October/Novemberish. 

The current season is set in the third year of the remaining K5's law school experience, and I think it too is in the fall. So roughly 2 years.

Last season ended Fall/Winter. Coliver got married just before Thanksgiving & Christopher had his first Xmas. I think we’re in the Spring of year 3. Since the flash forward is 3mths ahead, my guess is It’s late Feb/March 2017. 

Edited by Milaxx
On 10/25/2019 at 1:19 AM, colorbars said:

There's been quite a lot of mention of Eve and Annalise's feelings for her these past couple episodes. I get that it's connected to Sam and might just be to bring resolution/closure to Annalise's struggle with her sexuality to get her with Tegan in the end, but I thought that was interesting. I'd be cool with either an Annalise/Tegan or Annal

I think the shop has sailed on Eve/Annalise. Eve is settled into a relationship with a child on the way. I like that she remains a good friend to Annalise, but I think it’s best for her to be Annalise’s “one that got away”.  
as for Annalise/Tegan, I can see the attraction, but I think I’d like to see Annalise with at least one peer based friendship. Annalise deserves a friend who isn’t dependent on her.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2

Tegan being alive and not the informant is great. Her scenes with Cora and Annalise again continue to be the highlight of this season.

Nate and Cora teaming up against Tegan, nope, not liking that idea. Nate's grudge against Tegan is boring.

Really don't like Asher's sister but at least he's getting a storyline this season.

Connor and Oliver this seems to be brewing for a while, hasn't it?

Michaela's father, yeah, looking forward to see more of him and his past with Annalise.

Gabriel continues to be boring as a character, 8/10

Thank you Bonnie! Annalise is NOT at fault for what happened with Sam, Sam was the therapist, Sam should know about transference, Sam should have known better, as a medical professional. What he did was horribly unethical, not to mention cheating on and leaving his wife and son, he was the villain here, not Annalise. She was vulnerable, and he took advantage of that vulnerability. 

Ashers sister seems like a real piece of work, and who is she to tell him that his friends wont be his friends anymore or announcing that they're clearly such bad people who dont know or care about Asher? Especially Michaela, who I am pretty sure is still in love with him in a non platonic kind of way, and was about three seconds from throwing down with her at the implication that she doesent care about him. That being said, she is right that Asher is so desperate to be liked that he changes himself to fit into whatever group he happens to be in, and he really is in a bad place. The comment about his eyes being sad was dead on, he really does look so heartbroken all of the time, and I am glad that he is going to try and support his mom. 

On 10/25/2019 at 12:02 AM, Lady Calypso said:

But, something subtle that I didn't catch right away...but Oliver, quite quickly, flipped the script onto Connor during their fight. It started off with Oliver's dishonesty and Oliver flipped it right back to Connor running to tattle to Annalise. I just found it interesting.

I definitely noticed that, and I think its a pattern in their relationship in general. Oliver puts on his sad puppy eyes and turns things around so that he is always the victim and the one in the right, and because Connor has a pretty low opinion of himself and often puts Oliver on a kind of moral pedestal, whenever Oliver turns things around to be Connors fault, he usually goes with it. I dont blame Oliver for helping Frank, but he probably should have told Connor what was going on. He knew how messed up he was about Laurel, and Connor is his damn husband! I think their is some validity to Oliver being the informant, but if he is, and in the future he not only betrayed everyone but is also dead...I dont know if Connor could come back from that. 

That bed scene with Michaela and Connor was a really great little scene, it was a really nice quiet character moment and I always enjoy their friendship. 

Frank and Bonnie have always been a good relationship, and while I dont usually care much for Frank, I hope he survives for her sake if nothing else. I hope he is also giving up on finding Laurel. She isnt worth it dude, and it seems increasingly like she left on her own accord. 

Poor Tegan, that break up might have been honest, but it was also freaking brutal. On the other hand, she is definitely alive and not the informant! I really want her to survive and not be a villain, so hurrah! I am also glad that her coming to Annalise didnt end with them hooking up, she was in no place for that, and I think they both need a friend more than a lover. Well, for now anyway!

• Love 3

The "flaky bisexual leaves her lesbian girlfriend for a man and her lesbian ex is justified in mistrusting bisexuals for the rest of her life" trope is tired. Tegan is better than that.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:00 PM, secnarf said:

I do prefer [Teagan's] hair the way it was done in this episode, though. It made her seem more human maybe?

I think her hair being more casual and less coiffed this episode was a reflection of her emotional vulnerability.

So is Karla Souza filming something else? Is this the last batch of episodes or are we still getting spring episodes? Why focus so many episodes on her to kick her out in the final stretch?

LOL Frank "Now that my ex's brother nearly tortured me to death, I realized you're my better option, love you!" Fuck off. Bonnie is desperate and while they were never hotter than when she comforted Frank by having random needy sex with him, everything after that and him stringing her along as a backup option just cheapens their supposed bond.

The best moment of the episode was Asher running to go through his cologne mist, lol.

I'm afraid there won't be enough time to explain or fix personality transplant Ollie.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 2

This is the second time the show had made bisexuals seem flakey. Annalise being the first. I haven’t paid attention enough to notice if this is a common tv trope, but I can see the validity of the complaint on this show. 

15 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

So is Karla Souza filming something else? Is this the last batch of episodes or are we still getting spring episodes? Why focus so many episodes on her to kick her out in the final stretch?

I haven’t heard. I think she just decided that since this was the final season and she recently had a baby to ask for reduced screen time. It was announced a while back that she was no longer a series regular. The show had a full season order and most of the main cast (at least those active on social media) are still filming. 

• Love 3